[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Cyriaque said:

I tried to take an old save before the new season... Fail again, new season doesn't start :((((

Out of curiosity, how far back in game time was the save you used?  Do you have one even further back, maybe toward the earlier part of the season?

The saved was the third of June.

The previous is one year later so ...

Actually, I accept to have a blanck season and reach the next season. Cross fingers for a new start then. It takes a long time to reach the end of the blanck season. I'm in november only :)

During this blank season, the national cups and and european cups work perfectly. I wonder how the game will choose the english teams next season for european cups...

Only all national championshiop are broken.

Edited by Cyriaque

5 minutes ago, Mikado911 said:

Same thing happened to me after my 8th season. I had a save from early may but the problem happened again.

So, currently living through a very long empty season!

8th season. I hope it happens only one single time in a full game.

33 minutes ago, Mikado911 said:

Same thing happened to me after my 8th season. I had a save from early may but the problem happened again.

So, currently living through a very long empty season!

Looking at the database in the editor, it says that the end of season date for England is 31st May.  Is there a way you can re-load that save and sim to 31 May and see if there are still any of the leagues/cups with scheduled matches after that?  Maybe that could help narrow down the problem if that is the issue.

I don't know the easiest way to do it.  Search for "England" then choose "Fixtures & Results" under the "Clubs" tab you can search for all the matches in England day by day like this:

image.thumb.png.c5749566546aac3ffbf08685db91efa5.png

I'm wondering if there is one (or more) competitions where the matches could get delayed due to scheduling conflicts or weather-related issues and end up finishing after the "end of season" date.  This would not necessarily happen every season, so that may be why some see it after 6 seasons, some 8, some not at all.

Edited by jwchriste

7 hours ago, jwchriste said:

Looking at the database in the editor, it says that the end of season date for England is 31st May.  Is there a way you can re-load that save and sim to 31 May and see if there are still any of the leagues/cups with scheduled matches after that?  Maybe that could help narrow down the problem if that is the issue.

I don't know the easiest way to do it.  Search for "England" then choose "Fixtures & Results" under the "Clubs" tab you can search for all the matches in England day by day like this:

I'm wondering if there is one (or more) competitions where the matches could get delayed due to scheduling conflicts or weather-related issues and end up finishing after the "end of season" date.  This would not necessarily happen every season, so that may be why some see it after 6 seasons, some 8, some not at all.

I might look at changing this in the FM20 database, maybe to 9th June or something

10 hours ago, jwchriste said:

Doing that now. Will give the results shortly.

10 hours ago, jwchriste said:

Regional Premier Divisions in my case. But I'm not sure if this is the reason, because in all my seasons this cup starts after this date. The screnshot shows quarterfinals, semis and finals are few days later (until 13 June).
image.thumb.png.7981884189add8c2331bc88996ada9e5.png

P.S. FA Trophy final was on 3rd June. 

Edited by Sako

Same thing for me. Only the Regional Premier Divisions. However the scheduling does not seem to be out of date with respect to the previous seasons that worked properly. Dates for the various rounds for all seasons:

Season        Quarter-Finals         Semi-Finals                  Finals           Scheduling for next season
2018/19             7/6, 8/6           10/6, 11/6, 15/6           14/6, 18/6                            Yes
2019/20                 5/6                         8/6                            12/6                                 Yes
2020/21                 4/6                         7/6                            11/6                                 Yes
2021/22             3/6, 4/6                 6/6, 11/6                 10/6, 14/6                            Yes
2022/23                 2/6                     5/6, 6/6                         9/6                                  Yes
2023/24                 7/6                        10/6                           14/6                                 Yes
2024/25                 6/6                          9/6                           13/6                                 Yes
2025/26                 5/6                          8/6                           12/6                                 No

So the issue does not seem to come from the competition not having ended. No idea where it comes from otherwise,

One funny thing is that my Head of Recruitment is sending me report every other day when I only ask him to do it every week. Looks like something else is getting messed up.

Thanks @Sako & @Mikado911 for the info.  You both point to the Regional Premier Divisions, so maybe that's not a coincidence?  However, @Mikado911's data seems to debunk my theory about the end of season dates.  Were there any regular season, non-playoff matches played after 31st May (or 27th April, see end of post) in any of those seasons?  Maybe only in the season before the one that never gets scheduled?

I fired up the editor to see if there was anything obviously different about those leagues and I did see something regarding the dates:

Each of the parent divisions (Regional Premier, Regional First, County Leagues, Level 10, etc.) had their start and end dates listed.  However, the sub divisions in Regional Premier were the only ones that also had separate start and end dates listed.  The sub divisions in all the lower parent divisions had their dates left blank.

For example:

Regional Premier Divisions:

image.thumb.png.b43700530792f1c30c793eb148d974f3.png

Isthmian League Premier Division (sub division of Regional Premier):

image.thumb.png.45f035f786402245ab492ea4529656b7.png

The sub divisions in all the lower parent divisions had blank dates.

For example, Midland League Division One (sub division of Level 10):

image.thumb.png.59be3e447bb8fa4d9d7945d1a3d5a6d4.png

I don't know if this is an issue or not.  At first glance, it would seem that it should be ok based on @Mikado911's save working correctly most seasons even with the playoffs running into June.

@Dan BHTFC, is there any there there, or am I barking up the wrong tree with my date theory?

One other thing - the Regional Premier Divisions (parent) has an end date of 27 April, while its subdivisions have end dates of 31 May.  Maybe a regular season match played after 27 April screws the scheduling up?

Edited by jwchriste

@jwchriste: No other games played in England after the 31st of May in any of the aforementioned years.

The date concordance is probably an issue in its own right. The Regional Premier should definitely not end before the Isthmian.

The dates should be changed anyway. I just checked and the Regional Premier league games ended on the 27th of April. Playoffs happened the 30th and the 11th of May.

2 minutes ago, Cyriaque said:

My blank season is at then end of the season in Anglian Combination four (15th league). I'm not yet in regional or isthmian.

From what I read, the issue could be caused by any English league not finishing by the end of season date.  I didn't seem to matter if it was the one you were managing in.

Looking at my own save in its current season (season 2, 15 May), it looks like I am getting the same thing reported by @Mikado911 - The Regional Premier regular season is playing through May with the playoffs in June.  If this were truly the issue, I would think it would cause a problem every season and not randomly.  Maybe there is something else in the game world that happens occasionally which causes an issue when combined with these dates?

I had a peek at the Regional First Divisions schedules and they wrapped up their regular season matches in April and finished their playoffs in May.

Maybe if we just remove the start and end dates for the four Regional Premier leagues, it would work like the other leagues and not cause any issues?

I don't know an easy way to try to debug this since it only occurs every once in a while, if at all.  I may create a new test save with only English leagues down to the Regional First Divisions and just sim one season at a time to see if I can reproduce the issue with and without those dates set.  I have a fast computer, but it will still take a while if the issue doesn't happen for several seasons.

8 hours ago, jwchriste said:

I may create a new test save with only English leagues down to the Regional First Divisions and just sim one season at a time to see if I can reproduce the issue with and without those dates set.

I sim'd 17 seasons and haven't run into the issue. I even saw the Regional First Divisions play the last matches of the season on 28 April even though they have 27 April as their end date and still didn't see any problems.  I'm guessing there's nothing to see here. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.  Don't mind me.

It's a weird one although there will always be something going wrong with a database this size, sometimes during editing I run into problems as well and every year there's always a change to something in the editor, which is why I'm getting all my league and team information done ASAP so I don't have to worry about it when I start editing!

Apologies if this has already been asked.

I am going to try this for the first time.

Would people recommend only loading the English leagues?

Obviously with the aim of a long term save... will this run super slow if I add the usual top 5 nations and leagues also?

7 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Obviously with the aim of a long term save... will this run super slow if I add the usual top 5 nations and leagues also?

depends how many english levels will be playable. If more than 10,11 - it will be slow.

9 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

If you're starting at L19 or anywhere near it, you don't need to load anything other than maybe the rest of the UK and Ireland.  You won't be able to scout or sign anyone from those other countries anyway.  As you progress up the pyramid, you can de-activate the lower leagues and eventually, when you reach the upper levels of English football, you can activate additional countries.  That's how I usually do it.  It can be slow with just England down to L19 loaded though.  That's a lot of leagues/clubs/players by itself.

@Dan BHTFC: I noticed that some teams have their average attendance set at 10000 despite being lower league amateurs. I believe this is an oversight while editing as their training facilities and youth facilities are also set at 10 (which are the default value).

Teams concerned:
 - Holbeach Bank
 - Chew Magna
 - Kingsley Park
 - Kingsley Wizards
 - Lynton
 - Park Rangers
 - Ashwater
 - Eastside
 - Purnells Sports
 - Thorpe Wood Rangers
 - Farcet United
 - Peterborough NECI
 - Long Crendon
 - Yateley United

19 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

You can always set the nations in question to "view only" instead of playable. This means you can view these leagues and see who's winning ect but there will be no players in the teams? Depends if you're looking for authenticity or just to look at the table!

6 hours ago, Mikado911 said:

@Dan BHTFC: I noticed that some teams have their average attendance set at 10000 despite being lower league amateurs. I believe this is an oversight while editing as their training facilities and youth facilities are also set at 10 (which are the default value).

Teams concerned:
 - Holbeach Bank
 - Chew Magna
 - Kingsley Park
 - Kingsley Wizards
 - Lynton
 - Park Rangers
 - Ashwater
 - Eastside
 - Purnells Sports
 - Thorpe Wood Rangers
 - Farcet United
 - Peterborough NECI
 - Long Crendon
 - Yateley United

Thanks for that, is this the Level 19 file? Does it seem like the same divisions?

can we fix these with the in game editor ? if so what should we change them too, ive noticed that all there estimated values are really high in my game too,  i really don't want to start again !

Edited by hilmz88

2 hours ago, hilmz88 said:

can we fix these with the in game editor ? if so what should we change them too, ive noticed that all there estimated values are really high in my game too,  i really don't want to start again !

I'm pretty sure I remember those settings in the in-game editor.  I don't currently have the editor enabled in my save or I'd check.

On 22/08/2019 at 05:20, jwchriste said:

I just ran into the no-fixtures-scheduled-for-a-whole-season bug that @Sako & @Mikado911 reported earlier.  Four seasons played, didn't schedule fixtures for the 5th, except for cups.  All English leagues affected. L19 database, but started in L17.

Am going to extend the season end dates for the lower levels in my FM20 database, hopefully this will stop the problem from happening

33 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Am going to extend the season end dates for the lower levels in my FM20 database, hopefully this will stop the problem from happening

Thanks @Dan BHTFC

I am re-starting (from L17, using the L19 db) after editing the dates of the Regional Premier Divisions - I just removed the individual dates for each of the sub-divisions so that level is set up like all the other levels.  I couldn't figure out why this only happened to a few of us, but the dates for that level seemed suspect.  We'll see if the issue still pops up after a few seasons.  If it doesn't, I won't know if I actually fixed anything or just got lucky since others have been playing without issues as far as I can tell.

7 hours ago, Mikado911 said:

Just for information, I played a new game with the dates for the Regional Premier Divisions fixed but this did not fix the random occurrence of league fixtures not generating. I have no idea what is causing this.

Bummer.  I'm in the middle of my third season after "fixing" those dates.

Did it happen after the same number of seasons for you or is it random?  When it happened to me, it wouldn't generate fixtures for season 5.  Has anyone else seen this issue (fixtures not scheduling for all England after # of seasons)?  If so, which levels did you have active - L19+, L18+, etc.?  I guess the same question could be asked of people who did not see the issue as well so maybe we can narrow down where the problem is.

When it happened to me I was starting with a L17 club, but had all L19+ leagues active.  By the time it happened (beginning of 5th season), I was in L15 and had deactivated L19-L17.

Sorry, just the engineer in me going into debug mode.:seagull:

Edited by jwchriste

7 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I wish I knew what was causing this issue

Since I've only seen like three of us reporting this issue, I'm currently assuming that it's fairly rare and must be due to a certain combination of in-game events.  I'm going to create a new backup save just before each season update day.  If I encounter the issue again, I'll reload the save from before that season started and holiday sim the entire season as many times as it takes to confirm whether the issue is permanent or random.  If I can continue my save by re-playing that season, I will.  I'm also going to deactivate all leagues below my current league to, hopefully, reduce the chances of this occurring.

Wish I had 10 PCs I could set about holiday simming under various scenarios to try to debug this.  I tried to do this with all leagues loaded and only got about 1.5 seasons after leaving it overnight.  I don't want to dedicate my machine to it because I want to play and I have a stay-cation this week so I'm going to be playing a lot.

Apparently, this issue can happen even with just the stock database loaded:

It seems like a rare occurrence, but maybe when we have so many leagues loaded it increases the chances?  Maybe it's not an issue with the custom database at all?

Bristol and Avon League11 clubs
Central and South Norfolk League Division Four – 12 clubs
Devon and Exeter Football League Division Eight – 12 clubs

East Berkshire Football League Division Four – 10 clubs
Stroud and District League Division Seven – 14 clubs
(NOTE: This is the lowest level at which any league has its top division)

Edited by Andrew Price
isnt this tier 20

1 hour ago, Andrew Price said:

Bristol and Avon League11 clubs
Central and South Norfolk League Division Four – 12 clubs
Devon and Exeter Football League Division Eight – 12 clubs

East Berkshire Football League Division Four – 10 clubs
Stroud and District League Division Seven – 14 clubs
(NOTE: This is the lowest level at which any league has its top division)

Is that for this season?

As Dans work is for last and the Pyramid gets shifted each year

I did a cursory check and couldn't find any info for the Bristol and Avon League beyond 2017.  C&S Norfolk seems like an active league last year and this year.  Didn't check the others.  Maybe these leagues don't include any teams which would be playable (all reserves/youth sides)?

2 hours ago, jwchriste said:

I did a cursory check and couldn't find any info for the Bristol and Avon League beyond 2017.  C&S Norfolk seems like an active league last year and this year.  Didn't check the others.  Maybe these leagues don't include any teams which would be playable (all reserves/youth sides)?

they must be active leagues m8 or why else would it be tier 20 

11 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

I was double-checking because your only support for the level 20 leagues was a snapshot from the Wikipedia article which isn't always up-to-date or accurate.  I couldn't find any recent news for Bristol and Avon but did see one reference on one site that it folded in 2017.

The other league I looked at was active, but if these leagues only had reserves sides then they wouldn't be playable in FM anyway.  I was suggesting that was possibly why Dan didn't include them, but I didn't verify if that was the case or not.

2 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

I was double-checking because your only support for the level 20 leagues was a snapshot from the Wikipedia article which isn't always up-to-date or accurate.  I couldn't find any recent news for Bristol and Avon but did see one reference on one site that it folded in 2017.

The other league I looked at was active, but if these leagues only had reserves sides then they wouldn't be playable in FM anyway.  I was suggesting that was possibly why Dan didn't include them, but I didn't verify if that was the case or not.

they must be accurate m8 or wiki wouldn't have stuck it up for no reason

36 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

they must be accurate m8 or wiki wouldn't have stuck it up for no reason

Wikipedia is entirely dependent on the public to post articles and keep them up to date.  It's entirely possible for something like this, that changes from year to year, that something gets overlooked.  It's a good place to start but you should never trust a wikipedia article as fact unless you verify it first through another reputable source. 

For the 2018-2019 seasons:

Bristol and Avon League: folded in 2017

Central and South Norfolk League: still active to Division Four (in L20)

Devon and Exeter Football League: still active to Division Eight (in L20)

East Berkshire Football League:  only active to Division Two (doesn't appear in L19 database)

Stroud and District League: still active to Division Seven (doesn't appear in L19 database)

Three out of the five listed were correct.  Don't trust Wikipedia without checking.

Edited by jwchriste

And of those listed, Dan only included the upper divisions for two of them in his database.  Theoretically, those two remaining divisions could be added to make it a L20 database.  It looked like each did have one or two clubs which would have been playable, but I don't think we're missing much.  It's kind of late in the game anyway with FM20 right around the corner.

On 08/09/2019 at 20:32, Andrew Price said:

My version of the pyramid goes down to Level 23, but I’ll be looking at it in the coming weeks in more detail as I’m remaking it based on county cups.

As a side note, the East Berkshire League isn’t at that level, and the Bristol & Avon League folded a couple of years ago.

Edited by FCUtdWill

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2019 at 18:01, FCUtdWill said:

My version of the pyramid goes down to Level 23, but I’ll be looking at it in the coming weeks in more detail as I’m remaking it based on county cups.

As a side note, the East Berkshire League isn’t at that level, and the Bristol & Avon League folded a couple of years ago.

hey will u be bringing yours out m8

On 27/09/2019 at 13:35, Andrew Price said:

hey will u be bringing yours out m8

I have a plan to get back into editing for FM20 (it’s been a while since I last did!), I’ve got a bit of research still to do for my directory.

It’ll be a case of watch this space to see if I do. I won’t be making a thread for it until I feel ready to post it.