Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
DavidCM

Assistant Tactical Advice

Apologies if I have missed this feature in the game or if I am repeating a question/discussion elsewhere. 

Is it possible before each match to ask a member of staff (e.g. Assistant Manager) to suggest a tactical style (e.g. gegenpress) in addition to a formation (e.g. 4-4-2), and roles/duties? 

I have identified where to get suggestions about roles and duties, and there seems to be a suggested formation at the bottom of the drop down menu when selecting formation - but I haven't noticed where (if it is possible) I can ask staff for advice on tactical style. 

Any advice welcome. 

Thanks. 

Edited by DavidCM

They give you a briefing with a whole list of things they suggest before the game. 

Usually it results in you changing your whole tactic though. 

I usually ignore the advice as I like to play my style and won't change it for the opposition sake. 

But it is there. It comes a day or 2 before the match. I think if you go into the tactics page you will also see the suggestions on the top right side with yellow numbers. They give you the same advice what they would change - cautious and not positive. 4141 and not 4231. Remove shorter passing etc. 

I think I know what you are referring to, but I think I have only had advice about edits to the tactical style I have already selected.  

I'll recheck, but I don't think I have had any suggestions about formation or tactical style (e.g. "suggest you change to gegenpress in your next match").