Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Mate you're gonna be devastated when SI confirm on release they've logged and reviewed the injuries in detail following the bug reports and confirmed they are spot on.

The tone, if not outright stated (i cant be bothered to trawl the threads), has very much seemes like acceptance that there is an issue... And working on it. Not that it is 'under review'.

On 25/10/2018 at 09:19, ferrarinseb said:

Can't find how to delete the above quote box on mobile, sorry! 

Regarding fixing issues, it's quite obvious they won't be fixing it, or any of the other bugs until release. I imagine late Thursday. 

30 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

The tone, if not outright stated (i cant be bothered to trawl the threads), has very much seemes like acceptance that there is an issue... And working on it. Not that it is 'under review'.

I dunno, this seems perfectly fine

Bellerin also picked up a week long injury in the match. Auba is out for 7 weeks

Arsenal v Newcastle_ Match Pitch.png

Edited by ajw10

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

I dunno, this seems perfectly fine

Arsenal v Newcastle_ Match Pitch.png

Oh just the 5 in that game... Theyve fixed it! :lol:

The best is when those orange injuries that suggest the player is ok to carry on... Turn out to be a torn hamstring. Even paul ince and terry butcher would call it a day at a torn hammy

32 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

It's not that straightforward. Training injuries are low. You must simply end up seeing a spread 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

It's not that straightforward. Training injuries are low. You must simply end up seeing a spread 

Yes... I dont mind if the number of injuries stay the same, or more (hopefully tracking real life fairly closely)

Match day injuries are far more harmful tho, ending game with 9 men + walking wounded 10 times in a season is hard to manage. Training injuries are a nuiscance but not as likely to cost points. 

This post may contain exaggeration. 

4 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Oh just the 5 in that game... Theyve fixed it! :lol:

The best is when those orange injuries that suggest the player is ok to carry on... Turn out to be a torn hamstring. Even paul ince and terry butcher would call it a day at a torn hammy

Dummett actually picked up some sort of muscular injury

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Which is fine as it won't have a massive impact on matches and I imagine the length of injuries will come down

6 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Yes... I dont mind if the number of injuries stay the same, or more (hopefully tracking real life fairly closely)

Match day injuries are far more harmful tho, ending game with 9 men + walking wounded 10 times in a season is hard to manage. Training injuries are a nuiscance but not as likely to cost points. 

Yeah match injuries are definitely high. But I'd hate to see the overall rate fall. 

1 hour ago, pauly15 said:

They're not if you closely manage rotation, training and rest. But for the casual player... yeah, they are

The lot of these users need to teach the rest of us plebs out there how to do it...

By the way I set the Individual training intensity to Half even when the players are above 90% condition and guess what? Still getting injuries every game.

After watching a fair few hours of youtube videos over the last week, these are my observations: tactics and training look good, but matchday still looks very poor, there are a lot more animations, but I am not convinced the movements look natural.  I have never seen grass that colour in fact the whole colour palette looks "off" kits look less detailed than before and there has been some kit clashes and some kit mistakes, even in the EPL and I have never seen that in any previous release and there appears no weather effects or wear and tear on the pitches.   Some stadiums look better but some are still awful with the cinema doors, out of scale stairways and exits, the picnic tables are still there and of course the ridiculous amount of replica shirts in the crowd, this was aknowledged by Neil last year but still has not been fixed.  I would think that these things would not be that hard to fix compared to something like the ME so please SI fix them for FM20.  Can you turn the crowd off in this version.  Will I buy it?  I very much doubt it, not enough wow factor to make me give up my excellent FM16 save.

5 hours ago, Tom8983 said:

Especially as I won't start any player on less than 90%, preferably 95% I really can't see how any of them could get jaded.

You're being unnecessarily tight on condition there. 80%+ is fine. Also, condition does not equal fatigue, you can be in good physical shape short term but be suffering with long term jadedness. If you reckon it's off in your save however, head over to the bugs forum, upload it and we'll take a look :thup:

3 hours ago, ajw10 said:

But they've already acknowledged the issue and how it only affects certain leagues?

It is not league specific.

What's the deal with players running towards the corner flag and away from the goal just before they cross? You never see it in real life yet its very common this year if you're playing with wingers. Take this for example - 

Edited by 91427

Not sure if this has been asked before but when I click on the globe - world - transfers - youth intake I get this screen.

qdDfbxA.png

Edited by Chris!!

This may well already have been requested, but the full release would benefit greatly from the addition of an icon beside the name of each player which one can hover over with the cursor on the opposition instructions screen to view their attributes, similar to that which features beside each player's name in the squad, scouting, and tactics screens etc.

At the moment you have to leave the opposition instructions screen to view a player's attributes, and then land back on the team talk screen and have to navigate back to the opposition instructions screen from there, all of which is a major inconvenience if you have to do it up to 18 times over while setting opposition instructions.

The ideal scenario would be to be able to see a player's full attributes, preferred moves, and aptitude with their weaker foot by hovering the cursor over the icon, since all of this needs to be taken into account when setting opposition instructions. For example, I'd usually want to instruct my players to try to force opposing full-backs onto their weaker feet to prevent them playing crosses  on their preferred feet/from more favourable positions, but if they happen to be almost as adept with their weaker foot, happen to be 15 out of 20 for long shots, and in the habit of shooting from distance, setting that instruction might be a bad ideal. If I'm able to see all of that information without having to leave the page it'd be a lot more convenient.

Two other things I've noticed:

1.) The player's height is not listed anywhere on the attributes page, which is a bit of an inconvenience.

2.) Anyone else find that players' attribute scores decrease far more easily and more often than they increase? I've noticed this with my Liverpool squad despite having four, four-and-a-half, or five-star ratings in all training categories.

14 minutes ago, Maleven said:

Two other things I've noticed:

1.) The player's height is not listed anywhere on the attributes page, which is a bit of an inconvenience.

2.) Anyone else find that players' attribute scores decrease far more easily and more often than they increase? I've noticed this with my Liverpool squad despite having four, four-and-a-half, or five-star ratings in all training categories.

1 it is under physical attributes

@Seb Wassell I would like to ask about what actually determines Players requirement of Need more Quickness training. Also if they want to do Quickness training why they insist on entire team quickness training instead of asking for additional focus. As setting Additional Focus of Quickness their feed back will be Feels individual training he has is no longer suitable. 

8 hours ago, janesy20 said:

Can someone from SI definitely rule out having the license for the 3. Bundesliga for the full release? I am absolutely devastated that it's not included in this years FM just don't understand how it can be so difficult to acquire a license for a lower league. It is the main save I do every year.

I would rather you hadn't bothered getting the first two divisions license and promoted it like it was some sort of victory because it has ruined it for me.

It was confirmed.

7 hours ago, jimmymcn said:

Can somebody from SI, confirm that crossing is an issue???!!! The silence on this is perplexing, especially since it was the same issue for FM18...

I don't see how this can be fixed for the time of the release, how this is not identified as an major issue is beyond me. 

7 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

I'm scared to death using all my substitutions early as I've had a player permanently injured after the 3rd substitution on multiple occasions.

But I agree that overall injury rate should stay the same, except the match day injuries.

7 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Mate you're gonna be devastated when SI confirm on release they've logged and reviewed the injuries in detail following the bug reports and confirmed they are spot on.

They have already acknowledged there is a bug.  Furthermore, they have acknowledged they have identified the issue within the ME that causes a higher quantity of injuries.  I guess you haven’t been following this thread (not a dig).

Why the big issue over Liga 3 in Germany?  The community will release it within a week of the full release.

Much better to have 1 & 2 under licence.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Regarding the injuries, I haven't seen the amount of injuries people are posting however I have the training all given to assistant manager but every player is on double intensity as thier intensity level, could this have anything to do with all the injuries people are seeing? Just a thought.

3 hours ago, Maleven said:

This may well already have been requested, but the full release would benefit greatly from the addition of an icon beside the name of each player which one can hover over with the cursor on the opposition instructions screen to view their attributes, similar to that which features beside each player's name in the squad, scouting, and tactics screens etc.

At the moment you have to leave the opposition instructions screen to view a player's attributes, and then land back on the team talk screen and have to navigate back to the opposition instructions screen from there, all of which is a major inconvenience if you have to do it up to 18 times over while setting opposition instructions.

The ideal scenario would be to be able to see a player's full attributes, preferred moves, and aptitude with their weaker foot by hovering the cursor over the icon, since all of this needs to be taken into account when setting opposition instructions. For example, I'd usually want to instruct my players to try to force opposing full-backs onto their weaker feet to prevent them playing crosses  on their preferred feet/from more favourable positions, but if they happen to be almost as adept with their weaker foot, happen to be 15 out of 20 for long shots, and in the habit of shooting from distance, setting that instruction might be a bad ideal. If I'm able to see all of that information without having to leave the page it'd be a lot more convenient.

I've also raised this. Someone else also pointed out that this was addressed and corrected last year following the BETA. Utterly baffled the icons are absent once again.

Edited by rdbayly

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Why the big issue over Liga 3 in Germany?  The community will release it within a week of the full release.

Much better to have 1 & 2 under licence.

Whilst I myself live in that forum, and any poster complaining here can find it easily enough, there may be plenty of FMers who enjoy starting there who don't frequent these forums. Maybe they'll be smart enough to download it via Steam.

Tell me how is this possible? My seasons is over because of this schedule. 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Whilst I myself live in that forum, and any poster complaining here can find it easily enough, there may be plenty of FMers who enjoy starting there who don't frequent these forums. Maybe they'll be smart enough to download it via Steam.

I never mentioned any forum.  I said the community.  I usually use the Workshop.

I think the pass maps need a tweak. It's very hard to understand what's happening there

Screenshot_2.jpg

lack of key pass , no one more than 2 key pass per game.... OMG

They are running in full match engine.

image.thumb.png.a42365f7b1ae22394835087fdbc0f877.png

image.thumb.png.b90537c6224bbde066ded3f702134f7d.png

image.thumb.png.c2b8ac0665811343a334938220894da7.png

6 hours ago, 91427 said:

What's the deal with players running towards the corner flag and away from the goal just before they cross? You never see it in real life yet its very common this year if you're playing with wingers. Take this for example - 

I have already stated this in the bugs forum (too much crossing) : there is a clear issue with players using their wrong foot way too often and easily. Inside forwards mostly dribbling to the byline and then crossing quite good with their wrong foot.

Example above is the same.  Why on earth is Frenkie dribbling towards the corner and gives a cross with his left foot ? He is a right footed player and has all the time in the world to seek his right foot.

Unfortunately hardly anyone seems to notice all the wrong footed passes and choices. I am quite positive that inside forwards would perform more like they should if SI would let players choose their dominant preferred more logically. And then we would also see more inswinging crosses and dat post curled shots.

I believe this ME has certain obvious huge flaws (passive set piece defending, lack of central play, overpowered wing play as a side effect) that take away the added value of curled balls, better pressing, great realistic build up play .

I do believe SI will finetune the ME come next february as usual. But how nice it would be for SI to start all over with all the coding knowledge brought to live in a better useable and tweakable ME.

Edited by Mensell76

Thanks for the option to auto size columns in the squad views. How about a preferences option to automatically auto size all squad views? It's a bit foolish that I'd need to customize every squad view for this.  Without auto sizing columns all player names are far left and other data far to the right on my wide screen LCD. 

many of IFs are being played as wingers by AI, on the opposite side of their preffered foot. so it's normal for them to follow the instructions and dribble byline.  my IFs in most cases cut inside. i agree it's a huge issue and not particullary hard to fix i guess.

7 minutes ago, Mitja said:

many of IFs are being played as wingers by AI, on the opposite side of their preffered foot. so it's normal for them to follow the instructions and dribble byline.  my IFs in most cases cut inside. i agree it's a huge issue and not particullary hard to fix i guess.

I have played with Liverpool and my Inside Forward will only cut more inside on support duty , on attack duty they act like wingers.

My compliments to SI for the work on the Dark skin though. After reading many positive remarks on it, I also changed the skin to Dark instead of purple. 

What a difference a skin makes, the Dark skin is more natural to my eyes and for some reason makes me feel more immersed into the game. With the Dark skin FM just has a more professional feel.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mensell76:

Unfortunately hardly anyone seems to notice all the wrong footed passes and choices. 

I dont know if that is in the capability of the ME + the 3D Engine to show that off...i simply thought myself it is a Grafical Engine issue more than a ME issue and never bothered with it anymore...

The press question about whether you want to sign a loan player permanently is all well and good, but should probably be blocked for players you have sold to higher league clubs with a loan back clause only weeks previously. It isn't turned off for that at present.

34 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

I dont know if that is in the capability of the ME + the 3D Engine to show that off...i simply thought myself it is a Grafical Engine issue more than a ME issue and never bothered with it anymore...

The ME is very capable of showing the preferred foot. The wingbacks hardly every cross with their wrong foot. Passing in the midfield in the back or midfield generally also happens with the right foot. It is mainly in the final third where a huge amount of wrong footed passes or finishes occur, usually against the natural behaviour of the players. 

Edited by Mensell76

Just now, jdubsnz said:

Thank you HUNT3R. Just realised I didn’t specify if beta was available to play on an iPad - can’t find it on the App Store (apologies if I am being really thick)

It isn't for tablets, no.

Are free kicks overpowered? I've just had Mata score a hat-trick of free kicks in the 1st half of a match v Fulham.In FM 18 I was lucky to score 3 free kicks in a season.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mensell76:

The ME is very capable of showing the preferred foot. The wingbacks hardly every cross with their wrong foot. Passing in the midfield in the back or midfield generally also happens with the right foot. It is mainly in the final third where a huge amount of wrong footed passes or finishes occur, usually against the natural behaviour of the players. 

If so the 3D Match Shows me a significant amount of "Weak Foot Action" though i dont care what feet my Players use as long it they use them for/with success...

Just now, Etebaer said:

If so the 3D Match Shows me a significant amount of "Weak Foot Action" though i dont care what feet my Players use as long it they use them for/with success...

That is a pragmatic approach :D I do care because I rarely see Salah cut inside to shoot a nice curler with his left foot. He opts to shoot or pass with his right foot too much. Same goes for Mane, or Lozano etc.

Am I right in thinking this mentoring thing has replaced the tutoring? Bit annoying that you have to have at least 3 players involved and you can't mix youth and first team players unless they're in the same squad. I want my older keeper to take my younger keeper under his wing but I have to add a third keeper into the squad in order for that to happen.