Sports Interactive Community

2 to 3 players injured PER GAME, and not little injuries, like 3 weeks away

If you are seeing numbers much higher than this over the course of a season could you please post a bug thread stating the details and provide us with any relevant saves/PKMs so that we can investigate. Thank you.

I am sorry. But where did you get those figures? its absolute nonsense. I am also getting 2/3 injuries a game. Players that are 95% match fit and 100% match sharp are at 60% condition by half time. We are talking about players like pogba and lukaku who play week in week out over the whole season.

2 minutes ago, mattiboi10 said:

I am sorry. But where did you get those figures? its absolute nonsense. I am also getting 2/3 injuries a game. Players that are 95% match fit and 100% match sharp are at 60% condition by half time. We are talking about players like pogba and lukaku who play week in week out over the whole season.

Which figures?

If you have an issue with player's condition or injuries in match, please post in the ME forum with examples so that we can take a look for you.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Which figures?

If you have an issue with player's condition or injuries in match, please post in the ME forum with examples so that we can take a look for you.

The figures that you posted above *face palm*

2 minutes ago, mattiboi10 said:

The figures that you posted above *face palm*

If you'd like me to continue interacting with you, you can cut out the rudeness.

Those figures are drawn from the game via our internal tools. They are a correct mean of the current frequency of injuries. Of course, as is the nature of averages and sample size, you need to progress at least a season into the game to see if this is reflected at both your and AI clubs.

If you are seeing something that is wildly off, say 30 or 110 injuries per season for various clubs, open up a fresh thread and we'll investigate.

So far i am half way through and have had 55 injuries so if you average that, thats 110 injuries in one season. That would never happen in real life. I am trying to screen shot it to you but it wont do a full screen, screen shot just screen shots a quarter of the screen

Just now, mattiboi10 said:

So far i am half way through and have had 55 injuries so if you average that, thats 110 injuries in one season. That would never happen in real life. I am trying to screen shot it to you but it wont do a full screen, screen shot just screen shots a quarter of the screen

Could you open a fresh thread for me please, following the guidelines here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448070-bug-logging-template/

Could you also upload your save following the guidelines here please - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448071-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Could you open a fresh thread for me please, following the guidelines here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448070-bug-logging-template/

Could you also upload your save following the guidelines here please - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448071-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

Thank you.

Uploading the file now. Where would you like me to start the thread?

Just now, mattiboi10 said:

Uploading the file now. Where would you like me to start the thread?

Open a fresh one in this section ('Training and Medical Centre') please.

Hi,

So far this season ive had 55 injuries. some long. some short. i am currently half way through the season so if you average that out it works out at 110 injuries in one season. Thats wildly over the top. Absolutely ridiculous. Also, the match conditioning on all players is horrendous. Just played a game where all my players hadnt played for 5/6/7 days. played the game they all had 95-100% match fitness and condition. by half time some of them had 60% condition. That cant be right surely? i took Juan mata off who was one of them and his replacement got injured 20 mins later.

I uploaded my save file as requested - 

Uploaded files

• MUFC BETA SI upload matt price.fm

I'm experiencing a much higher incidence of injuries than normal (compared to previous editions) and they tend to be several weeks/months duration. For example, I'm playing a friendly against Tonbridge and I had a significant injury, so I reloaded the game to see if there is a potential excessive injuries issue and the second and third times I reloaded I had one significant injury (all at least four weeks) and the fourth time I had three injuries! I have played six friendlies and nine players injured.

I am only in preseason on my save however I have had a serious injury every single game and now have 8 injuries in total on my squad (3 already present). 

is it just 'bad luck' or is anyone else experiencing this deeper into a save??

Thought I'd report it just in case. 

74 in mid April doesn't sound outrageous to me. 70 for the season, give or take 20, is within normal ranges. Sounds like it has slowed down from your predicted 110?

I can assure you I am personally looking into if anything is amiss.

I don't think this is usual. Plus, I really don't think counting the number of injuries is the right approach to this. FM should approach to this by cumulative time missed by players or so. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 22.49.49.png

Edited by zaferhansoylu
Wrong Attachment

3 hours ago, alexrowe_ said:

I am only in preseason on my save however I have had a serious injury every single game and now have 8 injuries in total on my squad (3 already present). 

is it just 'bad luck' or is anyone else experiencing this deeper into a save??

Thought I'd report it just in case. 

This sounds like bad luck to me. Keep an eye on the Medical Centre and note if any of your players have recurring injuries or anything else that might be increasing their chance of getting injured.

Every game are 2 injuries and this is minimum.. After 3 league match with chelsea, i have 8 injury players :D.. Its not normal.. Over 30 people wrote same problem on facebook group.. SI look at this and fix it pls.. ;) 

22 Injuries in 8 offical Games and 10 of them where long term. Injuries are getting out of hand and doesn't even make it able to play with a normal team.

I'm at the end of september in my Inter save, I've had 20 injuries so far, and I've played 11 games.

Please remember, this is a beta.

If people are concerned that they are suffering too many injuries we need examples uploaded so that we can actually investigate please.

All my loan players with Wolves went out injured with broken wrists after falling when jumping, all with in the space of 4 days. All out for 6 weeks to 3 months. 

I have been playing 8 matches in FM19 and 7 out of 8 matches I have to substitute my players because of injuries (mostly 2-4 weeks). My attackers are all injured now, after only 8 matches, wtf??!???

Having the same issues with injuries. 2-3 players every single match getting small knocks (orange injury) then they are ruled out for roughly 2 weeks after the match. Have tried keeping the players on and also tried subbing straight away. Same outcome

3 preseason games resulted in this:

fm_2018-10-19_22-37-27.thumb.png.965e200ba6718d3755b9826949c7d7af.png

This is my predicted amount of injuries:

fm_2018-10-19_23-02-36.png.f396b8ff05c34934f5c403bf14c62828.png

---------------------------------------------------------

The severity of injuries in this edition of Football Manager is insane compared to previous editions and a few people in a Discord server I'm in have actually decided not to play until it's resolved, stating that it gets to the point where it's almost unplayable. I'll make a fresh thread and upload my save file if it continues on this trend for me.

Just now, Ovro said:

This is my predicted amount of injuries:

fm_2018-10-19_23-02-36.png.f396b8ff05c34934f5c403bf14c62828.png

That prediction does look a bit high. I'll look into that.

This is BIG bug for men tooo !!! Evry match affter my 3 subs in 45minutes to 70 minute ... i get  injurie from random player ????  This bug from your game FM 18 !!! Evrytime .... 70% of my matches i pick 3 sub's fast i get  injuries..... THis is BUG !!!

Hi,

yesterday I started my first career but got frustrated really fast with 2-3 injuries every match.

With most of the injuries being 14 days+ i soon had no squad to play and lost most of the games.

Is it supposed to be like this?

averaging 2/3 injuries a game. thats just not right. I really hope this is patched as its completely ruining my favourite game. been playing since CM 01/02 and never known anything like it.

Same here I'm also averaging 2/3 injuries per game and the players are always out for at least a month, I'm now running out of players for my starting 11, I keep having to bring in youth players to make up the numbers. 

This all happened during pre-season I'm just about to start my first league game, Ive played some friendlies and 2 euro qualifiers and lost about 10 players in that period, not looking good for the season.

I think it's a bug but there's also the possibility that as I'm using the gegenpress tactic maybe the players don't have the stamina for this.

It sounds like the 'excessive' injuries are coming from matches rather than training, would that be correct?

For reference, I would expect to see 0.5-0.75 injuries per match per team over the course of a season. If you're seeing nearly twice that let me know.

Also as a heads up, everyone seems to be very fond of the gengepress. This is absolutely going to injure your players more than a 'standard' tactic. It's very high intensity, as indicated on the tactics page.

5 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

It sounds like the 'excessive' injuries are coming from matches rather than training, would that be correct?

For reference, I would expect to see 0.5-0.75 injuries per match per team over the course of a season. If you're seeing nearly twice that let me know.

Yes matches. hardly any training injuries. i am defo seeing twice that. averaging 1.5-2

10 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Also as a heads up, everyone seems to be very fond of the gengepress. This is absolutely going to injure your players more than a 'standard' tactic. It's very high intensity, as indicated on the tactics page.

using control possesion

Thanks @mattiboi10

I believe control possession may still be quite high in pressing and thus intensity. There is an intensity bar above the tactics pitch that will give you an indication of how intense your tactic is, and thus how likely injuries and quicker condition deterioration is. Pressing is one of the biggest contributors to intensity.

@Seb Wassell yes i had already noticed this and i have a green bar. have you reviewed my save file yet? i just kind of feel a bit let down by you guys. seems like you are making excuses

please dont think i am having a go. Its just how its coming across. Everyone is complaining about this. every post on every facebook group i come across its always mentioned 

1 minute ago, mattiboi10 said:

@Seb Wassell yes i had already noticed this and i have a green bar. have you reviewed my save file yet? i just kind of feel a bit let down by you guys. seems like you are making excuses

This is a Beta and whilst we absolutely strive to achieve perfection there will unfortunately be issues present. We are grateful when these are raised to us in the proper fashion so that we can investigate ahead of release.

I have spent my Saturday morning looking into this one for you.

@Seb Wassell so i just tested your theory about gegenpress. i played one game with it. got one injury. next game i played the winger focused tactic and got 2 injuries. the intensity bar on this was blue so about half way. doesn't seem to make a difference. appreciate your time looking into it. its just so frustrating.

4 minutes ago, mattiboi10 said:

@Seb Wassell so i just tested your theory about gegenpress. i played one game with it. got one injury. next game i played the winger focused tactic and got 2 injuries. the intensity bar on this was blue so about half way. doesn't seem to make a difference. appreciate your time looking into it. its just so frustrating.

Unfortunately 1 match is no where near enough of a sample size to judge this. We test over literally hundreds of matches.

The intensity works as intended. However, if there is an underlying ME injury issue this will of course severely muddy those waters. I have updated our known issues and injury frequency posts to acknowledge that we are investigating.

I understand the frustration and appreciate you raising your examples here.

It's quite unreal to be fair.

I could understand that a gegenpress tactic implies more injury than other tactic but that's too much.

Ps: See the "Highest in League" ? It's very frustrating

Capture.PNG

Edited by CRN711

To be honest, I think - for now - it's a bit too much. 

c8c4fbbb0358140d6b81a1f0a6388bd3.png

As you can see, I roulate quite a lot but there is a moment you reach a point where ,after every match, 4 or 5 players need rest. I let them rest as much as possible but it doesn't really work. What can I do about it?

4 minutes ago, Sacioli said:

To be honest, I think - for now - it's a bit too much. 

*snip*

As you can see, I roulate quite a lot but there is a moment you reach a point where ,after every match, 4 or 5 players need rest. I let them rest as much as possible but it doesn't really work. What can I do about it?

That's not injuries, that is fatigue. Could you open a separate thread for me please?