Slow tempo or high tempo fit barcelona tiki taka style?

I remember a few years ago there's a post Neil clarify that Barcelona style is high tempo and on the other hand slow tempo fit Italian style.

However, in FM2019, the suggested Tika Taka tactics template suggested that Tiki Taka should use Much Slower Tempo.

It makes me very confused of what tempo actually affect.

Does Anyone hve an idea on this topic?

Cruyff’s philosophy (and Guardiola’s) was always patience build-up from defence but with higher tempo (few touches, ball running fast in order to move the opponent) and wide play (wingers touching the line even in the final third) to create space in the middle. There’s no discussion about.

This ‘positional play’ is still impossible to represent in the current ME. I’m really disappointed with that.

How can you make such a wrong statement and say no discussion lol. Does pep even play wingers with city? If he does wouldnt that be sterling and sane... To score 20 goals a season hugging the line is impressive. 

The preset is low presumably to make the passes more accurate and keep the ball. As herne said, that is someones interpretation. Not right or wrong. 

Personally im playing vertical tika taka and ive tweaked tempo a little higher, simply because i feel i have the players to do it... I also accept that my moves may break down more, but when the passes are accurate im more likely to catch the opponent out of shape.

In previous versions of FM I’ve used the “pass into space shout” in Tiki Taka tactics. That way you can still patiently probe at a lower tempo but when an opening does occur, you instantly look to play that killer pass. Obviously this is attribute and PPM dependent to be most effective, but that’s how I see Pep teams IRL. 

Archived