[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

Dan- just wanted to drop you a line and say I really appreciate what you do. I have several friends that aren't on the forums that much, but they are grateful as well. Without your database every year, I probably wouldn't be playing FM these days. As always, great job!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 225C said:

Dan- just wanted to drop you a line and say I really appreciate what you do. I have several friends that aren't on the forums that much, but they are grateful as well. Without your database every year, I probably wouldn't be playing FM these days. As always, great job!

Couldnt agree more mate. this work by Dan is 99% of the reason why i keep buying the game

35 minutes ago, Cvija said:

E22 - Level 12 = dont work....cant load...

E22 - Level 11 = work ...

It does work.  Others have been playing with it.  I just downloaded the latest L12 database and started a career, just to verify, and it works fine.

Must be something on your end.  Are you sure you are only loading this database and not trying to load competing databases at the same time?  If loading multiple databases, try it with only this one.  It should work.

On 21/02/2019 at 12:45, ZeakFM said:

Goal difference not working in lower leagues? 

2072648625_PWDLGoalDiff.thumb.PNG.64106106a3f75f1b0fa581020f25c898.PNG

I just noticed this too.  It looks like it is sorting by points, then alphabetically by club name.

The league sorting rules are not set in the editor for Level 12.  They are for the levels above.  @Dan BHTFC, it looks like a another quick fix is needed.

Edited by jwchriste

For those concerned about conflicting files, let me just state that I'm firing up a new save with 19 editor data files loaded.

Dan's L12 English,

L12 Scottish

L12 All-Irish

L7 Welsh,

Susie real-name-fix files

Magesticeternity's recent mods and others

It's all sweet.

Edited by phnompenhandy

4 hours ago, thisisneeds said:

Hi, this may be a stupid question, but is this datebase completed? Cheers

No.  He's working on L13 now and lower levels after that.  It will be quite some time before it's all wrapped up.  But, if you want to start with a L12 club or higher, the database is perfectly playable as it is (except for league table sorting rules at L12, which are easy enough to correct yourself until Dan fixes it).

Edited by jwchriste

22 hours ago, jwchriste said:

No.  He's working on L13 now and lower levels after that.  It will be quite some time before it's all wrapped up.  But, if you want to start with a L12 club or higher, the database is perfectly playable as it is (except for league table sorting rules at L12, which are easy enough to correct yourself until Dan fixes it).

Okay mate, cheers for that. Is it on Steam to download, or is it somewhere else? 

Edited by thisisneeds

Level 12 side has a payroll of $35,000 dollars...is that a lot for a lvl 12 side? Also, are sides at this level semi-pro or amateur? Just want to check for authenticity.

2 hours ago, ZeakFM said:

Level 12 side has a payroll of $35,000 dollars...is that a lot for a lvl 12 side? Also, are sides at this level semi-pro or amateur? Just want to check for authenticity.

It is off. They would normally be amateur. I'm running a journeyman save with L12 databases of England (this one), Scotland and Ireland. The other 2 are amateur for quite a few levels. I've started at an Irish side and I'll only take up an offer to move to a semi-pro English side when I feel that I've properly earned it.

Am I missing something in that I can't seem to offer anything other than non contact terms as a semi pro side? I  have a wage budget of 1.4k a week yet can't over part time terms, and even on non contract terms I can only offer £20pw as an appearance fee.

5 minutes ago, borobadger said:

Am I missing something in that I can't seem to offer anything other than non contact terms as a semi pro side? I  have a wage budget of 1.4k a week yet can't over part time terms, and even on non contract terms I can only offer £20pw as an appearance fee.

No, I had that problem too. They accepted contracts later on but it was irritating.

Did the part time terms eventually become available? I think it's maybe something to do with the board asking me if we wanted to turn semi pro, I agreed and it was due to take place at the end of the season, however it seems to be hardcoded in the database that the team turned semi pro straight away even though the progress bar is still progressing 

Trying to do a youth challenge, got promoted first season to level 11 then just lost my entire team because I couldn't offer them contracts.

3 minutes ago, borobadger said:

Did the part time terms eventually become available? I think it's maybe something to do with the board asking me if we wanted to turn semi pro, I agreed and it was due to take place at the end of the season, however it seems to be hardcoded in the database that the team turned semi pro straight away even though the progress bar is still progressing 

Trying to do a youth challenge, got promoted first season to level 11 then just lost my entire team because I couldn't offer them contracts.

I didn't actually lose any players. They stuck around on non-contracts until they eventually accepted. All teams in this database at level 11-12 are semi-pro, aren't they?

3 minutes ago, borobadger said:

You usally cant offer part-time contracts till you are in national league north/south depending on the contract type key player etc, there is some clubs that can though at lower levels.

10 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I didn't actually lose any players. They stuck around on non-contracts until they eventually accepted. All teams in this database at level 11-12 are semi-pro, aren't they?

Yeah for some reason all teams are, but I edited mine to be amateur for realism purposes but they automatically turned semi pro at the end of the first season anyway.

Losing all of my players every season is certainly going to make the challenge a bit trickier anyway

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You usally cant offer part-time contracts till you are in national league north/south depending on the contract type key player etc, there is some clubs that can though at lower levels.

Plenty of teams seem to be able to, I had a player there with 40 different contract offers before he eventually left

I have to say, this is amazing data base, many thanks for sharing all you hard work, I cannot even begin to imagine how many hours have been put in to put this together.

I hope you have some time to enjoy using the data base yourself. Well done.

1 minute ago, Pa FM said:

Iv created my own club in level 12 but do not want to get sacked from it is there anyway trough the editor that I can make myself unsackable cheers lads

I think when you start the game you have that option.  Either than or you need the in-game editor 

25 minutes ago, Pa FM said:

Iv created my own club in level 12 but do not want to get sacked from it is there anyway trough the editor that I can make myself unsackable cheers lads

Yes. One way is either the official or an unofficial in-game editor, but really it's not necessary. Put the file in the SI editor and go to your club's division. Make your club's reputation the lowest in the division. That way your board will expect you to finish last in a league that has no relegation. That's what I do - you give yourself a proper challenge and time to build a side too. To be honest, even with the lowest rep and the worst players, at level 12 you'll end up around the promotion spots anyway. I usually get off to a slow start but once my tactics kick in I win plenty.

Won the Plymouth & West Devon League (L12) ... promoted to South West Division West (L11) and have a payroll budget of $80,000. :) I won't complain, but it does seem a bit much for this level in football.

15 minutes ago, ZeakFM said:

Won the Plymouth & West Devon League (L12) ... promoted to South West Division West (L11) and have a payroll budget of $80,000. :) I won't complain, but it does seem a bit much for this level in football.

Who're you managing? Is that the league with Marjon, where I used to teach courses?

The SI game isn't geared up for this level, so what I do is bring in my own restrictions. In this case, I simply wouldn't touch that money. I'd check in the team stats list the wage budgets of your league rivals and take one at or near the bottom to be my limit.

Another thing I do that I've never seen any LLaMas mention is with staffing. Even with the tiniest amateur pub team you're allowed to start off with a DoF, HoYD, assman, 2 coaches, reserve staff, youth staff, scouts and physios. That's unrealistic. What I've done is sign an assman whose secondary role is HoYD, a coach who doubles up as DoF and the youth manager who is our sole scout. Can't do that with a physio so I've advertised and it took until December to get one in.

53 minutes ago, funnylittlefrog said:

After a few seasons I have Plymouth Argyle U21s appearing in the Southern League Division One South. They appear in the FA Trophy but not the FA CUP. Is this an error or is it fine?

Are you managing them? They can't be in the FA Cup as Argyle are in it. Not sure if they should be in the Trophy but at least their parent club doesn't enter so they can't meet each other.

I didn't think you could manage reserve sides. If you keep getting promoted will you get stuck when you're a division below Argyle?

Will get that sorted for the Level 13 release, it's the way I did reserve teams in Levels 9 and 10, I'll change them to how I normally do it, so release should be tomorrow lunchtime

Edited by Dan BHTFC

28 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Are you managing them? They can't be in the FA Cup as Argyle are in it. Not sure if they should be in the Trophy but at least their parent club doesn't enter so they can't meet each other.

I didn't think you could manage reserve sides. If you keep getting promoted will you get stuck when you're a division below Argyle?

No, I was running a holiday for a few seasons to test how well the regionalisation at lower levels works. Very well, is the answer; it’s incredible work.

I was pleased that the u21s didn’t enter the FA Cup for the reason you’ve given, but I’m not clear if they would be able to enter the Trophy not how far they’d be allowed up the pyramid. I noticed that Rugby Town had won promotion as high as the National Keague North seven seasons in I didn’t want the same scenario with an u21 team, however unlikely.

The solution for me is very simple anyway. I have no intention of managing below level 8 so will just go into the editor and remove Argyle u21s from whichever sub-level 8 league they start the game in. 

I want to go in and change level 8 season start dates anyway. In real life the season began on Saturday 11th August, whilst in the file that start a little later, in the middle of that week.