Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mhaffy

FM19 Coach Key attributes needed for new categories

In training, defending and attacking are now split tactical, technical. What are the key attributes that a coach needs for tactical and technical as presumably they are different. Determination, discipline and motivation presumably still important for all areas but the further  key attributes for the various categories would be worth knowing rather than trial and error.

Go with what your gut instinct tells you, see how you get on :thup:.

That may seem like a non-answer but the game (and advice) is moving away from painting by numbers to something more natural and organic.  Sure there will still be ways to min/max things and I'm sure those strategies will develop in due course, but the design intention is to let us simply play the game rather than trying to connect the "best" dots.

Training > Coaches > Edit Coach Assignments

This page should show you the attributes a coach requires for each category.

Herne is correct, but I think this is one bit of info we can provide :)

tbh I've always thought the weakness of the coach assignment system in recent versions has been that it was entirely paint-by-numbers with the lead coach but pretending not to be by hiding it behind a calculation.

would much rather one obvious coaching attribute governed actual coaching ability in the relevant area and other attributes just had subtle background effects on morale, chance of misbehaviour and personalities which acted differently on different players.

Edited by enigmatic

53 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

tbh I've always thought the weakness of the coach assignment system in recent versions has been that it was entirely paint-by-numbers with the lead coach but pretending not to be by hiding it behind a calculation.

would much rather one obvious coaching attribute governed actual coaching ability in the relevant area and other attributes just had subtle background effects on morale, chance of misbehaviour and personalities which acted differently on different players.

Get it posted in the feature request section :thup:

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Get it posted in the feature request section :thup:

I'll probably see how the current one plays out first. :) 

There's always been a part of me that an attacking coach would probably still benefit (especially tactically) by not being a complete schlub when it comes to understanding the defensive aspect of the game :P

10 hours ago, enigmatic said:

I'll probably see how the current one plays out first. :) 

It's not a bad thought, and chances are as time passes you will forget that you had it

Which means that you wont post it feature requests

Even if at the end of the day SI decide they dont like it/cant use it

It was there for them TO decide on

So far so good with new training, coaching category changes etc. Seems like a good base to build on....