Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
BnadnerB

Football Manager Touch 2019 Pre Release Beta Feedback

Recommended Posts

Hello gents,

Thought I’d create a thread for us to discuss the pre release beta, any pro/con’s or issues are welcomed!

I will note that I was curious and installed full FM and played for an hour, it made me want to weep, so many clicks, buttons, nuances! FMT all the way for me from now on, I’m committed!

Anyway, in terms of additions I’m really pleased to see the Mentoring section has made it, does anybody have any in depth information regarding how it works?

Enjoy fellas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I've installed FMT, performed a few obvious house-keeping tasks (deleted some files :rolleyes:) and plan to transfer over the graphics from 18 tomorrow morning.

I've also not settled on a team to manage yet, I can't disrupt what Klopp is building, so I need to pick a team, or start unemployed.

I really like how we have the tactics templates now, it's going to be interesting to try them out against certain strength opposition in the friendlies and watch how the ME interprets them. Looking through them I was struggling to see how I won't be using 3 or 4 of them during a season.

So I'll update with some proper feedback tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always found the full game a little overwhelming in the past two years. Touch was always the balance on depth and play-ability for me.

This touch seems brilliant, but there are a few issues I do have. Is there a way to change the training intensity, rather than individually? Seems a little silly having to change each player every time they get a knock or something. Or even if pre-season you wanted a better intensity etc. I have also found that the numbers for attributes are such a similar colour, hopefully we have the ability to change the range because I'm managing at a lower level so a player who has 11 or 14 has the exact same colour and often hard to pick up key skills on a quick glance. 

Loving it so far though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why cant they just sit down one day and go through all the football club names and get them sorted.  I know its a football game and i know its football clubs so why do they keep putting FC at the end . So dam annoying . Oh for an editor on FMT GRRRR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoyingly when you look at your first team, you don't get the full range of options across the top (tactics, training etc), but you do get this on your reserve squad view, should this not be the other way round? I'll raise it in the bugs forum, but unsure if this is the way it's supposed to be,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

I've always found the full game a little overwhelming in the past two years. Touch was always the balance on depth and play-ability for me.

This touch seems brilliant, but there are a few issues I do have. Is there a way to change the training intensity, rather than individually? Seems a little silly having to change each player every time they get a knock or something. Or even if pre-season you wanted a better intensity etc. I have also found that the numbers for attributes are such a similar colour, hopefully we have the ability to change the range because I'm managing at a lower level so a player who has 11 or 14 has the exact same colour and often hard to pick up key skills on a quick glance. 

Loving it so far though.

I won’t be on the game until later tonight but I’d also like to change the attributes to a traffic light system...

Not sure if this is possible on FMT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a rummage around the preferences section and it doesn't look like it is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since last year club value isn't anymore in the game. I hoped it was back this year, but unfortunately it isn't :(

 

Also i need help with the following: I tried some skins from the menu, but accidentely put the game in the console skin.. Now i can't change it back since the preferences button doesn't work..

 

Any idea?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heads up in preferences don't click on the option of Football Manager Skin Console in the skin options . Will freeze your game . It's not suppose to be there . If you do there's a fix in the bug section on the interface section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, prot651 said:

If you do there's a fix in the bug section on the interface section

I am completely stuck.. I can click on preferences, but it doesn't go to the menu.. Any fix? 

Naamloos.jpg

Edited by samelders86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, macca72 said:

The font is't the best, any chance this will be changed / updateable?

Won't be changed, its all part of the new branding. 

I'll be releasing my FMT skin though with different font and colour scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, samelders86 said:

I am completely stuck.. Cant click on preferences or anything else.. 

Naamloos.jpg

Quit the game. 

Clear your cache and preferences

Restart FMT and don't use the Console skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Won't be changed, its all part of the new branding. 

I'll be releasing my FMT skin though with different font and colour scheme.

Winner :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Won't be changed, its all part of the new branding. 

I'll be releasing my FMT skin though with different font and colour scheme.

Font is not is not as good as 18 imo on the default skin dark i use, glad to hear you are releasing one Lucas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me so I started a save last night...it will not let me save the game to my computer simply saying "Save Failed" although it will let me save the game to the cloud? I've just reloaded the game from the cloud which is cool...but never had such an issue before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Quit the game. 

Clear your cache and preferences

Restart FMT and don't use the Console skin.

I tried everything..

In Steam checked the integrity of the came cache.. Reinstalled the game and even deleted the folder on my pc.. Any fixes?

Naamloos.jpg

Naamloos2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the steam option, you need to delete this folder: 

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 Touch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BnadnerB said:

I won’t be on the game until later tonight but I’d also like to change the attributes to a traffic light system...

Not sure if this is possible on FMT?

It's probably not possible, it's very frustrating because the threshold is so high so even if you have a player with 11 it's the same as 14. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Its not the steam option, you need to delete this folder: 


C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 Touch

 

Thanks bro, I'm up and running again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

It's probably not possible, it's very frustrating because the threshold is so high so even if you have a player with 11 it's the same as 14. 

I’m sure it used to be possible to change the attribute colours in the player profile for Touch by editing a file in the skin. Maybe ask in the skinning hideout forum as if it is possible someone there will know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on a couple of hours play last night I think FMT 19 is looking pretty good.

i like the tactics changes. Much easier now to set up a coherent starting point and start to tweak it as required. I definitely noticed the difference between the initial tactics I tried from different approaches.

Very pleased to see control of mentoring is now available. As I like to build with youth it was one of the features I’d wanted. The concept of groups is good and simplifies the mentoring process instead of the painful old conversations in full fat.

Looking forward to making some more progress tonight and seeing what else I find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Spikey said:

I’m sure it used to be possible to change the attribute colours in the player profile for Touch by editing a file in the skin. Maybe ask in the skinning hideout forum as if it is possible someone there will know.

Would appreciate it if anybody gets any news on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, samelders86 said:

I am completely stuck.. I can click on preferences, but it doesn't go to the menu.. Any fix? 

Naamloos.jpg

did you manage to fix this?? im having the same problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BnadnerB said:

Would appreciate it if anybody gets any news on this!

It is possible - when my skin's out there's instructions how to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The induction pages are pretty horrendous. It'd be nice to be able to completely skip those (maybe it is possible, but I couldn't seem to). Also, why can't I load a tactic from the Tactics screen without having to set one up first? Had to select a style/formation etc, instead of loading one straight away. I think this aspect of the game could be reverted to what it was like in FMT18 which was less annoying and fiddly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2481 said:

The induction pages are pretty horrendous. It'd be nice to be able to completely skip those (maybe it is possible, but I couldn't seem to). Also, why can't I load a tactic from the Tactics screen without having to set one up first? Had to select a style/formation etc, instead of loading one straight away. I think this aspect of the game could be reverted to what it was like in FMT18 which was less annoying and fiddly!

I think when you set your profile up you can say if you are experienced or not. I believe this is correct and those won’t show, not entirely sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RyanBrown said:

I think when you set your profile up you can say if you are experienced or not. I believe this is correct and those won’t show, not entirely sure.

Thanks mate, I set it to experienced but still have to go through the inductions (easily skipped though, I found the X icon haha). But the tactics thing is still pretty messy imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary following a few more hours of gameplay: injuries are brutal, Tactics screen has gone blank and is now a big purple rectangle, no German 3rd division, the purple skin is giving me a headache, scorelines are really weird, seems quite far off the finished article compared to this time last year... going back to FMT18 for a few months at least! :cool:

The strangest one for me though is the Retro skin - a welcome relief to the headache-inducing purple - but all the player stat colours are reversed, meaning that green = low stat and blue = higher stat!! The complete opposite of previous versions. Why would any UI designer do that?!? Not impressed with this release so far at all, last year's was way better in beta.....

 

Edited by 2481

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 games into the season and it's looking pretty good so far. The new tactics selector is an improvement and it's good to see transitions finally become a thing in FM. I play with matches in 3D and comprehensive and things look like an improvement there - not seeing the excessive offsides with every through ball of FM18 or the dodgy keeper catching the ball outside the post and carrying it backwards over the byline that's plagued the game for years.

What I am seeing is a lot better use of space and players passing the ball backwards more to allow an attack to rebuild from a different angle. Some really nice football being played at times and games seem a bit more realistic than FM18.

Maybe too many penalties happening, but might be because my out of possession settings include 'get stuck in' (using  tweaked 'Fluid Counter Attack')

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new skin is soo much better than previous FMT's. I just wish you could change the attribute colours on the player screen. That being said I could see myself actually playing an FMT save this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else getting lots of training complaints with Assman handling training?  It would make sense that players are more sensitive to training given the major overhaul in the full game, but has that been compensated for in FMT where we don't have that level of control?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Anyone else getting lots of training complaints with Assman handling training?  It would make sense that players are more sensitive to training given the major overhaul in the full game, but has that been compensated for in FMT where we don't have that level of control?

 

Had quite a few players unhappy when I was handling the training. So I handed training responsibilities to the assistant manager and they all seem happy enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read in the bugs forum (I think) that they're aware that there are some tweaks they need to make to the training/fitness module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rich10 said:

I read in the bugs forum (I think) that they're aware that there are some tweaks they need to make to the training/fitness module.

I think what's probably would be best is a modifier for intensity to control how much rest they are getting. I'm keeping a 30+ man squad in Iceland just to manage all the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I think what's probably would be best is a modifier for intensity to control how much rest they are getting. I'm keeping a 30+ man squad in Iceland just to manage all the games.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to dabble in learning how to edit this Dark FMT skin until they release the full game, there does seem to be some basic functions missing for training, and a fair few bugs knockin about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rich10 said:

Yeah, I think I'm just going to dabble in learning how to edit this Dark FMT skin until they release the full game, there does seem to be some basic functions missing for training, and a fair few bugs knockin about.

They working on the schedules so that will probably sort it. I am just thinking for the future really :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if OT or not but my FM Touch is incredibly slow and lagging when dragging players, clicking on the player drop down on the tactics screen. Didn't play FM18 so not sure if it's just me.

Processing is fast, just certain aspects of the UI that are slow. AMD Quad 3.8ghz, 8GB Ram, 1GB Radeon graphics card, would assume that's enough for a smooth UI but maybe not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, okozumasa said:

Processing is fast, just certain aspects of the UI that are slow. AMD Quad 3.8ghz, 8GB Ram, 1GB Radeon graphics card, would assume that's enough for a smooth UI but maybe not!

What exact gfx card do you have, and if its a laptop you're using, are you plugged in and set to high/best performance in your AMD control panel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

What exact gfx card do you have, and if its a laptop you're using, are you plugged in and set to high/best performance in your AMD control panel?

ATi Radeon HD 5400, desktop PC. WIn 10, Pro, Everything on optimal/best. Thanks.

Around a 4 second delay when clicking the down arrow until the list of players appears.

2018-10-22 14_49_46-Football Manager 2019 Touch.png

Edited by okozumasa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, okozumasa said:

ATi Radeon HD 5400, desktop PC. WIn 10, Pro, Everything on optimal/best. Thanks.

Around a 4 second delay when clicking the down arrow until the list of players appears.

2018-10-22 14_49_46-Football Manager 2019 Touch.png

Its a very old card (nearly 10 years old) so I'm not too surprised. Have you updated your drivers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Its a very old card (nearly 10 years old) so I'm not too surprised. Have you updated your drivers?

Blimey didn't realise it was that old, always just went on the GB size. Drivers all up to date so I'll upgrade and see how it goes. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2018 at 18:10, rp1966 said:

Anyone else getting lots of training complaints with Assman handling training?  It would make sense that players are more sensitive to training given the major overhaul in the full game, but has that been compensated for in FMT where we don't have that level of control?

 

I was getting this until I noticed it was all reserve players who were moaning. You now have to change the reserve team's training to 'AM control' as well as the first team. I think in previous games you only had to do it once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that if you have a tactic selected but want to have a go at another of the pre-set tactics, it doesn't give the tips about what is the best formation, roles, etc, it just sticks with the formation and roles from your previous tactic. Does this in the main game too, but as you've got three tactic slots, you can get round it by completely deleting a tactic from one of the slot. You can't do that on this mode as you only have one tactic slot. It's a bit annoying if you want to try out the presets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've found a bug in the for set piece throw ins on the beta for FMT. When setting up an attacking throw on the right my right back has disappeared. I have a centre back (with good long throw attribute) as my throw in taker but it seems to happen when I have any player, other than the RB set as the throw in taker. 

fmt19_bug1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, haytona said:

I think I've found a bug in the for set piece throw ins on the beta for FMT. When setting up an attacking throw on the right my right back has disappeared. I have a centre back (with good long throw attribute) as my throw in taker but it seems to happen when I have any player, other than the RB set as the throw in taker. 

fmt19_bug1.png

SI are focused on bugs in the bugs forum ahead of release - please post there and not in GD: 

https://community.sigames.com/forum/648-football-manager-2019-touch/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...