Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

Hello, can Shelvey's AM and DM positions get swapped? It's currently 15 and 14. He plays a deeper role in the newcastle team

9 hours ago, lbowman66 said:

Davide Lorenzo has reportedly signed a short term deal at Leicester after a trial. I can’t find him in game?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/claude-puel-whether-davide-lorenzo-2350998.amp

This could be a bit complicated IMO.

Yes, he has 'signed' for us, as far as Claude has said, but, we don't know how long for, and I think the inevitability of it will be that it is more a token gesture and a bit of a feel-good PR story from the club, especially after the accident. Claude rightly says himself there he hasn't trained properly for 12 months - at what point does a guy who's being sitting round as a waiter in Nice get fit enough for even our U23s? I don't see him playing many times, if at all for them (he's also 24 and would take up a spot for someone younger, fitter and probably better), and the risk is that we throw him into FM and the game decides to pick him quite regularly in our youth teams.

Personally, I'm not all that convinced we should add him in. Dare I say we've done this before with players from Thailand, or that kid from Peru that vanished off the face of the Earth.

I will, though, ask Pete for his thoughts and get back to you :)

Hi ALL,

just finish my big wedding project and now just can gain access to fm2019 (by my wife)

thx for the good work first. I try to read though this posts and hope not miss.

Lallana: I think time is enough for us to downgrade his ability. such as dribbling, he can keep the ball by good first touch and tech. buy seldom go pass marker. also after injury, his pace and  stamina defending go down.

Alisson Becker: He got good aerial ability, should be combine of jumping and aerial reach. Also, his handling is not as good as 15, he can save the ball but always result the ball still in dangers ares. I would suggest handling to 13 but position to 18.

Karius: his data should go to loan club but as liverpool fans, I saw many video show his lack of ability in lower level league. i would give 13 to his handling, 13 to aerial (how come alisson worst than him) concentration/decision/consistance to 12.

Sturridge: same as lallana, he seldom go pass defender, so 16 dribbling seems too mush, 14 would be resonable. stamina should be go down also. he always sub out during match.

shaqiri: crossing to 16, and workrate and team work to 12.

Salah: this year, he really show he can make himself good position but still miss some chance. I should give dribbling 18 but finish 15. long shot 13. panalty 15

but flair to 17.

Mane: composure down to 13

TAA: he always try though ball

woodburn: do we got enough information to downgrade his PA at lease? current ability also not like the game data suggest.

Thx

Banana

Edited by bananahk

Hi again,

want to point out an non-liverpool player,

Wan-bissaka, unlike on the game, he is very very good player both marking and go forward. I do think he should got much increase in many ascpect and PA also.

Banana

On 28/12/2018 at 19:14, tomlcfc said:

This could be a bit complicated IMO.

Yes, he has 'signed' for us, as far as Claude has said, but, we don't know how long for, and I think the inevitability of it will be that it is more a token gesture and a bit of a feel-good PR story from the club, especially after the accident. Claude rightly says himself there he hasn't trained properly for 12 months - at what point does a guy who's being sitting round as a waiter in Nice get fit enough for even our U23s? I don't see him playing many times, if at all for them (he's also 24 and would take up a spot for someone younger, fitter and probably better), and the risk is that we throw him into FM and the game decides to pick him quite regularly in our youth teams.

Personally, I'm not all that convinced we should add him in. Dare I say we've done this before with players from Thailand, or that kid from Peru that vanished off the face of the Earth.

I will, though, ask Pete for his thoughts and get back to you :)

Thanks - I see your points! I’m not sure if he has been in previous versions of the game as he was at Juventus according to reports?

1 hour ago, lbowman66 said:

Thanks - I see your points! I’m not sure if he has been in previous versions of the game as he was at Juventus according to reports?

You make a good point about previous years' games - I searched for him on this year's editor but couldn't find him, but I'm not sure if he could have been deleted since he hasn't had a club for so long etc. 

The other obvious point I forgot to make was that if, as Puel suggested, he gets a loan away from the club, we of course have to include him for the next update. I'll keep an eye on it, anyway, and obviously take on Pete's advice on what we do in the meantime :)

Posted (edited)

Dwight McNeil whilst I would hold on a little to truly update from the Burnley Researcher his stats as he only really played a few games but his height is 6ft and his contract is till 2020 with an extra year at the clubs choice.

Edited by watsonsclarets

@tomlcfc I think some of our rivalries could do with being reviewed. Portsmouth for example developed through being similarly placed sides in the 90s but there's no rivalry to speak of now. Northampton and Notts County aren't rivalries they're just local and we never play them anyway unless it's a friendly.

Posted (edited)

Thoughts on Liverpool after half a season:

Moreno is too good in the game. He needs to have many of his stats reduced by 2-3 points. If you compare Robertson and Moreno's mental stats, Robertson is only in a very slight lead by 1-2 points in nearly everything. In reality, Moreno's anticipation, concentration, composure and especially decisions should be far below Robertson's.

Robertson is very good in the game, but he deserves to be even better. I don't think it's hyperbole to call him one of the 2-3 left backs in the world the last year. His vision is really underrated in the game, he has a very good eye for picking out passes. I suggest raising it by 2-3 points. Decisions should go up, he's probably one of the best decisionmakers in the league. Usually always makes the right decisions.

Wijnaldum - I've argued for this earlier, and I think it's been proven throughout the season that he's more important to us than Milner and Hendo are, both are better than him in the game. I've previously noted that I think Balance is his best attribute, and could go up some points. His stamina could be increased as well.

Lallana seems to have lost some pace. Should probably be reduced to back where it used to be (I do believe people convinced the researcher slightly boost it some time ago). Not sure if his "Arrives late in opponent's area" PPM is accurate anymore?

Mane - 15 finishing, 15 composure, 14 decisions, 14 vision is probably a bit too generous. If he was that good IRL he'd score a lot more goals, and get a lot more assists than he does. He still hasn't scored more than 13 goals in a season for us. Decreasing those attributes, and increasing pace (1 point) and strength (1-2 points) would make him more similar to how he is irl I think.

Clyne - Definitely needs to have his stats decreased. There's a reason Klopp haven't used him in ages. I understand why people like him, but for me he's a very limited and simple footballer. I'd reduce his dribbling ability, and his physical stats in general. He has 13 STR while Robertson has 10. Does not compute.

Cheers

Edited by OkMarius

19 hours ago, Fosse said:

@tomlcfc I think some of our rivalries could do with being reviewed. Portsmouth for example developed through being similarly placed sides in the 90s but there's no rivalry to speak of now. Northampton and Notts County aren't rivalries they're just local and we never play them anyway unless it's a friendly.

Yes, definitely agree on Portsmouth, that's one I've missed.

I also agree that Notts and Northampton are fairly irrelevant to us but is that not reflected in ratings of 2/4?

Would you say the rest are fair, though? Forest shade Derby and then Cov for me, but none of the three are particularly intense, certainly nowadays. Villa/Wolves are just plain irritating, and then you're down to the likes of Stoke (various reasons, 2008 in particular), Spurs (we reduced this recently but I think it is still very relevant), and Peterborough (bit like Northampton more recently to be fair). I can't think of any others we're missing, either - Leeds/Millwall etc. you could say for every club in the country, for example.

As always, I appreciate the help!

3 hours ago, tomlcfc said:

Yes, definitely agree on Portsmouth, that's one I've missed.

I also agree that Notts and Northampton are fairly irrelevant to us but is that not reflected in ratings of 2/4?

Would you say the rest are fair, though? Forest shade Derby and then Cov for me, but none of the three are particularly intense, certainly nowadays. Villa/Wolves are just plain irritating, and then you're down to the likes of Stoke (various reasons, 2008 in particular), Spurs (we reduced this recently but I think it is still very relevant), and Peterborough (bit like Northampton more recently to be fair). I can't think of any others we're missing, either - Leeds/Millwall etc. you could say for every club in the country, for example.

As always, I appreciate the help!

I think Spurs is a weird one, personally there's other teams I dislike more than them - I could perhaps understand the bitterness from some sections of our support if they'd pipped us to the title but they didn't but appreciate generally our fans dislike them.

I'd say Birmingham City (as an example rather than a specific team) are about the same level as Northampton (if not more of a game I'd look forward to), a local game but not really a rivalry. I don't think I've ever met a Cobblers fan. Peterborough is probably fair enough as it is, its very much one sided but its nice to get one over them. Stoke, I agree there's a bit of needle there and about right. I'd say most Leicester fans I know ( another caveat I know) don't mind them at all. Wolves rivalry rating is too high imo, there's a bit of history with Walsh & Bull, MacGhee etc and we're similar sides now but again I think most of our fan base don't really care

On 09/01/2019 at 00:37, Fosse said:

I think Spurs is a weird one, personally there's other teams I dislike more than them - I could perhaps understand the bitterness from some sections of our support if they'd pipped us to the title but they didn't but appreciate generally our fans dislike them.

I'd say Birmingham City (as an example rather than a specific team) are about the same level as Northampton (if not more of a game I'd look forward to), a local game but not really a rivalry. I don't think I've ever met a Cobblers fan. Peterborough is probably fair enough as it is, its very much one sided but its nice to get one over them. Stoke, I agree there's a bit of needle there and about right. I'd say most Leicester fans I know ( another caveat I know) don't mind them at all. Wolves rivalry rating is too high imo, there's a bit of history with Walsh & Bull, MacGhee etc and we're similar sides now but again I think most of our fan base don't really care

I personally am a big Spurs hater in general :)

Interesting one about Wolves, and actually I would suggest that rivalry is increasing recently with us being in the same division, and really being their only 'Midlands rivals', if you can even call it that. I dislike Wolves on a personal level due to their recent self-entitlement, and I think a lot of our fans are already frustrated with the media love-in they are receiving. 

27 minutes ago, tomlcfc said:

I personally am a big Spurs hater in general :)

Interesting one about Wolves, and actually I would suggest that rivalry is increasing recently with us being in the same division, and really being their only 'Midlands rivals', if you can even call it that. I dislike Wolves on a personal level due to their recent self-entitlement, and I think a lot of our fans are already frustrated with the media love-in they are receiving. 

I agree they'll be our main in rivals in years to come because of Forest and Derby's promotion allergy and they're already challenging for 7th too but it's slightly too high in my opinion (and you're more than welcome to disagree, obviously!). Writing this out I've now realised that to;s probably fine as it is actually 

@OkMarius Agree with Moreno and Robertson and have reflected changes for the Winter update.

Wijnaldum - if you recall I had increased his CA prior to game launch and he has now proved consistency so far this season and I've just increased him again.

Lallana - I was happy with his pace at game launch but he's hardly played/fit to have had a run of games this season and get match fit to determine a reduction in pace.

Mane - Goalscoring is good he's scoring just under 1 every two games, but hardly any direct assists which I've now tried to reflect in his stats.

Clyne - I agree he does have limitations. The main reason he wasn't been picked was down to being out injured for nearly a year which has given time for TAA/Gomez to become more established.

There are a fair few CA increases and decreases that I'm making across the board currently. 

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

On 11/01/2019 at 09:50, diddydaddydoddy said:

@OkMarius Agree with Moreno and Robertson and have reflected changes for the Winter update.

Wijnaldum - if you recall I had increased his CA prior to game launch and he has now proved consistency so far this season and I've just increased him again.

Lallana - I was happy with his pace at game launch but he's hardly played/fit to have had a run of games this season and get match fit to determine a reduction in pace.

Mane - Goalscoring is good he's scoring just under 1 every two games, but hardly any direct assists which I've now tried to reflect in his stats.

Clyne - I agree he does have limitations. The main reason he wasn't been picked was down to being out injured for nearly a year which has given time for TAA/Gomez to become more established.

There are a fair few CA increases and decreases that I'm making across the board currently. 

Nice changes!

Any chance of Salah being made better in the striker position? He's proved good up there this season when we've played more of a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino in the AM position and Shaqiri out on the right wing.

Everton 53m in debt? Where did that come from?

Also don’t agree with the other debts as chairman paid them off

On 26/12/2018 at 17:55, Travis Bickle said:

Hi, Mesut Ozil is listed as 183cm in game, but he's actually 180cm https://www.premierleague.com/players/4714/Mesut-%C3%96zil/overview. He's also listed as 180cm on the German National Team's squad for WC 2018.

Meanwhile, Matteo Guendouzi is listed as 180cm (which he was as an U18) but he's actually 185cm. 

Thanks, have changed these.

The transfer funds for Arsenal shouldn't be reduced taking into account the fact that we don't have any money to spend until next summer?

@JordanMillward_1 I've tweaked Mo's stats very slightly and increased his familiarity to playing up top.

I've made significant changes to: Robertson, Moreno, Van Dijk, Kelleher, Shaqiri, Wijnaldum, Camacho, Hoever, Johnston Larouci, Clarkson, Cain, Duncan and Glatzel.

Issue with Crystal Palace's record defeat, the date is wrong. They lost 9-0 to Liverpool on 12/9/1989, not 11th november as is in game. It must be hardcoded as even if you change it in the editor it does not update in game. Can this be amended please?

Thanks

Edited by BigAndy74
Incorrect data which cannot be changed even through pre game editor

In Watford's records Eddie Mummery is listed as scoring 5 goals versus Newport in Sky League 2 - it was Division 3 south at that time. Info can be found on Watford FC archive page.

Hi, 

I know that a lot of research goes into each individual club however as a Saints FC fan I find it highly frustrating that us (the fans) typically know who is coming through as the next breakthrough player(s) and as such the likes of Valery, Obafemi and Slattery have come as no surprise. In relation to the first two their physical and technical attributes are relatively easy to identify however for the last two versions are left to randomise at the start of a game ... often meaning that no amount of development leads to a decent prospect/player and certainly not one that resembles anything like the lads turning out for us. 

Would it be possible to address this? 

Mason greenwood (manchester united u18’s) deserves a boost on free kicks, scored many and has just scored 2 in the same game against liverpool dont think 5 does him any justice

7 hours ago, Logan1888 said:

Mason greenwood (manchester united u18’s) deserves a boost on free kicks, scored many and has just scored 2 in the same game against liverpool dont think 5 does him any justice

They are the only 2 he's scored all season (that immediately come to mind anyway), most of them have ended up well over the bar or straight into the wall. Garner and Puigmal are both consistently working the keeper and putting better crosses into the box from them. 

I do feel though that he should be 20/20 for footedness given that he takes both penalties and free kicks with either foot. Haven't got the DB open to check but Lewis Baker was 20/20 for that same reason. 

Leicester

Daniel Amartey (93034815)

Missing

2012 Inter Allies

On 29/01/2019 at 10:09, metal_guitarist said:

They are the only 2 he's scored all season (that immediately come to mind anyway), most of them have ended up well over the bar or straight into the wall. Garner and Puigmal are both consistently working the keeper and putting better crosses into the box from them. 

I do feel though that he should be 20/20 for footedness given that he takes both penalties and free kicks with either foot. Haven't got the DB open to check but Lewis Baker was 20/20 for that same reason. 

Fair point, i thought he had scored more

On 01/11/2018 at 23:42, Spurs08 said:

I could be wrong but I'd read slightly differently. The structure should support an increased capacity pretty easily - indeed you can see already that the roof is far higher than the back row which makes things significantly easier. They've also stated that the seats are considerably further apart than the minimum allowed so you could definitely squeeze several thousand more in by making them closer together. The problem, however, is transport links. They're pretty rubbish and we frankly probably shouldn't have got planning permission for 62k. There's no chance of significantly more being approved until they're improved - most plausibly by either a Victoria Line extension to Northumberland Park (not currently on the agenda), or the construction of Crossrail 2 (approved in theory for the early 2030s but with funding which'd be needed from central government not yet agreed). As far as I know though there isn't any way to tell the game that the stadium could be expanded, but not until 2033 or so.

Hey,

I thought I had posted a reply to this earlier but clearly I forgot! - I was going by the minutes of the board to board meeting of Tottenham and the Supporters trust. http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/new-stadium-qa-thst-thfc-and-populous-13-july-2015

According to this, Levy has said they can only increase capacity by around 1800 and that is if safe standing was introduced properly. @GSevensM75 maybe something to look into ?

17 hours ago, RageMaster said:

Hey,

I thought I had posted a reply to this earlier but clearly I forgot! - I was going by the minutes of the board to board meeting of Tottenham and the Supporters trust. http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/new-stadium-qa-thst-thfc-and-populous-13-july-2015

According to this, Levy has said they can only increase capacity by around 1800 and that is if safe standing was introduced properly. @GSevensM75 maybe something to look into ?

One thing worth pointing out is that that's a slightly dated article and some things have changed since then. Most pertinently, there has actually been a slight redesign which has seen the capacity increase by just over a thousand to more than 62k, so clearly there was room for that regardless of what the club said! It does also read like a bit of a "classic Levy" answer in that despite being asked, it doesn't actually say the stadium can't be expanded - only that 61k is the capacity. And other things have also changed since that statement, such as the number of season ticket holders which is not at "roughly" the same ratio as they had at WHL.

A couple of Arsenal tweaks are need imo.

1st is Aubameyang should have 19 or 20 as a LW over the 16 he has that you cannot improve him on, as this is his primary position for in the role of IF, yes hes better centrally, but he is very much a pacey inside forward nowadays and he also played as a shadow striker to the right last week and score 1 and assisted one.

Next is Rob Holding, he was making great strides this season as a very good BPD with good passing skills i think he needs a geral upgrade and a slightly higher PA maybe 158-160 i think he is our best cb now before his horror injury and we have been playing terribly without him.

Emi Martinez needs a slight tweak on PA as he has the potential to match a lot of your lower table premier league goalkeepers and looks like he will be our number 2 next season.

Calum Chambers, it seems now he is soley a CDM for Fulham and is looking good so a tweak to his PA would be nice, maybe to 156?

Lichsteiner needs a downgrade, in game he matches bellerin in CA but the are miles apart reslistically with Bellerin being brilliant this season before his injury.

Denis Suarez needs to have skills more natural on LM/LW and also as CM and RM/RW

Maitland-Niles is a cm playmaker in game which nothing like plays in real life, in cm he plays a b2b role, he needs to be better at his full back and wing back roles whilst also in rm/rw (more so here) and lm/lw

Reiss Nelson has been playing as a CF and occasionally as a CM & RWB whilst out on loan, as a striker he has been scoring lots of goals...considering how good he has been in germany i think he needs a PA of in the 160s when comparing to say Jadon Sancho is 175.

Xhaka with slight left back and cb skills, for rotation reasons like he does in real life, also as a natural DM as well as CM because in real life hes better deeper, he needs a slght tweak to raise leadership skills

Lucas Torreira needs a slightly higher work rate and also to be a natural BWM in CM where has played all season and as a DLP defend/BWM in DM he also has some box to box skills.

Aaron Ramsey is now clearly used as a CAM AM role only and i think i have only seen him play cm about 2-3 times all season.

Joe Willock is usually playing LW/RW or CAM as a attacking midfielder which is notable because he keeps scoring plus hes pretty quick.

After doing 7 seasons with Guendozi in game i think that he could do with a slight CA increase and his PA should around 160.

Alex Iwobi although a natural left wing inside support, he plays almost all games for us as RW (winger role) or as a CAM (AP or SS) he has also played RM and LM a lot.

Mhky is very 2 footed and can play LW very well and comes on in the position regulary as IF Sup, in game his LW stats are very poor.

Kolasinac should be a natural LB (wb support) hes only natural at lwb in game ands played lb almost all season in games he has played snd seems to be out first choice lb now, he also played LM the other week

Mustafi needs a downgrade, hes been awful again all season i do t see how he has a 161 potential but Holding only 155? Id say they need to be reversed.

Petr Cech is retireing at the end of the season and needs downgrade he is also certainly not a sweeper keeper but a normsl GK Defend.

A couple of youth players PA needs to improved, Saka, Gilmour, Cotterel.

Oh and one last thing, Danny Welbeck, in game his wages are 135k a week??? A quick google search tells me he is on 65k with a option to extend for one year, also monreal has been extended 1 year.

I think thats everything, open to opinions etc.

Edited by GS1981

11 hours ago, GS1981 said:

A couple of Arsenal tweaks are need imo.

1st is Aubameyang should have 19 or 20 as a LW over the 16 he has that you cannot improve him on, as this is his primary position for in the role of IF, yes hes better centrally, but he is very much a pacey inside forward nowadays and he also played as a shadow striker to the right last week and score 1 and assisted one.

Next is Rob Holding, he was making great strides this season as a very good BPD with good passing skills i think he needs a geral upgrade and a slightly higher PA maybe 158-160 i think he is our best cb now before his horror injury and we have been playing terribly without him.

Emi Martinez needs a slight tweak on PA as he has the potential to match a lot of your lower table premier league goalkeepers and looks like he will be our number 2 next season.

Calum Chambers, it seems now he is soley a CDM for Fulham and is looking good so a tweak to his PA would be nice, maybe to 156?

Lichsteiner needs a downgrade, in game he matches bellerin in CA but the are miles apart reslistically with Bellerin being brilliant this season before his injury.

Denis Suarez needs to have skills more natural on LM/LW and also as CM and RM/RW

Maitland-Niles is a cm playmaker in game which nothing like plays in real life, in cm he plays a b2b role, he needs to be better at his full back and wing back roles whilst also in rm/rw (more so here) and lm/lw

Reiss Nelson has been playing as a CF and occasionally as a CM & RWB whilst out on loan, as a striker he has been scoring lots of goals...considering how good he has been in germany i think he needs a PA of in the 160s when comparing to say Jadon Sancho is 175.

Xhaka with slight left back and cb skills, for rotation reasons like he does in real life, also as a natural DM as well as CM because in real life hes better deeper, he needs a slght tweak to raise leadership skills

Lucas Torreira needs a slightly higher work rate and also to be a natural BWM in CM where has played all season and as a DLP defend/BWM in DM he also has some box to box skills.

Aaron Ramsey is now clearly used as a CAM AM role only and i think i have only seen him play cm about 2-3 times all season.

Joe Willock is usually playing LW/RW or CAM as a attacking midfielder which is notable because he keeps scoring plus hes pretty quick.

After doing 7 seasons with Guendozi in game i think that he could do with a slight CA increase and his PA should around 160.

Alex Iwobi although a natural left wing inside support, he plays almost all games for us as RW (winger role) or as a CAM (AP or SS) he has also played RM and LM a lot.

Mhky is very 2 footed and can play LW very well and comes on in the position regulary as IF Sup, in game his LW stats are very poor.

Kolasinac should be a natural LB (wb support) hes only natural at lwb in game ands played lb almost all season in games he has played snd seems to be out first choice lb now, he also played LM the other week

Mustafi needs a downgrade, hes been awful again all season i do t see how he has a 161 potential but Holding only 155? Id say they need to be reversed.

Petr Cech is retireing at the end of the season and needs downgrade he is also certainly not a sweeper keeper but a normsl GK Defend.

A couple of youth players PA needs to improved, Saka, Gilmour, Cotterel.

Oh and one last thing, Danny Welbeck, in game his wages are 135k a week??? A quick google search tells me he is on 65k with a option to extend for one year, also monreal has been extended 1 year.

I think thats everything, open to opinions etc.

Thanks for the input!  Like how you start this with "a couple of tweaks are needed" then list about 50 things :D

Some of this is very opinion based, some I agree with and have already altered anyway before reading this, some I disagree with and have not.  

Some points...

- Can you provide a reliable source to back up your assertion on Welbeck's wage?  As I definitely remember it being reported at the time as over £100k a week.  Can't remember the exact amount but I have no reason to think the in-game amount is wrong without evidence.  Plus it's £125k in-game not £135k.

- Some of your comments about role scoring are not set in the database - they are calculated by the match engine (the comments on Torreira for instance), so this is not a database & research issue unless you disagree wildly with attribute scores.

- I am happy with the alterations I have made to CA/PA and positional ratings in the file I have submitted - I have undertaken a full review of the squad, like I say above - some of your suggestions I have already altered, some I do not agree with and have not already altered and will not be altering - these are all subjective.

- I have made several updates to youth players including the three you mention.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Thanks for the input!  Like how you start this with "a couple of tweaks are needed" then list about 50 things :D

Some of this is very opinion based, some I agree with and have already altered anyway before reading this, some I disagree with and have not.  

Some points...

- Can you provide a reliable source to back up your assertion on Welbeck's wage?  As I definitely remember it being reported at the time as over £100k a week.  Can't remember the exact amount but I have no reason to think the in-game amount is wrong without evidence.  Plus it's £125k in-game not £135k.

- Some of your comments about role scoring are not set in the database - they are calculated by the match engine (the comments on Torreira for instance), so this is not a database & research issue unless you disagree wildly with attribute scores.

- I am happy with the alterations I have made to CA/PA and positional ratings in the file I have submitted - I have undertaken a full review of the squad, like I say above - some of your suggestions I have already altered, some I do not agree with and have not already altered and will not be altering - these are all subjective.

Thanks!

Ok great mate, it is based mainly on my personal opinion and i'm a gooner, so obviously could be a tad lop sided haha, yeah i kinda got carried away and edited about 5 times adding more and more lol! :D

I think the stand out differences are definitely Lichtsteiner, Cech and Mustafi CA downgrades and Holding CA & PA upgrade,and also the PA's of Nelson and the youth players mentioned, another youth player i forgot to mention was Jordi Osei-Tutu who seems to have good potential in the u23s and is being considered for the first team right now.

As a player of the game i find Mustafi hits 4* in game no problem which is not realistic for him, he should be 3* at best and Holding should be the player who has the potential to get to the 4* between the 2 because he has been far beyond Mustafis level this year and was a huge part (along with Torreira and Bellerin and obviously Aubameyang) in that 22 game run, even if our defense was always leaky.

Can you put more points into Aubameyang's LW abilitys? like make it 18 or 19? because he pretty much played in that position his whole career until moving central when Dortmund lost Lewandowski, he has also played at LW roughly equal to the amount of times as he has as a striker for us, and even when he is playing central, when Lacazette comes off the bench he moves wide.

This link says 70,000 p/w for Welbeck https://www.spotrac.com/epl/arsenal-f.c/payroll/
as does this one

http://www.sportbible.com/football/transfers-arsenal-players-wages-for-this-season-have-been-revealed-20190113

I'm not sure how reliable they are but i wouldn't assume Danny was anywhere near 100k a week since he has always been just a squad player.

Edited by GS1981

10 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Some points...

Thanks!

I agree Auba needs to be better as a LW i tried him there on my save and was surprised that he wan't better at LW and i did try to play him there and h done well although not natural, Holding needs an upgrade as he was Arsenal's best CB before his injury, Mustafi, Cech and Lichstiener definitely needs downgraded, Niles needs to have better attributes in the full back areas as well as he has played most of his Arsenal career there as well 

Yeah definitely agree on Niles, he stated him self that he sees his position in the future to be RW, and hes only really ever played LB/LWB/LM and RB/RWB/RM/RW for us and i don't really recall him playing centrally, although i remember Wenger once touting him as a future box to box midfielder, he is definitely a wide player naturally, not a lot different to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, a wide player who has the potential to play through the middle.

Just a bit more on the Welbeck wage thing, the only time i have ever seen his wages reported as 100k plus was actually in FM and it shocked me so i have googled multiple times but never found any reports of his wage being that, i have seen reports of 60-65 and 70k which would be much more suited to a player of his level, also i read that Paul Merson was saying 'Emery should take up the option of a 1 year extension on him because of his injury', or something similar to that, so that lead me to believe he could be extended.

If you do look at the 2 links i provided, again i'm not 100% on how accurate they are, there is actually a lot of players with wages much different to those in game and quite of few of them are less.

Obviously its a deal breaker with Welbeck in game as even in previous years he was always a player i sold quickly because of his crazy high wages for a 2.5* player.

Heres another indicator which says 67k a week https://wageindicator.co.uk/pay/vip-celebrity-salary/danny-welbeck

Doing my editing again, sorry..

Also Lacazette is stated to be on 100k a week and Mkhytaryan on 180k, both are around 200k in game, this also causes headaches when trying to offload the players in game, knowing our club and our reluctance to pay out for anything.

Edited by GS1981

Not sure when the data lock comes in place but I will shoot my shot nevertheless. I mentioned it previously when the beta came out and I still firmly believe there should be a few changes for the Man Utd players. I believe Ashley Young’s attributes for determination marking and leadership should be higher. I would also edge his personality to be either a model citizen or professional. 

Mason Greenwood deserves an increase across the board.. specifically focusing on his technical attributes and flair. Crazy talent.

Chong deserves an increase on his flair and work rate. 

Garner could do with an increase specifically to his dribbling which is currently a 3. 

Although the first team are currently in form I think Lindelofs mental and technical attributes and  could be increased he’s been phenomenal. Heading, jumping reach and strength could be increased as he’s really avoided being bullied this year round.  

Pogba, Herrera, Rashford and Martial maybe should be looked at for slight increases. Whilst Valencia and Sanchez should be decreased.

i think Luke Shaw is past his injuries and his determination could be increased as a result maybe even too his natural fitness.

thank you guys.

I wouldnt say many Utd players should be increased at all as they have had a pretty bad season equally bad to my team Arsenal but scoring less than us and conceding just as many, and downgrading would be more likley as they are pretty OP on game, after 7 seasons they are slways the team in 2nd, one particular player that should be upgraded is Luke Shaw though.

Edited by GS1981

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:15, GS1981 said:

Yeah definitely agree on Niles, he stated him self that he sees his position in the future to be RW, and hes only really ever played LB/LWB/LM and RB/RWB/RM/RW for us and i don't really recall him playing centrally, although i remember Wenger once touting him as a future box to box midfielder, he is definitely a wide player naturally, not a lot different to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, a wide player who has the potential to play through the middle.

Maitland-Niles is a central midfielder.  That is his natural position.  If he was at a bottom half Premier League club or Championship club, he would be playing central midfield.  He's playing full back because he has the attributes to do a job there and that's where he can get into the first team at present, and where we need someone to play given the injury problems we have.  He has always played centre midfield for the youth teams, apart from a brief period playing wide right.  If you take examples of players that have filled in at full back for the Arsenal first team in the past, like Craig Eastmond and Nico Yennaris for instance - when they played for the first team they generally, perhaps exclusively were filling in at right back.  They have both now returned to playing central midfield at the clubs they have ended up at.  It may well be that Maitland-Niles progresses as a full back and ends up making a career playing there at Arsenal or another club of that level.  I'd say it was probably more likely he'll drop a level and play in midfield though.  I'm happy with his current positional scores reflecting reality.  Not the reality of where he is currently playing, I agree, but that isn't what the positional scores are meant to be showing.

Man Utd

Lingard should have Man Utd as favoured club (per many interviews, and that photo of him in a Man Utd shirt as a toddler) and there's probably enough evidence from interviews and social media shenanigans to give him and Rashford and Pogba mutual favoured personnel stats as well (high for Rashford, medium for Pogba). Assuming his adaptability is supposed to reflect how he reacts to domestic transfers/loans and playing style changes as well as moves overseas and language learning, it probably shouldn't be blank any more...

Rashford still has missing personality attributes. Ambition 14, Loyalty 13 is certainly going to result in more plausible behaviour and development than a random number generator - plenty of desire for self improvement and not even a hint of wanting to go elsewhere although why would he? I'd probably drop his CM rating as it's difficult to imagine him playing there in senior football. And is it time for a fixed potential (168 ish) now? I don't see him as having no room for improvement and doubt he'll become well rounded enough for the top end of the -9 range.

McTominay's personality attributes are completely blank. Obviously less evidence from media coverage to work with but has been singled out for his professionalism, and fixed values for good temperament, low controversy and middling ambition (he's also been described as unassuming and took the Scotland callup!) are going to be closer to reality than a random number generator

Bailly: needs a big drop in anticipation, probably down to about 12. Don't think it was ever particularly high (relies more on pace and aggression) but certainly isn't near 17  on current evidence. On the basis of statistics I'd take a point or two off jumping too: although fairly tall his headers won stats were surprisingly woeful even when he was playing well. Could also lose a point or two off his technique/first touch because he's not one of nature's ball players. This and a 10+ point PA drop would put him more in line with where he actually is in the squad hierarchy. He's another one with mostly blank personality - on recent evidence I'd go for average professionalism and below average pressure and adaptability

Sanchez should lose a couple of points more from dribbling and acceleration and at least a couple off agility and natural fitness. Still nicely balanced as his recent goal showed, but just struggles to beat a man any more, even against weaker opponents and it's clear his physical decline has started. Off The Ball and Vision could also do with a drop from high to above average (13ish) levels, and similarly I haven't seen any evidence he's a better passer than Lingard. The effect of all these changes will also put him behind some of his obviously better teammates in the pecking order and make it more likely the AI tries to sell him. 

Lindelof's concentration could do with a bump of a couple of points, as it's no longer a weakness. His Decisions could possibly go up to 14/15 as well since his reading of the game is clearly a strength. I think he probably deserves a higher potential too, as he's clearly looking more likely to be a long term solution in his position, and certainly now regarded as having more potential than Bailly

Valencia: obviously needs to lose pace and work rate, but I guess this has been done already...

Fred: needs his adaptability and pressure stats nuking, for similiarly obvious reasons. Wouldn't go overboard with other changes as I think some of his issues with physicality of the Premier League are already represented, but Decisions looks like it could come down by ~3 points.

Shaw:  boosts to natural fitness (to 10/11) and composure (to 13/14) now that he's playing consecutive games and looking comfortable in his own skin. I don't actually think he needs much of a boost ability wise, but possibly a reputation boost might help his chances of staying in the AI's side.

Young: would bump his consistency and possibly his bravery/aggression (not strengths, but he likes a tackle a lot more than when he first started out at fullback) . Could get a significant boost in his professionalism and pressure ratings as he acts like an elder statesman now, and since he's cut out most of the diving his sportsmanship isn't worse than Herrera's (which could be lower)

Mata: I've said it before, but his off the ball movement is too high, even accounting for his goalscoring history, the unnatural role he's usually deployed in and the effect of lack of pace in the FM match engine. 12/13 would be a better reflection of somebody that usually seems to be surrounded by defenders and rarely overlaps effectively or runs in behind.

Lukaku could do with a point or two off first touch, work rate and possibly stamina. His important matches stat shouldn't be above average, and his pressure doesn't need to be so high (mentally he's coped well with a lot of scrutiny, but does tend to score in streaks and barren patches). 

Are these request for an Official Winter Update on FM? Unlike say Sortitoutsi. & If so when is FM Database usually Updated?

Can we get an idea of some of the changes that are being considered for Man Utd for the update? Also, when will the update happen?

On 08/02/2019 at 23:08, MCPridz said:

I agree Auba needs to be better as a LW i tried him there on my save and was surprised that he wan't better at LW and i did try to play him there and h done well although not natural, Holding needs an upgrade as he was Arsenal's best CB before his injury, Mustafi, Cech and Lichstiener definitely needs downgraded, Niles needs to have better attributes in the full back areas as well as he has played most of his Arsenal career there as well 

Have to pick it up for Dan here.

On Auba; He plays well enough in game as an inside forward. He doesn't play super well there irl and neither should he in game. But you can get in scoring by playing him as an IF(A) and put Lacazette in some support role up top.

On Holding; I feel he's reflected quite well in game. Solid and well rounded and if you put faith in him from day one he can be a 3.5 star defender for you, which I think is more than fair - he doesn't wuite look like a world beater at the moment.

On AMN; I don't feel he should have better attributes for the full back role as he hasn't really played well there. He's been all right, but he really does play like a player being played out of position. Playing in a position doesn't mean you're good at it.

On Cech; He's played as well if not better this season than the last few. Now he just has real competition and it's clear Arsenal are paving the way for a change as Cech is retiring. In my opinion (I watch every single Arsenal game), Cech is still the superior goalkeeper but Leno has more upside of course, and a lot has been invested in him.

On Mustafi; I agree, his tackling, decisions, anticipation and marking should all go down in my opinion. Recently his passing and composure has been bad as well, but I suspect it's a confidence issue as he knows the supporters are on his back now.

On Lichtsteiner; Yes, might have a downgrade. However, I feel that should really only be in the physical department, and as he declines very quickly in game either way as everyone of us play Hector from day one it isn't much of an issue for me.

My suggestion on player changes for this patch:

Bukayo Saka; Is widely regarded by everyone at Arsenal as the most exciting young player to come through the ranks since Cesc Fabregas, has ripped up the youth league so far and is the first player born in 2001 to play in the Premier League (and he's born in September mind!). It isn't reflected in game in my opinion. Haven't looked at his CA or PA though (and I won't) so it may be a development issue on my behalf in my save.

3 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Have to pick it up for Dan here.

On Auba; He plays well enough in game as an inside forward. He doesn't play super well there irl and neither should he in game. But you can get in scoring by playing him as an IF(A) and put Lacazette in some support role up top.

On Holding; I feel he's reflected quite well in game. Solid and well rounded and if you put faith in him from day one he can be a 3.5 star defender for you, which I think is more than fair - he doesn't wuite look like a world beater at the moment.

On AMN; I don't feel he should have better attributes for the full back role as he hasn't really played well there. He's been all right, but he really does play like a player being played out of position. Playing in a position doesn't mean you're good at it.

On Cech; He's played as well if not better this season than the last few. Now he just has real competition and it's clear Arsenal are paving the way for a change as Cech is retiring. In my opinion (I watch every single Arsenal game), Cech is still the superior goalkeeper but Leno has more upside of course, and a lot has been invested in him.

On Mustafi; I agree, his tackling, decisions, anticipation and marking should all go down in my opinion. Recently his passing and composure has been bad as well, but I suspect it's a confidence issue as he knows the supporters are on his back now.

On Lichtsteiner; Yes, might have a downgrade. However, I feel that should really only be in the physical department, and as he declines very quickly in game either way as everyone of us play Hector from day one it isn't much of an issue for me.

My suggestion on player changes for this patch:

Bukayo Saka; Is widely regarded by everyone at Arsenal as the most exciting young player to come through the ranks since Cesc Fabregas, has ripped up the youth league so far and is the first player born in 2001 to play in the Premier League (and he's born in September mind!). It isn't reflected in game in my opinion. Haven't looked at his CA or PA though (and I won't) so it may be a development issue on my behalf in my save.

Thanks for this.  Can confirm that in the file I have already submitted, Mustafi has been looked at in this regard, as has Lichtsteiner.  Saka and a variety of youth players have had a full review and this will be apparent when the update goes live.

20 hours ago, SKfm said:

Are these request for an Official Winter Update on FM? Unlike say Sortitoutsi. & If so when is FM Database usually Updated?

Not requests, you don't get to "request" a data change and there is a chance it will happen. 

Factual inaccuracies (for example, a players date of birth) with proof of the correct information will be actioned with subsequent database updates.

- - -

There is room for discussion about subjective attributes, you might think a players finishing attribute is wrong but it's worth pointing out a couple of things. Firstly, the gap between say 13 and 14 is nowhere near as big as you might think, there is a difference but there is no situation in the game where you can say "well a 14 finishing rated striker would've scored that" and secondly, attributes in isolation is almost certainly never the way to look at it.

If you want to have a chance of persuading researchers show you've thought about the overall package, for example, finishing, first touch, technique, anticipation and off the ball will all play a part in how a player can score a goal. But then aggression, positioning, acceleration, pace, work rate and determination can all be of major impact as well. Then let's not forget that consistency, important matches and professionalism can be significant modifiers. 

You don't necessarily have to provide the answer of what is the right solution to attributes, but if you can identify what in particular feels wrong. So for example, if you see Peter Crouch murdering defenders over 10 yards for Burnley in the next update (he won't, or rather if he does that's a bug rather than a data issue!) you can say Peter Crouch is feeling insanely fast over 10 yards.