[FM19] Grasping the Thistle: Hamish Returns

forameuss

First few posts up, trying a slightly new style, basically one where I can write everything in word, format things slightly differently, and then not have to write long posts into two places.  Also means I don't spend my entire life copying things from imgur, which I used to do for career threads.  May well change back at a later date, but will stick with this for now unless anyone finds it utterly abhorrent.

Also, given I'm going to be heavily roleplaying as Hamish (because I'm him, obvz), I'll break the 4th wall in posts like this rather than in the main narrative.  My aim for this entire save is to try and build a story.  Sounds obvious, but I've always kind of toyed with the idea of doing some proper writing, weaving a story around it, but basically letting the game drive the narrative.  So I could have a long-term plan that Hamish is going to find an enemy in this first season, then follow him up the ranks until they have a tear-up on the Nou Camp pitch in the Champions League final, but obviously I can't plan that.  So I'll be using what happens in game as a base, and filling in a lot of absolute nonsense around it.  It may end up being utterly boring, and I'll just get sacked everywhere, ending up in a squalid bedsit in Maryhill with some heroin, but who knows, maybe it'll actually work.

Also, I do want this to be a multi-manager tale in a similar vein to my previous threads.  That'll also tie in to the whole story aspect, with each "book" in the story being directly influenced by the previous.  

Lofty expectations, I know, but hopefully it'll do something to keep me interested in the save as long as possible, and hopefully keep all of you interested too.

EDIT: And of course, I'll be forever looking out for the new Peter Dailly.  Obviously.

Oh, and one more thing.  If anyone would like to understand the origins of Hamish but hasn't read the story, first, where have you been?  Who do you think you are?  And do you really think you can pull that here?  Get out.  It's over.  If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.  YOLO.  Blessed.  Etc etc.

But anyway, here's the thread.  It's a ripping good yarn.  Won thread of the year in the FMCU Awards dontchaknow.

Dunno what you're on about with the away end, I love Partick away, so much so that I've said I'll go with a Dunfermline supporting mate when they visit you in December! Love the layout of this, stands out in a nice, clean way. Best of luck.

Nice, a Thistle save :)

I am still playing a save with them in FM17, 5 seasons in, still fun as hell (managed 2 scottish cup wins and 1 league during that time)!

Keep it up! Hope you can do even better!

And: Erskine is a real good player!

• 2 weeks later...

One update still queued to go out, but I think this particular save may go on hold for a little while.  I'm not the young man I used to be that could play hours and hours of FM, particularly when the games aren't grabbing me as they once did.  So I've decided to put this on hiatus, and go back to an old favourite.  I'll be back with that in a few days...

EDIT: And given I said one update still to go, I'll put that up before I leave this one, hopefully I can come back to it at some point when I'm getting more time.

Archived