Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:42, Sekaser said:

After five seasons doing okay with the STORMCALLER V14, I struggled a bit last season so I decided to give the BATTLEMASTER V5 a try and... well I don't think too much need to be said, just have a look at the picture!

league-table.png

And just some extra info:

  Reveal hidden contents

media-prediction.png

  Reveal hidden contents

competitions.png

  Reveal hidden contents

fixtures.png

  Reveal hidden contents

squad.png

  Reveal hidden contents

records.png

 

I made sure to have a tailored squad, as you can see I was predicted to finish 5th so I had nothing really special. The tactic is simply awesome (you are gonna score a lot of goals from throw-ins by the way).

@Totalfootballfan congrats dude you just nailed it!

From experience, the throw ins generate countless sitters which players hit straight at the keeper. The rest of the efforts are long range which often leads to 30-40 shots a game, few goals and the opposition scoring from a corner or free kick. Rinse and repeat-glad this doesn't happen to all of us...also routinely hitting the woodwork 4-5 times a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Every goal I concede comes from the right hand side and often a long ball over the top. I'm guessing this has something to do with the inverted wing backs as they are very often out of position when the opposition breaks on me. Any idea how to combat this.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's one of the best tactics for FM19 but against bigger teams i cant win and i conceded 3-5 goals. What i have to do?

Edited by Theodoros Yiorkas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, true_valiant said:
  1. Every goal I concede comes from the right hand side and often a long ball over the top. I'm guessing this has something to do with the inverted wing backs as they are very often out of position when the opposition breaks on me. Any idea how to combat this.?

Try playing central defenders with high pace/acceleration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Where could I find the links to all of TFFs tactics? @Totalfootballfan

Thanks!!!

Edited by duque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamoritch said:

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

I think it works in all divisions.

Tbh this tactic is reliable but I wouldn't say it works miracles, it does rely on a bit of set piece abuse. Then again.. it's not like any tactic should be insta-win. If you want actual success then you need this tactic in combination with morale management and buying good players.

But yes, I do think you can over achieve with this tactic with any team in any division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2019 at 10:48, Jamoritch said:

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

Currently in Vanerama League South, works wonders, just make sure you have quick central defenders, the full backs push up and move into the middle when you are near the edge of the opponent's box and long ball counter-attacks can burn you.

Also, find a good set piece guy, makes all the difference in the lower leagues.  Striker/AMC isn't a big deal, quick DCs, good dribbling ML/MR and a good set-piece man.  Should be enough to get through the lower league, especially non-league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi TFF, I have been using your tactics since FM 16, and they work pretty well, but I have some questions.

Firstly, what is the difference between the MCL and  MCR in Battlemaster V5? I think the box to box midfielder should be better at tackling, shooting and stamina and the deep lying midfielder should be better at passing, but your attribute filters says their qualities should be the same.

Secondly, why the ML has an attacking duty and the MR has a support duty? I also noticed that the MR positions wide when our team has the ball. Is it because of the hardness of finding left-footed right wingers or something else?

Thanks by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is genuinly one of the best tactics I've used throughout my 'FM-career'

For the first time ever, I've used the Create a club mode and made myself a team in the 5th tier of Belgium. Since I could've pick my players at the creation of the club, I was able to select players with the correct roles for each position. I think that surely is one of the main factors for my huge success so far. 

In the league, I'm winning everything with big numbers. Except for this one game where I had 27 chances against 3 and drew 1-1. 

dV0IDrj.thumb.png.34996f1588fa4a633755d57d39ddb73c.png

 

But then came the cup. I didn't change a thing to my tactic, just using my strongest possible team everytime. And I'm in the cup final! Tbh, Anderlecht didn't play their strongest team against me. But the other teams did, and I've just outplayed them. 

aBjFS7i.thumb.png.36be01176e152ba3dd0131624d9bfc8f.png

 

Thanks for the awesome tactic (Battlemaster V5)! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2019 at 10:48, Jamoritch said:

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

I can confirm this tactic works with lower leagues- I used TFF Battlemaster V5 with York City, and managed to get them into the Premier League within 7 seasons! I did however switch mentality to cautious- as on my Crystal Palace save I found I did better with Cautious than with Standard. Currently mid table in Premier League after a meteoric rise with York!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I might do is tweak and test my cautious Battlemaster version more. So far I've not changed anything apart from mentality, I may play around with defensive line and a few other things for really big teams/away from home- I've finished 9th in my first two seasons in the Premier with York, struggling to break above that though we did probably have the weakest squad when we went up so it was almost certainly a massive overachievement, though this season we have a much better squad and are hovering around the same position, though not sure if the update has altered the ME, teams seem more difficult to break down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

******



Hi Guys!
By popular demand I've updated the tactic

The new version received a new name CONQUEROR smile.gif

It includes the long the throw-in exploit and short corner exploits but I've tested it without those exploits and it delivered the best results so it would my first choice tactic if there weren't the exploits



Please notice that there's a new requirement in the new version:

-- MR : Right Foot – Very Strong

-- ML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong



CORNERS:

DR: takes the right corners

DL: takes the left corners



P.S. soon I'll update the OP to suite the new version

 

 

Conqueror-V1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey tff 

Can u plz answer some questions??

U once explained that second season syndrome.The thing with reputation and all.

So i chose a tactic and started a save with hoffenheim in germany and i won title with default squad(predicted to finish 6th).

And then next season i improved the squad and media prediction rose to 4rth so where should i haf finish.

I played 5-6 games and just won one game and i felt tactic was falling apart and in frustration deleted the save.

Does it happen that tactic underperforms (makes team finsh below than media prediction) if reputation increases too much.

Is it normal??

I am totally confused atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asrar Amin said:

Hey tff 

Can u plz answer some questions??

U once explained that second season syndrome.The thing with reputation and all.

 

Hey mate,

The way "Your Club Reputation" works is quite simple.  

The AI manager’s choice what tactical approaches to use in the match against your team is heavily based on the difference between your team reputation and his team reputation so for example, if your team reputation is 10000 and his team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure the AI will pick a defensive/counter approach and if there’s an opposite situation where his team reputation is 10000 and your team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure he’ll pick an attacking/overload approach.

When you start with the weakest club in the league then at the beginning all other clubs in the league have a higher reputation than your club so they all use attacking approaches when they play against you but overtime if you do well and win then your reputation grows and more clubs start using more caution/defensive/counter approaches against your team so it might have a significant impact on your results because your tactic might be less effective when it faces defensive/counter approaches than when it faces attacking/overload approaches.

 

 

1 hour ago, Asrar Amin said:

So i chose a tactic and started a save with hoffenheim in germany and i won title with default squad(predicted to finish 6th).

And then next season i improved the squad and media prediction rose to 4rth so where should i haf finish.

I played 5-6 games and just won one game and i felt tactic was falling apart and in frustration deleted the save.

Your results in the previous season don’t guaranty anything in the current season because it might be that you result in the previous season were greatly affected by “luck factor”.

Even with the worst tactic in the game and with weakest team in the league there’s a 0.0000000001 % probability that you will win the league but then next season after the winning you might finish somewhere in the mid-table or bottom-table even if you managed greatly improve the squad because without extreme luck your results should be very weak and that’s why the longer time you test your tactic the more accurate understanding you have about its efficiency  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thnx a lot mate 

So u mean u have come across tactics which play great as underdogs and fail hugely when favorites??

And please is there any chance u sharing your testing system like u did in fm17 ??

Also the new tactic u uploaded.Does wingers cutting inside have a bad effect on its efficiency??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Asrar Amin said:

So u mean u have come across tactics which play great as underdogs and fail hugely when favorites??

 

No, you should never expect to see that your tactic do great when you use it with an underdog team but it fails hugely when you use with a favorite team BUT you should expect to see that your tactic efficiency might vary up to 30% depends on what approaches the AI opponent use against you, it never will be work the same agasint all posible AI apporaches.

 

 

53 minutes ago, Asrar Amin said:

And please is there any chance u sharing your testing system like u did in fm17 ??

 

Sorry mate… due to many reasons at the moment I don’t have plans to share it

 

 

53 minutes ago, Asrar Amin said:

Also the new tactic u uploaded.Does wingers cutting inside have a bad effect on its efficiency??

 

For example, if your winger play “at the right flank” and he’s got PPM “Cuts Inside From The Right Flnak” then it have some negative impact but it isn’t critical, for example, if you got Messi at the right flank then you shouldn't worry about it :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFF will you be uploading a handy little video like last time for the new conquerer tactic or a few screen shots of player instructions for those of us with a tablet and no pc or Mac to download via the iTunes way ?

im sure there would be lots of happy people :hammer: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

TFF will you be uploading a handy little video like last time for the new conquerer tactic or a few screen shots of player instructions for those of us with a tablet and no pc or Mac to download via the iTunes way ?

im sure there would be lots of happy people :hammer: 

cant you just install the FM demo on a PC and copy over what you see? (obvs I'm assuming you have a PC to run the demo...) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carninho said:

cant you just install the FM demo on a PC and copy over what you see? (obvs I'm assuming you have a PC to run the demo...) :)

Afraid I have no PC! Just an iPad 

thanks for the advice though !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**********



Guys, I've added a new tactic "SHIELD WALL" to the OP.

The new tactic might be less effective in general than "CONQUEROR" but definitely it's better defensively.

There are a lot of cases during the game when "Shield Wall" tactic can be very handy, for example, you can switch for it during matches if you've got a solid lead by 2 or 3 goals, or you can use in the 2nd leg play-off if you won the 1st leg with a solid advantage… those are few examples but of course there are more cases when it can be used

 

F19-TFF-SHIELD-WALL-V1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 10:41, Totalfootballfan said:

******



Hi Guys!
By popular demand I've updated the tactic

The new version received a new name CONQUEROR smile.gif

It includes the long the throw-in exploit and short corner exploits but I've tested it without those exploits and it delivered the best results so it would my first choice tactic if there weren't the exploits



Please notice that there's a new requirement in the new version:

-- MR : Right Foot – Very Strong

-- ML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong



CORNERS:

DR: takes the right corners

DL: takes the left corners



P.S. soon I'll update the OP to suite the new version

 

 

Conqueror-V1.png

Do any other striker roles work? Af or p ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a pretty realistic thing imo, as it frequently happens in real life e.g. Leicester City, Burnley, and many other teams who eventually get "Fugured out".

On my Crystal Palace Save it took me 10 seasons after getting promoted  before I finally was able to build a squad strong enough to win the EPL (I didn't start with them- I took over them after they had been relegated after being stuck near the bottom the Championship) and the odd season or two I had significantly strengthened my team only to see the team performing roughly the same as the last year. 

On my York save I had the weakest team that came up from the Championship (predicted to finish bottom) though I strengthened with some decent free transfers during the summer, each season in the last 3 I've got a stronger squad and finished 9th, 9th, 11th in the EPL.

Looking forward to the Conquerer- will test the attacking vs a cautious tweak!

 

On 23/01/2019 at 16:07, Totalfootballfan said:

 

>>Hey mate,

The way "Your Club Reputation" works is quite simple.  

The AI manager’s choice what tactical approaches to use in the match against your team is heavily based on the difference between your team reputation and his team reputation so for example, if your team reputation is 10000 and his team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure the AI will pick a defensive/counter approach and if there’s an opposite situation where his team reputation is 10000 and your team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure he’ll pick an attacking/overload approach.

When you start with the weakest club in the league then at the beginning all other clubs in the league have a higher reputation than your club so they all use attacking approaches when they play against you but overtime if you do well and win then your reputation grows and more clubs start using more caution/defensive/counter approaches against your team so it might have a significant impact on your results because your tactic might be less effective when it faces defensive/counter approaches than when it faces attacking/overload approaches.

 

 

Your results in the previous season don’t guaranty anything in the current season because it might be that you result in the previous season were greatly affected by “luck factor”.

Even with the worst tactic in the game and with weakest team in the league there’s a 0.0000000001 % probability that you will win the league but then next season after the winning you might finish somewhere in the mid-table or bottom-table even if you managed greatly improve the squad because without extreme luck your results should be very weak and that’s why the longer time you test your tactic the more accurate understanding you have about its efficiency  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

********

Conqueror tactic has been updated to V2



Guys, I've applied few tweaks to further improve the tactic efficiency.


Changes:

- tweaked the roles, duties and PIs of STCL/STCR positions

- tweaked the duties and PIs of DL/DR positions

- tweaked the PIs of MCL position

 

 

Conqueror-v2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2019 at 20:45, Suffpunch89 said:

TFF will you be uploading a handy little video like last time for the new conquerer tactic or a few screen shots of player instructions for those of us with a tablet and no pc or Mac to download via the iTunes way ?

im sure there would be lots of happy people :hammer: 

Seconded! Would be really helpful for those of us on the switch too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swapped to Conqueror ,enjoying the two strikers,formation has breathed new life into my CD Tenerife team ,Thanks man keep up the good work (Y)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys and gj TTF.

I am coaching Crewe team and I am the underdog in Sky Bet Championship league.

Which 2 TTF's tactics do you suggest me to use?

Thanks and bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for individual training on the goalkeeper, is it better to just stick with standard goalkeeper? or train sweeper keeper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, drummeruk said:

for individual training on the goalkeeper, is it better to just stick with standard goalkeeper? or train sweeper keeper?

I use standard training for my GK and he does well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Russell10 said:

Best tactic for Millwall first season in championship?

they all work, just depends on your forwards. if you have a SS then play that in a 4411 if not then 442

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2018 at 11:38, Karimza said:

V2 of Ashbringer looks just deadly :)

I started a new save with Southampton to try it and here are my results so far

 

puk01.png

 

puk02.png

dude  what is the best tactic can u give me link i cant find ashbringer tactic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you find your teams getting a ridiculous amount of red cards? I’m Luton tearing it up but recently I’m getting a red card every game, sometimes two? Really frustrating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corndog69 said:

Do you find your teams getting a ridiculous amount of red cards? I’m Luton tearing it up but recently I’m getting a red card every game, sometimes two? Really frustrating 

 

As far as I know there are many reasons why a player can get a red card, it might happen due a high level of his hidden "Dirtiness'' attribute or just the referee might had a bad match and did a lot of mistake...

Btw, do you remove ''Hard Tackle'' PI when your players get booked as TFF suggested at the OP?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FABREGASFTW said:

Were can I find a download link for Stormcaller v 14?

if it is not on the first page, it is gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

Hi TFF

what change did you make to the DL? 

Hey,

I removed "Get Further Forward" PI

 

25 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

And do you have any specific team training you prefer to use? 

Some tips about the training can be found at the OP

In general, "Training" is a very complicated subject that has many areas and it requires doing a lot of explanation to cover them all and I don’t think that this thread is an appropriate place to start such discussion. :)

If you have some "very specific" questions about the training which aren't covered in the OP then only in that case I can try to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...