Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, toffee71 said:

Definitely wait for full release, don't know how much you've discovered, but  I keep going ooh that's nice even after all the inductions, keep discovering more. My plan is keep on this world of discovery until full release then may see you in hof career, I have a plan.

I've actually started my hall of fame career already I couldn't resist. Are you gonna be posting your progress? Where you plan on starting? But back to your post I'm really enjoying seeing the little things like an overview of the transfers already made before the game started as well as the new mentoring section.

Edited by bigmattb28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone finding the number of offsides each game excessive again this year? Strikers seem unable to check their runs when trying to get in behind.

I'm averaging about 6 or 7 a game currently, while in real life i think it's usually between 2 to 4.

Now I understand playing direct with players with low anticipation will naturally lead to this, however the opposition are also experiencing similar numbers so isn't purely tactics related IMO.  I've tried limiting attackers to support duties, however this is in the Conference so being forced toward a more patient approach isn't ideal for chance creation.

It can make the highlight reel frustrating to extremely watch at times. I guess the alterative option would be to simply tone down the number of offsides shown. If it's marginal decision from a slipped through ball then fair enough, but I don't really need to see every long punt up the pitch where the strike has set off 2 yards early.

That said, I'm really enjoying the match engine on the whole and this is a minor gripe rather than a full on rant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to an article I just read it has happened 5 times in 13 years purely within the PL, so although I initially disagreed with your comment, it seems there is something to it, as that was less often that I expected. That doesn't include managers moving from club outside PL to inside PL mid-season though, which may be higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

width doesnt seem to exist in the game everyone seems to bunch up in the area even when you have selected the maximum width. the team cant go anywhere.

im with what everyone is saying about the big name players they dont seem to be able to play like they do in real life.

through balls only seem to be played on the ground, players dont seem to play little dinks over the defences 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain the "I've just started scouting...." message in the scouting centre. Whenever I get it there is already a rudimentary star-rating appraisal there, and if the player is bad I just hit discard.

Does it actually mean "I have just been scouting..." or is the preliminary thing akin to an old instant scout report? Either way, is it possible to add that message to the toggleable list of inbox/centre/off items, as, with my current level of understand of it, I want rid of it.

Edited by Per Annum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you go to Preferences -> Interface Menu untick the 'Highlight Important Panels on Overview' option and the game should stop swapping the panels over. (Though as others have said the option might not be working correctly at the moment, but turning it off should mean they'll stop changing when the bug has been fixed).

This doesn't seem to be an option in FMT, so we have no control over what panels we see on the home page.  This is a really poor decision. Leave the user in control unless they choose otherwise. Surely a pin/padlock graphic actually on the screen would be better than burying it in the preferences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've actually started my hall of fame career already I couldn't resist. Are you gonna be posting your progress? Where you plan on starting? But back to your post I'm really enjoying seeing the little things like an overview of the transfers already made before the game started as well as the new mentoring section.

I think I will post progress yes, I plan on starting in Chile, Everton da vina, then across all continents to my Everton, and when Gib is ready will have a go from there and just see where it takes me. Where are you, thought Oleiros was a shade of pink.

Still can't believe how much I love all the things that I didn't know I wanted but already think are essential. They (SI) seem to know what I want before I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jeztah said:

I can't believe that this issue is still present in FM19, especially in a game focusing on football management.

Why on earth you still see managers switching teams in the middle of the season? What is the last time you've seen a manager leave a team for another out of their own will in January or similar? 

In my current save things didn't really go that well for Pep at Man City so he was let go after 32 rounds. And sure thing, Ancelotti will leave Napoli just a few games before the end of the season in which he is still battling for Scudetto to go and manage City.

To not make this just a rant, here's what I'd change. When a team fires a manager they either prioritise hiring an unemployed manager or hire a manager and agree that the new guy starts only in the beginning of the next season.

Otherwise I'm enjoying this game a lot, but this is such an immersion killer, especially since it often leads to a manager merry-go-round.

Yeah, stuff like the Spain manager leaving his job days before a World Cup to take charge of Real Madrid make it obvious it's a simulation and not real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For loans:

I am fielding multiple loan offers.

I accept the offers that are good for me.

But there then needs to be an option to reject all the remaining offers.

 

For transfers:

it would also be good if the summary list of the offers included the amount of any wage contributions I am required to play. Otherwise, I still have to go through every single offer to check.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nitpicking slightly with this one but Cluett was sent off with 5 mins to go in an FA cup tie we were leading by one goal, having been brought on 11 minutes previously. Obviously plenty of things other than this SI should be prioritizing just now, and I suppose it's not even unrealistic someone on Twitter would try and perk him up, the exposure of the algorithm just gave me a chuckle.

 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, stuff like the Spain manager leaving his job days before a World Cup to take charge of Real Madrid make it obvious it's a simulation and not real life.

he left due to internal factions though. and 1 case does not really argue your point there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing in French ligue 1, and there is an issue  :

When a player of my first team is injured, I cannot use a player of my "B team" because he as "already played a match today"....
 

1) thi is for all 60 players of my "B team" !!!!!!!!!! 60 players playing in the same match  ??????????

seriously ?

2) I 've been checking calendars before, my first en second teams matches were both at the same time, so I thought It will be ok to choose if a player will play in the first team or not...

so to prevent injury, I will need to always put all my players in first team....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jeztah said:

I can't believe that this issue is still present in FM19, especially in a game focusing on football management.

Why on earth you still see managers switching teams in the middle of the season? What is the last time you've seen a manager leave a team for another out of their own will in January or similar? 

In my current save things didn't really go that well for Pep at Man City so he was let go after 32 rounds. And sure thing, Ancelotti will leave Napoli just a few games before the end of the season in which he is still battling for Scudetto to go and manage City.

To not make this just a rant, here's what I'd change. When a team fires a manager they either prioritise hiring an unemployed manager or hire a manager and agree that the new guy starts only in the beginning of the next season.

Otherwise I'm enjoying this game a lot, but this is such an immersion killer, especially since it often leads to a manager merry-go-round.

Couldn't agree more. Upvote x10.

There's the caretaker manager feature now, I feel this should be implemented more as well as pre-contracts with managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an improvement on FM18, especially tactically.

One gripe mind, a thing that has annoyed the hell of out me for ages, when the GK makes a save, one of your attackers goes to get the ball when it's on the byline, your player runs up to the ball and just misses it, runs slightly passed, miss controls or whatever nonsense it is, for the defender to clear it. Irritating and stupid.

Edited by into pitch black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

I can't click on certain staff in my team. Like the Chief Doctor for example. Anyone knows the reason?

Doctors are view only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

 

 

 

I want to add to what I said above that when you look at the possession stats of Man City and Barca in real life then you see that these clubs have 60-65% possession per match and when you look at the possession stats of these clubs in FM19 then you see that these clubs have about 55% possession and 10% difference might not look like a big deal but that is very wrong thinking.

If you want to see the difference more clearly then you should look at Passes Per Match or Total Passes Per Season instead of Possession stats

For example, Man City made total 28241 passes after 38 matches in the league in the season 17/18 which means about 740 passes per match

 mc_01.png

 

 

 

Now if we look at similar stats in FM19 then we’ll see that in FM19 Man City makes only about 17800 passes after 38 matches in the league in season 18/19 which means about 460 passes per match

 

 mc_02.png

 

 

 

Conclusion: in real life Man City makes about 60% more passes per match than in FM19 and that difference already looks huge  :) This number determines how these clubs play in real life and how they play in FM and as we can see they play very differently in FM19 and in real life.

Those stats are meaningless unless you have gone in the Detail Level settings and changed the Premier League to full detail. As you are Valladolid only La Liga games, Copa del Rey and the later stages of the CL and EL will be in full detail by default and produce accurate statistics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theballstopshere said:

thank you. does it mean that i cannot terminate his contract and get a new team doctor?

Yes - why are you looking to do so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, s1111 said:

Those stats are meaningless unless you have gone in the Detail Level settings and changed the Premier League to full detail. As you are Valladolid only La Liga games, Copa del Rey and the later stages of the CL and EL will be in full detail by default and produce accurate statistics.

 

Mate, posting stats from an inactive league would be a very stupid thing to do :) 

The stats which you quoted above is from an active league, I was managing Cardiff City in EPL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tut mir leid, dass ich es auf Deutsch schreibe, aber hier ein kurzes Feedback.

 

Leider scheinen die Transfer immer noch nicht realistisch zu sein. Es kann nicht sein, dass ich für einen Spieler wie Pellegri 120 mio + 40% des Weiterverkaufs bezahlen soll. Dies gilt auch für viele weitere Spieler wie Havertz für den ich 130mio zahlen soll. Ich finde dies sehr schade, denn so geht jeder Spaß am Spiel verloren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Per Annum said:

Can anyone explain the "I've just started scouting...." message in the scouting centre. Whenever I get it there is already a rudimentary star-rating appraisal there, and if the player is bad I just hit discard.

Does it actually mean "I have just been scouting..." or is the preliminary thing akin to an old instant scout report? Either way, is it possible to add that message to the toggleable list of inbox/centre/off items, as, with my current level of understand of it, I want rid of it.

When the user has chosen to scout a large amount of individual players, the clubs scouting team may not be able to start scouting all players at once. As a result they will be placed on to a type of waiting list in the order they have been chosen to be scouted. Once an assignment on a player has been completed, the next player on the list will start to be scouted. This is when the 'I've just started scouting' news item should be generated. When a scout starts scouting a player there will be an initial report generated, which will become more accurate over time. 

You can disable the 'Started Scouting' notifications in the advanced filters within the scouting filter on the Scouting Centre page. Just select the X and that should stop that type of entry from coming into your inbox or scouting centre. 

image.png.3fcfffda1bf93383d821c8f1f138fc5c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See where the black arrow is? Why is this bug still occurring since at least FM 2014 where if I try to move columns around or add/remove then suddenly it will start becoming broken REALLY QUICKLY with auto resize very often not working to fix it. Again I state this issue keeps going from FM to FM without being fixed, ever and I keep putting in a report year after year but no fix or care is there.

Where the orange arrow is, I should be able to drag a divider that lets me resize the area. In this day and age to not allow for that is crazy. How can everything be so static. Yes, I understand there is a minimize button that entirely removes the pitch but what is the purpose of entirely removing it entirely? Then I just have the squad screen. I should be able to have that pitch 1/2 size or 1/3rd size if I want more info columns.

The wasted space speaks for itself. I want as much as I can get in 1 screen so that all available info is there for me without having to navigate too much, yet you're intent on forever having huge chunks of screen space being wasted. Yes I know the squad screen allows me to see just the raw info and that's fine but I, for the most part hate the raw info without being also able to see how it things will look on a pitch.

I'm just really surprised that by now we still have an interface that is more befitting of 2008 in terms of its difficulty to manipulate. 

20181022011358_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, avernoFM said:

See where the black arrow is? Why is this bug still occurring since at least FM 2014 where if I try to move columns around or add/remove then suddenly it will start becoming broken REALLY QUICKLY with auto resize very often not working to fix it. Again I state this issue keeps going from FM to FM without being fixed, ever and I keep putting in a report year after year but no fix or care is there.

Where the orange arrow is, I should be able to drag a divider that lets me resize the area. In this day and age to not allow for that is crazy. How can everything be so static. Yes, I understand there is a minimize button that entirely removes the pitch but what is the purpose of entirely removing it entirely? Then I just have the squad screen. I should be able to have that pitch 1/2 size or 1/3rd size if I want more info columns.

The wasted space speaks for itself. I want as much as I can get in 1 screen so that all available info is there for me without having to navigate too much, yet you're intent on forever having huge chunks of screen space being wasted. Yes I know the squad screen allows me to see just the raw info and that's fine but I, for the most part hate the raw info without being also able to see how it things will look on a pitch.

I'm just really surprised that by now we still have an interface that is more befitting of 2008 in terms of its difficulty to manipulate. 

20181022011358_1.jpg

bottom of the pitch is used for recent match analysis once you've played games

 

resize is probably best put in new features suggestions forum

Edited by Spedding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avernoFM said:

See where the black arrow is? Why is this bug still occurring since at least FM 2014 where if I try to move columns around or add/remove then suddenly it will start becoming broken REALLY QUICKLY with auto resize very often not working to fix it. Again I state this issue keeps going from FM to FM without being fixed, ever and I keep putting in a report year after year but no fix or care is there.

Where the orange arrow is, I should be able to drag a divider that lets me resize the area. In this day and age to not allow for that is crazy. How can everything be so static. Yes, I understand there is a minimize button that entirely removes the pitch but what is the purpose of entirely removing it entirely? Then I just have the squad screen. I should be able to have that pitch 1/2 size or 1/3rd size if I want more info columns.

The wasted space speaks for itself. I want as much as I can get in 1 screen so that all available info is there for me without having to navigate too much, yet you're intent on forever having huge chunks of screen space being wasted. Yes I know the squad screen allows me to see just the raw info and that's fine but I, for the most part hate the raw info without being also able to see how it things will look on a pitch.

I'm just really surprised that by now we still have an interface that is more befitting of 2008 in terms of its difficulty to manipulate. 

20181022011358_1.jpg

Wasted space is for pros/cons analysis which will appear after you've played at least one match so it should stop being wasted soon. As for adding/removing/moving columns I agree it's often quite annoying and has been for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, avernoFM said:

See where the black arrow is? Why is this bug still occurring since at least FM 2014 where if I try to move columns around or add/remove then suddenly it will start becoming broken REALLY QUICKLY with auto resize very often not working to fix it. Again I state this issue keeps going from FM to FM without being fixed, ever and I keep putting in a report year after year but no fix or care is there.

Where the orange arrow is, I should be able to drag a divider that lets me resize the area. In this day and age to not allow for that is crazy. How can everything be so static. Yes, I understand there is a minimize button that entirely removes the pitch but what is the purpose of entirely removing it entirely? Then I just have the squad screen. I should be able to have that pitch 1/2 size or 1/3rd size if I want more info columns.

The wasted space speaks for itself. I want as much as I can get in 1 screen so that all available info is there for me without having to navigate too much, yet you're intent on forever having huge chunks of screen space being wasted. Yes I know the squad screen allows me to see just the raw info and that's fine but I, for the most part hate the raw info without being also able to see how it things will look on a pitch.

I'm just really surprised that by now we still have an interface that is more befitting of 2008 in terms of its difficulty to manipulate. 

20181022011358_1.jpg

I just opened a thread in the Bugs section exactly about this....again, about this.
Getting a bit tired of this problem being there for such a long time. It's a nightmare setting up my customised views.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

As a result they will be placed on to a type of waiting list in the order they have been chosen to be scouted. Once an assignment on a player has been completed, the next player on the list will start to be scouted.

How do you see the number of players waiting to be scouted, I'm sure I've seen something along the line of x amount of players waiting to be scouted before, but can't remember where it was of have I imagined that? (possible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, toffee71 said:

How do you see the number of players waiting to be scouted, I'm sure I've seen something along the line of x amount of players waiting to be scouted before, but can't remember where it was of have I imagined that? (possible)

Scouting -> Assignments -> Priorities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

hmm, just to get a better team doctor? 

All doctors are equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, avernoFM said:

 

20181022011358_1.jpg

The bugszz part is a bug but to fix it is quite easy, you have a copy of selection info view, change itto a default view then re-import your view and it's good again, that has driven me around the bend this morning, but this works, obviously you must have exported your view first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 23 Minuten schrieb Chris54564:

tut mir leid, dass ich es auf Deutsch schreibe, aber hier ein kurzes Feedback.

 

Leider scheinen die Transfer immer noch nicht realistisch zu sein. Es kann nicht sein, dass ich für einen Spieler wie Pellegri 120 mio + 40% des Weiterverkaufs bezahlen soll. Dies gilt auch für viele weitere Spieler wie Havertz für den ich 130mio zahlen soll. Ich finde dies sehr schade, denn so geht jeder Spaß am Spiel verloren.

Was bedeutet für dich Realismus? Dass du einfach rumgehen kannst und die Spieler holen für den "Marktwert" die du willst. Wenn ein Verein 130 Millionen und mehr will sagt er damit: Wir wollen den Spieelr nicht verkaufen ausser du würdest unrealistisch viel Kohle auf den Tisch legen.Insofern sehr viel realistischer als einfach kaufen zu können wen man will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jc1 said:

Just won a friendly 3-0 with 3 penalties, I'm seeing lots of penalties given in this game, I'm  averaging about 2-3 per game.

Good, that's a step up from last year's version. I got maybe 2-3 a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

 

Scouting -> Assignments -> Priorities 

Thank you very much Sir. I don't really know how I missed it spent lot of time mooching around.

Love the drag n drop organising.

Edited by toffee71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can u watch international matches with the beta ? I was trying to watch an england game inbetween matches tried clicking the fixture but wouldn't let me??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeztah said:

Why on earth you still see managers switching teams in the middle of the season? What is the last time you've seen a manager leave a team for another out of their own will in January or similar? 

 

Dean smith has just recently left Brentford to go to Aston Villa. Not in January but still a change during the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question - Are injury occurences higher this season?  I know they have traditionally been set at under the real life average, but for the first time in five years, I have noticed a LOT of them this time.

Please note, this is not a criticism, just a question.  I am not seeking advice on training, tactics etc.  Stating this before the usual crowd pile in on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question - I have quite a few tired players, understandable as I am still in every competition, yet I cannot seem to find the "send on holiday" tab.  Has this been removed or moved?  Ta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Quick question - Are injury occurences higher this season?  I know they have traditionally been set at under the real life average, but for the first time in five years, I have noticed a LOT of them this time.

Please note, this is not a criticism, just a question.  I am not seeking advice on training, tactics etc.  Stating this before the usual crowd pile in on me.

there reviewing match injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Quick question - Are injury occurences higher this season?  I know they have traditionally been set at under the real life average, but for the first time in five years, I have noticed a LOT of them this time.

Please note, this is not a criticism, just a question.  I am not seeking advice on training, tactics etc.  Stating this before the usual crowd pile in on me.

It's at 80% of real life injury rates. Injuries in matches are being investigated though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Another question - I have quite a few tired players, understandable as I am still in every competition, yet I cannot seem to find the "send on holiday" tab.  Has this been removed or moved?  Ta.

Training > Rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spedding said:

there reviewing match injuries.

 

Just now, HUNT3R said:

It's at 80% of real life injury rates. Injuries in matches are being investigated though.

Thanks chaps.  I am at twelve in match injuries in just the last four games alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Training > Rest

Thank you.

This can be added to feedback then.  This new way of sending on holiday is ridiculous and makes me navigate a few extra screens.  What was wrong with where it was?  Even after going to Training --> Rest, it isn't obvious where it is.  I have to send every player individually.  Previously, they were all on the same screen.  Would prefer it how it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

Anyone else suffering from constant crash dumps? Had 5 already and only played 8 hours.

Report your issues in the technical issues section of the beta bugs forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

Anyone else suffering from constant crash dumps? Had 5 already and only played 8 hours.

Tempting fate, but I have to be honest and say I haven't had any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2018 at 00:47, toffee71 said:

Just move who you want to mentor to senior squad and make available for u23/u18, simples

 

In FM18 any player in the senior squad requires that the player gets senior games or they will start getting "frustrated" because of lack of senior games. Would be really silly if they enforce squad mentoring and then allow exploiting having all players in the senior squad, so I expect this is still in FM19.

 

Moving senior players to u23 and having them play senior games also comes with the problem of the move alone makes the player unhappy, not to mention resting becomes messed up.

 

So the mentoring system is for development clubs, like Ajax that has tons of young players in the senior squad and maybe you can do something with backup players mentoring in u23.

 

Now the way you mentor the club is actually better done through club mentality, if you wan't high determination, make sure you don't accept a ton of non-DNA youth players. That way the overall club determination will pull the few hot prospects with low determination up to the team average.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Kenney said:

 

You can disable the 'Started Scouting' notifications in the advanced filters within the scouting filter on the Scouting Centre page. Just select the X and that should stop that type of entry from coming into your inbox or scouting centre. 

 

Embarassing I took all the time to type that out without triple-checking it wasn't there already. Thanks very much.

I now understand the purpose of it, but am going to turn it off as I am making snap decisions on the initial pre-emptive judgment.

Edited by Per Annum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...