Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Everyone has spent their money in the first window. Not sure why you would expect to offload high earners then.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You''re not really getting this are you? When the game starts, the majority of sides have already spent most of their wage budgets for the season. It doesn't matter if you offer a top player for nothing if the other team can't afford his wages. The transfer system tends to open up a bit from the 2nd season onwards. 

I’m not an idiot I get that. But if teams haven’t got the money then why does the game say there are 10 teams who want a player?? On previous games if the player was on huge wages or too expensive he’d just have no interest or you’d field cheap offers. My point is this no longer happens 

2 minutes ago, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

I’m not an idiot I get that. But if teams haven’t got the money then why does the game say there are 10 teams who want a player?? On previous games if the player was on huge wages or too expensive he’d just have no interest or you’d field cheap offers. My point is this no longer happens 

Because these teams are adding these players to their shortlist. I'm sure you add players to your list that you can't afford during the season you're in. 

29 minutes ago, Deano565 said:

Are we expecting another hotfix in the next couple of days? Unfortunately regular crashes are preventing me from playing currently.

There are a ton of issues, I fear SI will wait for the vanilla.

meantime for many of us the beta is dead. Silly, here we have a pre alpha.

I'm quite a few matches in now (tricky start with PSG as key players on extended hols lol). Having got familiar with tactics, got things working and playing good football after a rocky start, I'm now paying more attention to other aspects of the game.

A couple of very positive observations:

- I'm new to "dynamics" as I skipped FM18. This, in combination with the new mentoring groups system, is absolutely perfect and really lends the "manager" towards proper long-term management, developing a culture and so on. This is going to be so so good for long-term saves, and likely short-term issues as well. This is a masterstroke from SI - they really have been thinking about the development of this game.

- Training, I'm leaving it to my assistant manager for the most part for now. I don't see a need to be hands on (unless you want to) - again its management. After a couple of months I released my Assistant because, in line with his attributes etc. his training sessions were boring! Got a new one in that fitted the shape and style I wanted, and lo and behold he's doing the kind of sessions I would want him to with these players. So, my point being its now much more obvious how you have influence, without micro-managing

I know many have been concerned about the depth of the game being overwhelming but, get your recruitment decisions right, its actually easier than ever to just step back and focus on the areas you need to in this version of FM. :)

image.thumb.png.abb717a78c5983a617c4a884be239bd2.png

Chopped it small but I am playing as Everton, this is for a 12.45 ko, I am guessing away games don't take distance into account, to my mind there is at least 2 sessions if not 3 totally wasted for a 60mile trip. Not complaining, just found it amusing a little annoying.:D

Just now, Boomer Ang said:

There are a ton of issues, I fear SI will wait for the vanilla.

meantime for many of us the beta is dead. Silly, here we have a pre alpha.

The aim of this is to get the main release ready. If you thought this was about anything else, that's entirely on you. 

Every year people still don't understand the concept of the beta release. It's mass stress testing in numbers SI simply don't have

30 minutes ago, Alwaysbuymbappe said:

Funny you’ve said that I’m arsenal and Trying to shift miki. He’s got 10 clubs who are apparently majorly interested but nobody bids. Xhaka is worth 40 mil but could only get 15mill for him and five mill for welbeck. So unrealistic. I don’t rate xhaka but you’d get at least 20-25 mill for him in today’s market. 

Human players can be sold only for peanuts or not at all like Ozil.

AI players are rated even 250M.

I think a virus spread among devs pcs, that’t the only logic explanation 

9 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The aim of this is to get the main release ready. If you thought this was about anything else, that's entirely on you. 

Every year people still don't understand the concept of the beta release. It's mass stress testing in numbers SI simply don't have

Betas are supposed to have bugs, they are not supposed to be unplayable. 14 heavy injuries average and 2-4 injuries per match make this beta unplayable, at least for some of us.

Edited by Boomer Ang

25 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Everyone has spent their money in the first window. Not sure why you would expect to offload high earners then.

They dont bid because they are interested but cant match the players wages. 

This is certainly true for many clubs, though not all.  United have bought Silva from Leicester on day 1 or day 2 of the save in each of the four saves I've started, and City have bought Julian Weigl.  Summer business isn't reflected in first-window budgets.  There are a fair few clubs with the resources to buy high-earning players; whether they're good matches for particular dudes like Xhaka or Welbeck is another matter.

1 minute ago, Boomer Ang said:

Betas are supposed to have bugs, they are not supposed to be unplayable. 14 heavy injuries average and 2-4 injuries per match make this beta unplayable, at least for some of us.

So just start your save over and keep messing with stuff.  It's a beta.  The reason it exists is the Report Bug button down there at the bottom of the UI.

4 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

This is certainly true for many clubs, though not all.  United have bought Silva from Leicester on day 1 or day 2 of the save in each of the four saves I've started, and City have bought Julian Weigl.  Summer business isn't reflected in first-window budgets.  There are a fair few clubs with the resources to buy high-earning players; whether they're good matches for particular dudes like Xhaka or Welbeck is another matter.

United are one of the exceptions to the rule, and one of the few clubs who could buy Ozil, but they are actually pretty stacked in the AM department. CM is a slightly different matter. They pick up Silva because he's got very good ratings, perhaps too high tbh. Weigl is a player often on City (again, another exception to the rule) shortlist, as he was in real life. Summer business is reflected in the finances of the clubs. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

United are one of the exceptions to the rule, and one of the few clubs who could buy Ozil, but they are actually pretty stacked in the AM department. CM is a slightly different matter. They pick up Silva because he's got very good ratings, perhaps too high tbh. Weigl is a player often on City shortlist, as he was in real life. Summer business is reflected in the finances of the clubs. 

Is it not also the case that teams will start with a shortlist hardcoded, eg in almost every save I've watched online, De Light moves to Chelsea? 

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

So just start your save over and keep messing with stuff.  It's a beta.  The reason it exists is the Report Bug button down there at the bottom of the UI.

Nope sorry, no fun fiddling with such insane amount of injuries, with unsellable players, with a gazillion of players in need of a rest on October and many other huge walls.

I thought it was a beta, not a coded dll which is an impenetrable rock of huge problems  

3 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

No it isnt!!! Its a bug... SI have confirmed its a bug!! 

Having 16 long term injuries at once is almost certainly, at least to some extent, the fault of the user. 

EDIT - Also, I almost 100% guarantee if he uploaded his save, within a month, I'd have the same amount of injuries I've got in my own save. Now there's a challenge, willing to accept @Boomer Ang

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

United are one of the exceptions to the rule, and one of the few clubs who could buy Ozil, but they are actually pretty stacked in the AM department. CM is a slightly different matter. They pick up Silva because he's got very good ratings, perhaps too high tbh. Weigl is a player often on City shortlist, as he was in real life. Summer business is reflected in the finances of the clubs.  

It is reflected in the finances but not in the budgets.  Clubs with lots of reserve cash effectively double up on the first transfer window.  This is why the option to disable budgets in that window exists.

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

As much as there might be an issue with injuries to some extent, to have that many is pretty much your fault I'm afraid. 

If you could reach these insane injuries levels on purpose please share the way, I think even on purpose you can’t

can you do it on purpose ? 

I didn’t tweaked the game, I simply played it more or less like I do since FM 2008 or so

4 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Speaking of what SI have confirmed, they've confirmed that there are fewer injuries in training than real life.  Match injuries are high, but not omg all the time a cruciate tear high without bizarre work from the user.

Just now, Boomer Ang said:

If you could reach these insane injuries levels on purpose please share the way, I think even on purpose you can’t

I didn’t tweaked the game, I simply played it more or less like I do since FM 2008 or so

See my edit above. 

19 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Chopped it small but I am playing as Everton, this is for a 12.45 ko, I am guessing away games don't take distance into account, to my mind there is at least 2 sessions if not 3 totally wasted for a 60mile trip. Not complaining, just found it amusing a little annoying.:D

Early ko, all the more reason to get your players settled there the night before. You don't want your players on a coach or driving running into traffic delays before the game. As for asking your players to train straight after the game, good luck with that ;)

Just now, Sunstrikuuu said:

It is reflected in the finances but not in the budgets.  Clubs with lots of reserve cash effectively double up on the first transfer window.  This is why the option to disable budgets in that window exists.

Yes, I said finances. And few clubs have huge cash reserves. Even United take a big dent covering 350k a week in wages for Ozil, ignoring transfer fees, and whether he's even desired

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Having 16 long term injuries at once is almost certainly, at least to some extent, the fault of the user. 

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Tbf, you're both probably right. It's really not that straightforward. Match injuries are high, but training looks low. So you can easily be being double hit, or suffering nothing at all

No... Its a bug. 100% bug. Not user fault at all... I told you my coaching setup, and ass man doing training (same as you) and i also dont play any players under 95% match fit. Its within minutes of a match several players stretchered off... Game after game. 

When you get the bug you will understand... Until then just accept it as SI have confirmed it. If theyd disputed it... I would be looking at my setup and either put it down to bad luck or that i need to micro manager training... But its affecting hundreds of users with a host of bug reports logged. 

Not having injuries is not a sign of your skill... You dont even manage the training... Its luck and also maybe a bug to have extremely few.

4 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

This is a beta and SI will be working on it.

Its not so easy for them as simply turning the "injury risk dial" down. They will need to find out exactly WHY injuries are OTT and this could be any number of reasons.

Again, its a beta, its not meant to be perfect, we're mass-testing it and providing feedback.

Btw I've had excessive match injuries as well - that's why my Beta save isn't my planned long-term save because I expected issues, as well as my own mistakes in jumping from FM17 to FM19.

Edited by Lord Rowell

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Not having injuries is not a sign of your skill.... Its luck and also maybe a bug to have extremely few.

It's easily proven, why don't you upload one of your saves where you're getting loads of injuries and see if I also get them. 

Sorry, For long terms injuries I meant an injury which takes more than a week. Anyway 14-16 aree too much.

many guys have posted screenshots about that, we are not a few.

my trainings are managed by the AM and my tactic is wide players with average settings and I never play guys  under 90%

am I guilty ? 

Edited by Boomer Ang

7 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

This is a beta and SI will be working on it.

Its not so easy for them as simply turning the "injury risk dial" down. They will need to find out exactly WHY injuries are OTT and this could be any number of reasons.

Again, its a beta, its not meant to be perfect, we're mass-testing it and providing feedback.

Btw I've had excessive match injuries as well - that's why my Beta save isn't my planned long-term save because I expected issues, as well as my own mistakes in jumping from FM17 to FM19.

Ok I agree, it makes sense but being the beta saves compatible with the vanilla I really hoped I could start my save.

instead I am on thr forum moaning because I am obliged to the opposite :(

Edited by Boomer Ang

It's easily proven, why don't you upload one of your saves where you're getting loads of injuries and see if I also get them. 

Because SI have confirmed lol.. I dont need you to check it. Just accept it....its ruining a lot of peoples games so keep saying its user error is demeaning. Its beta, i get that... I use the beta for what it is which is why i already have multiple saves using multiple tactic styles. I offered seb the save and the match where i had 5 players stretchered... He said it was already accepted and being worked on. Its only you that doesnt accept it... And probably @Cougar2010 if he was still around. 

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Distance is indeed taken into account. Top level teams almost exclusively travel the day before a game.

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Because SI have confirmed lol.. I dont need you to check it. Just accept it....its ruining a lot of peoples games so keep saying its user error is demeaning. Its beta, i get that... I use the beta for what it is which is why i already have multiple saves using multiple tactic styles. I offered seb the save and the match where i had 5 players stretchered... He said it was already accepted and being worked on. Its only you that doesnt accept it... And probably @Cougar2010 if he was still around. 

I’ll second you 

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Because SI have confirmed lol.. I dont need you to check it. Just accept it....its ruining a lot of peoples games so keep saying its user error is demeaning. 

What I'm saying is that people still need to accept that excessive injuries can also be down to the user, rather than simply hide behind whatever bug they may or may not have found. 

• SI Staff
18 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yes, not sure it's hardcoded, thats one for @Seb Wassell but they will have their preferences and needs

No hard coding. But if Chelsea have a square hole and De Ligt is a square peg, it's gonna fit.

17 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Early ko, all the more reason to get your players settled there the night before. You don't want your players on a coach or driving running into traffic delays before the game. As for asking your players to train straight after the game, good luck with that ;)

Get what your saying, my point is could rest after my att corner training, travel after that, match preview morning of match to me fresher in minds of the players, travel after match, then next day, match review + recovery, I have had them back in next for training after a not bad defeat and they were ok with(few pages back in this topic). I realise I'm nit picking and this would only work with local ish matches.

sorry to tag you seb but you replied while I was replying to Lord rowell, also could you check my post couple pages back about a staff attribute change to see if I need to report it, or did I make a booboo

@Seb Wassell

Edited by toffee71
to tag seb sorry

55 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You''re not really getting this are you? When the game starts, the majority of sides have already spent most of their wage budgets for the season. It doesn't matter if you offer a top player for nothing if the other team can't afford his wages. The transfer system tends to open up a bit from the 2nd season onwards. 

Is this a new thing? In 18 you could flog everyone for silly money. I could get £50m for Sturridge and £30m for Ings.

4 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Ok I agree, it makes sense but being the beta saves compatible with the vanilla I really hoped I could start my save.

instead I am on thr forum moaning because I am obliged to the opposite :(

I understand it can be disappointing from that point of view, but that's the way it is.

I always start by managing a big team I don't really care about that much (PSG at present) as best way to understand ME IMHO is to use good players who can implement your instructions. Then of course allow for Beta bugs.

My Sunderland save will wait :)

1 minute ago, Lord Rowell said:

I understand it can be disappointing from that point of view, but that's the way it is.

I always start by managing a big team I don't really care about that much (PSG at present) as best way to understand ME IMHO is to use good players who can implement your instructions. Then of course allow for Beta bugs.

My Sunderland save will wait :)

I would be playing now but I can’t therefore a challenge 

who can sell Ozil, even for free, has a beer paid by me, devs included.

in the first year, then I do not know

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

sorry to tag you seb but you replied while I was replying to Lord rowell, also could you check my post couple pages back about a staff attribute change to see if I need to report it, or did I make a booboo

@Seb Wassell

Could you post that again for me please?

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Could you post that again for me please?

I just noticed similar with a goalkeeper coach (jani paananen) had in 19s in staff search hired him few weeks later checked my coaching and only 2 stars, so checked it out and now he only has 13s, can't fire him because he's just signed fortunately board request allowed another coach but for now I have wasted a valuable coaching spot. Should I report this a as bug?