vor 8 Minuten schrieb TheMaestro88:

Hi guys.

Apologies if this is already a thread - but how do I replace the manager photo? The generated model looks ridiculous!

Cheers

You can't replace it. Just try it again or with another picture.

2 hours ago, TheMaestro88 said:

So I'm stuck looking like one of the muppets? The 3d avatars are a joke

Happy to say last years manager pic mod works, though haven't got a clue where I got if from, and the huge db works aswell

2 hours ago, TheMaestro88 said:

So I'm stuck looking like one of the muppets? The 3d avatars are a joke

That made me laugh. Be careful when apply the points on the photo. To be fair the in game photo looks poor for everyone but if its any consolation its better than last year!

"Boy, some day 3D technology will be so advanced you will be able to make an avatar that nearly looks like you in minutes. " § But dad, i got a perfect picture of myself just right here , cant i just use that?"

FM 2030: Sorry , players models still look a lot like stick figures , we just dont have the resources to make them dribble smooth  etc., but BOY that 3D manager is nearly like real life, now even his trousers move in the wind.

Isnt that what the game is all about. :-D

8 hours ago, mrrobot said:

There should be an option to choose whether you want a picture or a 3D-model. I don't really get why the option was totally removed from the game.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Common sense to let the 99.99% of people that prefer to see their own photo next to the thousands of photos they have from the graphics patch, rather than always looking like a grainy heroin addict?

11 hours ago, mrrobot said:

There should be an option to choose whether you want a picture or a 3D-model. I don't really get why the option was totally removed from the game.

The answer is Miles' stubbornness I'm afriad. It's fairly obvious that the 3D manager isn't up to scratch (and probably never will be).

For a game that values realism so highly it boggles my mind why they won't let you have an ACTUAL picture of your ACTUAL face. Totally detracts from the immersion.  

vor einer Stunde schrieb frenchdog93:

The answer is Miles' stubbornness I'm afriad. It's fairly obvious that the 3D manager isn't up to scratch (and probably never will be).

For a game that values realism so highly it boggles my mind why they won't let you have an ACTUAL picture of your ACTUAL face. Totally detracts from the immersion.  

It's because everything changed to 3D and you will probably recognize the managers face in the future during a match. The decision to remove the ability to use a picture is because they changed the way manager faces are or will be presented in the game. This is the same as with classic 2D. It has to be removed to make a step forward for improvements and innovations in the future.

13 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's because everything changed to 3D and you will probably recognize the managers face in the future during a match. The decision to remove the ability to use a picture is because they changed the way manager faces are or will be presented in the game. This is the same as with classic 2D. It has to be removed to make a step forward for improvements and innovations in the future.

As for seeing the manager face during a game, how many years is that going to be? It seems unlikely to me that it'll be achieved in the next decade. So why implement poor quality 3D managers now? A fleeting moment of recognition just isn't worth damaging the game for. 

And that reason alone doesn't cut it for me anyway. Surely you could have a profile picture and a 3D model? 

It was a poor decision that the vast majority of the FM community hate and its even more frustrating that SI double-down on obvious mis-steps like this. I can only think that it was added in a rush to meet the new features quota for FM18. 

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I'm confused. There are thousands of licensed pictures of players and staff, not to mention the thousands user can add by third party facepacks.  Still the only real person who has a bad looking 3D face in the game is the player himself. Yet I'm not able to recognize myself in the portret shot let alone during a match. Unless SI plans to follow the FIFA example, by modeling every person in 3D, which I doubt will happen in the foreseeable future, then it makes no sense that we are forced to look at a 3d model of our heads that's not corresponding to the way how real people are presented in the game. 

The decision was made with FM 2018 and Miles and others at SI stated more than once, that it will not reversed.

So this whole discussion does not make much sense. Just get used to it. As we all can not change it.

Miles attitude deserves to be called out in that case. Stubbornness in the face of mistakes does not a good game make. When video game companies stop listening to the fans/consumers is generally when things start to go wrong, it's happened so many times. 

If the community is consistent with complaints they will ultimately have to listen. Even if it is 10 years down the line. Or if they compromise and have a profile picture and a 3D modelled version like I mentioned... they both fulfil different functions after all. A 3D model will never mimic a photo as well as a photo.

I also think SI know this is a bad feature which is why they double-down so hard on it being irreversible. 

We had this discussion last year and even if it's brought up in the forum more than once, it's just a minority who seems not to accept it as it is. 

It will not come back. 

It's pure speculation or wishful thinking, that SI knows "that this is a bad feature". 

When they made such decisions it's usually for the future, so we have to wait and see what will come in the next 2 or 3 years. 

I have not seen one person who either requested this change or thinks it adds anything to the game. I really don't think it's a minority. A poll would be interesting.

SI have gone back on things before. Would not be in the least surprised if this is reversed 5 years from now. Especially if it continues to look awful and do nothing but detract from the game. Of course they'll defend it to the grave whilst its still a relatively new feature. It's objectively terrible though so it surely won't stay forever and I can't envision a time when FM graphics will be good enough to justify it. 

Anyway I'll leave it for now. Will be back to criticise in when FM20 comes out and my in-game manager still looks like death warmed up.

I don't like this feature and I will NEVER EVER use it, but as long as it is modable I don't see it as a major issue, BUT if it was compulsory I would never buy again.

I'm happily using my preferred picture, first thing I did when saw option wasn't in game.

12 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

I don't like this feature and I will NEVER EVER use it, but as long as it is modable I don't see it as a major issue, BUT if it was compulsory I would never buy again.

I'm happily using my preferred picture, first thing I did when saw option wasn't in game.

How did you manage that? Same mod that was posted here previously?

7 minutes ago, TheMaestro88 said:

How did you manage that? Same mod that was posted here previously?

If you mean this one the yes, just d/l it and it's the same name, been on my external drive so wasn't sure where i got it from, when i first posted
 in this topic

21 hours ago, KUBI said:

This will probably work in FM 2019 too:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm18-add-manager-pic-mod.html

I never saw the suggestion: "Hey. We want 3D faces for our manager. And please remove the option to have a picture. Thanks." in the feature requests section. 

Next time it's probably: "Hey. We want 3D faces for the players. And please remove the option to use a facepack for the players. Thanks."

10 minutes ago, mrrobot said:

I never saw the suggestion: "Hey. We want 3D faces for our manager. And please remove the option to have a picture. Thanks." in the feature requests section. 

Next time it's probably: "Hey. We want 3D faces for the players. And please remove the option to use a facepack for the players. Thanks."

Don't give them these ideas :/

vor 10 Minuten schrieb mrrobot:

A lot of suggestions from the forum are already in the game. But the developers also need there own ideas how this game should be in 2, 3, 4 years. A lot of features are taking 2 years or more before they can be fully implemented. If old features are removed we should accept it. Especially after this was already discussed a year ago.

I get that you're a mod and probably have to toe the party line but there's absolutely no reason to just accept it. Fans have every right to criticise bad decisions about a product they love... this is a forum after all.

As I've said before, SI have to defend it now because its still a relatively new feature. Five years from now when it still looks like garbage and is resoundingly reviled by fans they may well change their tune. It's barely even PS1 quality at this point and it just highlights how far FM is behind most other games graphically.  I know it's a long-term thing but it's decades away from being good enough. Even if you think it's a step in the right direction it should not have been released in its current form. It adds nothing and is just a bit embarrassing. 

I understand that a lot of time has probably been put into developing it so they're not gonna want to throw it away. Most people, myself included, aren't even calling for it to be removed. I've got no problem with seeing a 3D version of myself on match day. If implemented properly that would be kind of cool. But there's no reason that 3D model has to be my profile picture too. Surely for realism's sake it makes sense for them to be separate anyway? Even if FM had Fifa-esque graphics I'd still prefer my profile picture to be an actual picture of me. What's the point of simulating something that you can have for real? It kills the immersion and immersion is central to every who plays the game... which is why I don't think I've ever heard anything positive said about it before.

If fans keep on criticising eventually something will change. 

While I do agree of the notion it should be possible to use images as the avatar in the game, why is this such a big deal? Do you often go into your profile to look at your own picture? I just don't get it....? Can someone explain it to me?

46 minutes ago, XaW said:

While I do agree of the notion it should be possible to use images as the avatar in the game, why is this such a big deal? Do you often go into your profile to look at your own picture? I just don't get it....? Can someone explain it to me?

I agree the manager part isn't a big deal. I don't need to see my picture, really.

The bigger problem is the newgens using the same, sub-standard model.

23 minutes ago, DP said:

I agree the manager part isn't a big deal. I don't need to see my picture, really.

The bigger problem is the newgens using the same, sub-standard model.

Yeah, there should be more variation, but at least they are better than FM18!

2 hours ago, XaW said:

It pops up in the news feed enough times to become an annoyance. Especially when you win as many manager of the month as often as I do ;) And it could be so easily remedied, which is where the frustration comes from.

2 minutes ago, frenchdog93 said:

It pops up in the news feed enough times to become an annoyance. Especially when you win as many manager of the month as often as I do ;) And it could be so easily remedied, which is where the frustration comes from.

Heh, well, I guess I don't win enough to see it... :ackter:

For those who want their manager photo in the game, instead of the 3D model. Download one of the FM 19 Base Skins, and put it in: "Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\skins\".

Then download the manager picture mod from FM 18 (it works in FM19 as well), and put inside the base skin folder that you downloaded.

FM 19 Base Skins

FM 18 Picture Mod

All credits to michaeltmurrayuk.

8 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Are there sliders to modify face generated and fine tune mouth, nose, chin etc? I think there were in earlier versions but couldn't find them in beta...If they are still there, how do I access them ...

Yes, there are. You access them via the drop-down menu next to "Randomise Face", as shown here.

hphejhz.png

11 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Yes, there are. You access them via the drop-down menu next to "Randomise Face", as shown here.

hphejhz.png

So you can generate initial 3D model from photo and then fine tune via randomise face?

Thanks for that.......didn't consider trying what you suggested as I interepret Randomise face in literal sense - it produces a random face! Very misleading terminology if that is the option you need to select to modify a 3D model previously generated from a photo!

Archived