The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

13 hours ago, Novafluff said:

@Colindinho congrats mate i am envious!

10 hours ago, tomay said:

@collindinho great job! congratulations!
Joakim Florén looks fantastic.

10 hours ago, Diego D10S said:

@collindinho Congrats !! gotta be an awesome feeling :) You got some quality talents there....can you keep them ?

Thanks guys, appreciated! :)

It's a great feeling being promoted after being stable for a while in that division, but it has come at great financial cost. Realistically I won't be able to keep these players at the club for long - we're still only semi-pro and they're refusing to sign new contracts, and being courted by Allsvenskan clubs already. So, unless we get back-to-back promotions to the Allsvenskan, they are likely to move on (with a tasty 50% sell on clause), or leave at the end of their youth contracts for free whilst being unhappy wanting to move to a bigger club -- which has happened to a few other players already.

Losing these three players in particular would be a disaster.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2023 Youth Intake has arrived at FK Smederevo:

SvUOOe4.png

Another so-called "golden generation." We keep getting more and more 5* potential players but I feel that is more due to the team getting worse than intakes getting better. Either way there looks to be some talented players in here. I prayed to the FM gods for a Centre Back as we have been desperately in need of one since I started, and we got one! He doesn't actually look that promising with determination of 2, but he will get plenty of games anyways as he has potential supposedly and is already good enough to be at least 3rd choice if not starting, that is how much of a shambles my defence is. these look to be the best 3 players:

Lekic:

U8XBndR.png

Petrovic:

t0baBSC.png

And our great hope for defence, Arsic:

vhtnbKJ.png

The team is going pretty average again this year, will update at the end of the season which should be soon

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Season Review 2028 & Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.a53aef87c4d5bdfc8d254b7f6f0e4e04.png

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Youth Intake

9th season done and its an "meh" season. Started off bad so had to change somethings up and we were alot more stable in the second half. We made it to the Swedish Cup group stage for next year wich is nice. Also a big thank you to Faton Trstena which chose to retire at the club. He were a big part of my team for 7 seasons and made it to Icon status in the club he will be remembered.

Its still (07-F)Riku Rantanen who is the most exciting talent and hopefully he can shoot os to superettan next year as he wont sign a contract with us.

Finances wise we went a little plus but yeah its a struggle to actually build a real bank since we need to put alot in the youth setup.

Facilities wise nothing happend gonna try to get training facilities next year but we will see.

Top Scorer: (07-F) Riku Rantanen 16 goals 30(0) games

Most Assists: (07-F) Riku Rantanen 13 assists 30(0) games

Best Average: Jonas Hansson-Widén 7.30 avg 30(0) games

Best Prospect: (07-F) Riku Rantanen 7.22 avg 16 goals 13 assists 30(0) games

0e7650194d1c3a07f62c5ee799c959b3.png

1006382525_CesenaLogo.gif.d971cede46628c723a681f34b98d15b5.gif

Romagna Centro Cesena Season 2022/23

League Table             Transfer History

CHAMPIONS !!

Serie C Records Broken :    Most Points in a Season - 96       Most League Wins in a Season - 30     Most Matches in a row Without Losing - 33     Most Matches in a row Without Conceding - 10 

What an aboslutely incredible season for me in Cesena. It started like expected with alot of bids for my best talents. I started with being open to negotiate but didnt get any bids even close to what I could accept. So it was an easy decision to just keep them around even if 4 players gave transfer request several times before the transfer window closed. When the transfer window had passed most of them changed their minds pretty quickly. So it all turned out very well for me and set the tone for how the season would be. After a average start the first 5 matches we went 33 matches with out being defeated. It was some moments when we started playing badly I feared we would fall apart, but the team just kept playing better and better and it was no doubt we where the better team in the league. We even won the Serie C Super Cup at the end of the season. A cup with the 3 league winners in Serie C. 

Best players of the season :     Matches      Goals       Assist       Av Rat      

Antonio Vocaturo         27 (4)           1               11            7,21       Players of the Season. Team of the Year. ( despite wanting to leave for bigger club all season and having overall happiness at abysmal ) Now signed new contract. 

Alberto Armellini         27 (1)           5              2               7,23       Team of the Year.

Davide Cheli                 31 (4)          3              1               7,13        Team of the Year.

Luca Di Giacomo          29 (3)         21            6                7,21        Top Goalscorer. Team of the Year.

Gianni Mancini             35          Clean Sheets - 23          7,03        Team of the Year.

Youth intake was not anything special and again no central defender :( But it might be better than it seem for the opposite reason as @FadedafLast season i had around 12 players at 5* potential. This season only Vocaturo and Di Giacomo have stayed at 5* and the rest have dropped to 4 -4,5*. So I will just wait and see during next season if its any more changes to the potential.

Got one important player that want me to buy players to strengthen the squad. He got only 1 year left on his contract so he probably has to go. Rest of the boys have now signed new 4-5 year long contracts. I feel confident before the next season. Will be a battle for survival but got a feeling these boys might be something special :)  

GL to you all :) 

Edited by Diego D10S

@Diego D10S - what a great season, congratulations! Luca Di Giacomo looks like a beast. 

@Novafluff - on the bright side, looks like you got some more high potential players in the youth intake though? Hang in there!

@Fadedaf - promising youth intake! Shame about Arsic's determination and positioning, but should turn out to be a good player.

@OneManSnipez - I'm no expert on the subject, but could be that there's a playoff system (like we have in Sweden) - where the teams have already been decided? When reloading to get the specific team I wanted, it was quite common to see the same teams over and over and over again. Took maybe 15 attempts.

300px-FK_Smederevo.svg.png

FK Smederevo Season 2022/23 Report

4th season complete, our goals were to get back into the top half and challenge for the playoffs while developing the youngsters.

Cup- We smashed lower league Radnicki NB 6-1 and beat OFK Beograd 1-0 before drawing Javor from our division and losing 4-1 in the first round. Still, that equals our best run so far.

League- This was an absolute rollercoaster. We started as usual, really well and were in the top 5 for the first 2/3rds of the season, even topping the table at one point before the end of season decline inevitably came. We slowly dropped down the table but thanks to a great 5-1 win over CSK on the final day where 3 academy products scored, we snuck into the top group in 8th. Everyone's points are then halved for the final stage so we were well in the hunt for playoffs and our results were okay although we needed a win on the final day yet again to secure a spot. We started the day in 8th but scraped a 1-0 win over Indjija and ended up in 6th, qualifying for the playoffs. This is where I thought the story would end but for some reason we found the best form of our season, beating Javor 2-0 in the semi final and smashing Rad 5-0 in the final after being up 4-0 at halftime! We the had to play a playoff against the third last team in the Super League, Bratsvo. The away leg was first and we absolutely blew them away, winning 3-0 and following it up with a solid 1-0 win at home, meaning we secured a ridiculously unlikely promotion! 

Best Players-

Top goalscorer: Miodrag Todorovic (14 goals) The former benchwarmer was given the ageing Stojanovic's starting spot and after a bright start I thought it would be abreakout year but it turned out to just be average. Still, he scored a hat-trick in the playoff final so fair enough.

Most assists: Bojan Cigulajkic (11 assists) Great effort from our left back

Highest average rating: Aleksa Matic (7.25) The ball winning midfielder and our captain had his best season yet and managed a great rating for that position.

Most POM: Sasa Markovic (4) Our centre back, a position i've never seen win this award before, was absolutely immense in getting us promoted.

MVP: Markovic

Best U23 Player: Dusan Blazic 20B. Our first academy product to win an end of season award. He's our 3rd choice CM and did really well in most opportunities this year.

UYAFgSv.png

After this incredible promotion, our only goal is to survive next season with the big boys in the SuperLeague. Hopefully our youngsters can continue to develop well.

Academy players that played over 1000 minutes this season:

Blazic 20B (5 goals, 2 assists, 2 POM)

Arsic 23C (2 goals)

Honourable mention to Maslarevic 20A who managed 2 goals, 2 assists in less than 1000 minutes and Ibrahimovic with the same in less than 500 minutes.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |  Top assists     |  Highest avg rating| Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   First League    6th      1st Round        -         Stojanovic(24)    Lepojevic(13)      Lepojevic(7.26)     Lost in playoffs
2020/21   First League    8th      2nd Qual Round   -         Stojanovic(13)    Lepojevic(13)      Pavic(7.09)                  -
2021/22   First League    9th      3rd Qual Round   -         Stojanovic(14)    Antonijevic(9)     Lepojevic(7.03)
2022/23   First League    6th      1st Round        -         Todorovic(14)     Cigulajkic(11)     Matic (7.25)        Promoted through playoffs

44 minutes ago, collindinho said:

@OneManSnipez - I'm no expert on the subject, but could be that there's a playoff system (like we have in Sweden) - where the teams have already been decided? When reloading to get the specific team I wanted, it was quite common to see the same teams over and over and over again. Took maybe 15 attempts

There isnt a playoff system, and the only way the teams ever changed is if i set up a completely new save. Thankfully the 3rd league is one that is viewable just not playable and i basically save scummed to get the team i wanted promoted. 

3 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

There isnt a playoff system, and the only way the teams ever changed is if i set up a completely new save. Thankfully the 3rd league is one that is viewable just not playable and i basically save scummed to get the team i wanted promoted. 

That's what I did, and I'm sure many others have also save scummed to get the right team for them.

9 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

What is save scumming??

F.C._Barreirense_logo.png

Table Finances Manager Facilities Transfers Squad Youth Intake

Wow, what a season, so many first team players sold, this season alone saw 4 starting players sold!

If we didn't sell them then I reckon we could have challenged for promotion, but for the first time we have a positive bank balance at the end of the season and who knows, if one of the lads become amazing we could really cash in.

It's strange, I thought we played really well and yet we didn't really get much higher on the table, but we scored some cracking goals and I was less frustrated by the players in general.  But my strikers just couldn't convert their chances, it was a bit frustrating and with a one striker formation we gave 5 players a chance, maybe it was an off season and I am hoping next someone will step up and announce themselves.

The squad was pretty small, I think I was lucky on the injury front, hardly any players were on the physio table. Against the lower and mid table we were more than competitive, but once again there were three professional clubs that were just too strong and an end of season bad run saw us finish in 9th.

With so many first team players sold (I also let go about 5 from the old guard who had bad personalities) there were some youth who really stepped up - Hugo Martins 2c was immense and has clubs wanting him already, Jamur 2g was a surprise package and really owned the central playmaker spot and will be our next big thing after Fabio Pereira 1b.

I had a good youth intake that helped a lot and will see a bright future ahead, a few guys got some playing time and will feature next season.

I will be looking to get in new coaching staff in nearly every category, including a HOYD, so hopefully it makes a difference, oh and I finally completed my continental b license, it took me all year!

Youth of Note:-

Fabio Pereira 1b - He was the fans player of the year and had the biggest average rating, we will miss him, but wish him all the best as he moves onto bigger things.

Micael Fulgencio 2e - Promoted to first GK and did pretty well, he made some cracking saves and I hope to see him progress.

Hopefully clubs won't be wanting our players as much as they are all very young and we can push on further next season, the board are very reluctant to upgrade anything, junior coaching isn't even an option atm.

Edited by chocolatecoatedballs

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Season Review 2028 & Youth Intake

10th season done and this were gonna be the season that we would finally be promoted. But on the last transfer day before the season the thing that coudlnt happen happend, Riku didnt want to sign a contract but he still were on 1 more year of youth contract but Helsingborg decided to pay the compensation and sign him. Here i lsot hope for promotion but the team started great and were 3rd after half the season. But in the end we lacked that little extra and ended up 4th on 54 points, our highest point so far so still a good season but we need that promotion

Best prospect of the year has to go to (08-E) Anton Ahrn the guy ha not very impressing overall stats but his finishing of 17 really shows. 23 goals and 6 assists on 29(1) games is amazing by a 18 year old and he is the reason we had a shot.

Finances wise we still keeps going little bit plus trying to build towards getting a TF upgrade

Facilities wise nothing happend gonna try to get training facilities next year but we will see.

Top Scorer: (08-E) Anton Ahrn 23 goals 29(1) games

Most Assists: Hallberg , Ahrn , Vettersand 8 assists

Best Average:  (07-B) Leif Vettersand 7.61 avg 29(1) games

Best Prospect: (10-A) Max Sundström 7.22 avg 0 goals 1 assists 8(1) games

2517911095b2ad7ae3be7a827c28fdb2.png

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Season Review 2029 & Youth Intake

11th season over and we this year got moved to the south division again after 6 years in the North one. This made it hard to predict were we really were standing compared to the other sides. The start werent really good 2-3-3 in the first seven made me panic and changing to a tactic we had been training on for some time more suiting the players we had. It started going better. ALOT better only loosing 2 more games and drawing 4 more and winning 17 of the last 22 games. This saw us to an 1st place and promotion after 9 season in div 1! We even broke the record for most goals ever in Div 1. It all came down to the last game were we were 2nd and havign Landskrona on the same points as us but worse GD and Eskilsminne 1 point after chasing we needed a win and got it away to Oskarshamn 1-0 while Oddevold got smashed 5-1 away to Åtvidaberg and Landskrona 4-0 against Täby meaning we could lift the trophy

9168285fb179b128e8c9037a7bab3e48.png

The guy we mainly have to thank for this promotion is the guy which have made the fans forget all about Riku and his treacherous departure (which aint going good for him he is unhappy and aint getting playing time) (08-E) Anton Ahrn playing 30(1) games this season 33 goals! and 6 assists 27 in the league in 29 games, averaging an monsterous 7.6. This guy is our gold up top and the new tactic suits him very well. He will need to keep on this if we are to survive in Superettan. We also have to give alot of credits to (10-A) Max Sundström and (09-C) Daniel Malmkvist, Max coming up last season and having a great impact. and Daniel who were only an 1 ½ star when he came up and seen as nothing really special has in really one season in the u19 developed into our CA wise best player with reports saying he is very well suited for the Sperettan ( second tier) and he is only 19. Amazing to see that development i were properly shocked when i went to have a yearly check in the u19 to see the development. And he were a key building stone for the promotion. 

Youth intake were an very bad year but that can be forgiven with the season we had! hoping for more next year!

Finances wise we went down quite alot since everything is getting more and more expensive. So for the finances the promotion were very needed!

Facilities wise nothing happend since the financial situation. Next year we will probably get the TF up atleast maybe even the YF.

Top Scorer: (08-E) Anton Ahrn 33 goals 30(1) games

Most Assists: (08-D) Andi Bilali  11 assists 25(1) games

Best Average:  (08-E) Anton Ahrn 7.6 avg 30(1) games

Best Prospect: (10-A) Max Sundström 7.42 avg 9 goals 9 assists 22(0) games AND (09-C) Daniel Malmkvist 7.29 avg 6 goals 4 assists

80de198d6f813d6c50ea23353d3056b7.png

Kettering%20Town_zps1esi78fp.gif

Kettering Town 2025/26

League Table   Squad 1/Squad 2

Turned a corner this season, got about two thirds of the way through the season and was hovering around the relegation zone and conceding far too many goals, a slight tweak in the tactics saw us win 9 and draw 5 of the last 18 games. Pushing us up to 17th, finishing a comfortable 15 points above relegation.

The pick of the players was Tom Carpenter who chipped in with 9 goals and 5 assists but at times, ran games from midfield, unfortunately he refused to sign a new contract so I sold him to Doncaster for £130k with a decent sell on %. Jamaica under 20 star Gregory Green starred upfront with 22 goals and 9 assists.

Youth Intake is promising, Samuel Walsh is a much needed prospect at right back. Also Leigh Bee looks yet another good potential striker and I'm crossing my fingers that Danny Tunnicliffe could finally be the keeper to replace Paul White.

CAXIAS

image.png.88953d11ec85267454279b5b16475a1c.png

Season 2024 report

CAXIAS news:

Manager contract to the end of 2027.
After season (30.12.2014) moved to smaller but cheaper and newer stadium: Centenario [30,872] -> Tite Park [13,261]
Finished continental C license. [manager]

Few transfers out, mostly backup players from 2019-2020 intakes.
[Transfers]
---
Finances:
We were starting season with 1000k debt and 1100k loan.
Income:
        + 3750k from TV rights
        + 1500k Cup reward
        + 300k League position reward
Exp:
        - Youth Facilities will be improved twice for total 700k (16.6.2025)
        - Club Facilities will be improved twice for total 1900k (16.6.2025)

After season: we are rich with 2900k in bank and 1100k loan.
---
Regional league:
1st league phase: 3rd
2nd cup phase: semi-final, lost with Gremio [0-0] [0-2]

Cup:
With again had really good and lucky draws. We didn't get big opponent but we struggle every round, we lost 5th round with Serie C team [0-0] [0-1], we missed 2 penalties.
We earned plenty of money from rewards - 1,5M total.

National league:
Tactic and 1st team 4-5-1 [tactic] with lots of tweaks during matches.
predicted 20th [odds 551.00]
finished 11th and qualified to the Copa Sudamericana (despite the colours of the table), higher than my feeder club.
[Table]
We managed to keep up place in SERIE A and even qualify to the Sudamericana but...
One big conclusion from this season is that match engine in current state is totally random. I could play even instant result beacause results was so random and illogical.
We won matches with 5 shots and 3 goals against big teams, and we lost matches where we had over 20 shots against weak opponent's few.
Possesion style with slow build up did not produced good results. Even if i had dominance, we struggle to score a goal and we were losing due to set pieces or deflection shots.
I saw no style of play, there was only the chaos, set pieces, after deflection goals and long balls over defence.
More risky but better way to play was to go attacking with high press and fast short ball. You could lose 0-4 or win 3-1 with completely illogical possesion, shots, clear cut chances stats.

before switch - slow possesion balanced/positive build play
4 - 4 - 11 (win-draw-lost)
after switch - fast short pass and attacking high-press
10 - 4 - 5 (win-draw-lost)
We managed to establish a new league record: 90 yellows, 3 reds

September youth intake was decent, we got two good central defenders and promising right fullback.
We signed 10 players, but only 3 or 4 have chance to be in 1st squad. Rest players are planned as backup.
[intake] - [Pedro Lucas] - [E.Machado Takeda] - [Milico]

Top goalscorer: (2.a) Dion (S C)  - 18 goals - more goals but he is 2nd striker, played easier matches, overall bit worse performance than Douglas (S C) - 17 goals
Most assists: (1.b) Alemao (AM R) - 11 assists
Highest average rating: (1.b) Alemao (AM R) - 7.19
Most POM: (2.a) Dion (S C) - 5
MVP: (1.c) Luís Eduardo (D C) - [42%]
Best Youth u20: (2.a) Dion (S C) - 5th best average rating (6.98) from: 40 apps, 18 goals, 2 assists, 5 POMs

8yY2GFW.jpg

Edited by tomay

Due to some stuff going on I've not really been about much and not really had time to play FM lately, however I'm now starting to get some time and I loaded up my Bari save but it's been so long I've lost any connection to the save now :(

So I have returned to where I know best which is the English leagues, now my usual side Dulwich are not playable this year so I've had to find a new side and I've taken over Merthyr Town. I like the idea of an all Welsh side dominating (yeah right) the English leagues. Let's see how we go.

@Novafluff Well done mate, you are doing really well.

@TrickyTree91 I really liked the look of  Tom Carpenter it's disappointing he is gone, but he could be a windfall in the future, he looked exceptional for your level so here's hoping.

@tomay my possession tactic seems to improve each year with better play, I'm not sure if it's because of the regens being more suited to it, training increasing the players understanding of it, my intakes seem to be more in tune with the style as well over time, or the tweeks I am making to training. But long balls are a bit op, but I did actually score some nice goals around the box last season. Milico looks the deal, I like the look of the lad and 193cm at 16!

A bit of a mini update, preseason is about to start, but I was able to talk the board into a junior coaching upgrade (usually they wouldn't do it, but I persuaded them with my passion somehow), it's the first time the option has been available, so making a few sales has already started to reap rewards.

The board also agrees that a coaching course would be good for me, bagging me a Continental A license, I'm not sure if it's a compliment or not lol.

I have had a coaching overhaul which has made us almost the top of the league in all categories in this league, Pedro is my new fitness coach (of whom I am surprised signed for us, having coached Rangers and Cruz Azul), Paulo is my new GK coach and is a model citizen, I have also offered Filipe a contract as the new HOYD who is professional, my last having been fairly determined. It's interesting that my coaches have varying degrees of South American knowledge (Mexico, Argentina and Brazil), so it will be interesting if we get any intakes from there. Another bonus signing these coaches is that they asked for half the pay of the coaches I had before and are a lot better at their jobs, so double win there.

U19 staff ranked in the league, Senior coaching team ranked in the league.

Sporting Clube de Pombal - 2023-24 - Campeonato Nacional Prio

ul8wccV.gif

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Ended up deciding to change to a 4-5-1/4-3-3 since it suited my best players and things started really well, winning 6 of our first 7. But it was a bit of fools gold, we weren't creating enough in open play and were winning on the back of a good run of set pieces. A run of 6 games without a goal followed, and we never quite put together a realistic challenge from there, continuing to drop vital points against terrible teams.

We can be pleased with the defensive record - only 29 goals in 34 games, that included giving up 4 in a failed experiment with a 4-4-2 diamond. But the output from our front three was pathetic - 6 goals from our leading scorer isn't going to get the job done. A second negative was a broken leg for (22b) Mauro Borges who is one of our best prospects and had IMO already become our most important player. Hopefully he can fully recover and get back next year.

The positive was the youth intake. Not as deep as some have been but midfielder (24a) Rodrigo is already rated by my ass man as the second best player in the team. Keeping him in the future might be a challenge, I suspect the top tier teams will swoop in to unsettle him. We'll try to get in as many games from him as possible until that happens.

Again I had to lose in the cup twice to get out of a competition I never really cared for.

Need to find some goals from somewhere if we're to make the playoffs next year. The one thing giving me hope is that the under 19s score freely, so maybe it's just a player quality issue. Might have to give the team some tougher friendlies than usual next year and try out some tweaks.

Season  | Div | League | Cup | Notes
--------|-----|--------|-----|-----------------------
2019-20 | 3rd | 10th   | 1st | 7 points clear
2020-21 | 3rd |  2nd   | 3rd | Playoff Semi-Finals
2021-22 | 3rd |  2nd   | 2nd | Playoff Quarter-Finals
2022-23 | 3rd |  6th   | 2nd | Mid-season form slump
2023-24 | 3rd |  4th   | 2nd | Tactic changed to 4-5-1, can't score

@Shakes Wow that's a tight league, with only SP Espinho running away with things, finishing fourth is a good sign, it means you are there about.

Mauro Borges will be a loss for sure until he get's over his injury, but I really like the look of (24a) Rodrigo, passing 15, vision 13, teamwork 12, flair 13, technique 12 and bravery 15 seems like the makings of a wonderkid, I don't think I have ever had such a player in a youth intake ever!

Yeah the league was tight this year, definitely seems our group has been getting harder the last couple of years, with teams coming down from above and well performing teams in other groups being moved in. Outside the teams that went down nobody gave up more than 40 goals in their 34 games this year so I guess it's no surprise scoring was so hard. I think the quality of the players I have is probably better than the two years we finished 2nd, it's just the competition has gone up too.

Rodrigo is probably too good, it's mixed emotions to me when you get someone like that in lower divisions because you know they'll want a move. The second best player in the intake is also good enough to start playing in the first team and with a professional personality maybe (24b) Alexandre Capela might be someone I can keep.

@Shakes That's still promising though, with another year of experience under the belt for most of your players.

(24b) Alexandre Capela looks amazing as well and I just love seeing a player with high natural fitness.

I don't mind seeing these players and you have got two! These two plus the old guard could push the team forward, if (a big ask) you get promotion, they might just stick around for another year. If not, as long as there is a sell on fee there is still a lot to like about these players.

Personally I don't mind selling players, because in the long run you will hit gold with one or two, but I definitely won't sell for 15k or without a sell on fee.

Helio Vicente 3a has decided to sign a professional contract after coming into the first team last year, there have been Premier clubs bidding for him already so I was sweating on the contract, with so many players sold last season and quite a few released this season and last, we really needed him to stick around. Believe it or not he is our 2nd most talented centre back, so yes this season is going to be a tough one again, some youth really need to stand up and demand to be playing.

I really hate selling because in my experience you can't turn a profit in Portugal while maintaining a good youth setup until you're in Europe anyway. I'd rather they leave on a free and get another season out of them if I have to.

Vincente looks good to me, he'd be a first team player for me too, I keep getting shorties with no heading ability in my intakes for centre backs. I'd kill for someone with double digit heading.

29 minutes ago, Shakes said:

I really hate selling because in my experience you can't turn a profit in Portugal while maintaining a good youth setup until you're in Europe anyway. I'd rather they leave on a free and get another season out of them if I have to.

Vincente looks good to me, he'd be a first team player for me too, I keep getting shorties with no heading ability in my intakes for centre backs. I'd kill for someone with double digit heading.

I have played in Portugal before and as soon as you make the step up to the second division, money is not a problem, it's still keeping the bidders at bay that challenges your stability though. The hardest thing is that the gap between divisions is immense, the hardest I have come across. The challenge is to get promoted then avoid relegation for the next three seasons, if you can achieve that, then the hardest part is done, the rest is a waiting game/long slog.

All my CB have pretty good jumping, but they all lack quickness, Hugo Martins 2c is my most talented CB and the quickest, I have been fighting off bidders all last season and this one will probably be the same, the redeeming feature is that he seems to be happy to stay at the moment and not too fussed if I reject bids, but that could change :)

His profile says he is complaining, but we had a chat and he is happy atm.

The biggest hurdle in my save is that any second division team that gets relegated ends up in my division, so I have to compete with three or four professional teams, that's where selling players can be your saving grace, they could be the windfall to facility upgrades, or even going professional.

You think there's a big gap between divisions? In the past I found Portugal was pretty easy once you finally got out of the bottom division - second division is barely a step up, and even the top division has half a dozen teams that are nothing special. Admittedly my experience of actually getting out of the bottom division is a long time ago now and they've made it even harder since then. :D

I'm fairly confident I'm not going to be making any money unless I sell someone for a miracle amount - I'm losing over half a million euros a season due to the cost of the recruitment upgrades. I'm actually starting to worry the board might shrink the wage budget, which so far has been hugely above what I need. Having the money to keep the best prospects locked up on long term deals can at least give me a chance to ride out any unsettling bids.

This edition is different, the whole set up is different and there are hardly any Chinese players like you used to have. But yes, I found going up in divisions showed the disparity between the quality of players, you could sell one of your talented younglings and your whole season could go down the plughole.

Yeah I won't be looking for any more junior coaching upgrades, maybe recruitment because it is the cheapest, but it is at established atm. But the costs will kill you in this division, imho it's better to hope for a windfall or a good intake and improve training facilities (youth or senior), or get promoted.

Last season I spent 285k on youth, 23.4k p/w, this season with the junior coaching upgrade i am spending 25k, so it's not a big step up, it's a balancing act for sure.

I honestly think I will struggle this year, we lost a number of key players.

And so we say farewell to Fabio Periera 1b, he played three seasons for us and will now try to make the step up in the premier division, we thank him for his contribution, wishing the best. He will always be available at Barreirense (in a coaching role) and we hope he makes us lots of dollars in a transfer fee, Good luck lad!

He is around for a couple of weeks, I think it would be fitting to play him against Club Bugge! Who my manager thought appropriate?? A fitting send off and I think we would get battered otherwise.

All jokes aside, he was a quality player for us, came back on loan (as part of the transfer) but just couldn't get us across the line, I think I might do player updates because of him.

I have well established recruitment and excellent coaching. The entire setup is costing €61k a month. Explains how I got Rodrigo and how I'm going broke. I regret nothing (yet)! ;)

The 3 guys who have left me (regens already at the club from the holiday season intake) have spent time on loan back in our division. Nobody looking like they're going to be enough of a star to be sold on for worthwhile money. The best has already been sold once for €46k, so even if I'd gotten a cut of it it would have only kept the lights on for a week or two. Hopefully you'll be luckier and Periera will go further, he certainly has the physicals for it.

6 minutes ago, Shakes said:

I have well established recruitment and excellent coaching. The entire setup is costing €61k a month. Explains how I got Rodrigo and how I'm going broke. I regret nothing (yet)! ;)

The 3 guys who have left me (regens already at the club from the holiday season intake) have spent time on loan back in our division. Nobody looking like they're going to be enough of a star to be sold on for worthwhile money. The best has already been sold once for €46k, so even if I'd gotten a cut of it it would have only kept the lights on for a week or two. Hopefully you'll be luckier and Periera will go further, he certainly has the physicals for it.

:D

The guys I have sold have had a few games in the second division or premier, but it has been limited with most games in the reserves. But it's promising that they have been getting some game time in those divisions.

Hugo Martins 2c has had about 6 premier clubs bidding for him all during pre-season, he is very unhappy I didn't accept their 20k bids with no add on's. He had one pre-season match when he played horrible so I disciplined him, otherwise he is still performing. :onmehead:

His status is key player and asking price 900k :D

I got sick and tired negotiating for 120k with on sell fee's and they all keep repeating their bid ad nauseum, so I have been asking for 500k with a sell on fee to shut them up. They want to be obstinate, so can I, 500k with a 50% of next sale and a friendly thanks. He has 3 years left on his contract with an additional 2 years optional by the club, like it or lump it fellas. :kriss:

zW6KgEF.png

Season Review 2028

Veikkausliiga | Table | Suomen Cup | Squad | Transfers | Facilities | Finances | Best XI

Key Players: Matti Lähde (03a)| Kladji Adili (01a)

It's been a while since I've touched this save, but this time of year is when all my work piles up and I don't have any free time. I actually finished this season a while ago, but never did a write up, so I don't remember much of what happened. We snuck into Europe in the 3rd spot despite losing our last 3 matches in the league. Our finances are still alright. They are stable, but only increasing slowly. Anyways, I don't remember much more and on to next season where we see what happens in Europe. 

Season   League    Position   Suomen Cup     Europe    Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment     Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer         Most Assists           Highest Avg Rating 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019     Ykkonen     2nd      Group Stages    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic      Lost promotion playoff   Touré (13)         Ahonen (10)            Remes (6.97)
2020     Ykkonen     8th      2nd Round       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Jmaali (6)         Biga (5)               Ahonen (6.88)
2021     Ykkonen     4th      Quarterfinal    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Al-Take (01b) (10) Ahonen (7)             Adili (01a) (7.05)
2022     Ykkonen     3rd      Group Stages    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Ahonen (10)        Jurvainen (02b) (11)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.10)
2023     Ykkonen     3rd      Quarterfinal    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Lähde (03a) (24)   Jurvainen (02b) (11)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.48)
2024     Ykkonen     2nd      Quarterfinal    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic       Won promotion playoff   Lähde (03a) (25)   Martikainen (04b) (15) Lähde (03a) (7.28)
2025  Veikkausliiga  11th     Quarterfinal    N/A           Adequate               Poor               Average            Fairly Basic       Won relegation playoff  Lähde (03a) (25)   Jurvainen (02b) (14)   Lähde (03a) (7.11)
2026  Veikkausliiga  5th      Quarterfinal    N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Lähde (03a) (25)   Jurvainen (02b) (21)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.20)
2027  Veikkausliiga  5th      2nd Round       N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Lähde (03a) (15)   Jurvainen (02b) (13)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.07)
2028  Veikkausliiga  3rd      Quarterfinal    N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic         Qualified for EL      Lähde (03a) (15)   Lähde (03a) (8)        Lähde (03a) (6.98)

Bishop's Stortford

2020-2021 Season

m8pINIu.png

Table | TransfersFinances | Facilities | First Team

What started out as a rough season thanks to some injury and suspension concerns giving us a run of poor form through the first two months of play turned into a promotion run as we shot up the table, solidifying in a 4th place finish and playoff qualification. Not too bad for a team the media predicted to finish dead last again. Going into the playoffs on a 10 game undefeated run and off an 8-2 thrashing of East Thurrock, the squad was riding perfect morale and managed to sweep through Kingstonian in the first round, only to lose a hard fought game against Maidenhead 3-2 in the second round. We had a very strong offense to thank for our run this year, scoring 120 goals (a new record for our division), yet we still weren't top of the league in goal difference due to a slow, leaky back 4. I'll probably be switching back to a back 5 next year to help with some of the defensive miscues we suffered this year; we can afford to lose a bit of offense honestly.

With finances continuing to look quite good and with untouchable status thanks to winning Head Coach of the Season for the second year in a row, Little Jimmy has gotten a request approved by the board to expand the youth facilities for next year. While our intakes haven't been bad at all, this will hopefully allow us to jump up to the next level more quickly. In other news, the board is still looking for a location to build the new stadium announced last year, so the cost of that project is still up in the air.

Key Players

Pearson 01a ST, age 17: It wouldn't be out of the question to call this the year of David Pearson. He scored an astounding 40 goals in 36 (4) appearances in the league with an average rating of 7.55. This performance was enough to net him both Top Goalscorer and Player of the Season awards. It's hard to emphasize just how devastating Pearson was in the latter half of the year; his acceleration and pace allowed him to just put any team with a higher defensive line to the torch. Unfortunately, he's refusing to sign a professional contract with Bishop's Stortford as we're not good enough for his 'ambitions'. I'm not really surprised as the trainers have been saying he 'needs more challenges' since the moment we signed him, but we've got him for one more year, so hopefully we'll make the best of it.

Thomas MC, age 22: Jack Thomas is definitely not the best player on the team, but he's the best central midfielder we've got, and while he's not really up to the standard that we'd like to see, he had a great year nonetheless. Averaging a 7.38 across 38 (4) appearances and netting himself 7 goals and 11 assists in the process, Thomas was the anchor of the midfield throughout the year and posed a dangerous threat coming in late to the box during attacks.

Olusanya AMR, age 23:  Toyosi Olusanya primarily played on our right wing this year, cutting inside and acting as a dangerous threat together with our star right back Renee-Pringle. Olusanya's superior pace and acceleration allowed him to get into space and both get crosses into the box or receive them himself. He still has plenty of room to improve, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do over the next couple of years as he enters his prime.

Youth Intake

Goodman 02d DC, age 16: Goodman is probably the best player in our youth intake, as we really need a centerback and he's already about as good as the first team players. His pace isn't going to make us any slower, though it's certainly not an improvement, and he's lacking strength, but physicals have a way of going up quickly in young players, and I'm hoping that'll be the case here. 

Mcdonald 02a DR, age 16: Mcdonald has a lot of potential, but unfortunately we're going to be switching over to using wingbacks again next year, which will hurt him somewhat as WBR is not his natural position. He's lacking the pace that I'd really like to see from a wingback as well. but his work rate is solid. Still, we're pretty flooded at this position at the moment, so he might not be seeing first team football soon.

Johnson 02e, DLR, age 15: Johnson's a lot like Mcdonald, but he can play left fullback which is a huge weakness on our team. He needs some time to retrain as WBL which will limit his usefulness for a while, but if he can pick up the position and maybe a bit more pace he's got the natural fitness and work rate to make it work. His Mercenary personality is pretty worrying though, especially since I don't really have any good mentoring opportunities on the team at the moment.

MUs2YtA.png

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Youth Intake & Season Review 2029

fk_almeboda-linneryd.gif.71577c850a84c64273a4be895f05d8cf.gif

TABLE | TRANSFERS | FINANCES

11th season – PROMOTION TO ALLSVENSKAN!

Against all odds, we’ve achieved back-to-back promotions! The squad was largely the same as last year, just with (10A) Joakim Florén coming straight in to partner (9B) Christian Ljungdahl in a very strong strike force. (10B) Sotiris Papapostolou also slotted straight to improve a weak(ish) defence. It wasn’t easy – far from – but other teams made our lives easier towards the end of the year. We took advantage and climbed the table at just the right time – sealing automatic promotion with a win on the final day of the season. Örgryte IF (the champions) benefited most by winning their last 9 games in a row to clinch the title, after never being close. The extra coaches I requested are having a massive affect on the CA of every player, and they are growing and bonding as a solid unit.

It’s not all good news: we lost/are losing key players (8A) Mikael Ahrn (free transfer) and (9E) Emil Fällman-Linder (transfer automatically accepted by board).

The biggest news, however, came the day after promotion was sealed: the board announced that the club had just turned PROFESSIONAL! I did not even request this and was completed automatically – something I’ve never seen happen before. It’s a little bittersweet since it’s great we can now offer professional contracts and ramp up the training of players, but at the same time it’s more of a financial burden and we’re bound to lose players. The projected £1.3m in TV money next year will be appreciated though!

Son Watch: (6A) Luke Collins spent this year on loan to IK Sirius, who only just survived in the Allsvenskan. Maybe this is the year he stays at parent club Helsingborgs IF? He’s worth £155k now, so there’s still chance for him to be sold for big bucks!

Youth Intake: every year seems to spawn either a 4.5*/5* CA player, and this year is no different. We have promising full-back (11A) Joakim Ljungdahl. He is a superstar in the making and he immediately fills the void left from the unwanted sale of my favourite player (9E) Emil Fällman-Linder. That pain cannot be erased fully, but this helps.

YOUTH2029.thumb.PNG.3cbe289124e655c77b08884ab63f901b.PNG

Shortly after turning professional, I frantically offered out as many contracts as I possibly could. However, there are still many – including (10A) Joakim Florén – who still feel like FK Älmeboda/Linneryd are “not matching their ambitions”. I’m sure there are a few others I’ve not mentioned, but I’ve lost track of who is unlikely to stay. What a mess! This is currently who I'm up against for his signature.

Spoiler

FlorenTransfer.thumb.PNG.3edec34ac6469eec8fa926c6ee2c83a7.PNG

During this process we unfortunately also lost top-scorer/top-performer (9B) Christian Ljungdahl to Malmö on an immediate free transfer. The £275k compensation fee does not justify his contribution and/or ability. He will be sorely missed in the Allsvenskan. It gets worse: we’re also losing (9A) Victor Holmberg at the end of next season, with Malmö also snatching him. Luckily, I was in charge of his destiny and accepted a £500k bid to prevent him also leaving a free transfer.

With the loss of 4 key players, survival in our first season in the Allsvenskan will be our hardest challenge to date – and so will be keeping other top performers! We might just be okay financially now though and just keeping my fingers crossed for another great youth intake to cover all the positions we need.

Spoiler

I have already played the first season in Allsvenskan, and posting that shortly.

SUMMARY2029.thumb.PNG.13a4549b90efd50e5312180b0d625b09.PNG

FK Älmeboda/Linneryd

Youth intake & Season Review 2030

Table | Transfers | Facilities | Finances | Youth Intake

12th season all done and that also means that our 1st season in the second tier Superettan is done! We all knew it were gonna be a hard fight from the start and it really were from day 1 we had a hard time finding our way to play. Our succesful tactic from Div 1 that is very attacking were now hurting us more than doing us good and we were getting punished like never before. Not until the end of the season when we went back to our old 4-4-2 that we used when we struggled in DIv 1 we started to get some results here and there on our side. In the end we won our last 3 games 2 of them against relegation contenders and this saw us soaring up from instant relegation to actually safe ground and an 11th place will have to do for our first season. We will probably struggle next season as well and after that we will most likely lose three of our best players in (08-C)Robin Svensson,  (09-C) Daniel Malmkvist and (10-A) Max Sundström all dont want to sign new contracts.

Youth Intake wise were okay not good not bad Henningsson might feature in the team in a near future but the rest will have to develop in the U19 for a while.

Finances we are finally stable an healthy economy that will help us develop as a club

Facilities we finally got what we wanted for so long an upgrade to both TF and YF will help our players to develop even better and making more of our guys coming closer to their max potential

Top Scorer: (08-E) Anton Ahrn 12 goals 25(0) games

Most Assists: (07-B) Leif Vettersand 7 asssists 26(2) games

Best Average: (07-B) Leif Vettersand 7.39 avg 26(2) games

Best Prospect: (10-A) Max Sundström 3 goals 3 assists 6.83 avg  30(0) games

9e300ceb8bd2df97263bb869df2b6f74.png 

Edited by Novafluff

1194446097_CesenaLogo.gif.6c7cb3c002fa67c388da048ca278a27f.gif

Romagna Centro Cesena Season 2023/24

League Table                 Transfer History

My first season in Serie B went above my expectations. Finished in a respectable 7th position and was never even close to the relegation zone.

7th place secured me a place in the playoffs to Serie A and it was a confusing one. Got all the way to the final and as usual I had to check the rules. Its alot of if this and if that rules for different rounds in the italian playoffs.

In the rules I read it said that if a draw after extra time the highest ranked team would be the winner. 1st leg I won 2-1. 2nd leg was a close one where I took the lead in the 83rd minute.

They got a penalty in the 88th minute and made it a draw 4-4 on aggregate. The confusing part was the the match ended after 90 minutes and my boys where celebrating with black and white confetti all over the field. 

So I was sure the rules I read was wrong and I had won on away goals. But after the match the news said that Benevento was promoted due to being the higher ranked. So a little bug confusing me.

I dont think we are ready to play in Serie A just yet. One more year developing my young squad and maybe next season I will be ready.

A great season overall and per usual I post the best players of the season

Matches       Goals            Assist          AvRat

Antonio Vocaturo          32 (3)              2                    7                7.28

Gianmarco Baiardo        34 (3)             10                  6                 7.29           Team of the Year.

Edoardo Perrotta           36 (1)             10                  6                 7.22           Got first team spot after I had to sell an  unhappy key player. Incredible development during the season.

Luca Di Giacomo             29                  18                  8                 7.21           Voted Striker of the Season in Serie B. Team of the Year. 

Youth Intake was pretty decent. Some good cover and finally central defender :) I even got two of them :) Tony Caduceo and Edoardo Carducci.

Before the season started I sold a 18 year old backup winger to Napoli for 3.7M (4.7M). The board accepted to upgrade the youth facilities. But after the season they canceled the plans because we didnt have the finances for it.

It would have cost me alot more than I expected (4M) so I will wait until the finances are stable again. Still have red projection.

Looking forward to next season. Maybe promotion in sight ? :) 

Got the day off and coffee is ready :) 

GL to you all :)