[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:37, Dan BHTFC said:

I could see if I can promote teams from the Nottinghamshire Senior into the East Midlands Counties, I'm not home until late tonight so can't check until then 

Should be going into the East midlands counties league anyway mate as things stand.  Only if theres a more northern team would they go into the NCEL and as things are, not a single club in the Notts Senior League premier would go into the NCEL, they are all East midlands.  In Division 1 I think maybe 2 clubs would go NCEL the rest would go East midlands.

Edited by damianhucker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

39 playable divisions in Level 11, spent 6 hours editing this evening, time for bed!

Dan, I’ve played your custom leagues before and loved them. Do you ever get time to play, though!

Do you know if custom leagues are only loadable in the full game? I didn’t really like FM18. It seemed to easy, perhaps that’s because for the first time ever I took over my beloved Everton rather than a tiny team. Anyway, I lost interest for the first time in 20 years! This time (and for th first season ever), ive got the demo to see if I like it before spending the money. I’ve tried loading your custom league in the demo but can’t. I’m guessing custom leagues can’t be loaded in the demo but does anyone know for sure. It’s just that I don’t want to buy the game without knowing if I like it this time. 

20 hours ago, andychar said:

Hi Mate.

Wondered if you had an ETA for Level 12 to be ready? I'm wanting it for a save I want to do. I appreciate it's quite a time consuming task.

Absolutely brilliant work so far.

Think I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Level 12 at the moment...

Oh yes, this is proper awful. At Level 11 I get one inconsistent striker and 31 traffic cones.

I'm expected to finish bottom but to get an extra 10 quid wage budget I rashly announced we would not finish last. Regretting it now as I'm doing an academy challenge and can't improve the squad.

It's all about packing the defence - I haven't got any viable midfielders but I've put 2 in DM position to 'protect' the back 4. I'm toying with Anchor and Segundo Volante next as nothing more orthodox is working yet. Still in preseason; I can only pray one other club is more dire than us! THIS is FM how I love it! :idiot:

Can't wait till the database is finished entirely. L22 to champions league is what I'm here for!

:hammer:

I used the L22 database on last year's FM instalment and recreated a club in Tier 22 as 'FC Lietuva'. The regens would turn out Lithuanian (very similar to FC Romania) and not only would I focus on getting a L22 team to the Prem and CL, I would have a side focus on nurturing youth through my club and developing the LTU national team into contenders! Threw a bunch of mates I know who play Conference and League 2 into that team also to make it feel that more personal. Was by far the most interesting save I've ever had through any FM.

Keep up the brilliant work Dan. Again, cannot wait until you've finished it all pal.

4 hours ago, vzaras said:

Can't wait till the database is finished entirely. L22 to champions league is what I'm here for!

:hammer:

I used the L22 database on last year's FM instalment and recreated a club in Tier 22 as 'FC Lietuva'. The regens would turn out Lithuanian (very similar to FC Romania) and not only would I focus on getting a L22 team to the Prem and CL, I would have a side focus on nurturing youth through my club and developing the LTU national team into contenders! Threw a bunch of mates I know who play Conference and League 2 into that team also to make it feel that more personal. Was by far the most interesting save I've ever had through any FM.

Keep up the brilliant work Dan. Again, cannot wait until you've finished it all pal.

Excellent. That's the way to go - by personalising your save you never get bored with it. Over on the General Discussion forum every day there seems to be a new thread asking how to avoid getting bored when the game gets too easy. They should come here - we've cracked it!

11 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Already asked about it and discussed on the previous page

Search is your friend

Sorry mate just read over it, I see it was discussed but I'm still unsure if you plan on adding it into the database. Would be brilliant if possible.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is the first FM I've played and all I've done so far is play your database. I love non league footy, great stuff. 

EDIT: Just realised you aren't the author lol this is addressed to Dan really.

Edited by timmins23

1 hour ago, timmins23 said:

Sorry mate just read over it, I see it was discussed but I'm still unsure if you plan on adding it into the database. Would be brilliant if possible.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is the first FM I've played and all I've done so far is play your database. I love non league footy, great stuff. 

EDIT: Just realised you aren't the author lol this is addressed to Dan really.

I'm running a holiday save with Dan's latest file at the moment. He's not finished it yet. I just checked and West Yorkshire is not in L11 at the moment.

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm running a holiday save with Dan's latest file at the moment. He's not finished it yet. I just checked and West Yorkshire is not in L11 at the moment.

West Yorkshire League will be in my database but I have not decided how I am doing promotion yet as there is a possible 7 teams getting promoted into the northern counties east division 1

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I appear to have been fired for being on holiday as my team languishes at the bottom of a level 12 division. Oh well, let the holiday continue with me unemployed :-(

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

I appear to have been fired for being on holiday as my team languishes at the bottom of a level 12 division. Oh well, let the holiday continue with me unemployed :-(

Thats what happens when you shun your job ;)

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

West Yorkshire League will be in my database but I have not decided how I am doing promotion yet as there is a possible 7 teams getting promoted into the northern counties east division 1

The problem with the West Yorkshire League is that it is not a guaranteed promotion as it is invite only, and I don't think there has been a team moved up in a fair while. 

In regards to the Yorkshire division questions I'm probably going to add them when dan finishes the database and I finish the accompanying logos for my own personal game! I'm a Yorkshire lad so would love to play with them in FM19 but it would be an unrealistic version as stipulated by others as the Yorkshire league is a separate entity! Ill probably just tag a promotion onto the normal football league pyramid somewhere!

*Edit*

I meant if people are interested I'd share the database!

Edited by MikeyStephenson

14 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Great stuff mate. The absence of a West Yorkshire league is a dealbreaker for me and my Wakefield Wanderers create-a-club save. :lol:

As I didn't get past pre-season, I'm going again with a Level 12 side. My pre-save research led me to the Facebook pages of the players and some confusing match reports - confusing that is, until I realised that the fat goalie occasionally plays up front, the best central defender is also a striker and a 55-year-old coach comes on as sub. I've replicated what I've found as far as possible, so I've got a bunch of first team players well into their 30s; the AI has given them 1s for stamina and pace, and no one in my squad of 30 has Determination over 5 (for all the players I created I set a PA of 30 and CA 0). I made the real current manager my assman - he's got attributes of 1 in every training category. And we're expected to challenge for promotion.

From the intra-squad kick-about on the first day, I ascertained that I have a horrendously imbalanced squad with half of them central midfielders. As I'm on an Academy Challenge, I can't get rid of any of them or bring anyone in so after intense pre-season tinkering I've ended up with a truly bizarre formation: 2-4-2-2. I'm setting a slow tempo, short passing, no pressing playing style to conserve their energy and minimise injuries. Ought to be a disaster. Fun times ahead.

Fond memories of this place - city background pic and pitch photo:

dartington hall.jpg

none.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

Going to get my proper lower league start underway now.

Back to Nostell MW in the Northern Counties East League 1.

Ran a test to make sure the promotion bug I had last year was not present and I am good to go 

2 minutes ago, NTFCGamer said:

Can somebody please help me getting this issue with the database where i can't select England as it states that there is not enough teams in certain leagues

image.thumb.png.925acca1f5927be236266a7e3535a67a.png

This happened to me when I edited myself on the editor, when you go on to editor you must test rules are valid then save it worked for me

Just now, tommy1992 said:

This happened to me when I edited myself on the editor, when you go on to editor you must test rules are valid then save it worked for me

Do you mean your manager? because i never did anything to myself just downloaded the database then this showed up

On 23/01/2019 at 16:50, jralv42 said:

Thanks from France for your work Dan. Just one little question: are all the teams in level 11 semi-pro? Or there are amateur team?

Thanks

No, Corinthian-Casuals in the Isthmian Premier are amateur (as they are, and will always be, in real life). I'm gonna have a look at them once I finish my own database edit (turning San Marino into a full 3 division, 60 team, entirely made-up league).

Edited by Thlayli