Sports Interactive Community

I've had fun experimenting with these tactics and I'm wondering what TFF (and everyone else) thinks make them successful. Watching periods of the full game, it seems like the narrowness of the formation is the key. Out of possession, it crowds the opposition through narrowness and compressed line of engagement/defensive line, while at the same time, through the formation, having an extreme attack grouping and extreme defense grouping ready to go in transition that can outnumber the opposition defense. In transition the VOL enables the ball to be moved quickly upfield under control (i.e. not by hoofing it but by running with it), with many passing options close by given the narrowness of the forward group, which also overwhelms their opposition backline through pure central numbers. 

Be interested to hear others' opinions on why these tactics work.

I'm saving Ashbringer V9 into my directory, but nothing shows up when I try to load it in game.

Anybody else having the same problem?

6 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Thanks, but that's not working either. It's in the tactics folder, but nothing shows up when I try to load it. Any chance you could let me see the full team instructions?

I suggest you try to save one of your own tactics and see whether it appears in the folder or not and if it appears then make sure that you put downloaded tactic in that directory

Btw, do you play Public Beta or Private Beta? There might be difference between these two versions which makes it's imposible to transfer tactics between them

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I suggest you try to save one of your own tactics and see whether it appears in the folder or not and if it appears then make sure that you put downloaded tactic in that directory

Btw, do you play Public Beta or Private Beta? There might be difference between these two versions which makes it's imposible to transfer tactics between them

Just on the normal beta. Your old tactics worked, as do my own.

7 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Just on the normal beta. Your old tactics worked, as do my own.

Hmmm... that's weird in that case the only I can suggest is reinstalling the game

Also, before installing it I suggest manually deleting all files and directories that might left after uninstall and I also suggest deleting the Cache folder

1 hour ago, EdJames said:

Thanks, but that's not working either. It's in the tactics folder, but nothing shows up when I try to load it. Any chance you could let me see the full team instructions?

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 22.20.50.png

Try ''Downloads'' folder instead of looking at ''Tactics'' folder

was playing gengen pressing 4231 from default tactics which won me championship and fa cup 1st season with blackburn. continued playing gengen which got me 7th place in epl 2nd season then began to lose. switched to this tactic 3rd season finished 4th epl 3rd season. currently top of epl 4th season with decent team and doing well in champs league. using ashbringer.

Edited by Urotsukidoji

20 minutes ago, cadchee said:

Try ''Downloads'' folder instead of looking at ''Tactics'' folder

I physically put it (and can see it) in the Tactics folder. It's as if it's not recognising it as a valid file type.

Guys, I've added to the OP and added a new tactic – PUNISHER

Also, I've removed STROMCALLER tactic from the OP because at this point I don't see that this tactic can be any use.

Also, I've updated ASHBRINGER and DEMOLISHER tactics to V10, added some important tweaks to the set pieces and few other tweaks.

Here's how I would rate the tactics by thier efficiency:

1) Punisher, Demolisher

2) Ashbringer

PUNISHER

Punisher-V1.png

What is the reasoning for the LB to have a support duty and the RB attack? Is it so that there is always 3 defenders during opponents counters? My RB is wrecking **** up while the LB isn't near that level. 

3 hours ago, Saikouro said:

What is the reasoning for the LB to have a support duty and the RB attack? Is it so that there is always 3 defenders during opponents counters? My RB is wrecking **** up while the LB isn't near that level. 

I'm guessing it's got something to do with the fact that the left central midfielder will wander much higher up the pitch than the right central midfielder. Having the LB on support rather than attack keeps everything more balanced when the left central midfielder is high up the pitch.

ALL TACTICS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

Guys, I tweaked the passing settings across the positions in all tactics, tweaked the PIs of DL position in Ashbringer tactic and tweaked the attacking throw-in delivery in all tactics

This update gives a solid improvement so don't miss it

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

ALL TACTICS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

Guys, I tweaked the passing settings across the positions in all tactics, tweaked the PIs of DL position in Ashbringer tactic and tweaked the attacking throw-in delivery in all tactics

This update gives a solid improvement so don't miss it

Hiya mate.

Cheers for the tactic but one issue I'm having.

My players, especially fullbacks keep on switching the ball and it getting intercepted pretty much every time, is this due to passing or a tweak in tactic?

V11 Ashbringer plays a beautiful football and looks unstoppable :)

Here are my results with Monaco

mon1.png

mon2.png

Edited by Karimza

Any chance somebody could share the team and player instructions ? I can't get the tactics to show up in the directory still.

You're spoiling me TFF, all the releases thus far have had an amazing impact on both my one player and online game with my buddy (whom I've shared your tacs with also - giving you the utmost credit of course) :thup:

23 hours ago, EdJames said:

I physically put it (and can see it) in the Tactics folder. It's as if it's not recognising it as a valid file type.

I had this problem.

You need to make sure you actually click the link and go to mediafire, as opposed to using "Save Link As..."

Edited by Redfearn85

I've been using Ashbringer with Ajax, but struggle against bigger CL opposition, would Stormcaller now work better against tougher opposition??

19 minutes ago, hm86 said:

I've been using Ashbringer with Ajax, but struggle against bigger CL opposition, would Stormcaller now work better against tougher opposition??

I would rank the tactics this way (sorted by their efficiency)

1) Crusher, Demolisher

2) Punisher

3) Stromcaller

4) Ashbringer

Guys, I've updated the OP and added Time Wasting tactics for these tactics: Stormcaller, Ahsbringer, Crusher and Punisher

I'll add a Time Wasting tactic for Demolisher a bit latter

Ashbringer and now Stormcaller are no longer working for me (Ajax season 2)! Teams at the bottom end of the team seem to shut me out. My strikers, Ibrahimovic, Dolberg, Buitink and Origi couldn't hit a barn door!!

Its obviously my players (but hard to see how teams much weaker are shutting them out) as others are having success on various levels.

Edited by hm86

Hey, nice tactics as always, i've been a fan since FM 2015. I wanna ask if u can create a successful 4-3-3, something like Barca and City style, also Chelsea this season? I was able to create the possession style very well, getting 60-65% every game but they just don't score many goals. A lot of games the opponents go in deep defence and even some of the best players in the game can't break them, even though statistically they get 15-20 shots but low clear chances and goals. Thanks!

15 hours ago, Den1ss said:

Hey, nice tactics as always, i've been a fan since FM 2015. I wanna ask if u can create a successful 4-3-3, something like Barca and City style, also Chelsea this season? I was able to create the possession style very well, getting 60-65% every game but they just don't score many goals. A lot of games the opponents go in deep defence and even some of the best players in the game can't break them, even though statistically they get 15-20 shots but low clear chances and goals. Thanks!

This is exactly what happens to me, even though my squad has far superior players in most if not all areas. Then the opposition gets 1 lucky break and score.

Guys, I've removed Ashbringer, Stormcaller and Crusher tactics from the OP and left only Demolisher tactic.

I find that Demolisher tactic is the only approach that offer such overachieving level which is fun to play at the moment, everything else is just too inconsistent and random.

Hi TTF

I have found version 5 of Ashbringer before you added the corner exploit still works well, using it with Stockport now in the National League I find the direct passes through to attack from dm's to AF works really well, would post on FM Base but I do not have a account there

Thanks

image.thumb.png.ac3699045a329cc56043b1ba3ae4e77d.png

image.thumb.png.ddb5e5bf5ad47f1d2199a1d6401ace65.png

Guys, I've updated Demolisher tactic to V12

There are many changes which greatly increase the tactic's efficiency so If you play with Demolisher then I strongly suggest you go for the new version

On 26/10/2018 at 23:03, Redfearn85 said:

I had this problem.

You need to make sure you actually click the link and go to mediafire, as opposed to using "Save Link As..."

Legend! Finally, that resolves it, ta.

Hi TFF

Ashbringer V13 works great from me in the full release game

Thank you for your tactics :)

lopaz45.png

Edited by Dattab

In the release I'm doing amazign with Everton at the moment :cool:

I'm using Ashbringer v13 

ssk9.png

Edited by Karimza

Guys, I've updated the tactics and added few very important tweaks to the attacking throw-ins setup

I strongly suggest you go for the update otherwise you’ll be encountering a very serious defensive issue every time when someone of your central defenders takes the throw-ins

Hi TFF

I can't find the time wasting tactics which you uploaded ... can you add them again?

Thank you

11 hours ago, Malibden said:

I'm having a perfect start with Liverpool

Asbrinher V14 :)

ps0011.png

ps0022.png

ps0033.png

What are you using away from home mate?