Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

36 minuti fa, cbcruz ha scritto:

I had Matic loaned out to Juventus with a mandatory future fee of 25m. He's just come back, and he's not joining Juve. His contract is up in 1 week, and the thought of letting him go on a free and not getting the 25m (that I don't even need) is too annoying, so I'm gonna have to give him a new contract and try to sell this 31 year old for as much as I can get. I don't need the money, but I want it.

Is it a bug? I assume it's a bug, but I'm not sure on the rules considering his contract is expiring.

optimist me: I guess it is just the AI being smart. instead of paying 25 M for a 31 year old, they let him back gambling that you won't sign him so they could get him for free. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also noticing more variety in goals than just crosses (though they are, unsurprisingly, a fairly regular source of goals at both ends when using a wide 4-3-3). I don't have FM open right now, but I can say that through-balls aren't the endangered species some users seem to think they are.

1 minute ago, MBarbaric said:

optimist me: I guess it is just the AI being smart. instead of paying 25 M for a 31 year old, they let him back gambling that you won't sign him so they could get him for free. 

But the fee was mandatory. I know for a fact it didn't turn optional before confirming, because he played in the CL final against me, and I had a look then.

5 minutes ago, yonko said:

Is it just me or players don't play through balls anymore with possession tactics? Instead, way to many long shots and crosses. I don't think they are supposed to be part of possession tactics either. I don't know....maybe I'm beating on a dead horse. Maybe it has been acknowledged already. 

I'm having the same experience. Nothing but crossing, despite multiple PIs and TIs discouraging it 

1 ora fa, cbcruz ha scritto:

But the fee was mandatory. I know for a fact it didn't turn optional before confirming, because he played in the CL final against me, and I had a look then.

don't get it, they paid 25M for a season long loan? if that is the case, that might be worth rising as a bug.

Just now, MBarbaric said:

don't get it, they paid 25M for a season long loan? if that is the case, that might be worth rising as a bug.

Mandatory *future* fee. They're supposed to buy him for the agreed 25m at the end of the loan.

15 minutes ago, cbcruz said:

Mandatory *future* fee. They're supposed to buy him for the agreed 25m at the end of the loan.

Sounds like a bug... Raise it. 

With some loans if there is a major injury you can cancel the loan, or the loaning club can recall. Not sure if thats possible on a loan with fee agreements or not... Did he come back injured? 

A few positives:

• The game is insanely fast. I've been playing on a pretty old machine lately and it still works splendidly. Whatever happened under the surface, it works! With comparable databases it runs a lot more fluid than FM17.
  • Also super stable. My gimmick for the beta was replaying each match for a half-season around 50 times each (100 for the first game). On 17 my cheat file borked quite often after a few reloads. Meanwhile on 19 I've had only one error so far and that was probably due to me overworking my laptop.
  • I like how much 'momentum' and mentals matter. In 17 the formation was king and all-around stats did the rest. Now it feels like there is a better balance for 'runs' and for sideline management.
  • Defensive formations are fun!
  • Finally a good and fun and deeper training system.
  • The presets I tested worked and are balanced and are good starting points for tweaking a system. In 17 the base formations either were too generic or just unfinished. 

Things I need to test more:

• New training system. I tried letting the assistant do it for the first season to get a 'feeling' for normal schedules. I encountered three problems: When matches get rescheduled sometimes there are two recovery days in a row. Physical training was almost non-existant which wouldn't be that much of a big thing post preseason but my players kept complaining. In leagues with short preseasons the intensity is sometimes set too low. 
  • Mentoring. There's a lot that is currently unknown and I look forwards to what it does to my promising youngsters longterm or how it helps form bonds.

Things I'm not too keen about

• Scouting takes what feels like an eternity! I played a good 2nd Bundesliga team and the transfer period was over before I had a usable overview on already established players. 
  • Players complaining about the training. Sometimes they want focus on X but sometimes it is hard to know whether they want chsnged team training or individual focus or something else. One of my players almost got fired early on because he kept complaining about penalty training and when I relented he complained about his workload the next day. 

Things I want

• Better integration of training performance. I love seeing it in detail. But I feel like those values should open up some player interactions. When praising a player I should be able to promise match time or a place on the bench/team *for* their effort. I should be able to better threaten a player for bad efforts or even cancel promises. One of my reserve centre backs complained about lacking match time and as it was a 50-50 decision anyway only decided by a preseason injury, I promised a starting position. Then three weeks in a row performances in the 5.x regions while the others were in the high 7/low 8 regions. I neither wanted to play him after those but couldn't risk upsetting him either and sadly the 'promise not kept' options only happens after the fact. 

5 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Sounds like a bug... Raise it. 

With some loans if there is a major injury you can cancel the loan, or the loaning club can recall. Not sure if thats possible on a loan with fee agreements or not... Did he come back injured? 

He got injured June 20 for 3 weeks. Loan ended June 30, so yes.

I'll raise it.

Despite some odd transfers, I think the AI is better at staying competitive as the years roll on in this version. Still find it difficult to win the league despite having built a super squad/club.

Edited by pauly15

5 hours ago, 91427 said:

Really irritating how 'runs with with ball' is hardcoded into so many full back and wing back roles this year, along with 'cross more often'. There is not a single role or duty in the wing back strata that does not have 'run wide with ball' or 'cut inside with ball' hardcoded. I want a possesion based system that doesn't cross much with attacking full backs but that's just impossible as the game currently is. Full backs constantly running away from support then sending big looping crosses into the box is not the style of football I want. Why are player instructions even hardcoded anyway? Let us change them if we want to 

That's a very annoying and unnecessary change this year in my opinion. Why would I want my supporting wingbacks to 'run wide with ball' all the time? And also why have all the 'automatic' duties also have those hardcoded instructions? I guess to help AI but then that's the reason AI goes cross crazy in the first place.

6 hours ago, yonko said:

Is it just me or players don't play through balls anymore with possession tactics? Instead, way to many long shots and crosses. I don't think they are supposed to be part of possession tactics either. I don't know....maybe I'm beating on a dead horse. Maybe it has been acknowledged already. 

Yes, Its acknowledged i think. Its Side ways Passing at Center and Crossing from wings. I tried to play and gave up on setting up on Through ball possession oriented setup. The Full backs and Wingers will always cross the ball and it results the goal easily. Hoping by main release they fix it. 

2 hours ago, pats said:

That's a very annoying and unnecessary change this year in my opinion. Why would I want my supporting wingbacks to 'run wide with ball' all the time? And also why have all the 'automatic' duties also have those hardcoded instructions? I guess to help AI but then that's the reason AI goes cross crazy in the first place.

Is there a way to fix this issue, with the editor maybe?

12 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Is there a way to fix this issue, with the editor maybe?

No. It's hard-coded. Means it's in the source code which we don't have access to. Editor can only be used to change the data in the database.

6 minutes ago, Spidermini said:

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'm wrong here.

If I preorder the game today, can I get the beta too or am I too late?

Greetings from Germany.

Yes, if you buy it from one of the 'certified' retailers (like steam)

Has anyone else had a problem with the youth intake day resetting custom ordering of the left-side menu, and if so, has it been reported as a bug yet?

Edit: The ordering reset again when the "sign recommended players to your youth academy" email came through and I clicked sign recommended players.

Edited by beano_

11 hours ago, 91427 said:

Why are player instructions even hardcoded anyway?

Positive take: It limits the output and helps the match engine develop in a streamlined way. It helps new players. 

Negative take: it limits the output and hinders the match engine from developing in a complex way. It sucks for old players who enjoyed defining things themselves more. 

Where is the height and weight info in player profiles? Can't seem to find it..I hope it's just a bug and they will bring it back, it's stupid we are not able to see the height of a player. Also it would be nice to have a little flag next to nationality in player profile on the attributes page.

15 minutes ago, luka_ said:

Where is the height and weight info in player profiles? Can't seem to find it..I hope it's just a bug and they will bring it back, it's stupid we are not able to see the height of a player. Also it would be nice to have a little flag next to nationality in player profile on the attributes page.

Circled in red.

info.thumb.jpg.ae98ecd485e38219d58bc5cbe35d69ce.jpg

I want to know if really SI look into the crossing problem this time. There are lots of threads in the bug forum about the midf not looking for through balls and wing backs running wide and cross constantly. But no one from SI respond to these things. Why? 

Game this year looks way better than fm 18 tbh, but I can't stand this problem anymore. Since fm 17 we have the same problem and no one is saying a thing about it.

1 minute ago, doIT49 said:

I want to know if really SI look into the crossing problem this time. There are lots of threads in the bug forum about the midf not looking for through balls and wing backs running wide and cross constantly. But no one from SI respond to these things. Why? 

Game this year looks way better than fm 18 tbh, but I can't stand this problem anymore. Since fm 17 we have the same problem and no one is saying a thing about it.

Because they're flat out busy working on the ME.

Here's a reply from SI though.

9 minutes ago, Xterno50 said:

why is fm19 not recognizing my gpu? i get 1 star of graphics and the menu of the game runs super super laggy. no issues with fm18, i configured again the game to recognize it and nothing.

laptop with a 1060

Report it in the technical issues section of the bugs forum, please.

Btw. i like the VAR and Eagles Eye implementation.

The Var comes up the right amount of times for the right amount of time...adds a nice amount of tension.

The Eagle Eye shows also for the right amount near-miss Goals...some Balls only a few Pixels away from success.

Edited by Etebaer

Meanwhile in my Fiorentina save, we almost kept a clean sheet at home against an Inter team with three strikers. Brozovic equalised in injury time. :(

I find that a narrow defence helps in that situation. Setting defensive width is just one of the many things I love about this tactics overhaul.

7 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

It's really not annoying when the AI switches to that broken 3 striker formation and it becomes impossible to defend. Not annoying in the slightest

It's quite possible to defend against. If you're struggling, pop over to the tactics forum.  :thup:

22 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

It's really not annoying when the AI switches to that broken 3 striker formation and it becomes impossible to defend. Not annoying in the slightest

It's very much possible. I've defended it myself quite successfully on multiple occasions. As suggested above, tactics forum is your friend.

1 minute ago, tacoboy said:

If SI are working on reducing more injuries, would that be the sort of fix that could be save game compatible, or is it more likely a new save game would be required once it's tweaked?

It's something in the ME causing it, so it's very likely to be save game compatible. Only things like data issues usually are not compatible.

37 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

yes, and much more. not that it translates in ME though.

Can just picture Pep yelling "yes play him through" as David Silva pops it out wide instead for Kyle Walker's 32nd cross of the match.

Edited by RocheBag

5 hours ago, Xterno50 said:

why is fm19 not recognizing my gpu? i get 1 star of graphics and the menu of the game runs super super laggy. no issues with fm18, i configured again the game to recognize it and nothing.

laptop with a 1060

You may have already tried this but do you have a system which auto-switches between the integrated (for battery saving) and dedicated graphics processor?  I had a Dell a few years ago that had this and I had to force the latter GPU in the Nvidia control panel

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I am thinking SI are pleased with the beta ME since since they ve not done a single update to it so far.

There are a few updates int he pipeline for the full release (less match injuries, tweaked encouragement to play more throughballs, ....)

Just now, DavyDepuydt1 said:

There are a few updates int he pipeline for the full release (less match injuries, tweaked encouragement to play more throughballs, 

and it would have been nice for us to test those in the beta not at full release.