• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MzAZojf.jpg

San Marino Calcio - Serie A

Pre-Season - 2023/24

Board Expectations - Season Preview

Transfers - Released 1Released 2

Only 29 players released as I didn't realize I was hoarding so many players at the club.Pepe doesn't have a future at the club so I sent him on loan with a future fee of £1.2 million to have him permanently,he's been a loyal servant but all good things must come to an end.Only three players bought in and they are all youngsters,Selmani is the youngest,cost the most and was most wanted.He was wanted by every big club in Italy,Spain,Germany and France!Graziaplena was a very good signing as he is a Italian u21 international while Musil was the best Czech u21 player by a landslide.With all these players being under 22,it helps us on the registration front due to age and they have been bought in as backup to help the depth.

Pre-Season Fixtures

hoithnl.png?1

The fixtures were mainly for fitness purposes,I say mainly as the AC Milan game wasn't my choice but it was one of the clauses from when Campos was sold to them last season.

The Team's

Senior Squad

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Under 20's

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Under 18's

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Key Players

RaoSAMM.png?1

r21UDEH.png?1

gJZMiWo.png?1

q3ArkiY.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not a lot done during pre-season as three were bought in to gives us a bit more depth in the team,they are young and backups with the potential to be key players.The biggest changes were in the staffing as we made a lot of changes to the coaching staff,we are now the best in every department except for technical training (we are 2nd in that category).We are also above average in the recruitment team and the medical team but these can be better.The only annoying thing to happen in pre-season was my first choice keeper getting ruled out for up to six weeks,three days before we kick our season off.

My main aim for the season is the league title,other than that it is a quarter final spot in the Champions League,as for the other cups,I don't really care for them.Just two more seasons in this ground and a new era begins for San Marino Calcio so I will be a bit tight regarding money till the 25/26 season but I feel everything is meeting my long term aims.Time to get this show on the road and claim that we were not 2nd by luck but by our own skill.

3ca08edd928c6eaaeb0913d0274b4cfd.jpg

April 2017 - Bleak Time for Education in Locri

95e2da6920551967bc494a5451f297b6.png

May 2029: Pulisio Opens Locri Football Academy

e8228f0473ad792060b56ae8f10803cf.png

0d135bdf2db0c8afc0c7dbf06a3bbb9c.png

5f63de313662a5ebcf4480d8234d99ff.png

Over the 11 years of Pulisio's tenure no focus has been made on the youth setup. Occasionally HOYD and U20s managers have been in place and trialists have come in every year with 9 players being offered youth contracts in 11 intakes, none of whom made a first team appearance before being released.

However during this time a generation of young Calabrians have been inspired by the most successful club of the region's history and an 'unnamed' sponsor has come forward to help fund the development of a new Academy. A young boy  growing up in Locri with a lack of education has two options; Pulisio's mob or the Mafia mob. Or both...

A good portion of the club's transfer budget has been set aside to sign local youngsters for the u18 and u20 sides as well as filling out the club with youth staff. Nevertheless, Pulisio's focus will still be solely first team affairs, with youngsters not being given a look in the first time until deemed of the required standard. Youth football and loans. More of the latter, there's some laundry that needs doing...

Image result for calabria mafia

2 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

Brilliant work with the title win,can't wait to see some of your prospects make it into your first team.

Cheers! Fingers crossed we can get some through. The upgrades are coming through quick!

3500756f104fb56aff728c8addf41c5c.png

Now Average JC and Fairly Basic YR

Game 3 in the Champions League and this happens.....

JlqS51c.png?1

Messi had a shocker but they really shouldn't have a 36 year old with barely any physical stats left start a game and play 90 minutes!The other teams in the group are RB Salzburg and Dynamo Kyiv so it is a pretty easy group.

Definitivo.png

2023 Youth Intake

2023 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

We're still sat at Good youth coaching and Above Average youth recruitment, only we're up to Great youth facilities right now. As ever, I'll be focusing on 3* prospects and up. With this intake, there appears to be a lot of promise, but not much in the way of now. A good start is the left back Nadalini who looks like he could potentially start the odd game right now. 

--------------------------------------------------

Key Prospects

DM/MC Maurizio Boilini

DC Fabio Balsamo

AML Gabriele Burchielli

WBR/MRL Matteo Greco

D/WBL Federico Nadalini

How far will YOUR youth go: 2023?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Good Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

• YP6 Krisoffer Mortensen was born in Middelfart, Denmark, 1,676 km away. More 'homeboys' coming into the academy, lured by the exploits of the Fake Dane.
  • YP7 Andreas Uez was born in Kuens, Italy, some 416km away. For a guy born in the mountains near the Swiss border, it must have take him a lot to pass Milan, Brescia & Bologna and come to us.
  • YP9 Antonello Brunetti was born in Cisterna di Latina, Italy. 466km awayA player, born in the shadow of Rome, decided to forgo the large amount of clubs in the capital and come to us. Hmmm.

We've upped our reach, in that all other players incoming are from the local or neighbouring provinces and at most, are two hours away from the club

Definitivo.png

Santarcangelo Calcio 1926

2022/23 Season Review

In our first season in Serie BKT, we defied the odds to finish 10th overall. However, we were 1 point out of a playoff spot and 8 points out of a playout spot. So with a result or two either way, we could have been in heaven or hell! 

Final Table 

Results: 1 | 2

Stats

Awards

Review

Commercial Summary

MzAZojf.jpg

Mid-Season - 2023/24

Serie A

6UmSMuB.png?1

KXBay84.png?1

The title is ours to lose as we have been absolutely phenomenal in the first half of the season even with the disruption of injuries.,the only points dropped were from a loss to MiIan and a draw to Chievo.I normally have more problems in the second half of the season but even then I don't think we can mess this up,if we do then it will be the ultimate bottle job.

Cups

Champions League

ZFZOHyQ.png?1

eMmqwLJ.png?1

Was a easy group to be fair so there is no real surprise we finished in the top two.It was more of a surprise we came top but Dynamo Kyiv helped with that by drawing with Barcelona on matchday 5.We've been given a tricky tie against RB Leipzig who are currently top of the Bundesliga but I know if we play to our best then we can make it a red bull double for eliminations!

Copa Italia

oLEkf2B.png?1

Nothing really to say,even though we only 1-0 against Empoli,we completely dominated them and it should have easily been more.A trip to Turin to face Juventus is annoying,don't think it will be too long before we become rivals with Juventus (if dynamic rivalry is a thing).

Manager's Thoughts

Can't be anything other than extremely pleased with how the season has gone so far,the only problem I have comes from one of my players who is demanding a new contract already despite signing one in pre-season and his actions have got a couple of outsiders on his side saying I should give him another new contract!Injuries have been a problem this season and even with rotation,the players are starting to look jaded as I can't give them a sustained period of rest but I don't really have any youngsters who play in defence or on the wings to do that.If we bottle it from here then I really deserve the sack!

Moustapha Coulibaly has been on fire this year as he won World u21 Footbaler of the Year,European Golden Boy and French Player of the Year (beat Mbappe and Lemar to the award),Coulibaly was signed for £2 million from a French National League side at the start of the last season!We have actually made a signing I couldn't say no to even if he did cost us £25 million,Georges Jansen (Scout Report),he came highly recommended with a 93 rating on the scout report!£25 million was his minimum fee for foreign clubs,he literally had every team rated at 4* and above chasing him so I was surprised when he turned down PSG to join us!In other club news,training facilities and youth facilities will be going up again in our quest to become the biggest club.

Definitivo.png

2023/24 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them.

This season, we indulged in a little re-shuffle of our lines. With the sale of our best keeper and two other players who wanted ridiculous money to stay in Serie B, we needed to shuffle a little and promoted some raw players into the depth chart. Finally, Daniele Doria was re-trained enough to play at RM, but became third choice there, due to his lack of skill at the role. 

Goalkeeper

Raffaele Grassi

Pierpaolo Sau

Corrado Bagnato

Right Back                                                                                                           Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Loris Comastri                                                                         Nunzio Enchisi                                                                       Igor Cardini                                                        Federico Nadalini

Michael Fratoni                                                                        Matteo Alvisi                                                                         Aldo Ranieri                                                          Cristian Fiocchi

Federico Fabbri                                                                         Cristian Resca                                                                      Marco Petrini                                                           Igor Zoloffi 

Defensive Midfield

Gennaro Criscuolo

Ivan Malpezzi

Right Midfield                                                                                                       Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                                 Left Midfield

Daniele Battistotti                                                                    Alberto Coscia                                                                          Luca Rossi                                                             Andrea Carlucci

Juri Orlandini                                                                       Emanule De Marchi                                                                   Omar Caroli                                                               Luigi Vivani

Daniele Doria                                                                           Andrea Medici                                                                      Andrea Medici                                                        Daniele Battistotti

Striker

Cristian Montinaro

Oscar Ascione

Gianni Buriani

Definitivo.png

August 2023 Transfer Window

2024 aug transfers

We've been plundered this transfer window, but it cleared our debt with regards to the £4m the new chairman spent on facilities.

AMC Larry Issa (£10k to Treviso): He was a third choice MC and AMC and was only still here for squad depth. So a sale was easy to accept

GK Andrea Baratella (£1.5m + 50% sell-on to A.C.F Fiorentina) A heartbreaker. He was our best player and regular #1. However, his contract was up at the end of the season and he saw no reason to stay with us. So we had to do a deal and Fiorentina came up with the best one.

DC/DM/MC Federico Fusi (£50k + 50% sell-on to Rimini) A player from the academy from the start. Very versatile. But, in the scheme of things, barely used, so he was off to our rivals.

AML Roberto Landi (£350k + 50% sell-on to Pescara) A player whose agent despised me. So his ridiculous demands for a new contract in the player's last year meant that he had to be shipped out. Even if it was to a Serie BKT rival.

ST Oscar Ascione (£2m + 50% sell-on to Brescia) This one came out of the blue. There was a bits and pieces bid from another club which added up to £400k. Then a club came in with a straight £400k bid. That was negotiated up to £1m. Then Brescia came in and had their bid upped to £2m. Which was absolutely worth it.

DC Nunzio Enchisi (£550k + 50% sell on to SPAL) He was one of my success stories. An unheraled youth player that became a major cog in the machine. Sadlly, we had the same issues as Roberto Landi and a sale was sadly the most important thing.

Definitivo.png

RELEGATION WATCH: 2023/24

2024 finally a win

We've been utterly sh*te this season. I think that 19.2 must have cured an exploit that my 4-1-4-1 was using as it seemed completely ineffective this season. Plus, the loss of so many players without really replacing them has hit hard. However, a shift to a 4-3-2-1 has seen us keep a clean sheet for the past three games and sees us off the bottom for the first time this season!

2024 bottom

MzAZojf.jpg

Youth Intake - 2023/24

The Prospects

z9SGaN4.png?1

Well I'll be damned,my academy can produce defensive players of a decent quality,first time in three years we have had a decent defender through.The overall quality of the youth team is better than previous years so there will definitely be a higher chance of them finding a club if they leave.

The Prospects

5R1GWaR.png?1

fSh39CS.png?1

OI56VWB.png?1

Good physicals,decent mental and technical attributes but all of them need a lot of work doing to them,could be worth loaning them to my feeder club Livorno as all three of the above are suited to Serie C level which is what Livorno are in.Zonzini and Valli are no relation to the Zonzini and Valli which were already at the club.

Technically it's worse than the last two seasons but that's what makes developing them more intriguing as due to the large gap in ability and potential,I have much more room to mold them to my liking :D

His bravery stat is amazing,he is actually joint top in that regard.I've already tweaked his training schedule as I've given him passing as an additional focus which will help his first touch,passing and technique stats so sending him on loan to my feeder team might give him the first team experience he needs.

Definitivo.png

January 2024 Transfer Window

2024 record transfer

Just the one outgoing transfer for us. We are in a dogfight for our Serie BKT lives and Brescia Calcio came in with a £1.5m bid, which I put up to £2m, before rejecting. However, they came back with £2.5m, his release clause and, to be honest, we might be relegated, so a good price was definitely worth a sale

Definitivo.png

2024 Youth Intake

2024 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

We're still sat at Good youth coaching and Above Average youth recruitment. Our board steadfastly refusing to even allow upgrades as an option.

As ever, I'll be focusing on 3* prospects and up. We hit the mother lode with this intake. We had a number of players coming in to supplement the recent departures that had left us threadbare recently.

--------------------------------------------------

Key Prospects

DC Francesco Costa

AMLC/ST Fabio Ingrosso

DR/WBR Gianni Pasquali

DM/MRC Andrea Manzoni

DL/AMLC/ST Yassine Laayout

GK Mirco Doria

DLC Niccolo Corcione

AMC Mirko Stacchetti

How far will YOUR youth go: 2024?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Good Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

With the increase in Recruitment, Training and Coaching for the Youth team, I was hoping that we'd see an upturn in talent and I wasn't disappointed.

• YP5 Yassine Laayout was born in El Gara, Morocco, some 2760 km away. An African/Italian mix is very interesting here. Hopefully, we can get him to play for Italy, rather than Morocco.
  • YP8 Mirko Stacchetti was born in Vigevano, Italy, some 350km away. From a small town just outside Milan and all that entails, we seem to have landed with him, despite him being having to travel past a number of Serie A TIM clubs
  • YP9 Leonardo Grossi was born in Solesino, ItalyThe player was born only 192km away. If this is the third furthest away, then we are indeed still getting the local youth in.

All our other intakes are within two hours of the stadium, although we have recieved fewer players from Santarcangelo di Romanga and more from the outlying areas of the Forli-Cesena province

• 2 weeks later...

Finally coming back to this. Thesis overtook life for the better part of the last 6 weeks but with it and Christmas over, let's see where we end up :lock:

b059711b027fd8732268a9c895a20fe0.png

3132aec007843e31cc93b948efcc20d0.png

Made the Playoffs, only to lose in the 2nd round. Hopefully we can put together a stronger side and push for a Top 4 finish next season to really have a shot at the Serie B :)

Narrative to get back on track in the very near future too.

Archived