• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pauly15 said:

Getting a lot of this bug on match load recently: 

image.thumb.png.16ba0635c97284844297263cde8c1635.png

Just stuck. Tends to happen after an international break maybe

Just use 'shift+R'. After two-three times it will load! 

Shift+r = skin reload

4 minutes ago, okozumasa said:

Sorry, age old question...will the patches on full/post release work on my current BETA save or will I have to start a new game? Thanks.

Yes your save will work in the final release.

Another question: When I continue the game it takes "forever" because it will also progresses the U-23's and U-20's games. How can I 'disable' this?

2 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Yes your save will work in the final release.

Another question: When I continue the game it takes "forever" because it will also progresses the U-23's and U-20's games. How can I 'disable' this?

Sorry wasn't clear in my question, I know the save will work but will the fixed bugs be applied to the BETA save?

1 minute ago, okozumasa said:

Sorry wasn't clear in my question, I know the save will work but will the fixed bugs be applied to the BETA save?

Yes. Your Beta save is just a normal save-game just as you would have a save-game in the final release.

1 hour ago, JEinchy said:

So, back to poor old Pep. I have a theory that the reason he seems to do so poorly in these games is because, as of late, the ME hasn't favoured sides who try to play with high possession and with through passes.

In older releases, it's not as simple. AI, including Pep, hadn't even grasped the basics of "possession football". Unlike an actual manager, they have never heard of midfield pivots linking those passing triangles. Not merely that, they often have that weird idea that throwing their entire frontline forward ASAP after winning the ball would make it easy to pass the ball around (and somehow, provide any attacking space for those neato through balls). Additionally, Pep's traits in the editor make him a very aggressive manager too in terms of how he positions his d-line. Unfortunately, unlike any real manager, the AI never, ever get/got the message if it's spanked by diagonal balls into the channels of its lines or balls over the top over and over in a match. Conversely, when they concede, they go even more aggressive, as that's been standard AI management.

On another board, we used to collect a few instances back when he was still at Bayern Munich. This was his last season in the Bundesliga, and on the occasion, he lost up to 8 matches in what used to be one of the most one sided top leagues in FM ever. Suffice it to say.... the Special Ones on FM, they traditionally haven't existed. They'd oft fail the most basic coaching courses ASAP (and mind, I would too, as any of the above is basics of basics, imo). Hopefully the presets help the AI at least a tiny bit come FM19 full. However, you cannot blame as SI, in a sense. For the majority of their customerbase, they may at "best" worry about those weird possession stats that don't match what they see in MOTD or at "worst" moan about why Bayern/City in-game can be so shaky. And that's okay, as you can be attracted to football for totally different reasons. To be fair, AI will always have a harder time in the Prem, as the gap isn't near as huge as it used to be in the Bundesliga. Plus -- it's not as he was running away straight in his first season likewise (remains to be seen how things pan out longer-term). Over single seasons much goes ; including Leicester just about edging it. :P

edit: This was put a bit bluntly to get a point accross. Generally, the dynamicism as such at play with SI's AI is a thing of beauty I personally adore. It's also something that must be helluva tough to balance. However, as players have shown, the solutions are oft all there, there is also nothing that keeps one from being successful with a possession based approach usually -- however, SI seem to be pretty careful what they listen to in terms of their "tactical" community, as they may also realize that it could have the side-effect of making the game harder for its overall customer base. PS: I don't consider myself to be a tactical hardcore too at all, btw. That doesn't detract from the above points. The stuff you on occasion see is just damaging and has been technically primarily related to the AI's picks in player roles and duties.

Edited by Svenc

vor 28 Minuten schrieb kingking:

An honest mistake, happens in real life lol, it's not a bug 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHfsgFaYohA

NO it is actually a bug a stupid thing like this by allimagination would never happen in rela life, its not that he totally unnecessary hits the striker,its that he had all time when he ran back to just get the ball, instead he waits gets away from the ball then makes a diving save from the goalline, that is actually so dumb even dumb real life wouldnt allow that, ok he could have a stroke. Its a bug.

On 21/10/2018 at 12:42, dannyfc said:

Anyone finding the number of offsides each game excessive again this year? Strikers seem unable to check their runs when trying to get in behind.

I'm averaging about 6 or 7 a game currently, while in real life i think it's usually between 2 to 4.

Now I understand playing direct with players with low anticipation will naturally lead to this, however the opposition are also experiencing similar numbers so isn't purely tactics related IMO.  I've tried limiting attackers to support duties, however this is in the Conference so being forced toward a more patient approach isn't ideal for chance creation.

It can make the highlight reel frustrating to extremely watch at times. I guess the alterative option would be to simply tone down the number of offsides shown. If it's marginal decision from a slipped through ball then fair enough, but I don't really need to see every long punt up the pitch where the strike has set off 2 yards early.

That said, I'm really enjoying the match engine on the whole and this is a minor gripe rather than a full on rant.

A thousand times this. Annoying as hell and horrendously unrealistic. Was exactly the same on FM18 too. Players' stats don't even seem to matter in relation to it. My striker was just caught offside 12 times in one game - off the ball is 14, anticipation is 12, pace and acceleration 13. Even Conference players, who would have lower stats, wouldn't be caught offside that many times in an actual game. Needs really looking at.

2 hours ago, Andreas_Pson said:

Now this bar got stuck. Dragged Salah to the pitch. Cant get rid of it, clicked everywhere.

stuck.JPG

I believe click and drag one of the names on the right should do the trick. You might need to let go before it goes away. Hasn't happened in a few days, so I'm not entirely sure.

Haven't read through 40 pages but after playing the beta for a while now they are a few things that are killing the enjoyment for me. First is the amount f crosses. Even playing a narrow system my cm's routinely dribble out wide to cross the ball when they should play through the middle. 

Second is the excessive amount of slide tackles. I regularly see it multiple times in one key highlight. 

Third is the match engines inability to implement real world football. I'm tired of seeing Guardiola struggle year after year. 

These problems have been going on I feel for several years and nothing is being done about them. I don't even know I feel anyone at SI will even comment on them. I'm not sure if I can refund my purchase at this point but I'm seriously thinking about it.

5 hours ago, pauly15 said:

Just have a red "not recommended" thing pop up like what happens now if a PPM conflicts with an instruction. 

Some PIs need to be locked in, as there are certain things roles should absolutely do. I just don't think defensive wingers should have to dribble or cross more because people who play that role are often makeshift wide players.

So Mesut Ozil, who has 19 vision and "looks for pass" PPM consistently shoots from long range despite having much better options to pass to. Players clearly passes, especially to those that make runs in behind. I really hope SI are looking into this, but considering how long crossing has been an issue for I will not hold my breath

5 hours ago, cbcruz said:

Everything about that looks really bad tbh, the decision not to shoot being the cherry on top. I assume you/both teams are playing on high mentality and aggressive duties(?), but the decisions and positions of basically all players just doesn't look good to me and especially for counter attacks it's been a common theme for several FM's now.

14 minutes ago, mp_87 said:

Everything about that looks really bad tbh, the decision not to shoot being the cherry on top. I assume you/both teams are playing on high mentality and aggressive duties(?), but the decisions and positions of basically all players just doesn't look good to me and especially for counter attacks it's been a common theme for several FM's now.

Balanced. Rashford the only one with attack duty.

They were definitely on a more aggressive mentality, as it was the 90th minute and they were losing 2-1.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Am I the only one who couldn't care less how well/badly Pep Guardiola does in game? There's only one manager I give a hoot about regarding their performance. Me. 

To be honest I tend to play so quickly I don't really know who is managing who or what players have moved elsewhere. I only tend to look around and take that in at the end of a session, where I spend about half hour looking around seeing whats happened in game. When I play the game though, all I care about is going match to match, with separate scouting and transfer "sessions" when a window opens or a season ends.

8 minutes ago, cbcruz said:

Balanced. Rashford the only one with attack duty.

They were definitely on a more aggressive mentality, as it was the 90th minute and they were losing 2-1.

Cheers. Don't think on a standard setting you'd expect to leave two vs. three attackers on the halfway line as everyone else piles into the penalty area, no midfielders even looking to hold any ground outside the area, the left fullback in particular does some bizarre movement, Wolves players all in a bunch, I could go on.

Haven't got FM19 yet but for me these 100mph stampedes that happen on counter attacks where suddenly everyone arrives in the penalty area have been happening for several iterations now and just look silly.

And that's without even mentioning the main event - what Rashford does! :lol:

Edited by mp_87

31 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Am I the only one who couldn't care less how well/badly Pep Guardiola does in game? There's only one manager I give a hoot about regarding their performance. Me. 

Guardiola is an excellent example of some of the AI issues tho. With his reputation he not only starts with one of the most talented squads on the game with major resources, but also finds himself landing one big job after another... And consistently failing. 

Now i can load a city save, select a preset formation and pretty much plug n play to the title. So why cant Guardiola win it or at least consistently put up a decent points total and keep his job?

Id like to think its a simple fix like remove 'works ball into box' from his profile preferences (the best teams will often face cautious opposition who keep their defensive shape and hold a deep line... So the added patient approach probably isnt helping) .

However, its more likely due to a lot of the big clubs favouring central, possession style games with playmakers and inside forwards...whilst it would appear the ME clearly has a bias for goals from crossing. 

I dont see why they cant find a preset tactic, that with the best players in the world, can consistenly beat weaker AI teams so that the worlds elite are able to post at least 75pts plus

So far, and in isolation its way too soon to say, im finding only one AI team (primarily Liverpool or Utd) will post massive pts (circa 90) whilst the other big clubs (chelsea, arsenal, tottenham, city) are really below par with circa 60.

That said, its not just me seeing it, so the test sample is pretty big. And its the likes of barca, real, bayern also relatively flopping

Edited by westy8chimp

CM's don't play through balls, instead pass to either winger or wingback so we get even more crossing which the CF does nothing with, instead the goal will be scored by the inside forward or the attacking mid. If this doesn't happen we're now getting loads of shots from outside the box even though work into the box is in my tactics. Definitely not enjoying this version so far, it looks like all the hard work has been put into developing a glitzy new and improved training and tactics and completely ignore the ME once again.

1 minute ago, jc1 said:

CM's don't play through balls, instead pass to either winger or wingback so we get even more crossing which the CF does nothing with, instead the goal will be scored by the inside forward or the attacking mid. If this doesn't happen we're now getting loads of shots from outside the box even though work into the box is in my tactics. Definitely not enjoying this version so far, it looks like all the hard work has been put into developing a glitzy new and improved training and tactics and completely ignore the ME once again.

It's actually something SI have been looking into. They posted about it in this very thread if people take the time to read it 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

It's actually something SI have been looking into. They posted about it in this very thread if people take the time to read it 

If I've not been online for a while sometimes the thought of reading 12 pages is a bit daunting, a quick speed read does the trick but sometimes you miss something along the way, no need to get narky about it.

Just now, jc1 said:

If I've not been online for a while sometimes the thought of reading 12 pages is a bit daunting, a quick speed read does the trick but sometimes you miss something along the way, no need to get narky about it.

Nothing narky at all. Almost all the info,  replies and feedback you will get from SI will be in this thread. So it just pays to take the time to read it 

54 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There are 2 types of fm fans 

1. those who find bugs/issues no matter how big or small, report them to help improve the game

and 2. others who find bugs/issues, however ignore and dismiss them because they don't like negative feedback or couldn't care less about improving the game

Edited by kingking

2 minutes ago, kingking said:

There are 2 types of fm fans 

1. those who find bugs/issues no matter how big or small, report them to help improve the game

and 2. others who find issues but ignore and dismiss them because they don't like negative feedback or couldn't care less about improving the game

Since the beta was released, I've raised around 5/6 tickets in the bugs forums. 

A quick check of your posting activity reveals you haven't logged a single one since it was launched. 

So yeah, you're probably right about the two types of FM fan. 

Have they removed the ability to view other games this year? I used to be able to click on the fixture and it would change to 'attend', but I can't seem to do that now. I know you can go back and watch matches already played, but I liked this feature if I'd applied for a job at a club or wanted to watch a scouted player, etc. 

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Have they removed the ability to view other games this year? I used to be able to click on the fixture and it would change to 'attend', but I can't seem to do that now. I know you can go back and watch matches already played, but I liked this feature if I'd applied for a job at a club or wanted to watch a scouted player, etc. 

In the original release notes of the beta it said that it was disabled for network games. However it clearly doesn't work for single player as well, and I'm yet to see feedback what the logical reasoning behind this is :)

41 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Its there but its a bug I think so prob be there in full release

6 minutes ago, Paul Oxenham said:

My game keeps getting stuck at 24/11/2018 Man Utd vs chelsea just stuck awaiting line up and processing can move to other menus can’t get past rebooted numerous times and tomother save points same issue

You need to post here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/617-crashes-technical-issues/

1 hour ago, Paul Oxenham said:

My game keeps getting stuck at 24/11/2018 Man Utd vs chelsea just stuck awaiting line up and processing can move to other menus can’t get past rebooted numerous times and tomother save points same issue

For a quick fix, try going on holiday for 1 day

1 hour ago, Paul Oxenham said:

Reload the skin shift+r

Or preference - interface - reload skin