Sports Interactive Community
can_9

3D Match Engine Lag

On 25/10/2018 at 00:24, pakyikama said:

i know i am overreacting but in fm 18 nobody fixed anything about it. and exactly one year ago we were told to use data analyst view which work just fine. so i am overreacting because one year passed and we are still at the same point. this is a serious disappointment.  

I think we have to wait the full version for this problem.

I Have the same problem (had it in 2018 too), I noticed now using the TV camera that if i zoom in, in areas where i can't see the crowd there is almost no lag at all. I played a game after with the crowd off and it's way better, sometimes i think there is some lag but is playable definitely. It's a small sample but perhaps it's something.

What graphics cards do y'all have?  On my laptop with a 1050ti it's pretty laggy but on my desktop with a 780 it's as smooth as butter.  I got the laptop as I thought it might be a step up but now I kinda feel like I wasted my money.

Edited by priority76

43 minutes ago, priority76 said:

What graphics cards do y'all have?  On my laptop with a 1050ti it's pretty laggy but on my desktop with a 780 it's as smooth as butter.  I got the laptop as I thought it might be a step up but now I kinda feel like I wasted my money.

Radeon R9 290.

My lag disappears when moving the mouse or when using screen recording software in the background.

So I seem to have fixed my lag and currently I am playing on 5 star graphics with ultra smooth gameplay. I'm playing on a medion erazer i5-7200u cpu @2.50GHz with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050m gpu.

I have been adjusting the settings within the Nvidia control panel but what made the noticeable difference was downloading Nvidia inspector and turning all Gsync related settings OFF and Vsync setting to Fast.

Also making sure my power mode is set to performance.

Maybe worth others giving it a try?I'm happy to screenshot all my Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia Inspector settings if this still doesn't work for you.

Fingers crossed iv played a good amount of games no with zero lag 🤞

2 hours ago, dansh1989 said:

Maybe worth others giving it a try?I'm happy to screenshot all my Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia Inspector settings if this still doesn't work for you.

Yes please I would appreciate that! P.S. what is Nvidia inspector?  I've never heard of it.

Edited by priority76

I downloaded Nvidia inspector from Google as my Nvidia Control didn't have the option of Gsync. It gives extra settings my Nvidia Control Panel didn't have. I also changed performance settings in advanced system settings in Windows which I will include in screenshots. Think I have 12 screenshots so I will have to upload individually as max size says 9mb 

6 saat önce, priority76 said:

why there has to be a difference with laptop ? there is a say about comparing laptop and desktop i know that but my laptop is a gaming laptop and it's dell and i am sorry to say this it is not cheap. what is your desktop ? a very good computer ? with a 780 i don't think so. do not get offended i am not saying these to offend you. i am saying these because they need to feel guilty to fix this problem because there is not any excuse left at all.

I made the changes that dansh1989 made and i played 1 match with high settings. There was no lag in most of the match but there were times that i had lag again. Most of these times were when the ball was in the side across the benches and especially when the crowd was visible. I don't know perhaps there is something wrong with the crowd as i said in my previous comment and i think SI should look into it even if im completely wrong because that problem exists at least from last year, and it's kind of annoying to have a good laptop and be forced to play with low settings or to remove the crowd or even try to find solutions through the settings like dansh1989 did.

there was a huge thread last year with problems with high graphics cards lagging and it appeared no resolution was found after 1 year. This has me worried as I am getting a new laptop HP Omen with GeForce 1060 3gb and I am now worried I won't be able to play 3d because of lag.

Anyone using a HP Omen with this graphics card?

Edited by bboy

I can't comment on FM18 lag as my laptop I had for this game wasn't sufficient enough for 3d. I have however installed FM18 on my new laptop with the settings iv screenshot and FM18 and FM19 beta run very smooth. Although strangely FM18 only gives me 1 star but I can run the game smooth in high graphics.

If you're getting lag in 3D matches you need to look elsewhere in your setup,i.e. background processes running,Anti-Virus products etc. My rig is hardly state of the art (Intel i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz,16GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB) yet I'm getting 5 stars and movie smooth graphics at maximum settings,as I did with FM18. However with FM18 I had to run with vertical sync set to "fast" to kill stuttering but even that is not necessary with FM19.

Edited by bartdude

On 19/10/2018 at 13:47, Jack Joyce said:

Can you confirm if this lag happens on all graphical settings? Try on low and let us know if there's still lag. Thanks

I can confirm it. My system on recommended for pc picks high but even on very low it still lags

With 19.1 we have added a command line option to disable thread optimisation, which has apparently helped with similar lag issues on other games. Go to football manager 2019 on steam, right click and go to properties then 'set launch options'. Put this in "-disable_threading_optimisations". Let us know if it improves things for you.

16 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

With 19.1 we have added a command line option to disable thread optimisation, which has apparently helped with similar lag issues on other games. Go to football manager 2019 on steam, right click and go to properties then 'set launch options'. Put this in "-disable_threading_optimisations". Let us know if it improves things for you.

I tried  and Unfortunately still same problem. I think it will not change on full version. :( Is there anyone fixed this problem when you do "set launch options" ?

Edited by can_9

On 31.10.2018 at 12:30, can_9 said:

I tried  and Unfortunately still same problem. I think it will not change on full version. :( Is there anyone fixed this problem when you do "set launch options" ?

I have same problem bro.

DxDiag.txt

It's been over a year and we still have the some problem. Are you even trying SI? It's clearly something with NVIDIA drivers. What helps is installing the old driver (v388.00). Anything newer gives the lag. At least for GTX 1050.

22 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

Wish I tried the demo first lol

I also have the GTX 960M , I had issues last year but is perfect this year, only issue was yesterday  I updated my driver and it was unplayable. rolled the driver back and was fine.

can anyone help with lag i'm getting on fm19 3d match engine? i have a very basic laptop running intel core i5. Never had any issues on FM18 but noticing it much more now on FM19. Is it just that my laptop isn't up to scratch anymore or can anything be done?

cheers for any help you can give

1 hour ago, mattowls said:

can anyone help with lag i'm getting on fm19 3d match engine? i have a very basic laptop running intel core i5. Never had any issues on FM18 but noticing it much more now on FM19. Is it just that my laptop isn't up to scratch anymore or can anything be done?

cheers for any help you can give

What graphics card you got

34 minutes ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

What graphics card you got

Intel HD Graphics 5500- does that sound right? I’m not clued up on this sort of stuff

18 hours ago, huesey1974 said:

I also have the GTX 960M , I had issues last year but is perfect this year, only issue was yesterday  I updated my driver and it was unplayable. rolled the driver back and was fine.

Hmm, really? Mine's much worse. I've tried medium and it still lags, which is just ridiculous tbh.

Low and very low are just a blur so can't possibly use them. What driver are you on?

On 18/11/2018 at 10:12, mattowls said:

00A68BC0-8955-44E5-BCFC-CAB9E44110E6.jpeg

You are using a fairly low-spec internal GPU so you're likely going to have to lower some graphical settings in preferences-> match.

@paok_revolution It's not all high end cards having issues.

For starters, anyone experiencing lag on a laptop should make sure their power management settings are set to 'maximum performance' for everything. Secondly, try the suggested fix here which has worked for quite a few people:

Make sure that your anti-virus software isn't the source of the problem:

Finally, check if you have any known programs causing issues:

Good evening. From reading the problem with the lags, it continues in the new manager.I regret the fact that last year we were dealing with how to solve the issue, which was not solved and of course we actually lost our money, we did not play and we just got tired. And some are playing from the first version of the CM.  The company clearly had to solve the problem, something that was not solved clearly and not only this, but it also appears this year! There is no solution either to lowering the graphics, removing shadows or removing supporters, or anything other than the settings since this does not solve the problem after losing part of the magic of the game . And when we talk about a game that needs little graphics and here are super cards I think you can understand that the company should see the hotter issue as last year the same actions were done by the users and did not fix the problem!  I hope the full version of the game has solved the issue with some upgrades. Finally i want to say bravo to the Jack for all the efforts it makes to improve the game and inform users but the company should try above. I believe when the game is released to be as it should to enjoy this year as we were sorry last year

10 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

You are using a fairly low-spec internal GPU so you're likely going to have to lower some graphical settings in preferences-> match.

@paok_revolution It's not all high end cards having issues.

For starters, anyone experiencing lag on a laptop should make sure their power management settings are set to 'maximum performance' for everything. Secondly, try the suggested fix here which has worked for quite a few people:

Make sure that your anti-virus software isn't the source of the problem:

Finally, check if you have any known programs causing issues:

None of these suggestions help my 960M card. Full game has arrived now so nothing to do with it being the demo either.

Pretty poor for two years running tbh.

Just too add, I have a GTX 1060 M in my lappy, I have had no stuttering with my game, nor have I had to update my graphics card dvrs. Seen much advise about updating dvrs, but this has nothing to do with nVidia or AMD, it is solely with SI and there so called testing team. It has nothing to do with AV or Firewalls, as the modern day AV Suite has certain permissions in place out of the box for online gaming, and gaming in particular. The AV will not interfere with a local game of FM, this is just SI finding a excuse for a rapidly declining product. The SI ME is so lacking, it doesn't even tax a GTX1060M, let alone a i7 IGN for example. Steam is an ages old platform, there is no conflict with AV, again it is a game issue with SI.

Edited by Transk53

On 19/11/2018 at 21:15, FFCMatt said:

None of these suggestions help my 960M card. Full game has arrived now so nothing to do with it being the demo either.

Pretty poor for two years running tbh.

Sadly it wont. This should run fine on your card. AMD has nothing to do with the 960M card, or any desktop app. nVidia apps directly reference the hardware with your equipment, and as such will be the benchmark with which you should go. In terms of FPS, this game will get nowhere near 60FPS, and with modern dedicated gfx, this is SI and there woeful programming. Got nothing to do to with your 960M, which is a good card. Dont take any notice of the SI bods, they (along with the mods) are talking the miles bollocks.

On 19/11/2018 at 18:45, stratos7 said:

Good evening. From reading the problem with the lags, it continues in the new manager.I regret the fact that last year we were dealing with how to solve the issue, which was not solved and of course we actually lost our money, we did not play and we just got tired. And some are playing from the first version of the CM.  The company clearly had to solve the problem, something that was not solved clearly and not only this, but it also appears this year! There is no solution either to lowering the graphics, removing shadows or removing supporters, or anything other than the settings since this does not solve the problem after losing part of the magic of the game . And when we talk about a game that needs little graphics and here are super cards I think you can understand that the company should see the hotter issue as last year the same actions were done by the users and did not fix the problem!  I hope the full version of the game has solved the issue with some upgrades. Finally i want to say bravo to the Jack for all the efforts it makes to improve the game and inform users but the company should try above. I believe when the game is released to be as it should to enjoy this year as we were sorry last year

Sorry to hera that you are afflicted too. This is the thing, the issue isn't with nVidia or AMD, it is clearly with SI and their programmers with the reference graphics dvrs they would have requested. I have a 1060 GTXM and I knew know amount of dvr updates would have made a difference. SI are responsible with the graphics, not anyone else simply put. They are what they are, push a **** ME, and hit and hope. They are becoming like EA day by day. But of course the forum whores on here may have a differ opinion.

Edited by Transk53

On 28/12/2018 at 00:31, Transk53 said:

Sorry to hera that you are afflicted too. This is the thing, the issue isn't with nVidia or AMD, it is clearly with SI and their programmers with the reference graphics dvrs they would have requested. I have a 1060 GTXM and I knew know amount of dvr updates would have made a difference. SI are responsible with the graphics, not anyone else simply put. They are what they are, push a **** ME, and hit and hope. They are becoming like EA day by day. But of course the forum whores on here may have a differ opinion. 

Hello from Greece my friend. It's not a matter of different opinions but events anymore! I still have not bought the game as I'm afraid I do not throw my money (the least maybe) and BEVERLY disappointed again !!!

I have been playing since 2000 and I think it is several years before anyone to deal with this issue and try to see what happens and whether or not there is a point. Be well!

Yeah genuinely fed up. Spend half the time when I'm playing trying endless tweaks to Nvidia inspector for some reason expecting it to play smoothly.

Can anyone list their settings that actually work? For a day the optimised Geforce settings worked for me but now it's back to a pile of crap even on medium settings. Ridiculous for what's a decent card and should easily handle this game.