Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bothan Spy said:

Could have sworn I took over managing my team in June and not in October...

We've been over this and you've been given exact explanations. This isn't the place for that again. I'm deleting any more rubbish like this.

Just now, Bothan Spy said:

Oh hang in. You can really improve spurs as they made no signings this year. Right...oh. £25m budget. Okay....

That's something for the research/database section in the bugs forum. You can try asking them.

2 horas atrás, treble_yell_:-) disse:

Nonsense. It's a skill maybe a handful of top keepers have but by no means is it a must have for a modern gk

A handful? What team from any top league wants a goalkeeper that is not comfortable with his feet? Even Iker Casillas mentioned that in an interview, that "old" GK like him had a different mindset (just be in goal basically) but modern football doesn't have space for them anymore so either they adapt (and he did, like Buffon and others) or they have to go play to another continent...

Probably you're thinking of sweeper keepers as Neuer's, who is, or was, the absolute best in the role, and basically could be a GK, CD, FB and even DM. But that is an extreme (and extremely good) example, not a must be for a sweeper keeper.

Edited by 99
Add.

Just now, 99 said:

A handful? What team from any top league wants a goalkeeper that is not comfortable with his feet? Even Iker Casillas mentioned that in an interview, that "old" GK like him had a different mindset (just be in goal basically) but modern football doesn't have space for them anymore so either they adapt (and he did, like Buffon and others) or they have to go play to another continent...

Maybe you need to learn the definition of a sweeper keeper then ? There are probably a handful of keepers in the world that actually fulfil the role. being comfortable with the ball at your feet doesn't make you a SK

20 minuti fa, 99 ha scritto:

Probably you're thinking of sweeper keepers as Neuer's, who is, or was, the absolute best in the role, and basically could be a GK, CD, FB and even DM. But that is an extreme (and extremely good) example, not a must be for a sweeper keeper.

I fully disagree and if you think that a player as Buffon needed to adapt to have space you are far from the reality. Buffon in his prime would have found space in a top team even if he had 2 irons replacing his feet.
The sweeper keeper (that btw exists from way before than Neuer) and the keeper are just 2 ways to play in that position.

As I said in the other post the same worths for CB. People saying ''nowadays CB should be able to pass well the ball etc'' but the truth is that players as Chiellini or Godin are still between the top 4-5 cb in the world.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

A couple of questions before I consider purchasing:

Whats the UI like this year? Couldn't stand it last year and it really put me off playing.

How does the scouting work this time? Similar to last year with the buying packages and all that?

Just want to say beta this year was better than some previous releases. :applause:At least I enjoyed one whole season without any major issues.

But I don't think it's a good idea to make critical changes too late (19.1 set pieces and faces changes, for example, and there are rumors about something new coming with release). This may be good for increasing hype, but what's the point of the beta if we don't test real things?

Anyway, good job. \o/

P.S. multi-monitor support, please! :)At least the possibility to send 3D match to another display. Also would be awesome to see director view on one screen and data analyst view on another.

1 hour ago, Bothan Spy said:

They have also announced that the transfer budgets have been increased to reflect the world market!

Oh no wait. £65m as Manchester City. I hope I can afford Ronaldos toenail. Oh hang on, he's over 30 and a top earner. Selling him is Impossible this game...

No point. 

1 hour ago, Bothan Spy said:

Oh hang in. You can really improve spurs as they made no signings this year. Right...oh. £25m budget. Okay....

Surely this isn't the 1st time you have played fm. Transfer budgets have always been lower in the 1st transfer window as teams have already brought players and used their wage budgets, it's not a new thing.

Regarding Spurs, I'm not sure if you know but spurs are getting a new stadium which they have to pay for and is costing 850 mil, that money will have to come from somewhere, so naturally that will mean they will have less money to spend, and because of that they renewed the contracts of most of their star players to tie them down, which in turn meant an increase in wages and then signing on fees, it's just common sense.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Bothan Spy:

They have also announced that the transfer budgets have been increased to reflect the world market!

Oh no wait. £65m as Manchester City. I hope I can afford Ronaldos toenail. Oh hang on, he's over 30 and a top earner. Selling him is Impossible this game...

No point. 

Thats actually the thing i have to adapt most to in every new FM. The football market is  moving on faster and faster what was a crazy sum yesterday is nothing today and my mindset is still , yeah id never pay 10 million for a striker no matter how good he is :-D Actully always lead to me selling woderkids in my FM 17 save for peanuts because i cant say no to anything thats more than what i paid for the guy, i am a little club after all :-D I know wages and fees will make my FM 17 rules what to pay or not absolutely absolete again. :-D But come on this paying a million or more for a player this cant go on, this isnt healthy right :-D

Not enjoyable at present with the extreme directness / passing tweaks in 19.1 - Taking a break until it's repatched. 

Also the tweaks to pressing have been poor. 

I struggle to understand how the crossing / lack of through balls ME gets through alpha testing without being noticed... SI need to look at their process or the people alpha testing it. Likewise, I can only conclude from 19.1 that they really struggle to change the ME with any degree of accuracy. I can watch 2 games on full match and tell you something is wrong. How does it get through months of alpha testing?!

That said, parts of the ME were beautiful before this patch. Minor tweaks were needed rather than the huge change that's been effected.

Edited by pauly15

FM19 is hating on me for some reason.

We had an ENTIRE season unbeaten, we conceded the least goals and scored the most goals. Won everything.

So why does the players think the club is lacking players all over the field, The club need two MC and I have 20 players competing for spots there, most of them want to leave because I simply can rotate enough to keep all happy, but still one of the concerns is MC players.

Two good DL players, 3 good DR players, 5+ good CD's and my team is lacking in defense? (That is without counting hot prospects)

Our main tactics is 4-2-4 Wide and we have a ton of quality in every spot for that formation.

I've experimented with MR, ML, WB and DM positions on some secondary tactics and I feel like the players is going nuts because those tactics looks very weak due to those position having 1 or no players listing those positions as the main ones.

The game doesn't allow you to sign backup players, because they go emo on you and wanting to leave, even while they get paid so much no one wants them without forcing me to pay most of the wage. I constantly have to sell backups, so in FM18 the solution was having hot prospects, but in FM19 I'm beginning to think my hot prospects is not evaluated as being hot or simply ignored when calculating depth.

50 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I still cringe when I read people STILL not understanding the difference between a normal transfer window and the game's first transfer window. 

My personal favourite is the people that claim they have 'uninstalled the game' in a wild rage because they have found an issue... in the BETA... before the actual game has been released.

8 minutes ago, JBC#1 said:

Has the issue where players don't retire and 99 year olds are floating around in the game in later years been fixed in 19.1 by any chance? @Miles Jacobson @Neil Brock

Why on earth is this an issue? Does every footballer anounce to the world that he's formally retired? Of course not. The fact that players have not told the press that they are retiring has zero effect on the game.

17 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Not enjoyable at present with the extreme directness / passing tweaks in 19.1 - Taking a break until it's repatched. 

Also the tweaks to pressing have been poor. 

I struggle to understand how the crossing / lack of through balls ME gets through alpha testing without being noticed... SI need to look at their process or the people alpha testing it. Likewise, I can only conclude from 19.1 that they really struggle to change the ME with any degree of accuracy. I can watch 2 games on full match and tell you something is wrong. How does it get through months of alpha testing?!

That said, parts of the ME were beautiful before this patch. Minor tweaks were needed rather than the huge change that's been effected.

Don't have a dig at the people who put in serious hours working on this when you have no idea what it takes. It's actually incredibly difficult to balance which is why it takes so long. Its not a case of getting through. Seeing something and being able to change it are two very different things. 

3 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Why on earth is this an issue? Does every footballer anounce to the world that he's formally retired? Of course not. The fact that players have not told the press that they are retiring has zero effect on the game.

Thats not the point. The point is players aren\t retiring not that they are not telling the media they are playing till theyare 99 year olds

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Don't have a dig at the people who put in serious hours working on this when you have no idea what it takes. It's actually incredibly difficult to balance which is why it takes so long. Its not a case of getting through. Seeing something and being able to change it are two very different things. 

As much as it sounds offensive, it has to be taken into consideration that by simply just playing we can see that passing is too direct, fullbacks and wingers aren\t making the right decision. This update athough still is in BETA has broken short passes and now wingers and fullbacks are now passing when they should be crossing 

20 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I appreciate that it's extremely difficult. I think before this patch everything was fantastic, except that (especially) creative central midfielders didn't play through balls. You had an ME that was 99% excellent, just the 1% problem was a glaring one. 19.1 is a big step back, between passing and pressing it just looks a shambles to me. 

That said, I guess this is what the beta is for. 

Edited by pauly15

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

No offense but if you can see there is a problem that needs to be changed but don't know how to do it maybe you deserve to have a dig taken at you? It is their job after all. 

20 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, Amarante said:

Thats not the point. The point is players aren\t retiring not that they are not telling the media they are playing till theyare 99 year olds

21 minutes ago, GerdMuller said:

Which is a massive effect on the game if you dont have unlimited processing power.

It is a very small number of players and is an issue we have under review.

19 minutes ago, Sticx said:

No offense but if you can see there is a problem that needs to be changed but don't know how to do it maybe you deserve to have a dig taken at you? It is their job after all. 

No, there is no justification for digs. I was being polite about it earlier, but if people go down that route, warnings and infractions will be handed out. 

26 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

No, there is no justification for digs. I was being polite about it earlier, but if people go down that route, warnings and infractions will be handed out. 

I appreciate that it's extremely intricate, and that something that is 99% excellent but with one glaring problem is not simple to fix. Which is why it's worrying to see them trying to fix it now, hours before full release; 19.1 is a good example of trying to fix that 1% through ball issue and the match engine taking a giant step backward. I feel like what made the original beta quite beautiful (passing/natural decisions on the ball; your instructions clearly being effected etc) has been undone by 19.1 in trying to resolve the through ball issue.

I hope they go back to 19.0 and use that as a base. The tweaks have been too major. Passing directness, PPMs for killer balls and long passes... need to be dialled back. Like... if 19.1 passing directness/through balls/balls over the top is at 15/20, and 19.0 was at 0/20, we need like a 4/20. You were so close!

Edited by pauly15

General feeling with the last update is that is alot harder to score. dont know if that is fact of just a feeling but i have played quite alot and its a persistent feeling. maybe its just that tiki-taka doesnt do so well after the update. tried others too but alot of missed shots , more saves, alot woodwork.

28 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

I appreciate that it's extremely intricate, and that something that is 99% excellent but with one glaring problem is not simple to fix. Which is why it's worrying to see them trying to fix it now, hours before full release; 19.1 is a good example of trying to fix that 1% through ball issue and the match engine taking a giant step backward. I feel like what made the original beta quite beautiful (passing/natural decisions on the ball; your instructions clearly being effected etc) has been undone by 19.1 in trying to resolve the through ball issue.

I hope they go back to 19.0 and use that as a base. The tweaks have been too major. Passing directness, PPMs for killer balls and long passes... need to be dialled back. Like... if 19.1 passing directness/through balls/balls over the top is at 15/20, and 19.0 was at 0/20, we need like a 4/20. You were so close!

And all the above is more constructive feedback, but your initial post was not. More of this stuff and less of the stuff before. 

5 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

They have announced that clubs get a decent transfer budget that reflects that the game starts in June and not in October??

So would you also like squads first reflect June and not October? Can't have it both ways can you. 

14 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

In my longer first impression post a few pages back I referred to this ME as an untammed beast I believe and then described many good points about it.

I agree with @Mitja, I also feel this ME has more to offer than ME1900. Some extremities need be be toned down or dialed up slightly:

- pass into space is used too much even when the setting is off in the tactics menu, making a possession game hard

- probably tied to the first, shorter range over the ground passes need to be upped a bit

- not crossing when it is in fact now the best solution needs a second look

The fact that over the defense through balls now occur more often and we are seeing many long transitional passes is something that makes me happy as it means the ME has the ability to do it. It is now a matter of balancing the when and ifs.

I much rather have SI showing me the extreme possibilities in an ME so that I know it is possible to see certain situations instead of not seeing them (me1900) and thinking it can not be done.

Now as Louis van Gaal might say "we need to find the golden middleway"

For me the main worry remains the same the AMC playmaking position is still uselesss,  even in this brutal beast of an ME.

I agree, What we need is a Balance of Middle Ground should be possible as we saw both extremes of Almost no Through balls / Long Transition Passes and More of Through Balls. If they can fine tune both it will be one heck of ME. About AMC i think unless they get a Middle ground he will be useless. That Position is most likely requires the best of Both worlds and so far we are not in the Zone. He played too safe in pre 19.1 and now he don't even have the chance to get the ball due to the long passes to create some thing for forwards. 

2 hours ago, Mensell76 said:

In my longer first impression post a few pages back I referred to this ME as an untammed beast I believe and then described many good points about it.

I agree with @Mitja, I also feel this ME has more to offer than ME1900. Some extremities need be be toned down or dialed up slightly:

- pass into space is used too much even when the setting is off in the tactics menu, making a possession game hard

- probably tied to the first, shorter range over the ground passes need to be upped a bit

- not crossing when it is in fact now the best solution needs a second look

The fact that over the defense through balls now occur more often and we are seeing many long transitional passes is something that makes me happy as it means the ME has the ability to do it. It is now a matter of balancing the when and ifs.

For me the main worry remains the same the AMC playmaking position is still uselesss,  even in this brutal beast of an ME.

imo, SI should sign you up to formally test behind the scenes. You have a good eye and understanding.

These were the issues with 19.0 imo:

1) AI teams not able to challenge human gegenpressing teams.

2) Not enough ground level through balls.

3) Not much variety or patience in wide attacking play. Teams playing possession football need to patienly overload the wide areas to stretch narrow defences instead of running to the by-line and crossing.

The ME team has taken the feedbacks seriously and tried to deal with all of the above issues which is commendable. But now we have the knock-on effects in the other areas of ME and the issues in 19.1 are:

1) Too many direct passes even on short passing TI. Specially in transition.

2) Less patient build up play even on low tempo short passing style. You only need to see how many passes city's and Betis' defenders play among each other IRL. How do I replicate that in FM?

3) Not much variety or patience in wide attacking play. Teams playing possession football need to patienly overload the wide areas to stretch narrow defences instead of running to the by-line and crossing.

That's it. I believe the balanced ME is not far and we are nearly there. Although I also understand it may not be easy for the ME developers to balance this otherwise they would have done it by now. So I hope we both (userbase and developers) can find a compromise somewhere between.

I'll try to upload pkms if I can to help the developers.

Edited by pats

My players are passing the ball with quite high speed in close distances. When A pass the ball to B, ball strikes B's foot (or back) and becomes loose. Both have high first touch, passing and technique ratings. Loose ball leads to easy counter attacks/goals for the opponent. I am playing with a tight, short passing 4-3-1-2 and this is killing my tactic basically. Anyone has the same issue?

I feel like 19.0 is more balance than this update(19.1) then I think SI should use match engine of 19.0 as a main and just fix some problems such as through ball on ground and midfield player run to cross too much etc. ,not like fix all the engine because some is already good.

Edited by jacopson