Brexit in FM19

Hello everyone

Not looking to incite a riot, just wanted to create a thread so that people can talk about Brexit and how it has happened in their save.

If I could just confirm a few details with folks:

I got the 1st message saying that the UK is leaving the EU on 26.09.18, is that the same for everyone?

I then got a further message on 26.10.18, giving me the detail of what type of brexit will be applied. Is that the same for everyone too?

On previous versions of the game, I believe that brexit details were also confirmed on 26th October, but the year was random. You used to be able to save on the 25th, then keep reloading until brexit didn't trigger that year. You could, in effect, delay brexit indefinitely doing this. Has anyone had any joy doing it on this version? I've tried reloading a fair few times and always get that same message on 26.10.18.

Cheers people!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/10/2018 at 18:41, Jibby123 said:

There were workarounds on Steam Workshop last year which took the event out. Just carried on as is at present in Britain. Hopefully this year as well for me.

Yeah I’m hoping we get a patch via Steam or a fan site that takes out the Brexit option.

10 minutes ago, r_amanze said:

Yeah I’m hoping we get a patch via Steam or a fan site that takes out the Brexit option.

Do you need to start a new game to remove the brexit option? I am currently not starting a new game due to brexit, I thought there was an option within the editor to get this switched off?

If I begin a game, is it possible to switch off brexit in the save?

18 hours ago, bboy said:

Do you need to start a new game to remove the brexit option? I am currently not starting a new game due to brexit, I thought there was an option within the editor to get this switched off?

If I begin a game, is it possible to switch off brexit in the save?

Fairly sure that the 'No Brexit' option has to be chosen before a new save starts. Like you I am waiting until the patch is created before starting a long-term save. Hoping to see something online to download on Nov 2nd.

28 minutes ago, r_amanze said:

Fairly sure that the 'No Brexit' option has to be chosen before a new save starts. Like you I am waiting until the patch is created before starting a long-term save. Hoping to see something online to download on Nov 2nd.

Thanks for the information. Really want to start a save now

qcdDJMB.png

Just had this happen randomly. Guess no brexit for me!

12 hours ago, ValgardWillRuleEurope said:

Will Nexit be modelled in game? (the Norwegian exit from the EFTA)

Is that even being discussed at the moment?

My first career had a hard Brexit hit right after the first season. Was lucky I'd signed a couple of players to contracts ahead of time. Work permits hard to come by for a newly promoted PL side unable to tempt international superstars.

15 hours ago, Saintmat said:

Is there anyway of finding out which Brexit scenario occurred if you are not managing in England? I have been experimenting with some holidaying and it doesn't not appear to have notified me of the outcome while unemployed.

Thanks in advance!

If you have the English leagues turned on then they should be listed in the rules tab under the League Table Screen, if not I don't think you can as you don't normally have access to the league rules if the leagues aren't running, you might be able to check from England page to see if they are still listed in the EU or not but I think that's all you'd be able to see.

4 minutes ago, ValgardWillRuleEurope said:

Yeah, me and my dad think it'd be fun.

So you guys are thinking about it and that is enough for it to be included in the game?

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

So you guys are thinking about it and that is enough for it to be included in the game?

I believe he meant that they both think it would be fun if Nexit actually do happen but nonetheless, it apparently is being discussed to see if it should happen so obviously that wouldnt be enough to be included in the game. 

Although before that, I wasnt aware Nexit could potentially happen, I will be watching closely to see what happen 

37 minutes ago, jkadms said:

Mine had a rule where foreign players had to earn over 8,000 p/w in order to get a work permit. completely killed any sort of llm 

Sounds perfect for a prem team. I got the 17 player limit and work permit system. Pretty standard.

16 minutes ago, SeaCarrot said:

Sounds perfect for a prem team. I got the 17 player limit and work permit system. Pretty standard.

Yeah and people often are mad about BREXIT and want it out, like it something that SI invented to annoy FM Players with.... a lot of them seem to forget that it's just a reflection of reality, that BREXIT will (probably) happen IRL and SI just included a couple of possible outcomes (with the ones most likely at the moment of coding the highest chance to be the selected scenario ingame)

I wonder if people in a few years will ask for a checkbox to remove BREXIT from real life :idiot: or if they will be mad that FM will include the real life outcome of the BREXIT in future versions "I know brexit is a thing, but I want FM to act like it never happened so I can sign all the players I want, not have the limitations english clubs have in real life"

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

On 20/10/2018 at 14:29, Kenzo said:

My Brexit was that there is a limit of 17 foreign players, and players earning over 8000 pounds can play in the first team league games (prem)

Exactly the same as the Brexit I got in my save.

I played a lot in Norway last FM and there's a very strict registration limit on foreigners there, even in the top division.   Should that be removed too?

The £8,000 pw limit is pretty sensible I think as that means first teamers in the top two divisions are largely unaffected and its only further down where you're going to be affected.  But that's quite realistic - Exeter City whom I follow have a first team squad entirely of British and Irish players.  This seems to be the case elsewhere in League Two with a small example of foreign players whom have been in England for years as it is. 

It's not like teams are signing 11 Portuguese players for 5 grand each as is common in earlier FMs.

Edited by Crispypaul

11 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Yeah and people often are mad about BREXIT and want it out, like it something that SI invented to annoy FM Players with.... a lot of them seem to forget that it's just a reflection of reality, that BREXIT will (probably) happen IRL and SI just included a couple of possible outcomes (with the ones most likely at the moment of coding the highest chance to be the selected scenario ingame)

I wonder if people in a few years will ask for a checkbox to remove BREXIT from real life :idiot: or if they will be mad that FM will include the real life outcome of the BREXIT in future versions "I know brexit is a thing, but I want FM to act like it never happened so I can sign all the players I want, not have the limitations english clubs have in real life"

To be fair it hasn't happened yet so nobody knows the impact, so I take it out.

When it's all sorted out irl (don't laugh!!), then happy to take in to game whatever is 'sorted' as reality.

That's just me though. You pay the money, play the game how you like.

6 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

To be fair it hasn't happened yet so nobody knows the impact, so I take it out.

When it's all sorted out irl (don't laugh!!), then happy to take in to game whatever is 'sorted' as reality.

That's just me though. You pay the money, play the game how you like.

I believe it has it's place in a simulation game, just like the elections of  which country will host the world cup in 2034 we know there will be a world cup, we just don't know in what country, so the game simulates the process of selecting a country and giving you a news item about it. I love this with Brexit to, we know it will happen (or not, like in game is also a possible outcome) and the game simulates it...

They could go even further and make other countries quit EU, and new ones join.
They could include countries being acknowledged by FIFA who are not in future seasons, ...
they could include scandals breaking out where teams cease to exist ...
they could include competition formulas changing, where the number of teams in a league is suddenly changed or relegation/promotion is no longer possible

That would all be acceptable as part of a simulation game, and from all those scenario's, brexit is by far one of the most acceptable to be in it at this point in time

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

48 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I believe it has it's place in a simulation game, just like the elections of  which country will host the world cup in 2034 we know there will be a world cup, we just don't know in what country, so the game simulates the process of selecting a country and giving you a news item about it. I love this with Brexit to, we know it will happen (or not, like in game is also a possible outcome) and the game simulates it...

They could include countries being acknowledged by FIFA who are not in future seasons, ...
they could include competition formulas changing, where the number of teams in a league is suddenly changed or relegation/promotion is no longer possible

That would all be acceptable as part of a simulation game, and from all those scenario's, brexit is by far one of the most acceptable to be in it at this point in time

Fair do's. We all want and enjoy slightly different parts of game, don't enjoy others. Each to their own. :thup:

hace 9 horas, DavyDepuydt1 dijo:

gotta love how argentina's premier league just got like 3 or 4 changes in format in this 2 decades, i gotta say that this could make the game more interesting, like the EFL suddenly changing the format of the EFL cup or that only british goalkeepers can play in the  leagues, or a limit like serie A, and that those rules change in a 5-10 year basis to make long term saves more lively and less "more of the same"

Is anybody having issues with Loans post brexit? I am a championship club (Forest) and can't seem to get work permits for players who are paid below 8k, but can't obviously get them up to 8k because of their basic wage,

is this just life now? or is this an issue?

1 hour ago, t-zolla said:

Is anybody having issues with Loans post brexit? I am a championship club (Forest) and can't seem to get work permits for players who are paid below 8k, but can't obviously get them up to 8k because of their basic wage,

is this just life now? or is this an issue?

Exactly the same for me. Wanted to extend Carles Alena's loan after season 1, did not get wp. Activated his release clause and am paying him 80k and everything is fine.

4 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

Exactly the same for me. Wanted to extend Carles Alena's loan after season 1, did not get wp. Activated his release clause and am paying him 80k and everything is fine.

yeah, that's my exact issue, I extended the 3 loans of Janko, Dias and Goncalves (sp) all 3 were on below 8k and were with me last season, so couldn't get wp's but I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the confirm transfer screen.  I also loaned a CB from Brighton, he is Norwegian and earns about 1k a week, he did get a wp but I can't register him as a player in the championship so have had to leave him out. 

1 minute ago, t-zolla said:

yeah, that's my exact issue, I extended the 3 loans of Janko, Dias and Goncalves (sp) all 3 were on below 8k and were with me last season, so couldn't get wp's but I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the confirm transfer screen.  I also loaned a CB from Brighton, he is Norwegian and earns about 1k a week, he did get a wp but I can't register him as a player in the championship so have had to leave him out. 

The problem is that if it's a loan the game shouldn't allow you to loan him and should just cancel it. In and of itself the wp is not an issue, but the game letting you loan him in spite of not being able to effectively play him (and later not letting me terminate the loan) is an issue.

On 24/10/2018 at 13:08, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you have the English leagues turned on then they should be listed in the rules tab under the League Table Screen, if not I don't think you can as you don't normally have access to the league rules if the leagues aren't running, you might be able to check from England page to see if they are still listed in the EU or not but I think that's all you'd be able to see.

Thanks for the response.

Have England running and my holiday manager is English so was hoping it would inbox me automatically. I looked on both those tabs, but again it wasn't terribly clear. England are still listed as being in the European Union. If Brexit is fulfilled in-game, does this change? Could be something to make clearer in the league rules section for those who come to England later on in their career.

3 hours ago, Saintmat said:

Thanks for the response.

Have England running and my holiday manager is English so was hoping it would inbox me automatically. I looked on both those tabs, but again it wasn't terribly clear. England are still listed as being in the European Union. If Brexit is fulfilled in-game, does this change? Could be something to make clearer in the league rules section for those who come to England later on in their career.

If they are still listed as part of the EU then it looks like Brexit might not have gone through yet, I haven't got their in FM19, but FM18 included the Brexit details right at the bottom and I shouldn't think it would be removed in FM19:

brexit18.thumb.jpg.1ef05d21a082af68fde3cb3e2b5bc814.jpg

Just got my Brexit ruling in my Rangers save and it seems... save ending.

17 foreigner cap.

Minimum of £34,666 p/m wage to be eligible for WP to play in 1st team matches.

Minimum of £13,000 p/m wage for under 23's for WP to play in youth/cup games.

On the one hand that proves an interesting challenge, but the youth restriction in particular seems obscene.

Edited by DougyMarshall

Doesn't seem that bad.

What might happen is that foreigners on longer term contracts might go for Citizenship to help with the foreigner cap, and bringing in u23s for 3-5k per week isn't outrageous either.

Yeah maybe, i just hate paying that much in the SPL for youngsters i want to snatch up.

To be honest i was saying this before i paid close attention to the wages a lot of my loan players are on and well... lets just say my wage expenditure is going to be halved if not more in the summer.

It's my first time managing outside of the UK for a while (escpecially since brexit was a thing!) so I apologise if this has been discussed already.

I was wondering if anyone has thought of other aspects of UK leaving the EU? Do clubs in mainland Europe need work permits to sign British players?  

I guess this would fall under usual rules regarding international caps etc.  with the addition of wage criteria mentioned above?

I'm going to wait until the full release before starting my long term save, so I can edit it out. I'm one of those people who doesn't think it should be in the game until it's finalised, or at least have the option to turn it off. When the rule changes happen I will accept it, but these random events that significantly impact the flow of the game do not do it for me at all, it's an irritant and a detractor. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, kipper said:

It's my first time managing outside of the UK for a while (escpecially since brexit was a thing!) so I apologise if this has been discussed already.

I was wondering if anyone has thought of other aspects of UK leaving the EU? Do clubs in mainland Europe need work permits to sign British players?  

I guess this would fall under usual rules regarding international caps etc.  with the addition of wage criteria mentioned above?

It's treated exactly the same as signing any other non eu player for whichever country you're managing in.

Has anyone else not had a message at all about Brexit? I am managing Rotherham in the Championship and approaching the end of November 2018. After seeing this thread I realised I had not seen anything about Brexit and everyone else seems to get their message about Brexit on the 26th October. I loaded up an old auto save that was from slightly after that and went back through all my messages from October and I have definitely not had anything about it. Could this be a bug? I'm not actually sure what to do now. I'm concerned it may cause me issues in the future if I sign certain players

56 minutes ago, Baggie23 said:

Has anyone else not had a message at all about Brexit? I am managing Rotherham in the Championship and approaching the end of November 2018. After seeing this thread I realised I had not seen anything about Brexit and everyone else seems to get their message about Brexit on the 26th October. I loaded up an old auto save that was from slightly after that and went back through all my messages from October and I have definitely not had anything about it. Could this be a bug? I'm not actually sure what to do now. I'm concerned it may cause me issues in the future if I sign certain players

I finished the first season without seeing any news about it.

On 20/10/2018 at 14:47, chucklehead said:

Right, just had Brexit not trigger on 26.10.18. Had to reload quite a few times, so the odds of it not triggering are probably quite low, but it does seem possible

So it is possible to not have Brexit!?? how many times did it take you to have a 'not leaving EU' ? I've saved my game just before the 26th and will keep reloading until a No Brexit comes up! just making sure that it is possible and not wasting my time!??

58 minutes ago, NWillz said:

So it is possible to not have Brexit!?? how many times did it take you to have a 'not leaving EU' ? I've saved my game just before the 26th and will keep reloading until a No Brexit comes up! just making sure that it is possible and not wasting my time!??

The outcome is decided as soon as you start a new game. It's not the matter of reloading until you finally have the one you prefer. 

On 25/10/2018 at 21:46, DougyMarshall said:

Just got my Brexit ruling in my Rangers save and it seems... save ending.

17 foreigner cap.

Minimum of £34,666 p/m wage to be eligible for WP to play in 1st team matches.

Minimum of £13,000 p/m wage for under 23's for WP to play in youth/cup games.

On the one hand that proves an interesting challenge, but the youth restriction in particular seems obscene.

£35k for the SPL seems excessive - could be worth posting that in the bug forum. 

19 hours ago, NWillz said:

You can essentially delay it indefinitely if you're happy with saving/reloading, although I haven't tried that since the official release went live.

Save your game on the 24th October, then play on. If you get to the 27th with no email about Brexit, you're good until the next year. If you do get the email, reload. I'm sure some folks would consider that cheating, but I can't see the harm.

I played about 18 months into my save during the beta. I did have to reload a number of times (30+?) to not get the message, but it is possible if you're patient

13 hours ago, chucklehead said:

You can essentially delay it indefinitely if you're happy with saving/reloading, although I haven't tried that since the official release went live.

Save your game on the 24th October, then play on. If you get to the 27th with no email about Brexit, you're good until the next year. If you do get the email, reload. I'm sure some folks would consider that cheating, but I can't see the harm.

I played about 18 months into my save during the beta. I did have to reload a number of times (30+?) to not get the message, but it is possible if you're patient

Im confused, I thought it was hard coded from the beginning so its not a matter of saving then reloading on the 26th.