Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

On 11/02/2019 at 12:17, Dan Ormsby said:

That actually says £125k for Welbeck unless my eyes are completely not working!  Also around £180k for Lacazette?  This is what they are in game!

Its strange because it says different to when i posted it, it really did say 70k etc as do the other links, but i cant really prove it now.

As far as Auba goes he is rated 16 as a left winger in the editor, imo he should be 18/19 at the very least since he plays there as much as he does as a striker for us, and as mentioned has tons of goals from that position as a IF, For example Calum Chambers is rated 19 RB and 20 CB but he has not played as a right back other than as cover since his Southampton days, and defitley no more than Auba has played LW in the last few years, in fact a lot less, Chambers is mainly a DM now also.

5 hours ago, GS1981 said:

Its strange because it says different to when i posted it, it really did say 70k etc as do the other links, but i cant really prove it now.

As far as Auba goes he is rated 16 as a left winger in the editor, imo he should be 18/19 at the very least since he plays there as much as he does as a striker for us, and as mentioned has tons of goals from that position as a IF, For example Calum Chambers is rated 19 RB and 20 CB but he has not played as a right back other than as cover since his Southampton days, and defitley no more than Auba has played LW in the last few years, in fact a lot less, Chambers is mainly a DM now also.

you all see different number may due to tax problem....?

19 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Thanks for this.  Can confirm that in the file I have already submitted, Mustafi has been looked at in this regard, as has Lichtsteiner.  Saka and a variety of youth players have had a full review and this will be apparent when the update goes live.

You're doing a good job Dan, thanks.

12 hours ago, GS1981 said:

Chambers is not in my file, he is in the Fulham file and it will be the Fulham researcher's responsibility to change him however he sees fit in this data update.

I have already increased Aubameyang's AML positional ability score to 17. He is more than capable of playing well there in-game with this score (as he was with a score of 16).  Anything higher than 17 I think would be wrong.  He is first and foremost a striker.  If you have an issue with the role score circle not being green enough (as some people have with various players/positions), that is not a database/research issue.

For Man Utd who is the researcher?

Would like to see Greenwood get an update in PA and Gomes/Chong a downgrade in PA.  Since stepping up to the U23's this season Gomes/Chong have wavered and not standing out as much where as Greenwood has stood out among those 3. What are the researcher's thoughts?

4 minutes ago, chad2192 said:

For Man Utd who is the researcher?

Would like to see Greenwood get an update in PA and Gomes/Chong a downgrade in PA.  Since stepping up to the U23's this season Gomes/Chong have wavered and not standing out as much where as Greenwood has stood out among those 3. What are the researcher's thoughts?

It's NickOGS20 but I have to say I massively disagree with this. Greenwood has played twice (I think from memory) for the U23s and looked out of sorts in both games despite the goal on his debut. Far too good for U18s/U19s level but hasn't been able to make an impact when playing against more developed players at U23s. Gomes and Chong have consistently been two of the better, if not the best players on the pitch at that level and have both made their senior debuts. They all have in-game PAs that give them the opportunity to become world class players with Chong rated slightly higher than the other two. 

6 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

It's NickOGS20 but I have to say I massively disagree with this. Greenwood has played twice (I think from memory) for the U23s and looked out of sorts in both games despite the goal on his debut. Far too good for U18s/U19s level but hasn't been able to make an impact when playing against more developed players at U23s. Gomes and Chong have consistently been two of the better, if not the best players on the pitch at that level and have both made their senior debuts. They all have in-game PAs that give them the opportunity to become world class players with Chong rated slightly higher than the other two. 

Really? I've heard from those that watched Chong that he has lost a bit of his edge. Afraid of taking players on as much as he used to and is doing a lot sideways/backward passing..afraid to express himself. Is that him being double teamed by more physical players at the 23's level?

2 hours ago, chad2192 said:

Really? I've heard from those that watched Chong that he has lost a bit of his edge. Afraid of taking players on as much as he used to and is doing a lot sideways/backward passing..afraid to express himself. Is that him being double teamed by more physical players at the 23's level?

He’s not had the same impact that he had last year granted but he’s not been awful. Compared to some of the other “performances” I’ve seen from some of the u23 players this season he’s done alright. He has been subjected to a bit more physical treatment than last year now that he’s a known quantity in the league and defenders have adapted their game to deal with him but there’s still a player in there capable of reaching his potential. Gomes in addition to his injury problems had a similar type of season last year. This year he’s been probably our best player that level and when good things happen it’s generally the two of them at the heart of it. 

@GSevensM75

Taking the liberty to tag you since you were the Spurs researcher last time I checked.

I played Spurs extensively this FM and also watched them a fair bit, and I have some suggestions in mind for several players, mostly related to positional ability/ppms/personality. Let me know if you're willing and it's still possible to consider them at this point.

I won't get into ability/attributes unless you're open to it - these are always more contentious and it's easy to get overexcited after a good run in form.

On 17/02/2019 at 01:04, SD said:

@GSevensM75

Taking the liberty to tag you since you were the Spurs researcher last time I checked.

I played Spurs extensively this FM and also watched them a fair bit, and I have some suggestions in mind for several players, mostly related to positional ability/ppms/personality. Let me know if you're willing and it's still possible to consider them at this point.

I won't get into ability/attributes unless you're open to it - these are always more contentious and it's easy to get overexcited after a good run in form.

@SD

Hi SD, it is always good to get feedback so please go ahead!  It's probably too late for this round of updates but any errors can be resolved for the next FM release.  You may find some of your observations have already been updated but not yet released.

FYI though, personality isn't defined by me but by a combination of attribute scores.

Not a Premier Division issue, but I will put this here. The English FA Cup history list includes the nation Tamil Indian in place of Wanderers FC.

pe45kvR.png

Edited by duccio

Will Dennis (Bournemouth) is missing a loan spell with Guernsey from last season in his history. Joined around 14/10/2017 and left 05/01/2018. https://www.guernseyfc.com/team/goalkeepers/will-dennis

Jordan Holmes (Bournemouth) is missing a loan spell with Weymouth in his history from the 15/16 season. Joined them 20/11/2015 and left 01/12/2015. https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14115419.afc-bournemouth-rookie-keeper-holmes-recalled-from-weymouth-loan/

Jack Simpson (Bournemouth) also had a loan with AFC Totton in the 15/16 season that is missing however I can't seem to find any exact dates. https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/bournemouth-defender-jack-simpson-afc-totton-loan-ideal-for-me-4248207

Matt Butcher (Bournemouth) is also missing a loan with Poole Town from the 14/15 season. He joined them 26/03/2015 and left 31/05/2015.https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15843551.Midfielder_Matt_Butcher_signs_new_deal_with_Cherries/

Edited by Timma

At the start of the game Felipe Anderson (west ham) is not listed as their record signing

also why is michael owen not listed as a liverpool icon

Untitled1.png

@Stefan01 Michael Owen is not universally liked by the fans,. Iirc he ran down his contract when he was at the top of his game having said he was going to stay (?) and he joined Man Utd - a cardinal sin :). There was a rivalry with Fowler who was a Liverpool lad. And an underlying feeling that he favoured England Over Liverpool. With a foot in both camps it doesn't go down well with our fans when he refers to Man Utd as 'we'.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

2 hours ago, Stefan01 said:

At the start of the game Felipe Anderson (west ham) is not listed as their record signing

also why is michael owen not listed as a liverpool icon

Untitled1.png

The Felipe Anderson transfer was an error, but has been fixed in the winter update

I'd have an issue with Ryan Sessegnon's strength. Having watched him for the last three seasons, he's been knocked about royally in the Premier League, so I'd say another 2 point drop to, say, 6.

On 27/02/2019 at 20:20, mattgranger said:

The Felipe Anderson transfer was an error, but has been fixed in the winter update

Michael owen is never liverpool icon.

Harvey Barnes' PA is only 

Spoiler

?

It should be significantly higher imo, I appreciate he's not played many games for us but his promise with WBA was very obvious. On the other hand I'd say Choudhury with the same PA figure is too generous. Again caveatted by relatively few minutes but he looks a bit limited to me, very decent ball winner but lacking in other areas.

1 minute ago, Arsenal71 said:

Neither of Leicesters or Fulhams managers have been replaced, still Ranieri and Puel in my recent creation. May have been after data lock however thought they could have been added and included as a EDT file.

rodgers is at leicester parker intrim manager at fulham i had same problem i had to verify integrity of game files through steam for the winter update to work properly i dont no why 

1 minute ago, Mush1983 said:

rodgers is at leicester parker intrim manager at fulham i had same problem i had to verify integrity of game files through steam for the winter update to work properly i dont no why 

Ok thanks ill give that a try.

3 hours ago, Fosse said:

Harvey Barnes' PA is only 

Reveal hidden contents

?

It should be significantly higher imo, I appreciate he's not played many games for us but his promise with WBA was very obvious. On the other hand I'd say Choudhury with the same PA figure is too generous. Again caveatted by relatively few minutes but he looks a bit limited to me, very decent ball winner but lacking in other areas.

I've not been in control of Barnes since early summer, but I'm almost certain I had him at a random PA (-8) before he left for WBA.

I'd be surprised if that's not still the case, is your figure from a save game or direct from the editor?I Ifit is 145, then that is clearly a mistake. I'll check in the morning.

Choudhury also has negative PA, but I disagree on him being limited. I've always been a massive fan of him for the U23s, and although yes he is an Ndidi-mould ball winner now, I think he has real capabilities to improve in the box to box respect as we saw over Christmas. 

Hope everything else is looking okay, in particular I hope I've addressed all of your other helpful suggestions :)

Posted (edited)

@diddydaddydoddy

thx first.

Can help to take a look on Mirza Varesanovic relationship?

Seems he have a brother Mak, Mak have a father Mirza. But not either way. Know that non-liverpool player should not handle by you.

Edited by bananahk

@GSevensM75

Haven't had much time for FM lately so thought I'd wait for your updates first, and of course I fully agree with some, I disagree with others, but I have to say I'm shocked to see Winks getting a CA/PA downgrade following his best season with us so far and having established himself as our first choice midfielder. Personally, what won me over this season weren't his performances, but how well rounded he became over the course of this season. We all knew he had a good footballing brain and he was a good passer of the ball, but this season he's done all that while also being the man in front of the defence. He deceptively good at shielding the ball, he's able to carry it at his feet, he's started playing more vertical passes and he's even started making forward runs and work shots into his game.

CA/PA aside, this season he's played anchor in a 3-man midfield or 2-man as part of a double pivot, there's a good argument to give him 18-19 rating at DM. On the other hand, he's never played winger or out wide in a flat 4-man midfield for the first team, so his rating at MR should be dropped to 10 or lower.

PPM-wise, Comes Deep to Get Ball and Plays No Through Balls are his signature moves, possibly Brings Ball Out of Defence.

Barnes is set with PA -8. Therefore it is randomised in every save (130-160).

A PA of -8 gives the player every chance of becoming an established Premier League player and England international. 

I am a bit baffled by Aoyze Perez's downgrade over the past year.

He has consistently been one of our most important players over the past couple of years and is one of Rafa's first names on the team sheet. Tactically he is very important to us and we struggle when he doesn't play.

I'm aware CA isn't everything, but there are 17 players in our squad with higher CA than him now. His CA should reflect his importance to the team, which is currently does not. Some players are probably too high which doesn't help of course (Yedlin, Darlow, Dummett, Clark for example)

Specifics:

Work rate: He is no less hard working than Matt Ritchie (19). I think 18 for both of them would be a fair score.

Team work: As mentioned, tactically he's probably the most important player in our system. This is in no small part thanks to his awareness of team mates. 12 seems harsh.

Stamina: He is able to work hard for the full 90 minutes. I think a boost to 16/17 is necessary here.

Acceleration: Granted he's not super-quick, but he's definitely quicker off the mark than 12 acceleration would imply. 14 seems fair coupled with his 15 in agility.

Flair: He's one of our more unpredictable players and plays with flair. 15 seems more fitting.

Finishing: It's better than 12 indicates for sure. He's a good instinctive finisher. When he has to think about it he's not so good. Perhaps a lower composure and a higher finishing attribute would reflect this better.

Vision: He's creative when given the chance to be. 12 seems very low when you compare it to Ki (14), Schar (14), Ritchie (13), Diamé (14). He's got at least as much vision as those players.

Long shots: Rubbish at these. Would probably lower to 7/8.

Cheers.

I'm finding it a bit odd how Luke Shaw's PA is lower on the update even though he is pretty much United's player of the year so far and he's finally starting to live up to his earlier promise.

What Kepa did happened just before the update then I guess wasn't easy to still edit players but I expect in the next FM a big drop 1 or some between professionalism, temperament etc specially because none of them have been changed

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Just started a new winter update save with Arsenal, and on the clubs history page it is showing that Arsenal have won the Europa League, but they haven't won this competition before, their only success in Europe has been the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1970 and the Cup Winners' cup in 1994. They were runners up in the Europa League in 2000. 

Found this about it online, While the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup is recognised as the predecessor to the UEFA Cup, it was not organised by UEFA. Consequently, UEFA does not consider clubs' records in the Fairs Cup to be part of their European record.

I supposed thats why FM considers it as the UEFA Europa League.

Is this fixable with the editor or another way?

Thanks

Distonio

Edited by distonio

I don't recall if this would go here but Diogo Dalot of Man Utd should have a 'Good' level of speaking English (currently has nothing). He answered a few questions post match of the Southampton game which is on United's YT channel and seemed pretty coherent. 

On 02/03/2019 at 06:08, SD said:

@GSevensM75

Haven't had much time for FM lately so thought I'd wait for your updates first, and of course I fully agree with some, I disagree with others, but I have to say I'm shocked to see Winks getting a CA/PA downgrade following his best season with us so far and having established himself as our first choice midfielder. Personally, what won me over this season weren't his performances, but how well rounded he became over the course of this season. We all knew he had a good footballing brain and he was a good passer of the ball, but this season he's done all that while also being the man in front of the defence. He deceptively good at shielding the ball, he's able to carry it at his feet, he's started playing more vertical passes and he's even started making forward runs and work shots into his game.

CA/PA aside, this season he's played anchor in a 3-man midfield or 2-man as part of a double pivot, there's a good argument to give him 18-19 rating at DM. On the other hand, he's never played winger or out wide in a flat 4-man midfield for the first team, so his rating at MR should be dropped to 10 or lower.

PPM-wise, Comes Deep to Get Ball and Plays No Through Balls are his signature moves, possibly Brings Ball Out of Defence.

@SD

Hey SD, thanks for the feedback.

Winks has a good CA at the moment (England international level) with room still to improve.  The problem with Winks is knowing where his long term future lies.  I fundamentally disagree with you about how good he is in the DM role.  He is definitely a square peg in a round hole at the moment and is in the team due to Wanyama's decline (how shocking was he yesterday?!  Only one game, but the signs are that his stats will need a serious overhaul next release) and Dier's injury issues.

I've been impressed with Winks discipline and I do think he is playing a very mature, sensible and limited style on purpose.  I'm looking forward to seeing how he it all fits in once Dier is fit as I believe Winks is more suited as box to box and affecting the game further forward.

As for his PPMs, I don't want to restrict him yet as he is under orders.  For example, right now he seems to play short simple passes, recycling possession (highly frustrating at times as quite often he'll pass backwards when not under any pressure at all but it's all that resting with the ball Poch likes to implement).  But when he first burst onto the scene he'd often play the ball forwards as fast as he could.  The other day he had a game where he was unshackled and he started running with the ball and making late runs into the opponents box.

11 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks Eric; that affiliation has been detailed in the database, with a start date of 19/2/2019.

Cheers. I noticed it when looking through the CSL, and noticed it wasn't there. Not sure of friendlies and details, but the type is the same as the other club I mentioned above.

On 02/03/2019 at 00:32, tomlcfc said:

I've not been in control of Barnes since early summer, but I'm almost certain I had him at a random PA (-8) before he left for WBA.

I'd be surprised if that's not still the case, is your figure from a save game or direct from the editor?I Ifit is 145, then that is clearly a mistake. I'll check in the morning.

Choudhury also has negative PA, but I disagree on him being limited. I've always been a massive fan of him for the U23s, and although yes he is an Ndidi-mould ball winner now, I think he has real capabilities to improve in the box to box respect as we saw over Christmas. 

Hope everything else is looking okay, in particular I hope I've addressed all of your other helpful suggestions :)

In game editor on a new save after the update. Yeah I’d forgotten that it would have been the WBA editor.

Otherwise spot on :thup:

On 02/03/2019 at 00:32, tomlcfc said:

Hi @tomlcfc and @Fosse. Barnes is still set with a PA of -8.

On 02/03/2019 at 19:37, liamwpk said:

I don't recall if this would go here but Diogo Dalot of Man Utd should have a 'Good' level of speaking English (currently has nothing). He answered a few questions post match of the Southampton game which is on United's YT channel and seemed pretty coherent. 

Thanks, @liamwpk

On 03/03/2019 at 08:26, GSevensM75 said:

Winks has a good CA at the moment (England international level) with room still to improve.  The problem with Winks is knowing where his long term future lies.  I fundamentally disagree with you about how good he is in the DM role.  He is definitely a square peg in a round hole at the moment and is in the team due to Wanyama's decline (how shocking was he yesterday?!  Only one game, but the signs are that his stats will need a serious overhaul next release) and Dier's injury issues.

But do you feel his attributes were overrated before or that he regressed and showed less potential this season? Winks is an odd one indeed, he's already on his 3rd season in the first team, yet first season his playing time was limited while last season turned out to be somewhat of a false start due to his injury problems. So while he's already 23, he's on his first proper season with the first team and my subjective impression is that he's a bit behind on his development relative to his talent.

As for the fundamental differences on positions, I've thought about it and it's likely because you see the pivot in Poch's 4-2-3-1 as playing from CM, while I on the other hand see it as playing from DM strata. This would also explain why you rate Dier as Natural at CM even though he's only ever played anchor in a diamond midfield or as part of a pivot, or why Sissoko has no rating at DM. And then there's the question of which weighs more, appearances vs effectiveness, in a player's positional rating. I was inclined to think appearances weigh more and attributes dictate the actual effectiveness, otherwise Jan should be a 20 at WBL.

Wanyama right now has the equivalent of 35% match sharpness in FM terms and I'm still hoping he can salvage his future with us, but it doesn't look good when a 19y/o kid with puddle hair bosses you around.

And while I have your attention, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Parrott, the club definitely holds him in high regard and has trained with the 1st squad on occasion, but he's yet to confirm at U23 level and I'm a bit skeptical he fully merits his new negative PA.

Alisson deserves the trait ''tries to play way out of trouble''. If he doesn't have it no idea who should then :p 

On 04/03/2019 at 16:53, SD said:

But do you feel his attributes were overrated before or that he regressed and showed less potential this season? Winks is an odd one indeed, he's already on his 3rd season in the first team, yet first season his playing time was limited while last season turned out to be somewhat of a false start due to his injury problems. So while he's already 23, he's on his first proper season with the first team and my subjective impression is that he's a bit behind on his development relative to his talent.

As for the fundamental differences on positions, I've thought about it and it's likely because you see the pivot in Poch's 4-2-3-1 as playing from CM, while I on the other hand see it as playing from DM strata. This would also explain why you rate Dier as Natural at CM even though he's only ever played anchor in a diamond midfield or as part of a pivot, or why Sissoko has no rating at DM. And then there's the question of which weighs more, appearances vs effectiveness, in a player's positional rating. I was inclined to think appearances weigh more and attributes dictate the actual effectiveness, otherwise Jan should be a 20 at WBL.

Wanyama right now has the equivalent of 35% match sharpness in FM terms and I'm still hoping he can salvage his future with us, but it doesn't look good when a 19y/o kid with puddle hair bosses you around.

And while I have your attention, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Parrott, the club definitely holds him in high regard and has trained with the 1st squad on occasion, but he's yet to confirm at U23 level and I'm a bit skeptical he fully merits his new negative PA.

Hi SD,

I feel we can more accurately assess where his potential lies now that we've seen more of him.  Once Dier returns to fitness we'll get an idea of what Poch thinks too because Winks will either replace Sissoko or drop to the bench as third choice.

You're correct on the DM.  Dier starts in line with his midfield partner and rarely strays from him, even when his partner pushes up the pitch.  Winks is the same.  In our diamond formation Winks has been playing in front of the back four though but I don't think amazingly well.  When we play decent opposition he is too exposed there defensively.

Wanyama may need game time or he may be done.  Time will tell but I'm not sure he'll get much game time for Spurs, especially if Winks has jumped him in the pecking order.

I've heard great things about Parrott from someone at the club.  He is very highly rated there.  Don't be surprised to see him make a first team appearance in the next 12 months, or even appear on the first team bench late in the season if we have nothing to play for.

22 hours ago, GSevensM75 said:

I've heard great things about Parrott from someone at the club.  He is very highly rated there.  Don't be surprised to see him make a first team appearance in the next 12 months, or even appear on the first team bench late in the season if we have nothing to play for.

Is it okay if I ask how you go about rating academy players? Is it mostly based on reputation, and what you hear from time to time? Or do you go and watch their games often?

A few thoughts on Liverpool:

The easiest change, and one I think everyone can agree with, is that Salah's right foot rating at 9 is waaay too high. He's one of the most onefooted player we've had since Riise. I've mentioned this before, not sure why it didn't go down further. Mane also has his "wrong" foot rated at 9, but unlike Salah he's actually capable with it.

Salah's rating overall is probably a bit too high after his fantastic last season. He still scores a lot of goals, but his overall play leaves a lot to be desired. If you look at the season overall, he's been pretty dissapointing in a lot of games. Even many of the ones he's scored in.

The front three has 15-15-14 in their passing abilities. This season however their short passing game has been pretty damn bad. So many easy passes missed. Firmino had a game recently where he missed like 4-5 passes in a row.

No Christian Pulisic set to join Chelsea in the 19.3 DB?

You have Higuain in there, but they have made a deal with Dortmund to sign Pulisic pr. 01/07-19.