[FM19] Amsterdamned!

MarcxD

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 2019

december.png

Great month, Dolberg keeps scoring like a madman and we had a fantastic victory over Milan which secured the knock-out rounds!

december-CL-group.png

december-CL-draw.png

Chelsea up next, normally the end for us - but you never know... mostly usual suspects elsewhere.

december-league-table.png

Our domestic dominance is crazy!

december-job-offr.png

december-job-offer-2.png

Got my first two job offers in. Rejected them, of course, but always interesting to see.

december-wnt.png

Also this is now my life, january is going to be insane. The amount of news I'm getting about clubs wanting to buy De Ligt alone.... 

december-de-ligt.png

december-de-ligt-2.png

I mean, I understand why...

Luis Suárez won the 2019 Ballon d'Or, while Messi won the World Player of the Year. Bit strange, as Barca aren't really even doing that well. 

January 2020

january-signings.png

Two new signings, Trapp the new #1 GK with Onana moaning about leaving, although he hasn't gone yet this month. Silva another Portuguese talent.

january-departures.png

The month wasn't actually that exciting, only some offers for Onana and Pereira (who got angry because I didn't accept a loan offer from Milan. A loan?!). No idea why Liverpool would want van Leer, at most a mid-table Eredivisie GK. Some of the players impressing for Jong Ajax got loans to Eredivisie sides.

january-2020.png

Still going very well.

january-league-table.png

I was kind of shocked to see PSV at 7 points distance, I hadn't noticed they had a couple of games in hand so now that's done and it's a little bit less of a 1-club-league, even though it still kinda is.

February 2020

february.png

Defeated 1-0 by Chelsea which was a bit dissappointing but expected, but more shocking were two defeats in the league! We did beat PSV at the start of the month though.

We dominated the league matches we lost, the main issue I think is I lost Dolberg to an injury for a few weeks - although to be fair, his replacement Sierhuis did get three goals in this month.

february-league-table.png

Still got a 8 point lead though, which should normally be fine if we don't get into some crazy slump of form. (probably making sure that happens by pointing it out!)

March 2020 + Youth Intake

march.png

We did perfectly well domestically but it just wasn't to be against Chelsea. Not quite there yet.

march-league-table.png

League should be safe now, but PSV has done a remarkable job really this season.

march-youth-intake.png

march-yp2a.png

A pretty decent intake, van Dijk looks interesting at the very least!

13 hours ago, john1 said:

Not bad to lose 1-0 in both legs :thup: Decent intakes, and Van Dijk looks superb with those attributes :eek: 

That's true, I suppose! Very curious to see Van Dijk's development.

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Van Dijk looks like the next great Dutch left back.

I hope so, I will definitely need a new player there in a few years with Blind in his thirties and Tagliafico at 27. 

7 hours ago, withnail316 said:

I developed a bit of a love affair with Utrecht after a glorious run with them a few years ago, so this hard for me to say...but good luck with Ajax. You seem to have made a bright start!

Haha, cheers anyway! Going pretty well so far!

5 hours ago, Leonadias said:

Turkish League 18/19 or 19/20 ranking pls thank you good luck!

I'll post them in the season recap for you.

April-May 2020

april-may.png

And that is a double! Not our best performances of the season, honestly, but we did enough.

may-league-table.png

may-social-feed.png

may-jong-ajax-table-double-r.png

Jong Ajax won the second tier again! 

(I have no idea what happened with the relegations, there should only be one relegated side, and no reason at all that I can see why Helmond should get relegated - I posted it on the bugs forum to be sure)

Season Review 2019-2020 + Look at the game world

post-season-season-review.png

Dominated the league from the start, although PSV had a great season as well after a poor start. Champions League just not possible for now.

post-season-best-eleven-19-20.pngpost-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

The big four - De Ligt, Dolberg, De Jong and van de Beek - those really are the core players that I want to keep around for as long as possible. Let's see what happens with transfers...

post-season-club-table.png

post-season-coefficients.png

This is nice, the first step forwards.

As far as the rest of Europe is concerned....

post-season-CL-final.png

Liverpool won their second straight champions league - what a ridiculous end to the game.

post-season-EL-final.png

Spurs won the Europa League, so it's really a case of English domination so far.

These were the national champions:

Austria: Red Bull Salzburg
Belarus: Dinamo Brest (2019)
Belgium: Club Brugge
Bulgaria: Levski Sofia
Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
Czech Republic: Slavia Prague
Denmark: FC Midtjylland
England: Liverpool
Finland: HJK (2019)
France: PSG
Germany: Bayern
Greece: Olympiacos
Hungary: Honvéd
Iceland: FH (2019)
Ireland: Dundalk (2019)
Israel: Hapoel Be'er-Sheva
Italy: Juventus
Northern Ireland: Glenavon
Norway: Molde (2019)
Poland: Legia Warsaw
Portugal: FC Porto
Romania: CFR Cluj
Russia: Spartak Moscow
Scotland: Celtic
Serbia: Partizan
Slovakia: Trencin
Slovenia: Olimpija
Spain: Real Madrid
Sweden: Malmö (2019)
Switzerland: Young Boys
Turkey: Galatasaray
Ukraine: Dynamo Kyiv
Wales: TNS

(Turkey 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 @Leonadias)

As always, if you want to see any tables or anything else just let me know and I'll do my best.

post-season-euro-2020.png

The first international tournament of this save happened - not great for the Dutch as they were beaten in the second round, while Macedonia (!!!) made it to the quarter finals! Spain won the thing in the end.

post-season-world-table.png

Liverpool the dominant team of this save so far.

6 hours ago, john1 said:

Decent season :cool: Think you need to report  as a bug to SI on Liverpool winning back to back CL ;) 

Haha yeah it's kind of crazy, if they win another time I'll have to...

Pre-Season + August 2020

2LhQ0VT.png

As you would expect. Let's see if Feyenoord can at least prove they are still a sub-top team this season.

pre-season-transfers.png

Very busy again - a few incoming talented players with all of them except for Arnaud actually joining the first team squad as I'm looking to rotate a bit more in the Eredivisie.

Outgoing the main transfer is obviously Wöber to Bournemouth, he has done okay for me but I thought the offer was pretty good and there are plenty of central defenders at the club who can fill his spot.

pre-season-netherlands-job-offer.png

pre-season-job-offer.png

Before the season even got started there were two interesting job offers - at some point I will probably take the Dutch national team job but I am not looking to do it quite yet.

pre-season-olympics.png

I had to deal with a bunch of my players:

pre-season-olympics-2.png

being away at the olympics, which wasn't ideal for pre-season, they also missed the Johan Cruyff Schaal.

pre-season-august.png

Not that it mattered, as we beat PSV 5-0. The jokers at the Dutch FA arranged PSV away as a start to the league, but as we beat them away the joke's on them... We also made it comfortably to the CL groups.

pre-season-CL-draw.png

Man.... I guess third place just will have to do.

august-league-table.png

In first while we played a game less than the rest.

6 minutes ago, john1 said:

Decent start :applause:Tough CL group, but I am sure you can get 2nd place. ;)

Thanks mate... I was a lot more pessimistic than you but the first games have gone quite well...

September 2020

september.png

Insane - still all wins this season, but look at those Champions League games. We started at home to Olympiacos - a game we had to win. A Matthijs de Ligt hattrick???? What?! Okay. Oh, we also beat Man City at their stadium.

:hammer:

september-league-table.png

Well, not in first anymore only because we are lagging behind in games played! Feyenoord is having a better season at least. Their poor city compatriots Sparta are having a mare of things, though....

september-cup-draw.png

Those of you who have read my threads in previous FMs might know why I screenshotted this. :D 

Derby time!

8 minutes ago, john1 said:

Wow, what have De Ligt, been eating on the day you play Olympiacos?! :eek: Superb win over Man City, in their own backyard :cool: 

Ah, AFC :D :cool: Hope you let them beat you ;) 

Hahaha yeah I know right! Let's see what will happen on that day....

October 2020

october.png

No longer 100%... but still unbeaten in the CL after we faced all the opponents in the group. Crazy. Dominated AFC, but the score doesn't tell the whole story...

october-afc-match.png

:lol:

october-league-table.png

After we beat PSV in the opening match they went on a 8-game winning streak!

December 2020

december.png

Just so disappointing, we were so close!

december-CL-group.png

Perhaps we can have a run in the Europa League...

december-cup-fuck.png

Not too pleased with that cup loss either. FM'd.

december-league-table.png

Luis Suárez won the Ballon d'Or for the second straight year... Kevin de Bruyne won World Player of the Year. 

January 2021

This month took a long time as certain clubs just wouldn't stop offering for Frenkie de Jong and Donny van de Beek. 

january-offer.png

Also this. I know this is extremely unrealistic, but no way am I letting Matthijs de Ligt leave the club if I have anything to do with it.

january-de-ligt.png

This is how he looks when I got the offer.

january-outgoings.png

These are the players that ended up leaving - we made enough money as it is. Pereira did well in his first season at the club but this season he was a bit of a disappointment so not too bothered he left for that amount of money. Decent money for Onana as well, and a bunch of Jong Ajax players get their first moments of Eredivisie football.

january-incoming.png

I signed two new players - Gaspar is a box-to-box midfielder with potential for a very cheap price and Rajkovic is a direct replacement for Onana as second GK.

january.png

We went on with what we were doing, dominating in the Eredivisie - happy to see bench players performing when asked to do so.

january-league-table.png

Next game will be PSV at home, if we can beat them an unbeaten season might be possible... 

l1sxNdZ.png

The second most expensive transfer so far happened this month (record is still Dybala with 140M).

February 2021

february.png

We weren't able to beat PSV, but unbeaten still the same! Also beat RBL, one of the teams who wouldn't stop offering for my players in January. It wasn't easy though.

february-EL-draw.png

Legia is next, seems theoretically like the kindest draw possible. Look at those teams in the Europa League by the way. PSG, Roma, Monaco, Sevilla, Napoli, Arsenal... 

february-league-table.png

Interesting to see PSV do so well for themselves really, if you discount the 3 points they lost to us they only dropped 5 more points than we did throughout the season.

March 2021 + Youth Intake

march.png

Only a few games but did very well, easily dealt with Legia.

march-EL-draw.png

Next round will be the end of things, though.

march-league-table.png

march-youth-intake.png

A decent youth intake, a few players that start out pretty strong although their attributes aren't exactly in the right place for the roles I would want them to play and the low-end is really low this time around so only signed up half or so.

Going great in domestic football, hopefully you can put down a marker in the Europa, if you can find a way past PSG then going the whole way isn't beyond you. Any chance of a look at van de Beek? I got him for about £13mil on a network game and was wondering how he'd look that far in.

1 hour ago, King Cactus said:

Going great in domestic football, hopefully you can put down a marker in the Europa, if you can find a way past PSG then going the whole way isn't beyond you. Any chance of a look at van de Beek? I got him for about £13mil on a network game and was wondering how he'd look that far in.

Cheers!

donny.png

1 minute ago, King Cactus said:

Thank you! :) he looks very well rounded, have you trained him on anything specific? I'm tempted to utilise him a bit deeper so might invest into his tackling.

I have not used much of a specific focus apart from him training for the role of ball-winning midfielder, perhaps I should've done so though now that you mention it...

April 2021

april.png

Incredible stuff overall and especially against PSG, did not see that coming. Of course we then screw it up against Marseille... still a theoretical chance to turn things around of course.

april-league-table.png

One more game to get that unbeaten season! 

May 2021

may-final.png

We did it again in the final, dominated what has to be on paper a better side by a margin.

may.png

may-league-table.png

Unbeaten season == imagine being PSV's manager and not winning the title with 88 points...

may-jong-ajax-table.png

Jong Ajax won the league again as well - although they had to overtake Jong PSV on the last matchday! 

As you can see there were indeed two promotions last year around, with one of them now going back down.

2020-2021 Season Review + Game World Update

post-season-season-review.png

Unbeaten in the league and Europa League victory, it's getting kind of crazy - especially as PSV have been doing really well for themselves in the league as well. If they can do something in Europe and some of the sub-top clubs can catch up even a little bit... that would be nice. I also have to say Gegenpressing seems to work a little bit too well :) 

post-season-manager-of-the-year.png

This was the first time I won a manager of the year award!

post-season-best-eleven-20-21.png

Incredible stuff from Cosimo, Dolberg now played a lot of games as AML but did very well there too. Fantastic first season for Luiz Gustavo too.

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

Good mix of players that have been here in the start and some new blood, excitingly also players like Schuurs and Gravenberch who have made the step from Jong Ajax to first team squad, what Jurriën Timer already did last season.

bPmm80U.png

Game world...

post-season-CL-final.png

Liverpool made it to the third CL final in a row, but were duly embarrassed by rivals Man Utd!

National champions:

Austria: Red Bull Salzburg
Belarus: Dinamo Brest (2020)
Belgium: Club Brugge
Bulgaria: Ludogorets
Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
Czech Republic: Sparta Prague
Denmark: FC Midtjylland
England: Liverpool
Finland: HJK (2020)
France: Monaco
Germany: Bayern
Greece: Olympiacos
Hungary: Ferencváros
Iceland: Stjarnan (2020)
Ireland: Dundalk (2020)
Israel: Beitar Jerusalem
Italy: Juventus
Northern Ireland: Coleraine
Norway: Stabaek (2020)
Poland: Jagiellonia
Portugal: FC Porto
Romania: FCSB
Russia: Spartak Moscow
Scotland: Hibernian
Serbia: Crvena Zvezda
Slovakia: Slovan Bratislava
Slovenia: Rudar Velenje
Spain: Atlético 
Sweden: Malmö (2020)
Switzerland: FC Basel
Turkey: Besiktas
Ukraine: Dynamo Kyiv
Wales: TNS

post-season-scotland-table.png

Amazing stuff :thup:

post-season-game-world.png

16 hours ago, Trilderos said:

Just caught up, absolutely brilliant thread! 

Hopefully you can kick on in the CL next season. 

15 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Following :brock:

14 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Congratulations on winning the league and the EL. :thup:

10 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Congratulations on the EL win, brilliant humiliation of Marseille at home.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! 

Pre-Season + August 2021

No2nwCP.png

dq1zlFh.png

Still a no. Signed him on a new deal until 2026.

ZGBOHdC.png

Busy... poached some more talents, some for the first team and a new goalkeeper in Schwolow as I sold Trapp to Liverpool. The other big sale was young right back Timber, as I don't think he's quite worth that much.

0ryXqVO.png6PWGth3.png

:eek: Elsewhere there were two transfers over 100M. And one over 200M!!!! And Christensen of all players - not saying he's bad, but the most expensive player.... 

CQQEKAG.png

2N9ZHmv.png

We started pretty well, but we were shocked by Man Utd in the super cup, still a gap there. 

k8Ja0R4.png

After last year's success though, we did have a nice jump in the European coefficients.

1S1XQfH.png

PSV already lost 5 points... 

XTDyLbw.png

Should be a relatively safe qualification for the next round alongside Arsenal, normally. But you never know...

On 24/10/2018 at 15:13, uddag_s said:

Any chance you could post what transfers Liverpool have done? - winning 2 Champions League & 2 Premier Leagues over your save so mighty impressive

Of course.

liverpool-18-19.png

liverpool-19-20.png

liverpool-20-21.png

liverpool-21-22.png

The number of transfers hasn't been crazy but they've pretty much only did big deals. Also noteworthy that this summer Klopp left after winning those trophies, Allegri is the new manager.

Archived