Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, iGoldenBen said:

Mate can’t fault your effort but there’s so many amateur teams who are set as semi pro and it kills the immersion. For example level 11: Midland division 2 - Every team is semi pro when they should be amateur. This is the same in multiple other leagues. Just seems like a pretty big oversight.

I know mine is really amateur :) Players when I took the lead were awful :)

Big challenge to find players who are able to shoot in a ball without fail :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, iGoldenBen said:

Mate can’t fault your effort but there’s so many amateur teams who are set as semi pro and it kills the immersion. For example level 11: Midland division 2 - Every team is semi pro when they should be amateur. This is the same in multiple other leagues. Just seems like a pretty big oversight.

When I did my database a few years ago, teams who got promoted they’d always turn semi-pro regardless of what level they’re at so you’re always at an advantage compared to other teams. 

If you’re wanting to create a database that goes to the lower levels like Dan has, it’s not easy to do. You can set them to always amateur but that’s not ideal when you’re in the Premier League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

When I did my database a few years ago, teams who got promoted they’d always turn semi-pro regardless of what level they’re at so you’re always at an advantage compared to other teams. 

If you’re wanting to create a database that goes to the lower levels like Dan has, it’s not easy to do. You can set them to always amateur but that’s not ideal when you’re in the Premier League.

Not sure to understand due to my bad english. My team (South Creake) was promoted to 19th division to 18th division. We are still amateurs:) So no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyriaque said:

Not sure to understand due to my bad english. My team (South Creake) was promoted to 19th division to 18th division. We are still amateurs:) So no problem.

When teams get to a certain level they have to become semi pro or they won't get promoted I think its around level 12 or something! Its the same as when teams get promoted to League 2 if they don't upgrade from semi-pro to professional they won't be allowed promotion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dan,

I've downloaded your wonderful work but whatever the update i take (update for level 15 or 16 or 17 or 19) I cannot select england in playable leagues. It says that there should be 11 teams in Surrey south eastern combination junior division two but there is only 10.  ( also an issue with level 19 surrey south esatern combination division five ) 

I haven't got any  other update in my folder.

Where the problem can come from? (I'm in update 19.1 this is why?)

Thanks for your work and your future answer. (and sorry for my english)

Cheers from France

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jralv42 said:

Hi Dan,

I've downloaded your wonderful work but whatever the update i take (update for level 15 or 16 or 17 or 19) I cannot select england in playable leagues. It says that there should be 11 teams in Surrey south eastern combination junior division two but there is only 10.  ( also an issue with level 19 surrey south esatern combination division five ) 

I haven't got any  other update in my folder.

Where the problem can come from? (I'm in update 19.1 this is why?)

Thanks for your work and your future answer. (and sorry for my english)

Cheers from France

Happening for me as welll...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2019 at 02:57, jralv42 said:

Hi Dan,

I've downloaded your wonderful work but whatever the update i take (update for level 15 or 16 or 17 or 19) I cannot select england in playable leagues. It says that there should be 11 teams in Surrey south eastern combination junior division two but there is only 10.  ( also an issue with level 19 surrey south esatern combination division five ) 

I haven't got any  other update in my folder.

Where the problem can come from? (I'm in update 19.1 this is why?)

Thanks for your work and your future answer. (and sorry for my english)

Cheers from France

 

On 16/07/2019 at 05:44, Aidy15 said:

Happening for me as welll...

Late reply, but I've been playing the L17 database just fine.  As a test, I downloaded the L19 database and that worked fine as well.  Hope you got it figured out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 15 heures, jwchriste a dit :

 

Late reply, but I've been playing the L17 database just fine.  As a test, I downloaded the L19 database and that worked fine as well.  Hope you got it figured out.

Thanks for your answer. But still doesn't work whatever the level database (15 or 16 or 17 or 19). I've tried to uninstall and re-install same issue.

Edited by jralv42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jralv42 said:

Thanks for your answer. But still doesn't work whatever the level database (15 or 16 or 17 or 19). I've tried to uninstall and re-install same issue.

It may be caused by changes SI made going from the 19.1 --> 19.3 databases.  You could update your game and try again, unless that will screw with another important save.  But, for those who follow this database, there are no more important saves.:brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MiguelEstevens said:

hi, guys. Does Dan have given a release date? im waiting  to use his database in the game. 

It should be mostly done.  Maybe there are a few cups that aren't included, but the chances it would affect your game is pretty small.  There are no "release dates."  It's a rolling release as he can get to it.  Don't wait, jump to the first post and download the latest version and enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jralv42 said:

Thanks for your answer. But still doesn't work whatever the level database (15 or 16 or 17 or 19). I've tried to uninstall and re-install same issue.

I've been using the level 19 without any trouble (currently five seasons in, using the latest database from SI).

Would you mind showing a screenshot of where the problem occurs (no need to change your settings to English, I happen to be French...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jwchriste   i prefer to wait to play level 22 db. How is it going mikey with logos? I think this wouldnt take much longer time... Maybe two more weeks and its done. Asking some questions about the game isnt off topic making?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MiguelEstevens said:

@jwchriste   i prefer to wait to play level 22 db. How is it going mikey with logos? I think this wouldnt take much longer time... Maybe two more weeks and its done. Asking some questions about the game isnt off topic making?

 

It looks like L19 is it.  @Dan BHTFC said that he was going to add 1 L20 league but found it didn't exist anymore. He changed the name of this thread to reflect only L19 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MiguelEstevens said:

@jwchriste are you trying to say that the english pyramid actually have until level 19???

That is where @Dan BHTFC stopped.  He even changed the title of this thread to "E19 - England to Level 19" which indicates that is as far as he's going to go with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can begin now with a team in L19 :) It's a big challenge. With South Creake, I'm in in L14 now after 5 seasons, each time champion :) The beginning is easy... except to increase finances ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dan BHTFC, when did you fix all the square pitches?  Was that in the L19 file?  I'm three seasons into a save using the L17 file and am running into them every third match.  Debating starting over with the latest file.

OTOH, the square pitches do tend to produce higher scoring matches - for both teams!  I think my keeper has a couple of assists from playing on them.

Edited by jwchriste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem in the sixth season (no problems at all before that), but now i'm in October and the new season has not been started yet. It's not only for my league, but all leagues in England (including Premier League).

I'm managing AFC Grace (started at Level 19 after the fix with square pitches)

Is there a way to fix this and continue this save?

Here is a screenshot:

image.thumb.png.982a65eaf4212788218d70f701097b6b.png

 

P.S. If it's needed, i can attach my save here.

Edited by Sako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ! I have exactly the same problem !!! I just begin my sixth season (2023-2024) with South Creake (started in L19). The new season doesn't start anywhere in england. Please help us to find what happen. I don't want to loose tons of hours of play :-

 

 

@ Sako : just a question, do you deleted the L19 L 18 L 17 after you arrived in L 16 or L 15 ?

Edited by Cyriaque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyriaque said:

@ Sako : just a question, do you deleted the L19 L 18 L 17 after you arrived in L 16 or L 15 ?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sako said:

No

@Cyriaque, did you remove L19, L18, etc. after achieving promotion to 16 or 15?

Has anyone else used the latest L19 file and progressed past the sixth season?  Or is this specific to @Cyriaque and @Sako's setups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I removed them when I reach the L 15 . But if Sako didn't remove and has the problem, it's not the good way.

 

Edited by Cyriaque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting my 7th season without trouble. The calendar has just been released.

All levels are still activated.

Edited by Mikado911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope someone will save us so. I don't want to loose my game. Hopefully, I did a save at the end of each season to register the results. So I can launch the game not in october of the new season but in the middle of June before new season in case of. In this case, I will just loose the friendly games I did between june and october, don't care.

Edited by Cyriaque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2019 at 16:49, Sako said:

I have a problem in the sixth season (no problems at all before that), but now i'm in October and the new season has not been started yet. It's not only for my league, but all leagues in England (including Premier League).

I'm managing AFC Grace (started at Level 19 after the fix with square pitches)

Is there a way to fix this and continue this save?

Here is a screenshot:

image.thumb.png.982a65eaf4212788218d70f701097b6b.png

 

P.S. If it's needed, i can attach my save here.

@Sako if you find the solution Sako, please tell me. I want to continue my game :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there's a bug when you remove/add leagues that can cause a season to not happen. It happened to Second Yellow Card in his Poland save on YouTube. It should fix itself if you go ahead a season, but there's not a way to fix the current season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crplz said:

I believe there's a bug when you remove/add leagues that can cause a season to not happen. It happened to Second Yellow Card in his Poland save on YouTube. It should fix itself if you go ahead a season, but there's not a way to fix the current season.

But Sako who has the same problem never remove any league. So I don't know if it can solve or not the problem. I will try to take an old savegame and not remove old leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2019 at 00:36, jwchriste said:

@Dan BHTFC, when did you fix all the square pitches?  Was that in the L19 file?  I'm three seasons into a save using the L17 file and am running into them every third match.  Debating starting over with the latest file.

OTOH, the square pitches do tend to produce higher scoring matches - for both teams!  I think my keeper has a couple of assists from playing on them.

Yes the Level 19 database has this fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cyriaque said:

But Sako who has the same problem never remove any league. So I don't know if it can solve or not the problem. I will try to take an old savegame and not remove old leagues.

Have you tried to just sim through this season and see if the next season generates fixtures?  Not an ideal solution, if it works, but you could at least continue your save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I don't try it yet because it will be so long (several hours I think). I will try this if I don't have any other choice:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2019 at 01:17, jwchriste said:

Have you tried to just sim through this season and see if the next season generates fixtures?  Not an ideal solution, if it works, but you could at least continue your save.

It worked for me, but i'll wait few days more if someone have any other ideas about generating fixtures for this season (i have a save before the day when the new season fixtures generate) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sako said:

It worked for me, but i'll wait few days more if someone have any other ideas about generating fixtures for this season (i have a save before the day when the new season fixtures generate) 

I'm guessing there is probably no hope to restore that season in your current save.  I've been googling this scenario and the most common reason I've seen is that one of the leagues didn't finish by the end of season date (or something to that effect).  Another one I saw is that the number of relegated teams did not equal the number of promoted teams.  In any case, the options given were to sim to the next season or, if there was a fix to the database, start a new save for it to have an effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, I've started getting league/team information for FM20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, I've started getting league/team information for FM20

For all those who, in the past, have offered to donate to @Dan BHTFC for his efforts with this database, I was just perusing through his twitter feed and found an interesting tweet from 24th June where he gives you an alternate idea.

FYI:  I was being deliberately vague since I haven't read all the forum rules and am not sure what I can or can't post about the subject.  But check it out, you'll see what I mean.

Edited by jwchriste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After removing Brexit from the level 19 database and testing the rules, I get an error message. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea how to fix this?

2019-08-10 02_26_33-Editor 2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Arsalan said:

After removing Brexit from the level 19 database and testing the rules, I get an error message. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea how to fix this?

2019-08-10 02_26_33-Editor 2019.png

Dan's database is created using the basic rules.  It's converting to advanced rules in the editor that is causing it.  I think there were others earlier in the thread that ran into the same issue and just gave up.  If I were you and wanted to fix it, I would convert to advanced rules, remove brexit, then check all the Level 11 leagues for their promotion count and see if it matches the Level 10 leagues relegation count.  The error calls out a specific league, but my guess is that was just the first one that triggered the issue.  There could be many other errors after that.  Or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

Dan's database is created using the basic rules.  It's converting to advanced rules in the editor that is causing it.  I think there were others earlier in the thread that ran into the same issue and just gave up.  If I were you and wanted to fix it, I would convert to advanced rules, remove brexit, then check all the Level 11 leagues for their promotion count and see if it matches the Level 10 leagues relegation count.  The error calls out a specific league, but my guess is that was just the first one that triggered the issue.  There could be many other errors after that.  Or not.

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on how to do this? Like a little step by step guide? I am kind of a noob outside of the basics such as disabling Brexit when it comes to the Editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arsalan said:

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on how to do this? Like a little step by step guide? I am kind of a noob outside of the basics such as disabling Brexit when it comes to the Editor.

I'm no expert either, but I was able to see where that specific league showed that it relegated 3.  The "Level 11" is a parent league/division which has all of the L11 leagues as it's children.  "Level 11" doesn't show any promotion/relegation slots itself.  You would have to look at each of the leagues in L11 to add up all the promotion slots and probably do the same for all the L10 relegation slots.  See if they match.  If they do, I wouldn't know what else to do.

You could simply change that specific league's relegation slots to 2 and try again.  Maybe that would work?  I don't know if that would just screw something else up.

You can also try posting in the Editors Hideaway forum to see if some of the experts there can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

I'm no expert either, but I was able to see where that specific league showed that it relegated 3.  The "Level 11" is a parent league/division which has all of the L11 leagues as it's children.  "Level 11" doesn't show any promotion/relegation slots itself.  You would have to look at each of the leagues in L11 to add up all the promotion slots and probably do the same for all the L10 relegation slots.  See if they match.  If they do, I wouldn't know what else to do.

You could simply change that specific league's relegation slots to 2 and try again.  Maybe that would work?  I don't know if that would just screw something else up.

You can also try posting in the Editors Hideaway forum to see if some of the experts there can help.

I only really want to play Sheffield FC, so I don't think I would need any detailed leagues that far down. So even if it would screw up some of the relegation and what not below that, it may be worth a try. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 04:47, jwchriste said:

I'm guessing there is probably no hope to restore that season in your current save.  I've been googling this scenario and the most common reason I've seen is that one of the leagues didn't finish by the end of season date (or something to that effect).  Another one I saw is that the number of relegated teams did not equal the number of promoted teams.  In any case, the options given were to sim to the next season or, if there was a fix to the database, start a new save for it to have an effect.

If I play friendly matches during this empty season, I will be rich ... for an amator club lol

Seriously, if I try to reload game at the end of previous season, is there any chance it works ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyriaque said:

If I play friendly matches during this empty season, I will be rich ... for an amator club lol

Seriously, if I try to reload game at the end of previous season, is there any chance it works ?

It's possible since we don't know what actually caused it.  It may be too late if your only save is from right before the previous season ends, but if you have a save from further back or from the beginning of the season, maybe a different sequence of events will occur (in the game world) which doesn't cause the issue.  Worth a shot.

After thinking about it, I've set up my autosaves to be every 3 months with 5 rolling saves.  That way, I only have to re-sim 3 months max if I have some sort of crash, but I can still go back over a year if I need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...