Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

Hi,

Ozil is listed has being MoM in Real's first friendly against SLB when he is still tied to a Contract with Arsenal that I'm managing. You can imagine my confusion as I never sold him from Arsenal and he was not in the squad for Arsenal due to him recovering from an Injury

DSC_2049.JPG

DSC_2048.JPG

Is there a possibility of reviewing sancho passing ability as well as his finishing. I don't believe his current ability showcases this. 6 assists in 8 games can't be due to passing of 12. His finishing is partially underrated as well.

IMG-20181018-WA0009.thumb.jpg.9948a6f1d9e5b34b92cf42a37d148095.jpg

3 hours ago, tawobajo said:

Hi,

Ozil is listed has being MoM in Real's first friendly against SLB when he is still tied to a Contract with Arsenal that I'm managing. You can imagine my confusion as I never sold him from Arsenal and he was not in the squad for Arsenal due to him recovering from an Injury

DSC_2049.JPG

DSC_2048.JPG

He played in Ramos' testimonial - for testimonials players that previously played for the club can come back for that one match. This is what happened here.

On 21/10/2018 at 21:54, tomlcfc said:

Mendy's injury was suffered in pre-season and should mean he misses the opening game as he did IRL.

I don't agree Chilwell is that quick. He looks quick only when he does those ridiculous runs through the middle of the pitch with massive touches that often lead to him losing possession. 14 is, IMO, a fair number right now, but I'll keep an eye on it looking ahead.

Really appreciate the time taken to reply to these; I'll take your recommendations no worries. Here's hoping though that by the mid-season updates, they've proven worthy of a little stat improvement!

9 hours ago, AFCBeer said:

I'm surprised to see Simon Francis at Bournemouth with a Jumping Reach of just 12. I appreciate this attribute is more than just about height, but if Francis is 12 then no way can Nathan Ake be 15. I think Ive seen stats showing Francis as having the highest number of headed clearances in the PL in previous seasons.

You're right, Nathan Ake (1.8m, JR 15) is way beyond the recommended maximum rating for a player of his height.

Simon Francis (1.83m, JR 12) is above average within the recommended limits. Number of headed clearances will take into account a number of attributes, like Bravery, Anticipation, Strength to fight off opposing centre forwards etc.

Would SI ever consider publishing this Jumping Reach total? Would be useful not just for those of us looking at the data but also for in-game judging e.g. whether a newgen is ever likely to be able to improve it much or is just too short.

I think one of the other researchers put the chart up in the general forum a while back. But I'm not sure what the official policy is regarding researcher documents.

19 hours ago, Arsenal71 said:

I certainly think that their Determination can do with an overhaul with 3 players with 19, 3 with 17, 4 with 16, and most others between 13-15. I would say that this one point they have not shown to the previous games this seasons with the last two league games in being the exception.

Their consistency is also very high and has not been brought down to match performances this season. These are only too things i have noticed and why they are overpowered in game.

There are also individuals who have world class attributes who do not warrant it imo. Rojo with world class tackling and marking for instance. Defensive this season they have been weak but the attributes of the defenders with very high determination, anticipation, tackling, bravery all suggest they are world class and do not leak goals and are playing superbly together. There is also an argument that their team work should be dropped and relationships with manger tweaked so that performance wise they are better reflected in game. 

MU in my beta SAVE are top by 8 pts. liverpool are 5th City 2nd Arsenal 6th Chelsea 4th, Spuds 3rd.

Pete,

Whats the Ave of the best 16 players amungst the top 6 teams in terms of consistency, workrate, team work, determination?

Whats the the ave ratings between the top 5 centre backs amungst the top 6 teams with regards to consistency, determination, positioning, tackling composure, anticipation, etc?

Ive look using the IGE and im seeing MU top of the pile.

Thanks for looking into this more. There's defo something wrong with United and there was last year as well. I'd agree with your findings, I'm 27 games in, they are 8 points clear and they have conceded 9 goals. 2nd best is Arsenal (me) with 20. IMO they have no world class defenders (conceded 16 so far this RL season, more than rock bottom Newcastle), yet they seem to be unbeatable at the back on the game.

I think "Tries long range passes" or "Switches ball to the other flank" should be ticked on Neves. His passing range is unbelievable game after game, and FM should reflect that.

Adama Traore should have "Runs with ball more often"

Willy Boly should have "Brings the ball out from defense" or whatever that trait from last year is. He's a fantastic CB but he's got a great passing range and does start many of our play from the back. I also believe he should have +1 on Marking, Acceleration and Pace. From watching him on a weekly basis, I really do believe he's way faster than the game reflects, and I did bring this up on last year's beta. He's a rapid player, which shows when he breaks forward from Wolves' defense. He's got long legs so his strides are massive. His marking should be higher because he's played against some top strikers already, and kept them well quiet. I understand I might be a little biased, but just my thoughts! lol

I also think Conor Coady should have "Stays back at all times" ticked. He never ever goes up for corners, since he's our sweeper. And I do believe he should be familiar with the "Libero" role.

That is all I have to offer for now. Looking forward to the response :)

41 minutes ago, ADChick said:

Thanks for looking into this more. There's defo something wrong with United and there was last year as well. I'd agree with your findings, I'm 27 games in, they are 8 points clear and they have conceded 9 goals. 2nd best is Arsenal (me) with 20. IMO they have no world class defenders (conceded 16 so far this RL season, more than rock bottom Newcastle), yet they seem to be unbeatable at the back on the game.

They have no world class defenders in FM.

Of course, they don't have the worst defenders in the division either, as despite protestations from certain users the researcher was permitted to take last season in which everybody else bar City had a much worse defensive record than United into account...

Hi,

Not really Premier League related but I found it as a result of West Ham. It doesn't fit into any other category.

Peter Storrie is a free agent and is listed as a Coach.

He is not a coach and never has been. He is a fairly controversial former director at West Ham on one of our worst ever boards. I remember him cropping up at Portsmouth once also.

Wikipedia reckons he is currently at an Australian team? Maybe out of date?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Storrie

His history on FM shows that he was once at this Australian club also.

Keeping up with my crusade at encouraging Gini buffs:

Wijnaldum was only behind Van Dijk when their teammates voted who should captain the team last game. I suggest boosting his leadership stat by some points, it's at a measly 9 at the moment. 16 players in our team currently have more leadership ability than him. I've noticed he's good at directing his teammates during games as well. Klopp uses him a lot  to convey instructions to the rest of the team.

@OkMarius Saw that earlier and wasn't quite sure what to make of it in terms of changing anything in the Liverpool DB. I agree with the top three but was surprised by Gini tbh as the fourth choice, particularly when Klopp has chosen Mignolet, Lovren, Sturridge, Lallana ahead of him in the last two seasons as captain.  So although Gini has been made 4th choice - he has never captained us so far, so no track record - so it remains to see how good he might be.  

7 hours ago, enigmatic said:

They have no world class defenders in FM.

Of course, they don't have the worst defenders in the division either, as despite protestations from certain users the researcher was permitted to take last season in which everybody else bar City had a much worse defensive record than United into account...

Fair enough, maybe this game I'm in now is a fluke but I'm not sure anyone could justify Utd being 32 points ahead of City in March. And currently being unbeaten. I hope it is because I can't take another year of Utd dominating everything and Pep not seeing Xmas at City.

Edited by ADChick

13 minutes ago, ADChick said:

Fair enough, maybe this game I'm in now is a fluke but I'm not sure anyone could justify Utd being 32 points ahead of City in March. And currently being unbeaten. I hope it is because I can't take another year of Utd dominating everything and Pep not seeing Xmas at City.

Well doesn't seem to be a fluke in my game, as this is my second save and yet again United dominated the league by a wide margin. In my first save, they had already won the league by mid-March. This time, they won by early-April. Even an erratic player like Pogba consistently got ≥ 8.25 average rating in the league. Definitely questionable research being done here, or at the very least lacking the mandatory test runs on the researcher's part :thdn:

@tomlcfc can you remove "tries to beat offside trap" from Vardy please? The trait sees him caught offside upwards of 5+ times a game whereas he's never averaged more than 2 a game in every season he's played for us. He's going to be played as an attack duty forward by 90+ % players too so as part of his role will do it naturally.

Ghezzal seems much slower than 14 A and P and Evans' pace is a bit generous too.

Maguire's passing is too high, he's very comoftable on the ball but his passing range and ability is quite ordinary. IIRC he has "knocks ball past opponent" as well but I can't remember ding that in games.

Ndidi's positioning is a bit harsh.

I'd imagine you've already earmarked Chilwell for changes.

Maddison has "shoots from distance" but I don't think he does attempt a particularly high number of long shots.

I'm not much of a fan of Mendy IRL but even so his stats are bit stingy, his positioning is 10 in game.

Iborra and Silva are a bit too good compared to their performances for us.

Admittedly I only watched about 3 U23 games last season but Darnell Johnson seemed very solid and his profile is mediocre in game.

Edited by Fosse

3 hours ago, Fosse said:

Maddison has "shoots from distance" but I don't think he does attempt a particularly high number of long shots.

Maddison has had 18 goal attempts this season with only 4 inside the box. However, 8 of his shots were attempts from set plays. 

So he's still had more attempts from outside than inside the box this season. 

And I have no idea about last season which should count for a lot more. 

13 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

I think "Tries long range passes" or "Switches ball to the other flank" should be ticked on Neves. His passing range is unbelievable game after game, and FM should reflect that.

I agree that Neves does both of those very often in games. 

2 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

I agree that Neves does both of those very often in games. 

“Shoots from distance” and “tries long range free kicks” too.

On 26/10/2018 at 05:26, tawobajo said:

Hi,

DSC_2049.JPG

DSC_2048.JPG

This happened in a testimonial which is normal (The friendly is called Ramos Testimonial)

I had this happen in last years game - I gave one of my players a testimonial and all of his friends and some former squad members came back and played for my team.

Maybe Sergio Ramos and Ozil are best buds!

Robertson is a natural wingback in the game, but he didn't seem to like playing there for Scotland. There was an interview where he said that even though he'd played there before, he had to learn to play in that role because it didn't feel comfortable (or something like that).

I think Salah should be even worse with his right foot than he currently is. He's very onefooted.

Not sure if Clyne deserves the trait "Gets forward whenever possible". To me that's more our tactics than Clyne's natural instinct. If Clyne has it, then Gomez should too imo.

Sturridge's ambition level could be lowered. Seems to be happy to play a backup role.

On 25/10/2018 at 20:28, Simon Tipple said:

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

Jahanbakhsh does have a higher rating for AMR than AML, the green circle you are seeing is role suitability. I'm not too concerned about that. We don't see or set the role suitability in the database, it's just the games interpretation of his best role given his attributes.

Ryan/Bong/Gross/Izquierdo - Fair points, will take a look. 

Dunk - I’m not convinced on Leadership. Yes he has captained the side on occasion but I feel that’s more a case of his position and having been at the club for such a long time. I don’t really see him as a leader myself. Flair – fair point, I’m not sure what I was thinking there. I’m not totally sold on Positioning 15 yet either, there’s an element of, “how good would it be if we played a higher line?”.

Stephens - Fair points on positioning/long shots. I'm not convinced he should be a natural DM though. Similar with Propper. Also with Propper I feel like he mostly wins the ball through his reading of them game and interceptions rather than tackles, perhaps I have a blind spot. I’ll keep that in mind. 

Tau - Looks like his rep has gone up, I don't think that was me. Will see what we can do. 

White/Sanders - Ok, will have a look. Both have reasonable ability/potential already. White's ability has some direction from his staring role at Newport last season, Sanders doesn't really have that senior reference point. 

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply.

I do understand about Dunk and remember having a similar conversation this time last year about him. I can agree with you on leadership but defensively he is rated poorly compared to other mid to lower prem teams CB's so hope you can take a look.

Stephens has been playing DM this year when we've played 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 (probably more like 4-1-4-1 the way Brighton play). Thats been used 4/5 times this year? Even if he's not given 19/20 for DM I think 18 would be a fairer reflection. 

Get where you're coming from with Propper because he's a very intelligent player, but it does make him a light weight defensively in the game which I'm not sure is true in real life. 

I've also just seen Dan Ashworth is joining as Director of Football as a future transfer. His reputation rating is 1*, I know DoF isn't his real job but can this rating be made 4/5*? I'm not sure theres anyone else with so much respect and appreciation over what they've achieved. Out of interest, does signing DoF with a high rep boost the clubs rep or is it performance/facility based only?

Thanks for your thoughts on the rest of the team.

6 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

@Dan Ormsby how sure are you on Torreira's trait "plays short simple passes." Whenever I have watched him, he has showcased quite a range on the ball. 

This would have come from the Sampdoria researcher, i would have him tried long range passes but in fact he passes more direct which i dont think there is a trait for.

11 hours ago, bangkonggedek said:

Well doesn't seem to be a fluke in my game, as this is my second save and yet again United dominated the league by a wide margin. In my first save, they had already won the league by mid-March. This time, they won by early-April. Even an erratic player like Pogba consistently got ≥ 8.25 average rating in the league. Definitely questionable research being done here, or at the very least lacking the mandatory test runs on the researcher's part :thdn:

I think Nick has relied on the 'work ethic' of the team of last year which is correct, however this hadnt up till now been reviewed. See my post a page back on what i feel is wrong with the team.  They are too 'powerful and consistent' which is totally different to what they are this year. Defensively this year they have been poor but unfortunately is still one of the strongest points of the attributes in game. Tweaking is definitely required on their defense and consistency along with their overall workrate and teamwork.

12 hours ago, bangkonggedek said:

What are these mandatory test runs?

12 hours ago, bangkonggedek said:

Or maybe the beta match engine happens to favour a manager's style of play which is accurately characterised as direct with a lowish defensive block and not much fannying around with playmakers. For similar reasons, Guardiola teams often underperform in all competitions (although City won the league quite comfortably when simulating on low detail - unsurprisingly since as in IRL probably only Pogba would get in their FM starting lineup) but for some reason people are blaming the Man Utd researcher for that too...

1 hour ago, Arsenal71 said:

I think Nick has relied on the 'work ethic' of the team of last year which is correct, however this hadnt up till now been reviewed. See my post a page back on what i feel is wrong with the team.  They are too 'powerful and consistent' which is totally different to what they are this year. Defensively this year they have been poor but unfortunately is still one of the strongest points of the attributes in game. Tweaking is definitely required on their defense and consistency along with their overall workrate and teamwork.

I commented earlier on that I think Rojo's marking and tackling are too high and have been for a while, so we agree on that much. But the point of this thread is for highlighting specific things wrong with specific players like that, not complaining that a side has too many players with high Determination considering they've lost a few games this season. Your own team of notorious underachievers also has the vast majority of players with Determination of 14+, which is pretty much a norm. Do you honestly think we've seen evidence from a few defeats they mostly haven't featured in that Herrera, Phil Jones and Lingard aren't determined any more?

Whose determination could be down rated? Well there's a good case for Bailly (although his post-injury breakdown is more likely to do with other stuff), an arguable case for a slight reduction in Lukaku's (although the guy does plug away when he's out of form and his general laziness out of possession is tactical) and then there's notoriously-difficult-to-rate Pogba who can look like he's sulking at times but also captained a side to the World Cup this summer, who I'd probably put down to 12/13.  I guess you could rate Martial's harshly too although the guy's chipped in with equalisers quite a few times. By the same token I'd probably rate Fellaini's determination slightly higher (there's a reason he's an impact player, and still there for that matter) and Young's significantly higher...

As IRL, Man Utd's FM defence is a bit more mobile, a bit weaker aerially and a bit more error prone than the average Premier League defence, and City's fourth choice centre back would walk into their starting lineup. The AI certainly won't attack it as relentlessly as sides have exploited United's real life loss of form though...  (It's also helped in game by the AI invariably signing the world class defenders Mourinho said he wanted at the earliest opportunity) 

Edited by enigmatic

11 hours ago, Fosse said:

@tomlcfc can you remove "tries to beat offside trap" from Vardy please? The trait sees him caught offside upwards of 5+ times a game whereas he's never averaged more than 2 a game in every season he's played for us. He's going to be played as an attack duty forward by 90+ % players too so as part of his role will do it naturally.

Ghezzal seems much slower than 14 A and P and Evans' pace is a bit generous too.

Maguire's passing is too high, he's very comoftable on the ball but his passing range and ability is quite ordinary. IIRC he has "knocks ball past opponent" as well but I can't remember ding that in games.

Ndidi's positioning is a bit harsh.

I'd imagine you've already earmarked Chilwell for changes.

I'm not much of a fan of Mendy IRL but even so his stats are bit stingy, his positioning is 10 in game.

Iborra and Silva are a bit too good compared to their performances for us.

Admittedly I only watched about 3 U23 games last season but Darnell Johnson seemed very solid and his profile is mediocre in game.

Hi Fosse, appreciate your thoughts.

- Interesting one on Vardy, I think this is perhaps more a fault with how the match engine utilises that trait as oppose to whether Vardy should have it? I think its inclusion is valid as he is that sort of player (less so under Puel). I'm yet to start my Leicester save so I'll keep an eye on it and get back to you.

- Ghezzal I am yet to touch (profile entirely done by the Monaco researcher). I disagree on Ghezzal's pace, though - I think the criticism he is getting this week is frankly ridiculous considering he came on in an already dead game, and he is clearly talented. His pace and acceleration is something I'm going to need to see more of him to judge properly - assuming he plays on Tuesday, I'll look out for him closely then.

- Evans we gave a big downgrade very close to the deadline; the WBA researcher had him very high still. We've seen him, what, 3 or 4 times competitively? I need a bigger sample to judge his pace, but yes, ATM we're probably looking at cutting it down.

- I think someone's already brought up Maguire's passing; 16 is probably one or two too high, but I don't get how you can think his passing ability is ordinary. Watch Morgan pass the ball (sidewards to Amartey) in comparison to him. Many of our attacks down the flanks start from an inch-perfect diagonal from Maguire. As for 'knocks ball past opponent', is this not representative of when he drives into midfield and beats the forward press? This is something he does often from memory.

- Interesting point on Ndidi's positioning (12, right?). It probably could do with a bump to say 14.

- Yes, Chilwell is currently high up on my shortlist for a good boost in the winter. The last research deadline was only after 6 or so games of the season IIRC, so I was being wary of the potential for it to just be a good run of form. Unfortunately his defensive attributes got a good downgrade in the summer when now they really ought to be buffed back up again!

- Looking at the other posters' helpful comments on Maddison, it seems he does like a good long distance effort (more than probably all bar Demarai in the squad). Having a quick glance at his Norwich stats off WhoScored, I make it 71/115 shots last season outside the box, and 43 of those not from set pieces. Again, as we see more of him I'd like to think I'll get a good idea of whether we should remove it or not.

- Iborra, Silva and Mendy are my current predicament, if you like. We know the quality that Iborra and Silva possess considering their successes away from the club, and to be honest both have been pretty solid with us IMO (Silva did not deserve to be dropped after Old Trafford, and Iborra was excellent in the first half of last season before James returned). Mendy I'd also only seen in a couple of friendlies and a few league games before the research deadline; didn't see him at all during his time at Nice. At the moment, it seems obvious to me that Mendy is playing based on Puel's system (two deep holding midfielders, excellent ball winners) as oppose to his quality. However, right now I'd of course be looking at improving Mendy and reducing the other two. I'm concerned, though, that we end up downgrading two players based on nothing but the fact they aren't playing, rather than their actual performances.

- I'd go into detail on how rubbish I think PL2 really is, but in summary I can't give Johnson or others too good profiles unless they demonstrate their ability at a proper standard of senior football. It remains to be seen why Johnson, Knight, Ndukwu etc. are not attracting loan interest from what I'm hearing, when they are performing well in PL2, but unless they can display something in our first team or in someone else's, it's going to be hard to give him higher. Just a sidenote regarding our U23s PA, our academy is pretty rubbish and therefore I have my concerns even over the biggest talents. 

I hope my post was not too dismissive of your points; in particular I'll note your thoughts on Vardy, Ghezzal, Evans, Maguire and the midfielders for the next update :)

6 minutes ago, tomlcfc said:

- As for 'knocks ball past opponent', is this not representative of when he drives into midfield and beats the forward press? This is something he does often from memory.

Knocks ball past opponent is the pacy winger style of dribbling by hitting the ball a fair way past the defender and then outsprinting them to it. Whereas from what I've seen of Maguire (less than you) his dribbling is more about having the close control, composure and strength to keep the ball away from the player making the forward press whilst he ambles forward looking for a pass. Not sure he's even got the acceleration to do the 'hit and sprint' thing, which thankfully I haven't seen him try for England in the ME yet!

He's already got 'brings ball out of defence' and 'runs with ball through centre' to encourage him to drive into midfield a lot more than the average central defender. FWIW I think his agility and balance look a tad low when taking into account he's a lot more capable in this kind of area than the average defender with his build. Composure's an area I suspect his rating could be superb in rather than merely good.

9 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

@Dan Ormsby how sure are you on Torreira's trait "plays short simple passes." Whenever I have watched him, he has showcased quite a range on the ball. 

This was set by whoever was in charge of Torreira's research before (I'd guess the Italy Serie A researcher) so it's staying for now.  If it turns out to be unsuitable then I'll change it in the early 2019 update.

4 hours ago, Arsenal71 said:

I’d have thought as a former researcher you’d be familiar with the concept of not overreacting to the first 10/12 games of a season (especially with the obvious mitigation of a manager essentially going to war with the board and many of the squad) but... well, best not to go there maybe.

We’ve made some tweaks to tactics, the manager as well as individuals through the process but can’t say I’ve seen a dominant United side in any of my test runs - a couple of close title challenges but mainly lots of 3rd/4th finishes. As we’ve seen in the past (Chelsea in Mourinho’s last season springs to mind), it’s tough to reflect when a clearly talented squad is massively underperforming (especially when you can’t control who the AI goes out and signs). We’ve tried various things to do that and got closer I think as we’ve gone through builds (Mourinho was sacked with United in 6th in a soak I ran last night)  but taking an axe to the ratings of a squad that finished 2nd last season isn’t the way to do it. 

16 ore fa, bangkonggedek ha scritto:

In my 3 simulations Liverpool and City dominated the PL by far
1 career isn't a good sample size, not even 3 to be honest but say a research should be done imo is a bit exaggerated

1 hour ago, Nick OGS20 said:

I’d have thought as a former researcher you’d be familiar with the concept of not overreacting to the first 10/12 games of a season (especially with the obvious mitigation of a manager essentially going to war with the board and many of the squad) but... well, best not to go there maybe. 

Nick, appreciate the fact that Mourinho is 'at war' with board and players, however that doesn't hid the fact that there are and have been a number of players that have overrated key attributes that affect how players perform in game and the team overall.

As i stated in my post with what i felt was wrong with the team based on the games this season, which cant be discounted,  and how how they perform in game which is the key factor.  You do have a number of players that are under performing now and if they improve through performances or a new manager then you have a chance to amend in January, Arsenal were in the same situation last year.

Until then i feel it would be best to address some of those key mental and consistency attributes to reflect the Man utd of this season so far. It seems you are trying other things under the hood which is good however player attributes do need a 1-3 pt drop which wont affect their CA if balanced by upping others.

2 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

In my 3 simulations Liverpool and City dominated the PL by far
1 career isn't a good sample size, not even 3 to be honest but say a research should be done imo is a bit exaggerated

Fair enough, I suppose. My frustration of seeing the apparent tendency from the last few editions of FM does get the better of me there :)

But I'm still of the opinion that the United players are inherently overrated in game, and it doesn't even took into account this season's questionable performances of this United team in real life (which I feel is mostly due the less than conducive atmosphere and management that's going on currently rather than a drop in players' actual quality).

The valuation of the players' abilities are just a touch too generous in general. And if we're being specific, here's a few examples:

• Martial is a pretty strong enough dribbler for sure, but did his performances merit a score of 19 for Dribbling and Flair when last year he only managed to pull off around 50% of his dribbles successfully?
  • Did Marcos Rojo have at any point of his career ever displayed that he warranted such great scores for his defensive techniques?
  • I actually find that Ander Herrera is underappreciated in general by the public, but does he ever that good as a ball winner as he is currently represented in game?
  • I concede that Pogba is a player with excellent technical and physical qualities, but surely his Concentration and Decisions should've been much lower to fairly represent his erratic performances in real life?
  • A player who has always been the butt of the jokes with his terrible ball control in his career like Lukaku with 13 First Touch and 14 Technique? Seriously?
  • And lastly, how come just because a player is tall and looks pretty strong then somehow automatically they should have an excellent Balance score? (note: This is not an issue I have strictly on United players though, as I think the only players being fairly handled on this aspect came from the Brazilian and Spanish leagues to my knowledge. Well done to their researchers).
Edited by bangkonggedek
Added mention of Brazilian leagues' players.

Matt Doherty should have “Gets forward whenever possible” and “Cuts inside from the right wing”. He shows game after game what he’s capable of and how much of an attacking threat he is as a wingback.

8 minutes ago, bangkonggedek said:
  • And lastly, how come just because a player is tall and looks pretty strong then somehow automatically they should have an excellent Balance score? (note: This is not an issue I have strictly on United players though, as I think the only players being fairly handled on this aspect came from the Spanish leagues to my knowledge. Well done to their researchers).

I think for a time Balance was thought of as primarily "defensive Strength" i.e. shielding the ball and shoulder to shoulder tussles, when that's just a secondary aspect used for those "low centre of gravity" players who keep their feet well despite lacking actual Strength.

2 minutos atrás, swansongs disse:

I think for a time Balance was thought of as primarily "defensive Strength" i.e. shielding the ball and shoulder to shoulder tussles, when that's just a secondary aspect used for those "low centre of gravity" players who keep their feet well despite lacking actual Strength.

Something I have noticed since a long time ago on FM is that the shortest players are usually the ones with the lowest balance stats when it should be the opposite, FIFA actually takes this into account and rates players fairly on that area, same for agility. A low center of gravity enhances both those qualities, doesn't mean tall people can't be agile or have great balance but being shorter will often give you a natural advantage in that regard and professional football players know how to make good use of that. 

There seems to be a correlation between strenght and balance in the game, more strenght = more balance when that isn't necessarily the case IRL.

14 minutes ago, CEVR1996 said:

Something I have noticed since a long time ago on FM is that the shortest players are usually the ones with the lowest balance stats when it should be the opposite, FIFA actually takes this into account and rates players fairly on that area, same for agility. A low center of gravity enhances both those qualities, doesn't mean tall people can't be agile or have great balance but being shorter will often give you a natural advantage in that regard and professional football players know how to make good use of that. 

It's frustrating trying to buy wingers and mobile 10s when most of the promising ones irl can't play the ball accurately while moving at pace because of their low Balance attribute.

1 hour ago, Garygooner666 said:

Kwame Ampadu left Arsenal to Join Thierry Henry at Monaco as his assistant but is still listed on Arsenal.com site as u18 head coach.

In real life Ampadu has moved to Monaco as assistant manager.  This has been updated in the FM database and is correct in-game in the test build I currently have.  If he's still on the Arsenal website, then that needs updating but I'm afraid I don't control the Arsenal website :D

Hi Iwobi has 5 goals for Nigeria 2 against Argentina and 1 v England in the warm up game (cant remember the other 2 sort of relying on wiki) But yeah It says he has none on Fm plus he must start with 4 caps because he played 16 internationals since I started and hes only on 20 in my 2nd season.

https://int.soccerway.com/players/alex-iwobi/264176/

On 26/10/2018 at 15:30, Erick1011 said:

Adama Traore should have "Runs with ball more often"

Willy Boly should have "Brings the ball out from defense" or whatever that trait from last year is. He's a fantastic CB but he's got a great passing range and does start many of our play from the back. I also believe he should have +1 on Marking, Acceleration and Pace. From watching him on a weekly basis, I really do believe he's way faster than the game reflects, and I did bring this up on last year's beta. He's a rapid player, which shows when he breaks forward from Wolves' defense. He's got long legs so his strides are massive. His marking should be higher because he's played against some top strikers already, and kept them well quiet. I understand I might be a little biased, but just my thoughts! lol

I also think Conor Coady should have "Stays back at all times" ticked. He never ever goes up for corners, since he's our sweeper. And I do believe he should be familiar with the "Libero" role.

That is all I have to offer for now. Looking forward to the response :)

Cheers for those Erick. Agree with most if not all of them. At the next opportunity to include them in the game, I will do.

2 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

In real life Ampadu has moved to Monaco as assistant manager.  This has been updated in the FM database and is correct in-game in the test build I currently have.  If he's still on the Arsenal website, then that needs updating but I'm afraid I don't control the Arsenal website :D

The Arsenal staff structure is all over the place and I don't know what half of them do now. 

We have 2 assistant managers in Bould and Carcedo but game doesn't allow them both in that roles so understand that one.

David Luiz is number 30 at the Chelsea instead of Lucas Piazon

image.thumb.png.b2d6103fe665fbfb6ff5b2a8ed317de3.png

3 hours ago, bangkonggedek said:

I actually find that Ander Herrera is underappreciated in general by the public, but does he ever that good as a ball winner as he is currently represented in game?

He was in the top 12 PL tackles per game in 2016/17, and I'm sure Nick's rated his Dirtiness high enough to account for his tendency to give away a lot of fouls with that...

3 hours ago, swansongs said:

Appreciate you receive detailed guidelines on this so are probably right, but everything from the ratings of nearly everyone in the database to newgen templates to commenters in forums to rather vague tooltips seem assume it's mainly the former rather than the latter...

Kind of feels like the "does Determination influence development" debates and the according to conventional forum wisdom completely wrong in game tooltip advising that Jumping is one of the key attributes to judge how good a goalkeeper is. Maybe "the less people know about how the ME interprets them the better" isn't actually a good way for SI to treat attributes...

The attribute guidelines we get aren't actually very detailed. Maybe a third of them are still just one sentence ("Tackling - How good he is at tackling."). In-game tooltips often go into greater depth.

The definition of Balance is pretty clear, though. It's an accuracy modifier for actions performed at pace, and is also taken into consideration during physical challenges (but Strength is still the most significant attribute there).

4 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

He was in the top 12 PL tackles per game in 2016/17, and I'm sure Nick's rated his Dirtiness high enough to account for his tendency to give away a lot of fouls with that...

I have no issue at all with his Aggressiveness, Bravery nor Dirtiness really, but just because a player has a strong tendency to commit himself into tackles per game, does that warrants them be rated as being very good at Tackling, Marking and Positioning? And let's say we're sticking to his tackling capability for now; going by PL stats as gathered by Squawka, his tackles won/tackles lost per game stats in the last three seasons are these:

• 2015/16: 1.67 / 2.41 (total per season = 45 / 65)
  • 2016/17: 2 / 3.94 (total per season = 62/122)
  • 2017/18: 1.22 / 4.09 (total per season = 28 / 94)

And when we compare his tackling stats last season to someone like Abdoulaye Doucouré who only has 13 for Tackling in game but recorded a much better stats in 1.38 / 2.57 (51 / 95), surely a reassessment is in order?

Newcastle staff:

Paco de Míguel Moreno is the Assistant Manager - https://www.nufc.co.uk/teams/coaching-staff/francisco-de-míguel-moreno

Mikel Antía, currently Assistant Manager in-game, should be a First team Coach instead - https://www.nufc.co.uk/teams/coaching-staff/mikel-antía

Jamie Harley should be Head of Sports Science - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-harley-2309b465/?originalSubdomain=uk

Ben Dawson seems to be the head coach of the Under 23s, taking charge of them for matches, so would make sense as U23 Manager rather than just Coach.

Sean Beech is Head Academy Physio, so might be more accurate as an U18 rather than Senior Squad Physio - https://www.osborneclinic.com/meet-the-team/

Neil Winskill is a Youth (apparently U15) Coach, not currently in the game - https://www.linkedin.com/in/neil-winskill-83886683/?originalSubdomain=uk

Daniel Garcia Vallejo is a Youth (to U16) Goalkeeping Coach, not currently in the game - https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-appointed-as-new-lead-academy-goalkeeping-coach

Not sure if the last two merit inclusion given the age groups they work with...