Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, kertiek said:

based on condition is not enough ... for that reason i had the example of my injured player, he was 99/60 fitness/match condition, my phisio recomended he trained half intensity even with 99 fitness condition, and since the injury he has his recurrent ... this is the scenario where the "train with half intensity for X days" would be really usefull.

To gain Match Sharpness (/Match Condition) you need to play matches. A very few training sessions also give it a boost.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

To gain Match Sharpness (/Match Condition) you need to play matches. A very few training sessions also give it a boost.

i know that, but the injuries in training also happen ... and if my player is training with only half intensity for X days ... it would be a lot more realistic to what happens in real life,  players slowly start to going up with the intensity in training after an injury and we should be able to do this a litle more easly,  am just pointing this out because i noticed that to avoid a lot of recurring injuries you have to be carefull with the intensity for a while after a player recovers, specially with glass players like welbeck and ramsey.... so i guess i want to be able to do all this a little more easy, just like i can do a X days rest.

if i have a player with low condition and low match fitness... i better give him a rest for X days ... can i do that in the game ? ... yes ... ok no problem.

if i have a player with good condition but low match fitness... i better give him a half intensity training for X days until the next game .... can i do that in the game ? ... no.

if i have a player with good condition and good match fitness... ill leave him on "automatic" so the intensity is based on condition. ... can i do that in the game? yes.

this .

Agents are stupid. I don't think this is a bug, just one of those things.

Just offered a new contract to Baines basically just wanted to add an extra year and was happy for it to begin at end of season as involved a play cut for the player agent insisted it start immediately and so cost Bainsey £7k a week:applause:

Very nice so far, mostly. Certainly feels far better than last year. My keeper just got a card for handling outside the box which I don't think I ever saw in 18. Players seems particularly whiny about not playing but that's maybe just me and my management. 

And free kicks are back too! 

Edited by Egan

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

They have all the same tools at their disposal in terms of in-game tactics that the human user has. 

In FM18 the AI had access to stuff that seems impossible to do as a player, like changing set piece position of players during the set piece (resulting in fx. one player running home while another run to midfield while the set piece is being executed)

In FM19 they seems to have access to shouting in a way a human can't replicate because of our limitations. Though since it's a dumb computer, it might not matter and it ends up doing a mix of good and bad shouts, so in the end it might just be flavor more than having true game play effect.

Tactically the AI seems to have limited choices, you will never see a setup with an asymetric AMC in AMCL/AMCR and it generally seems to me that a lot of non-standard tactics exploits weaknesses in the ME, but the AI has no access to it and is  at a disadvantage.

52 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

High tempo + high pressing will certainly lead to much quicker condition deterioration and increased fatigue.

Yeah I understand this , I'm noticing it because it seems to be more prevalent than usual. 

I've a CM with 19/19 for stamina and natural fitness who has had to be rested twice 12 games into the season due to jadedness ( no WC ) 

The match condition thing seemed notable because condition seems to be dipping well into the low 60's with players who start 90+ and it coupled with the match injury frequency it seemed odd. I've 29 entries in my first team injury history by the 17th of September ( it says 80 total expected).

Edit - AM is handling training and I do rotate to try to preserve fitness.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

I feel like scoring as in chance conversion ratio has been nerfed to the ground in this ME version.

First EPL season: Arsenal 77 goals, Chelsea 67,  Liverpool 66, City 64, United 63 (winner), Tottenham 62.

La liga: Atletico 83 (winner), Barcelona 80, Real 77

Same goes for other leagues, like 20-25% less goals for top teams than in real life.
I won the Serie A with 68 scored, which is very low.

From what I've noticed looking at the results and experienced in my games, it's the big vs small teams games that are the problem.
In nearly every game I played against a lower-table team my attackers would waste 5-10 good chances. World class strikers. Same happens to other AI top teams.
But in games with evenly matched teams, there would be no such issues in most games. Much more goals and much better conversion ratio.

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

*sighs*

Yes, I'm well aware of that. It's clearly not affecting everyone though. 

But it clearly is affecting some people. I'm not sure what you're trying to gain here by going around challenging the legitimacy of everyone who talks about a bug which has been acknowledged by SI.

9 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

But it clearly is affecting some people. I'm not sure what you're trying to gain here by going around challenging the legitimacy of everyone who talks about a bug which has been acknowledged by SI.

Not allowed to talk about it anymore, sorry. 

2 hours ago, AEJ said:

Yeah. The missing brazilian transfer window requires a new save. And it will be fixed only in the final release

For us who play in brazil, we will have to wait for the final release to play the game. 

Last year we had a game breaking bug as well. (Libertadores Winner did not play the club world Cup)

Lesson learned. Do not buy the beta ever again. Just wait for the final release

What a bizarre post. You are allowed to play in other leagues besides Brazil, and even if you choose not to play the game until release you haven't lost anything by buying it early - in fact you've saved 10%.

You don't buy a beta, you buy the game (just like you would November 2nd) and get beta access for free.

Not sure what you think you're owed here.

888407040_rashfordpen.thumb.gif.1234f732d78513074c3c76a16c4c930c.gif

Should this be a red card, according to the rules? Kompany takes down Rashford from behind when he's about to bang in the rebound. 

I was foaming at the mouth when similar happened in the world cup and there was no red, so maybe this counts as the double jeopardy nonsense? But there was not even a yellow. Bug? Dave? 

3 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

dribbling no of course not. cones down and you learn to dribble. training tackling is not just about getting on a pitch which you can do as you have coaches but its about hours of videos and analysing top defenders. its about watching the game and watching how others utilise this part of the game so there is loads you can do to train tackling.

how do you train vision? i would have thought that is one you cannot train. its more like a natural ability. 

Tackling is a technical attribute. It's the skill of physically moving your leg into the ball to win it.  You cannot train a technical attribute by watching video.

You can train mental attributes by watching video. Things like angles and body position, those would be attributes like Anticipation, Positioning, Decisions. Not Tackling.

24 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Should this be a red card, according to the rules? Kompany takes down Rashford from behind when he's about to bang in the rebound. 

I was foaming at the mouth when similar happened in the world cup and there was no red, so maybe this counts as the double jeopardy nonsense? But there was not even a yellow. Bug? Dave? 

The rule should be if Kompany tried to get the ball, then a yellow and a pen should be given if he denies a goal chance because of the double jeopardy.

Two isses at the moment which I'm not sure is just me doing something wrong:

1. Started a new game as Arsenal, tried a few times but in no start do I have any friendlies scheduled during the training camp? It's blank. I haven'd cancelled any and if I try to invite local teams myself then I'm told they're too far away and won't travel to a friendly like that?

2. My tactics are not saving properly. A few have and they are around 43/44kb. Mostly though (100% of the time if I save a tactic during a match) it saves in my tactics folder without a .fmf extension and is always only 40kb. If i try to add the .fmf extension myself, FM19 can see it in the file list but can't load it (wondering if this could be a symptom of me running the game on SSD and my documents folder being on HDD)

Edited by scrumpylungs

25 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

If he's made a genuine challenge to win the ball in the eyes of the ref, but still committed a foul, then it's a penalty but no red card. 

1 hora atrás, RocheBag disse:

What a bizarre post. You are allowed to play in other leagues besides Brazil, and even if you choose not to play the game until release you haven't lost anything by buying it early - in fact you've saved 10%.

You don't buy a beta, you buy the game (just like you would November 2nd) and get beta access for free.

Not sure what you think you're owed here.

I am Brazilian and I cannot start a save anywhere knowing that in my country there is a huge mistake regarding such a crucial part of the game. My brain doesnt allow me to have fun knowing that

Last year it was the same thing

So I will not start a save anymore in beta state from now on.

I may buy future beta for the discount, but wont play until the final release

As simple as that.

Edited by AEJ

15 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

So its a bug because no yellow was given? 

I believe it would be a yellow if it was a yellow card offence (reckless challenge). If the ref deems it a Careless Challenge then no card, just DFK anywhere else on the pitch or in this a case a PK.

24 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

So its a bug because no yellow was given? 

It would only be a yellow card if the ref deems it to be a yellow card offence, doesn't matter where on the pitch. So I wouldn't say it's a bug, I've seen countless occasions where no card has been given in that scenario. 

Hope this helps

Dagenham_Dave, bug killer. 

Apologies if this has already been raised / mentioned as an issue, but I seriously doubt my entire squad should be 100% Match Sharp. Some of them have barely featured this season:

image.thumb.png.28698e95e9411b87845c7c640b16f0ec.png

Edited by rdbayly

Wow, Final of Carabao Cup and once again we have loads of time added on ,5 minutes.Alexis Sanchez then ruptures his cruciate ligament at 96:18 and is out for 7-8 months but I guess on the plus side Anthony Martial is only 4 weeks away from returning to action after almost recovering from his very own cruciate ligament injury.

Christ I sound like a 10 year old,let's hope this is all ironed out for release date.

5 hours ago, AEJ said:

They said the bug has already been fixed for the final release. But they do not know if I will have to restart when the game is fully out

Is there a way to know if I will have to restart? Please :(

Any major changes to competitions would normally need a new save to take effect- if in doubt, I would always suggest waiting for your career save.

51 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Apologies if this has already been raised / mentioned as an issue, but I seriously doubt my entire squad should be 100% Match Sharp. Some of them have barely featured this season:

image.thumb.png.28698e95e9411b87845c7c640b16f0ec.png

Yeh i showed a screen shot earlier all at 100% so did dave. But he pays really close attention to that side of the game (despite delegating to ast man)... Just put it down to great management and delegation skills

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Kompany taking out Rashford seems fine to me 😎

56 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Yeh i showed a screen shot earlier all at 100% so did dave. But he pays really close attention to that side of the game (despite delegating to ast man)... Just put it down to great management and delegation skills

The match sharpness thing is a known issue, I've known this for a while. Unfortunately it would take too much effort to tippex that out of the fitness columns for your benefit. 

I talked it up the "injuries haven't effected me" comment further up, gone on a nightmare run of injuries since then, and within 4 games went from bottom to top of the injury chart.  Currenlty have Mane, Markovic, Chamberlain (although shouldn't count him really), Firmino, Salah, Shaqiri, Van Dyke, Keita, Llallana all out injured.   Although I believe SI have acknowledged this as an issue further up.   Might just lower my tempo for a few games to see if this makes thing slightly better without ruining my tactics,

I've noticed in several of the pre-set styles that the CBs can now be made to split when playing out from the GK. A really cool feature that I'm glad has been incorporated into the ME!

The thing i'm uncertain on is what instruction, or combination of instructions, actually causes this behaviour to occur?

I've currently setup a new tactic that uses distribute to CBs and take short kicks but when playing out from the GK (SK wit Support) the CBs (a BPD,CB pair) aren't splitting like I had hoped. They are staying narrow to recieve the ball like they always have in previous versions...  So i'm pretty confused as to how to go about getting this new ME behaviour to happen when using a custom tactic.

Anyone got any ideas?

20 minutes ago, IMT said:

I talked it up the "injuries haven't effected me" comment further up, gone on a nightmare run of injuries since then, and within 4 games went from bottom to top of the injury chart.  Currenlty have Mane, Markovic, Chamberlain (although shouldn't count him really), Firmino, Salah, Shaqiri, Van Dyke, Keita, Llallana all out injured.   Although I believe SI have acknowledged this as an issue further up.   Might just lower my tempo for a few games to see if this makes thing slightly better without ruining my tactics,

Add Milner (training), and Lovren and Matip to that on international duty, think I may give up until the official release :D

Just now, IMT said:

Add Milner (training), and Lovren and Matip to that on international duty, think I may give up until the official release :D

12-13 injured players, not bad, but you can do better and reach me at 16.

of course don’t forget to jade all the remaining players, once done, wellcome to the club !!!

2 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

12-13 injured players, not bad, but you can do better and reach me at 16.

of course don’t forget to jade all the remaining players, once done, wellcome to the club !!!

Of course, all my remaining players are knackered, makes it a challenge I suppose, Liverpool is proving a tad easy.  At least I have my keepers.........I've talked that one up haven't I? :D 

Another manager of a Premier League team who (probably) plays a high intensity brand of football, and another injury crisis. 

It's almost as if you don't need to work as a developer of the game to work out where the issue they've discovered has arisen from. 

19 minutes ago, tkg said:

I've noticed in several of the pre-set styles that the CBs can now be made to split when playing out from the GK. A really cool feature that I'm glad has been incorporated into the ME!

The thing i'm uncertain on is what instruction, or combination of instructions, actually causes this behaviour to occur?

I've currently setup a new tactic that uses distribute to CBs and take short kicks but when playing out from the GK (SK wit Support) the CBs (a BPD,CB pair) aren't splitting like I had hoped. They are staying narrow to recieve the ball like they always have in previous versions...  So i'm pretty confused as to how to go about getting this new ME behaviour to happen when using a custom tactic.

Anyone got any ideas?

I think I remember reading someone said it's a response to the opposition pressing high as opposed to a tactic on our part.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Another manager of a Premier League team who (probably) plays a high intensity brand of football, and another injury crisis. 

It's almost as if you don't need to work as a developer of the game to work out where the issue they've discovered has arisen from. 

A) They've already acknowledged it's an issue

B) I have already acknowledged my chosem style isn't helping (although I don't see Liverpool with 13 1st team players out injured playing such a style IRL)

C) I wasn't moaning, just commenting

Not sure you need to be a developer to have noted all that either......