FM19 Tactics by TFF

Hi, guys! :))

Just wanted to share my results, using those great tactics from TFF.

Managing Real Oviedo in Liga 123 (Segunda Division) in Spain. In the three tactics slots I have Conqueror, Gladiator and Shield Wall. In most of the games (and always away) I start with Gladiator, because my team clearly is not among the best in the division. When I need a goal or I'm the clear favourite at home, I tend to switch to Conqueror. And Shield Wall is in use when I have the lead and I see my team losing ground at the end of the game. So far the results are astonishing. 18 games unbeaten in all comps, 2nd in the table, only behind Cadiz, who are dominating the league for now, but even in the away game against them I managed to come from behind twice for a 2:2 draw. 

636735170_RealOviedo_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.805026d2bf8a10a6d571024afb892f21.png

1495467785_LaLiga123_OverviewStages.thumb.png.ca40212e6619fb951f4ff883afa9d83f.png

TFF, big thanks for another set of briliant tactics with my favourite 4-4-2 and the variations to go with it! Using them 'till the end of the season and then I'll post again. I don't expect a promotion, 'cause I don't have proper players for the roles, but I'm sure with the required squad, those tactics can lead any team to glory days sooner or later. For me it's going to take a while, because I want to stick with spanish players, using the academy and spending less on the transfer market. 

Cheers to everybody and stick with TFF!

Edited by FMPassion

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, TFF, I have watched the short video, through I not have time to try yet, I can imagine how good it works. Only one small question: Why not use the short pass TI but instead using short pass PI for every single players? Is there any difference between these two?

13 minutes ago, Dr.Y said:

Hi, TFF, I have watched the short video, through I not have time to try yet, I can imagine how good it works. Only one small question: Why not use the short pass TI but instead using short pass PI for every single players? Is there any difference between these two?

Hey,

Yes, there's a difference between them.

The TI Passing settings also affect the Tempo settings, the individual passing settings don't do that. 

17 hours ago, Marcus N. said:

I wonder at which side I should Eden Hazard, he can use both feet so it comes that it doesn't matter? :)

He should do great at both sides

Ah, yes, it makes sense. Thanks a lot. Another question is that: As we already set the TI pressing to most urgency, will the PI "close down more" further strengthen it? Similar question for "Marking tighter", what is your opinion? 

14 minutes ago, Dr.Y said:

Ah, yes, it makes sense. Thanks a lot. Another question is that: As we already set the TI pressing to most urgency, will the PI "close down more" further strengthen it? Similar question for "Marking tighter", what is your opinion? 

The PIs "Close Down More" can be removed, they do nothing because the TIs setting overrides them anyway

"Marking tighter" is a different story and it doesn't relate to the "Close Down" settings

Hey TFF, any chance you could give us a couple of player traits which you think really help/hinder players. For example, both my IWBs have 'get forward whenever possible' and I'm wondering if this is bad for Gladiator V1. Thanks!

3 hours ago, cal909 said:

Hey TFF, any chance you could give us a couple of player traits which you think really help/hinder players. For example, both my IWBs have 'get forward whenever possible' and I'm wondering if this is bad for Gladiator V1. Thanks!

Hey, 

I wouldn’t train the IWBs “Get Forward Whenever Possible” PPM but if they’ve got it already then I find it isn’t tragic for their performance.

“Get Forward Whenever Possible” and “Plays One-Twos” are good PPMs fop the BBMs.

“Get Forwards Whenever Possible”, “Plays One-Twos” and “Moves Into Channels” are good PPMs for the strikers.

In general, I suggest avoiding having players that have these PPMs: “Stays Back All Time”, “Run With Ball Rarely” and “Play No Through Ball”.

23 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey, 

I wouldn’t train the IWBs “Get Forward Whenever Possible” PPM but if they’ve got it already then I find it isn’t tragic for their performance.

“Get Forward Whenever Possible” and “Plays One-Twos” are good PPMs fop the BBMs.

“Get Forwards Whenever Possible”, “Plays One-Twos” and “Moves Into Channels” are good PPMs for the strikers.

In general, I suggest avoiding having players that have these PPMs: “Stays Back All Time”, “Run With Ball Rarely” and “Play No Through Ball”.

Brilliant, I appreciate you getting back to me

On 19/03/2019 at 16:56, Totalfootballfan said:

TIs / PIs / Set pieces of Gladiator V1

Me and a friend have a rule on our network game: No IWBs allowed. Stupid rule but thats life. I usually play with WBs on attack or automatic. Any opinion on that? Could WBs on support be better? 

Edited by Navarone

Hi TFF I'm using your tactics since October.

I won everything with gladiator/conqueror in Barcelona and Juventus.

After the last update (19.3.4) I started a new save with Liverpool and the results are completely different.

I'm really with difficulties to win games with some regularity.

It's very difficult to finish a game without suffering goals, also from corners.

It doesn't work like before.

Are you thinking about updating the tactics or what do you think I can do to improve ?

Thanks a lot

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

First of all thank you for your tactics, you make life more joyful for me... 

Im using conqueror (with DLP and DR attack version) and promoted to EPL with Grimsby in 3 seasons... Just amazing, and in my first season at EPL i was at 3rd place with my poor team... however i don't know why i started to lose many games. Is it related with 19.3.4... Im using Mac and i can't understand when i did upgrade to 19.3.4... how can i see that or is that just coincidence

Thanks in Advance

Edited by Garrincha

2 hours ago, Garrincha said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

First of all thank you for your tactics, you make life more joyful for me... 

Im using conqueror (with DLP and DR attack version) and promoted to EPL with Grimsby in 3 seasons... Just amazing, and in my first season at EPL i was at 3rd place with my poor team... however i don't know why i started to lose many games. Is it related with 19.3.4... Im using Mac and i can't understand when i did upgrade to 19.3.4... how can i see that or is that just coincidence

Thanks in Advance

Hey mate,

Here's my post that I made on FM-Base, I suggest reading it because it gives a good insight about how things work in FM 

The difficulty of a league depends on the quality of the AI managers that play in this league.

The reputation of the league is a good indicator of the difficulty of playing in it.

The lower reputation of a league, the less difficulty of playing in it.

The higher reputation of a league, the higher difficulty of playing in it.

Let’s say you play in some low reputation league such as National League or even lower and let’s say you use an average tactic(nothing special) and you, also, manage a weak team and in this case despite all that you still have got a very good chance of wining the league or at least get the promotion.

Now imagine, you use the same average tactic and also manage a weak team but this time you play in some high reputation league such as English Premier league and in this case your chance of winning the league is extremely small, I’d say it’s almost zero.

The logic behind this is very simple, obviously, it much easier to play against low qualified AI managers then against high qualified AI managers, speaking other words, it’s much easier to play against some unknow AI manager in some low reputation league then against such AI managers as Pep Guardiola, Zinedine Zidane, Jurgen Klop and other.

The conclusion from the above is that you can't compare your results when you played in different leagues and when managed different teams, also, the higher reputation of a league, the higher difficult of playing in it.

So if you read my post above then it should be clear to you that at the begging of your career your results were extremely good considering the quality of your players because you started in a very low reputation league and used a very efficient (Conqueror) but every season you got a promotion to more reputable and challenging league and eventually you reached English Premier League, the most reputable and challenging league in the game so your overachieving level greatly reduced compared with what you had at the begging of your career.

Also, during your first season in EPL it was much easier to overachieve even that maybe your team was weaker than in the second season because you arrived in EPL with a very low reputation and the AI managers didn't take you seriously and they didn’t consider you as a treat so they were using reckless tactical approaches against you and that greatly helped you to punish them and get some additional points but in the second season after you finished the 3rd place your reputation greatly increased and the AI managers started to take you seriously so they starter to use more caution approaches against you and it became much more difficult to play against them.

Anyway, with Conqueror your always will be doing much better than your media prediction before the season but you should be ready that when you play in EPL, the most difficult league in the game then your overachieving level won't be the same as it was at the begging of your career when you played in low reputation league.

Also, if you want further increase your overachieving level then I suggest using Gladiator / Conqueror set more information about how to use the set can be found at the OP.

Hi TFF I follow you on FM Base but I don't know why I can't post there.

I read that but I don't see too much diference between Spanish Italian or Premier League.

Perhaps it doesn't work with Liverpool because the kind of players on Liverpool's squad.

For example, on Gladiator/Conqueror I don't find a place for Mané

On 03/04/2019 at 01:45, Totalfootballfan said:

hey @Totalfootballfan you are really kind answering me in detail... however i do believe tactic is not working as it worked in 19.3.0 at all anymore... I was winging 5-2 5-2 against Chelsea and Man City with my poor Grimsby (Conq v1) how ever now even  at home games its almost impossible to win against medium teams... I don't know why, i keep using Gold / cons combo but the same... cheers mate

On 03/04/2019 at 01:45, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

Here's my post that I made on FM-Base, I suggest reading it because it gives a good insight about how things work in FM 

So if you read my post above then it should be clear to you that at the begging of your career your results were extremely good considering the quality of your players because you started in a very low reputation league and used a very efficient (Conqueror) but every season you got a promotion to more reputable and challenging league and eventually you reached English Premier League, the most reputable and challenging league in the game so your overachieving level greatly reduced compared with what you had at the begging of your career.

Also, during your first season in EPL it was much easier to overachieve even that maybe your team was weaker than in the second season because you arrived in EPL with a very low reputation and the AI managers didn't take you seriously and they didn’t consider you as a treat so they were using reckless tactical approaches against you and that greatly helped you to punish them and get some additional points but in the second season after you finished the 3rd place your reputation greatly increased and the AI managers started to take you seriously so they starter to use more caution approaches against you and it became much more difficult to play against them.

Anyway, with Conqueror your always will be doing much better than your media prediction before the season but you should be ready that when you play in EPL, the most difficult league in the game then your overachieving level won't be the same as it was at the begging of your career when you played in low reputation league.

Also, if you want further increase your overachieving level then I suggest using Gladiator / Conqueror set more information about how to use the set can be found at the OP.

Season Review Rangers. - Playing Conqueror from its first incarnation to V5.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203592&stc=1  

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203593&stc=1   attachment.php?attachmentid=1203594&stc= 

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203595&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203597&stc= 

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203596&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203598&stc=

Domestic sweep, beating Celtic 4-0 in the cup final. Kyle Lafferty putting in a stellar season at 31 yrs old, when i thought i might have to shift him..

Il y a 10 heures, wkdsoul a dit :

Season Review Rangers. - Playing Conqueror from its first incarnation to V5.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203592&stc=1  

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203593&stc=1   attachment.php?attachmentid=1203594&stc= 

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203595&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203597&stc= 

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203596&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1203598&stc=

Domestic sweep, beating Celtic 4-0 in the cup final. Kyle Lafferty putting in a stellar season at 31 yrs old, when i thought i might have to shift him..

which is your skin please?

22 hours ago, Garrincha said:

OK.. V5 works perfect in 19.3.4 My poor Grimsby is like a dream team in EPL :))) 

It's really weird... I won all 12 games with 4 goal scoring average. then something happened and it stopped... 

And i started again to test with the same save / team everything 2 wins 2 draws and 8 lost... 

there is something super wrong with this game

can't explain that... 

2 hours ago, Garrincha said:

It's really weird... I won all 12 games with 4 goal scoring average. then something happened and it stopped... 

And i started again to test with the same save / team everything 2 wins 2 draws and 8 lost... 

there is something super wrong with this game

can't explain that... 

It's the patch, TTF i think needs to retest his tactics and see ho they stand in this 19.3.4 Match Engine

3 hours ago, Mr Hough said:

It's the patch, TTF i think needs to retest his tactics and see ho they stand in this 19.3.4 Match Engine

Totally agree with that. 

• 2 weeks later...
В 14.04.2019 в 11:25, Mr Hough сказал:

19.3.4 - disgusting patch! Such instability of results probably at all never was long ago.

Edited by Dersturmer

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/03/2019 at 20:54, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, in order to remove any confusion I've renamed V7 of “Berserk” tactic into “Crusher” tactic and put it into “Attacking Section” at the OP.
So from there 2 combinations: Gladiator / Conqueror and Berserk / Crusher

Also I’ve added this guide to the OP

Guide How To Use The Tactics:

I find that the most efficient way to play FM19 is using a combination that consists of 2 tactics: "Gladiator" and "Conqueror".

I suggest starting matches with "Gladiator" tactic because I find that it’s a very balanced tactic and if during some match you start losing or your team can't score then you always can switch for "Conqueror" tactic in order to become more attacking and to put more pressure on the opposition.

Please notice, when you switching for "Conqueror" tactic then you become more attacking but the same time you become less solid at the back so such decision requires a careful thought.

If you find it's hard to fit your team into Gladiator / Conqueror combo due to lack of players for ML/MR positions then in that case you can use Berserk / Crusher combo until you adjust your team to fit into Gladiator / Conqueror combo.

Helllo TFF u have 4-1-2-2-1 tactic with winger ot 5-2-3 please ?

1 hour ago, Macca2610 said:

Can you tell meow to download your latest updated tactics please.. also are you tactics any good for non league teams thanks Sean

First post is the latest (Mediafire link).

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys!

I've updated Gladiator, Conqueror, Berserk and Crusher tactics.

I applied few tweaks which should slightly increase the efficiency of the tactics.

Changes:

- changes the crosses settings from "Low Crosses" to "Mixed"

- changed the passing setting of DL/DR/DM/MCL/MCR position from "Short" to "Standard"

- Added "Gets Further Forward" PI for DL/DR positions

I think I'll switch to the Gladiator/Conqueror combo for my next season. A bit afraid to switch to 442s when I've been playing 4231/433s since the beginning of my career. Someone to confirm it's a good combo?

And what about the Crusher? I like that it has 2 CMs and 2 wide men higher than the Conqueror.

Edited by JeffDogg

15 hours ago, JeffDogg said:

I think I'll switch to the Gladiator/Conqueror combo for my next season. A bit afraid to switch to 442s when I've been playing 4231/433s since the beginning of my career. Someone to confirm it's a good combo?

And what about the Crusher? I like that it has 2 CMs and 2 wide men higher than the Conqueror.

Gladiator and conqueror are both excellent, as is crusher! I like all the tactics and they will behave differently (still successfully) for everyone depending on the players in your team. For example, gladiator might work better for the team I am managing but it wouldn't work as well as conqueror does for you. I am also a fan of 4-2-3-1 formations and don't really like 2 strikers, so I have a save with Gladbach using shield wall which I enjoy. However I started a save with Sampdoria and have implemented conqueror, which has been going really well. My favourite tactic of TFF's so far for fm19 has admittedly been a 4-2-3-1 called punisher from an earlier patch which was so fun using with Udinese.  

6 hours ago, ausmjace said:

Gladiator and conqueror are both excellent, as is crusher! I like all the tactics and they will behave differently (still successfully) for everyone depending on the players in your team. For example, gladiator might work better for the team I am managing but it wouldn't work as well as conqueror does for you. I am also a fan of 4-2-3-1 formations and don't really like 2 strikers, so I have a save with Gladbach using shield wall which I enjoy. However I started a save with Sampdoria and have implemented conqueror, which has been going really well. My favourite tactic of TFF's so far for fm19 has admittedly been a 4-2-3-1 called punisher from an earlier patch which was so fun using with Udinese.  

I went with Crusher, and it's pretty promising. Friendlies against Sassuolo, Salzburg and Dortmund: 8-0, 8-0, 7-0. First official game vs Benfica: 6-1

Edited by JeffDogg

24 minutes ago, JeffDogg said:

I went with Crusher, and it's pretty promising. Friendlies against Sassuolo, Salzburg and Dortmund: 8-0, 8-0, 7-0. First official game vs Benfica: 6-1

And who are you playing?

On 28/07/2019 at 06:34, ausmjace said:

By the way: ?!?!?!

Shield Wall is a 4-1-4-1

Hi, guys.

I've added a new tactic to the OP. It's called STALKER.

STALKER V1 is a tweak of GLADIATOR V2, the only tweak is the right striker was moved down to AMCR position and its role/duty/PIs were tweaked, anything else in the tactic is the same.

You can use STALKER V1 if you want incorporate AMC position into your tactic.

Stalker-V1.png

• 2 months later...

I had great success with Conqueror in FM2019 so I thought I'd try it in FM2020. It works almost as well. First season with Leicester won the EPL with no significant signings and half the season I was on holiday (purely to test the tactic). The only downside was that the team got a lot of yellow cards.

1204078883_LeicesterEPLLeague2020.thumb.gif.995de49f8227f122dc495f0192711761.gif

47 minutes ago, Jackrosiemaisie said:

I had great success with Conqueror in FM2019 so I thought I'd try it in FM2020. It works almost as well. First season with Leicester won the EPL with no significant signings and half the season I was on holiday (purely to test the tactic). The only downside was that the team got a lot of yellow cards.

1204078883_LeicesterEPLLeague2020.thumb.gif.995de49f8227f122dc495f0192711761.gif

You still using the filters ??