Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Football Manager 2019 Touch In-Game Editor  

80 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think that SEGA should implement an in-game editor on FMT 2019 that allows the player to manipulate the details of all the components of football from the players to the tournaments?



Recommended Posts

Do you think that SEGA should implement an in-game editor on FMT 2019 that allows the player to manipulate the details of all the components of football from the players to the tournaments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely, no question about it. 

The thing is with the editor it opens up so many more opportunities for people who perhaps don't have as much time as others to spend on the game, but would love to try a really low league or custom database. It's also perfect for network games, I play a lot with friends and the touch version of network games is so much easier and less time waiting because essentially there is less to do. I have been asking for this for a while, and this is the year they should finally implement it - it adds so much to the game in terms of opportunities with jobs, players etc etc. As a blogger it's really hard to write about my save as well as play the game and have time to condense all the information in to shorter segments. This, again, would really be the step in the right direction.

I know a lot of people, myself included who find the full game a little overwhelming but have always dreamed of managing from the lowest reputation clubs and building a brand. Not to forget Hashtag United, a lot of people would like to do a save with them but in the games current state this is physically impossible. Adding this would allow players to really dive deep in to saves, but also have time to play the game.

Just off the top of my head, I don't think the pre-game editor would be accessible for tablets, and other devices aside from computer as I really wouldn't know how the database could be transferred. This is the only negative for me.

EDIT: My opinion is purely based on the pre-game editor, not the in-game editor.

Edited by RyanBrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in favor of all editors. Pre-Editor, as well In-game editor. So I voted yes for both.

Oh... the answer instead of yes, it should be "H*LL YES! That is no brainer!" :P

Edited by grade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Couldn’t give a fcuk about an editor 

That's not very nice :herman:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

Absolutely, no question about it. 

The thing is with the editor it opens up so many more opportunities for people who perhaps don't have as much time as others to spend on the game, but would love to try a really low league or custom database. It's also perfect for network games, I play a lot with friends and the touch version of network games is so much easier and less time waiting because essentially there is less to do. I have been asking for this for a while, and this is the year they should finally implement it - it adds so much to the game in terms of opportunities with jobs, players etc etc. As a blogger it's really hard to write about my save as well as play the game and have time to condense all the information in to shorter segments. This, again, would really be the step in the right direction.

I know a lot of people, myself included who find the full game a little overwhelming but have always dreamed of managing from the lowest reputation clubs and building a brand. Not to forget Hashtag United, a lot of people would like to do a save with them but in the games current state this is physically impossible. Adding this would allow players to really dive deep in to saves, but also have time to play the game.

Just off the top of my head, I don't think the pre-game editor would be accessible for tablets, and other devices aside from computer as I really wouldn't know how the database could be transferred. This is the only negative for me.

EDIT: My opinion is purely based on the pre-game editor, not the in-game editor.

Have you started to share this with your friends yet, I would like to have over 100 people participate in this poll! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An editor actually makes more sense for Touch on PC than the obese version of the game.  Given that you can quickly play through a lot of matches Touch is perfect for experimenting with custom leagues. But not without an editor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rp1966 said:

An editor actually makes more sense for Touch on PC than the obese version of the game.  Given that you can quickly play through a lot of matches Touch is perfect for experimenting with custom leagues. But not without an editor

Would you also support an in-game editor for the tablet edition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thescouser20 said:

Would you also support an in-game editor for the tablet edition?

In theory, yes. But for tablets there's an issue of lack of resources compared to a PC, but should still be possible - an editor shouldn't really be more resource hungry than the game itself if it was sensibly implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rp1966 said:

In theory, yes. But for tablets there's an issue of lack of resources compared to a PC, but should still be possible - an editor shouldn't really be more resource hungry than the game itself if it was sensibly implemented.

Considering that there is an in-game editor available in the mobile version and that much of the data available on the full version is available on the touch version, the in-game editor for touch should allow players to manipulate all the statistics and data of players, staff, managers, stadiums, and fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thescouser20 said:

Lads, let's try and get this to a 100 votes. We've done well so far but we still have a long way to go!

Maybe, changing the title of the thread, might help bringing more people to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2018 at 13:50, RyanBrown said:

That's not very nice :herman:

Just taking part in the poll my man. Not in a very constructive way I must admit but hey ho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely yes

insert an editor for fmt (desktop and tablet edition).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issues with an editor poll but I think it (pre-game) is unlikely in the near future. 

In-Game Editor might be more of a possibility, I'm not sure, but would have to keep current unlockables in mind. 

There's no guarantees that one is coming though unfortunately.

It would also be good to get ideas of what you want to edit, to give more feedback and feature idea suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely yes.

Theres no logical reason for the absence of an editor in FMT, except of course some technical reasons that only SI could know.

There are editors in both FMM and FM, and all with the same purpose: give the users the possibilty to edit their game. The same should be allowed for FMT players.

The thing is, if i understand from reading others threads, while the editors in FM and FMM were more easy to implement because FM and FMM are games thar run in a single platform (FM on PC and FMM on mobile phones), with FMT we have this particularity of having a game that should be played in 4 different platforms (PC, Android, IOS and Switch). So creating a editor that can create files, for saves that should run in differents platforms could be very tricky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I have no issues with an editor poll but I think it (pre-game) is unlikely in the near future. 

In-Game Editor might be more of a possibility, I'm not sure, but would have to keep current unlockables in mind. 

There's no guarantees that one is coming though unfortunately.

It would also be good to get ideas of what you want to edit, to give more feedback and feature idea suggestions.

For me the editor it would be for the more basic stuff: changing teams and competitions names, change kit's colors, players attributes and so on.

I wouldn' care much for a editor that allow creating new leagues or competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

except of course some technical reasons that only SI could know.

Currently that is an obstacle I'm aware of. Certainly for Pre-Game Editor. 

FM & FMM are very different games (different projects entirely), so there might also be challenges for in-game editing on Tablets. FM's a massively different beast to FMM.

I do know that ideally, the game on Tablet and PC are as close together as possible in terms of features to promote the cross play aspect

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Currently that is an obstacle I'm aware of. Certainly for Pre-Game Editor. 

FM & FMM are very different games (different projects entirely), so there might also be challenges for in-game editing on Tablets. FM's a massively different beast to FMM.

I do know that ideally, the game on Tablet and PC are as close together as possible in terms of features to promote the cross play aspect

 

I could be wrong but the cross-save features is something that is always mention when the subject is related with trying to implement new features in FMT.

It seems that, atm, is something that is delaying/difficulting the evolution of the game.

Perhaps, could make some sense, making some kind of poll to know if FMT players actually use the cross-save feature, or if they simply play the game always in the same platform.

Edited by Keyzer Soze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Perhaps, could make some sense, making some kind of poll to know if FMT players actually use the cross-save feature, or if they simply play the game always in the same platform.

SI will have their own metrics which will be much more reliable than a forum poll, and their own strategy for long term development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Currently that is an obstacle I'm aware of. Certainly for Pre-Game Editor. 

FM & FMM are very different games (different projects entirely), so there might also be challenges for in-game editing on Tablets. FM's a massively different beast to FMM.

I do know that ideally, the game on Tablet and PC are as close together as possible in terms of features to promote the cross play aspect

 

The decision of making PC and Tablet FMT has close together as possible, but I wonder about one thing. The tablet version has limit of 3 nation (due to technological limitations) and desktop early had the same limitations. But later it was added an option to remove those limitations for desktop version (with a warning that a cross-save is no possible). Why can an editor have the same warning, that if you use edit databases from editor, the cross-save will be disabled?

Edited by grade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grade said:

Why can an editor have the same warning, that if you use edit databases from editor, the cross-save will be disabled?

The database and how it works with Touch is the reason. Plus the fact the editor contains a bunch of stuff not relevant to Touch. 

Dunno how many times I can keep explaining this :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The database and how it works with Touch is the reason. Plus the fact the editor contains a bunch of stuff not relevant to Touch

Dunno how many times I can keep explaining this :D 

i think @gradewas talking about a new editor for FMT, not using the existing one from the full fat version.

Edit: you must bare in mind that we are only nagging you because the games is not released yet. Once is out, youl'' have some peace! :D

Edited by Keyzer Soze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

i think @gradewas talking about a new editor for FMT, not using the existing one from the full fat version.

Edit: you must bare in mind that we are only nagging you because the games is not released yet. Once is out, youl'' have some peace! :D

I've been nagged for years :D Used to it by now... It seems even not working for SI I can't escape your wrath :brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I've been nagged for years :D Used to it by now... It seems even not working for SI I can't escape your wrath :brock:

When I talk about the editor I mean an FMT editor. of course the perfect world would be use the same tool to edit different databases. But only people SI can access if that can be done. I want an editor for FMT, for the Desktop (which is where  I play, but also i'm favour for the tablet as well), don't really care if it using the existing one or a new one exclusively fro FMT.

What I'm saying is, if we can deactivate for desktop version the 3 limit nations and we have a warning about cross save deactivation, why can't we use that same warning for the edit databases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grade said:

What I'm saying is, if we can deactivate for desktop version the 3 limit nations and we have a warning about cross save deactivation, why can't we use that same warning for the edit databases?

It's not that simple I'm afraid :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's not that simple I'm afraid :( 

I guess it is. I would love to hear more thoughts on it, but I doubt SI will do that.

At least we got you, Lucas. You messed up by selling Star Wars to Disney, but I like you are compensating that by helping out on the forums. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grade said:

I guess it is. I would love to hear more thoughts on it, but I doubt SI will do that.

At least we got you, Lucas. You messed up by selling Star Wars to Disney, but I like you are compensating that by helping out on the forums. :P

Well as we pointed out, certain things you can't do, and possibly a different editor would be needed, so it's no small simple thing like adding a warning sadly.

Not really sure there is much more SI can add to it at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Nope, absolutely no need for an editor in the Classic version of the game. 

 

That my friend is where I believe you to be wrong.

If someone wants to manage a created club at level 10 in England for example but want a more streamlined version of it, why shouldn't they be allowed to? You don't realise how much time the full game takes up in comparison to touch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I have no issues with an editor poll but I think it (pre-game) is unlikely in the near future. 

In-Game Editor might be more of a possibility, I'm not sure, but would have to keep current unlockables in mind. 

There's no guarantees that one is coming though unfortunately.

It would also be good to get ideas of what you want to edit, to give more feedback and feature idea suggestions.

Why is this not possible in the near future, if both games use the same database? Not technically gifted myself to understand it all, but surely if you are on PC it would be easier to implement then if you were on a tablet.  

Just think logically it should be an option, and myself, like others are unified in agreement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RyanBrown said:

Why is this not possible in the near future, if both games use the same database? Not technically gifted myself to understand it all, but surely if you are on PC it would be easier to implement then if you were on a tablet.  

Just think logically it should be an option, and myself, like others are unified in agreement. 

They don’t use the same database. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucas said:

They don’t use the same database. 

Oh? That's odd, I thought they were universally the same? If so, wouldn't some players attributes be different to others on the full game. Not sure why there's different databases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RyanBrown said:

Oh? That's odd, I thought they were universally the same? If so, wouldn't some players attributes be different to others on the full game. Not sure why there's different databases.

The FMT database is smaller than FMs. Essentially all the players that couldn’t get loaded into a “small” database option, and some others (where clubs are too large), are not in the FMT database. 

Competition Rules are different too, obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucas said:

The FMT database is smaller than FMs. Essentially all the players that couldn’t get loaded into a “small” database option, and some others (where clubs are too large), are not in the FMT database. 

Competition Rules are different too, obviously. 

Ah okay, got you. Now it is starting to make sense. I noticed the competition rules were different last night whilst playing in the MLS, as there's no DP and other various roles. 

Focusing on Create-a-club, I have never done this. But would there ever be an option where you can do an online save, with two created clubs via touch as that's kind of what me and my friends are wanting to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RyanBrown said:

Ah okay, got you. Now it is starting to make sense. I noticed the competition rules were different last night whilst playing in the MLS, as there's no DP and other various roles. 

Focusing on Create-a-club, I have never done this. But would there ever be an option where you can do an online save, with two created clubs via touch as that's kind of what me and my friends are wanting to do. 

Closest thing you could do would be to create Versus Competition up to 20 teams or whatever and use your created sides there. 

You could create the clubs in CAC mode, or the FM editor then Export Team for Versus Mode. You can’t export teams from Fantasy Draft as I recall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucas said:

Closest thing you could do would be to create Versus Competition up to 20 teams or whatever and use your created sides there. 

You could create the clubs in CAC mode, or the FM editor then Export Team for Versus Mode. You can’t export teams from Fantasy Draft as I recall. 

Ah that's not really suitable for what we want to do. I guess we will just stick to the main game and create a club through the editor.

Thank you for your help and clarity regarding FM Touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RyanBrown said:

Ah that's not really suitable for what we want to do. I guess we will just stick to the main game and create a club through the editor.

Thank you for your help and clarity regarding FM Touch.

Until the glorious day comes (the release of FMT editor), we have to stick to the main game. Guess the AI will have to work hard on my game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grade said:

Until the glorious day comes (the release of FMT editor), we have to stick to the main game. Guess the AI will have to work hard on my game.

It is a shame, but completely understandable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

That my friend is where I believe you to be wrong.

If someone wants to manage a created club at level 10 in England for example but want a more streamlined version of it, why shouldn't they be allowed to? You don't realise how much time the full game takes up in comparison to touch. 

I agree with the no editor policy.
 

Why shouldn't they be allowed to?  I have no concerns if people can do it - but I'm aware all game development has choices to be made in regards to what features are worked on.  If creating an editor will take as much effort as it sounds, then I'd rather than effort was focused on making the game of FMT better.

I realise how much time the full game takes up.  That's why I haven't played it in something like 5 years, and never will again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, why FM has an editor and FMT not ?

I would start from this answer to know why FMT doesn’t have it.

btw, the editor might help in case of beta bugs, it is not intended for cheating or for custom challenges only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covered this already I don’t see what answering it again is going to prove if the same questions are going to be asked ad nauseum and the responses ignored. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Question, why FM has an editor and FMT not ?

I would start from this answer to know why FMT doesn’t have it.

btw, the editor might help in case of beta bugs, it is not intended for cheating or for custom challenges only

Well, if we think that way then we have a long way ahead of us before getting the editor. It took so many years to have the editor for FM version.

I think the problem is that it's much harder to implement the editor in FMT that was in FM. Perhaps because of DLC's that we have in the touch version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Well, if we think that way then we have a long way ahead of us before getting the editor. It took so many years to have the editor for FM version.

I think the problem is that it's much harder to implement the editor in FMT that was in FM. Perhaps because of DLC's that we have in the touch version

Perhaps the number of people that play FMT compared to FM, makes the FMT editor at this point, unviable. I mean creating an editor as its costs, plus adding the technical restrictions of the tablets/ipads are strong restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo that’s a marketing choice.

just like some cars have their power reduced by electronic settings on purpose because they are sold with lower prices. That’s quite a common strategy in noways car marketing.

same here, the editor is not sold in bundle because FMT is the dumb guy if compared to FM full edition and it must remain like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Well, if we think that way then we have a long way ahead of us before getting the editor. It took so many years to have the editor for FM version.

I think the problem is that it's much harder to implement the editor in FMT that was in FM. Perhaps because of DLC's that we have in the touch version

If we can have an in-game editor for FM Mobile, then we can surely get one for FMT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...