Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

On 19/10/2018 at 14:19, tomlcfc said:

He definitely starts at Leicester but often ends up at United on some test saves I've been doing. I personally find this one bizarre decision-making from the AI (considering Pogba, Matic, A Pereira, McTominay, Herrera, Fred and Fellaini are all at the club). His CA is still quite high but surely United ought to be after a top central midfielder if they are even after one at all?

I agree about Silva I personally think he is rated too highly at the moment

4 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Hi, 

This is just my opinion but I think that Silva for Leicester is slightly overrated in this years game as at the moment is rated as leicester’s top central midfielder and in both saved that I have played so far has been picked up by Manchester United for £30+ million. This seems a bit unrealistic as in real life he is currently struggling to even make the bench for Leicester and when he has played this season and last he looks like he works hard but not much comes from it. 

So I was just wondering if this would be worth having a look at?

Thanks

I agree, currently Mendy is performing excellently and would be more worthy of the rating given to Silva.

10 hours ago, JasonLFC10 said:

There are a few Liverpool youth teams players that are with the under 18s this season that are not in the game. The clubs official site is often slow to add them. The UEFA site shows the players registered to play for the under 18s in the youth champions league - https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2019/clubs/club=2606417/index.html

A few people are talking about Clyne being over rated which I think is harsh, he was challenging Walker as England's first choice RB before injuries. I imagine its based on stats but his crossing of 8 actually feels very harsh for me. Clyne would easily start for many premier league teams when back to full fitness. Moreno also getting a hammering, mainly due to him being pundits go to guy to blame. Stats show that when he plays, going forward he is amongst the best going forward. Probably could switch his 15 tackling with his 13 crossing. Probably tackling 12 and crossing 16 is more realistic. Seems everyone wants these two internationals made championship level players from the other comments!

Oxlade-Chamberlain work rate and stamina seems low? he covers a lot of ground and this showed last season before injury?!

Harry Wilson free kick taking should be 20 on current form lol

Edvard Tagseth is 5'3? he's small but more like 5'5-5'6.. he isn't a dwarf and Dal Varesanovic isn't 6'4. Couldn't tell you the exact heights.

The Liverpool youth players I've put in the game are those that are legible age-wise for FM only and are the official 1st and 2nd year scholars direct from the Academy. As mentioned earlier I have decreased Clyne, and to a lesser extent Moreno too, and agree that he'd probably start in many other PL teams. I think Clyne's crossing accuracy is poor and iirc doesn't contribute much in the way of assists either. I think I increased Ox's Work Rate. Harry Wilson will be looked at by Derby's researcher and I'm interested to see how he will develop this season. Regards heights see my comment a few posts previous to yours.

10 hours ago, CEVR1996 said:

I think everyone will agree that Moreno's defensive attributes are too high atm in the game but he is good going foward no doubt and his acceleration and pace, both (16) could go up by one. 

I'm not sure everyone agrees! I have reduced Moreno a little. For instance, I think his tackling is strong (15) however other stats such as positioning, concentration, decisions have been lowered. So defensively he can tackle but quite often is not in the right position at the right time to make a good tackle - so in theory is more likely to give away needless freekicks etc. Prior to Robertson superbly establishing himself in the team halfway through last season, I thought Moreno had had his best spell for us - and unfortunately he's hardly had a look in since.

Everton

Richarlison...needs a boost please especially in finishing/first touch/flair also injury prone same as FM 18 which I'm not sure is accurate

Ryan Astley...seems underrated

Edited by mark davis

@Pete Sottrel

Sorry mate, some more Palace stuff. 

Sorloth: Nowhere near Premier League quality. First touch, Anticipation, Off the ball should be at max 10. Composure 12. Wage reduced to £20k p/w. 

Wan-Bissaka: Wage up to £15k p/w. Should be playing for Eng u21's but have a feeling he will switch one day to DR Congo.

Tyler Brown, James Daly and Levi Lumeka should all have loan clauses of "Can play for parent club reserves".

Jason Lokilo optional fee should be £500k not £31.36m.

Oliver Webber is on loan at Whyteleafe (i think until Jan). - https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/whyteleafe/appearances/oliver-webber/489057

Zaf Iqbal should be the clubs chief doctor and for some reason i can't click on him. = https://www.cpfc.co.uk/teams/management-team/

Darren Powell is the 23's assistant manager.

Tim Coe is no longer at the club - https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/crystal-palace-part-company-with-chief-scout-tim-coe/

Kevin Gallen (ex QPR player) is now a scout at the club.

Barry Simmonds is also at the club as a scout - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6176399/Crystal-Palace-boss-Roy-Hodgson-adds-long-trusted-scout-ranks.html

On 20/10/2018 at 00:26, Pickles0303 said:

Foden should certainly be a CM, I would actually say thats his main position right now rather than CAM.

Also shouldn't Zinchenko be capable of playing LB? He played there for most of last season.

Foden is perfectly capable of playing CM in-game. He's got room to grow into that position as a 18 year old, sure. But you could play him there now.

Zinchenko can play LB in-game, but he's just better as a LWB, being a little suspect defensively. 

Couple of things on Jordan Pickford.........

1) Match engine his hair is dark brown it seems

2) Just got this training suggestion - to avoid his weaker foot....then says his "left is weak".......Jordan is left footed?

20181021100140_1.jpg

21 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@rvr94 @Mark.Alexander It is really difficult to get an accurate height/weight for the younger players - and I'm sure its Transfermarkt that is viewed as not being too reliable with some of its information. Therefore in the DB there are 7 options for height such as Tiny, Short, Average, Tall, Giant (similar range for Weight too) and I use those markers instead. I will review however.

@diddydaddydoddy

Hi is this a better source?

https://www.premierleague.com/players/14742/Rhian-Brewster/overview

i have to say im playing as arsenal, and i cant understand why you have dropped the value of Lacazette and likrly his CR in this years version  i dont get why that is the case, he has a long contract, and is playing well irl,  i think thit is not a representation of his ability, his stats seem quite low to reflect his real  life counterpart, i get this is my opinion, but he seems quite underrated in certain aspects i mean 11 work rate is criminal , Mesut Ozil a player that goes missing and is renowned for languishing on the Football Pitch has the same work rate ? , Lacazette is pressing from the front incredibly hard under unai emery this year, i feel he is underrated  !

20181021072048_1.jpg

Edited by verkald31

2 horas atrás, diddydaddydoddy disse:

I'm not sure everyone agrees! I have reduced Moreno a little. For instance, I think his tackling is strong (15) however other stats such as positioning, concentration, decisions have been lowered. So defensively he can tackle but quite often is not in the right position at the right time to make a good tackle - so in theory is more likely to give away needless freekicks etc. Prior to Robertson superbly establishing himself in the team halfway through last season, I thought Moreno had had his best spell for us - and unfortunately he's hardly had a look in since.

Fair enough but he did needed a little nerfing on some stats maybe I should have been more specific but I agree with those changes. His marking could go down a little as well. Anyway, I'll trust the researcher's judgement and thank you for your work.

2 hours ago, MelbFox said:

I agree, currently Mendy is performing excellently and would be more worthy of the rating given to Silva.

I agree Mendy is performing brilliantly at the moment and is probably underrated in the game but I can see why as he has only just come back from a long term injury and has not had enough time being brilliant to get an amazing rating

@diddydaddydoddy

Hi any chance you could tweak Firmino's 'shirt name' field to be just Firmino?   Reason being that large names obscure the gameplay, and as his shirt just says Firmino it might as well be accurate and not obscure the gameplay as a happenstance.

Also any chance of putting forward a request for FM20 making the 'Shirt name' field one that is 'front-end' and able to be changed by the gamer with-in the game.

There are other examples of players in the Premier league like Herrera at Man Utd.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Mark.Alexander said:

@diddydaddydoddy

Hi any chance you could tweak Firmino's 'shirt name' field to be just Firmino?   Reason being that large names obscure the gameplay, and as his shirt just says Firmino it might as well be accurate and not obscure the gameplay as a happenstance.

Also any chance of putting forward a request for FM20 making the 'Shirt name' field one that is 'front-end' and able to be changed by the gamer with-in the game.

There are other examples of players in the Premier league like Herrera at Man Utd.

Thanks.

Not on the game now, what does it currently read for Bobby?

3 hours ago, MelbFox said:

New development: Ben Chilwell has just signed a contract extension until 2024.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45929725

Got this one, and also Fuchs' departure should also already be there, thank you guys.

As for Silva/Mendy, I can't justify upgrading Nampalys on 7 games. Adrien Silva has had a big downgrade already from last year and I don't think he deserved to be dropped after Old Trafford. The reason he is not playing, for me, is because of Puel's system over general quality.

I'd like to leave both the way they are for now. I've barely even seen Mendy a dozen times in his whole time with us, so I'm still trying to build a picture of his attributes. Adrien clearly has the quality but is not being given the chance to show it, and in August if you'd have asked us who you would've started against Wolves the majority would've said Silva without thinking twice on Mendy. It's one I'm going to look at in the winter for sure, though.

9 hours ago, MelbFox said:

Hi There,

Ben Chilwell (LB, Leicester City) seems to be surprisingly slow (14) compared to his recent improvements on this front. His pace and agility should reflect the fact that he is currently one of the fastest players at the club and is held in extremely high regard; this is shown in his recent England performances. This article (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/08/ben-chilwell-interview-summer-minging-running-local-park-propelled/ talks about this improvement.

Nampalys Mendy (MC, DM, Leicester City) is fit to play; currently he is down with a torn hamstring at the start of the game.

Thank you!

Mendy's injury was suffered in pre-season and should mean he misses the opening game as he did IRL.

I don't agree Chilwell is that quick. He looks quick only when he does those ridiculous runs through the middle of the pitch with massive touches that often lead to him losing possession. 14 is, IMO, a fair number right now, but I'll keep an eye on it looking ahead.

2 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Not on the game now, what does it currently read for Bobby?

"Roberto Firmino"

I've also noticed that Salah has "M. Salah" on his shirt in real life, but in the game it's just "Salah".

On 19/10/2018 at 14:41, Gripper said:

Sorry, you'll have to forgive my ignorance here as I am tired and a bit shellshocked, but I don't understand what you are telling me, plus I need more information.

Butler - when did he leave Birmingham please? When did he join Wolves? What job has he got at Wolves? Have you got proof of this, please?
Meek - when did he leave Birmingham please? When did he join Villa? What job has he got at Villa? Have you got proof of this, please? 

hi 

did these suggested changes make it to the to do list? I have been asked by Butler to ask if you will be changing him over 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

In Beta his Height is 175cm thats way too low hes pretty tall

according to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-wan-bissaka/profil/spieler/477758

his height is 183 cm

on the other hand i think he should have even more potiential and maybe even more current ability. he is currently one of the best right backs after only 1 and a half season in the PL. benched Crystal palaces main RB. atleast needs PPM of getting further forward

6 hours ago, tomlcfc said:

Got this one, and also Fuchs' departure should also already be there, thank you guys.

As for Silva/Mendy, I can't justify upgrading Nampalys on 7 games. Adrien Silva has had a big downgrade already from last year and I don't think he deserved to be dropped after Old Trafford. The reason he is not playing, for me, is because of Puel's system over general quality.

I'd like to leave both the way they are for now. I've barely even seen Mendy a dozen times in his whole time with us, so I'm still trying to build a picture of his attributes. Adrien clearly has the quality but is not being given the chance to show it, and in August if you'd have asked us who you would've started against Wolves the majority would've said Silva without thinking twice on Mendy. It's one I'm going to look at in the winter for sure, though.

I agree on Mendy he has looked good but hasn’t played enough to show consistency or to get a full picture

8 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Not on the game now.

Yeah I know its not currently on the game. Wondering if it could be added to the request list for a patch please (but more likely FM20) 

It would be a handy addition to be able to edit the shirt names after the game is active. (yes, different from 'nicknames' to anyone reading this and wondering).  It's hidden away in the pregame editor (don't think its part of the active game editor - sadly) and we all see the use of this field regularly without realising it. 

Would especially be fun with newgens.

Firmino has the shirt name 'Roberto Firmino' in game but just 'Firmino' in reality.

Ander Herrera is the 'shirt name' field for the Man Utd player, but in reality its just Herrera on his shirt.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Mark.Alexander said:

Yeah I know its not currently on the game. Wondering if it could be added to the request list for a patch please (but more likely FM20) 

It would be a handy addition to be able to edit the shirt names after the game is active. (yes, different from 'nicknames' to anyone reading this and wondering).  It's hidden away in the pregame editor (don't think its part of the active game editor - sadly) and we all see the use of this field regularly without realising it. 

Firmino has the shirt name 'Roberto Firmino' in game but just 'Firmino' in reality.

Ander Herrera is the 'shirt name' field for the Man Utd player, but in reality its just Herrera on his shirt.

Thanks

When I wrote that post, I meant I was not on the game so couldn't see what was on the shirt :) Can I suggest you post your editor request in here...https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests/

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

Alexis Sanchez's apparent loss of a yard of speed has been the subject of much discussion. Taking his Acceleration down from 17 to 14 would mean he could no longer burst past most PL fullbacks. "Likes to Switch Ball to the Other Flank" would accurately capture what he often does with the ball instead. There's a growing case for toning down several of his other attributes based on his performances for Man Utd but I think just these two would make a big difference to how he performs in the match engine. Loss of form can be temporary, but loss of speed off the mark for match fit 29-year olds tends to be permanent

Marcus Rojo's high tackling and marking really hasn't been justified by any of  his performances for the club (his tackling is more noted for the few he badly mistimes than any he wins, and statistically no better than his teammates) and should be around 15. If the CA needs rebalancing, he could get an extra yard of pace. He's no slower or better at basic defensive duties than his teammates

The big surprise for me is how much Dele Alli's pace had dropped. Was his admission he didn't deserve a high rating in other games a factor ;) 

Yarmolenko's injury is apparently 6+ months, as per Darren Lewis;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-west-ham-winger-andriy-13453833

I also wonder if Bailly doesn't deserve a downgrade? Still at 170 PA and some of the highest physical and mental stats in game, despite being a horror show in terms of concentration and composure in real life for the past year...

34 minutes ago, Mark.Alexander said:

Thanks

No it isn’t, he wears “Ander Herrera” on the back of his shirt 

1 hour ago, anthonycarter87@gmail.com said:

Crystal Palace staff are all wrong. No u18 staff and paddy mccarthy set as u23 coach when he is the u18 manager

In my save he's U18's manager.

Also, I dont think anyone deserves more 20/20 for acceleration and pace than Wolves Adama Traore but he has 19/19 while Aubameyang  and Bellerin have (20/20) and (20/19) respectively although Adama is quicker than both of them IRL.

58 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

No it isn’t, he wears “Ander Herrera” on the back of his shirt 

Apologies quite right - I really thought I'd seen in differently this season, wasn't looking to be mischevious. I just watched MoTD back.  My mistake.

Edited by Mark.Alexander

Robertson last season and this one had and has a poor crossing acccuracy (13%-16%) with even just few attemps (then not risking much). No idea how he can deserves the same attribute of Marcelo (38% and 21%) for example. Other examples are Alex Sandro (15) 28% or Alaba (13) 23%. Both have even less or equal vision attributes.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

17 hours ago, verkald31 said:

i have to say im playing as arsenal, and i cant understand why you have dropped the value of Lacazette and likrly his CR in this years version  i dont get why that is the case, he has a long contract, and is playing well irl,  i think thit is not a representation of his ability, his stats seem quite low to reflect his real  life counterpart, i get this is my opinion, but he seems quite underrated in certain aspects i mean 11 work rate is criminal , Mesut Ozil a player that goes missing and is renowned for languishing on the Football Pitch has the same work rate ? , Lacazette is pressing from the front incredibly hard under unai emery this year, i feel he is underrated  !

20181021072048_1.jpg

I also brought this up on the second page. And made the same point that especially work rate is very underrated.

@Dan Ormsby sorry to keep hassling you on this and I know you said you weren't keen on changing his stats before the release but I feel really strongly that his work rate should be upgraded to atleast 14. Ozil's work rate is also 11 and this means that for Arsenal managers we'll be carrying two players with low work rate which isn't great for pressing from the front. 

As I suggested if his work rate goes +3

Natural fitness -1

Bravery -1

Crossing -1

could be the best way to compensate.

Cheers

On 19/10/2018 at 20:50, Mark.Alexander said:

Good evening guys.  loving the 'right' click options on the side menu.  Nice touch Si - :)

Karius loan contract from Liverpool to Besiktas is logged in the game as until 1-7-2020. This matches what is widely reported (ie a two year loan).  However, the game then says he will join permanently on 1-7-2021.  I'm assuming the 2021 part is an error.  If Karius were to end the loan 1-7-2020 this would mean it would then return to the club, not be able to be loaned out for a year and then leave in the summer of 2021.

Is this correct?

Did anyone reply to this as I came to say the same thing!

I know there were more clauses in the deal about when it became permenant too 

2 hours ago, CrashOverride said:

Did anyone reply to this as I came to say the same thing!

I know there were more clauses in the deal about when it became permenant too 

@Mark.Alexander @CrashOverride Thanks for bringing to my attention the Karius future transfer error; that was my mistake, and has been rectified in the database, now.  Apologies!

14 hours ago, Mark.Alexander said:

Thanks

Thanks for the Firmino heads up - this has now been changed, in the database.

6 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

@Mark.Alexander @CrashOverride Thanks for bringing to my attention the Karius future transfer error; that was my mistake, and has been rectified in the database, now.  Apologies!

Thanks @Pete Sottrel  going to be interesting to see what happens in my existing save as his contract also runs out in 2021 so we will end up with a transfer fee for a player who's contract is up. but then his new club wont have him for long before contract expires. 

Ah well Ill have a spare keeper for a season! 

14 hours ago, Karl_BD said:

Yarmolenko's injury is apparently 6+ months, as per Darren Lewis;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-west-ham-winger-andriy-13453833

I also wonder if Bailly doesn't deserve a downgrade? Still at 170 PA and some of the highest physical and mental stats in game, despite being a horror show in terms of concentration and composure in real life for the past year...

Thanks for that, Karl_BD.  Yarmolenko's injury, having only just happened, in real life, will not feature in the release version of FM2019.

Has anybody managed to find Željko Buvač in the FM 19 database, I know he has left Liverpool but I can not find him in my database. I have England, France, Germany, Spain loaded with a large database. 

28 minutes ago, HOTBULLETOWEN said:

Has anybody managed to find Željko Buvač in the FM 19 database, I know he has left Liverpool but I can not find him in my database. I have England, France, Germany, Spain loaded with a large database. 

There has been no official announcement from Liverpool to say that Buvac has left the club, but he is not performing assistant manager duties, at present, at the club.  Therefore, as things stand, he will not appear in FM2019.

I think a Cardiff’s debts are too high and don’t allow for the latest trache of debt converted to equity by Tan. 

Link: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-owner-vincent-tan-14872242

As pointed out by others, the negative balance at the start of the game had triggered the taking out of a bank loan. I understand the methodology used to derive the current balances but surely if these are correct then there is an understanding that future cashflows will soon sort the situation? Rather than half the clubs in the division taking out loans?

Additionally, understanding that database values can be blank for youth players, almost all of the Cardiff U18 and some U23 players have very low determination - less than 5 in almost all cases. I wonder if something is driving this but it feels unrealistic?

Also as Wales manager I have been rejected for call ups by some players with dual nationality that are seemingly committed to Wales - notably Rabbi Matondo (link below) and Matt Smith (Captained side at youth levels).

Link:  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-citys-rabbi-matondo-cardiff-15244426

Edited by MagicMike013

7 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

@Dan Ormsby sorry to keep hassling you on this and I know you said you weren't keen on changing his stats before the release but I feel really strongly that his work rate should be upgraded

I had a think about this at the end of last week and actually requested a raise in his work rate with a couple of minor adjustments down elsewhere.  No doubt he spend all of tonight's game stood still in the centre circle with his hands on his hips :D

27 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

I had a think about this at the end of last week and actually requested a raise in his work rate with a couple of minor adjustments down elsewhere.  No doubt he spend all of tonight's game stood still in the centre circle with his hands on his hips :D

Wouldn't expect anything other than that now :lol: