Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, private pyle said:

Will be spot on once they fix the injury bug, getting an injury per game at the minute 

One of the things putting me off beginning a save at the moment. Not that I would get annoyed, it's just that any changes such as this will need a new save

Might as well wait a few more days now

Edited by bboy

Too many penalties, goals originating from throw ins, set pieces and the second ball of set pieces, Crossing seems unbalanced and dribbling feels too easy.

The tactical additions are good, I'm especially enjoying being able to adjust the line of confrontation but the game feels like caricature football, too arcade and akin to Ultimate Team, not realistic and tense football.

Edited by Fosse

Last Friday, after a night out, I got home and decided to preorder it because I was feeling great and was eager to get a taste of 19(I'm done with 18) since I loved everything I was reading and seeing, downloaded it, set up my gaffer, picked a club, etc, 15-30 minutes later, it crashes, I thought, okay, it's beta, it's late, I'll try again in the morning. To make a long story short, I've tried every day since with the same result. I was excited to see in the hotfix that general stability issues have been fixed, I'm still trying with the same result and it appears a number of threads have been closed(under tech support and other areas). I have faith that there will be a stable version by release(never experienced anything like this before with SI - but I worry my love is blind - lol), but maybe I'm missing something since I don't read these boards daily like I used to? Any and all help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Edited by | reo

6 minutes ago, | reo said:

Last Friday, after a night out, I got home and decided to preorder it because I was feeling great and was eager to get a taste of 19(I'm done with 18) since I loved everything I was reading and seeing, downloaded it, set up my gaffer, picked a club, etc, 15-30 minutes later, it crashes, I thought, okay, it's beta, it's late, I'll try again in the morning. To make a long story short, I've tried every day since with the same result. I was excited to see in the hotfix that general stability issues have been fixed, I'm still trying with the same result and it appears a number of threads have been closed(under tech support and other areas). I have faith that there will be a stable version by release(never experienced anything like this before with SI - but I worry my love is blind - lol), but maybe I'm missing something since I don't read these boards daily like I used to? Any and all help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Log it in Bugs section with a description of whats happening

29 minutes ago, | reo said:

The only way to be sure is to let SI take a look at your case. Have a read of the pinned threads to see what's required from your side, info wise, and then open a thread.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/617-crashes-technical-issues/

Have to say I'm really enjoying the ME - good variety of goals, especially from distance (at last - they actually go in/hit the target!). Good to see swerve on the ball now too.

I feel like I see my system being played out in front of me - it's not a big change to the ME, looks fine tuned but it's ticking the box for me. The only thing I would say is that direct freekicks, vastly under-powered in 18 may be slightly overpowered in this edition - still, very satisfying watching one fly in to the top corner!

Edited by Kingstontom88

10 hours ago, akkm said:

I hear you on the proving a negative thing

However, whoscored has an actual definition of how they define a cross.

I've just checked their crosses per game for this season against premierleague.com website and by team they correspond with every team bar everton and brighton which are just out by 1 each. So 18 of the 20 teams it is precisely the same crosses/game for whoscored and the premierleague.com website

So that suggests whoscored definition of a 'cross' is consistent with the official premier leagues. 

One can therefore conclude that with a consistent definition of what a cross is their assists from crossing will stack up as its an assist from how they define a cross.

By having a clear and consistent definition of a cross whoscored data relating to number of crosses and assists from crosses can be accepted. That they have a large number of assists bunged in to an 'other' category is academic to the exercise of establishing assists from crosses...and we know that because there is a very CLEAR definition of a cross by whoscored

it's not like crosses/game and cross assists are off by few %. then a clear definition of a cross would actually metter. crosses/game can be off by as much as 300% probably even more. i have shown a pic where AI fullback had 28 crosses which is double the amount of avarage PL team. as has been mentioned the actual time of avarage match is some 55-60 minutes, which meens some 60 or 70 crosses per game would phisically be impossibile not to mention there is nothing alse going on then crossing.

tactics that include 4 roles set to cross often do just that and i don't know why AI plays inside forwards like Salah, Hazard as wingers, it wasn't like that on fm17. to me it looks like even those players who play on the same side as their preffered foot (like Sane, Gabriel, Willian) shouldn't be given winger role, since they would still play a lot to their ppms and footedness. but even bigger problem are full-backs who have tons of space in fm and very little support once they are in the final third. easy solution would be to reduce their crossing to mixed on all attacking mentalities. better fix would be their team-mates offer more support like IFs and CMs, also wide forwards on attack duty surely don't help this crossing issue, since they do nothing in defense. having 3 such players (FC, AML, AMR) is too much for any defense.

Some statistics after my first season in League 1

Final standings didn't throw up many surprises, apart from the fact we ended up overachieving after a poor start:

image.thumb.png.c052eb7012e48fde5d712f5f7b45785b.png

Primary tactic developed over the season ended up like this:

image.thumb.png.b0e1dd93175513e553cf74c418d70260.png

My instinct tell me that goals from corners were high:

image.thumb.png.069466ef23f62d7b1c1357c1e08b8498.png

Pretty happy with the number of direct free kicks scored in the division:

image.thumb.png.0e53440260a6d65aa4e455afa0c55236.png

I'm no statistician, but that feels like a lot of penalties awarded:

image.thumb.png.2bfe6184a357489650df8509468ba436.png

Chance conversion rates look pretty accurate:

image.thumb.png.b0fca10f9fe31c63cef4b78f792ec2b7.png

after watching AI games from my save I would say more than 80% of AI goals come from crosses, tap ins from crosses and so called cut-backs which are probably not counted as a cross but infact it should.  this game is unplayble for me, i can't understand it fm17 needed jus a few tweaks...i'm totally disapointed. 

hace 4 minutos, Mitja dijo:

after watching AI games from my save I would say more than 80% of AI goals come from crosses, tap ins from crosses and so called cut-backs which are probably not counted as a cross but infact it should.  this game is unplayble for me, i can't understand it fm17 needed jus a few tweaks...i'm totally disapointed. 

yes, this game is unplayble for me too. Update ME please!!!!

1 hour ago, kosecki99 said:

Min 60....19 shots to goal????. A team of second división vs Top team??. Cpu team defends very badly. This is Unplayable!!!

Si, please….fix this!!

FM19.jpg

You'll need to provide PKMs to SI for them to look into this. A screenshot isn't enough to investigate what is going on here. 

https://community.sigames.com/forum/642-match-engine/

7 minutes ago, Mitja said:

In my game it's about 40% crosses, 40% through balls and 20% other areas. This is based on stats from the game, not conjecture. If you think there's an issue, raise a bug report with a copy of your save for SI to investigate. 

1 hour ago, kosecki99 said:

Min 60....19 shots to goal????. A team of second división vs Top team??. Cpu team defends very badly. This is Unplayable!!!

Si, please….fix this!!

FM19.jpg

Fix what? You're drawing 0-0 at home to a stronger side in what I imagine must be a pre-season friendly. The team I support once beat a team from 2 leagues above us 6-2 in a pre-season friendly. And we ended up relegated that season. From that one screenshot alone, there is nothing to 'fix'. 

37 minutes ago, fmFutbolManager said:

In my game it's about 40% crosses, 40% through balls and 20% other areas. This is based on stats from the game, not conjecture. If you think there's an issue, raise a bug report with a copy of your save for SI to investigate. 

i can get my team to play something that resembles football but not sure if the same could be said for AI.  

15 minutes ago, Mitja said:

there are far worse bugs in this game than injuries.

I'd disagree with you there. I'm 1,5 season in and I still haven't had a full competitive game without at least one red injury substitution. It's very common with 2-3 injuries per match.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

players asking for new contracts is crazy.  robertson being paid 50000 a week now wants 250000 a week. hes not even anywhere newar the best player at liverpool no way would a lb whos getting average ratings ask their wages to go from 50000 to 250000

It's in part dependent on what other players in the squad are earning, partly on what other similar players in the league are paid and then there are other factors such as his reputation, how well he's played etc.

Bear in mind just because he's asked for that high amount, doesn't mean that's the only amount he'll accept. 

3 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

players asking for new contracts is crazy.  robertson being paid 50000 a week now wants 250000 a week. hes not even anywhere newar the best player at liverpool no way would a lb whos getting average ratings ask their wages to go from 50000 to 250000

Luke shaw got given best part of that IRL. Have you actually tried negotiating him down to at least south of Luke Shaw? Go on, bet you can.

its still not real, yeah ive got him down but hes the 2nd best paid rb in the world now. no player would ask for 250000 from 50000 ! doesnt matter what you say and if luke shaw wanted that in rl why is he paid 110k a week ? it would have made him the 3rd highest paid def in the world. defenders dont get paid that much you can tell that from the game if you filter the defenders and their wages 

16 minutes ago, Karnack said:

I'd disagree with you there. I'm 1,5 season in and I still haven't had a full competitive game without at least one red injury substitution. It's very common with 2-3 injuries per match.

And I'd disagree with you :)

I'm now only 6 competitive games into my first season, but so far I've had only one red injury substitution.  Maybe it's worse on higher levels, dunno?

Edited by Mikke

3 minutes ago, Mikke said:

And I'd disagree with you :)

I'm now only 6 competitive games into my first season, but so far I've had only one red injury substitution.  Maybe it's worse on higher levels, dunno?

Yup, it's been confirmed that some leagues are worse than others. EPL being one of the worst as far as I can tell :)

3 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Yup, it's been confirmed that some leagues are worse than others. EPL being one of the worst as far as I can tell :)

Ok, sorry, I had missed that it's already been confirmed.

Anyway, I think I have seen more small injuries than in FM18, but almost all of those have been "can play through injury" type, so I haven't really seen that as a problem. But combining that to the much more demanding training on higher league levels, maybe there really is a problem there.

31 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

another bug trent playing regularly for england  and then getting called up for the under 21s. wouldnt happen 

That's happened a few times in real life. Oliver Burke went from regular in Scotland squads to sitting on the U21 bench.

20 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

its still not real, yeah ive got him down but hes the 2nd best paid rb in the world now. no player would ask for 250000 from 50000 ! doesnt matter what you say and if luke shaw wanted that in rl why is he paid 110k a week ? it would have made him the 3rd highest paid def in the world. defenders dont get paid that much you can tell that from the game if you filter the defenders and their wages 

Van Djik is just shy of £200k a week. Robertson probably agreed his £50k a week deal when he joined Liverpool.

Robertson sees Van Djiks wages and how they both play as much as each other, looks around and sees that the only comparable backs in the world are all too expensive to buy and chances his arm with a huge demand to see how high he can negotiate. It seems totally believable. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's happened a few times in real life. Oliver Burke went from regular in Scotland squads to sitting on the U21 bench.

Van Djik is just shy of £200k a week. Robertson probably agreed his £50k a week deal when he joined Liverpool.

Robertson sees Van Djiks wages and how they both play as much as each other, looks around and sees that the only comparable backs in the world are all too expensive to buy and chances his arm with a huge demand to see how high he can negotiate. It seems totally believable. 

its only happened if he gets dropped not when hes still the regular rb for england then it doesnt happen.

van dijk i son 180000 a week and i hardly think trent thinks hes of that standard yet. if that were the case you would have everyone asking for more money at every club. van dijk has earned his wage and trent is still young so still has a lot to learn 

I'm in the EPL and I've had an acceptable level of injuries so far.

The bug(s) that I am quite disappointed to see that have clearly reoccurred are the game-killing network game bugs that (if they are not fixed) we would have had on 3 consecutive releases (minimum)! Getting to be a joke now. I'm sorry it's just very difficult for me to understand how you can have the same major bugs for 3 releases in a row?

I really hope it can be fixed by release.

For those who don't know what I'm referring to:

Edited by Vicz

13 minutes ago, Vicz said:

I'm in the EPL and I've had an acceptable level of injuries so far.

The bug(s) that I am quite disappointed to see that have clearly reoccurred are the game-killing network game bugs that (if they are not fixed) we would have had on 3 consecutive releases (minimum)! Getting to be a joke now. I'm sorry it's just very difficult for me to understand how you can have the same major bugs for 3 releases in a row?

I really hope it can be fixed by release

It won't be much solace, but clearly it's one of two things

• It's something that isn't easily fixed, and has never been reliably fixed enough to be a release candidate
  • It's been logged (because everything is) but it's considering to be too low a priority compared to everything else that they've never dedicated enough time to fully fix it

My money's on option 2, and I'd also add to that that the longer issues like that hang around without being touched, the less likely they are to ever get touched.  That's purely personal opinion though, nothing about how SI will deal with it.  I regularly see tickets where I work that were raised years and years previously, to the point they make little sense now.  They'll likely never be touched, either because they've been fixed elsewhere or just ceased to be an issue.  That's not what's happening here, as it's clearly still not working, but kind of the same thing. 

The view from the fence, I'd imagine network game player numbers are far, far dwarfed by single players. It's easy to see why network game bugs don't get concentrated on.  Isn't really what you'd want to hear, but I imagine it isn't far from the truth.

7 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It won't be much solace, but clearly it's one of two things

• It's something that isn't easily fixed, and has never been reliably fixed enough to be a release candidate
  • It's been logged (because everything is) but it's considering to be too low a priority compared to everything else that they've never dedicated enough time to fully fix it

My money's on option 2, and I'd also add to that that the longer issues like that hang around without being touched, the less likely they are to ever get touched.  That's purely personal opinion though, nothing about how SI will deal with it.  I regularly see tickets where I work that were raised years and years previously, to the point they make little sense now.  They'll likely never be touched, either because they've been fixed elsewhere or just ceased to be an issue.  That's not what's happening here, as it's clearly still not working, but kind of the same thing. 

The view from the fence, I'd imagine network game player numbers are far, far dwarfed by single players. It's easy to see why network game bugs don't get concentrated on.  Isn't really what you'd want to hear, but I imagine it isn't far from the truth.

I think you underestimate the amount of people that play network mode but ok, let's assume you're right. The 1 out of the 2 of those that makes the game really unplayable is the changing results bug. SI manage to fix that bug every year. I really don't understand how they just can't release a game where that is fixed. 

Funnily enough I actually think it's more likely option 1.

2 minutes ago, Vicz said:

I think you underestimate the amount of people that play network mode but ok, let's assume you're right. The 1 out of the 2 of those that makes the game really unplayable is the changing results bug. SI manage to fix that bug every year. I really don't understand how they just can't release a game where that is fixed. 

Neither of us really know for sure, I'm only going by experience of doing this kind of stuff, and the fact that it hasn't been fixed.  Both scenarios are more likely than just plain "forgot about it lol" incompetence.

And I have no idea on the relative numbers between online and offline play, but I'd be amazed if they were even close.  You say you can't understand why they'd release it if this particular bug wasn't fixed, but whether it's hypothetical option 1 or hypothetical option 2, I wouldn't understand the opposite of them not releasing the game until they fix something like this.  The fact that they don't usually release online play in the beta should show you that they don't consider it part of the core game.  Hence, not as important as the main core.  Hence, they'll have "more important" issues to be concentrating on.

5 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Neither of us really know for sure, I'm only going by experience of doing this kind of stuff, and the fact that it hasn't been fixed.  Both scenarios are more likely than just plain "forgot about it lol" incompetence.

And I have no idea on the relative numbers between online and offline play, but I'd be amazed if they were even close.  You say you can't understand why they'd release it if this particular bug wasn't fixed, but whether it's hypothetical option 1 or hypothetical option 2, I wouldn't understand the opposite of them not releasing the game until they fix something like this.  The fact that they don't usually release online play in the beta should show you that they don't consider it part of the core game.  Hence, not as important as the main core.  Hence, they'll have "more important" issues to be concentrating on.

They could be honest and just release the single player version of the game. Release the network version when it's actually playable. Nobody's saying eradicate every single bug before you release the game.

8 minutes ago, Vicz said:

They could be honest and just release the single player version of the game. Release the network version when it's actually playable.

Yeeeah...that just isn't going to happen, is it?  Nothing "dishonest" about it.

9 minutes ago, Vicz said:

Nobody's saying eradicate every single bug before you release the game.

Just this one, because it affects you?  A fine personal viewpoint to have, but doesn't really work for the majority, does it?

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Yeeeah...that just isn't going to happen, is it?  Nothing "dishonest" about it.

Just this one, because it affects you?  A fine personal viewpoint to have, but doesn't really work for the majority, does it?

Why can't it happen? If the single game mode is as dominate as you suggest why can't they just release that on it's own? There is a shade of dishonesty in releasing a game mode you know has a known bug that renders it unplayable.

You're acting like I'm being self-centered but I'd 100% flip that on you. The bug I am talking about literally renders the game mode useless. It's not a minor bug. You're essentially saying since not many people play that mode (including yourself I imagine) I shouldn't moan about it? Or be flabbergasted that it has been an issue for the last 3 releases? 

Disclaimer to all I've said: I understand this is a beta and that finding bugs is what this is all about. It's still alarming that a beta is needed to catch a bug as well known as this one.

52 minutes ago, Vicz said:

Jeez that still happens? Had that bug as far back as i can remember, many more than 3 years. Cant talk for the wider numbers, maybe forameuss is correct that network players are low. My brother for instance will not buy the game whilst network play is broken. I was on the brink but stuck with fm vs console and manage to revive my interest in single player game. 

2 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

How on earth can you possibly pretend to know what conversations players and managers have in real life?