Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

After posts by @TopToffee and @evertonmarc I decided to check to see what the figures were.

@Pete Sottrel looking at this:
 25af65b459013ea74523d2b025747e1f.png

From the last set of accounts filed for Everton at the turn of the year (long link so click here and go to page 45) Everton should actually be in £150m debt to the owner, repayable upon departure. It does indeed seem that there is no more external debt (potentially outside of some issues with the season ticket stuff which I don't know enough about) at Everton, but there is now a vast debt owed to Moshiri.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

@diddydaddydoddy: Liverpool are looking very good and players are performing as I would expect them to. Good job!

The only general thing I've noticed is that Clyne seems a bit too good. I can't really pinpoint what I would change, but he just performs a bit better that I would assume. I don't have any direct inputs as to what to change, so think of this as a general feedback, not a report of something wrong.

Other than that I'm a bit disappointed in a few youth ratings (Tagseth, Camacho, Hoever to mention a few) compared to what I expected, but I haven't been able to see many youth games the last few years and have only relied on reports, so I'll trust that you know better than me about this! :)

Barcelona bought Clyne for £40m in one of my saves (summer 2019). So yeah he's probably a little bit too good.

@Erick1011 @Pebder88 the last set of published accounts (click here if you want to check them yourselves) show a £60m debt owed to W.W Group, which I assume based on the nature of that business is your old chairman and loans owed to him. 

Your owners will have presumably paid this off, and as you say, likely without even flinching because they have the money. That money has now changed so its no longer money owed to W.W Group, its owed to your current owners. In addition to this, any other money they've invested in the club since taking over will be a debt to the owners in terms of owner loans. There are ways clubs can convert this debt hanging around their neck into something useful, but its still an on-paper debt. It shouldn't be having the implications you're mentioning in game, so I would suggest getting that logged in the bugs section (unless the club is starting with a massive negative balance, then that might be a data issue). 

It's very unlikely the owners will do anything with this debt until they look to move on. One reason is it adds value to the club in one regard, for the owners should they ever look to sell that is. You can insist the incoming owner buys the club + pays off their debt. It's been a massive thing in football recently. Alternatively, if they wish to leave the club in a healthier state financially, it can generally be a lot easier to negotiate, with less issues from FFP and such to do so when taking over a club. 

If the Wolves owners right now just went to issue shares, and used that loan owed money to buy up all the shares it would be in breach of FFP rules on circumventing owner investment (this was the way clubs used to do it before FFP). 

image.thumb.png.2759cc9ab7905c5ca597b70dc96e1244.png

I believe the Watford transfer record is Andre Gray from last summer and not Success? £19 million or something?

Love the new look of the game by the way.

Geir Egil

Just now, Geir Egil said:

image.thumb.png.2759cc9ab7905c5ca597b70dc96e1244.png

I believe the Watford transfer record is Andre Gray from last summer and not Success? £19 million or something?

Love the new look of the game by the way.

Geir Egil

According to Transfermarkt it was a £10m initial fee including bonuses that could bring up the total fee to £20 million.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andre-gray/profil/spieler/120565

Lacazette's stats are very poorly underrated imo.

Dribbling 14 

Finishing 15 

First touch 15

Long shots 12

Passing 12 (!)

Composure 15

Determination 12(!!)

Work Rate 11(!!!) This one is unbelievable. His work rate is known to be one of his greatest assets and was rated much higher in previous versions. This is a big concern.

Agility 15

Balance 15

Edited by NabsKebabs

I'm managing Palace at the moment and I think that its wrong that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is my third best RB (behind Ward and Kelly) when he is the 1st choice RB in real life this season. It would be good if the Palace researchers could have another look at those threes' ratings.

Edited by NG39
sp

10 hours ago, Noshy87 said:

Many Arsenal players are showing 'basic' English when they should have fluent or very good. Examples include Grant Xhaka, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Bernd Leno, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubamayang and Sead Kolasinac. All have given interviews in English to the media over the past year in good English.

not sure what's going on with the Arsenal data.

Another example I have is Ramsey - finishing 11?! That's his biggest asset apart from off the ball movement. 

9 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

I would like to know why Wolves are £100M in debt at the start of the game, and I’m advised not to offer a contract to John Ruddy, because of our financial situation. 

1st of all, Ruddy signed a contract not too long ago -

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/08/31/wolves-goalkeeper-john-ruddy-signs-new-deal/

2nd, and most importantly, our owners are LOADED. There’s no reason for Wolves to be in debt, especially since we complied with FFP last season in the Championship, and we HARDLY, spent too much this summer, as opposed to Fulham’s £100M thrown in the trash.

Thanks for that, Erick1011 - Ruddy's contract details have been amended.

All clubs are treated the same, finance-wise, in the database.  We start off with the "Cash" amount, as stated in the last available set of accounts, which is for the year 2016/17.  From there, we do our best to work out what the income/expenditure has been in the interim period.

In the season 2016/17, the club made a £23m loss. Clearly, Wolves will have had higher outgoings, in terms of their wages, than money coming in, during the 2017/18 season, too.

On top of that, we have to factor in net expenditure in the summer 2018 transfer window, which amounts to over £60m.

So, we start the game with Wolves having a £70m+ negative cash balance.  However, the club is set as having a "Sugar Daddy", which means that the club will not struggle in-game unduly, financially, as money will be put in by the owners, as happens in real life.  We have also set Wolves with a reasonable transfer budget (considering the club already starts FM2019 with the players that it has acquired over the summer of 2018) with which to start the game, of about £20m, and sufficient leeway in the weekly wage budget to pay a decent player.

As the game plays, you should not find that the finances hinder the gameplay, but we couldn't have it so that Wolves starts the game with the players that it had bought over the summer, but without any of the financial implications of that expenditure.

This issue relates to Wolves, Birmingham and Aston Villa FC

There's two coaches at Birmingham, youth coaches. Christopher Butler - DOB is wrong, it should be 22/7/88 AND he is now in a similar role at Wolves (step up in the set up from blues)
And Samuel Meek is at Blues on the game but he is now in a similar role but now at Aston Villa 

In Marlos Moreno's (Man City) history the loan option needs ticking for when he was at Deportivo in the 16/17 season and the same with Manu Garcia at Alaves in 16/17.

Edited by Timma

15 minutes ago, NG39 said:

I managing Palace at the moment and I think that its wrong that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is my third best RB (behind Ward and Kelly) when he is the 1st choice RB in real life this season. It would be good if the Palace researchers could have another look at those threes' ratings.

Some managers give young players an opportunity to develop through playing first team football, even though many of their skills (especially the ones that blossom through the gaining of experience) are not yet as developed as those of other, older players in the squad.  If you manage Palace and give Wan-Bissaka the opportunity he is getting, in real life, you will not be disappointed.

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

After posts by @TopToffee and @evertonmarc I decided to check to see what the figures were.

From the last set of accounts filed for Everton at the turn of the year (long link so click here and go to page 45) Everton should actually be in £150m debt to the owner, repayable upon departure. It does indeed seem that there is no more external debt (potentially outside of some issues with the season ticket stuff which I don't know enough about) at Everton, but there is now a vast debt owed to Moshiri.

The Everton "debt" that we have in the database is indeed £150m owing to Moshiri ("Chairman Gift - Repayable on Departure").

The other amount showing is the lease on Finch Farm (£36.7m spread over 43 years - from 2014 to 2057).

33 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Lacazette's stats are very poorly underrated imo.

Dribbling 14 

Finishing 15 

First touch 15

Long shots 12

Passing 12 (!)

Composure 15

Determination 12(!!)

Work Rate 11(!!!) This one is unbelievable. His work rate is known to be one of his greatest assets and was rated much higher in previous versions. This is a big concern.

Agility 15

Balance 15

What do you think these should be and which attributes would you bring down to balance things?

7 hours ago, feltus89 said:

Silvino Louro is set as Assistant Manager for Man Utd. When it should be Mckenna or Carrick?

Thanks for that, feltus89.  As United don't officially have an Asst Mgr, I thought that I'd set it so that they could operate, in-game, without one; I'll investigate this to see why it hasn't gone as planned...

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

Cheers mate, didn't realise it had increased (was only £80m originally i think).

Still, obviously you start -£40m in debt and another loan gets taken out.

Difficult situation for a researcher to put that into the game easily i guess

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

You can get newgens as young as 14 I believe, but in terms of real players, the only one I can think of in recent years was Martin Odegaard, but that was a unique situation where he personally requested to be in the game and we got written permission from his parents.

Also some 1st year scholars will still be 15 at the start date of the game as turn 16 in late July/August 2018

38 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

not sure what's going on with the Arsenal data.

Another example I have is Ramsey - finishing 11?! That's his biggest asset apart from off the ball movement. 

He fluffs a lot of chances that would be pretty routine for a genuine striker. He gets a lot of chances due to his engine and quality of movement in and around the box, but his actual finishing isn't amazing (imo). One point above average seems pretty fair.

He'll score plenty of goals with 11 finishing. It's not a bad rating unless his Composure, Technique etc. are all poor as well.

44 minutes ago, NG39 said:

I'm managing Palace at the moment and I think that its wrong that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is my third best RB (behind Ward and Kelly) when he is the 1st choice RB in real life this season. It would be good if the Palace researchers could have another look at those threes' ratings.

It's very easy to get over-excited about young players breaking through, so researchers tend to err on the side of caution. AI managers have a bit more tendency to play Hot Prospects this year so it's worth seeing how he fares in-game.

In Wan-Bissaka's case I can see him having pretty high CA to begin with though due to his obvious high Physical attributes. Fast, tall and strong. When he played against Swansea's kids in the cup he stood out (almost literally).

Jacob Murphy should be right-footed, not left-footed. His identical twin Josh has recently been changed from left to right in-game also, which is correct.

Sources:

As a Newcastle fan this is very frustrating due to our abundance of left-footed wingers in Ritchie, Atsu, Kenedy and Aarons. It'd be nice for our only right-footed winger to be correct!

42 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

What do you think these should be and which attributes would you bring down to balance things?

I'll focus on the main ones I disagree with:

Work rate - 14 minimum imo. Ask any Lyon fan and they'll say he pressed like a madman. Especially under Emery he presses hard. Wenger didn't give him any instructions on defending (Lacazette said this once in an interview) but even then you would regularly see him track back deep into Arsenal's half to put in a challenge.

Determination - 13 or 14. He was around 14/15 in the previous game and not sure why he got downgraded so much. He is willing to fight for his place in the team and generally has a very strong character.

Passing - 13 or 14. Lacazette is known for his link play and is capable of pulling off some wonderful passes (for example his backheel assist for Ozil against Liverpool last season)

Not easy to suggest a downgrade but perhaps bravery could be one less and so could crossing.

Edit: Given his injury troubles last season, natural fitness could viably be downgraded to 14.

Edited by NabsKebabs

Everton's Gylfi Sigurdsson looks a bit underrated to me - Decisions, Off the ball and vision all just 13. Would've thought at least a point higher for each. 

40 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

The Everton "debt" that we have in the database is indeed £150m owing to Moshiri ("Chairman Gift - Repayable on Departure").

The other amount showing is the lease on Finch Farm (£36.7m spread over 43 years - from 2014 to 2057).

The loans that are in the database are absolutely fine. As is the transfer budget being low (to take into account the players brought in over the summer)

having a balance of -(£50m) seems odd though - especially when it triggers the implementation of a new £45m bank loan days into the game.

22 minutes ago, swansongs said:

He fluffs a lot of chances that would be pretty routine for a genuine striker. He gets a lot of chances due to his engine and quality of movement in and around the box, but his actual finishing isn't amazing (imo). One point above average seems pretty fair.

He'll score plenty of goals with 11 finishing. It's not a bad rating unless his Composure, Technique etc. are all poor as well.

fair call. I want to sell him anyway when I start my Gunners save. 

5 hours ago, GSevensM75 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Do you have any links backing up their pay?

It is hard to pin down correct salaries for staff but I'd expect the Manager to earn 3x to 5x more than the Assistant Manager.

@mrhmw2 @GSevensM75

Yes, I think that more like £20kpw for Pérez and £8kpw for Toni Jiménez would look more reasonable.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

@diddydaddydoddy: Liverpool are looking very good and players are performing as I would expect them to. Good job!

The only general thing I've noticed is that Clyne seems a bit too good. I can't really pinpoint what I would change, but he just performs a bit better that I would assume. I don't have any direct inputs as to what to change, so think of this as a general feedback, not a report of something wrong.

Other than that I'm a bit disappointed in a few youth ratings (Tagseth, Camacho, Hoever to mention a few) compared to what I expected, but I haven't been able to see many youth games the last few years and have only relied on reports, so I'll trust that you know better than me about this! :)

I've actually reduced Clyne's CA. Hard to tell how good he is going to be now that he's back from injury and had a pre-season behind him yet can't even get in the first team match squad. I will continue to monitor for the next data input though. I have increased CA/PAs for Tagseth and Camacho in particular (as well as others Jones, Phillips, Kelleher etc). Hoever's rating has come from the Ajax researcher.

2 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Not easy to suggest a downgrade but perhaps bravery could be one less and so could crossing.

We can't put attributes up without lowering others.  I decided to lower his overall CA (and certain attributes) after a few listless performances in the second half of last season where he looked like he'd rather be at home with his feet up.  I agree that he's looked sharper under Emery and has done well in the main when given chances this season.  Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong by him working hard in every game and banging in 15-20 goals before the new year.  I will review his attributes for our data update in early 2019, as I will with all the players, but I won't be making any changes ahead of release.  In testing he still performs well with the CA and attributes he has been given, in terms of his performances and goals / assists.

1 minute ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I've actually reduced Clyne's CA. Hard to tell how good he is going to be now that he's back from injury and had a pre-season behind him yet can't even get in the first team match squad. I will continue to monitor for the next data input though. I have increased CA/PAs for Tagseth and Camacho in particular (as well as others Jones, Phillips, Kelleher etc). Hoever's rating has come from the Ajax researcher.

Yeah, I understand that rating Clyne is difficult since he hasn't played much.

I trust your judgement on the youngsters, and if they have a non-fixed potential then I might have gotten unlucky. Camacho in particular were quite poor in my game, even the assistants rating were only 1,5 stars. I'll carry on though, and see if it improves. Thanks for a job well done! :thup:

29 minutes ago, OleM said:

Adrien Silva plays for MUFC...

He definitely starts at Leicester but often ends up at United on some test saves I've been doing. I personally find this one bizarre decision-making from the AI (considering Pogba, Matic, A Pereira, McTominay, Herrera, Fred and Fellaini are all at the club). His CA is still quite high but surely United ought to be after a top central midfielder if they are even after one at all?

7 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

We can't put attributes up without lowering others.  I decided to lower his overall CA (and certain attributes) after a few listless performances in the second half of last season where he looked like he'd rather be at home with his feet up.  I agree that he's looked sharper under Emery and has done well in the main when given chances this season.  Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong by him working hard in every game and banging in 15-20 goals before the new year.  I will review his attributes for our data update in early 2019, as I will with all the players, but I won't be making any changes ahead of release.  In testing he still performs well with the CA and attributes he has been given, in terms of his performances and goals / assists.

He had a period of bad form yeah.

But in his last 6 league appearance he managed 5 goals and an assist. Also got 3 goals in Arsenal's last 4 Europa League games. Has been Arsenal's best player this season by far aswell.

On the attributes my big concern is work rate. It looks very inaccurate to me.

How about this suggestion:

Work rate +3 to 14.

Crossing -1 to 10

Bravery -1 to 13

Natural Fitness -1 to 14.

That should leave his CA the same.

Edited by NabsKebabs

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I understand that rating Clyne is difficult since he hasn't played much.

I trust your judgement on the youngsters, and if they have a non-fixed potential then I might have gotten unlucky. Camacho in particular were quite poor in my game, even the assistants rating were only 1,5 stars. I'll carry on though, and see if it improves. Thanks for a job well done! :thup:

Unfortunately the research doesn't dictate the number of stars - that's the opinion of the Ass Man via AI I believe. Funnily enough Camacho has been quite good, if a little inconsistent, for me - training and playing with the first team, yet I can't quite get Jones to play as well as I'd like - probably my tactics. Clyne has been solid and unspectacular with only 1 assist in c18 games (TAA been injured) - quite realistic to be fair.

1 hour ago, Richardjack said:

This issue relates to Wolves, Birmingham and Aston Villa FC

There's two coaches at Birmingham, youth coaches. Christopher Butler - DOB is wrong, it should be 22/7/88 AND he is now in a similar role at Wolves (step up in the set up from blues)
And Samuel Meek is at Blues on the game but he is now in a similar role but now at Aston Villa 

Sorry, you'll have to forgive my ignorance here as I am tired and a bit shellshocked, but I don't understand what you are telling me, plus I need more information.

Butler - when did he leave Birmingham please? When did he join Wolves? What job has he got at Wolves? Have you got proof of this, please?
Meek - when did he leave Birmingham please? When did he join Villa? What job has he got at Villa? Have you got proof of this, please? 

5 hours ago, TopToffee said:

Ditto for Everton starting £47m in the red, and taking out a £45m, 10yr bank loan in the first few days.

One of Moshiri's main aims when coming into the club was to reduce the externally held debt down to zero, which he did by repaying various loans. I don't see any reason for the negative balance or subsequent loan if we're aiming for realism?

@TopToffee @evertonmarc @santy001

Thanks, TopToffee and evertonmarc.  As I noted in my response to the Wolves finances post, we treat the finances of all the Premier League clubs in the same way:

- we start out with the stated cash balance in the latest available set of accounts (2016/17).

- we add in all the estimated income streams for 2017/18 financial year (mainly broadcasting - Prem and Europa League, matchday, and commercial/other) and the stated £70m cash injection from Moshiri.

- we take away the projected expenses (mostly wages, which will have risen considerably, given the number of incoming players - Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro, Keane, Rooney, Martina, Sigurdsson, Vlasic, Walcott).

-we then take into account the net spends in the transfer windows following those last published accounts (approx. £44m summer 2016, £19m Jan 2017 and £45m summer 2018).

So, we end up with a fairly large negative cash balance.  It is difficult to balance a game start date of June 2018 with the finances of October 2018; you start the game with the players that were bought over the summer, and we have to take account of the financial implications of those acquisitions.

Everton have got a "Sugar Daddy" status set, and the initial appearance of a large negative cash balance shouldn't be an inordinately intrusive obstacle to the way the game pans out, in terms of transfer and wage budgets, or, in the medium to long term, in terms of the cash balance, itself.

Talking of Wan-Bissaka, for me his stand out attribute should be his tackling. The stats behind it are superb for a lad who has barely played senior football. I get why people are saying don't get carried away etc (i'm not suggesting he is going to be the best right back ever etc) but he is by far Palace's best RB.

DpoGzaoXoAAFmLw.jpg:large

7 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

@TopToffee @evertonmarc @santy001

Thanks, TopToffee and evertonmarc.  As I noted in my response to the Wolves finances post, we treat the finances of all the Premier League clubs in the same way:

- we start out with the stated cash balance in the latest available set of accounts (2016/17).

- we add in all the estimated income streams for 2017/18 financial year (mainly broadcasting - Prem and Europa League, matchday, and commercial/other) and the stated £70m cash injection from Moshiri.

- we take away the projected expenses (mostly wages, which will have risen considerably, given the number of incoming players - Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro, Keane, Rooney, Martina, Sigurdsson, Vlasic, Walcott).

-we then take into account the net spends in the transfer windows following those last published accounts (approx. £44m summer 2016, £19m Jan 2017 and £45m summer 2018).

So, we end up with a fairly large negative cash balance.  It is difficult to balance a game start date of June 2018 with the finances of October 2018; you start the game with the players that were bought over the summer, and we have to take account of the financial implications of those acquisitions.

Everton have got a "Sugar Daddy" status set, and the initial appearance of a large negative cash balance shouldn't be an inordinately intrusive obstacle to the way the game pans out, in terms of transfer and wage budgets, or, in the medium to long term, in terms of the cash balance, itself.

That sort of makes sense I guess in terms of the raw numbers...

The real issue is the way the game reacts to that number... It forces the club to take out a new (and fairly significant) loan - which impacts the finances in a negative (and unrealistic) way for the long term (repayments, interest etc).

Chelsea feedback

- Kepa seems underrated.  Hopefully reflected in his potential ability, but the gulf in class to other PL keepers (e.g., Allison, overrated) is concerning.  I'd recommend an adjustment to his kicking.  After years of watching Courtois, Kepa is so far head with kicking (Courtois 15, Kepa 12)

- Jorginho's technical attributes seem low also (relative to say Bakayoko or Kovacic)

- Azpilicueta seems to be toned down vs. prior years; any reason for that as he is consistently one of Chelsea's best performers

- Emerson is potentially overrated - leading PL LB, but as said above, he doesn't even feature

Just now, Phil930 said:

Chelsea feedback

- Kepa seems underrated.  Hopefully reflected in his potential ability, but the gulf in class to other PL keepers (e.g., Allison, overrated) is concerning.  I'd recommend an adjustment to his kicking.  After years of watching Courtois, Kepa is so far head with kicking (Courtois 15, Kepa 12)

- Jorginho's technical attributes seem low also (relative to say Bakayoko or Kovacic)

- Azpilicueta seems to be toned down vs. prior years; any reason for that as he is consistently one of Chelsea's best performers

- Emerson is potentially overrated - leading PL LB, but as said above, he doesn't even feature

Kepa shouldn't get a higher rating simply because other teams have better keepers.

Kepa is still extremely good in game but obviously a less decorated and experienced player than Ederson or Alisson.

Agreed on Emerson though.

44 minutes ago, Gripper said:

Sorry, you'll have to forgive my ignorance here as I am tired and a bit shellshocked, but I don't understand what you are telling me, plus I need more information.

Butler - when did he leave Birmingham please? When did he join Wolves? What job has he got at Wolves? Have you got proof of this, please?
Meek - when did he leave Birmingham please? When did he join Villa? What job has he got at Villa? Have you got proof of this, please? 

Butler is a friend of mine, went to school together, he joined Wolves at the end of the last season. twitter handle : @cjrbutler88 academy gk coach

Meek ... roughly same time as Butler .. twitter handle : @meeky1989 - lead academy gk coach 

Edited by Richardjack

37 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

Chelsea feedback

I'm guessing that the majority of Kepa's attributes will have been done by Ath Bilbao's researcher who probably watched him for all of last season. In the same way I have kept vast majority of AS Roma researchers attributes for Alisson. Both keepers have played only c10 games in the PL to be judged on, which obviously by comparison isn't as a big a sample.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

9 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

only c10 games in the PL to be judged on, which obviously by comparison isn't as a big a samp

That's fair, just seems a little underrated IMO and is the challenge with the subjectivity in rating across continents.  Thanks for the quick reply.

6 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

That's fair, just seems a little underrated IMO and is the challenge with the subjectivity in rating across continents.  Thanks for the quick reply.

In theory, for the next data drop more games will have been watched and attributes can be tweaked accordingly. I have a few I'm itching to do for Alisson.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

49 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

Chelsea feedback

Kepa and Jorginho have retained their profiles from the Spanish and Italian databases, where they've played considerably more football, and they'll be evaluated as they play more for Chelsea.

The same sort of applies to Emerson, who has barely featured at Chelsea since signing.

Azpi's had a bit of a downgrade because he's quite honestly warranted it. Hasn't been nearly as good over the last year as he was prior to that.

6 hours ago, shaunwwfc said:

They are both a concern but I am sure they are being addressed. Remember this is still beta and the data lock has not been placed yet (least I think)

Neves and Ruddy's new contract have also not been added. Vinagre wage is also too high.

I am also very uncomfortable with the wages of Patricio and Moutinho. I understand they were both big "marquee" signings and Wolves owners are loaded, but it leaves a huge gap between those salaries and the rest of the side. Without sounding cheesy, that is not what "the pack" at Wolves are about.

I have not started a save with Wolves yet, but that combined with the finance issue means in-game it could develop into a very difficult management issue with huge implications in house. Total contrast to RL imo.

@Pebder88 @Erick1011 @shaunwwfc

Thanks for your input.

Neves new contract has been added, as well as that of Ruddy.

Of course, some estimates were made re Patricio and Moutinho, but they were both earning big money at Sporting and Monaco, respectively, and came without transfer fees, to speak of. Will they have joined Wolves to take a cut in wages?

4 hours ago, Tizzles said:

I've defiantly seen 15 year olds on there before...

To add to @Dan Ormsby 's post about regens, another situation you might see is that as you start your save game in June; a player may be 15, but we're essentially going back in time. The limit for needing to be 16 is 1st September.

A great example of this will be in Manchester City U18s on FM19: Jayden Braaf's 16th birthday is on August 31st 2018, as late as it can possibly be for inclusion - meaning he'll be 15 for 3 months of in-game time!

Jonny Castro from Wolves is both-footed (listed as having a weak right foot in my save) and has played primarily as a left wingback so far this season.