Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Vicz said:

Why can't it happen? If the single game mode is as dominate as you suggest why can't they just release that on it's own? There is a shade of dishonesty in releasing a game mode you know has a known bug that renders it unplayable.

You're acting like I'm being self-centered but I'd 100% flip that on you. The bug I am talking about literally renders the game mode useless. It's not a minor bug. You're essentially saying since not many people play that mode (including yourself I imagine) I shouldn't moan about it? Or be flabbergasted that it has been an issue for the last 3 releases? 

Disclaimer to all I've said: I understand this is a beta and that finding bugs is what this is all about. It's still alarming that a beta is needed to catch a bug as well known as this one.

Because it's very, very unlikely that they would fragment the code base like that.  Two different applications to support.  Can you not see why that wouldn't be something they'd want to do?

And I never said how you should react in any way.  I even said I understand where you're coming from, and how nothing I said would be much solace.  But you specifically said you couldn't understand why it was still an  issue, so I gave you reasons why it might be.  That's it.

And no, I have no interest in the mode.  Anyone who shares that opinion and doesn't play it, then it doesn't render anything useless.  

Overall I like the improvements.  However, I am really disappointed in the mentoring system so far.  That is an aspect of the game I rely on a lot, and the new system *almost* seems good.  However, the relative influence given to absolutely zero reputation, newgen kids amongst their mentoring circle is a little absurd and essentially breaks the feature, IMO.

See my post here on a suggested fix:

Cheers

I can make a board request to go full-time. My board have been rejecting it, fair enough.

I've just been offered a job elsewhere, and the board have come to me letting me make requests to try and get me to stay. Go full-time isn't there, and from what I can see is one of the few absentees.

Is this a) correct b) intentional?

They might still reject it anytway, but I would quite like to leverage. No idea if it would even be a good idea mind.

Edited by Per Annum

Just now, Per Annum said:

I can make a board request to go full-time. My board have been rejecting it, fair enough.

I've just been offered a job elsewhere, and the board have come to me letting me make requests to try and get me to stay. Go full-time isn't there, and from what I can see is one of the few absentees.

Is this a) correct b) intentional?

They might still reject it anytway, but I would quite like to leverage. No idea if it would even be a good idea mind.

Might be gone if you've requested it recently? Makes sense to have it there again though, I think.

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, rc1269 said:

Overall I like the improvements.  However, I am really disappointed in the mentoring system so far.  That is an aspect of the game I rely on a lot, and the new system *almost* seems good.  However, the relative influence given to absolutely zero reputation, newgen kids amongst their mentoring circle is a little absurd and essentially breaks the feature, IMO.

See my post here on a suggested fix:

Cheers

It doesn't quite work like that. Dynamics is an essential part of mentoring, but we don't want it to be exploitable in the way you describe, that was one of the flaws with the old tutoring system.

41 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Because it's very, very unlikely that they would fragment the code base like that.  Two different applications to support.  Can you not see why that wouldn't be something they'd want to do?

And I never said how you should react in any way.  I even said I understand where you're coming from, and how nothing I said would be much solace.  But you specifically said you couldn't understand why it was still an  issue, so I gave you reasons why it might be.  That's it.

And no, I have no interest in the mode.  Anyone who shares that opinion and doesn't play it, then it doesn't render anything useless.  

1st paragraph - I don't get what you’re saying here. In it’s simplest form, all you’d have to do is disable the online career mode option on the start screen, then release a patch where the option was enabled when that part of the game was ready. You will not be able to convince me that that is a difficult thing to do.

2nd paragraph - Fair. No disrespect but I could have come up with “it’s low priority so they don’t care” myself.

3rd paragraph - I don’t know what you’re saying no to but please note the difference between game and game mode. I said it renders that game mode useless. Obviously if you don’t touch that game mode then then it’s a moot point.

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

It doesn't quite work like that. Dynamics is an essential part of mentoring, but we don't want it to be exploitable in the way you describe, that was one of the flaws with the old tutoring system.

I don't understand how this is an 'exploit.'  Is it unrealistic IRL that a recently signed senior player on a club could mentor a youth player?  Based on the new system, only recently signed world class players can have any meaningful influence on a 16yo (I have now tested this a few diff times on diff teams/leagues).  So, you think that sounds realistic and appropriate?

Perhaps the solution could be as simple as further dividing the "other player" hierarchy category based upon squad and squad status?  I can't be the only one who finds it just a tad silly that an "other player" who is a First team player on the Senior squad is just the same on the hierarchy as an "other player" who is a 16yo hot prospect on the U-19 squad.

More broadly, choosing the right personality for your squad, and tailoring new signings based on personality traits, are all realistic and common aspects of managing a real life club.  Talented players who are obnoxious or controversial get overlooked for transfers in real life all the time.  Suggesting that trying to reshape the personalities within my squad to those of more professional, less controversial and all-around more consistent individuals is somehow an "exploit" is downright absurd.  Managing and creating a desired team personality is just as much part of being a successful real world manager as tactics, training or anything else.  

I'm not trying to recommend a move back to the old tutoring system where you could have a youth player end up with perfectly mirrored personality traits from the tutor.  However, your 'fix' introduced new but equally unrealistic aspects.  I'm merely suggesting a further tweak that could bring the new system even closer to reality, as I feel like it has great potential.  But SI's stance on this is apparently a preference to do away with one point of unrealism merely to switch it for another.  As I've made clear, this particular aspect of the new system is certainly not grounded in reality, that is for certain.  If that is the new goal of the franchise then that's fine, but that was not my understanding of how this game was intended to evolve.  

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, rc1269 said:

I don't understand how this is an 'exploit.'  Is it unrealistic IRL that a recently signed senior player on a club could mentor a youth player?  Based on the new system, only recently signed world class players can have any meaningful influence on a 16yo (I have now tested this a few diff times on diff teams/leagues).  So, you think that sounds realistic and appropriate?

Average does not mean unmeaningful.

If you have an issue with how Dynamics is working it would be worth raising that in the appropriate place :thup:

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Average does not mean unmeaningful.

If you have an issue with how Dynamics is working it would be worth raising that in the appropriate place :thup:

I thought I did.  Nobody replied...

Oh well.  I can see SI does not share my view on how (unnecessarily) broken this aspect is.  So I'll leave it be

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, rc1269 said:

I thought I did.  Nobody replied...

Oh well.  I can see SI does not share my view on how (unnecessarily) broken this aspect is.  So I'll leave it be

If you're referring to here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/451909-mentoring-is-good-but-needs-one-key-fix/ - I replied :)

Issues with Dynamics however need to be posted in the Dynamics section please.

Yes, I was referring to that post.  Which had received no reply prior to my posting here.  But thanks

Mentoring is part of Training in the game, so that's where I posted it.  And I've seen at least one other mentoring related post in the Dynamics forum get moved to the Training forum...

>>Issues with Dynamics however need to be posted in the Dynamics section please.

But starting to wonder why bother?  It's clear that, so close to release, SI have already made firm determinations about broader game dynamics and aren't legitimately looking for constructive feedback on bigger issues.  That can be my only logical conclusion from a dismissal of what, as far as I can tell, is a perfectly reasonable and realistic suggestion.  

"Average does not mean unmeaningful"?  C'mon.  The issue at hand is that his influence is the same as that of a 16yo on the rest of the cohort, that's it.  However you want to slice or dice that, it's unrealistic.  Hearing an attempt to argue that actually makes some kind of sense, sort of feels like listening to a Trump press conference; leaves me scratching my head, shrugging my shoulders and saying, "wait.. he couldn't possibly believe that, can he?  ugh.  oh well."  

Edited by rc1269

This has most likely been mentioned already, but is anyone else having problems with players being constantly fatigued? I understand players can become jaded after playing a large amount of matches in a short space of time but this is ridiculous 3-4 matches into the season i had a bunch of players jaded in need of a rest. its almost impossible to play a starting lineup in a mid week game and then again on the weekend the recovery time between matches is way off.  

6 minutes ago, rc1269 said:

Yes, I was referring to that post.  Which had received no reply prior to my posting here.  But thanks

Mentoring is part of Training in the game, so that's where I posted it.  And I've seen at least one other mentoring related post in the Dynamics forum get moved to the Training forum...

553793791_whichforum.thumb.jpg.1cbac3ddeae6f6dc750d5c502b554659.jpg

>>Issues with Dynamics however need to be posted in the Dynamics section please.

But starting to wonder why bother?  It's clear that, so close to release, SI have already made firm determinations about broader game dynamics and aren't legitimately looking for constructive feedback on bigger issues.  That can be my only logical conclusion from a dismissal of what, as far as I can tell, is a perfectly reasonable and realistic suggestion.  

"Average does not mean unmeaningful"?  C'mon.  The issue at hand is that his influence is the same as that of a 16yo on the rest of the cohort, that's it.  However you want to slice or dice that, it's unrealistic.  Hearing an attempt to argue that actually makes some kind of sense, sort of feels like listening to a Trump press conference; leaves me scratching my head, shrugging my shoulders and saying, "wait.. he couldn'it possibly believe that, can he?  ugh.  oh well."  

just like in the real world it takes time when entering a new environment, team so I wouldn't expect a new signing no matter how old to have an an influence on the squad when they've only been there not long, there may be something to bring up maybe they should gain it faster depending on there personality, but I think its correct that they shouldn't have much influence when they've just signed. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/4vb8EYw

don't have players aniwhere. 

There was someone like this who was not familiar with the players in the squad, before the game, nowhere else in the team that I go to see because I can not see the players altogether.
She deleted the game, reintroduced her, updated the last but still the same thing

Edited by DinoCR7

1 hour ago, Vicz said:

1st paragraph - I don't get what you’re saying here. In it’s simplest form, all you’d have to do is disable the online career mode option on the start screen, then release a patch where the option was enabled when that part of the game was ready. You will not be able to convince me that that is a difficult thing to do.

2nd paragraph - Fair. No disrespect but I could have come up with “it’s low priority so they don’t care” myself.

3rd paragraph - I don’t know what you’re saying no to but please note the difference between game and game mode. I said it renders that game mode useless. Obviously if you don’t touch that game mode then then it’s a moot point.

So we've established that it's likely low priority.  Good.  So they release the full game and grey out online mode.  When do they start to work on the reason why it's greyed out?  It's not as if on release they sit there for 6 months and twiddle their thumbs.  Are the bugs that weren't as important as others in development now suddenly far more important than the inevitable bugs that come up in the core game-mode?

Look, I get that you think the network play is important, and I completely understand why having a problem in the mode you enjoy most is incredibly frustrating (believe me, I have to deal with said frustration as a job every single day) but they do log every bug that is raised (as long as it's raised with enough to actually go on I'd imagine), so if this has been consistently raised and consistently not fixed, then it's clearly well down the pecking order in terms of priority, and I doubt anything would change that.  If you were to not release it until every bug was fixed, or even just the "major" ones (which don't seem to be affecting everyone given there are people having successful network games (of course, again, no solace to those struggling)) then they may as well just sack off the network component altogether.  Which I'd imagine wouldn't be popular.

I only have 3 Season matches and about 5 Friendly's worth of evidence on one save, BUT gegenpressing seems OP. I am playing with FC United of Manchester and am undefeated so far...….with only 5 weeks of training and matches. 

1 minute ago, michelb86 said:

How do I change team fluidity of a tactic with the new tactic tool? I want to play fluid but in my preset tactic it is set as structured. I don't see an option to change it.

You cant. It has been changed. It's based on your tactic and role and etc. 

1 hour ago, pauly15 said:

Anyone seeing GKs walk out of the box with the ball a bit too often? Happening to my keeper and opponents once every 10-15 matches approx...

This is a known bug, should be fixed before official release come out. :)

Can someone from SI definitely rule out having the license for the 3. Bundesliga for the full release? I am absolutely devastated that it's not included in this years FM just don't understand how it can be so difficult to acquire a license for a lower league. It is the main save I do every year.

I would rather you hadn't bothered getting the first two divisions license and promoted it like it was some sort of victory because it has ruined it for me.

7 minutes ago, janesy20 said:

Can someone from SI definitely rule out having the license for the 3. Bundesliga for the full release? I am absolutely devastated that it's not included in this years FM just don't understand how it can be so difficult to acquire a license for a lower league. It is the main save I do every year.

I would rather you hadn't bothered getting the first two divisions license and promoted it like it was some sort of victory because it has ruined it for me.

lol! 

22 hours ago, akkm said:

I hear you on the proving a negative thing

However, whoscored has an actual definition of how they define a cross.

I've just checked their crosses per game for this season against premierleague.com website and by team they correspond with every team bar everton and brighton which are just out by 1 each. So 18 of the 20 teams it is precisely the same crosses/game for whoscored and the premierleague.com website

Doesn't matter. What matters is the difference between how whoscored define a cross and how FM defines a cross. If it's the same definition then perhaps there's an issue if the average stats of all teams on FM vary massively from the average of all teams IRL. If it's not the same definition, then the whole argument is pointless as it's impossible to prove either way.

22 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

There is definitely something iffy with player conditioning.

I've just had a player not play for 2 weeks due to the international break ( not an international ) get 30 minutes as a sub ( was 100/100) and got a jaded warning the next inbox cycle.

Yea, another one here. Not only am I getting Henderson jaded and in need of a rest after the first game immediately after a rest, I'm also getting warnings about him being unhappy about the amount of first team football he's getting when I've sent him on a weeks holiday at the recommendation of my physio. It's getting very annoying. Especially as I won't start any player on less than 90%, preferably 95% I really can't see how any of them could get jaded.

9 minutes ago, janesy20 said:

To be fair, getting German license is a huge win win. I am not sure why they dont include the third league for licensing but I would imagine that could be in the card next year. But personally I do think that including 2 league of german fo license is a big win for SI. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb janesy20:

You will find a solution soon after the release of the game in the editor forum.

Can somebody from SI, confirm that crossing is an issue???!!! The silence on this is perplexing, especially since it was the same issue for FM18...

I don't see how this can be fixed for the time of the release, how this is not identified as an major issue is beyond me. 

Edited by jimmymcn
spelling

10 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

They're not if you closely manage rotation, training and rest. But for the casual player... yeah, they are

Whats rest and training got tobdo with it... The bug is too many match day injuries.... 

Its like saying you wont get run over by a car if you do press ups before bed and eat your fruit and veg. 

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I only have 3 Season matches and about 5 Friendly's worth of evidence on one save, BUT gegenpressing seems OP. I am playing with FC United of Manchester and am undefeated so far...….with only 5 weeks of training and matches. 

I thought the same managing Hajduk Split in Croatia. By Oct/Nov it started to unravel. :)

10 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Whats rest and training got tobdo with it... The bug is too many match day injuries.... 

Its like saying you wont get run over by a car if you do press ups before bed and eat your fruit and veg. 

Mate you're gonna be devastated when SI confirm on release they've logged and reviewed the injuries in detail following the bug reports and confirmed they are spot on.

11 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Mate you're gonna be devastated when SI confirm on release they've logged and reviewed the injuries in detail following the bug reports and confirmed they are spot on.

But they've already acknowledged the issue and how it only affects certain leagues?

9 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

The tone, if not outright stated (i cant be bothered to trawl the threads), has very much seemes like acceptance that there is an issue... And working on it. Not that it is 'under review'.

30 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

The tone, if not outright stated (i cant be bothered to trawl the threads), has very much seemes like acceptance that there is an issue... And working on it. Not that it is 'under review'.

I dunno, this seems perfectly fine

Bellerin also picked up a week long injury in the match. Auba is out for 7 weeks

Arsenal v Newcastle_ Match Pitch.png

Edited by ajw10

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

I dunno, this seems perfectly fine

Arsenal v Newcastle_ Match Pitch.png

Oh just the 5 in that game... Theyve fixed it! :lol:

The best is when those orange injuries that suggest the player is ok to carry on... Turn out to be a torn hamstring. Even paul ince and terry butcher would call it a day at a torn hammy

32 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

It's not that straightforward. Training injuries are low. You must simply end up seeing a spread 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

It's not that straightforward. Training injuries are low. You must simply end up seeing a spread 

Yes... I dont mind if the number of injuries stay the same, or more (hopefully tracking real life fairly closely)

Match day injuries are far more harmful tho, ending game with 9 men + walking wounded 10 times in a season is hard to manage. Training injuries are a nuiscance but not as likely to cost points. 

This post may contain exaggeration.