Sports Interactive Community
darren1983

The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

1362260206_BariBadge.png.e7345b162c9867bbffb5c2893d58ec41.png

Bari - Season 2021_22

1241103842_BariPerformanceSummary2021_22.thumb.png.d1b9f79faf0be80cb50f25bc30b65626.png

1726393053_BariFacilities2021_22.thumb.png.c775efaf511a769ff028ffb135d91576.png

Serie B - A great season. We became champions in the last match.

TIM Cup - We were knocked out in the fourth round.

Financial summary

Transfers nobody in, of course, or out.

My best scorer was a striker  Simone Simeri for the second successive season with 19 goals and two assists and the player with the best overall average rating was my left midfielder Giuseppe De Donatis with an average rating of 7.60.

It looks like an "interesting" youth intake with the three most promising being Giovanni Peer , a fickle striker, Fabrizio Perri who is a temperamental central defender and Alessandro D'Avino  , a fairly ambitious striker.

With promotion to Serie A I'm hoping for a better result than when I last tried this challenge.

XaW - Undrið FF - 2025

2560px-Undri%C3%B0_FF_logo.svg.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I only lost one first team player this season.

7jk0t7b.png

Quite annoying, but we'll survive. I did release a whole bunch of youngsters that I don't think are anywhere near making the cut. The season itself went quite good and we were part of the group of 4 teams fighting for the European spots along KÍ Klaksvík, NSÍ Runavík and ÍF Fuglafjørður. The four of us left the rest of the teams behind early on and fought among ourselves. I've gotten a bit more control with the conceded goals, since we actually conceded 11 goals less this season, but we still have a lot to go to be comparable to the rest. In the end we finished in 4th after losing the 3rd spot on the final day. And I were quite annoyed when I saw that I had missed out on Europe since relegated B68 Toftir had won the Løgmanssteypið and take our spot! So no Europe next season, but hopefully we can qualify soon again.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat FC Suðuroy before losing to B68 Toftir in the quarter final.

This season we also made our debut in Europe since we qualified for the Europa League last season. We started in the 1st qualifying round were we faced KF Shkëndija of North Macedonia. In a surprising turn of events we beat them 3-1 in both legs to go through. In the 2nd qualifying round we drew FC Vaduz of Liechtenstein (though they are playing in the Swiss league). They beat us 0-1 at our place and 2-1 in Liechtenstein and knocked us out. Still, we brought in a lot of money and that have allowed the board to accept improvements to both youth and training facilities for the off season.

We had a spectacular youth intake this season with a lot of talented players. The standouts are Martin Poulsen 25a and Ragnar Jacobsen 25b.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 33 apps
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 31 apps
Mathias Olsen 22b / Pætur Hansen 20e - 30 apps

Most goals:
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 15 goals
Mathias Olsen 22b - 9 goals
Pætur Hansen 20e / Martin Poulsen 25a - 6 goals

Most assists:
Mathias Olsen 22b - 11 assists
Jákup Jacobsen 24f / Niklas Gaardbo 23a / Pætur Hansen 20e - 5 assists
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 4 assists

Highest average rating:
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7.51
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.35
Niklas Gaardbo 23a - 7.23

Season    Division             Position     Løgmanssteypið    Europe              Notes and Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019      1. delid             1st          N/A               N/A                 Promoted as champions
2020      Effodeildin          6th          Quarter final     N/A                 Avoided relegation
2021      Effodeildin          10th         Quarter final     N/A                 Relegated
2022      1. delid             1st          Semi final        N/A                 Promoted as champions
2023      Effodeildin          5th          Quarter final     N/A                 Mid-table
2024      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Qualified for Europe
2025      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Just off the European spots

XaW - Undrið FF - 2026

This season we lost 3 of the best players before the season even started.

tC8OCVu.pngUZfdCok.png9KVI2QK.png

So, that was a kick in the teeth. The two first were also the best ones from the newest intake and the hopes I had for the season went down a bit. The season started good, but not great. KÍ Klaksvík ran away with the league from the get go, so it was up to the rest of us to fight for the rest for the remaining European spots. My main competitors were NSÍ Runavík, ÍF Fuglafjørður and 07 Vestur. The fight were tough, but in the end we finished in a very decent 4th place and qualified for Europe for the 2nd time.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Víkingur Gøta, 07 Vestur and EB/Streymur to reach our first final. Here we lost 1-3 to a very strong KÍ Klaksvík side.

The youth intake this season were nothing sort of spectacular. The improvement I've gotten accepted the last few seasons are really giving back now. The best ones this season are Leivur Olsen 26aJóhan Jacobsen 26b and Bogi Olsen 26j.

Now, There are some strange tings in the squad now. I have Bogi Olsen 19l (central defender) and Bogi Olsen 26j (left defender). I also have Pætur Hansen 20e (right midfielder) and Pætur Hansen 25i (striker). So things are getting confusing.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 32 apps
Bogi Olsen 19l - 26(1) apps
Sonni Mortensen 25j - 25(1) apps

Most goals:
Pætur Hansen 25i / Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 14 goals
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7 goals
Rani Nolsøe 24g - 6 goals

Most assists:
Pætur Hansen 25i - 9 assists
Sonni Mortensen 25j / Mathias Olsen 22b - 6 assists
Rani Nolsøe 24g / Pætur Hansen 20e / Árni Olsen 20h - 5 assists

Highest average rating:
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7.41
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.18
Rani Nolsøe 24g / Pætur Hansen 25i - 7.13

Season    Division             Position     Løgmanssteypið    Europe              Notes and Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019      1. delid             1st          N/A               N/A                 Promoted as champions
2020      Effodeildin          6th          Quarter final     N/A                 Avoided relegation
2021      Effodeildin          10th         Quarter final     N/A                 Relegated
2022      1. delid             1st          Semi final        N/A                 Promoted as champions
2023      Effodeildin          5th          Quarter final     N/A                 Mid-table
2024      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Qualified for Europe
2025      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Just off the European spots
2026      Effodeildin          4th          Runner-up         N/A                 Qualified for Europe

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

...  This season we lost 3 of the best players before the season even started ...

That’s a total pain. It happened to me all the time on my first attempt at this challenge so I’ve started offering virtually all my youth players professional contracts ASAP.

4 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

That’s a total pain. It happened to me all the time on my first attempt at this challenge so I’ve started offering virtually all my youth players professional contracts ASAP.

I would, but....

pLSjeOe.png

I can't offer anything other than non-contracts... to anyone! I've decided to save money now, and try to turn the club professional as soon as possible. 

32 minutes ago, XaW said:

I would, but....

I can't offer anything other than non-contracts... to anyone! I've decided to save money now, and try to turn the club professional as soon as possible. 

Oh ... I understand now.

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Season 2041 Report

Although I got an email saying that we had qualified for the Europa League this season, this was not true apparently. This was therefore not to be our first European adventure, but we could still focus on improving our position in the league and actually qualifying for next year!

Cup- Easy wins against lower league Mo 5-1 and Kolstad 5-0 saw us get a really tough draw in the 3rd round with Tromsø, a decent team from our division who we had to play away from home. We put in a pretty awful performance and lost 3-0. Another disappointing year in the cup but I guess I can blame it on the tough draw somewhat.

League- We went through spells of good and bad form but pretty much stuck in the Europa League places of 3rd-5th for almost the entire season. With a couple games to go we secured European qualification and still had a shot at 2nd but a very rough string of fixtures saw us finish with three straight losses and come 4th. Still, a definite improvement on last year and we are actually qualified for Europe this time!

Best Players-

Top goalscorer: Eirik Gunderson 39B (17 goals) This guy came completely out of nowhere. Our star striker from last season and European Golden Boy winner Andreas Samuelsen 37F picked up lots of injuries and missed over a third of the season, meaning young Eirik got some first team chances. He smashed in 5 in his first two games in the cup, then I discovered he could actually take penalties with an attribute of 14! he scored literally 8 of them from 8 attempts throughout the season. After a few penalties he began scoring a couple of actual legitimate goals in proper league games and he ended up as the top goalscorer! My other striker Emil Liebe-Hart 36C was not far behind with 16.

Most assists: Emil Liebe-Hart 36C (9 assists) Solid effort from this guy who was consistent in creating and scoring goals all season.

Highest avg rating: Emil Liebe-Hart 36C (7.28)

Most POM: Marius Sundal 36E (6) Another good season from the young fullback who wins this award back to back

MVP: Emil Liebe-Hart 36C (16 goals, 9 assists, 5 POM, 7.28 avg rating)

Best U23 Player: Emil Liebe-Hart 36C as he's 21. Honorable mention to Marius Sundal 36E (3 goals, 7 assists, 6 POM, 7.28 avg rating)

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

A good season overall with clear progress since last year. Next year I think we can challenge for the top 2 and a Champions League place as long as we don't have too many injuries and Rosenborg and Molde don't run away with it too easily! Our stadium is being expanded currently and we constantly have facility upgrades going.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |    Top assists          |    Highest avg rating|     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)        Bransdal(8)               Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)        Östman/Nilsen(7)          Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)        Rosendal/Nilsen(6)        Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)        Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)     Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table
2023   1st Division      14th      1st Round        -         Bransdal(9)         Nilsen(5)                 Nilsen(7.08)            Relegated
2024   2nd Division       2nd      3rd Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(9)                 Bright-Taylor(7.51)     PROMOTION
2025   1st Division      15th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(10)        Harviken(7)               Nilsen(7.14)            Relegated
2026   2nd Division       2nd      1st Round        -         Langåker(17)        Harviken(11)              Granhaug(7.58)          PROMOTION
2027   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(9)         Nilsen(7)                 Nilsen(7.21)            Mid Table
2028   1st Division       8th      4th Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(7)                 Nilsen(7.23)            Mid Table
2029   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Krogstad(11)        Nilsen/Hoel(7)            Hoel(7.09)              Mid Table
2030   1st Division       8th      1st Round        -         Furthi(11)          Rygh(4)                   Furthi(7.10)            Mid Table
2031   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Langåker/Furthi(15) Hoel(9)                   Hoel(7.23)              PROMOTION
2032   Premier Div.      14th      4th Round        -         Furthi(8)           Rytterager(6)             Knudtzon(7.04)          Relegated
2033   1st Division       5th      4th Round        -         Furthi/Krogstad(8)  Hoel/Jakhelln(6)          Auklend(7.13)           Playoffs
2034   1st Division       8th      2nd Round        -         Furthi(10)          Hoel/Knudtzon(5)          Knudtzon(7.28)          Mid Table
2035   1st Division       4th      Semi final       -         Jakelln/Ferrer(11)  Hoel(11)                  Jakelln(7.23)           Playoffs
2036   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Jakelln(7)          Hoel/Vraalsen(7)          Knudtzon(7.22)          Playoffs
2037   1st Division       7th      4th Round        -         Aune(8)             Haaland(6)                Knudtzon(7.21)          Mid Table
2038   1st Division       1st      1st Round        -         Sandvik(15)         Aabel(8)                  Aabel(7.32)             PROMOTION
2039   Premier Div.       9th      Quarter final    -         Liebe-Hart(14)      Aabel(11)                 Aabel(7.24)             Mid Table
2040   Premier Div.       6th      3rd Round        -         Samuelsen(17)       Sundal/Paulsberg/L-H(6)   Sundal(7.24)            Top Half
2041   Premier Div.       4th      3rd Round        -         Gundersen(17)       Liebe-Hart(9)             Liebe-Hart(7.28)        EL Qual

XaW - Undrið FF - 2027

So KÍ Klaksvík keeps using us as their youth academy...

VBKKcds.pngVLPZ6Ly.png

z7fFA1p.pngWYZUFso.png

I really can't wait to be professional! All requests have been denied so far, but I'll keep asking! The season went quite well regardless of the missing players, but we struggle against the 3 professional sides in the league. Still, in the end we beat ÍF Fuglafjørður and finished in a strong 3rd place this season. So back to Europe for next season.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat B36 Tórshavn and EB/Streymur before losing to KÍ Klaksvík in the semi finals.

We had another stint in Europe this season and we started in the preliminary rounds of the Europa League. Our first opponent were Shirak of Armenia. We beat them 3-1 at home and then 5-4 in a spectacle in Gyumri. In the 1st qualifying round we faced Schachzjor Salihorsk of Belarus. We crushed them 5-1 at home, and that was enough to go through even though we lost 4-2 away. In the 2nd qualifying round we faced Sankt Gallen of Switzerland. We held them to a 1-1 away, but narrowly lost 1-2 at home to go out. Still, a great run from the lads.

This years youth intake was pretty strong again with some very talented players. The main ones are Rúni Eliasen 27a and Petur Mikkelsen 27g.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 37 apps
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 33(2) apps
Pætur Hansen 20e - 32(1) apps

Most goals:
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 24 goals
Pætur Hansen 20e - 11 goals
Ólavur Mohr 26l / Pætur Hansen 25i - 10 goals

Most assists:
Pætur Hansen 20e - 10 assists
Sonni Mortensen 25j / Mathias Olsen 22b - 6 assists
Bárður Joensen 25d - 5 assists

Highest average rating:
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 7.27
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7.27
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.18

2025      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     EL 2nd qual         Just off the European spots
2026      Effodeildin          4th          Runner-up         N/A                 Qualified for Europe
2027      Effodeildin          3rd          Semi final        EL 2nd qual         Qualified for Europe

XaW - Undrið FF - 2028

This winter we only lost a single player!

H8OcJWV.png

I mean, it was one of our best defenders, but still, only one lost! Managing to keep the most of the squad game me confidence before the season. The media have finally caught up and expected a top half finish from us, instead of the normal "relegation scrap" they usually expect. However, we went beyond that. From the get go, the team played amazingly, and we kept quite a lot of clean sheets. And we soon had a pretty good gap down to the other teams. Of course, it helped quite a bit that KÍ Klaksvík failed to win any of their first 5 matches, but I'll take the positives still. As the season went into the latter part we still kept winning and clinched the title with several matches left. Finally, a title! And qualification for the Champions League is a nice bonus! We still aren't professional though, and I keep pestering them about it.

In the Løgmanssteypið we lost to ÍF Fuglafjørður in the 1st round.

We had another attempt in Europe this season and started in the Europa League 1st qualification round. Here we faced Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar. They got dispatched quite easily 5-0 and 4-0. In the 2nd qualification round we drew Dinamo Brest of Belarus. We held them to 1-1 away, but suffered a heavy 1-5 loss at home after getting 3(!) players sent off. Dinamo also had a man sent off, so I blame horrible refereeing!

The youth intake this season were not as exciting as the last few years, but not bad. My coaches rate Ari Johannesen 28b and Jóhan Petersen 28e the most.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 32 apps
Pætur Hansen 25i - 29 apps
Ólavur Mohr 26l - 28(1) apps

Most goals:
Ólavur Mohr 26l - 26 goals
Pætur Hansen 25i - 16 goals
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 11 goals

Most assists:
Jan Joensen 19j - 12 assists
Bogi Olsen 26j / Pætur Hansen 20e - 9 assists
Rani Nolsøe 24g - 8 assists

Highest average rating:
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.96
Bogi Olsen 26j - 7.68
Ólavur Mohr 26l - 7.49

2025      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     EL 2nd qual         Just off the European spots
2027      Effodeildin          3rd          Semi final        EL 2nd qual         Qualified for Europe
2028      Effodeildin          1st          1st round         EL 2nd qual         Champions and qualified for CL

XaW - Undrið FF - 2029

We kept all the players I wanted this summer, so things were looking good for us. We ran away early on, along KÍ Klaksvík while the rest were a bit behind. Being semi-pro we had a disadvantage, but the players kept playing great match in and match out. Going into the final match we were 2 points ahead of KÍ Klaksvík, but were up against a tough opponent away to ÍF Fuglafjørður. We conceded within the first 15 minutes, but equalised shortly after. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the win, and then when KÍ Klaksvík won their match they took the league on goal difference as well. So close, but no cigar.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Víkingur Gøta and NSÍ Runavík to reach the final. Here we lost 2-0 to KÍ Klaksvík.

Our first try in the Champions League were up when we had another go in Europe. We started in the 1st qualification round against FK Aktobe of Kazakhstan. We beat them 3-0 away and followed it up with a 2-1 at home. In the 2nd qualification round we faced Olimpija Ljubljana of Slovenia. A 2-2 draw away lead up to an amazing 5-2 in the islands. In the 3rd qualification round we drew Young Boys of Switzerland. We lost heavily 1-4 at home, but held them to 1-0 away. Then we headed into the Europa League were we had a rematch against Olimpija Ljubljana of Slovenia. We drew 1-1 at home, but lost 3-1 away to go out. So close to the group stage, but no.

At the end of the season I had a very welcome message:

V0pmCXs.png

We are going pro, baby!

The youth intake this season were very good. The coaches rate Rógvi Jacobsen 29b and Eirikur Joensen 29c the most.

bBj3fJl.png

Would be fun, but not yet!

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 40 apps
Pætur Hansen 20e - 34 apps
Pætur Hansen 25i - 33(2) apps

Most goals:
Ólavur Mohr 26l - 19 goals
Ari Johannesen 28b - 13 goals
Pætur Hansen 25i - 11 goals

Most assists:
Bogi Olsen 26j - 12 assists
Petur Mikkelsen 27g - 9 assists
Rani Nolsøe 24g / Pætur Hansen 20e / Jan Joensen 19j - 8 assists

Highest average rating:
Bogi Olsen 26j - 7.61
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.51
Petur Mikkelsen 27g - 7.43

2028      Effodeildin          1st          1st round         EL 2nd qual         Champions and qualified for CL
2029      Effodeildin          2nd          Runner-up         CL 3rd q/EL 4th q   Good European run, close to a new title
Edited by XaW

549183155_rapidlogo.jpg.d573b0d257a8b1855833f2a2b98c58db.jpg

FC Rapid Bucheresti

Season 2019/20

League   Youth Intake   Finances  Transfers

Decided to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation which suited the team with many AMC's and not many striker options to choose from. Overall quality of the team was strong for the 2nd division with some really quality youngsters with 5 star potential. Full disclosure - two players were signed in the preseason,  none by me and both were prior me taking over. Prior to transfer deadline my board accepted a bid for one of my 5 star potential youngsters for $55k which ended up being peanuts. 

Started the season well and never really looked back. Clinched promotion into the top league with 4 games to go playing a pretty young squad week in week out. Finances are a worry as I started with a balance of $120k and ended up in the red by $250k despite being under payroll budget by a fair bit so wasn't able to upgrade any facilities or anything. Didn't get any cash injections either.

Next season hoping to stay up in the first division, there's only 14 teams with 3 getting relegated so it should be a tough challenge to stay up.

Just a note: I did a youth academy only challenge but a tad different to the ones here. I'm in 2128 and I've been to 10 CL finals, lost them all (get your jokes in).

I did this challenge in Lesotho with Liphakoe. Basically the rules I modified are that I managed an international team at one point and rebought players. I changed it a bit to make it so I can only buy players who generated at my club.

So if I win eventually, I don't qualify for the hall of fame BUT I still feel like I accomplished something with this save.

Edited by Marazola

1654102768_rapidlogo.jpg.eab1247060448c882714aff73e6ac5f3.jpg

FC Rapid

Season 2 - 2020/21

My first time coaching in Romania (top league) and boy was I surprised! thought it would be a quick 13 game season but nope, a further 10 more matches in a championship play off. Anyhow, season went significantly better than expected finishing in 3rd spot after the first part of the league. Never really challenged for top spot but was in either 2nd or 3rd for majority of the season.

Finances were a worry especially after getting knocked out early in the cup so wasn't able to upgrade anything. That was until PSG got interested in my 18 DC Stan in the January window. First part of the negotiations they offered $700k non negotiable which I rejected, Stan was disappointed but they came back and I got $2.5m a 50% sell on clause and a friendly out them which allowed me to upgrade our training facilities and youth facilities.  Also managed to start a couple of training courses as well but after that my balance is back to $0.  This now leaves me with no good DC's nor any with decent potential either. 

Anyways, back to the championship playoff, I wasn't close enough to 1st spot so just wanted to consolidate my 3rd position to qualify for the Euro Cup.  In the next 10 games I went 4 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses to finish in second.

Youth intake in wasn't anything I really needed, some 5 star potential CM's which im kinda full of.  Really need 2 DC's to replace the two ive sold in the past two season.

The Romanian league improved 6 spots to be the 14th best in Europe meaning we get 2 spots in the Champions League (1 last season) and 3 in the Euro Cup (2 last season) so that gives me more to aim for.

League Standings 1&2  Finances

Posted (edited)

714438787_rapidlogo.jpg.8a78f008dd93e9c50635adb092d72394.jpg

FC Rapid

Season 3 - 2021/22

League Tables   Transfers  Youth Intake   

Season started off with Euro Cup qualifiers, first qualifying round I beat Shakhtar Soligorsk 6 - 4 on aggregate, then had AEK in the second round and dispatched them 4-0 at home in the first leg and 6 - 2 overall. Third round matched us against Ufa of Russia which I expected to get knocked out especially after a 2-2 draw at home but a 5-1 demolition away put in the last round before the group stage. The draw was somewhat kind to us as we had Ludogrets of Bulgaria. This time we were away first and in a tough game we came away with a 1-1 draw. At home were deserving winners 2-1. In the group stage we had Napoli, Spartak Moscow and Standard Liege. I think we held our own even tho we only got 2 points out of the 6 games. Apart from the two games against Napoli, we were in with a chance to win those games but luck wasn't on our side.   I wasn't too fussed tho, by then our bank balance from this competition was close to $6m which made me regret selling Stan to PSG last season.

In the league we struggled as the games were coming thick and fast and the depth of the team really isn't there to be competing in so many games.  We were hovering around mid table all the way towards the end of Nov start of Dec and were about 9th going into the xmas break. The summer break is exactly what we needed as the games after that were roughly 1 game per week. This is where we made our charge, we won against the top teams in the last 5 games after xmas which helped up finish fifth and out us into the champions play off. The fine run of results continued and in the next 8 games we went 7 wins and 1 draw to put us 1st with 2 games left and a 4 point gap to 2nd. We ended up losing the next two games but were crowned champions!  Really feel like we stole this and somewhat underserved the way this league is set up but hey, i'll take it!

We made significant improvements thanks to our new found income stream and managed to buy the stadium we were renting - 14k capacity. Also improved training and youth facilities and youth recruitment.

The youth intake was ok, I a least have a DC I can work on and potentially a striker as well. Our current squad had some developments, young Taturu is the preferred GK and 17yo Cioalca 20B came out of nowhere and developed into a 4 star CA so trained him up to play wing as well.  Another MC Enescu 21A also turned into a 3 star CA which is great. Still lacking in depth so next season will be a challenge with the champions league or Euro cup depending how qualification goes.

Didn't lose any players I didn't want to, sold a 17yo MC that wasn't going to get much love for a decent fee.

Edited by SkiIIs

1546713089_rapidlogo.jpg.a910d5a9e797d86bef0d247ac6d6ab95.jpg

FC Rapid

Season 4 - 2022/23

Leagues   Youth Intake   Transfers

Season started with winning the Romanian Super Cup in penalties against FCSB.

Winning the league last year got me to the Champions League playoff 3rd phase which put us against Celtic. Their squad had half a dozen non greyed out players all with players way above our standard so thought this would be a quick campaign. First leg at home we smashed them 4 - 0, totally surprising but well deserved. Second leg played a few squad players trying to juggle the league and lost 2 nil but that put us in the final playoff before the group stages. The draw was kind and we were paired with Apol Limassol of Cyprus which we won 6 - 1 over the two legs. Group stage put us in the group of death but then again any group would be group of death for us, Man City, Juve and Monaco. We managed 2 home draws against Man city and Monaco at home but weren't disgraced in the other 4 losses.

The League was similar to last season, during the European campaign we struggled in the league but once knocked out with games being played once a week, we did quite well. We finished 3rd in the first part of the season but 10 points away from first. 3 games into the champions play off section we hit top spot and played against Craiova who were second. We lost at home and then Craoiva never looked back.  We kept consistent after that and finished second which got us Champions league football again next season.   The Romanian league improved to 11th in Euro coefficients meaning there are 3 spots in the champions league next year. 

Wasn't overly pleased with the youth intake, got another DC to work with but thought we'd get better players coming through since we've seriously improved our facilities and youth recruitment. Thinking it might be the HOYD who is also a Director of the club which I cannot replace.  His stats aren't great. Would love some advice here if anyone is reading?  is it worth changing the responsibilities to a u19 coach or something?

Expanded the stadium capacity to 18.5k, improved both training and youth facilities and have a bank balance of 20m

rapid logo.jpg

Vikeologist's Viikingit Skol Skool 2019 Report

Image result for viikingit fc

Why does every Finnish team sound like a sexually transmitted disease?

No screenshots, just the guff. I mean, if somebody specifically requests a screenshot of something….

If it’s not obvious, this youth challenge is just about the team name.

I know that @The_Gato_In_Goal did Viikingit as well. I'll only be reading his reports in retrospect, but thanks, Gato, for tipping me off with your challenge that a Viking (almost) named team was in play for this challenge. Who knows. Maybe he only did one season.

Update: Ah, I see Zymberi left the club in the first season. If that was Gato's choice, maybe it's cruel to have him tagged into the report.:)

Interestingly the team has 2 sets of brothers. Not come across that before.

It looked as though we were going to walk away with the league at the very first time of asking. We thrashed all our fellow divisioners in the league cup, and went all the way to the quarter final where we lost narrowly to HJK who ended up winning the Premier League.

Unfortunately, KTP caught up with us in the league after it seemed as though it would be a cakewalk, closing at least a 6 point gap. We went into the last day in 2nd place, 2 points behind them. We needed to win, and for them not to. We did our bit, but they closed the deal.

So to the playoffs. At least it should be a bit of extra money, and if we hadn't been promoted, not necessarily the end of the world. I must admit, I got rid of most of the promotion wage increases just in case.

So to the playoff against KPV. We were the better team in both legs, but both ended 1-1, so to extra time where we got the winner, and for better or worse, we will be in the top division next season.

Top Goalscorer - Behar Zymberi – 24

Supposedly my 3rd best striker when I took over, and played in an unsuitable role.

Highest Average Rating - Jere Pulkkinen 7.68

A full back

Man of the Match - Behar Zymberi – 5

MVP - Behar Zymberi

Most Promising Player (MPP) - Simon Thurling

My 24 year old midfield general, though he’s obviously fairly near his potential already. Basically, my future wonderkids are still in the post.

Youth Intake

Not sure there’s really all that much to say about the first intake. The top 5 guys were all strikers, or that’s how they’ll be used even where it’s not their best position, and may well be useful eventually. We were thin on the ground up front, so 2 of them were utilised as subs for the final matches of the season, though they got little actual time on the pitch.

There’s 4 from the intake who are basically neck and neck so far behind my 3 starters.

Of them Ari Ollikainen (YP1e) has got the most 1st team time (23 whole minutes), largely because he’s good at free kicks. In theory anyway.

I also needed defenders, but I only got 1 guy who is a 4th choice emergency. I’m not exactly thrilled when the 3rd choice sees action, so fingers crossed for next year.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
2019	First Division 		2nd		Narrowly beaten to title. promoted through playoffs with extra time goal. Cup Q/F

Edited by vikeologist

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Youth Intake 2042

We've hit the jackpot boys!

7D5VtJM.png

This guy looks incredible:

27KPE7U.png

The best player on my team already at the age of 16. Hopefully we can keep him for at least a season or two!