[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Theodlard said:

Do they refuse the PT contract no matter how lucrative it is?  I've always had them desire the non-contract but accept a PT at the right wage.

The dropdown menu only had non-contract as an option, nothing else. Anyway, it was like that for a few weeks of close season then part-timers started asking for improved part-time contracts and then those youths asked for part-time contracts too. Weird, but all is normal now. Let me not clog up the thread when Dan needs to figure out his complex problem!

With regards to Mile Oak - the stadium (Chalky Road) doesn't seem to have a long/lat set - perhaps this is inadvertently throwing things out? I can't remember if the code uses the long/lat of the city, the stadium or both when deciding appropriate leagues.

I'm part way through building own level 10 database and am seeing a small number of odd division placings (got to 2023/24 simming) - some seem reasonable when you think about it (i.e. Southern Combination filled with teams from London/Hampshire borders because the Sussex teams have moved up the leagues & maybe the same reason for New College Academy appearing in the SWP Prem) but some warrant further investigation (i.e.  City of Liverpool are in the Midland Premier, Bewdley Town in the Combined Counties Premier, Heather in the Essex Senior & Maltby Main in the Thurlow Nunn Premier, Cray Valley into South Mids 1) so going back to check that I've not made typos in long/lat or my divisional boundaries overlap. May have to set the regional divisions for some of the teams, something I've only done in the past for Guernsey or tighten up the number of teams in a league (currently setting most min to 18 & max to 20)

As a separate issue - has anyone noticed that league histories for clubs are very erratic - some clubs have full histories, some partial, some none at all (which I think are the L10 leagues) - any idea if there is a flag or something I'm missing? Don't recall similar issue last year.

44 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

With regards to Mile Oak - the stadium (Chalky Road) doesn't seem to have a long/lat set - perhaps this is inadvertently throwing things out? I can't remember if the code uses the long/lat of the city, the stadium or both when deciding appropriate leagues.

I'm part way through building own level 10 database and am seeing a small number of odd division placings (got to 2023/24 simming) - some seem reasonable when you think about it (i.e. Southern Combination filled with teams from London/Hampshire borders because the Sussex teams have moved up the leagues & maybe the same reason for New College Academy appearing in the SWP Prem) but some warrant further investigation (i.e.  City of Liverpool are in the Midland Premier, Bewdley Town in the Combined Counties Premier, Heather in the Essex Senior & Maltby Main in the Thurlow Nunn Premier, Cray Valley into South Mids 1) so going back to check that I've not made typos in long/lat or my divisional boundaries overlap. May have to set the regional divisions for some of the teams, something I've only done in the past for Guernsey or tighten up the number of teams in a league (currently setting most min to 18 & max to 20)

As a separate issue - has anyone noticed that league histories for clubs are very erratic - some clubs have full histories, some partial, some none at all (which I think are the L10 leagues) - any idea if there is a flag or something I'm missing? Don't recall similar issue last year.

I'm sure it is the locations that are used to say what league teams are in, I will try adding the long/lats tonight to the stadiums and see if the same thing happens

Edited by Dan BHTFC

It's that it's from a start game not even simulated to the next season promotions that make me think it can't be the long/lats of stadiums and must be even more fundamental. I've tried a few edits on your L11 Dan and am still getting the same results even with adding to the reserve team list and removing from the main list. It makes no sense as the test goes through fine! New starts done the last two times SWP doesn't actually seem to form a league, it says that the league is yet to be scheduled where other L11 leagues are scheduled. Mile Oak do seem to be in the right league now though.

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 15.19.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 15.19.44.png

Just done a new start, view only Dan's L11 and 1 French league. The previously mentioned teams (Calne, Alton, Mile Oak) seem to now be in the right leagues. However there is an issue with the SWP as it's not being scheduled. I don't have an in depth enough knowledge to properly investigate but I am looking for leagues that contain a reserve side to see if they're also not scheduled.

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 15.38.31.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 15.38.50.png

In some ways - positive! It is the exact same file that was having specific issues before so very strange. If anybody wants to list off reserve teams in lower leagues and I can spot check to see if this is the consistent error as it now seems to be the only one I can see.

Given that the database tests fine is it not then what you were saying re reserve teams? If you have them listed for each league as reserve teams rather than as part of the main league team list. Wouldn't want you to recreate it all to get the same result as will you not just be doing exactly the same thing you already have again? Have you tried it without merging - If you were to just add on to the existing L10 editor data? I have tried moving the reserve teams this way by editing your database and it doesn't seem to change anything but I'm sure there's something I'm missing. I only ever normally edit teams!

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:28, damianhucker said:

With the structure as it now is , it is highly unlikely for any Notts Senior League teams being promoted to Northern Counties East Division 1, the more northern teams may go from east midlands counties into Northern counties east premier, in div 1 theres currently only Ollerton and Shirebrook from Notts, and some may argue Shirebrook is Derbyshire, it definitely has Derbyshire council. Theres a higher chance of the central midlands teams going into the NCEL than there is those of NSL and the Central mids has more teams from the Northern part of the county and some from south Yorkshire who in reality would be better served being in the Sheffield & Hallamshire league. So with the Central mids id suggest promote the south division to East mids counties along with the NSL and the North Division to NCEL. Lincs league definitely does go into NCEL, I would imagine all the Yorkshire leagues feed into the NCEL.  Leicestershire Senior League promotes the more Western clubs into the East Mids counties and the More Eastern go into the United Counties League.The thing that makes it tricky is that teams aren't always promoted from the level 11 leagues into the level 10 leagues.  The clubs have to apply for promotion and then have to pass ground grading, so while it sounds like theres a lot of leagues going into the league, in reality of those who apply and are then given the adequate ground grade it then comes down to who has the highest average points per game to see who is then actually promoted, which is something I think would be impossible to implement in football manager

Its not impossible to do average points per game, that's how the winners of the playoffs in level 8 are determined, 5 from 7 teams promoted on average point per game.

Sorry for the lack of updates from myself, Christmas was busy for me so haven't been able to do any editing for around a week, have been working on it today though, I've decided to restart Level 11 and seeing if it works this time.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dan BHTFC:

Sorry for the lack of updates from myself, Christmas was busy for me so haven't been able to do any editing for around a week, have been working on it today though, I've decided to restart Level 11 and seeing if it works this time.

Hope you enjoyed Christmas! :D

I've been running a career with Little Oakley using Dan's L10 file. It's all gone a bit 'meta'. My thread narrating the save in the FM Career Updates forum has turned into a spooky meta-narrative as the club and players have discovered it and have been commenting on my Twitter feed. To your knowledge has it happened before that the real club and players you are managing in a fictional world have intruded into it?

My Little Oakley story using Dan's L10 file

Here in my latest post, I blend fantasy and reality like this:

Back in December 2018, we had a ‘testimonial’ featuring my original squad for the manager and staff who departed in July of that year as my wife and I along with Dario Gradi took over the club with local rivals Harwich. Here is a youtube video of the game. The local community turned out in great numbers to show their appreciation. Needless to say, the quality of football has improved beyond recognition since the fruits of our academy graduated into the squad

Edited by phnompenhandy

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I've been running a career with Little Oakley using Dan's L10 file. It's all gone a bit 'meta'. My thread narrating the save in the FM Career Updates forum has turned into a spooky meta-narrative as the club and players have discovered it and have been commenting on my Twitter feed. To your knowledge has it happened before that the real club and players you are managing in a fictional world have intruded into it?

That's pretty wild.  Good comments from the rl club, I hope?

4 hours ago, jwchriste said:

That's pretty wild.  Good comments from the rl club, I hope?

Well it's a bit awkward. I used the pre-game editor to put the real-life players in the squad (and make their CAs all under 10 which, if you watch the youtube, was quite accurate), but the editor AI put them in the wrong positions, which is what some complained about. I hope they didn't go into the thread because I got rid of most of them in the first year and my 15-16 year-old academy recruits were far better than all of them!

On 02/11/2018 at 01:39, Dan BHTFC said:

Just a quick update, I've done down to Level 8 so far tonight and recreated the FA Trophy, tomorrow will be time to start Level 9, I will also add the leagues which will be in the database in the second post of this thread at some point too.

Are you still going all the way down to tier 22? I reckon 20 tiers would be enough with the leagues stated, just can't wait to play this database was my favourite last year...

34 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Any chance of the West Yorkshire and West Riding Amateur League being at level 11?? 

Depends what division they promote to because the Northern Counties East already has 4 relegation spots

Just now, Dan BHTFC said:

Depends what division they promote to because the Northern Counties East already has 4 relegation spots

They are supposed to feed into the NCEL but they are more invitational. So you could add them without promotion but then add the leagues below as you go.....as an option of course :brock:

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Which leagues have you got the Northern Counties feeding to Dan?

Was hoping Sheffield & Hallamshire would have been one

11 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior Football League
12 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League Division One
13 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior Football League Division Two.

Thanks Dan.

22 minutes ago, delped said:

Which leagues have you got the Northern Counties feeding to Dan?

Was hoping Sheffield & Hallamshire would have been one

11 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior Football League
12 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League Division One
13 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior Football League Division Two.

Thanks Dan.

Central Midlands North, Humber Premier, Lincolnshire League and Nottinghamshire Senior

5 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I could see if I can promote teams from the Nottinghamshire Senior into the East Midlands Counties, I'm not home until late tonight so can't check until then 

Yes, that would work, I have noted that both Central Midlands North and the Nottinghamshire Senior League feed into the East Midland Counties wereas Sheffield & Hallamshire onlt go into the Northern Counties East.

Have a good evening at  work, thanks Dan.

Having looked further, I would say the West Riding Amateur League could be ignored but the West Yorkshire Premier League could be added at level 11 with no promotion and adding the 2 lower divisions. 

8 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Having looked further, I would say the West Riding Amateur League could be ignored but the West Yorkshire Premier League could be added at level 11 with no promotion and adding the 2 lower divisions. 

It's not much fun managing a team to level 11 and unable to go further, or is that just me?

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's not much fun managing a team to level 11 and unable to go further, or is that just me?

Depends on your plan.  

If you want to go from top to bottom with a single team, then totally agree, but if you want to build up as a journeyman, then it would be nice to play as teams from my area.

1 minute ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Depends on your plan.  

If you want to go from top to bottom with a single team, then totally agree, but if you want to build up as a journeyman, then it would be nice to play as teams from my area.

Yeah, that's fair enough. What I'd prefer, even if not strictly authentic, is for all leagues to be part of a pyramid so that whichever club you take at whichever level, there is a route to the top.