Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Potentially have a big but unsure if it's a mistake or not. 

Ass Man comes back to me to tell me a player I loaned out isn't being played in the position agreed on the loan offer (GK) and instead being played as a CM. 

Sounds weird anyway but the player is actually a CM :D Can't check now but I may have made a mistake and asked him to be played as a GK. Will check in a minute and report back if that is indeed the case.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm not having anywhere near those injuries. Though without knowing the tactic and intensity people are playing and the pre-season preparation, hard to gauge whether this is an issue. Not  a show stopper for me currently. 

SI are saying that injuries are not a problem. so maybe try looking at the overall training levels for each individual as well as the medical centres advice?  Presumably you take all aspects of the training or have you left it or some to your assman? More information would be good  to see if there are any aspects that may standout as issues. if you have done all the above, apologies for stating the obvious!

Does not look good. How long are the injuries or are they a mixed bag.

Edited by Kazza

Flicking through the League 1 squads at the end of January has revealed that every single one is on the bones of their backsides. Entire first teams in need of a rest, all with around 4-6 players out injured. Matches every 3 days means that no team can return their squad to fitness. I'm entirely unconvinced this is the reality of fitness and fatigue within professional football clubs. The medical centre looks like an admissions sheet of a Friday night A&E ward.

I think this particular pudding has been severely over-egged.

3 hours ago, divij13 said:

Loving the FM19 Beta till now.

However there is one bug I have encountered which was in FM18 and seems to have carried over. Posted in the bugs forum but no reply. 

No matter, where the assist is generated from, the central area below the penalty box will stay 0. 

This happens to AI teams as well. 

I'm using Macbook Pro Early 2015. I tried this last year on a friend's macbook but had the same issue. 

Can someone using a Mac confirm that they do not have this issue because I think it might affect most Macs.

Find screenshot below. Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 2.09.27 PM.png

That is ridiculous the crossing issue is still in the game after how long. 

1 hour ago, Kazza said:

Umm not having anywhere near those injuries. Though without knowing the tactic and intensity people are playing and the pre-season preparation, hard to gauge whether this is an issue. Not  a show stopper for me currently. 

SI are saying that injuries are not a problem. so maybe try looking at the overall training levels for each individual as well as the medical centres advice?  Presumably you take all aspects of the training or have you left it or some to your assman? More information would be good  to see if there are any aspects that may standout as issues. if you have done all the above, apologies for stating the obvious!

Does not look good. How long are the injuries or are they a mixed bag.

Where have you got that from? SI have admitted injuries during matches are too high and are looking into it.

3 minutes ago, cleaner475 said:

Where have you got that from? SI have admitted injuries during matches are too high and are looking into it.

Oops missed that, I was referring to an earlier statement from one of mods I think. My bad!

Edited by Kazza

23 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

That is ridiculous the crossing issue is still in the game after how long. 

I think you misunderstood my post.

Have no issue with crosses being OP, I'm pleasantly surprised about that, scored most of my goals via passes and through balls even though playing 4-4-2.

The problem is with the assist analysis chart that shows where the assists originated from.

Not sure if been mentioned yet but it seems as though you can't attend other fixtures. I'm clicking the little bar you used to press to attend and nothing is happening. I've made sure my own team aren't playing that day.

Also those injuries people are experiencing I've not had anything like that. 

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Flicking through the League 1 squads at the end of January has revealed that every single one is on the bones of their backsides. Entire first teams in need of a rest, all with around 4-6 players out injured. Matches every 3 days means that no team can return their squad to fitness. I'm entirely unconvinced this is the reality of fitness and fatigue within professional football clubs. The medical centre looks like an admissions sheet of a Friday night A&E ward.

I think this particular pudding has been severely over-egged.

I’m doing a save with Pompey so have played league 1 and my team was fine, didn’t get any players needing much of a  rest all stayed around 90% condition, maybe a couple of players after 4-5 games needed to be rotated for a game but in general were fine, and from what I saw from the AI teams, they were the same.

6 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I’m doing a save with Pompey so have played league 1 and my team was fine, didn’t get any players needing much of a  rest all stayed around 90% condition, maybe a couple of players after 4-5 games needed to be rotated for a game but in general were fine, and from what I saw from the AI teams, they were the same.

Fascinating.

Not sure I am placing this thread in the correct place and my English is getting worse and worse the older I get, lol.

I've been playing the BETA since it got released and I absolutely LOVE it. Yeah, sure there are some small bugs here and there, I am currently writing down small things in a notepad-document while playing the game so I don't forget them. Just small things like for example when you pick the individual training focus. I will post my list of bugs later when I've played a full season of the game, i will provide it in the FM19 bugs forums. Nothing big just some small bugs here and there.

This game could be the best version of FM so far and I've been playing this series since 2005. Oh my god. I love the new training and tactic system. The fact that you can see what the different settings does graphically, the detailed training settings. The purple skin is just beautiful and my eyes love it. I feel that I can get my team to play exacly the way I want and it's so visible on the field. Its easier to pick a squad for a game because now you can see how well a specific player have trained etc. This game is a masterpiece and worth every single coin I spent on it. Is there a way to stop the game for being updated on steam/update it when/if I want to? I am super paranoid you will release some patch that will ruin the game.

Hats of for SI, this game is a masterpiece and it's still only the beta. I just wanted to get that out.

One thing that did nearly catch me out was having to put all the players onto 'automatic' individually in the training -> rest tab. I had quite a few stuck on double intensity training rather than the automatic settings relevant to their condition that I'd chosen. Thankfully noticed it very early, and still not having any injury issues. Of course, that's not during the match which is what people seem to be having issues with. I'll just keep hoping to miss out on that lol!

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Tom8983 said:

One thing that did nearly catch me out was having to put all the players onto 'automatic' individually in the training -> rest tab. I had quite a few stuck on double intensity training rather than the automatic settings relevant to their condition that I'd chosen. Thankfully noticed it very early, and still not having any injury issues. Of course, that's not during the match which is what people seem to be having issues with. I'll just keep hoping to miss out on that lol!

This should be done by default. I.e. it beings on 'Normal Intensity' but with a little icon that indicates this is being set according to the automatic squad rules. Are you not finding this to be the case?

12 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This should be done by default. I.e. it beings on 'Normal Intensity' but with a little icon that indicates this is being set according to the automatic squad rules. Are you not finding this to be the case?

No, I had to set it to automatic myself. I did accidentally set my assistant to handle all aspects of training for about half a day, so maybe he changed things up. I admit I didn't really check it before that, I was still trying to get my head around all the new stuff.

1 minute ago, Tom8983 said:

No, I had to set it to automatic myself. I did accidentally set my assistant to handle all aspects of training for about half a day, so maybe he changed things up. I admit I didn't really check it before that, I was still trying to get my head around all the new stuff.

I have taken a hands on approach to training this iteration. A lot harder as you have to scroll through the training from units, mentoring, team schedules and individual nearly every week. The one aspect I cannot seem to get to grips with is that I have three disgruntled players who do not like their individual regime so I change it. The following week I get the same message saying they do not like the regime! Is this a delayed reaction or am i missing a trick here!

Ok, so I have now played through a whole season at Bayern Munich and am a third of the way through a Billericay Town save and the injury situation at both clubs is very different.  I know they have identified an issue, so this is just an observation.

At Bayern, the injuries were ridiculous.  I averaged over two in game injuries every match, for the entire season.  A clear bug, as identified by SI.

At Billericay, it is at the level I would expect.  Nothing out of the ordinary at all.

Weird!

I'd like people's opinion on whether this is a bug or not. In the 2018/2019 season on my save Boston United had an average attendance of 1,123. At the start of the 2019/2020 season they moved to a new stadium and their average attendance in the 2019/2020 season is 4,727. Would a stadium move really quadruple their average attendance?

Mine is very buggy. I don't know if it's because I have a Mac. I seem to be playing all matches as manager U18's U23's and senior team fixtures  which takes ages to play.  

Also several buttons don't work ... I can't seem to make a board request (it's grey out)... I could but it stopped working after a few weeks (this has been for a few weeks).

1 hour ago, craigcwwe said:

Whenever you have to sub a player off due to injury you can't use the widget to give shouts etc and you lose the match timeline at the top. 

Happens to me 25% of injuries... Happening to you every time? 

Objectively im not bothered, it is a beta, there will be bugs and im confident this will be fixed for the real game release

Subjectively, annoyed because theres only injury issues stopping me play my main save already and i have plenty of free time for two weeks. Also i work in software development, and by the time i go to UAT im usually 99% confident in my system setup... I just expect little intricacies to trip me up that you cant find yourself through generic 'vanilla' tests. Im amazed by playing a few months of a season they didnt find the injury bug (quantity) and the surrounding issues... Knock on bugs from the injuries, such as losing the timeline and the tactics screen being greyed out. It also seemed to let me make 5 subs in one game... But what had happened, on my first two injuries it showed the sub symbols for players i thought id bought on, but i was actually only playing 9 men. I got a subsequent 3 more injuries and could make all three subs :lol:

Can't believe how stable this game is considering it's only a beta, good job from the devs here. 

As far as injuries go, I believe SI have identified an imbalance in match injuries, and people are complaining they're getting too many. It's not that hard to keep on top of it though. I've included a screenshot below (sorted in date order of injuries, recent first). As you can see, a few injuries throughout September but mostly little niggly ones. However since, then I went the whole of October without any at all, and only had a couple of minor ones in November so far. Currently have no injuries at all. This comes with its own issues of course, as I'm getting fringe players chapping at my door :D

Each week, and also on the morning of a game, I study the medical centre, and in particular, the risk assessment section. What a lot of people will miss is how tired players can be coming back from an international break, for example. I let my AM handle most of the training, but I'll rest individuals separately, but only if I feel they need it. I do play a counter-press system with (depending on opposition), the 'get stuck in' instruction added. The twice I've had more than one injury during a match was when I was chasing the game and changed to an attack mentality. Stupidly, I had also left it on full stuck in counter-press as well, and since I've worked that out, it's never happened again (touch wood)

Sorry, a bit of a ramble, and maybe in the wrong thread, but I thought I'd share anyway, might help some others. 

injuries.PNG

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

imbalance in match injuries, and people are complaining they're getting too many. It's not that hard to keep on top of it though. I've included a screenshot below (sorted in date order of injuries, recent first). As you can see, a few injuries throughout September but mostly little niggly ones. However since, then I went the whole of October without any at all, and only had a couple of minor ones in November so far. Currently have no injuries at all. This comes with its own issues of course, as I'm getting fringe players chapping at my door :D

Its easy to stay on top of if youre not getting them. 

Dunno why u keep mentioning the injury thing. If you have 23 players and 15 have been stretchered off in the course of 3-4 games.. You cant stay on top of it... Its a bug, accepted by SI. You obvs havent been affected by it... Ive had 3 saves and massively affected in two of them. You admitted earlier u havent touched training module...neithr have i... Ive got 10 coaches... All categories are 4* + and light load... I leave everything else to asst. Ive had a game with 8 players stretchered off (5&3). It is a bug... Regardless how many people say theyve only had one or two injuries. 

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Its easy to stay on top of if youre not getting them. 

Dunno why u keep mentioning the injury thing. If you have 23 players and 15 have been stretchered off in the course of 3-4 games.. You cant stay on top of it... Its a bug, accepted by SI. You obvs havent been affected by it

A bug  like that would affect everyone surely? Anyway, I was under the impression the only issue they've found is that match injuries are more common than training injuries.  

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

A bug  like that would affect everyone surely? Anyway, I was under the impression the only issue they've found is that match injuries are more common than training injuries.  

Depends on the bug trigger, in this instance it doesnt affect every save (or certainly not within the same timeframe) maybe in your save there are a few particularly unlcuky AI teams, as you seem to have escaped. Maybe its a balance thing... You arent the only one to say you havent had many injuries..so perhaps another team is making up your shortfall, and in my save maybe i was making up the numbers (for the entire division)... The dev team will work out the trigger...perhaps its balancing them correctly or perhaps its an odd exponential issue like you get three in one match and it spirals because the physio room is too full and the doctor has too many patients. 

The accepted bug, as i understand, is that too many injuries are happening in the matches... But they are content with the injuries from training. Personally those are my findings too. 

Also, as i said, my team has personally only been affected in 2/3 saves (so far)... Heading into december with man utd and currently injuries are about right... Couple of majors and plenty of niggles but 1-2 maximum in any one game. With city i lost 12 in 2.5 games and at one point had 16 concurrent injured players.. All mids, attack and fbs... So fielded a team with 4 gks in one match! 

Anyone else struggling to sell players?? Firstly you can’t even get a bid if your player is on holiday and regardless of the type of player (young and cheap, experienced and expensive) I literally cant sell anyone unless I offer them around for nextbti nothing. Plus the purchase prices for players if ridiculous. Totally understand players being more expensive but that must correlate with the bids you receive surely. 

Also there’s still the same bug that when a transfer breaks down because the ai team hasn’t got the funds or can’t sign anymore foreign players, your players blames you and throughs a strop effecting the whole team. Not impressed but it is only the beta

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

in this instance it doesnt affect every save (or certainly not within the same timeframe) maybe in your save there are a few particularly unlcuky AI teams, as you seem to have escaped.

Injuries across the whole of Serie A where I'm managing are about spot on at the moment. Perhaps it's dependent on what league you're in, although I have another save in the lower Scottish leagues, and I've hardly had any injuries there either. The fitness and condition of my squads are something I pay very close attention to in-game, always have been. Other than the odd injury crisis, I've never had an issue with them in any FM game. That can't be a coincidence. 

7 minutes ago, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

Anyone else struggling to sell players?? Firstly you can’t even get a bid if your player is on holiday and regardless of the type of player (young and cheap, experienced and expensive) I literally cant sell anyone unless I offer them around for nextbti nothing. Plus the purchase prices for players if ridiculous. Totally understand players being more expensive but that must correlate with the bids you receive surely. 

Also there’s still the same bug that when a transfer breaks down because the ai team hasn’t got the funds or can’t sign anymore foreign players, your players blames you and throughs a strop effecting the whole team. Not impressed but it is only the beta

I kept on trying to sell Ozil for months, asking price 0.

no way, even gifted, Ozil is trucadero.

my 2 cents 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Injuries across the whole of Serie A where I'm managing are about spot on at the moment. Perhaps it's dependent on what league you're in, although I have another save in the lower Scottish leagues, and I've hardly had any injuries there either. The fitness and condition of my squads are something I pay very close attention to in-game, always have been. Other than the odd injury crisis, I've never had an issue with them in any FM game. That can't be a coincidence. 

I curse you and your team! Its just around the corner, an ambulance with your star striker, and his 8 backups, names on it. Its like the bubonic plague... At the moment youve got a few people with a cough and all is hunky dory... In a few months, red crosses everywhere "bring out the hamstrung, bring out the hamstrung" 

Just now, westy8chimp said:

I curse you and your team! Its just around the corner, an ambulance with your star striker, and his 8 backups, names on it. Its like the bubonic plague... At the moment youve got a few people with a cough and all is hunky dory... In a few months, red crosses everywhere "bring out the hamstrung, bring out the hamstrung" 

I wish I HAD a star striker. An injured baboon would be more effective at the moment. I'd happily take a few injuries if I could win the odd game :lol:

Just now, Boomer Ang said:

I kept on trying to sell Ozil for months, asking price 0.

no way, even gifted, Ozil is trucadero.

my 2 cents 

Funny you’ve said that I’m arsenal and Trying to shift miki. He’s got 10 clubs who are apparently majorly interested but nobody bids. Xhaka is worth 40 mil but could only get 15mill for him and five mill for welbeck. So unrealistic. I don’t rate xhaka but you’d get at least 20-25 mill for him in today’s market. 

Just now, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

Funny you’ve said that I’m arsenal and Trying to shift miki. He’s got 10 clubs who are apparently majorly interested but nobody bids. Xhaka is worth 40 mil but could only get 15mill for him and five mill for welbeck. So unrealistic. I don’t rate xhaka but you’d get at least 20-25 mill for him in today’s market. 

Is this in the first window? If it is then the teams probably haven't the cash to spend on the player wages or transfer fee

1 minute ago, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

Just now, cris182 said:

Is this in the first window? If it is then the teams probably haven't the cash to spend on the player wages or transfer fee

This. Bear in mind, they both have huge wages

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

they both have huge wages

This will be a huge factor...ozil is on a fairly new long term deal at circa 18m per annum... Going to be impossible to sell.

I remember liverpool being unplayabale for me on the fm after dalglish as hed signed adam, downing, carrol and others on big money 5 year deals... Couldnt sell them for pennies

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

This. Bear in mind, they both have huge wages

Yh I get that and for xhaka I wasn’t expecting massive money but it seems like regardless of how many teams are interested you get no bids. Every player I’ve tried to sell has about 15 teams interested but nobody bids. The transfer engine just seems really poor. On 18, teams would at least offer what they could afford. I know it’s supposed to be as realistic as possible but how else am I supposed to clean up wengers mess?? 😂

1 minute ago, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

Yh I get that and for xhaka I wasn’t expecting massive money but it seems like regardless of how many teams are interested you get no bids. Every player I’ve tried to sell has about 15 teams interested but nobody bids. The transfer engine just seems really poor. On 18, teams would at least offer what they could afford. I know it’s supposed to be as realistic as possible but how else am I supposed to clean up wengers mess?? 😂

Everyone has spent their money in the first window. Not sure why you would expect to offload high earners then.

They dont bid because they are interested but cant match the players wages.

Just now, westy8chimp said:

This will be a huge factor...ozil is on a fairly new long term deal at circa 18m per annum... Going to be impossible to sell.

I remember liverpool being unplayabale for me on the fm after dalglish as hed signed adam, downing, carrol and others on big money 5 year deals... Couldnt sell them for pennies

😩😩 this game is the only way I can get arsenal to win the league again. Who gives elneny 60k a week?? 😂 Shameful. Looks like I’ll have to be someone else then.

Just now, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

You''re not really getting this are you? When the game starts, the majority of sides have already spent most of their wage budgets for the season. It doesn't matter if you offer a top player for nothing if the other team can't afford his wages. The transfer system tends to open up a bit from the 2nd season onwards.