Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

Sometimes during a game the widget to make subs or change tactics is greyed out.

I had an injury in the 53rd minute where the player had to go off, I made the change and then the widget was greyed out for the rest of the game. 

It seems to happen only when you have to sub a player off due to injury. 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, XaW said:

I've got 52% fewer injuries than expected, and I'm in late April now. I wonder if this has something to do with the lower leagues vs higher levels.

@Seb Wassell: Sorry to tag you, but I posted about the lack of injuries in lower leagues (semi-pro) in the FM18 Beta as well, if I don't remember wrong. Were that ever changed? I've had ZERO training injuries the whole season, and I find that quite unlikely...

image.thumb.png.2b1bcdcf7031ecbce3f8cb862dc0efd2.png

That does look pretty unlikely. Will investigate. Cheers.

21 minuti fa, sedge11 ha scritto:

He has acceleration of 16 and pace of 15, that’s pretty good attributes.

Did you give them any evidence to suggest he should quicker?

Ok that highlights don't mean much but more than that I can't do :D 
Anyways today I read that at this point if researchers upgrade some attribute they have to decrease others and since imo Cancelo is underrated even for other things is better he stays like this or would be more unrealistic

5 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Anyways today I read that at this point if researchers upgrade some attribute they have to decrease others and since imo Cancelo is underrated even for other things is better he stays like this or would be more unrealistic

It's hard to judge from the video as he's most playing against Serie A garbage.

player feedback on training doesnt seem to be right. a few dont like what they are working on. like keita who isnt great at passing and he still has stars left for potential so you train his passing and he doesnt like what he is working on? seems the same for most players who you put on individual training they never like it 

2 minuti fa, dannysheard ha scritto:

It's hard to judge from the video as he's most playing against Serie A garbage.

OK.. 
Btw even garbage players can be fast :D I didn't get your point except provoke of course 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

player feedback on training doesnt seem to be right. a few dont like what they are working on. like keita who isnt great at passing and he still has stars left for potential so you train his passing and he doesnt like what he is working on? seems the same for most players who you put on individual training they never like it 

People aren't always keen on extra work outside of hours. This may suggest that he thinks his passing is good enough or that his professionalism is not the highest. If you think this is in error please do open up a post in our bugs section.

13 hours ago, smithybulls said:

Can't say I've noticed a big problem with injuries at the moment, admittedly I've not played it as much as I'd like! I've not messed around with training or anything yet, could it be training schedules coupled with high intensity tactics? Just thinking out loud.

Overall, absolutely loving the game this year. Like many have said the ME actually seems responsive to tactical changes. Was frustrated at the beginning but soon realised it was my choice of tactics.

I\ve noticed it as well. Am checking to see if there is anyone else before filing a report. 

Really hope they fix Injuries 

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 4.50.44 PM.png

Edited by Amarante

ai seems incapable of doing anything when you play them. played all the top sides and they hardly get a shot in. even when ive got the dreaded injury after 3 subs so down to 10 men they didnt do anything all game. wierd one as well they brought on a midfielder and then subbed him off 3 mins later?? no injury or anything so  really wierd. im also playing as atalanta and the had lost virtually every match and then i played inter who were 3rd and inter hardly got a sniff and we won 3 nil ?? something just isnt right 

59 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Everyone in this thread that watch serie A can tell you that he is faster

35 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

So you didn't really offer them any proper evidence that he needs to be quicker than the 16 and 15 he has for his attributes, as that youtube video doesn't really show that he should be quicker at all, and you wonder why you didn't get a reply.

Your basing it on your opinion and nothing more just because your a Juve fan.

10 minuti fa, sedge11 ha scritto:

So you didn't really offer them any proper evidence that he needs to be quicker than the 16 and 15 he has for his attributes, as that youtube video doesn't really show that he should be quicker at all, and you wonder why you didn't get a reply.

Your basing it on your opinion and nothing more just because your a Juve fan.

Did I have to carry Cancelo in person in front the researcher? :D  
No, I never complained that I didn't get a reply for that message (I even got a warn) but that I didn't get any reply for all the mistakes in the data (no attributes changement but wrong contracts, clauses etc) that I reported. An ''Ok, I'll fix it'' wouldnt have been bad.

Sure? I almost never suggested changements for Juventus players to not be biased then wrong person. :) It's probably the second time I did. It's enough to watch a Juventus match to see he's faster. You are the one that is basing your opinion on literally nothing

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

After completing my first 24 hours (since release, not in one sitting) with my MK Dons save a few thoughts on my experience.

I think this version has knocked previous editions out of the park. I have yet to spend much time on training but have just taken over the individual training schedules of my players. The 'purple' has been the real surprise and works really well. I have not one complaint and would like to thank everyone who has made FM19 as good as it is. I think you may have your work cut out next year to improve on it!

Edited by Statsarefacts
Spelling

On 19/10/2018 at 12:12, HUNT3R said:

Injury rates are at about 80% compared to real life, so you should see fewer injuries in FM compared to real life.

Struggling to sell players will depend on a lot of factors. Typically, there's not much activity in the first (and maybe even the January) transfer window, because most teams have already spent their money IRL and have settled squads. Then there's also rep and wages being paid, the player's interest in moving to the club interested in him etc. 

Can you help me also why I can not learn a new position to a player? I played one year with real and I tried to learn Asensio to play as inside forward in the right side but I can't..why...?why after one month the position change withoutme?

I have found the training feedback to be just showing the same few players every week, Gomez, TAA and whatever youngster I have in my senior squad. Rarely get any proper senior players showing up as having performed really well. 

Is this more likely a case of seeing much more improvement in the youngsters as they have more growth overall? 

1 minute ago, Stevicus said:

I have found the training feedback to be just showing the same few players every week, Gomez, TAA and whatever youngster I have in my senior squad. Rarely get any proper senior players showing up as having performed really well. 

Is this more likely a case of seeing much more improvement in the youngsters as they have more growth overall? 

This was my experience in the first save I tried - Emile Smith-Rowe and Eddie Nketiah were always at 9+, and one of those two (or Alex Iwobi one time) was the top performer in training.

On 21/10/2018 at 22:41, Sw1 said:

Was avid poster on these forums in the CM01/02 days. But largely lost faith in this series last few years. FM15 being the last release I actually enjoyed playing for any considerable length of time. Bit of a purist. What historically made this game addictive for me was its simplicity albeit sitting behind this simplicity was layers and layers of detail giving it substance.

Swayed by the initial burst of positive comments on Steam following the beta release I pre-ordered and decided to give it a go.

Started with Man United. Plan to do a season with United and then a season with Cardiff City to give it some perspective. Will likely begin in non-league on full release.

The game

I like the feel and flow of the game o far. Plenty of detail yet my screen doesn't feel clustered with info. Navigating between different modules is clean and smooth. Some panels do feel a bot cramped with info but overall very good.

Never been a huge fan of the player interaction and news conference features. Mainly because of the frequency of them, relevance etc. However this time round its looking good. Dynamics feature is well thought out. Im not getting a disgruntled player approach me every 5 mins. Im actually engaging with pre and post match press conferences as it just seems more relevant to the wider aspects of the game. Before it felt like an annoying side game with no real impact. Therefore Id end up leaving it all to my assistant.

Tactics feature is working well. Changes to tactics are actually noticeable on match day now. Before I felt as if the outcome was pre-determined regardless of the tactics I deployed. Tactics has always been my favourite feature of the game and I'm pleased to see development here. Can see how I can really mould a team to my tactical style on this version.

Training is great. I've not gone as far as creating my own schedules yet but have been tinkering with the pre-set schedules. Lots of potential here and most importantly I dont have that urge to just leave to my assistant and forget about it. 

Concern would be injuries. Despite all positive comments on the training I seem to always have at least a few players out injured. Not long term but more frequent than IRL I feel.

ME seems ok. Players seem a lot more responsive to instructions. I'm seeing much less stupidity ie my player taking a throw in and throwing it directly to the feet of the opposition. But not ruled out entirely ie De Gea just rolling the ball straight to Eden Hazard.. AI teams have a noticeable style of play. Be interesting to see how AI adapts to my style over time. In previous versions it felt as if over night every team suddenly learnt how to play against me and I had to change tweak things. Would like to see individual managers/teams learn my strengths and weaknesses over time.

Crossing at the moment is a concern but this may be the tactic (4-2-3-1 GegenPress) I've deployed but 75% of my goals/attacks come from crosses from the wing backs. Very little is coming through the middle but then the teams playing against me are parking the bus at times so seems logical to go wide. I've got my AML and AMR as inside forwards encouraged to run at the defence which is opening up a lot of space for the overlap. But doesn't feel quite right. I need to play around with tactics less wing back focused to gage how big an issue this is.

My only major concern so far is have they made the game to easy?

I'm 18 PL games in with United. W16 D1 L1 F44 A8. The draw was 0-0 away at Spurs. The lose 3-1 away at Man City. In the CL I'm P6 W6 in the group stage with a group containing Bayern, Valencia, S Moscow. 

Im dominating every match. De Gea is hardly getting a look in. Lukaku has 17 goals in 13 PL starts.

I've bought Suso and Pavon. Sold Fellani.

Team morale is excellent. Management support is very good and team cohesion is very good.

You could argue that this is realistic but then you look at United IRL.

Am I just a better manager than Jose? Or is this game to easy?

I plan on starting a new season with Cardiff now just to gage the difference.

4 PL games in with Cardiff and my record is P4 W2 D1 L1. The defeat 1-0 at home to Chelsea. Playing exactly same tactic as the one used at United. Maybe I am a tactical genius... Will play until December or so and see how it plays out.

Although finding it a tad easy I have to say I'm loving this release! Addicted like the old days and its only beta! 

4 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

That does look pretty unlikely. Will investigate. Cheers.

I'm only a few games into the season with Chester in the Conference North but I didn't suffer any injuries through pre-season and have only had 3 the whole time. Two knocks to the ankle/foot which were just 2-3 day recoveries and a calf strain which is going to be a month or so. Seems low imo.

55 minutes ago, SpillBlood said:

In the last four games, I've had my goalkeeper walk out of the area twice with the ball in his hands, getting himself booked and giving a silly free kick away.  Is there any way to report this?  It seems a bit... wrong?

This is a known bug. They will fix this. 

1 hour ago, pats said:

Is someone enjoying the game because it is challenging and difficult to win or is everyone enjoying because you keep on winning and dominating every match?

This is my major concern having watched a few streamers, the game could ship with the a near perfect training system, a realistic match simulation & totally reworked media and interactions but for me this would all be meaningless if the AI managers have not received any meaningful attention which so far seems to be the case based on what I have seen.

8 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I hope that at least here I can complain, it's very sad how inaccurate is the serie A data. By now I am checking just Juventus and I found already a ton of mistakes about contracts, players in loan etc. I can't imagine about less important teams
I am very disappointed and I didn't even received a reply for the mistakes reported

Post in data issues thread. This does not seem right. 

3 hours ago, pats said:

Is someone enjoying the game because it is challenging and difficult to win or is everyone enjoying because you keep on winning and dominating every match?

I myself am terrified by what I'm seeing on the forum. The game is getting rave reviews, but if when matchday comes the AI is not challenging you, what's the point of it all?

I for one would rather bang my head against the wall a few times looking for that magical tweak that would scrape me even a boring draw away from home at one of the top sides. I want the game to be hard. Because that's when true satisfaction kicks in. 

That being said, one must give kudos for everyone at SI for making this wonderful game available for us. 

3 hours ago, pats said:

im loving the game to be fair, yes its a bit easy at the moment but its the beta you just feed back any findings and let the devs work their magic. yes there are bugs but you live with it until full release. the game is very stable for a beta just needs a bit of polishing 

4 hours ago, pats said:

I’m enjoying it because it’s been a challenge. I’m managing Pompey and was in a good 3 way fight for the title and promotion. My form at the end of the season was terrible only winning 4 out of 14 but we won our last game thanks to a 90th minute winner from Brett pitman, while Sunderland and Burton lost, which meant I won the league 1 title. So was great fun  and at times stressful when our form fell off a cliff, and now the challenge of the championship begins as Pompey don’t have much money.

Sorry for the picture quality, they are from my phone that I took last night.

Our form going into the last game.

6BF858BB-6F02-46E7-97EC-D6F00B93FFDF.thumb.jpeg.d99fb112ddcae8dbcc4b8cd75b92e265.jpeg

This was the final game. Thank god sunderland missed them penalties haha.

88312EF9-84DC-4533-9508-138A0A3E273F.thumb.jpeg.0f1a2de367b13084af65413a59d1c819.jpeg

Edited by sedge11

9 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

ai seems incapable of doing anything when you play them. played all the top sides and they hardly get a shot in. even when ive got the dreaded injury after 3 subs so down to 10 men they didnt do anything all game. wierd one as well they brought on a midfielder and then subbed him off 3 mins later?? no injury or anything so  really wierd. im also playing as atalanta and the had lost virtually every match and then i played inter who were 3rd and inter hardly got a sniff and we won 3 nil ?? something just isnt right 

Play as a poor team in Scotland's top flight. Celtic and Rangers running away in the league, both average over 10 shots a game and 60% possession. I've managed to avoid losing by 3+ goals once in the my four meetings with them so far.

As above, I'm not finding the game easy at all. Started well, had a huge dip November-February where I only won two games,  but have finally found a set up that allows me to create chances and not ship in goals. 

Had to get 7pts in 5 games to save my job and managed it in three (proper fist pumps), although I'm expecting a bug with that system that still sees me sacked.

Look like I'll end up adrift on my own in 8th (out of 12) as I'm too far away  from 7th but breaking free of 9th.

I’m mid second season with Hamburg and doing well in the Bundesliga. Loving the game so far, feels cleaner, more fluid, and tactics and training are superb. Only feedback is feels high on injuries and red cards, and maybe slightly too many penalties compared to football IRL. 

4 hours ago, Barside said:

This is my major concern having watched a few streamers, the game could ship with the a near perfect training system, a realistic match simulation & totally reworked media and interactions but for me this would all be meaningless if the AI managers have not received any meaningful attention which so far seems to be the case based on what I have seen.

Exactly my fear.  AI opponents seem to play under the old tactical settings. There is no serieus pressing,  no counter attacking etc. AI getting results against my teams is mostly through corners or throw ins or an incidental attack over the wing.

Where is the gegenpress for AI or VTT or even better fluid counter attack against our gegenpress?

The ME is very one dimensional. It represents our tactics quite well but there is not a real plan against it. All human managers will be extremely successful managing good teams.

But yeah most human players just want to win right? ;)