Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Really enjoying the game so far, and the improvements to the dark skin only furthered that enjoyment the other day! I've mainly been scouting for players during the beta and getting all my tactics and stuff decided for my main save so I can hit the groud running (hopefully). That might not sound like much but I'm a low sighted player so it takes a while. I just have a few things I've noticed and points I would like to raise...

1. I noticed yesterday that in the set piece takers section, there were names of random staff members from all around the world listed there when I first entered the menu, which was so random. These staff members ranged from the Serbia manager to the assistant manager of Trammere which, considering I'm in charge of Leeds, was weird. 

2. I have the colour setting for attributes of 15+ to be in a reddish colour, but I've noticed occasionally that I won't even be able to see one of the numbers, or it'll be significantly darker than what it should be and barely visible. 

3. I was a little surprised that Kalvin Phillips' potential ability shows that hewon't grow any more. His current and potential ability both show "very good" which was a little odd considering he is only 22 and started the irl season in the best form he has ever been in. I've tested it with all my coaches' opinions and scouted him as Real Madrid and it is all the same. 

4. The improvements to the dark skin are great, but I think it still needs to go further. I don't know if I'm speaking for everyone when I say this, but I use the dark skin because I want as little bright colour as possible. I want a skin where the backgroud is always dark with light text. The top of the player profile screen is one of the areas for improvement in the dark skin in m opinion. 

Edited by RossJM12

10 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Medical Centre is underrated :thup:

It doesn't help to reduce injuries that well

There needs to be more tips and guides on how to reduce injuries 

Edited by kingking

12 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

8 of the teams in League Two have 2 first team keepers registered (rest have at least three), all have at least one reserve/under 18s keeper outside that. So, aside from the fact they have the emergency loan (which they really shouldn't be abusing to save money) you should always have 3 keepers in a side

It doesn’t really matter. The rules are too harsh with the current feature. 

A goalkeeper of 38 should be able to mentor a younger keeper in the same squad. In real life, this scenario wouldn’t be constrained because there’s not another person involved. It’s nonsense. 

Edited by DP

Another positive impression, fm19 seems to be quite a bit quicker in processing compared to fm18. 

I also must say that during beta my focus is solely on playing as many matches/tactics in different saves as possible to judge the ME. My real career game starts after the editor becomes available.

Usually I only then start to really appreciate the total game. But I already am really impressed with the UI, the training possibilities,  medical centre and scouting. I think paying extra attention in getting the right staff will be rewarded even more. So I am looking forward to that.

Now let's nuance my critics on the ME. I actually believe SI only needs to balance the central play vs wing play. The lack of central play seems to have a knock on effect of more crosses, more corners and more free kicks and throw ins around the penalty area. Combined with some poor set piece defending,  which SI already state to be working on, it leads to a rather one dimensional presentation of goals. 

If SI manages to balance this and focuses on preferred foot shooting and crossing (making inside forwards perform more lifelike) I think this ME is by far the best ever.

Of course this does not put my concern to rest that AI is not capable of using the same tactics as us humans...

The ton of love that has been put into build up play, pressing, long range passes with perfect swirve etc is lovely. So yeah I am optimistic, but again I want to stress the importance of SI delivering an update to the ME soon. 

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

In fairness, Yeovil ran with just two (I use the term two loosely, as the second registered goalkeeper was our goalkeeping coach) for many years.  We were allowed to sign emergency goalkeepers a few times.

That comes back to my original point about clubs playing a little fast and loose with the emergency loan ability (hence Fifa's crackdown a couple of years ago) to save money rather than maintaining a decent sized squad 

Is there any update on what ME changes the developer team is currently working on for the full release ?

16 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Just had the same bug that I have had for the last few years.  It has been logged previously so won't be doing it again.

I signed an 18 year old centre back in the summer (I am newly promoted to VNL in England) though he would only join if I agreed to a minimum fee clause of £240,000.  He moaned in January because I turned down a bid of £100,000.  My reasoning was he had a minimum fee clause and that had to be met.  He sulked, threw a tantrum and cried himself silly.

The squad approached me saying I was being unfair.  I responded saying his departure makes the squad weaker.  They agreed and quite a few had the support manager icon next to their name (Agn I think, from memory).  Please note, there is still no option to say to squad he wasn't sold because release clause wasn't met.

A week later, Barnsley approach me and offer £240,000.  It is out of my hands and the transfer goes through.  The squad immediately round on me saying I was wrong and should of stuck to my guns.  Again, no option to say release clause was met.  It affects my standing with the squad and dynamics.

TL;DR - Squad go mental at something beyond my control and dynamics suffers.

I'll be slated for this, but I wish it happened more.

Feels like there's been managers who for no real reason, have had a dressing room completely turn on them and cost them their job, Conte at Chelsea seems an example. 

Always feel likes it's too easy to quell a mutiny on FM by simply winning a few games.

Would add weight to experienced players with professional personalities, who could settle things down, so folk would go after them rather than stockpile a team of 19yo players. Could also add the aspect of, if you ever move jobs, taking loyal players from the previous club to help you in the new dressing room.

Just an opinion, of course, but would add a further layer of difficulty.

Research (finishing attributes related):

Given the data available to the general public these days, I'm encouraging to take researchers a look at them also. It seems Morata's finishing attributes have been nerfed some from prior releases, no doubt connected to his perceived performances last season. Which is somewhat concerning too, because the research doesn't seem to recognize the possible impact of random chance over limited sample sizes either. However, same as it is no proof of particularly superior finishing if a forward racks up 25 goals (depends entirelly on the amount and quality of chances) -- it is no proof of him being below par if he scored but 10 -- ask Benzema, set up primarily as the link-up man to CR7 for almost as long as he had been in Madrid.

To put that into (simple) numbers: Morata currently averages 2 attempts per match. Harry Kane 5. This will be influenced some by tactics: It is no doubt that at Spurs, Kane has been set up as THE focal point of attacks, similar to CR7 at Madrid, etc.  But also, to an extent perhaps, superior off the ball movement, which sees him in added scoring positions. Scoring less or more as such isn't an argument to sifignicantly alter finishing related attributes though (even though they don't hugely influence much in-game -- and btw shouldn't). Whilst they have their weakness, several xG models also suggest that over the recent seasons, Morata actually (slightly) outperformed what he was expected to finish. And speaking about that Arsenal match (three one on ones missed, when you would realistically expect him to score one): Curiously, had that not happened in a single match, but spread out over weeks, the overreaction and social media lambasting had not happened

This isn't at all a request to change Morata's attributes. It's more a general feedback/observation as to research. Purely data don't tell the whole story. However, they can put them into added context a few.

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, jdubsnz said:

I politely challenge back on that. £110k a week for a player of Ramsey’s calibre and experience is nothing in today’s market. Agree on Welbeck though, although English premium etc

His current wage wouldn't be the issue, but his future wage demands. Currently his (real life) Arsenal career looks set to be over by the end of the season, as they don't want to match his demands of 350k a week to match Ozil.  Given the finances at the start of the will reflect business already done, if he is wanting anything similar in FM, that will rule out most clubs initially, add to the fact that he's got less than a year left on his contract, and it actually makes much more sense for clubs to be shown an interest (ie they have shortlisted him) and then try and pick him up on a free

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be slated for this, but I wish it happened more.

Feels like there's been managers who for no real reason, have had a dressing room completely turn on them and cost them their job, Conte at Chelsea seems an example. 

Always feel likes it's too easy to quell a mutiny on FM by simply winning a few games.

Would add weight to experienced players with professional personalities, who could settle things down, so folk would go after them rather than stockpile a team of 19yo players. Could also add the aspect of, if you ever move jobs, taking loyal players from the previous club to help you in the new dressing room.

Just an opinion, of course, but would add a further layer of difficulty.

Add difficulty?  What, things beyond your control?  There isn't even an option to say he left because release fee was met.

12 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Add difficulty?  What, things beyond your control?  There isn't even an option to say he left because release fee was met.

I completely agree with you that there needs to either more speech options, or more realistic ones, as it can be impossible to explain yourself in certain situations. 

I'd just like a squad mutiny to actually be that, especially at bigger clubs with ling established stars. Like managing Bayern, and making the mistake of falling out with a Neuer/Hummels. Do you try and deal with it and get the squad back on side, so you sell them and hope the rest respond, or do you run out of time and have the whole squad stop playing for you? 

Doesn't quite reach those levels unless you're setting Sunday League rep.

1 hour ago, RossJM12 said:

Really enjoying the game so far, and the improvements to the dark skin only furthered that enjoyment the other day! I've mainly been scouting for players during the beta and getting all my tactics and stuff decided for my main save so I can hit the groud running (hopefully). That might not sound like much but I'm a low sighted player so it takes a while. I just have a few things I've noticed and points I would like to raise...

1. I noticed yesterday that in the set piece takers section, there were names of random staff members from all around the world listed there when I first entered the menu, which was so random. These staff members ranged from the Serbia manager to the assistant manager of Trammere which, considering I'm in charge of Leeds, was weird. 

2. I have the colour setting for attributes of 15+ to be in a reddish colour, but I've noticed occasionally that I won't even be able to see one of the numbers, or it'll be significantly darker than what it should be and barely visible. 

3. I was a little surprised that Kalvin Phillips' potential ability shows that hewon't grow any more. His current and potential ability both show "very good" which was a little odd considering he is only 22 and started the irl season in the best form he has ever been in. I've tested it with all my coaches' opinions and scouted him as Real Madrid and it is all the same. 

4. The improvements to the dark skin are great, but I think it still needs to go further. I don't know if I'm speaking for everyone when I say this, but I use the dark skin because I want as little bright colour as possible. I want a skin where the backgroud is always dark with light text. The top of the player profile screen is one of the areas for improvement in the dark skin in m opinion. 

I noticed this too, never checked who they were but totally random people in my preferred takers lists.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I completely agree with you that there needs to either more speech options, or more realistic ones, as it can be impossible to explain yourself in certain situations. 

I'd just like a squad mutiny to actually be that, especially at bigger clubs with ling established stars. Like managing Bayern, and making the mistake of falling out with a Neuer/Hummels. Do you try and deal with it and get the squad back on side, so you sell them and hope the rest respond, or do you run out of time and have the whole squad stop playing for you? 

Doesn't quite reach those levels unless you're setting Sunday League rep.

I have said for long enough that there should be a blank option at the bottom of any conversation with anyone where you can add an extra, like what you have during press conferences.

Rather than the circular debate about how 'easy' the game is being perceived by some (important to note that many don't share this view) - I thought it would be more constructive to review some AI performances using the analysis tool.

Take this FA Cup 4th round result on my Wimbledon save:

image.thumb.png.f5c076d14e411bb3e41a26013d50f005.png

Tactic:

image.thumb.png.8cedbee5169e5d5ea6e5de503969c1cf.png

Formations:

image.thumb.png.bf17e7b5b3a84f7e9f62e32468800342.png

Analysis; goals:

image.thumb.png.7c1ebca4481577e09abd6933e67be6f6.png

All 4 goals were the result of crosses; the supply of which Sheff Wed consistently failed to cut out despite it being an obvious danger of my system.

Analysis; crosses:

image.thumb.png.2e2b5d9abd231058e2b506c8fe1e6742.png

36 crosses attempted from my team, with a whopping completion rate of 33%. They are also using 3 centre backs, two of which are 6'4" and far superior to my forwards. Something not right here.

By adding the TI 'Overlap Right' you can see the overloads I'm creating on the right with no.8 Scott Wagstaff - WM(s) and no.4 Tennai Watson FB(a). Despite this, Sheff Wed persist with their formation and strategy for 90 minutes; offering no protection to Adam Reach, who keeps getting on the wrong end of 2v1 situations

Analysus; Sheff Wed passing:

image.thumb.png.f34ea200c21d5290f73a07829c53a834.png

In the entire 90 minutes, Sheff Wed (a team far superior to me and chasing the game)  received 3 (three) passes inside my penalty area. No.20 (Adam Reach) Saw a huge amount of the ball on the left, but did absolutely nothing with it; apart from endlessly play it backwards and sideways. In fact they had a huge amount of pointless and passive possession in central areas, but where are the forward penetrative passes to players making aggressive runs against a shaky tiring backline?

I'm far from a tactical expert and this is only a single game. There are countless more examples from my current save where the above trends are present. They can be summarised thus:

- The AI is poor at adapting to your threats, even when they are obvious

- As a result, overloading wide areas leads to an incredible amount of dangerous crosses

- There is often a lack of penetrative football in central areas (e.g. aggressive lateral / diagonal runs, through balls, one-twos, lay-offs and flicks)

- As a result, if you defend the flanks properly, the AI quickly runs out of ideas

40 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

That said, AI so far never has, never much specifically adapted to threats, even one dimensional ones (solely obvious focus of all play going through the flanks). This is a myth perpetuated by users of one dimensional "super tactics" that seem to "fail" at random intervalls -- and tactical bloggers advertising their superior quality content as if it was a requirement, when it is merely another bonus over the AI. :D  To be fair, SI have always argued that they would never code the game so that it was mainly aimed at the tactical community. If some real adapting happens, it mostly did by random chance (or, the gift of research, if you will). That's the perceived "ranodmness "plug and play super tacticians" have faced every since. F'r instance, it's the researchers that award AI managers their traits, and thus impact how they all play (prefered formations, etc. ) Some of those traits defendn the flanks better, some central areas, etc. This also naturally impacts AI vs Ai matches. Interesting posts, and observation, thanks for that! That said, it would be generally concerning that tactical decisions can trump over player quality in a way that simply doesn't happen in real football. Maybe something to report via a pkm to SI.

Edited by Svenc

24 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Rather than the circular debate about how 'easy' the game is being perceived by some (important to note that many don't share this view) - I thought it would be more constructive to review some AI performances using the analysis tool.

Take this FA Cup 4th round result on my Wimbledon save:

image.thumb.png.f5c076d14e411bb3e41a26013d50f005.png

Tactic:

image.thumb.png.8cedbee5169e5d5ea6e5de503969c1cf.png

Formations:

image.thumb.png.bf17e7b5b3a84f7e9f62e32468800342.png

Analysis; goals:

image.thumb.png.7c1ebca4481577e09abd6933e67be6f6.png

All 4 goals were the result of crosses; the supply of which Sheff Wed consistently failed to cut out despite it being an obvious danger of my system.

Analysis; crosses:

image.thumb.png.2e2b5d9abd231058e2b506c8fe1e6742.png

36 crosses attempted from my team, with a whopping completion rate of 33%. They are also using 3 centre backs, two of which are 6'4" and far superior to my forwards. Something not right here.

By adding the TI 'Overlap Right' you can see the overloads I'm creating on the right with no.8 Scott Wagstaff - WM(s) and no.4 Tennai Watson FB(a). Despite this, Sheff Wed persist with their formation and strategy for 90 minutes; offering no protection to Adam Reach, who keeps getting on the wrong end of 2v1 situations

Analysus; Sheff Wed passing:

image.thumb.png.f34ea200c21d5290f73a07829c53a834.png

In the entire 90 minutes, Sheff Wed (a team far superior to me and chasing the game)  received 3 (three) passes inside my penalty area. No.20 (Adam Reach) Saw a huge amount of the ball on the left, but did absolutely nothing with it; apart from endlessly play it backwards and sideways. In fact they had a huge amount of pointless and passive possession in central areas, but where are the forward penetrative passes to players making aggressive runs against a shaky tiring backline?

I'm far from a tactical expert and this is only a single game. There are countless more examples from my current save where the above trends are present. They can be summarised thus:

- As a result, overloading wide areas leads to an incredible amount of dangerous crosses

- There is often a lack of penetrative football in central areas (e.g. aggressive lateral / diagonal runs, through balls, one-twos, lay-offs and flicks)

- As a result, if you defend the flanks properly, the AI quickly runs out of ideas

These kinds of things really need to be raised with examples in the match engine forums - https://community.sigames.com/forum/642-match-engine/

That's the only way these types of issues can be investigated. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Good analysis - I've stopped playing after I cottoned on the game's are simply a case of preventing the cross to nullify the opponent. 

I don't understand how this can be still be the case after 3 years. SI acknowledged it was an issue back in FM 17, but claimed the effectiveness couldn't be nerfed in a patch as it would imbalance the game. 2 years on and we're still at the same point, which suggests there's something underlying that isn't easily solvable.

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

These kinds of things really need to be raised with examples in the match engine forums - https://community.sigames.com/forum/642-match-engine/

The Poor ability of the A.I to adapt, react and counter the users tactics has been an issue for years... since FM first came out lol

it isn't going to be solved anytime soon

The A.I can easily be more smarter, the technology exists...however it just isn't done

Edited by kingking

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Neil, may I recommend that SI opens a dedicated thread of issues that have been indentified and which are hopefully addressed in a next ME.

For your information, the lack of central play and probably as a result an emphasis on wing play has already been indentified in the ME bugs forum and @Jack Joyce stated that tweaks have been made for the next ME. SI did not need any more examples from betatesters after we delivered mulitple examples. This is that partical thread:

too many assists from crosses

Yet we see lots of new complaints, analysis and threads on this topic. But in the various threads on this topic outside the ME bugs forum SI is keeping quiet thus perhaps letting the irritation grow unnecessarily

I think streamlining the efforts between the several SI departments and then communicating with your 'betatesters" (that would be us) on a daily basis through a dedicated thread on the identification and progress on certain issues would also streamline this general forum. If I am honest, a lot of posts from dedicated players can be prevented. And you could focus more on 1 particular thread and let the mods do the dirty work in the threads that are still being opened while information has already been provided by SI.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Mensell76

16 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Neil, may I recommend that SI opens a dedicated thread of issues that have been indentified and which are hopefully addressed in a next ME.

For your information, the lack of central play and probably as a result an emphasis on wing play has already been indentified in the ME bugs forum and @Jack Joyce stated that tweaks have been made for the next ME. SI did not need any more examples from betatesters after we delivered mulitple examples. This is that partical thread:

too many assists from crosses

Yet we see lots of new complaints, analysis and threads on this topic. But in the various threads on this topic outside the ME bugs forum SI is keeping quiet on this topic thus perhaps letting the irritation grow unnecessarily

I think streamlining the efforts between the several SI departments and then communicating with your 'betatesters" (that would be us) on a daily basis through a dedicated thread on the identification and progress on certain issues would also streamline this general forum. If I am honest, a lot of posts from dedicated players can be prevented. And you could focus more on 1 particular thread and let the mods do the dirty work in the threads that are still being opened while information has already been provided by SI.

Just my two cents.

The vast majority of streamlining is done in the bugs threads. The majority of Devs and QA will be in there, with people occasionally popping in here to update on what is relevant. Opening up more threads here would simply double their workload, not to mention they may not have decided how they want to proceed with any issues. Updating daily would take up large amounts of time that could probably be spent elsewhere. Remember, SI will have their own internal testers, private beta testers, and general beta testers. There is only so much replying they can do. Especially when release is this close

As it's always been said, if you think something is a bug etc, post in the relevant forums. 

If there is any info to share, it will be in this thread, as it as been already.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The vast majority of streamlining is done in the bugs threads. The majority of Devs and QA will be in there, with people occasionally popping in here to update on what is relevant. Opening up more threads here would simply double their workload, not to mention they may not have decided how they want to proceed with any issues. Updating daily would take up large amounts of time that could probably be spent elsewhere

As it's always been said, if you think something is a bug etc, post in the relevant forums. 

If there is any info to share, it will be in this thread, as it as been already.

This thread is 39 pages. Hard to go through to check what has or has not been identified.

What I suggest is merely a progress thread by SI (In which we can 't reply) on issues that have been identified and on which SI has reached consensus that tweaks were necessary.

If you believe that costs more time on SI's behalf than browsing through many threads and without much organisation reacting to individual posts I think we have a vastly different take on the LEAN principles.

Instead of downright dismissing input one could also actually look at it from a helicopter view to see if there is actually efficiency value in it.

8 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

This thread is 39 pages. Hard to go through to check what has or has not been identified.

What I suggest is merely a progress thread by SI (In which we can 't reply) on issues that have been identified and on which SI has reached consensus that tweaks were necessary.

If you believe that costs more time on SI's behalf than browsing through many threads and without much organisation reacting to individual posts I think we have a vastly different take on the LEAN principles.

Instead of downright dismissing input one could also actually look at it from a helicopter view to see if there is actually efficiency value in it.

A lot of that is internal information. It's not a dismissal at all, its an answer similar to one you would get from Neil. 

Every bug thread gets logged, it's how they are able to determine when they have enough information, its a system that works very well for them.

We moderators already do dirty work for them in terms of passing on information where we can (as we're subject to NDAs where appropriate), unfortunately when we do try and pass on information, it's seen as dismissing input.

With roughly 5 days to go, it's a case of people being a bit patient for release, as they will be flat out with anything that be done before the release code is packaged

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

With roughly 6 days to go, it's a case of people being a bit patient for release, as they will be flat out with anything that be done before the release code is packaged

Patience might come through more streamlined communication is all I am saying.  Paying betatesters of which many help SI to enhance their release product could receive the mutual benefits of progress updates in 1 central area. 

My primary focus should also be on playing an already very timeconsuming game and SI should and could help me and themselves with progress updates which spares us all a lot of time.

Centralisation and more transparency would do wonders I think. But these forums have not changed in years. A helicopter view on the way information is shared and then making some needed changes would greatly benefit us all.

Thanks though for your reactions, I value them.

On 26/10/2018 at 03:09, Seb Wassell said:

To be fair, Leeds are overrated ;)

image.thumb.png.0952576376404e06988573f309ed3422.png

Back to back CLs in 2022-24;) Can we make it a hatrick?

10 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Patience might come through more streamlined communication is all I am saying.  Paying betatesters of which many help SI to enhance their release product could receive the mutual benefits of progress updates in 1 central area. 

My primary focus should also be on playing an already very timeconsuming game and SI should and could help me and themselves with progress updates which spares us all a lot of time.

Centralisation and more transparency would do wonders I think. But these forums have not changed in years. A helicopter view on the way information is shared and then making some needed changes would greatly benefit us all.

Thanks though for your reactions, I value them.

The public beta is much less about specific areas, and much more about stress testing through sheer number of eyes. You can't really replicate that internally easily. Internal and closed beta testing has a more focused approach.

They can't give too much away in terms of progress updates as that removes flexibility of their own internal updates.

And they more they're in here, the less they're responding internally and in the bugs threads, hence why its usually Neil you see flying from thread to thread. It's a constant balancing act

The easiest way for them in regards to the overall base is for people to keep using the bugs forums

This is not a dig at private beta testers or anyone in general but I'm really worried about the current state of the ME. I didn't post anything after FM18 beta release and I've been playing FM18 non-stop for a year. I've been forced to post in this forum this year to raise my concern at the dysfunctional nature of tactical module of the game. I really don't want to spend my time here, believe me. Just want to play the game.

Edited by pats

1 hour ago, dannyfc said:

Good analysis - I've stopped playing after I cottoned on the game's are simply a case of preventing the cross to nullify the opponent. 

I don't understand how this can be still be the case after 3 years. SI acknowledged it was an issue back in FM 17, but claimed the effectiveness couldn't be nerfed in a patch as it would imbalance the game. 2 years on and we're still at the same point, which suggests there's something underlying that isn't easily solvable.

i also stoped playing football looks too repetative and unbalanced and have returned to playing fm17. 

it's beyond me why does ai play wingers instead of natural IFs on opposite side of their preffered foot for example. issue could easily be fixed if ai wouldn't choose wingers in any attacking minded tactics. when it chooses to play IFs instead of wingers their crossing  is reduced to a couple of attempts.

full-back's crossing issue is more complex since they have so much space especially against teams that play with both wide forwards on attack duty.

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

What an elitest view! I typically have a part-time squad of 20 with 2 keepers.

And I typically have a part time squad of 20 with 3 keepers. If one gets hurt you just don't have a backup? Like I said terrible idea.

Player happiness: I'm getting a player coming to me unhappy nearly every second day all season long:

image.thumb.png.e7fa0198e3c822e130165dc0ee6ff37c.png

@Neil Brock

Sorry to tag mate, I just have a question that doesn't really deserve it's own thread.

A lot of teams use defensive wingers almost as a type of wide box-to-box player or even ball winner. Think Matuidi playing out on the left for France at the world cup or for Juve.

I feel like the defensive winger role shouldn't have locked in PI of run wide with ball, dribble more, or cross more.

I understand some people use them as basically wingers who do more defending, but those people could add the PI themselves.

For people who want to use wide box-to-box players like Matuidi, defensive winger is the only option as the other roles don't do the defending work. I would love to be able to use that role without having Matuidi trying to dribble 4 players and whip in a cross.

4 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

@Neil Brock

Sorry to tag mate, I just have a question that doesn't really deserve it's own thread.

A lot of teams use defensive wingers almost as a type of wide box-to-box player or even ball winner. Think Matuidi playing out on the left for France at the world cup or for Juve.

I feel like the defensive winger role shouldn't have locked in PI of run wide with ball, dribble more, or cross more.

I understand some people use them as basically wingers who do more defending, but those people could add the PI themselves.

For people who want to use wide box-to-box players like Matuidi, defensive winger is the only option as the other roles don't do the defending work. I would love to be able to use that role without having Matuidi trying to dribble 4 players and whip in a cross.

Just spitballing, but would playing a tactic with 3 CMs and no left player, and having the furthest left as a Carrilelo, work in the ME?

8 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

@Neil Brock

Locked player instructions are the worst thing in the game right now. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just spitballing, but would playing a tactic with 3 CMs and no left player, and having the furthest left as a Carrilelo, work in the ME?

Might defend wide, but wouldn't play out wide in attack.

Injury Manager 19

Playing as Liverpool, I dont think I have played with the same 11 twice in a row all season. Salah-Mane-Firmino combo? Yeah right, at least one injured at all times. Ridiculous.

Just now, iolodavanki said:

Injury Manager 19

Playing as Liverpool, I dont think I have played with the same 11 twice in a row all season. Salah-Mane-Firmino combo? Yeah right, at least one injured at all times. Ridiculous.

Match injuries (as mentioned in the latest announcement and the known issues threads) is still an on going known issue and being worked on. I imagine that's a big part of this.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Match injuries (as mentioned in the latest announcement and the known issues threads) is still an on going known issue and being worked on. I imagine that's a big part of this.

Thanks!

Another issue I am encountering is that I use the feature "Continue Game Timeout" set at 5 seconds. Sometimes, the countdown continues regardless if i move or click the mouse. Is it a known bug?

Just now, iolodavanki said:

Another issue I am encountering is that I use the feature "Continue Game Timeout" set at 5 seconds. Sometimes, the countdown continues regardless if i move or click the mouse. Is it a known bug?

Yes.

On 27/10/2018 at 02:25, Seb Wassell said:

You're being unnecessarily tight on condition there. 80%+ is fine. Also, condition does not equal fatigue, you can be in good physical shape short term but be suffering with long term jadedness. If you reckon it's off in your save however, head over to the bugs forum, upload it and we'll take a look :thup:

I'm still in my first season, so I think it was possibly due to the World Cup hangover effect. I'm keeping an eye on it as I go into the next season and will see what happens. I don't like to cry 'bug' every time something happens that I don't like...

1 hour ago, pauly15 said:

Locked player instructions are the worst thing in the game right now. 

100% Agree.

some locked player instructions are wrong, flawed or could be tweaked such as the inability for a ML/MR to "move into channels"

Edited by kingking

1 hour ago, Tom8983 said:

I'm still in my first season, so I think it was possibly due to the World Cup hangover effect. I'm keeping an eye on it as I go into the next season and will see what happens. I don't like to cry 'bug' every time something happens that I don't like...

Davy klaassen is feeling jaded in my save in October. Netherlands didn't even play in the world cup, Bremen is not in Europe and I didn't play him in the cup games.

By deffinition I also don't agree with locked PIs, but at the same time, if you could freely setup every role, I wouldn't give a day intil you would see people complaining that the player doesn't do anything of what he's supposed to in a given role.

1 minute ago, 99 said:

By deffinition I also don't agree with locked PIs, but at the same time, if you could freely setup every role, I wouldn't give a day intil you would see people complaining that the player doesn't do anything of what he's supposed to in a given role.

Just have a red "not recommended" thing pop up like what happens now if a PPM conflicts with an instruction. 

28 minutes ago, kingking said:

Are Regens regenerated or reprogrammed

Regen literally mean regenerated. That's where the name of "regen" came from.