Sports Interactive Community
macca72

FM19: Leeds United - Home of Bielsa's bucket

3 hours ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

It's a fairy tale :)

Won the league in March with 8 games to go.

The biggest game of the season coming up which is FA Cup final against Arsenal. I was lucky to face championship teams most of the games but managed to beat Man City 1-0 in the semi final

Wish me luck and recommend some transfers for the premier league and hopefully, Euro Cup

Great work. Are you still playing cautious from your post at the top?

20 minutes ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

Yes. Unfortunately, lost 2-1 in the cup final

Still a great season, looking forward to your premier league updates 👍

On 06/11/2018 at 18:50, soldierblue123 said:

I would be thrilled with that too.  Good work. Keep going and I hope you get promoted.

Got promoted with 4 games to go and confirmed as champion with 2 games to go. Looking at next years fixtures, im going to have a slow start after Man U, Liverpool and arsenal...

2 minutes ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Got promoted with 4 games to go and confirmed as champion with 2 games to go. Looking at next years fixtures, im going to have a slow start after Man U, Liverpool and arsenal...

That's a tough draw

14 hours ago, jayahr said:

Wow, that is amazing success you're having there :thup:

Just wondering, how did you get > 30m for Coyle, who is loaned out to Fleetwood at the end of season 1? Did you recall him and he excelled?

lewies history... the figue here is with all the add ons.  He played well enough for Newcastle to really want him. I kept negotiating.

image.thumb.png.1a8d9a9ae5fcfb4084bb4db742da209e.png

On 08/11/2018 at 00:17, Mardy said:

So I am just into December and Pontus is my top goal scorer :lol:  3 assists too.

Absolute beast from corners and long throws 

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 13.43.56.png

On 08/11/2018 at 00:17, Mardy said:

So I am just into December and Pontus is my top goal scorer :lol:  3 assists too.

great work

3 hours ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

well done

8 hours ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

It's a fairy tale :)

Won the league in March with 8 games to go.

The biggest game of the season coming up which is FA Cup final against Arsenal. I was lucky to face championship teams most of the games but managed to beat Man City 1-0 in the semi final

Wish me luck and recommend some transfers for the premier league and hopefully, Euro Cup

awesome

Getting ready to start a new season after promotion. I made some very good transfers

Here's my line up:

GK: D. Livakovic, BPF, W. Huffer

DR: K. Ruegg, D. Diekmeier, L. Coyle

DC: P.Jansson, J. Mere, D. Boyata, L. Cooper

DL: L.Kurzawa, B. Douglas, T. Pearce

MC: A. Oxlade-Chamberlain, I. Chocev, K. Phillips, J. Shackleton

AMR: E. Lamela, X. Shaqiri, L. Markovic

AMC: S. Saiz, D. Suarez, Xadas, P. Morilla

AML: S. Gnabry, A. Marin, F. Trincao

ST: F. Arp, Munir, T. Roberts, J. Clarke

Edited by sherifelgendy87

1 hour ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

Getting ready to start a new season after promotion. I made some very good transfers

Here's my line up:

That team is looking good. You'll finish high up the league with it.

Here's my line up:

That’s a solid line-up. Good job getting Arp - how much did you pay? I was too late and he’s $illy now.

Is Lamela a loan or a transfer?

Season 21/22 _  Champions league winners.  Finished second on goal difference in EPL -   this is my last season on this save. Will re-start and see if I can have same sort of success.

image.thumb.png.81debb75359b9dceca5343e77a73cae9.png

This is the team :

image.thumb.png.52e6417a6d6db3a4c623ae88abae6811.png

6 hours ago, soldierblue123 said:

lewies history... the figue here is with all the add ons.  He played well enough for Newcastle to really want him. I kept negotiating.

image.thumb.png.1a8d9a9ae5fcfb4084bb4db742da209e.png

I feel like this is a bug haha

8 hours ago, DumbestGuyInTheRoom said:

That’s a solid line-up. Good job getting Arp - how much did you pay? I was too late and he’s $illy now.

Is Lamela a loan or a transfer?

All the players are permanent transfers except Shaqiri who is on load with an option to buy for 15m

The board gave me 50m to avoid relegation and then I sold Timo Horn to Tottenham for 30m, Nasri to Torino for 14m, Bamford to Fiorentina for 20m, Berardi to Cardiff for 12m, Anita, De Bock, Forshaw, Ideguchi for a total of another 10m

It was a lot of money and I started targeting transfer listed players. Lamela, Suarez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry and Kurzawa were all listed

Boyata, Markovic and Munir contracts were expired and came for free 

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

I feel like this is a bug haha

It's a bug that i didnt get the benefit of! Still, id rather have a good 4th choice RB than £30 million... not!

Very good results so far that led me to second position in my first season in the premier league

image.thumb.png.0d0f87dcd6eaf04d771e8feebf414dc0.png

Some disappointing performances from Mere, Shaqiri and Arp while super performances from Jansson, Kurzawa, Lamela, Marin and Munir

Hopefully, I have a european qualification spot by the end of the season

I can share my tactics if needed

4 hours ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

Berardi to Cardiff for 12m

WOW!!!

Amazing price for Berardi.Guess it's worth holding on to players till promotion if you can get there.;)

Very good results so far that led me to second position in my first season in the premier league

image.thumb.png.0d0f87dcd6eaf04d771e8feebf414dc0.png

Some disappointing performances from Mere, Shaqiri and Arp while super performances from Jansson, Kurzawa, Lamela, Marin and Munir

Hopefully, I have a european qualification spot by the end of the season

I can share my tactics if needed

Share away, would be good to see what can get you those results.

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

Share away, would be good to see what can get you those results.

image.thumb.png.5cc504f959fef0f6b870de667687167c.png

GK(D)

WB (A)     BPD (S) BPD (C)    WB (A)

DLP (D) BBM (S)

IF/W (S)   AP (S)    IF/W (S)

AF (A)

I train my players to adapt to these roles and duties

Always in attacking mentality. It paid off against big teams and when I'm losing in a match, I change it to very attacking and the all front 4 to attacking duty if needed

Specific player instructions include "Shoot Less Often" to all midfielders and attackers

Also, I scored loads of goals from corners so here's my strategy

image.thumb.png.b457717a96e6fac28d13bcd51d02b39c.png

It's the same for left and right sides. The AMC is always the taker as I want the maximum number of players inside the penalty area. I aim to play the ball in the 6 yard box

Last year, my two defenders scored a total of 23 goals from corners

4 hours ago, bulldogtimbo said:

WOW!!!

Amazing price for Berardi.Guess it's worth holding on to players till promotion if you can get there.;)

In my new game Berardi has gone to Burnely for 2.9 in the first transfer window, It is often best to hang on until gain promotion and their prices increase.

Like often i started a side save with Leeds always nostalgic of your champions league rune with the likes of Dacourt, Kewell, Harte..., this year's especially worth it as Marcelo Bielsa is doing great IRL, and i remember the thrilling games i had when he was in charge of Marseille

I started with transfer disabled and it's annoying that there is absolutely no cover for the CB spot, as a result i brought in the 31st of August KAMARA on loan from Marseille with a buyout clause of 5M€ that i will trigger for sure, i'm pretty sire you can get a lower fee

Antonio MARIN is joining us from Dinamo in January

Anyway halfway of this first season, we kind of performing pretty well, Bamford is solid upfront

ac9492cb0e6867ece91c80e3b496f569.png

The tactic i'm using

e660b6fdd592bcd0ba42b9c659b0332c.png

Really surprised by Kilch that i obviously did not know, lethal from outside the box

Promotion should not be an issue as i will try to improve the squad in January, i just hope that EPL money won't kill the fun and the struggle to get my way to the very top

4 hours ago, soldierblue123 said:

Tactics are 4-4-2 

image.thumb.png.bba2a617cfda69765762f96fcd0888cb.png

Can you upload the tactic somewhere and share (Maybe even upload to a post on here. Believe the files are small enough)?

I'd like to see if the same success can be had & a 442 formation is perfect to build a squad around. I'm currently using a 442 with the wide players pushed up to AML and AMR and doing really well. 

Edited by JJSaxton

Around halfway through the season and I'm struggling a lot, mostly for consistency.Table.thumb.PNG.8d1250705020393473bc2b79e915477b.PNG

11 Points off of an automatic spot and it'll probably get worse. Injuries left, right and center means I haven't been able to get a solid 11. The most annoying thing is, we do fine gaining points against anyone in the top half of the league, but seem to struggle against those in the bottom half. Is there anything anybody could suggest?

Tactics are normally as follows, though team selection is not accurate due to injuries.

Team.thumb.PNG.c70db2334a67b8841c5dc1d3dd357ae7.PNG

Team.PNG

Edited by TF

2 hours ago, TF said:

Around halfway through the season and I'm struggling a lot, mostly for consistency.Table.thumb.PNG.8d1250705020393473bc2b79e915477b.PNG

11 Points off of an automatic spot and it'll probably get worse. Injuries left, right and center means I haven't been able to get a solid 11. The most annoying thing is, we do fine gaining points against anyone in the top half of the league, but seem to struggle against those in the bottom half. Is there anything anybody could suggest?

Tactics are normally as follows, though team selection is not accurate due to injuries.

Team.thumb.PNG.c70db2334a67b8841c5dc1d3dd357ae7.PNG

Team.PNG

Due to your injuries you have a weakish team playing there.  If i were you, I would play philips or forshaw in front of the central back two. Drop alioski and harrison back into rm and Lm positions. Bring saiz into CM role and leave roberts as striker. Play a counter attacking style and make your team more solid.

5 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

Can you upload the tactic somewhere and share (Maybe even upload to a post on here. Believe the files are small enough)?

I'd like to see if the same success can be had & a 442 formation is perfect to build a squad around. I'm currently using a 442 with the wide players pushed up to AML and AMR and doing really well. 

This is the tactic

image.thumb.png.7238f985d0e07c10094b7ad193e670ec.png

Can never get Bamford going me ! in saying that he always seems to pick up injuries :)

2 hours ago, SouthernLeedsFan said:

Burnley just signed Doukara for £8.5m on my save, thought you'd all appreciate that one!!

IMG_20181111_163312.jpg

Poor mans Heskey!

59 minutes ago, soldierblue123 said:

Cheers, will give it a go when I get back on after work tonight. My centre back partnership of Shaunghnessy and Halme is playing surprisingly well, unfortunately Jansson picked up a lengthy injury around the same time. Cooper got a suspension for 10 yellow cards. 

Edited by TF

You know when FM gives you just a tiny moment of sheer joy? I've had mine for this year :D

Took a while to stop smiling at this one...

image.thumb.png.a252bf5b05b779da056cd54fcb377d09.png

6 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

Good to see you JJ

That's some tactic you've got @soldierblue123 well done.

43 minutes ago, macca72 said:

You know when FM gives you just a tiny moment of sheer joy? I've had mine for this year :D

Took a while to stop smiling at this one...

image.thumb.png.a252bf5b05b779da056cd54fcb377d09.png

joy. I would be smiling too.

2 hours ago, soldierblue123 said:

This is the tactic

image.thumb.png.7238f985d0e07c10094b7ad193e670ec.png

Any individual instructions? Going to set this up and use it as a slightly more defensive version of my own tactic.

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

Good to see you JJ

That's some tactic you've got @soldierblue123 well done.

Thought I'd post some screenshots from my save. Doing well and promotion is looking very likely. Tried to do my January business with that in mind, getting rid of s few fringe players and adding players who have the potential to be part of a premier League squad. Flint and Vokes on loan both have cheap purchase options but have mainly been brought in to provide depth to make sure promotion is achieved as been suffering from a lot of injuries recently. Just managed to extend Foden's loan until the end of next season for 6k a week which is a great deal in my opinion! Looking forward to the summer transfer window and building a team capable of competing in the premier League (hopefully!)

IMG_20181111_202934.jpg

IMG_20181111_202925.jpg

IMG_20181111_202912.jpg

IMG_20181111_202937.jpg

On 07/11/2018 at 13:47, Mardy said:

770919103_ScreenShot2018-11-10at14_00_55.thumb.png.a6703ab3a52c526b626822b23a2db83f.png

Finished the season top with Jansson as my top goal scorer, crazy!

Also, made 4 new signings ready for the prem. Barkley, Gomez and Bardhi look incredible in particular 

1781204554_ScreenShot2018-11-11at21_07_39.thumb.png.a8badacf1b019ac75bf14caf2ea5b238.png

2 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

Any individual instructions? Going to set this up and use it as a slightly more defensive version of my own tactic.

No individual instructions as such.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

770919103_ScreenShot2018-11-10at14_00_55.thumb.png.a6703ab3a52c526b626822b23a2db83f.png

Also, made 4 new signings ready for the prem. Barkley, Gomez and Bardhi look incredible in particular 

1781204554_ScreenShot2018-11-11at21_07_39.thumb.png.a8badacf1b019ac75bf14caf2ea5b238.png

Well done. And good signings for the next season. I got Barkley in second season January transfer window for 11.75m and he is worth it.

Chelsea are back with another bid of 37.5 million for Coyle.  If I negotiate up I can get more.  I also got offers from Arsenal 36 m and Liverpool 36.5m.  I can only put it down to the coming Brexit and the need for English players.

image.thumb.png.822decf8751c269a9cba330e92daf4ef.png

Edited by soldierblue123

6 hours ago, Mardy said:

What instructions do you have set up for set pieces (this is one thing I hardly mess about with) to rack up that many goals? I’m top atm with 20 to go and am confident I’ll win the league but in the PL some goals from set pieces could be crucial. 

On a site note - I’m in mid Jan and Kalvin Phillips has 15 goals in all comps including a hat-trick against QPR (all from out the box) and and a brace of worldies at Bramall Lane. Deservedly given him a small pay wise with two more years and he’s now worth £12m! BBM with Kilch as a DLP. 

Season 2 2019/20

Leeds mixed season.  6th in EPL (2 more points and would have been in champions league..  Runners up in three competitions.   won the league cup.

image.thumb.png.df0d3b13ee28eeba36aa6f291beeccc2.png

image.thumb.png.14f76e0fb2b8e324c600a5ef51656868.png

image.thumb.png.4823185606629e7edd5826da892e50c2.png

Transfers in and out.

image.thumb.png.27f1a8b99235fb7c7fe1ef710251504d.png

Well this first season had been a long quiet way to the Prem

dd3ddb9eadd5d3eb0e9da823a557b67b.png

Bamford is my top scorer in the league banging 27 + 12 assists in 45 games

Already made some business for the Prem, can't wait to shift my deadwood coming back from loan !

3 hours ago, tobybilton1 said:

What instructions do you have set up for set pieces (this is one thing I hardly mess about with) to rack up that many goals? I’m top atm with 20 to go and am confident I’ll win the league but in the PL some goals from set pieces could be crucial. 

On a site note - I’m in mid Jan and Kalvin Phillips has 15 goals in all comps including a hat-trick against QPR (all from out the box) and and a brace of worldies at Bramall Lane. Deservedly given him a small pay wise with two more years and he’s now worth £12m! BBM with Kilch as a DLP. 

Corners I have aim at far post, with Jansson attacking the far post, with my striker standing on far post for any rebounds. 

For throws I have them set to long as my taker has long throw trait. I have both my centre backs forward for them, with my next 3 most defensive players staying back

Free kicks I have my centre backs forward, with free kicks being aimed at best header

Edited by Mardy

In first season I bought Joel Pohjanpalo for 2.4m in the January transfer window.Only early days for him but 5 goals in 3 games is a promising start.

1033982266_JoelPohjanpalo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.1eab3b40e637c5967dc78fcba82eae70.png