Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

54 minutes ago, Deano565 said:

Big lump as he is, he's 2 inches taller than Gomez, 3 more than Tarkowski, 4 more than Chambers and 5 more than Mee in-game. That gives him a huge advantage on jumping reach before you even start the jump. And in real life, I would consider him far more aerially dominant than any of those. 17 would put him alongside the likes of Boly, Matip, Craig Dawson - I don't think he's out of place with them.

Aerial dominance isn't simply a question of Jumping Reach. He's a big strong brave boy, which counts for a lot.

Jumping Reach ratings of 17 and up are generally reserved for players 6'3 and over who are also capable of generating some serious lift. Maguire obviously has the former, but is he exceptional with regards the latter part of the equation?

Calum Chambers (1.83m, JR 15) is 2 points above the recommended maximum rating for his height. Tarkovski (1.85m, JR 15) 1 point above the max. Craig Dawson (1.88m, JR 17) also 1 point above recommended max. Joe Gomez (1.88m, JR15) is within advised boundaries, and will be even if his potential leads to him developing that attribute a little, so that's good.

Jumping Reach is one of the more objective attributes we have to assign. Maguire looks fairly rated to me, he shouldn't be upgraded just because a few players aren't rated in line with the handy chart we're given.

Morgan Gibbs-White doesn’t seem to have enough PA, when he’s one of Wolves’ brightest prospects, made many appearances last season, as well as this season, and won the U17 World Cup with England, being an integral part of the team.

Also, I would make him more familiar as a CM, since that’s often where he plays for us, though he does sometimes play on the wing.

Luke McCormick killed two children, one aged eight and one aged ten, while drink driving in his uninsured Range Rover. He plead guilty for this and was sent to jail for seven years. He is a "Model Citizen" in the game.

On 20/10/2018 at 04:42, Charles123456 said:

I really hope FM can review the overall current attributes of Kepa Arrizabalaga before the official release on 2 Nov. He is currently performing at the same level of Alisson Becker but his stats are underrated. No disrespect to Loris Karious, but Arrizabalaga is by far a better player in terms of passing, first touch, anticipation, positioning, and flair.

No worry about the room for development for potential attributes. He will reach the same level of De Gea after two years. Many critics have backed him up to do well this year.

136049E1-A54C-4297-81C3-4E8006CA9993.jpeg

0AADA592-7574-4FDD-B872-8E0DEEFF7356.jpeg

502A81BD-2ABC-4D1A-95F2-15A0D47D5EA1.jpeg

Good grief. He's been here what, 5 minutes?

6 hours ago, ShakhtarAnDMetalist said:

Luke McCormick killed two children, one aged eight and one aged ten, while drink driving in his uninsured Range Rover. He plead guilty for this and was sent to jail for seven years. He is a "Model Citizen" in the game.

Yes, we have updated his profile for the release.

That said, FM database does not keep a record of anyone's criminal history.

As you can see on this screenshot, under milestones, Boly won the Sky Bet League Two, as opposed to the Championship.

74E80C63-C8F0-481E-A461-DA9035263968.png

1 hour ago, Erick1011 said:

As you can see on this screenshot, under milestones, Boly won the Sky Bet League Two, as opposed to the Championship.

74E80C63-C8F0-481E-A461-DA9035263968.png

Thanks very much; I've fixed that error.

2 hours ago, Barkermush said:

Only a minor issue, Charlie Taylor's transfer to Burnley has been duplicated:

dPBRDHO.jpg

WicekHp.jpg

Thanks, Barkermush - I've fixed that.

9 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

Morgan Gibbs-White doesn’t seem to have enough PA, when he’s one of Wolves’ brightest prospects, made many appearances last season, as well as this season, and won the U17 World Cup with England, being an integral part of the team.

Also, I would make him more familiar as a CM, since that’s often where he plays for us, though he does sometimes play on the wing.

Thanks, Erick1011 - I'll look into his profile.

11 hours ago, swansongs said:

Aerial dominance isn't simply a question of Jumping Reach. He's a big strong brave boy, which counts for a lot.

Jumping Reach ratings of 17 and up are generally reserved for players 6'3 and over who are also capable of generating some serious lift. Maguire obviously has the former, but is he exceptional with regards the latter part of the equation?

Calum Chambers (1.83m, JR 15) is 2 points above the recommended maximum rating for his height. Tarkovski (1.85m, JR 15) 1 point above the max. Craig Dawson (1.88m, JR 17) also 1 point above recommended max. Joe Gomez (1.88m, JR15) is within advised boundaries, and will be even if his potential leads to him developing that attribute a little, so that's good.

Jumping Reach is one of the more objective attributes we have to assign. Maguire looks fairly rated to me, he shouldn't be upgraded just because a few players aren't rated in line with the handy chart we're given.

Thanks - I've had a look at the players who are more than one point outside the recommended range, for Jumping Reach, and made adjustments.

22 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Agree and I would argue this is Van Dijks biggest weakness as well, he has 14 in game but is prone to switching off at times, his should be more like 11 and Lovren's should be more like 8-9 IMO.

---------------------

On a side note, nothing specific but Leicester only won 3 games all season on my game and two of those were when they were already relegated, they were pretty woeful. Might just be a one off but if others are seeing them struggle it might be something to look at. 

-------------------

Also said it last year as well (and I think this contributed to their over the top dominance in game) but Pogba is over rated again, compare him to De Bruyne -

• +1 long shots
  • Same free kick taking? 
  • Only -1 passing, to the best passer in the league
  • 17 penalty taking?
  • +2 technique over De Bruyne? 
  • 3 more flair?

Sorry but Pogba has been nowhere near De Bruyne's level for the last couple of seasons and yet arguably he is better in game, Pogba certainly should have better physicals and better defensive stats but passing, long shots, penalty taking, flair, freekick taking and technique are all way too high IMO. 

I don't know about Pogba but I would love an explanation on how Bailly has escaped getting a much lower concentration, decisions and composure considering his many horror performances in the past year.

Other than that I don't know who is actually too highly rated at Man Utd, let's not forget they actually finished 2nd last year and all their players were bought for high fees and had very impressive careers prior to joining United.

16 hours ago, RageMaster said:

Agree with @Spurs08 with Glover. Talking of Tottenham, I've noticed some staff are missing, most of these are probably not in the Database however so I guess would need other data such as DOB's. If someone at SI wants the full list then let me know and I can post it.

One staff member who is in the DB is Jonathan Hill - Should be an U18 or U23 Data Analyst (on the game is at Crystal Palace) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-hill-1a00086b/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base%3BKgowTY0qTz65MwaYUZCJ%2BA%3D%3D&licu=urn%3Ali%3Acontrol%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base-browsemap_profile

Jon Goodman is also at Spurs and not Notts County, unsure what his role would be in the game however - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonnygoodman/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_people%3BaM1%2FMKKbRomU8fiRtQCxEA%3D%3D&licu=urn%3Ali%3Acontrol%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_people-search_srp_result&lici=GVkof4u5R%2FGZeC%2FjD30t6w%3D%3D

That's appreciated, @RageMaster , thanks. Yes, please do post the list.

This is very nit picking but Aguero is not goalscorer with finishing of 17, it amazes me that Lukaku and even Salah are rated higher in this attribute. Kun should be atleast 18 or even 19.

15 minutes ago, saihtam said:

This is very nit picking but Aguero is not goalscorer with finishing of 17, it amazes me that Lukaku and even Salah are rated higher in this attribute. Kun should be atleast 18 or even 19.

Lukaku has -3 composure, -3 off the ball, -5 dribbling, -4 first touch. 

Salah's stats are almost identical and coming off a record breaking season.

Salah and Lukaku are incredibly overrated in terms of finishing/composure.

Salah (Finishing 18, composure 16)

17/18:

Shot accuracy: 45.8%

Goal conversion: 22.2%

Big chance conversion: 46.5%

18/19:

Shot accuracy: 38.9%

Goal conversion: 11.1%

Big chance conversion: 25%

Lukaku (Finishing 18. composure 15)

17/18:

Shot accuracy: 48.8%

Goal conversion: 18.6%

Big chance conversion: 50%

18/19:

Shot accuracy: 47.4%

Goal conversion: 21.1%

Big chance conversion: 37.5%

Aubameyang (Finishing 16, composure 14): 

17/18 *EPL stats

Shot accuracy: 61.3%

Goal conversion: 32.3%

Big chance conversion: 57.1%

18/19

Shot accuracy: 50%

Goal conversion:33.3%

Big chance conversion: 60%

Aubameyang blew them both away last season. And is blowing them both away this season. He also has a far superior goal scoring history then both of them. Yet somehow they are both rated as signficantly more composed and better finishers.

My recommendation:

Increase Aubameyeng's composure, he is a lethal big chance converter. I would say he should be 16 finishing/16 composure.

Decrease Salah's composure. He should probably 14. Nowhere near composed enough to be 16. 18 finishing/14 composure or 17 finishing/15 composure

Decrease Lukaku's finishing. 17 or 16 finishing/15 composure

Edited by NabsKebabs

33 minutes ago, Karl_BD said:

Lukaku has -3 composure, -3 off the ball, -5 dribbling, -4 first touch. 

Salah's stats are almost identical and coming off a record breaking season.

We cant take everything based on one season also.  How come then Sterling has horrible 12 as finishing, he had 18 goals additionally he did not play so many full games.

12 isn't a horrible rating, and aren't most of his finishes fairly simple close range tap-ins? He'll score plenty in-game with his good movement and overall quality. I've had Wayne Routledge (Finishing 6 or 7) score hattricks when I'm creating the right chances.

Top end Finishing ratings should be awarded for consistency and difficulty of finishes, total number of goals scored is a small part of the equation. 

I have a slight issue with Aubameyang and Lacazette being deemed as similar strikers when in my opinion they couldn't be more different. FM states that both strikers best role is advance forward, when I think upon starting a new game this should not be the case. Lacazette when playing as a striker often comes deep, links up the play and his hold up play is not too shabby. He presses hard and generally has a good first touch to play one-twos and others in.  I would love him to be re-recognised as a complete forward like he has been in previous years. advance forward doesn't suit Lacazette as much as other roles. This could of been a waste of my time as I don't have a clue if this is something now set in stone until the jan update but thought it was worth a mention.

Cheers 

Has Theo Walcott ever been a good dribbler? Dribbling of 14 suggests he is quite good, even though he's always been a knock ball past opponent and use pace to get past him kinda winger.

A issue I have found is Bernd Leno I have been watching him this season and it is quite evident see between Leno and Chec, the former is the more technical keeper. Leno's passing is quite decent, his composure is very high also his decision making when under pressure has been solid so far. I have found he is more than capable to receive the ball and pick out midfielders short and at a distance not alone finding defenders yet his passing is lower than Pter Cech's and think this is wrong 

Just posting some proof of Mendy / Laporte being transfer listed (both for under £20 million by the way) and Sane being loan listed by the AI when starting a game. This really just makes the game unrealistic for me and ruins the immersion as playing for any top club is made too easy by just signing those guys. Also, after the registration window closes they aren't registered at all. 

City.JPG

city 2.JPG

Edited by jkadms
extra picture added

Juan Carlos Carcedo (4206732) should be Assistant Manager at Arsenal and not Steve Bould. Carcedo has been Emery's assistant for many years. I don't think it changed just because there was someone at that position with the previous manager that remain at the club. Bould should be a First Team Coach.

Vinai Venkatesham should be added as Managing Director at Arsenal.

Pablo Villa (670419) should be named as Pablo Villanueva

1 minute ago, feche said:

Juan Carlos Carcedo (4206732) should be Assistant Manager at Arsenal and not Steve Bould. Carcedo has been Emery's assistant for many years. I don't think it changed just because there was someone at that position with the previous manager that remain at the club. Bould should be a First Team Coach.

Vinai Venkatesham should be added as Managing Director at Arsenal.

Pablo Villa (670419) should be named as Pablo Villanueva

Thanks for the info but I think these are all things that are known about already.

Bould is still on the same contract and in the same position as he was last season.  Therefore he's been kept as assistant, with Carcedo set as a first team coach.  We cannot support two assistants currently at club sides in-game.

Pete - neither this or the following thing are high priority, but if you have time, can you check with the Spanish researcher or PSG researcher why Pablo Villaneuva is set as "Pablo Villa" in-game, if this is not something you set yourself / have already checked and dismissed?  Is this his common name?  Pablo Villaneuva Fernandez is set in game as his full name as can be seen from his staff overview information screen.

I don't know if Managing Director is a supported role in game - it certainly isn't one that would have any active input into anything game-wise, would just be a text entry on the staff screen if so.

2 hours ago, samuels91 said:

A issue I have found is Bernd Leno I have been watching him this season and it is quite evident see between Leno and Chec, the former is the more technical keeper. Leno's passing is quite decent, his composure is very high also his decision making when under pressure has been solid so far. I have found he is more than capable to receive the ball and pick out midfielders short and at a distance not alone finding defenders yet his passing is lower than Pter Cech's and think this is wrong 

This is a fair point.  I'd left Leno untouched when I submitted my file for the final main deadline as he hadn't yet made his competitive debut by that point, so the attributes will be the ones set by the Germany researcher.  I'll see if Pete can make a couple of minor adjustments.  That said, Leno is still no wizard with the ball at his feet, and Cech when under no pressure actually has pretty accurate passing and pass selection for a goalkeeper.

6 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

This is a fair point.  I'd left Leno untouched when I submitted my file for the final main deadline as he hadn't yet made his competitive debut by that point, so the attributes will be the ones set by the Germany researcher.  I'll see if Pete can make a couple of minor adjustments.  That said, Leno is still no wizard with the ball at his feet, and Cech when under no pressure actually has pretty accurate passing and pass selection for a goalkeeper.

Agree that Cech hasn't been as bad as some people think with the ball at his feet. But for him to have higher first touch, composure, passing and vision than Leno doesn't seem right. 

Edited by NabsKebabs

2 minutes ago, jkadms said:

Also Reiss Nelson should probably have a recall from loan clause, since he said in an interview he wants to come back in January 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/reiss-nelson-eyes-arsenal-firstteam-and-england-seniors-after-scoring-on-u21s-bow-a3960141.html

The earliest he could be recalled is January 1st, so if he does indeed return to Arsenal in January then we'll set the loan to end whenever it ends when we do the early 2019 data update.  I think technically there aren't any loan deals where the two clubs couldn't mutually agree on ending a loan deal, and this news story isn't evidence of there being a recall clause that Arsenal could exercise which Hoffenheim would have no say in.  As far as I'm aware this is a loan for the season, so it will remain as such.

6 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Agree that Cech hasn't been as bad as some people think with the ball at his feet. But for him to have higher first touch, composure, passing and vision than Leno doesn't seem right. 

Cech has Passing, Technique and First Touch attributes that would make him a decent outfield player in League One.

1 minute ago, swansongs said:

Cech has Passing, Technique and First Touch attributes that would make him a decent outfield player in League One.

:D 

5 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Come on lad, that's nonsense.  You're only a decent outfield player in League One if you have a full set of attributes for an outfield player.  By the same logic your goalkeeper who you're in charge of the research for could play in midfield for your actual lower mid-table Championship team.

27 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Come on lad, that's nonsense.  You're only a decent outfield player in League One if you have a full set of attributes for an outfield player.  By the same logic your goalkeeper who you're in charge of the research for could play in midfield for your actual lower mid-table Championship team.

Nordfeldt would be better as a AP than he is in goal. Lovely footballer even in tight areas, with a better range of passing than most of the defence, but doesn't seem to react to shots until the ball is past him. 

hace 50 minutos, Dan Ormsby dijo:

Thanks for the info but I think these are all things that are known about already.

Bould is still on the same contract and in the same position as he was last season.  Therefore he's been kept as assistant, with Carcedo set as a first team coach.  We cannot support two assistants currently at club sides in-game.

Pete - neither this or the following thing are high priority, but if you have time, can you check with the Spanish researcher or PSG researcher why Pablo Villaneuva is set as "Pablo Villa" in-game, if this is not something you set yourself / have already checked and dismissed?  Is this his common name?  Pablo Villaneuva Fernandez is set in game as his full name as can be seen from his staff overview information screen.

I don't know if Managing Director is a supported role in game - it certainly isn't one that would have any active input into anything game-wise, would just be a text entry on the staff screen if so.

But Bould's role doesn't seem to be the same he had for the last couple of years. For instance, Carcedo should be the Assistant Manager and Bould the First Team Coach. Of all the scenarios that's the one more realistic.

Managing Director appears in the game, that's what I posted it but obviously isn't a top priority at all. You could do it for January.

Just now, swansongs said:

Nordfeldt would be better as a AP than he is in goal. Lovely footballer even in tight areas, with a better range of passing than most of the defence, but doesn't seem to react to shots until the ball is past him. 

Get Potter working his magic and you've got yourself a new Sigurdsson.

18 hours ago, Nick OGS20 said:

It’s definitely both. Make sure you don’t run out of tinfoil there :)

Can I put myself in the 'Hates City' camp, please?

@jkadms Looks like a bug to me, Sane in particular is very high in the best rated players list. Don't know what to suggest with this one - it hasnt happened on any sims i've run.

3 hours ago, swansongs said:

12 isn't a horrible rating, and aren't most of his finishes fairly simple close range tap-ins? He'll score plenty in-game with his good movement and overall quality.

4 in 7, 2 in 4 for England - I think I'll have to wait till he gets to Madrid to finally be able to convince people that he is as good as he is :(

15 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Get Potter working his magic and you've got yourself a new Sigurdsson.

Potter's wand seems to be broken atm. Need a win tonight.

52 minutes ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

Can I put myself in the 'Hates City' camp, please?

@jkadms Looks like a bug to me, Sane in particular is very high in the best rated players list. Don't know what to suggest with this one - it hasnt happened on any sims i've run.

4 in 7, 2 in 4 for England - I think I'll have to wait till he gets to Madrid to finally be able to convince people that he is as good as he is :(

If I had to guess a reason why, could potentially be because of the start date? I'm starting my saves after the PL season has already started 

5 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

@Mark.Alexander Hmm, the video link appears to be for instructions on "How to Clean Off Burnt Food From an Oven Drip Pan".  Useful, but off-topic; could you please check that?

@Pete Sottrel Oh that's embarrassing - not least cos I should never be able to 'burn' a non-stick pan.  🤣

My apologies Pete.  

X

Link checked 👍🏻

Thanks

ps just watched the next video and Southampton have white numbers that aren't showing up against the red and white stripes of their shirts.

In  FM 18 certain shirt designs (there was def one of the stripe designs in that) didn't activate the 'number patch' when selected in the save game editor. (I didn't thoroughly test the pregame editor for this).

Did this remain unfixed and therefore make it into FM19?

Edited by Mark.Alexander

9 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Agree and I would argue this is Van Dijks biggest weakness as well, he has 14 in game but is prone to switching off at times, his should be more like 11 and Lovren's should be more like 8-9 IMO.

---------------------

On a side note, nothing specific but Leicester only won 3 games all season on my game and two of those were when they were already relegated, they were pretty woeful. Might just be a one off but if others are seeing them struggle it might be something to look at. 

-------------------

Also said it last year as well (and I think this contributed to their over the top dominance in game) but Pogba is over rated again, compare him to De Bruyne -

• +1 long shots
  • Same free kick taking? 
  • Only -1 passing, to the best passer in the league
  • 17 penalty taking?
  • +2 technique over De Bruyne? 
  • 3 more flair?

Sorry but Pogba has been nowhere near De Bruyne's level for the last couple of seasons and yet arguably he is better in game, Pogba certainly should have better physicals and better defensive stats but passing, long shots, penalty taking, flair, freekick taking and technique are all way too high IMO. 

@Tomlcfc - interesting stat there. How are they getting on in your games mate? 

Also can you add anything about the new training ground? Gonna be one of the best apparently!

Edited by DaveCity

1 hour ago, Mark.Alexander said:

@Pete Sottrel Oh that's embarrassing - not least cos I should never be able to 'burn' a non-stick pan.  🤣

My apologies Pete.  

X

Link checked 👍🏻

Thanks

ps just watched the next video and Southampton have white numbers that aren't showing up against the red and white stripes of their shirts.

In  FM 18 certain shirt designs (there was def one of the stripe designs in that) didn't activate the 'number patch' when selected in the save game editor. (I didn't thoroughly test the pregame editor for this).

Did this remain unfixed and therefore make it into FM19?

Thanks very much, @Mark.Alexander - that's really useful; Huddersfield kit numbers were set incorrectly, in the database.  Saints numbers are set correctly, but I'll check that the plain shirt back feature is working.  Hope the pan scrubbed up as good as new! :D

1 hour ago, DaveCity said:

@Tomlcfc - interesting stat there. How are they getting on in your games mate? 

Also can you add anything about the new training ground? Gonna be one of the best apparently!

I've given it a few brief test runs and we aren't doing great, but not that bad! I'm seeing us float around 10th-15th a lot, sometimes resulting in Puel's sacking around Christmas (seems realistic) and the appointment of people like Bielsa, and then results take a small upturn. Three wins in a season is just ridiculous, though, and I can't see how results as bad as those can be a data issue.

AFAIK (nowhere near sure on this) we can't set future training ground builds in the database. Even if we can, I don't think I could yet anyway as it isn't fully set in stone (despite the council verdict, we don't have full planning permission granted still). I'm hearing we'll start the planning application for the stadium expansion in the new year, though, so hopefully it won't be long until we can get that in the game at least.

In response to @Deano565 on Maguire, I think his left-footedness is a big oversight from me. I tend to miss out on footedness when watching games IRL, and this has clearly transferred over to the data! 7 is far too low for a left-sided CB for club and country, and he is clearly capable with both feet. If we can get it upped to say 11, possibly 12, I think that would be much better.

Matthew Cook - Sports Scientist at Man City (28110557) is a duplicate and needs removing

The real Matthew Cook (72046489) is at Nice after leaving NYCFC and needs Man City adding to his history from before NYCFC

Link from NYCFC stating his previous work at Man City: https://www.nycfc.com/matthew-cook

Link confirming his transfer from NYCFC to Nice: https://www.mancity.com/news/club news/club news/2018/june/patrick vieira nycfc nice leaving

7 hours ago, jkadms said:

Just posting some proof of Mendy / Laporte being transfer listed (both for under £20 million by the way) and Sane being loan listed by the AI when starting a game. This really just makes the game unrealistic for me and ruins the immersion as playing for any top club is made too easy by just signing those guys. Also, after the registration window closes they aren't registered at all. 

City.JPG

city 2.JPG

Thanks @jkadms - none of those players are being listed for loan, or transfer, in any soak games that I have run.