Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is rather slow, it takes more than it should to process stuff, it was the same for me in FM18's Beta so I'm expecting it to pick up soon but I feel like you should know in order to work on it. Aside from that the game feels like a considerable improvement over 18.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

@Seb Wassell i think you acknowleged injuries in matches were a little high. Do you still need examples logged as bugs? (i just had 5 in one match)

If its accepted as a bug will it be a hot fix, or more likely try and get it sorted for the main release?

Cheers

No more examples needed, thanks for offering.

It's under review, beyond that I am afraid I cannot comment on time-frames.

Wondering if anyone with more knowledge than myself and some of the others in the Dutch research forum can help - there is an issue with takeovers occurring at Ajax which shouldn’t be happening. This has been logged by Reddiablo and is being looked at for final release, ky question is should a fix for this be included in the release day version - will this be save game compatible? As in from the date of your game, once patched, the likelihood of a takeover is drastically reduced? Or would you need to start a new game to see this happen? 

image.thumb.png.686c18f5c32e1a9e5acef0ed19cbb9a4.png

Yet again in this year's release the final column of my custom squad view (average rating) disappears every time I navigate away and return. Please address this so I don't have to continuously right click and auto size columns. 

Big test for me will be whether it remains too easy to get unrealistic job offers as a Sunday league LLM.

In the beta I've started Sunday league, no badges, and lost in playoff final with Dulwich Hamlet, so bang on prediction, then halfway through season 2 was in fifth when media prediction was second. Leyton Orient mid-table in the league above contact me uninvited for a job interview.

Not off to a good start re the above concerns, albeit way short of being bug-report worthy, especially in circumstances where it hasn't changed in years as I appear to be in something of a minority.

2 hours ago, Tom8983 said:

Liverpool seem to make a habit of it. Coutinho and Torres for example. And of course we got VVD in January too. Man Utd also got Sanchez, but obviously Arsenal were left without many other options for that deal. I'm sure there's more examples, but I'm extremely hungover.

Yes you may get one or two who force their way out or aren't playing enough so leave but on FM I've seen players transfers go through that just wouldn't happen irl in the middle of a season

I get a sense from the feedback and the numerous video series I've been watching that it's difficult to lose with a top team and difficult to win with a poor team. Seems balanced for LLM but too easy to mash continue and smash up the AI as a top side.

7 minutes ago, cruyff14 said:

Yes you may get one or two who force their way out or aren't playing enough so leave but on FM I've seen players transfers go through that just wouldn't happen irl in the middle of a season

What is an example of a transfer that just wouldn't happen

Griezmann to United, Dybala to Munich, Lewendowski to Barcelona and Dembele to PSG all in one window.  All clubs flying in their respective competitions and all players playing weekly and doing well for their sides.   Just wouldn't happen in that window. A summer window perhaps as they all went off in a chain move almost very unrealistic. So tell me when that's happened??

Hi

I guess the only complaint I have so far is that the dark skin isn't very dark... there is still lenty of bright white on every screen. Admitedly it is the colours of the team I am managing, but I thought using the dark skin would at least get rid of some of it, especially in the inbox. It is just something that bugs me because I have light sensitive eyes so bright stuff is a big no for me!

Otherwise loving the game so far, can't wait to start my main save when the game officially releases!

The early excitement of playing the game has slowly tempered over the few last days. I played around 24 hours since the beta release and about 25 matches in total. There are definitely some improvements and I’m yet to create my own training schedule. I’ve encountered a few elements that made the game less enjoyable. First one is injuries, getting at least one player out injured, never managed to field my best 11 this season so far. Just when I was about to do that, Alli got a 2 months injury on England duty, while Eriksen picked a short term injury on Denmark duty after being sidelined for 4 months with a broken ankle. I saw that SI are investigating the issue so I hope and think this will be sorted out.

Another thing that’s been causing me issues is the AI defensive shape. I was never good at it and I admit it sincerely, we managed to win against bottom half sides through free kicks, corners, long shots etc. That’s an issue for me because it shows we’re relying on luck.

Other than that, the game’s pretty stable for a beta version with the odd bug here and there but nothing serious.

7 hours ago, Chris54564 said:

tut mir leid, dass ich es auf Deutsch schreibe, aber hier ein kurzes Feedback.

Leider scheinen die Transfer immer noch nicht realistisch zu sein. Es kann nicht sein, dass ich für einen Spieler wie Pellegri 120 mio + 40% des Weiterverkaufs bezahlen soll. Dies gilt auch für viele weitere Spieler wie Havertz für den ich 130mio zahlen soll. Ich finde dies sehr schade, denn so geht jeder Spaß am Spiel verloren.

Probably.

A few things I have noticed:

1) What happened to the pump ball into box instruction? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

2) What happened to  fluid/flexible/structured etc? Again can't seem to find them anymore.

3) Why a striker with a support duty can no longer be given the go more forward instruction? Being forced to give a striker an attack duty means that they will be completely useless in defensive situations by remaining shoulder to shoulder with the CDs all the time. I could understand it for a poacher or a couple of specific strikers, but not any striker with an (a) duty.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Wondering if anyone with more knowledge than myself and some of the others in the Dutch research forum can help - there is an issue with takeovers occurring at Ajax which shouldn’t be happening. This has been logged by Reddiablo and is being looked at for final release, ky question is should a fix for this be included in the release day version - will this be save game compatible? As in from the date of your game, once patched, the likelihood of a takeover is drastically reduced? Or would you need to start a new game to see this happen? 

It will depend on what is causing the issue, if it's something caused by the starting data then it will likely need a new save game, if it's just something caused by the game code then it might be save game compatible well assuming the takeover talk hasn't already started.

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Also Man City are awful, played 6 won 1 lost 5 (including at home to me), is anyone else seeing this with them? 

I appreciate it's too early in my game to say whether both teams are just are good/bad form, so was wondering other peoples experiences with Liverpool or City who might be a lot further in than me?

i holidayed until feb 2024 from the start of a save and man city have won the league every year and a currently top by 15 points in 2024

This could be a great game but the state of the injuries is absolutely hilarious, all my substitutions are injury based not tactical.I can't wait to be told it's in keeping with real world football.3 injuries a game.

21 minutes ago, Pendraz said:

What happened to  fluid/flexible/structured etc? Again can't seem to find them anymore.

Team Shape is no longer in the game.

22 minutes ago, Pendraz said:

Why a striker with a support duty can no longer be given the go more forward instruction? Being forced to give a striker an attack duty means that they will be completely useless in defensive situations by remaining shoulder to shoulder with the CDs all the time. I could understand it for a poacher or a couple of specific strikers, but not any striker with an (a) duty.

Support duty strikers are already far forward, their starting position is just a bit deeper and they'll be more willing to drop deep, depending on your other tactical settings.  And an attack duty striker's usefulness in defensive situations will depend on other factors, such as mentality, line of engagement and so on.  It's just new stuff, try things out - experiment :thup:.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, axehan1 said:

This could be a great game but the state of the injuries is absolutely hilarious, all my substitutions are injury based not tactical.I can't wait to be told it's in keeping with real world football.3 injuries a game.

Was avid poster on these forums in the CM01/02 days. But largely lost faith in this series last few years. FM15 being the last release I actually enjoyed playing for any considerable length of time. Bit of a purist. What historically made this game addictive for me was its simplicity albeit sitting behind this simplicity was layers and layers of detail giving it substance.

Swayed by the initial burst of positive comments on Steam following the beta release I pre-ordered and decided to give it a go.

Started with Man United. Plan to do a season with United and then a season with Cardiff City to give it some perspective. Will likely begin in non-league on full release.

The game

I like the feel and flow of the game o far. Plenty of detail yet my screen doesn't feel clustered with info. Navigating between different modules is clean and smooth. Some panels do feel a bot cramped with info but overall very good.

Never been a huge fan of the player interaction and news conference features. Mainly because of the frequency of them, relevance etc. However this time round its looking good. Dynamics feature is well thought out. Im not getting a disgruntled player approach me every 5 mins. Im actually engaging with pre and post match press conferences as it just seems more relevant to the wider aspects of the game. Before it felt like an annoying side game with no real impact. Therefore Id end up leaving it all to my assistant.

Tactics feature is working well. Changes to tactics are actually noticeable on match day now. Before I felt as if the outcome was pre-determined regardless of the tactics I deployed. Tactics has always been my favourite feature of the game and I'm pleased to see development here. Can see how I can really mould a team to my tactical style on this version.

Training is great. I've not gone as far as creating my own schedules yet but have been tinkering with the pre-set schedules. Lots of potential here and most importantly I dont have that urge to just leave to my assistant and forget about it. 

Concern would be injuries. Despite all positive comments on the training I seem to always have at least a few players out injured. Not long term but more frequent than IRL I feel.

ME seems ok. Players seem a lot more responsive to instructions. I'm seeing much less stupidity ie my player taking a throw in and throwing it directly to the feet of the opposition. But not ruled out entirely ie De Gea just rolling the ball straight to Eden Hazard.. AI teams have a noticeable style of play. Be interesting to see how AI adapts to my style over time. In previous versions it felt as if over night every team suddenly learnt how to play against me and I had to change tweak things. Would like to see individual managers/teams learn my strengths and weaknesses over time.

Crossing at the moment is a concern but this may be the tactic (4-2-3-1 GegenPress) I've deployed but 75% of my goals/attacks come from crosses from the wing backs. Very little is coming through the middle but then the teams playing against me are parking the bus at times so seems logical to go wide. I've got my AML and AMR as inside forwards encouraged to run at the defence which is opening up a lot of space for the overlap. But doesn't feel quite right. I need to play around with tactics less wing back focused to gage how big an issue this is.

My only major concern so far is have they made the game to easy?

I'm 18 PL games in with United. W16 D1 L1 F44 A8. The draw was 0-0 away at Spurs. The lose 3-1 away at Man City. In the CL I'm P6 W6 in the group stage with a group containing Bayern, Valencia, S Moscow. 

Im dominating every match. De Gea is hardly getting a look in. Lukaku has 17 goals in 13 PL starts.

I've bought Suso and Pavon. Sold Fellani.

Team morale is excellent. Management support is very good and team cohesion is very good.

You could argue that this is realistic but then you look at United IRL.

Am I just a better manager than Jose? Or is this game to easy?

I plan on starting a new season with Cardiff now just to gage the difference.

Just a little observation, I'm seeing maybe too many last ditch tackles in the box being successful.

Going to report a bug re. own goals as well being wrongly reported to other team - shook the life out of me lol!

Have to say overall, really enjoying the game and I'm having to tear myself away from it otherwise I'll be up until 6am on this damn thing! :O

23 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

I know this is only a beta, but I can't see how this game will be good by release date. There are just too many things wrong with this game.

Like what exactly? You say it won't be any good but don't say why, maybe they are issues which people can help with, or that are reported bugs.

From what I've seen the view is mainly positive.

Are through balls dead in this version or is it me that dont understand tacticts or player choices correctly? managing Liverpool, seeing so much space to thread the ball but it never happens, granted i have a midfield with Millner Henderson and Keita. but you would Think that sometime, sometime they would utilise that space to Place a a pass? so im thinking im doing something wrong? i cant find "plays through balls" as a tactic choice so it  only gets available to players. so does that mean it will never happen with these players? also Firmino , Salah, Mane has 10 goals together in novemeber lol, im a tactical mastermind, playing Salah and Mane as inside forward and Firmino as pressing forward in the standard gegenepressing tactic. Salah is utter ***** btw. i must be missing something crucial this version

Edited by eye-switcher

1 hora atrás, ajw10 disse:

I know this is only a beta, but I can't see how this game will be good by release date. There are just too many things wrong with this game.

Can you tell more about it? I'm playing it almost non-stop and it is, by far, the most stable Beta I ever played. With some issues, ofcourse, and reported accordingly, but totally playable.

To add to the comments about injuries, they're almost absurdly frequent in this beta.

In multiple games I've had 4-6 players injured during a match. Sometimes I have to use all my subs during the first half, only to see 3 more players go down during the second half.

Also, a crazy number of tackles are successful on top-level dribblers without fouling...it's HARD to tackle Messi and Bernardo Silva and Isco to win the ball without fouling them. In this game, it's almost flawlessly successful, no matter the level of the opposition and the player tackling.

I like the new tactics setup and the training layout. Excited for the full release. Thanks!

One thing I'm noticing is the 3D experience is quite jittery on my MacBook, despite me using exactly the same settings from FM18 for rendering 3D. Is this permanent or just because it's BETA?

Also seems to take an age to actually launch the game from the dock, click the icon and takes 20 mins or so to open!

On 20/10/2018 at 21:09, bradjsmith said:

game is stuck on processing while pressing submit a team. i can still browse everything but just stays on processing. 

I'm noticing this too, the game just hangs, glad to see it wasn't just me, hopefully will be corrected for release.

3 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I'm noticing this too, the game just hangs, glad to see it wasn't just me, hopefully will be corrected for release.

This used to happen to me in FM18 sometimes, I'd just go on holiday for 1day. Bit rubbish if you lose the match but.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ajw10:

So far I can't see just one bug report you posted. 

1 hour ago, eye-switcher said:

Are through balls dead in this version or is it me that dont understand tacticts or player choices correctly? managing Liverpool, seeing so much space to thread the ball but it never happens, granted i have a midfield with Millner Henderson and Keita. but you would Think that sometime, sometime they would utilise that space to Place a a pass? so im thinking im doing something wrong? i cant find "plays through balls" as a tactic choice so it  only gets available to players. so does that mean it will never happen with these players? also Firmino , Salah, Mane has 10 goals together in novemeber lol, im a tactical mastermind, playing Salah and Mane as inside forward and Firmino as pressing forward in the standard gegenepressing tactic. Salah is utter ***** btw. i must be missing something crucial this version

yeah i agree, but it feels more realistic. try more tempo and more direct.

6 hours ago, Mackarosh said:

The game is rather slow, it takes more than it should to process stuff, it was the same for me in FM18's Beta so I'm expecting it to pick up soon but I feel like you should know in order to work on it. Aside from that the game feels like a considerable improvement over 18.

The game plays quick on mine, even faster than FM18...

It would also be nice to have the opportunity to talk to groups of players in the post-match teamtalk about things that aren't related to their exact positional thing.  Like, midfielders taking or missing chances, forwards creating chances for others, defenders passing out from the back.  That's been missing for several versions.

I only really have one problem and that's that my assistant manager keeps changing my training schedules, every Monday he delightedly tells me there will be new training schedules this week.

Other than that I am really enjoying this version, you just can't have any control over training atm which is a bit of a shame.

I'm having an unrealistic schedule problem. Playing 4 games in one week! It is just not possible in real life. In a fight for a top4 with three games left and two games I must play with one day of rest between them plus CL semis three days before and after this two games and my team depleted with injuries .. :rolleyes:

After playing a fair few games now here's my thoughts:

Match engine

- Defenders now receive passes to help recycle possession, didn't happen last year, I like this.

- However when then do, it doesn't seem to trigger anything, the forwards don't drop off or move into areas of space. They sort of just stay where they are.

- Crossing/wing play is still too much of a focus. I can't imagine anyone playing a narrow system this year will have much luck creating any chances. Doesn't seem to be anything coming from the central areas other than recycle possession and then make a run to try and get on the end of a cross.

- When watching the streams, it seemed like long shots and free kicks are now better. So far for me it's been the same as 18, just they curve a bit better.

- Full backs/wing backs still head the ball back into danger/off the pitch even when there isn't anyone close to them, usually from other teams goal kicks

- Defenders still get caught under the ball on those long punts down field, resulting in again goals that should easily be defended. Does it happen from time to time in real life? Yes. But it happens too often on FM. You feel like you've just been cheated out of the game.

I know some people are having success so far, but from what I am seeing on my game, it's too similar to 18 and the variation of goals is still the same, mainly from wing play.

I do like the new training, dynamics, and tactic system. In fact I like most of the new changes off the field, adds extra depth where it was much needed. However on the pitch, it's just not very rewarding.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Totalfootballfan:

I find that in FM19 beta world class players look like amateurs too often when it comes to passing the ball

On the video below you can find some examples of the issue I’m talking about, of course, I don’t say that in real life these players would never do such passes but as I said I find that in FM19 the frequency of appearing such extremely poor passes and passing decision is unrealistically high

Perfect examples . I could not agree more , once again . I hope so much that the ME will be better with the Official Release. But i highly doubt it . 

9 hours ago, Sw1 said:

Was avid poster on these forums in the CM01/02 days. But largely lost faith in this series last few years. FM15 being the last release I actually enjoyed playing for any considerable length of time. Bit of a purist. What historically made this game addictive for me was its simplicity albeit sitting behind this simplicity was layers and layers of detail giving it substance.

Swayed by the initial burst of positive comments on Steam following the beta release I pre-ordered and decided to give it a go.

Started with Man United. Plan to do a season with United and then a season with Cardiff City to give it some perspective. Will likely begin in non-league on full release.

The game

I like the feel and flow of the game o far. Plenty of detail yet my screen doesn't feel clustered with info. Navigating between different modules is clean and smooth. Some panels do feel a bot cramped with info but overall very good.

Never been a huge fan of the player interaction and news conference features. Mainly because of the frequency of them, relevance etc. However this time round its looking good. Dynamics feature is well thought out. Im not getting a disgruntled player approach me every 5 mins. Im actually engaging with pre and post match press conferences as it just seems more relevant to the wider aspects of the game. Before it felt like an annoying side game with no real impact. Therefore Id end up leaving it all to my assistant.

Tactics feature is working well. Changes to tactics are actually noticeable on match day now. Before I felt as if the outcome was pre-determined regardless of the tactics I deployed. Tactics has always been my favourite feature of the game and I'm pleased to see development here. Can see how I can really mould a team to my tactical style on this version.

Training is great. I've not gone as far as creating my own schedules yet but have been tinkering with the pre-set schedules. Lots of potential here and most importantly I dont have that urge to just leave to my assistant and forget about it. 

Concern would be injuries. Despite all positive comments on the training I seem to always have at least a few players out injured. Not long term but more frequent than IRL I feel.

ME seems ok. Players seem a lot more responsive to instructions. I'm seeing much less stupidity ie my player taking a throw in and throwing it directly to the feet of the opposition. But not ruled out entirely ie De Gea just rolling the ball straight to Eden Hazard.. AI teams have a noticeable style of play. Be interesting to see how AI adapts to my style over time. In previous versions it felt as if over night every team suddenly learnt how to play against me and I had to change tweak things. Would like to see individual managers/teams learn my strengths and weaknesses over time.

Crossing at the moment is a concern but this may be the tactic (4-2-3-1 GegenPress) I've deployed but 75% of my goals/attacks come from crosses from the wing backs. Very little is coming through the middle but then the teams playing against me are parking the bus at times so seems logical to go wide. I've got my AML and AMR as inside forwards encouraged to run at the defence which is opening up a lot of space for the overlap. But doesn't feel quite right. I need to play around with tactics less wing back focused to gage how big an issue this is.

My only major concern so far is have they made the game to easy?

I'm 18 PL games in with United. W16 D1 L1 F44 A8. The draw was 0-0 away at Spurs. The lose 3-1 away at Man City. In the CL I'm P6 W6 in the group stage with a group containing Bayern, Valencia, S Moscow. 

Im dominating every match. De Gea is hardly getting a look in. Lukaku has 17 goals in 13 PL starts.

I've bought Suso and Pavon. Sold Fellani.

Team morale is excellent. Management support is very good and team cohesion is very good.

You could argue that this is realistic but then you look at United IRL.

Am I just a better manager than Jose? Or is this game to easy?

I plan on starting a new season with Cardiff now just to gage the difference.

Game is definitely too easy these days. On FM18 I won 13 major trophies in three and a bit seasons, half a billion in the bank, 110 points in last season.