Nexus Classic Skins for FMT and FM

Lucas

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

That is what it says.

Any way to turn that big octagon and replace it with actual attributes like in the lower pic.and how can I add background fade in fm on pc skin as well .

Thanks .you are the only reason I will start playing fm as I just can't ay it with default skins 

Edited by alex1234

• Administrators
1 hour ago, alex1234 said:

how can I add background fade in fm on pc skin as well .

You need to use the Resource Archiver. 

• Unzip SIToolkit FMF
  • Copy this folder
fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\custom\background fade
  • Put it in:
skins\ncfm\graphics\boxes\custom\background fade
  • And it will put it back.

To be honest if you do that you may as well remove the entire panels folder, except the tactics and player folder. The rest of the folders just contain fixes for the background fade removal.

47 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You need to use the Resource Archiver. 

• Unzip SIToolkit FMF
  • Copy this folder

fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\custom\background fade
  • Put it in:

skins\ncfm\graphics\boxes\custom\background fade
  • And it will put it back.

To be honest if you do that you may as well remove the entire panels folder, except the tactics and player folder. The rest of the folders just contain fixes for the background fade removal.

I just want the fade to be in players panels as I have player background pics ...rest I would keep the same .

I will give your skin a shot first .it's nice .than will decide if I want to or not 

• Administrators

Yeah sure. No problem :thup: 

It's designed to pretty easy for you to do what you want if you need to add in other panel designs or graphics for boxes etc. So feel free to use it as a base if you like it :) 

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah sure. No problem :thup: 

It's designed to pretty easy for you to do what you want if you need to add in other panel designs or graphics for boxes etc. So feel free to use it as a base if you like it :) 

For some reason it's not working ...it's under skins folder ...I cleared cache and reloaded skin as well ...is it specific for any particular resolution 

• Administrators

Sounds like you just extracted it there, and there's an empty folder where it shouldn't be. 

What does the skins folder look like and the skin folder you downloaded look like?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, priority76 said:

This skin looks gorgeous cheers!  One thing though, would you know how to remove the back of the shirt on the player profile?  This bit:

Capture.PNG

Then it would be perfect.

Yeah, open \skins\NCFM\panels\player\player personal details panel.xml.

Remove or comment out these lines:

<!-- Back of kit -->
	<widget id="cKit" class="kit_icon" width="170" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" kit_path="zoomed/large" kit_number_path="large" >
		<record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt"/>
	</widget>

29 minutes ago, alex1234 said:

For some reason it's not working ...it's under skins folder ...I cleared cache and reloaded skin as well ...is it specific for any particular resolution 

should look like this (skins folder). I just downloaded and unzipped to the location and works fine

skins.png

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

Thanks Lucas.

I'm using this now and its enjoyable nostalgia trip. The font is excellent.

I'd like to see the player profile pic made bigger, but this is more of a general request than in the context of the "classic" look so can understand why not.

Edited by Per Annum

5 minutes ago, alex1234 said:

I think I don't have configuration file in there .will copy that and report back 

My issue at first was that I had copied the skin NCFM within a folder NCFM. You need to only copy the second layer. Wary of helping after that "Fm19?" post though.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Atahualpa Maia said:

There is the bar option instead of attributes?

Attribute bar option is no longer supported by FM19.

• Administrators

whats in the ncfm folder exactly? could be this:

2 hours ago, Per Annum said:

My issue at first was that I had copied the skin NCFM within a folder NCFM. You need to only copy the second layer. Wary of helping after that "Fm19?" post though.

• Administrators

Have you tried clearing your cache and preferences? 

The config.xml in the folder above should have these contents ..

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->
    <boolean id="dont_scan" value="true"/>

<!-- don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager -->
    <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Have you tried clearing your cache and preferences? 

The config.xml in the folder above should have these contents ..

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->
    <boolean id="dont_scan" value="true"/>

<!-- don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager -->
    <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>

Copied this into config file and it worked ...thanks once again for all this 

Hi Lucas! Many thanks for sharing this cool skin. I would like to give some feedback:

- The basic idea is fantastic, the green theme, the old school feeling and the font type are awesome

- I think the tactic panel is too dark, especially the field part.

image.thumb.png.4b2a1ac215f3cf719db86334c7645f07.png

- The background picture should be changed to some more soft and real grass theme

Thanks for all your efforts making the game more joyful to all of us!

*Edit: maybe the original tactics panel could be used?

Edited by zyndar

• Administrators
2 hours ago, zyndar said:

- The background picture should be changed to some more soft and real grass theme

Thanks for all your efforts making the game more joyful to all of us!

*Edit: maybe the original tactics panel could be used?

Yeah, I wanted to give it a little of a chalkboard feel, since the skin uses some very dark green tones already, it would have looked brighter and stood out a bit much otherwise. 

You can change it yourself in the skin settings by adjusting the pitch_box_background values, if you want :thup:

29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I wanted to give it a little of a chalkboard feel, since the skin uses some very dark green tones already, it would have looked brighter and stood out a bit much otherwise. 

You can change it yourself in the skin settings by adjusting the pitch_box_background values, if you want :thup:

Could you please give some details how to do it?

2 hours ago, zyndar said:

Could you please give some details how to do it?

Open the settings file found in the settings folder for the skin and locate the pitch_box_background variable then it's just a case of either assigning it to a different colour or adjusting the RGB values to suit or if you want it to revert to the default value just delete that line from the file. Then reload the skin and the changes should show.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Figo_And_Raúl_Fan said:

Is there any way to get the coloured attribute boxes in the classic skin like the the ones in the touch one?

Read the readme file. 

Where it says you can change it, you can just delete those lines if you want, and it'll use the colours from the dark skin version instead.

1 ora fa, Figo_And_Raúl_Fan ha scritto:

Is there any way to get the coloured attribute boxes in the classic skin like the the ones in the touch one?

1 ora fa, Lucas ha scritto:

Read the readme file. 

Where it says you can change it, you can just delete those lines if you want, and it'll use the colours from the dark skin version instead.

Lucas, I'm not English, so it's possible that I've misunderstood question and/or answer, but my impression is that Figo wants to know if it's possible to get the typical attribute boxes of FMT in the FM skin and what to do to get them.  If I'm wrong,  I apologize in advance.   

15 minutes ago, mrcll said:

Lucas, I'm not English, so it's possible that I've misunderstood question and/or answer, but my impression is that Figo wants to know if it's possible to get the typical attribute boxes of FMT in the FM skin and what to do to get them.  If I'm wrong,  I apologize in advance.   

This is exactly what I was trying to ask. Thank you for making it clearer than I did :D .

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Figo_And_Raúl_Fan said:

This is exactly what I was trying to ask. Thank you for making it clearer than I did :D .

Sorry, I thought you were asking how to change the colours.

It is possible but requires editing the panels to include the coloured boxes, plus the graphics appearances. 

Wow thank you so much, its from a mess to beautiful now, thats exactly how this game is supposed to look , not a purple mess. I added the transparency available here so i can see the backgrounds and it really took FM 19 from one of the ugliest looking games to the best. Really gives a whole new layer of fun to the game finally.

• Administrators
On 26/10/2018 at 18:27, vonreichsm said:

Any news?

If I do an update, it'll be this week to coincide with the main release.  

There's quite a few conflicting requests (some of you like transparency, some don't), plus "bugs" thanks to the way the default base skins are using primary / secondary colours for text, and the incompatibility with the base skin with custom backgrounds on certain screens. So they need looking at.

I need to decide what to do (and I don't plan on spending time beyond this week fixing bugs). Cheers.

As i said , i love this skin, it basically made me finally want to play FM 19 finally over 17. But if a new version would take out transparency it would baically make the mod useless again for me and the huge amount of backgrounds i want to use with it. 

We will see i dont ruel out using the older version then. if htere is a new one with transparency this would be awesoem. The only thing which bothers me a bit atm is that the name of the player on the back of the kit panel beside the playe rportrait is going over the designated spave  if the name is longer, looks a little unfinished and crude.

• Administrators

Still plan to get on it. Some of these bugs are SI bugs (ie. back of the kit panel) I think.

Will release an update without transparency and then some transparent graphics files (for FM version) so you can add to it if you want.

It's difficult to please everybody so I can't say this will be perfect. It was meant to be based on the default base skins so any additional mods you wanted to use would 'just work', without breaking things.