Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah Update 19.1.0 out for Pre Release Beta

No mention of crosses and through balls!? I take it this isn't the final update before release?

Edited by pauly15

29 minutes ago, andu1 said:

and it would have been nice for us to test those in the beta not at full release.

No point in rushing ME updates if they're not ready. Might just take you out of the frying pan into the fire.

1 minuto atrás, RocheBag disse:

The fact they didn't seem to think the crossing issue deserved it's own note in the thread doesn't fill me with hope. Fingers crossed I'm proven wrong.

Maybe test it first? If they mention "various ME improvements" I don't see a reason to detail it. Test it, and if the bug persists, raise it on the bugs forum...

34 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah Update 19.1.0 out for Pre Release Beta

Jeez wish id restarted my machine when i got home... Just lost my 2 new signings to long term injury :D

Thanks neil and team, looks like a substantial amount of tweaks for an unscheduled update :thup:

1 minute ago, 99 said:

Maybe test it first? If they mention "various ME improvements" I don't see a reason to detail it. Test it, and if the bug persists, raise it on the bugs forum...

Right but they mentioned other match engine fixes is what I'm saying. Obviously I'm going to test it first. That's why I said "hopefully I'm proven wrong"

5 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

The fact they didn't seem to think the crossing issue deserved it's own note in the thread doesn't fill me with hope. Fingers crossed I'm proven wrong.

Completely agree, I have noticed that all answers on this issue from SI are very vague and non-specific. 

Just now, borisbachalov said:

Completely agree, I have noticed that all answers on this issue from SI are very vague and non-specific. 

Yeah, and the few times they address it they seem to think it's not a huge deal. Hopefully I'm wrong but this has been an issue for years now. 

i updated to 19.1 ... watched the replay of my last game .. arsenal (me) vs liverpool ... last night when i played the game i won 2 - 1 with 10 players, the problem is now in the replay in the time line i can see two more goals scored, one for each team .. and in reality the result should be 3 - 2 .. the two extra goals are valid.

final scoreboard 2 - 1 ... but if u count the goals .. in reality they are 3 - 2.

image.thumb.png.8220f1be9eddb53bdec40ba74b74ad9b.png

Edited by kertiek

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

i updated to 19.1 ... watched the replay of my last game .. arsenal (me) vs liverpool ... last night when i played the game i won 2 - 1 with 10 players, the problem is now in the replay in the time line .. and all of them are valid.

final scoreboard 2 - 1 ... but if u count the goals .. in reality they are 3 - 2.

image.thumb.png.8220f1be9eddb53bdec40ba74b74ad9b.png

Hey, can you send us that PKM please? That's a very big issue.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Are you sure injuries are reduced.. Just rebooted my machine and updated... 4mins into first game... Neee noorrrr neeee norrrr

Injuries are still possible. Let us know after a season or so.

35 minutos atrás, MyNameIsJohn disse:

So is this the full game now and there won't be an update on Friday?  Neil's post seems to suggest that?

I've opened the updated game now and it still has the "beta" reporting error messages (footer and menu), so I assume it's still considered beta. A really nice gift to us from SI, tho.

7 minutes ago, Sticx said:

First game in and it did seem better. Although I did pick up an injury and scored from a cross lol. I did notice they seemed to be reduced and I did get a goal frok a through ball, so I'm hopeful with the update.

God this is like music to my ears. Can't wait to get home and try it.

Can anyone who's started a new game with the Scottish leagues loaded check and see if there's any u18 competitions running?  

Only thing keeping me from starting my long term save, would be awesome if they've been added before full release so I can get a good session in on Wednesday night/all of Thursday.

Edited by celtic_fc

My next match was against city and they destroyed me. They were passing with ease all over the pitch while creating 3 ccc and 3 hc. None of their key passes or chances created were crosses either. I think this update made them a beast.

50 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I think this will be addressed when the game is released in full?

3 minutes ago, Sticx said:

My next match was against city and they destroyed me. They were passing with ease all over the pitch while creating 3 ccc and 3 hc. None of their key passes or chances created were crosses either. I think this update made them a beast.

:Bowen:

Edited by pats

6 minutes ago, Sticx said:

If I play city and they're creating chances with through calls I'll be so happy.

i think they put various fixes about those subjects, crosses and through balls without details to have better and clean feedback just from us just by playing the end result and not knowing specifically what they did to avoid any feedback with Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.

pretty good idea.

short explanation.

Edited by kertiek

8 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Just had a Brexit kill my save.

Can't play a foreigner in the first team in Scotland unless he earns 8k PW or a loanee / senior in the 23's unless he earns 3k

That's mental money for Scotland

Sounds like a youth save. Start investing in that junior coaching.

Newgens do look a little better (not that they were horrific on launch). Interestingly, I noticed that one player from my youth intake - who was bald when he was generated - now has long hair and a head band, like a young Mauricio Pochettino.

There seem to have been a good few 'Quality of Life' changes to the UI, and I like that the percentages for Condition/Sharpness are in a clearer shade of green. I'm not yet sold on the new black outline for the gold CA/PA stars, though.

Edited by CFuller
Were, not weren't.