Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM19 challenge

Posted (edited)

image.png.efc030b43057461e7af90e58214b4d6d.png

2036/37

Table |Squad | Transfers

Started with two  5-1 wins and didn't look back at the team established a good lead at the top. By feb i was 7 points clear of 2nd and 10 points from 3rd. A 9 match winless run dropped me out of the promotion spots and left the team in 4th. In the playoffs the team beat Bournemouth 7-2 on agg before beating Swansea in the playoff final.

In the cups the team lost in the 2st Rd of the league cup on penalties away to L2 Leyton Orient. In the FA cup the lost were well beaten 0-3 at home to Premier league Southampton.

Moved into the new 17218 Worthing Stadium and pretty much sold out every game, as a result finances rose thanks also to hefty sales as well.  Another training and youth facility increase were granted along with being able to scout the world.

I didn't fancy Smith much in spite of his potential. Jones was ok but i planned to bring in better, Dam was already lined up.

Lesko wanted more football so i sold him on for a good price. Evans was bought in the last minute of the transfer window for his min fee which was annoying although it gave chambers and Hudson more chances, Forest played him just twice all season!

I brought in Badibanga whose personality and experience proved vital in improving the young  defense.

I signed Bogicevic on a free who became my first wonderkid, i sold long serving Mcstravick as a result.

In midfield Woodyard continued to prove his ability with another masterful season. Seiha is possibly the first player i have signed for money rather than my chairman and is a long term replacement for Woodyard.

Up front Paspalj and Morgan were the main threats.

Season       League           Position      FA Cup           FA Trophy           Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Vanarama South        7th        4th Q Round       2nd Round               Playoffs 
2020/21   Vanarama South        1st        1st Round         3rd Q Round             League Winners, Promotion 
2021/22   Vanarama National     10th       2nd Round         2nd Round               None
2022/23   Vanarama National     13th       1st Round         4th Round               None
2023/24   Vanarama National     15th       1st Round         Final                   FA Trophy finalists
2024/25   Vanarama National     12th       1st Round         1st Round               None
2025/26   Vanarama National     3rd        2nd Round         2nd Round               Playoff winners, Promotion

Season       League       Position      FA Cup           League Cup        League Trophy        Achievements/Notes               
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2026/27     League 2        10th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2027/28     League 2        22nd       1st Round          1st Round          2nd Round               None
2028/29     League 2         6th       1st Round          1st Round          1st Round               Playoff winners, Promotion
2029/30     League 1        16th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2030/31     League 1        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round          1st Round               None
2031/32     League 1         5th       3rd Round          3rd Round          Winners                 Playoff winners, Promotion, Checkatrade Trophy winners

Season       League          Position      FA Cup           League Cup        European Comp.       Achievements/Notes               
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032/33   Championship        12th       4th Round          2nd Round            N/A                 None
2033/34   Championship        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2034/35   Championship        9th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 None
2035/36   Championship        6th        3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 Playoffs
2036/37   Championship        4th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 Playoff winners, Promotion

Edited by Thebaker

First time trying out this challenge. Long time did not play fm since fm2010.  Going with whitehawk 

fm profile.png

image.thumb.png.7830a107107f32457592e0dfa44cfe45.png

I just started over. 

Was reloading and got a team I haven't seen before - Haringey! 

image.thumb.png.8d649868daf6a85509b26260a7e3c708.png

Posted (edited)

Kettering Town

1678631737_KetteringTown_Badge.png.a3feec6414cb3f6df3955a08640d2c00.png

2021_22

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

My second season in my first attempt at the challenge. At the beginning of the season we turned professional and, against all expectations we achieved back to back promotions. The board continued to support me with coaching courses and I gained a National A Licence. My best performer was Jake Cain with an average rating of 7.55 who was POM nine times. Interestingly, my third highest average rating of 7.27 was achieved by my 36 year old captain, Marcus Kelly , who according to the coach report, is my worst player with only one star!!!

Performance Summary

Facilities

Edited by Hovis Dexter

Posted (edited)

Is it normal to not have U23 or U18 fixtures? If I get promoted to say League 2, can I accept an invitation into a league? I'd rather not schedule friendlies every single year!

Or do I need at least a Youth Level of 3?

Edited by noah08

On 19/10/2018 at 20:26, dafuge said:

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

I've just turned down the England job because of this rule which made me wonder why it is included. Does International management give you an advantages in the challenge?

Posted (edited)

St Neots Town

127px-St_Neots_Town_F.C._logo.png.f8611d9146d7c7d7a78e832605bda159.png

Premier League – 2036/37 – 14th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A difficult season where relegation was always a prospect. This was prompted by my purchase of two 16 year olds with massive potential. Goalkeeper Collings-White and Centre-Back Tom Wagster arrived for a combined £85m. My aim is to build for the future but was aware that these players are raw and this might affect performances. Form was difficult as we were challenging in Europe right up to the Europa League semis where Arsenal overturned a 2-1 deficit to eliminate us 4-3 on aggregate. The European campaign was satisfying with knockout wins against Wolfsburg, Spartak Moscow and Slavia Prague a highlight of the season.

Key Players

• GK – Louis Collings WhiteSigned at the start of the season as a 16 year old from Southampton for £40m. A real prospect.
  • FB – Josh Day English 23 year old full back. Signed from Rangers for £10m at the start of the season.
  • CB – Cory Ford 21 year old England international. The centre-back had a good second season and added to his England caps.
  • CB – Tom Wagster Another young English prospect signed at the start of the season. This time a £45m signing from Everton.
  • FB – Russell Bingham England international full back who returned for £30m five seasons after leaving following our relegation.
  • W – Gabriel Michael Right winger with 10 caps for England. Had a fantastic season scoring 18 goals.
  • DLP – Billy Southern English midfielder had another steady season in the midfield.
  • CM – Morris Wahling A rare non-English player, German international Wahling added class in the midfield arriving on a free from Bayern.
  • W – Mark Ferguson Once a wonderkid, Ferguson has not developed as I had hoped but is a regular in England squads and added 16 assists.
  • AF – Ricky Colbran Young English striker is very promising and scored 30 goals.
  • DLF – Jair Cardoso – Marquee striker had another decent season scoring 20 goals

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20         Conference North                13th        
2020/21         Conference North                2nd                                             FA Trophy Semis, Playoff Finalists.  
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             FA Trophy Winner, Champions, Promoted  
2022/23         Conference National             1st                                             Champions, Promoted  
2023/24         League Two                      6th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted, EFL Trophy Winners  
2024/25         League One                      5th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted
2025/26         Championship                    10th                                             
2026/27         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists
2027/28         Championship                    15th                                             
2028/29         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists                                           
2029/30         Championship                    4th                                             Playoff Semi-Finalists
2030/31         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2031/32         Premiership                     18th                                            Relegated       
2032/33         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2033/34         Premiership                     10th                                                   
2034/35         Premiership                     17th                                                   
2035/36         Premiership                     7th                                                   
2036/37         Premiership                     14th             EL Semi                        Europa League Semi Finalists

Edited by Andrew Haines

St Neots Town

Premier League – 2037/38 – 11th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A better season than last with relegation never a threat. I moved my transfer model from last season’s acquisitions of the best English youngsters to bringing in complete foreign internationals who add immediate quality. I aimed at bringing in young players who would have big re-sale values. Hence teenagers Norwegian Rosvoli, Czech Michael Kubala and Portuguese Galvao signed along with Brazilians Francisco and Buiu. All were in the 19-21 age bracket but with immediate quality. I will move to this model of signings going forward with an aim to compete regularly in Europe and maybe actually win something.

Key Players

• GK – Louis Collings White Young goalkeeper now 18 has been a first team player for two seasons and is developing well.
  • FB – Espen Rosvolli 20 year old Norwegian arrived from Forest for £55m last summer.
  • CB – Cory Ford A third season as a first team regular Ford is still a colossus at the back for club and country.
  • CB – Marcio Galvao Young Portuguese defender was an awesome acquisition at the back from Benfica for £32m in January.
  • FB – Russell Bingham The England international fills a gap at left back but I am looking out for a replacement.
  • W – Gabriel MichaelEnglish winger had a season distracted by interest from bigger clubs but still hit double figures in goals.
  • DLP – Michael Kubala A bargain signing from Duhla Prague at £9.75m. Very promising in midfield.
  • CM – Omar Arenas Classy Mexican midfielder cost £7.5m from Club America.
  • W – Francisco Young Brazilian signed from West Brom for £59m.
  • AF – Ricky Colbran Striker in his third season at the club, had a slower season than last with only 15 goals but won his first England cap.
  • DLF – Baiu Picked up from Vasco De Gama for £18m, the Brazilian international has fantastic potential.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                2nd                                             FA Trophy Semis, Playoff Finalists.  
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             FA Trophy Winner, Champions, Promoted  
2022/23         Conference National             1st                                             Champions, Promoted  
2023/24         League Two                      6th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted, EFL Trophy Winners  
2024/25         League One                      5th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted
2026/27         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists
2028/29         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists                                          
2029/30         Championship                    4th                                             Playoff Semi-Finalists
2030/31         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2031/32         Premiership                     18th                                            Relegated       
2032/33         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2036/37         Premiership                     14th             EL Semi                        Europa League Semi Finalists
2037/38         Premiership                     11th             

St Neots Town

Premier League – 2038/39 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Perhaps our breakout season with a 3rd place finish securing Champions League football for next season. I continued last seasons transfer model in bringing in quality foreign signings of an age which would ensure a hefty re-sale value. I targeted the midfield in particular with Brazilian Maninho arriving to play the playmaker role. The jewel in the crown was Casper Rasmussen who signed for his clause value of £19.5m. He had multiple bids in including one from Real Madrid so I was delighted to secure his signing as he adds massive quality to the midfield. I was disappointed to see Gabriel Michel leave in July for £61m to Man City. He had fallen out with me over rejected offers and I cut my losses. Another of my best English players left when Ricky Colbran departed for Chelsea for £64m. This was less disappointing however as he had lost his place. Over the past couple of seasons he had failed to push on to the level of quality I needed. This leaves me with a massive budget by the end of the season. I have spent out £85m on Swiss striker Callier who should prove to be a great signing.

Key Players

• GK – FlavioBrazilian keeper signed in January for £24m from Flamengo.
  • FB – Espen Rosvolli Pacy Norweigan fullback in his second season with the club.
  • CB – Cory Ford Club captain Ford is still only 23 but has 41 caps for England.
  • CB – Marcio Galvao World class Portuguese defender had a superb season.
  • FB – Maxim Seguin Young Belgian fullback signed for £25m from Zulte Waregem.
  • W – Michel21 year old Brazilian signed from Newcastle for £35m to replace Man City bound Gabriel Michel.
  • DLP – Maninho Brazilian playmaker signed from Cruzeiro for £21m.
  • CM – Casper Rasmussen A massive signing at the start of the season. Competition from Real Madrid was fought off to secure him from FC Copenhagen.
  • W – Oktal Yuksel Turkish left winger cost a bargain £5m to replace big money sale Francisco. Only likely to be a stopgap.
  • AF – Abacherli Callier Big money signing at the end of the season. Swiss striker Callier signed from Dortmund for £85m.
  • DLF – Edmilson BaldeQuality signing from Sporting Lisbon for £30m at the start of the season. Scored 19 goals.

Record

2038/39         Premiership                     3rd             

5 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I've just turned down the England job because of this rule which made me wonder why it is included. Does International management give you an advantages in the challenge?

It certainly did when the challenge was started as you could manage in a smaller country to gain knowledge of foreign players and possibly boost the reputation of your own players by selecting them for the national team.

5 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

9 minutes ago, dafuge said:

It certainly did when the challenge was started as you could manage in a smaller country to gain knowledge of foreign players and possibly boost the reputation of your own players by selecting them for the national team.

I see thank you for the explanation

St Neots Town

Premier League – 2038/39 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Another good season. Although we only(!) finished 5th following last seasons 3rd place, we were fighting in the Champions League this season and lack of quality in the reserves came into play. Arguably we were better this season and were fighting for the title till just after Christmas. We started the season with the massive signing of Abacherli Cailler from Borussia Dortmund for £85m. He did not disappoint scoring 20 goals. The only big money signing to join him was Marco Maiella from Inter for £80m. It is quite funny that he kicked off with Inter when they rejected a bid from St Neots Town..

As mentioned we were very strong up to January, topping the table for large spells. Form was disrupted in the new year however due to transfer activity. £250m of players left the club when Liverpool signed Marcio Galvao for £150m and Barcelona signed Edmilson Balde for £90m. I did not sit back however and spent all of that money on Dutch international Ferry De Ruiter from Arsenal for £110m and Pavol Kuzma from PSG for £140. I actually think I got the better of the bargain but form stuttered as I tried to bed in both players. Kuzma in particular struggled but he is a more natural DLF than Balde so should come good.

Having walked through a relatively tough Champions League group including Sevilla and Porto we had a difficult draw in the first knockout round. Barcelona looked like a bridge too far but we took a 1-0 victory from the Nou Camp before seeing through to the quarter finals with a 0-0 draw at home. Another tricky draw in the quarters against PSG looked to be going our way when we pulled off a 6-3 victory in the home leg. Not to be however as they turned it round with a 6-2 win in Paris. The revenue was helpful and we should be able to re-inforce in the summer. I signed an 18 year old Scot Derek Wardrope from Kilmarnock three seasons ago. He has spent the past two seasons out on loan, at Derby then Newcastle. He has developed into a bit of a star and at 21 needs his chance in the team. He won’t get into the two spots upfront (although isn’t a million miles off) but has the attributes to make a good left winger. To accommodate this, two footed Gabriel Speck will switch to the right allowing me to offload Diego Guerra who is the weak link in the side. Beyond this, it is difficult to see what positions I need to re-inforce. A good central midfielder would be nice, apart from that I may start looking to youth and bringing some players through.

Key Players

• GK – Flavio Brazilian keeper in his second season with the club has developed well.
  • FB – Espen Rosvolli Norwegian fullback had a great season but looks likely to leave as is attracting big bigs.
  • CB – Cory Ford Captain fantastic has been a mainstay for five seasons and did well again but is now one of the weaker players in the squad.
  • CB – Ferry De Ruiter Dutch international signed in January for £110m to replace departing Galvao.
  • FB – Maxim Seguin The Belgian international has developed into one of the best fullbacks in Europe in his three seasons at the club.
  • W – Diego GuerraPlayed on loan two seasons ago and signed on a free from PSG last summer. Sold to WBA for £21m at the end of the season.
  • DLP – Marco Maiella 19 year old Italian international signed from £80m from Inter.
  • CM – Casper Rasmussen A massive signing two summers ago but now may lose his starting spot.
  • W – Gabriel Speck 28 year old Argentine signed from Porto for £38m and scored double figures.
  • AF – Abacherli Callier Marquee signing last summer, the Swiss striker scored 20 goals in 33 games.
  • DLF – Pavol KuzmaA £140m signing from PSG to replace Barca bound Balde in january. Struggled only scoring 3 goals.

Record

2038/39         Premiership                     3rd             
2039/40         Premiership                     5th              ECL Qtr                        Champions League Quarter Finals             

Posted (edited)

image.png.efc030b43057461e7af90e58214b4d6d.png

2037/38

Table |Squad | Transfers

Spent most of the season just above relegation spots until feb when a run a 5 wins in 6 games propelled the team into midtable. The team reached 40 points with 4 games to go and the players went on holiday. Got hammered in the last 4 games.

Did nothing in the cups, losing 4-2 away to Tottenham  in the league cup 4th rd. Went out to Championship Bristol City 0-1 at home in the FA cup 3rd replay.

The finances went up immensely as a result of being in the premier league, especially as i didn't spend much, Directors took out £16million in bonuses. Filled the ground for every home game. and the board decided to increase the capacity by 8K to 25K.

The squad is mostly made up of young players i hope will improve. I did bring a premier standard GK in Ben Itzhaki which payed off. The defence is still poor and the midfield didn't contribute enough for assists and goals. Up front Paspalj did well in spells and i brought back Morgan who was the best player. Chambers was sold by the board as an offer too good to refuse which was disappointing .

2038/39

Table |Squad | Transfers

Started the season really well with 20 points from 10 games. Injuries impacted the squad as Morgan and Benisti had been red hot but then injured for 2 months each. The team went 13 games without a win. Had a further spell of 11 games with no wins and just 3 points and went into the last game just 1 point above Middlesboro. The team actually won but the result didn't actually matter as Middlesboro only drew.

Lost in the 3rd Rd of the league cup 3-1 away to Liverpool and went out in the 4th Rd of the FA cup. Lost to Leicester on penalties after a replay.

Finances again went rose, thanks to the TV money and a season spent at Brighton's AMEX stadium where the team averaged 24K.

I got really fed up with players complaining when i turned down bids which came in constantly, the same bid every single day, as well.  I ended up selling Bogecevic which was a big error, i thought Shaw would step up, when not injured he was just rubbish. Ended up signing a backup LB in Walton from the frees still knocking around .

I also sold my back up RB so had no cover for Garcia  who was also poor. Didn't solve the defensive problems this season, in fact they got worse.

I also trimmed the goalies by selling 3 of my back ups including long time player Allen.

In midfield i signed club record signing Worrall who did contribute with goals and assists and Wonderkid Cunha (i actually signed him when Chambers left but he was under 18 so couldn't join), Miguel is a HGN backup.

Up front i flogged Burgess and brought in Morgan permanently .

Season       League           Position      FA Cup           FA Trophy           Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Vanarama South        7th        4th Q Round       2nd Round               Playoffs 
2020/21   Vanarama South        1st        1st Round         3rd Q Round             League Winners, Promotion 
2021/22   Vanarama National     10th       2nd Round         2nd Round               None
2022/23   Vanarama National     13th       1st Round         4th Round               None
2023/24   Vanarama National     15th       1st Round         Final                   FA Trophy finalists
2024/25   Vanarama National     12th       1st Round         1st Round               None
2025/26   Vanarama National     3rd        2nd Round         2nd Round               Playoff winners, Promotion

Season       League       Position      FA Cup           League Cup        League Trophy        Achievements/Notes               

2026/27     League 2        10th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2027/28     League 2        22nd       1st Round          1st Round          2nd Round               None
2028/29     League 2         6th       1st Round          1st Round          1st Round               Playoff winners, Promotion
2029/30     League 1        16th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2030/31     League 1        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round          1st Round               None
2031/32     League 1         5th       3rd Round          3rd Round          Winners                 Playoff winners, Promotion, Checkatrade Trophy winners

Season       League          Position      FA Cup           League Cup        European Comp.       Achievements/Notes               
2032/33   Championship        12th       4th Round          2nd Round            N/A                 None
2033/34   Championship        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2034/35   Championship        9th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 None
2035/36   Championship        6th        3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 Playoffs
2036/37   Championship        4th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 Playoff winners, Promotion
2037/38   Premier League      16th       3rd Round          4th Round            N/A                 None
2038/39   Premier League      17th       4th Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None

Edited by Thebaker

Kettering Town

365101431_KetteringTown_Badge.png.0aa6e5f0efbaf2c20ea7f28d7081009f.png

2025_26

Table             Squad                 Transfers                Finances

133394943_KetteringPerformance2025_26.thumb.png.9e0694005bfd3af767f7b8e9e2f1d543.png

545319342_KetteringFacilities2025_26.thumb.png.e55caf5f470f0e67f5b66087f065c53d.png

My sixth season in my first attempt at the challenge. Our first season in the Premier League where against all expectations we  ended up fifth and qualified for the Euro League next season. The board continued to support me with coaching courses and I gained a Continental B Licence and am currently studying for a Continental A Licence.

My best performer was Sylvestre Blanchard  a 19 year old who’s been on loan with me from Manchester City for two years. His contract with them runs out at the end of this year so I’m looking to sign him for free in a couple of weeks.

Our  original stadium had a capacity of only 5000 and so this season we’ve been ground sharing with Watford. The board is currently searching for a new site with a planned capacity of 28k   

Edited by Hovis Dexter