The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

zW6KgEF.png

Youth Intake 2032

A second year in a row with a very good intake and in a position we need. Ilpo Kärkkäinen (14a) is another incredible player and we desperately needed depth in the midfield. Marnick Ramaekers (14b) will be retrained as a left winger due to a need there, but it's interesting to see a Belgian come through due to our GK coach. Kim Laitinen (14c) has decent potential as well and could help us out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, kingjericho said:

@XaW you seem to have stabilised and improved a lot lately, are you still using the 4-4-2?

Yeah, only minor tweaks every now and then. Still hoofing the ball up and hoping for the best, but it works pretty good.

6 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Can you show me your setup? I'm using the base "Wing Play" but it struggles against teams who sit back...

tv0a9ih.png

This is what I use as a base. Then change up depending on the players I have available. I usually swap around the striker roles, but I always keep one AF. I do small changes each game though, so no plug-and-play here.

I had a great start in the Championship, but lately we have been struggling.

dEsKpjC.png

U1Uuv3T.png

Chemnitzer FC - Season 1

Squad - Youth Intake - Manager Profile - Transfers - League Table - Facilities

After 3 years with Farsley Celtic I have given up on that save, they were too financially poor and starting with such meager facilities meant 3 years of mid table finishes and not a single youth player worth playing.

I've headed to Germany as I've never played a save there, and this year seems like the year to try. There are some oddities though, you don't seem to be able to play youth players until they sign full contracts at 17 and there seems to be no cup that you can play in at this level, which may be a bug?

Chemnitzer definitely have a better starting position than Farsley with some reasonable facilities. We finished 11th in the first season which isnt bad but a bad run at the end made me drop a lot of places from the 6th or so I was hoping for.

I had three incomin transfers I couldn't cancel as they were already confirmed, they weren't great tbh so haven't had much of an impact. My youth intake was decent too compared to Farsley. Markus Bloos looks a potential player once I get his determination sorted out. Lennart Bade has a poor starting point but 19 determination in a youngster is some lovely stuff. Other tagged are Tom Vogler a pacey winger, Marcel Aulinger a GK, and Benjamin Buhl a Fullback i will convert to CB.

Much more hopeful about this save, and the board have already allowed me to improve the youth recruitment, which is probably the last thing I will be able to do before the finances get too *****.

Season Team Country League Position Training Facilities Youth Facilities Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment Badges Etc.
2018 Chemnitzer Germany 3.Liga 11th Average Average Average Above Average (+) National C + B

Bishop's Stortford

2021-2022 Season

m8pINIu.png

Table | TransfersFinances | Facilities | First Team

We ended up getting moved to the Vanarama North this year. What started out as a strong run in the league led us to another playoff spot with us finishing in 5th. We changed back to a 5-2-3 WB this year to help shore us up defensively, and while our goal difference improved slightly compared to last year, our away form held us back significantly. I'm likely going to switch back to our 4-2-3-1 from last year as our defense has improved a bit and that formation gave us a lot more wins on the road, which we could use. We ended up losing 3-1 in our first playoff game at home regardless, mostly due to terrible finishing - 4 clear cut chances and 3 half chances and only converting one of them is pretty painful to watch.

While the league felt a bit like we were treading water this year, the FA cup gave us plenty to get excited about. The team went on a bit of a dream run, making it all the way up to the Third Round before getting knocked out by Walsall. The Second Round Replay against Barnet away was probably one of the most exciting games I've seen in FM to date. With the team down 4-2, we lose Renee-Pringle to a broken collarbone in the 78th minute, leaving us at 10 men and down 4-2. Pearson 01a immediately scores 2 in the next 3 minutes and Groves makes a miracle save in injury time to put us through to extra team, where a solid team effort wins us through to penalties. The first 9 penalty takers on each side score, before Groves 00b makes another spectacular diving save to stop a ball going in just off his left post. Westcott then secures our comeback win his shot, putting us through on penalties. This run was amazing for the team financially as well, making us more this year then we spent on upgrading the youth facilities. Due to this influx of cash I've also asked the board to upgrade our youth recruitment, which they've agreed to do.

We ended up transferring our top youth player Pearson 01a off to Blackburn in the Championship for a pittance in the winter, but we secured a 50% sell on clause which will hopefully make the team some cash in a few years. Losing him definitely hurt our chances to move up the table, but our backup striker Ronto stepped up immediately, scoring three hat tricks in three straight games and solidifying his spot in the first team for the rest of the season. I've opted not to renew his contract however, as he's going to be 29 next season and he's asking for more than he's honestly worth, especially as we'll be switching back to a one striker top and we've got some promising youth candidates with some potential that I'd rather start there. Probably the loss that I didn't expect and hurts most, however, is losing our right full-back Renee-Pringle. He's been having a bit of a pout all year due to us lacking depth at midfield, and is refusing to sign a contract since he's 'unhappy' despite his morale sitting pretty high all year. We've got some young players that can fill his role but he's been a pretty important player for us so it'll be hard to replace him.

Key Player

Osadebe ST/AMC, age 23: Our captain Chinedu Osadebe now holds the team record for all-time assists and led the league in average rating with a 7.50 total for the team. He was absolutely phenomenal for us in the FA cup, and his 18 goals and 13 assists on 27 (10) appearances in the league definitely helped us out a lot this year. He'll be moving back to AMC most likely next year as we're fairly limited in that position and we have a lot of young strikers who are ready for first team play.

Youth Intake

Not much to talk about this year with the youth intake. It's still a 'golden generation' according to our Head of Youth Development, but we didn't really need another goalkeeper. There are at least a few players in there that will likely compete for first team slots in a year or two, but no standouts this year.

tcCbwdC.png

Edited by Sheyra

zW6KgEF.png

Season Review 2032

Veikkausliiga | Table | Suomen Cup | EuropeSquad | Transfers | Facilities | Finances | Best XI

Another decent season. Finished 2nd in the league, 1 point behind KuPS. We played them near the end of the season and took a 2-0 lead and threw it away in the second half to lose 3-2, so that really lost us the title. We made it through to the EL group stages again and got some money for that. We actually have a not negligible chance at getting the the knockout rounds due to an easy draw. Rangers, Schalke, and FC Zurich only stand in our way. Rangers are currently dominating the group and we've drawn 1-1 home and away with Schalke and 1-1 away to Zurich as well. That puts us in third at the moment. Junior coaching and youth recruitment continue to go up, but I haven't asked for any facility upgrades since we can't really afford it yet.

Here's the first team picture going into next year in the 4-2-2-2 wide I used last year:

Kladji Adili (01a)

Toni Jussila (05d)            Lasse Siepi (13a)            Jussi Saarinen (10b)            Ville Peltonen (05a)

Robin Pelvas (10a)             Ilpo Kärkkäinen (14a)

Christ Banima (12b)                                                                                Marnick Ramaekers (14b)

Olavi Tallqvist (13b)            Juska Tanska (11a)

Subs: Matti Lähde (03a)     Joel Nykänen (05b)     Mikko Juura (07a)

Season   League    Position   Suomen Cup        Europe    Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment    Achievements/Notes      Top Scorer           Most Assists                     Highest Avg Rating 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019     Ykkonen     2nd      Group Stages       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic     Lost promotion playoff    Touré (13)           Ahonen (10)                      Remes (6.97)
2020     Ykkonen     8th      2nd Round          N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic              N/A              Jmaali (6)           Biga (5)                         Ahonen (6.88)
2021     Ykkonen     4th      Quarterfinal       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic              N/A              Al-Take (01b) (10)   Ahonen (7)                       Adili (01a) (7.05)
2022     Ykkonen     3rd      Group Stages       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic              N/A              Ahonen (10)          Jurvainen (02b) (11)             Jurvainen (02b) (7.10)
2023     Ykkonen     3rd      Quarterfinal       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic              N/A              Lähde (03a) (24)     Jurvainen (02b) (11)             Jurvainen (02b) (7.48)
2024     Ykkonen     2nd      Quarterfinal       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic      Won promotion playoff    Lähde (03a) (25)     Martikainen (04b) (15)           Lähde (03a) (7.28)
2025  Veikkausliiga  11th     Quarterfinal       N/A           Adequate               Poor               Average            Fairly Basic      Won relegation playoff   Lähde (03a) (25)     Jurvainen (02b) (14)             Lähde (03a) (7.11)
2026  Veikkausliiga  5th      Quarterfinal       N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic              N/A              Lähde (03a) (25)     Jurvainen (02b) (21)             Jurvainen (02b) (7.20)
2027  Veikkausliiga  5th      2nd Round          N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic              N/A              Lähde (03a) (15)     Jurvainen (02b) (13)             Jurvainen (02b) (7.07)
2028  Veikkausliiga  3rd      Quarterfinal       N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic        Qualified for EL       Lähde (03a) (15)     Lähde (03a) (8)                  Lähde (03a) (6.98)
2029  Veikkausliiga  1st      Quarterfinal  EL BP 2Q Round     Adequate               Basic              Adequate           Fairly Basic  Champiomns/Qualified for UCL Lähde (03a) (18)     Hauhia (6)                       Lähde (03a) (6.96)
2030  Veikkausliiga  4th      Quarterfinal    EL Groups        Adequate               Basic              Good               Average                   N/A              Lähde (03a) (19)     Tanska (11a) (8)                 Lähde (03a) (7.01)
2031  Veikkausliiga  2nd      2nd Round          N/A           Average                Below Average      Exceptional        Established         Qualified for EL       Lähde (03a) (13)     Tanska (11a)/Rasimus (07b) (7)   Saarinen (10b) (7.11)
2032  Veikkausliiga  2nd      Quarterfinal    EL Groups        Average                Below Average      Exceptional        Well Established    Qualified for EL       Tallqvist (13b) (20) Tanska (11a) (10)                Pelvas (10a) (7.15)

KetteringTFC.png

Youth intake 2030

Well, this was a bit of a let off... I'm hoping this means our current players are getting better and better.

1CMlFPr.png

The only one worth our while is Christoforos Vlavianos 30a. Even though his name is a pain to spell, he is a rather talented wide player on the right.

581bLDP.png

Kettering%20Town_zps1esi78fp.gif

Kettering Town 2026/27

League Table

Had no internet for a while so behind on my updates and seem to have had a few screenshots disappear. 

Another step forward and a fourth place finish and a run of decent form in the playoffs saw us unfortunate to lose out to Carlisle in the playoff final. Loric Nsingi bagged 29 goals during the season and was the standout performer.

Youth Intake - Darren Jee a great prospect at the back, will slot into the team straight away. Darren Shaw looks to have a decent base of stats for a promising winger, potential to  be the first to challenge Brad Deane for his place. Thandolwethu Tshabalala decent potential, great name.

Kettering Town 2027/28

League Table   Squad 1/Squad 2   Overall Best XI

A similar season to the previous but we went one better in beating Aldershot 2-1 in the playoff final. Ethan Watson came of age this year, looks a huge prospect and two playoff final goals sealed us promotion. Wesley Bearne continued on his path to club legend status with 19 goals and 16 assists in another productive season from the club captain. Some big international call-ups including Alistair Hill for England U19's.

Youth Intake - Left back Mark Bennett is the man I've been waiting for, first left back that looks like a potential first team mainstay. Grigoris Petropoulos a solid looking goalkeeper.

League Two to come...

0kacgVc.png

Bikerod Season 01 - 2019/2020

Roster - Transfer - Finances - Table - Youth Intake

The team to start is pretty void of talent. We actually had a good first month picking up a couple unexpected wins but we hit a hard patch midseason. We finished the prelim phase in 8th out of 12 and were placed the in the relegation stage. In the relegation stage we finished 3rd of 12 although we only cleared relegation by 2 points due to the midtable being very tight. Overall we finished 15th. Our youth intake was very helpful in keeping us up. We had 3 guys basically go straight into the lineup the second half of the season. GK Andreas Andersen, CB Tobian Jepsene, and CM John Bech all saw good minutes.

Season   League        Position   Europe        Training      Youth       JC            YR             Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019     2.Division       15th      No          Basic         Poor        Minimal       Basic

0kacgVc.png

Bikerod Season 02 - 2020/2021

Roster - Transfer - Finances - Group Table - Relegation Table - Youth Intake

We had an inconsistent season. Compared to the first season we increased our goals scored by 6 and conceded 10 less but finished with fewer points. Again we finished 9th in the group stage and were sent to the relegation group. We finished strong going 3 wins and a draw in our last 4 to finish 5th in the relegation stage and clear the relegation zone by 9 points. Overall we finished 17th. Chris Jacobsen was our top scorer with 19. Rasmus Gasberg was good on the wing

with 6 goals scored (all pens). Tobias Jepsen(1B) and John Bech(1C) both had strong second seasons.

Christian Christensen(2A) is the pick of the intake this year. Basically is one of the top players at the club day 1 but could not use him the 2nd half of the season as he didn't turn 16 until after the last games. Dennis Myhrmann(2B) will also see some time next season once he turns 16. 

Season   League        Position   Europe        Training      Youth       JC            YR             Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019     2.Division       15th      No          Basic         Poor        Minimal       Basic
2020     2.Division       17th      No          Basic         Poor        Fairly Basic  Fairly Basic

CAXIAS

image.png.88953d11ec85267454279b5b16475a1c.png

Switched skin to YACS.

Season 2026 report and CAXIAS news:
Finished continental A license course.
Increased junior coaching budget and youth recruitment budget.
Stadium expansion started in 2025 from 13,261 to 19,891 in progress. It will be ready next season 4.1.2027 - until then we will play on another club stadium - Novo Hamburgo (16,000)
Finished upgrade of training facilities & youth facilities started in 2025.
Started another upgrade of training facilities & youth facilities, end in 9.5.26

Few transfers out, mostly backup players from previous intakes.
---
Finances:
Rich +57M in bank.
---
Tactic: 4-2-3-1
---
Regional league:
1st league phase: 3rd
2nd cup phase: semi-final, lost with Gremio A[1-3] H[1-3]

Cup:
Lost in 5th round.

Int Cup:  Copa Sudamericana
Wanted to go as far as we could, we sacrificed lot of league matches playing with reserve players, which caused that we had to fight for relegation. Prepared all the training for cup games, we trained lot of set pieces.
We were lucky to go through second round where we won on away goals.
Lot of luck in the final, we scored a goal in 2nd minute and the oponent got red card in the 1st half.
But... we WON COPA SUDAMERICANA!!!
It's like Europa League but still it was huge success!
[results]

National league:
predicted 20th [odds 551.00]
position 17th - RELEGATED!!![Table]
I paid for concentrating only international cup and giving up the league at early phase.

Intake:
Poor intake this year, but we got 1 great player and it's central defender.
[intake] - [Felipe Kupfer]

Top goalscorer: Douglas (S C) - 19 goals
Most assists: José Carlos (M C) - 10 assists
Highest average rating: Raí (AM C) - 7.24
Most POM: Raí (AM C) and Gelson (AM C) - 6
MVP: Cocada (D L) - [47%]
Best Youth: Gelson (M C/AM C) - 5th best average rating (7.12) from: 44 apps, 17 goals, 4 assists, 6 POMs

I give up with this team.
I am not ready to survive relegation. Lost heart to play Brasilian league.
Brasilian league is easy to go to the top league level, but very hard to play with only intake players. Too many great clubs and too big difference between you and them. Also don't like the season divided to the regional/national leagues and strange contracts restriction (clause things).
Probably will try different club and league - definitely something in Europe.

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

SERIE C

4th

1st r.

N/A

Douglas [18]

Danylo [14]

Danylo [7.26]

Adequate

Below Av.

Adequate

Average

promoted to SERIE B

SERIE B

5th

3rd r.

N/A

Douglas [30]

Danylo [14]

D.Miranda [7.27]

Adequate

Below Av.

Adequate

Average

almost promoted -1pts

SERIE B

10th

3rd r.

N/A

Douglas [29]

D.Miranda [14]

Danylo [7.22]

Adequate

Below Av.

Adequate

Average

safe middle table

SERIE B

5th

2nd r.

N/A

Douglas [25]

D.Miranda [11]

Danylo [7.30]

Adequate

Below Av.

Adequate

Average

almost promoted -3pts

SERIE B

2nd

5th r.

N/A

Douglas [18]

C.Valdivia [16]

C.Valdivia [7.29]

Adequate

Below Av.

Adequate

Average

promoted to SERIE A

SERIE A

11th

5th r.

N/A

Dion (2.a) [18]

Alemao (1.b) [11]

Alemao (1.b) [7.19]

Adequate

Below Av.

Adequate

Above Av.

Copa Sudamericana qualification

SERIE A

12th

5th r.

CS* 1st r.

Douglas [23]

Gelson (4.a) [11]

Raí [7.44]

Average

Adequate

Good

Established

Copa Sudamericana qualification

SERIE A

17th

5th r.

CS* Won

Douglas [19]

José Carlos (5.d) [10]

Raí [7.24]

Good

Average

Excellent

Well Established

Relegation / Copa Sudamericana Won

*CS - Copa Sudamericana

*1.b - first season intake, second best rating

2 hours ago, KyleHyde said:

On the plane to Northern Ireland. Anyone managing there? Will be a long night ahead, finding the reset dates and picking a team!

Last year was June 24th so would think it'll be close if not the the same day this year if that helps 

400px-Bangor_FC_logo.svg.png

Sup guys, just started this year's challenge with Bangor FC aka The Seaman In Northern Ireland. I had loads of fun last year with the same challenge but in Russia. Thought I'd give it a go in a very minor league. We will be competing in the 3rd level of the Northern Irish football system so It's gonna be a long ride.

coach

club

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Season Review 2037 & Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.a53aef87c4d5bdfc8d254b7f6f0e4e04.png

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities

19th season and its a season were i feel like we got something to build on! an okay season with less trouble with long periods without a win so the two tactic thing works better for us. Best point season so far and now we just need to build on this and we might soon play in Allsvenskan. The bad part is that the board sold Oskar Henriksson to Norrköping for meager £80k.

Youth intake were okay i forgot to take a picture but yeah two strikers that might make it into the first team but need some development.

Finances wise we are going downhill as expected way into the red.

Facilities wise we did nothing since the money problem

Top Scorer: (10-C) Fasika Hussein 12 goals 28(0) games

Most Assists: (14-H) Petter Hellström 6 assists 26(0) games

Best Average: (14-H) Petter Hellström 7.10 avg 26(0) games

Best Prospect: (16-D) Joakim Johansson 7.05 avg 2 goals 1 assists 26(0) games

fd418abddcabff7a3531282b4dec1ed6.png

Image result for wikipedia whitehawk fc

Whitehawk Season 1 19/20

After a long time lurking in this thread i'm finally starting my own save with Whitehawk. I started the season strong flirting with the playoffs but eventually dropped off ending up 16th surviving relegation comfortably. Unfortunately I couldn't improve any facilities thanks to our terrible finances but that seems to be expected in England.

The youth intake was decent getting a few prospects worth mentioning, but nothing game changing.

If someone could tell me how to the tables that summarise each season that would be appreciated

XaW - Kettering Town - 2029/30

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So, the Championship, huh? After 3 straight promotions, the board at least didn't expect us to go up again. They only wanted mid-table. A bit ambitious, but at least I knew my goals. We managed to keep all the players during the summer window, and not much complaining either. The season itself started very good. We only lost 2 of our first 10 matches and won 6 of them. I think this lead us to be over-confident and perhaps a bit complacent. At any rate, we hit into a very poor run of form in November and December were we only won 1 out of 10 matches. We slid down the table then, but we managed to stabilize just past the new year and find our feet again. When we had reached April we had a good chance at getting a playoff spot, though the fight was hard. Watford, Preston, Blackburn and Swansea were the main competitors for the 3 last playoff spots behind Leicester and Aston Villa, who had ran away, and Burnley, who while a bit of the top two, still had a good lead of the rest of the pack. With one game remaining we were guaranteed a playoff spot.

In the semi final we got draw against Watford. In the league play we had beaten them both at home and away, but only with one goal each time. The first leg was at our place. We really put them to the sword and won it 4-2 and it could (and should) have been a bigger margin. In the away leg we fell behind after 17 minutes and then made it harder for ourselves when we got a red card after an hour. In the second half they steamrolled over us and it ended 3-0 to them, and the aggregate 5-4 to them. We were close, but no cigar. Still, a very good season by us, and much more than I hoped for.

In the FA Cup we started in the 3rd round, but got an away draw to Liverpool. We fought hard, but lost 3-2 to a semi b-side. In the League cup we beat Forest Green and Nottingham Forest, but got thumped away to Everton in the 3rd round.

We had a rather poor youth intake, and the only worth mentioning is Christoforos Vlavianos 30a.

Presentation of the main players:

GK: Chris White 29a - Only 17, but our first choice already.
DR: Robbie Healy 23e - A veteran for us with over 200 league matches for us. Also capped 4 times for Ireland.
DC: Abubakar Ekwueme 26f - Very talented youngster, keeps getting capped for England U20.
DC: Terry Perry 26a - A stalwart in defense and works well with Ekwueme. Capped twice for England U21s.
DL: Victor Akinyemi 24b - A very good fullback, he has been capped by England U23s and Nigeria U20s.
MR: Akil Bullivant 27a - Made the spot his this year with some great matches, still a bit inconsistent though.
MC: Romaine Scott 24d - Our most capped player with 36 caps and 5 goals for Jamaica. And a great player.
MC: Reuben Fox 26e - Plays at the deep lying playmaker and pivot in our team. Controls our play greatly.
ML: Neil Mitchell 24c - Been out most of the season with a major injury, but still our best left midfielder.
SC: Joe McPhillamy 28c - Great physicals and mentals and if he keeps improving his technicals he is destined for greatness.
SC: Kingsley Williams 23d - Been our top scorer the last few season, but he struggled quite a bit this season. Capped 4 times for Nigeria

Notable subs:
Robert O'Halloran 24a - Another great defender. Capped 5 times for Ireland.
Oliver Broughton 29b - Had to step in on left back due to an injury crisis and played great.
Shawn Lawrence 28a - In a tough battle on the central midfield, but is a very talented player.

ktZriq4.png

Everyone,

I'll update the thread with my progress in the next day or two; I'm on vacation so been playing on & off recently. Time on the planes and a six-hour delay at the airport were put to good use though. No spoilers yet but it's been the most interesting two/three years I've ever played on a Football Manager save - thanks to the format of this challenge.

Keep up the good work, it's making fascinating reading! 

Sporting Clube de Pombal - 2025-26 - Campeonato Nacional Prio

ul8wccV.gif

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

It's hard to believe looking at the final table but to start the year I was worried about our scoring. We went through pre-season friendlies getting a lot of shots but didn't have any matches where they all seemed to go in and you win 6-0 or something against a lower team. This persisted into the real matches, the shots we were generating just weren't the same under the new patch and we were drawing games left and right. I tried a few tweaks, even dropping my striker back to the AMC position but it was clear that we were losing touch with the playoffs and we needed to do something more drastic.

Eventually I decided to hell with it, we needed to drop the security blanket of playing a half back and put more bodies forward in a 4-2-3-1. From there the season took a turn for the better as the goals really started to flow - 62 from the last 22 games. We weren't as tight at the back as we'd been the past couple of years, but you have to give something to get something, and the new approach powered us up the table. With two matches to go we faced Beira-Mar who were in 3rd and 4 points behind - even a draw would ensure playoffs. This year we didn't drop our bundle and won a free flowing 4-2 game. Back to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years!

The quarter final should have been put away at home when we won 2-0 but could have had 4 or 5, but thankfully we'd done enough to hang on to a 1-2 reverse result in a game we weren't at our best. One more to go ...

In the semi final we had to play Leixões who had run away with our group and beaten us twice during the year. I wasn't super confident, and the home leg 1-0 was more luck than skill as they easily could have scored a number of times. Truth be told I thought the result wasn't going to be enough. But we turned it right around on the away leg, were the better team and actually won it 2-1 for a 3-1 aggregate victory. Promotion!

The game has a sense of humour, because from the other half of the draw I drew my old club Real for the final. It was a bizarre game that we dominated but ended up with only 8 players on the field and hanging on grimly for a shootout. Which we somehow won despite having all our best penalty takers sent off, injured, or subbed ... not exactly how I expected to win it but you take being champions any way you can get it!

Can't really highlight any one player this year - we had five players score between 9 and 18 goals so the load was spread around nicely, someone always seemed to step up when needed.

Our youth intake was down again, I hope because my current players are getting better, not because it's a new trend. We at least got a player for a position of need, a striker (26a) Ricardo Carvalho with good finishing, Our current backup striker hasn't scored in his last 20+ appearances, so any help there is much appreciated.

We're now professional, which is going to up the wages, so relegation next season isn't an option. We need to stay up or this could all fall apart. Thankfully I think we can do it. It might not be pretty but even if we leak a few goals I think our current setup should score enough to get the points required. Let's put that theory to the test. ;)

Season  | Div | League | Cup | Goals             | Assists          | Rating              | Notes
--------|-----|--------|-----|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019-20 | 3rd | 10th   | 1st |  9 Martini        |  9 Fonseca       | 7.02 Martini        | 7 points clear
2020-21 | 3rd |  2nd   | 3rd | 24 Fonseca        |  8 Dedé          | 7.21 Fonseca        | Playoff Semi-Finals
2021-22 | 3rd |  2nd   | 2nd | 21 Guerreiro      | 14 (20b) Carriço | 7.31 Guerreiro      | Playoff Quarter-Finals
2022-23 | 3rd |  6th   | 2nd | 18 Guerreiro      | 11 Dedé          | 7.00 Guerreiro      | Mid-season form slump
2023-24 | 3rd |  4th   | 2nd |  6 (22a) Faustino |  5 Guerreiro     | 6.99 (21a) Teixeira | Tactic changed to 4-5-1, can't score
2024-25 | 3rd |  3rd   | 3rd | 19 (22b) Borges   | 10 (24b) Capela  | 7.42 (21a) Teixeira | Choked away playoffs
2025-26 | 3rd |  2nd   | 3rd | 18 (21a) Teixeira | 10 (20g) Fonseca | 7.36 (21b) Carvalho | Champions!

Love this idea!

I am going to set up a game tonight and try to get Weymouth as my team. I played for their under 18's so will have a bit of sentimental value!

Before I start, is there any benefit in scouts? Is there any other staff or part of the game I can disregard to save money for this challenge?

Also, am I "allowed" to offer contracts to existing players?

15 hours ago, GoalieManPat121 said:

Love seeing what you are doing with Viikingit @The_Gato_In_Goal 

They were the team I used for the old Gundo challenge last year. Got close to completing it with them. Fun save. Fixture congestion is tough though.

Yeah congestion gets very annoying, especially when you add in the 8 matches on European qualification stages.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Love this idea!

I am going to set up a game tonight and try to get Weymouth as my team. I played for their under 18's so will have a bit of sentimental value!

Before I start, is there any benefit in scouts? Is there any other staff or part of the game I can disregard to save money for this challenge?

Also, am I "allowed" to offer contracts to existing players?

You are allowed to keep anyone who was at your club when you took over for as long as you'd like. Scouts can be used for next opposition or scouting random players for fun. Other than that, they're a waste of money imo.

zW6KgEF.png

Youth Intake 2033

Maxing out junior coaching and youth recruitment makes a noticeable difference when your team already has few standout players. This intake provided another few promising players and one ready to go into the first team. Jaakko Björs (15a) is tall and pacy and already has 10+ for all relevant attributes for a winger. Kimmo Laaksonen (15b) is less gifted physically, but has 14 flair and 12 crossing as a left sided winger. Niko Honkaniemi (15c) has a good personality and some potential and Jan Nyberg (15d) is a second rate version of him.

Back with a report from my East Kilbride save in Scotland. 

Image result for east kilbride logo

March 6th came around and I finally received a youth intake. I desperately needed one. my bench was all grey players that would never be fit and constantly had to play players out of position. I had a lucky youth intake one 4 and a half star striker with 5-star potential.  a 3 and a half star midfielder with 5-star potential. I also received in my intake a player with 14 heading and 11 jumping reach, which happens to be the best on my team by a large margin but of course, he only plays cm and dm.  I will be retraining him as a central defender. Other than a slightly better keeper nothing else to write home about..  currently in third place and hoping to get promoted in the playoffs. wish me luck and good luck on your saves.

I thought I would add this since my post was recent and I just had my 2nd youth intake. 

2nd season is going very well. first, by a large margin and by all means should clinch the title soon. my 3 players are developing well but none better than the Andy Finlayson. 
Finlayson was 4.5 stars when we got him and is now currently 5 starts with 5-star potential and is regarded as Scottish championship talent.
Paul Tunnicliffe my project player with great heading is now a 3-star natural defender and dare I try to develop him into a natural ball playing defender. 
Max Wallace my 3.5-star midfielder is slowly developing and is currently at 4 stars and performing well. 
This march youth intake was very lackluster to say the least. I still signed a bunch of them just in hopes that some may pan out and I can fill the under 18 squads. 
The only player to of note is attacking midfielder Chris Wallace that can play a bit of forward. Wallace is 3 stars as an attacking midfielder but I see him more as a pressing forward.
since my current formation used 3 strikers and no attacking midfielders I will start developing him with the pressing forward position in mind.. 
If the board doesn't start improving facility builds and youth improvements I may not get promoted to the championship level for a while or perhaps relegated.....eeeekk
image.thumb.png.c55b8442b6314c1b34f56a3abd98c6c6.pngimage.thumb.png.2b725e28edf66f66f1feb0e43065c053.png

Edited by Football-Rick
adding info

logo.png

KSK Hasselt 2021-22

Screenshots

Season    League                   Position    Belgian Cup      Achievements/Notes                            Top Scorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   First Amateur Division   11th        5th round        Stayed up                                     Sam        (12) 
2020/21   First Amateur Division   11th        5th round        Stayed up again                               Djonhambo  (17)
2021/22   First Amatuer Division   11th        4th round        Three seasons running in the same position    Sam        (16)

688891852_CesenaLogo.gif.d2d985ea1b6057dc120a8015d7ee038e.gif

Season 2024/25

League Table                Transfer History

A really hard working season for me in Cesena. It was clear for me after the 5 first matches that my tactic didnt work anymore after the update. Spent more time this season staring at the screen like a question mark and messing around with my tactic than actually playing matches :) After a tactical roundabout I ended up with something simular to my original tactic without loosing to much ground to the top teams. In January I had finally settled and at the end of the season it was again playoff time. Manage to crawl my way to the playoff final. Dont know what happend to my boys but lost the first half of the first leg 4-1, making it a upwards battle against Novara, a team I feel I should beat over 2 matches. It was a drama until the last kick but lost 6-5 on aggregate.

Best players of the season - Luca Di Giacomo, Team of the Year.  Edoardo Perrotta, Serie B Player of the Season.

Youth intake was pretty bad again only giving me one player that could have a future in the senior squad. - Marco Boscolo

Finances are stable and I got some money in the bank but not more than I need for singing new contracts for my young squad, Wage expences increasing pretty fast.

I still manage to keep my best players despite a lot of bids. Luca Di Giacomo was unhappy and wanted to leave the first half of the season, but when teams dont even want to bid his value it has been a easy decision to keep him. He has now changed his mind and want to stay at the club. Hopefully my players will be happy to stay when the season starts this time, then maybe we can take the last step to Serie A this season.

GL to you all and welcome to the struggle for all you new challengers :) 

King's Lynn Season 1 2019/2020

Kltown.png

Im fidel to King's Lynn, and the third retry should be the long run save :)

Given the financial issues i had in the previous save, i reduce my staff from 12 to only 6 persons: ass. man., HOYD, sports scientist, physio, finess coach and a coach. Economy estimated ~50k. An other good way to reduce expenses is to ask your president to negociate a new contract asap (late september, october) and strongly reduce your salary. This could weaken your position if you have bad results. Be aware of the risks and avoid this if not sure. Economy ~20-25k. This time, i arranged all the friendlys, i'm not sure if the IA is doing it correctly. I noticed the money shown when you arranges friendlys are not guaranteed, meaning if you see you will earn 1k by arranging a friendly, this is the board estimation, and it seems to be a high estimation. I'm not sure what are the mechanics behind that. I did some tests, it leads me to avoid friendlys with big cost, or friendlys with a cost (u23).

My aim this season was to avoid relegation and start to accumulate € so i can improve my training center in 2021 (it cost 170k if i remember well).

VNLN: Good year, 62 points, best attack, third worst defense. 

Cups: Unexpected run in the FA trophy, with 4 home games in a row. Lost in quarters

Squad: I got carried by my 2 strikers with 7,6+ rating :hammer: Harry Limb 28 goals, 10 assits. Player of the year in VNLN. Young with potential, i already know this will be the player from the original team that will stay the longer. He has a 3 year contract + 2 if i get promoted. Adam Marriott The best player in the club. 29 goals, 17 assists. Implied in half of my goals!

I had 5 regens when i took over the club, more than the usual 2-3. None of them were defensive players tho. I had to play with a 1 start target man in defense most of the season lol. Unfortunately, none of the regens did notable progress.

Transfers:  Nothing, i realeased 3 players and 4 more will not have their contract extended. (Economy ~75k!)

Youth 2020: I needed defenders, i got them. No midfield player or striker with potential. Olivier Bennett is the best prospect.

Finances: +59k€ over the first season. I was able to improve the youth recruitment. 

Next season aim: avoid relegation, improve training center and youth recruitment. 

Season  | League | Position | FA Cup | Other Cup | Europe | Training Facilities | Youth Facilities | Junior Coaching | Youth Recruitment | Finances |   Top Scorer   |   Most Assists   | Highest Avg Rating | Achievements/Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |  VNLN  |   10th   | 3rd q. |  Quarters |  N/A   |        Poor         |       Poor       |     Average     |   Fairly Basic    |   74k€   |   Marriott (29)|   Marriott (17)  |  Marriott (7,62)   | 

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Season Review 2038 & Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.a53aef87c4d5bdfc8d254b7f6f0e4e04.png

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Youth Intake

20th season and what a season! Promotion is finally here! i felt we had something oging on from last season and kept building on that two tactic style to be able to make the opponents guess abit. And just as the promotion from div 1 i have to thank               (08-E) Anton Ahrn for a fantastic season! His stats aint really anything except for his finishing which truly helps it will be long before someone beats his 178 goals for the club. And of course we secured instant promotion in the last round!

Youth intake were quite meh sure we got some high ca guys which brings the star downs for the stars we will see how they develop now as we get turned into a professional club.

Finances wise we are going downhill but got up little bit thanks to prize money but we will get better income but alot more costs since everyone going fulltime

Facilities wise we did nothing since the money problem

Top Scorer: (08-E) Anton Ahrn 17 goals 30(0) games

Most Assists: (16-A) Emil Olofsson 10 assists 24(0) games

Best Average: (16-A) Emil Olofsson 7.81 avg 24(0) games

Best Prospect: (15-F) Nenad Rogac 7.0 avg 38 conceded 6 clean sheets 26(0) games

7cfcd60332dbc5ebc2bedaa9a8c894e2.png

Sporting Clube de Pombal - 2026-27 - Liga II Ledman

ul8wccV.gif

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So I predicted we'd be able to score enough in the second tier to get enough wins to survive. The team comparison made grim reading though - we were ranked dead last in at least half the attributes. Early on I was right about the scoring but not the winning - we piled them on in some games and had a positive goal difference after 12 games but sat in the relegation places. Four wins in a row before xmas lifted us out and it looked as though we'd turned things around nicely. That's when the problems with our approach started to show.

We'd always gone in hard on tackles, but with the step up in quality this was really causing problems - we broke the league record for worst discipline in January! It wasn't even the sendings off, it was all the players missing through accumulated yellows that meant we couldn't put out a consistent lineup. Additionally I think I may have driving my players too hard with the new professional training, injuries started to mount too, including our goal keeper missing games twice - he'd previously not missed a game since he showed up in our first season.

All this meant we went on an 8 game losing streak to drop back into the relegation places. I contemplated drastic changes but eventually decided that all we needed to do was stop getting stuck in, and ease off on training. Seemed to do the trick as we steadied to go 8 games without losing. In the end we were safe with 3 games to spare. Scored plenty, let in plenty (my favourite was a 5-5 draw), but the points are all that mattered. Defense can come once we develop a few more players up to this level.

Our youth intake was pretty good, with defensive mid (27a) Simão Pedro and versatile (27b) Sérgio Carriço the picks of the players. Since turning professional some of the potential star ratings from past intakes have crept up so will be keeping an eye on a few other players from the intake too.

We're still a couple of development years away from being competitive in this league but we have the potential there, just have to start slowly easing out the players who did the job for us in the third tier but don't have the potential to carry us further.

Player Milestones This Year

Season  | Div | League | Cup | L Cup | Goals             | Assists           | Rating              | Notes
--------|-----|--------|-----|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019-20 | 3rd | 10th   | 1st |       |  9 Martini        |  9 Fonseca        | 7.02 Martini        | 7 points clear
2020-21 | 3rd |  2nd   | 3rd |       | 24 Fonseca        |  8 Dedé           | 7.21 Fonseca        | Playoff Semi-Finals
2021-22 | 3rd |  2nd   | 2nd |       | 21 Guerreiro      | 14 (20b) Carriço  | 7.31 Guerreiro      | Playoff Quarter-Finals
2022-23 | 3rd |  6th   | 2nd |       | 18 Guerreiro      | 11 Dedé           | 7.00 Guerreiro      | Mid-season form slump
2023-24 | 3rd |  4th   | 2nd |       |  6 (22a) Faustino |  5 Guerreiro      | 6.99 (21a) Teixeira | Tactic changed to 4-5-1, can't score
2024-25 | 3rd |  3rd   | 3rd |       | 19 (22b) Borges   | 10 (24b) Capela   | 7.42 (21a) Teixeira | Choked away playoffs
2025-26 | 3rd |  2nd   | 3rd |       | 18 (21a) Teixeira | 10 (20g) Fonseca  | 7.36 (21b) Carvalho | Champions!
2026-27 | 2nd | 13th   | 3rd | 1st   | 13 (22b) Borges   |  9 (21a) Teixeira | 7.04 (21a) Teixeira | Survived with 3 games in hand

Youth Intake 2024- FK Smederevo

Another intake is here, and since our actual squad is so bad, its labeled as another golden generation, although none of them look really exceptional. Still there is some talent there and in a few years we could have some decent players, although yet again we got no defenders of note and a huge proportion of attacking midfielders, which I don't use. Is there any way to alter which positions you get coming through?

here's the intake:

kxoEtXW.png

And here are a few of the best players:

HN3qcUX.png

IfyrnNC.png

EbmlXqh.png

gpMjgOA.png

This season in the Super league we are doing really badly, rock bottom of the league and staring down relegation. Unless something spectacular happens, such as us even drawing a game sometime, we are doomed and my upcoming end of season update may not be a happy one! 

5 minutes ago, Fadedaf said:

Is there any way to alter which positions you get coming through?

The preferred formation and style of your staff have some influence, but a lot of it is just luck. You got 5 defenders, they just happened to be the crap players this year.

Update: I've been sacked :(

Our unlikely promotion was a curse in disguise as it turned out. We were absolutely abysmal this year, lacking quality across the board, especially in the striker department where my top 3 guys regularly went on 10hr+ dry spells. I made it until March, where we sat last place, 10 points off second last and with a -41 GD and was given the target of 7 points from 5 games to save my job. We managed to grab our 3rd win of the season against the odds but that was all. We had no chance this season and would have been better served by another 5 seasons of mid table mediocrity in the second division. Anyways that's the end of my attempt with Smederevo, pretty disappointing overall, we never produced any really great players or made much progress as a club. I'll be back hopefully with another club to see if i can do any better.

Bishop's Stortford

2022-2023 Season

m8pINIu.png

Table | TransfersFinances | Facilities | First Team

We missed out on playoffs by 1 point, drawing our final game prevented us from moving up into 7th and making playoffs. The team performed pretty inconsistently this year, and I ended up making a number of tactical changes throughout the year to try to get our form back, but it never really clicked. This was likely due to our absolutely horrid discipline, as we broke the league record for yellow/red cards in January, and had 25 more yellow cards than the next team down by the end of the season. This resulted in a lot of suspensions, some of which were for multiple games, and really left us a bit thin, especially at midfield where we already have little depth. Overall it was another good season, but it really feels like we're just spinning our wheels at the moment. The team has improved quite a bit since the first season but we finished in the same position as we did year one.

Key Player

Osadebe ST/AMC, age 24: Our captain Chinedu Osadebe was our key player again this year, winning the Player of the Season award and maintaining the highest average rating on the team at 7.22. This is a significant drop from last year (he averaged 7.50 last year) but given our overall inconsistent performances this year it's really not a surprise and isn't really a reflection on him. He missed out on top goal scorer by 1 goal.

Youth Intake

This year's youth intake is another 'golden generation' supposedly; it does look pretty decent, so we might be seeing a benefit from our improved junior coaching. We again really don't need more high end goalkeepers, but Ives 04e is as good as our current second string goalkeeper, and the coaches think he's got the potential to be much better than our all star keeper Groves 00b. I'm on the fence about bringing him up immediately since our backup goalkeeper doesn't see a lot of playing time given how good Groves 00b is, but I might bring him up for cup games.

Both Marriott 04a and Moss 03f are as good as our current second stringers at their respective positions for the first team. Moss 03f in particular is likely to come up right away as I'm planning on dropping the AM from the formation due to our poor depth at midfield and going to a 5-2-2-1 WB next year, and he's definitely good enough to get some playing time if we're playing 3 CBs. 

hMNd2GH.png

King's Lynn Season 2 2020/2021

Kltown.png

Overall a decent season despite a very disapointing youth intake.

VNLN: Good start and a slow fall in the second part of the season.

Cups: Underestimated my opponent in FA Cup, it hurts to get knock out right away. An other run in the FA trophy, lost again in quarters after 2 close games.

Squad: With 30 goals, Adam Marriott was my best player this season. Regens are improving slowly. Only Olivier Benett 01a is good enough to be consistently in the first team.

Transfers:  Nothing.

Youth 2020: Awful. A golden generation, but looking at their profiles, i can already tell none of them will not make it to the first team. Only Taylor Prior 02a looks decent.

Finances: +12k€ over the season. The training center is in progress to be ameliorated. I had enough cash mainly because i was able to have a friendly twice against my seniors affiliate without fees during the season. It looks like a bug, i did a report.

Board agreed to improve youth recruitment, but it is still in fairly basic. Again, it looks like a bug.

Next season, i would like to reach playoffs. This will be complicated due to this bad YI, but it is doable :)

Season  | League | Position | FA Cup | Other Cup | Europe | Training Facilities | Youth Facilities | Junior Coaching | Youth Recruitment | Finances |   Top Scorer   |   Most Assists   | Highest Avg Rating | Achievements/Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |  VNLN  |   10th   | 3rd q. |  Quarters |  N/A   |        Poor         |       Poor       |     Average     |   Fairly Basic    |   74k€   |   Marriott (29)|   Marriott (17)  |  Marriott (7,62)   | 
2019/20 |  VNLN  |   12th   | 2rd q. |  Quarters |  N/A   |        Poor         |       Poor       |     Average     |   Fairly Basic    | (10)k€   |   Marriott (30)|   Clunan (12)    |  Marriott (7,41)   | 

Edited by SpS_Zen

ddca4034757303f10c8267a2d9797ac5.png

Ive took over Stalybridge Celtic, predicted to get relagated and the board expectation of avoiding relegation, the first intake (19) hasnt blessed us with much, John Houghton being the only player that i am truely happy with. The season on the other hand has started brilliantly. back to back wins to start the season with 3 goals in each had me loving life, following that we had an unfortunate draw and a 2-0 loss that i had 4 clear cut chances in. Since then we are undefeated in our last 6, winning 3. I am/have been and will be streaming/making videos on the save, although i dont know if its frowned upon to promote that here, if is i wont mention it again. I may do some things slightly differnt, considering taking 1 player per affiliate on loan & im defintley going to sign back any regens that i am forced to sell if i want them and can afford them. 

Youtube video on the begining of the season
My twitch where i stream almost everyday for 2-3 hours +

S.S.C._Bari_logo.png

Bari 2019/2020

Facilities|Finance|First-Team|League|Transfers

I didn't realize the squad would be so small when taking over Bari, thankfully youth players from the first year provided cover, and even got straight into the first team in my first season. I'm really worried about the CB's since my only non-regen one is 36 years old and retiring at the end of this season. This means  I will now have a defense line of three regens, whom I feel aren't quite ready for the task. I finished 5th and I didn't make it to the finals, lost to Capri in the third round. Hoping to stay in the top 6 fight next year, it will be more hard I think. The players I got through this year look good. One of them will start playing for the first team right away while two others show a lot of potential.

Season

Team 

League

Position

Training Facilities

Youth Facilities

Junior Coaching 

Youth Recruitment

Badges Etc. 

Achievements 

Champions League 

Bari

Serie C/C

5th

Average

Average

Excellent

Above Average

National C

None

N/A

Edited by Tyler42
Image link fixing

image.jpeg.c92b61a7aeed860c3624667dc0a568d9.jpeg
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt

Second try. This time 3. Fußball-Liga.
Erfurt was relegated two seasons ago, and this is their returning season after one year in 4th division.
[club info]

Season 2019/2020

Erfurt news:
- Manager contract extended to the 30.06.2021
- Did National C License course. [manager]
---
Transfers:
Nothing. [Transfers]
---
Finances:
season start +1,3M
season end -0,4M
---
Tactic: played 4-4-1-1
---
League:
Rules - at least 4 under 23yo players in match squad (11+7), player under 17yo not allowed.
We had very old squad and only 2 under 23, it was 3rd GK and 3rd DR, had to sacrifice two substitution slots every match.
We also have 5 very promising 15-16yo players.

predicted 17th [odds 96.00]
position 3rd - [Table]
League went well, Erfurt was relegated two seasons ago, and that was returning season after 1 year in 4th division.
Squad was very old so they probably managed to keep most of players from previous 3rd div season.
We lost promotion in last three matches were we were able to get only 1 point. Play offs also lost, but they were much better A[1-4] H[3-2].
---
Cup:
We didn't play.
---
Intake:
Poor intake, noone looks good.
[intake] - [Rouven Schmidt] - [Chris Seidel]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Andis Shala (S C)  - 15 goals
Most assists: Rico Gladrow (AM C) - 7 assists
Highest average rating: Marcel Kaffenberger (M C) - 7.33
Most POM: Francis Adomah (D C) - 5
Best Youth: no youth players, youngest player 23yo.

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR