[FM19][SKIN] Football Manager 2019 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

On 06/11/2018 at 08:26, jaylove82 said:

Hey Micheal

Glad to see you're back to help us all again

My problem is the same as last year - background stadium images

I've copied over the megapack from last year into a created graphics folder (image 1), and i'm using one of the flat skins, but the stadium images are not coming up in the match engine (image 2).  They are showing on my home profile page though (image 3)?  Also, do I have to use a custom skin for it to work or can I use one of the default ones?

Please can you help

I'm using a mac

Grateful as always

J

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 08.23.52.png

If you want backgrounds to show on the pitch screen you need to turn on the split screen mode from the widgets menu you can then drag the divider to cover the screen and the backgrounds should show behind that. However this will only work for commentary only mode, if you just want the backgrounds to show whilst there are no highlights then this isn't possible.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/11/2018 at 13:41, Ramoscu said:

How to change the colors of these boxes?

image.thumb.png.f4e4ad5ed8d2e717af3dd9ea02e013cb.png

If you mean the colour of the position boxes then they are controlled by the following lines in the settings file:

<colour name="goalkeeper_line" red="98" green="91" blue="80" />
  <colour name="defender_line" red="61" green="118" blue="165" />
  <colour name="defensive_midfielder_line" red="105" green="117" blue="129" />
  <colour name="midfielder_line" red="71" green="81" blue="91" />
  <colour name="attacking_midfielder_line" red="38" green="45" blue="52" />
  <colour name="attacker_line" red="100" green="88" blue="132" />
  <colour name="substitutes_line" red="90" green="90" blue="100"/>

23 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

They can be used but will need to update the panel. the base skin isnt set with it.    The panel rom 18 will prob be fine to move over. 

Thanks, but would you be able to tell me what xml to alter within the correct panel? The image from above is from fm15 I think.

3 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Thanks, but would you be able to tell me what xml to alter within the correct panel? The image from above is from fm15 I think.

Stadium overview panel in the club folder

On 11/11/2018 at 00:12, kingjericho said:

My base skin is not loading exactly like the default base skin, it lacks the purple background. I unzipped directly to the skins folder, along with the other two base skins, that are showing up normally. Is there a bug or am I doing anything wrong?

You got a screenshot?

10 hours ago, edupampero said:

Can someone teach me how to change the background color and the panels?

It depends on which version you are using, if you are using the default one then have a look at the background support mod thread linked in the opening post.

For the others you'll need to change the ui_background colour in the settings file found in the settings folder for the skin that controls the colour of the background overlay, for the generally panels they are controlled by the various box colours set in the same file though it's trial and error as to which ones you'll need to edit as they all control different items but there should be threads in the forum to help you.

1 hora atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

It depends on which version you are using, if you are using the default one then have a look at the background support mod thread linked in the opening post.

For the others you'll need to change the ui_background colour in the settings file found in the settings folder for the skin that controls the colour of the background overlay, for the generally panels they are controlled by the various box colours set in the same file though it's trial and error as to which ones you'll need to edit as they all control different items but there should be threads in the forum to help you.

Michael, I have been using his "base dark" skin for years (I always download your page), only this year the panels are transparent and so the background bothers me with skin in some parts of the game.

I really like her and wanted to learn to leave these panels dark, not being transparent.

Edited by edupampero

2 hours ago, edupampero said:

Michael, I have been using his "base dark" skin for years (I always download your page), only this year the panels are transparent and so the background bothers me with skin in some parts of the game.

I really like her and wanted to learn to leave these panels dark, not being transparent.

Have a look in your other thread you've edited the graphics in the skin which is why they are transparent.

4 horas atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

Have a look in your other thread you've edited the graphics in the skin which is why they are transparent.

Michael, is it possible for me to leave only the kits without the shields together? I wanted to leave only the shirts, without the shield together? ps: it's circled in red what I asked

fm19l_ibh.png

Total newbie at any of this skinning lark so forgive me if this is simple.

Untitled.thumb.png.f8dd1efa3c2b43970557e3e007b28103.png

I am using Wannachups Instant Result Dark skin currently, and the only thing i want to change is the width of the details of the highlighted match to the right.

I have extracted the Panels.fmf, but have not got a clue which panel I need and what to edit. I would ideally want to reduce the size down by about 60-75% as it is taking up too much screen real estate for my liking

21 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Total newbie at any of this skinning lark so forgive me if this is simple.

Untitled.thumb.png.f8dd1efa3c2b43970557e3e007b28103.png

I am using Wannachups Instant Result Dark skin currently, and the only thing i want to change is the width of the details of the highlighted match to the right.

I have extracted the Panels.fmf, but have not got a clue which panel I need and what to edit. I would ideally want to reduce the size down by about 60-75% as it is taking up too much screen real estate for my liking

fixtures list panel in the match folder.

The bottom of the xml will have the fixtures detail    width="xx" figure you can use to move it. 

Edited by wkdsoul

17 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

fixtures list panel in the match folder.

The bottom of the xml will have the fixtures detail    width="xx" figure you can use to move it. 

So I found the file and figured out about adding the width="xx" at the bottom.

I have added the panel file into the match folder for the skin I use but it is not changing. 

Any other things I need to do?

2 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

did you add xx or just change the number.. i think the default is 325.   just up or lower that

I did put a number in it.  I have the Nueb skin so used that as a base as it was a nice width and thats set at 300.  I changed it in the panel fro the archive to 300 and then to 250, but neither seemed to make a difference. 

The panel in the archive didn't actually have a number which was why I used Nueb to check it

21 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I did put a number in it.  I have the Nueb skin so used that as a base as it was a nice width and thats set at 300.  I changed it in the panel fro the archive to 300 and then to 250, but neither seemed to make a difference. 

The panel in the archive didn't actually have a number which was why I used Nueb to check it

Have you cleared the skin cache and reloaded it?

Got it sorted. 

In the fixtures list panel, I needed to go to line 13 for <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-4,-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>

That -1 was -2 and changing it has done that job :)

6 hours ago, The Good Rebel said:

I downloaded the base skins but don't seem to have any panels in the skins folder, want to swap some things about on the club overview panel the panel folder is empty. Any ideas?

You have to extract default panels from the Resource Archiver to have all panels. 

I've lifted the highlighted text from my base skins folder from fm17 and dropped it into the base skin folder in fm19. It's making no difference. Is it possible to add the small stadium image to the club overview screen using a base skin, or is it only possible using custom skins? Am I looking at the wrong bit of xml, or maybe the wrong panels folder totally?

image.thumb.png.1676993e2baceb7f9478669ab3da5134.png

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer
typo

On 03/11/2018 at 14:55, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Should be same instructions as last year:

Hi Michael, what is the name of the file I need to repeat this for the managers screen?

14ner9j.png

Edited by stevemc

non player profile.

Quick Skinning tip. - get a program called "Textcrawler" you can search in xmls without opening for certain text  "icon_box" for the above, as well as may find/replace without opening anything. etc  great program

5 horas atrás, keysi disse:

@Luiz Gonçalves If you want to reduce the width of the right panel, you need the 'fixture list panel' and edit the width at the bottom of the panel.

I use this panel where I added width 350.

fixtures list panel.xml

Thank you. But what folder do I put? I put it in the panels \ match folder, but it did not work. :(

Hi there how can i change the schedule result colors? I'm a complete newbie at this sort of thing. 

Just been testing things out and it doesnt matter what skin i choose all of the result icons are the same for some reason. Almost as if the defaults ones have been written over...Am i looking at a full uninstall and then a reinstall?

Just done some more testing and uninstalled then reinstalled. Verified the files and then cleared caches and then reloaded files. Still the same....odd!

PFC Shedule colours.png

Edited by One hell of a keeper
research

On 01/12/2018 at 15:47, One hell of a keeper said:

Hi there how can i change the schedule result colors? I'm a complete newbie at this sort of thing. 

Just been testing things out and it doesnt matter what skin i choose all of the result icons are the same for some reason. Almost as if the defaults ones have been written over...Am i looking at a full uninstall and then a reinstall?

Just done some more testing and uninstalled then reinstalled. Verified the files and then cleared caches and then reloaded files. Still the same....odd!

PFC Shedule colours.png

Firstly unsuscribe from the YACS skin in the workshop, as this is known to cause this (If you are subscribed your skins folder will contain the file YACS.fmf).

The icons themselves are titled defeat.png, draw.png, win.png and can be found in SKIN\graphics\icons\16px along with their corresponding .xml files to effect image properties such as color replacement strings.

There are guides on extracting the default game files if you need them.

Edited by steveyisatard

On 04/12/2018 at 19:40, steveyisatard said:

Firstly unsuscribe from the YACS skin in the workshop, as this is known to cause this (If you are subscribed your skins folder will contain the file YACS.fmf).

The icons themselves are titled defeat.png, draw.png, win.png and can be found in SKIN\graphics\icons\16px along with their corresponding .xml files to effect image properties such as color replacement strings.

There are guides on extracting the default game files if you need them.

Absolute Hero! Thanks a million for that! Yeah its was an odd issue coming up, and tested every skin to make sure that it wasn't just narrowed to one or two. Many thanks for this!

Anyone getting more issues ithan usual with having the same bit of stat/code on the same xml page?  (ie, manger rep appearing in profile and in say a scout report) or is my laptop playing silly buggers