Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

Tahith Chong man united should be classed has home grown been there since 2016/17 but on the game it’s saying won’t be till 29/6/20 

Rhian Brewster have the wrong Luis Suarez as favorite personell.

Dejan Lovren and Mohamed Salah should possibly have Sergio Ramos as disliked personell based on recent news headlines.

Georginio Wijnaldum have played in every outfield position. This warrants a versatility rating of 17-18. On a personal note I want to be able to mold Gini into a backup player at rightback for Liverpool, seeing how his PA is unfortunately way too low to be the same driving force in midfield as he is under Klopp.

Georginio Wijnaldum also have an odd selection of favorite clubs - rivals Arsenal & Man United in England, and Barca & Real in Spain. Are you sure he didn't once just mention that these were the clubs he would like to play for abroad? If so, he should have a preference to play for these clubs and not be a supporter.

Naby Keita have a preference to play for Barcelona. But according to this article he turned them down in order to play for Liverpool.  I would switch the clubs in his profile.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have the lowest PA of Henderson, Fabinho, and Milner. Of the four of them, I think the Ox have shown so far in the Liverpool shirt that on his best day his max level is the highest (although he isn't close to being as consistent as Milner). Just a general comment, unfortunately no data to back this up.

Virgil Van Dijk should possibly have the "does not dive into tackles" PPM? He rarely goes to ground when making a tackle, instead choosing to dangle a foot for the block.

Edvard Tagseth was rated as one of the world's 60 best players from the 2001 generation. Rave reviews from Gerrard from his time as U18-manager. Captain for the national side and noted for his maturity. Would be nice to see his person data and mental attributes graded.  

4 hours ago, lbowman66 said:

I noticed that Brighton’s loan manager David Weir is not at Brighton in game. I have done some further research and it appears the role of ‘Loan Manager’ is a growing trend which I have suggested we look to add to the game here...

He's not because we don't currently support that role in game. 

@MontyOnTheRun In response...

Brewster - I'll check Suarez out. In light of his injury time with Ox I might include him as a friend

Ramos - Agree with Lovren after their recent and ongoing social media spat

Wijnaldum - I think he might be worth a small CA rise in the next data drop if I can, so will look at Versatility then. Happy with his PA though. Regards favourite clubs, that has been set whilst at one of his previous clubs but you're probably right about not being classed as a supporter.

Keita - can't see this set in the DB (?). 

Ox - i'm happy with him, Henderson and Milner currently and I'm not sure I agree he's been better consistently. Fabinho though was set by his previous club's researcher and I've not seen enough of him at the moment.

VVD - possibly, it is not recommended to have more than 4 PPA's and he's currently got 3. Will look again in the next data drop.

Tagseth - hard with him at the moment as he's was injured for the last part of the season and he's yet to get a lot of regular game time this season.

Paul Dummett's home reputation is probably too high given his international standing. Looks a bit quick based on what I've seen of him, too.

Ben Davies' Runs With Ball Down Left PPM doesn't reflect how he plays irl. Very rarely have I seen him try to take someone on down the wing.

22 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@MontyOnTheRun In response...

Wijnaldum - I think he might be worth a small CA rise in the next data drop if I can, so will look at Versatility then. Happy with his PA though. Regards favourite clubs, that has been set whilst at one of his previous clubs but you're probably right about not being classed as a supporter.

@diddydaddydoddy This is from a Dutch perspective coming from seeing him play the last few years at the Dutch national team;

• I'd suggest increasing his familiarity at "attacking midfielder central", which is currently 14.  Maybe around 16-17 at least. To back up my case; the majority of the times he has been placed as a more controlling midfielder part of a duo either behind a number 10 or in front of a number 6 in the Dutch team. Problem was, most of the times he was invisible in the period when the Dutch team was playing horrible uninspirational football, especially paired with Strootman was god awful. He's wasn't the type of guy to take the lead if it doesn't go very well (he still has that problem if you ask me). However, in recent matches under Koeman he has been put in a more '10' role on midfield with some less defensive responsibility on the midfield with Frenkie de Jong and Marten de Roon behind him. He has been performing a lot better, and you can tell he likes that role a lot. And it used to be his main position back in the day at PSV and Feyenoord. Now I get he has a different role at Liverpool, but that squad is built differently so the balance is different. But at the Dutch team, he has never been above average as a controlling midfielder. But at '10' he has definitely been one of the better players under Koeman.

In my eyes Wijnaldum is the type of guy who is very dependent on the team around him and the role he has within those boundaries. His role at Liverpool is most definitely not the type of role he is suited at in the Dutch team. That said, he has never been better as of now.

Edited by CrowBar

On 19/11/2018 at 14:05, Mush1983 said:

Tahith Chong man united should be classed has home grown been there since 2016/17 but on the game it’s saying won’t be till 29/6/20 

Thanks @Mush1983 - his "date joined club" had been incorrectly entered as 1/7/2017, and it shoudl be 1/7/2016; I've changed that.  So, he'll qualify as Home Grown should he still be at United at the end of the 2018/19 season.

On 18/11/2018 at 18:03, romjet2 said:

Enzo Robise (218116924)

City Birth : Mantes-la-Jolie
Language : English (good)

Date joined : 24/07/2017

History
2016 Stade de Reims - date joined 01/07/2016 date departed 23/07/2016- transfer fee 300 000 €
2017 Southampton date joined 24/07/2017

According Foot-Mercato, there is a clause "Fee after next sale (% to Stade de Reims)" in his contract, probably around 15/20 %.
http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/info-fm-a-la-decouverte-d-enzo-robise-le-joyau-francais-de-southampton_238916

Merci, Jérome!

One thing I've noticed across this year's game and last is Spurs selling out Wembley every week when they are actually averaging 59-60k a week?.. I'm 4 seasons in on my game and they are already back at Wembley while expanding the new ground to over 70k. They are again selling 90k a week at Wembley. 60k is a more realistic attendance?

On 18/11/2018 at 23:24, tomlcfc said:

I understand why you've done it but it's a little bit dangerous to be regurgitating a point straight after a good performance, we can't be judging players from game to game.

I think you're bigging up the assist, anyway; I shouted 'crap ball Ben' as he dinked it, and it was poorly defended by the front man. His crossing has probably been his worst key attribute as a full-back this season (can't quite remember what it currently is in the DB), and his set piece delivery was shocking throughout the game barring that one IMO (especially first half).

We're bordering on off-topic here (happy to continue the debate elsewhere if you want) but this really is a limited England selection. Who is the 3rd best left back we have? Bertrand has been average for a while now, Baines is finished, Rose is increasingly injury prone and Young is getting on a bit too. Outside of Ben and Luke Shaw it's very limited, and you can say the same for many other positions (CM, strikers, GK, wide positions in particular). 'Champions League quality' is a ridiculous term when half the players at CL clubs aren't playing or can't get out the group stage.

Having said all this, I agree he is morphing into a very capable left-back. As I've said a few pages back, he is very much top of the list for a good upgrade in January (defensively above all else) :)

Fair fair fair I was only teasing. I understand he can go backwards and drop off just as easily. The nature of the game.

Edited by StyleZ

On 10/11/2018 at 21:38, santy001 said:

We had this discussion earlier in the thread. Everton do still have a loan with a bank if I remember rightly, and money owed to Moshiri is still debt. He hasn't converted it to equity (shares) so its still debt.

It’s not a debt

He paid it off. No interest or any repayments are to be made.

He is entitled to the money back of course however that would be incorporated into any sale price should he wish to leave. 

It needs to be changed

6 minutes ago, xtradj said:

It’s not a debt

He paid it off. No interest or any repayments are to be made.

He is entitled to the money back of course however that would be incorporated into any sale price should he wish to leave. 

It needs to be changed

It's still debt.

Directly from Everton's accounts submitted:

25af65b459013ea74523d2b025747e1f.png

It is an interest free loan of £150m. With repayments to be set at a later date. That is the current situation. It would be a breach of FFP for anything other than that, so irrespective of the intentions regarding repayment (although the door is clearly open there in the future for a change of heart on repayment terms) it is debt. 

Troy Parrot missing Belvedere FC from his club history. It's who he played for before signing for Spurs. Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/18/five-facts-about-tottenham-striker-troy-parrott-after-signing-ne/

The highly-rated striker was developed in Irish minnows Belvedere FC's academy before moving to England with Spurs, where he attracted interest from Celtic, Liverpool and Chelsea according to RTE.

On 18/10/2018 at 20:16, Spurs08 said:

Why is there a thread for the whole league - the most played one in the game - rather than individual clubs this year?

Hmn, True tho. Never even considered this

1 hour ago, kriss68 said:

Fulham - transfer values :

64phxi.jpg

You're going to have to give some more info. Which values in game are you querying? And those fees are from Transfermarkt, which is by no means an official source...

Wolves having no money is inaccurate

Guo Guangchang is the clubs main owner = worth reported £6.9 Billion USA Dollars.  He has been to Crystal Palace & Everton Game so far this season

Wang Qunbin is worth £1.1Billion USA Dollars = he should be maybe co-owner or director   

https://www.wolves.co.uk/club/about-us/directors-profiles/

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:07, swansongs said:

Paul Dummett's home reputation is probably too high given his international standing. Looks a bit quick based on what I've seen of him, too.

Ben Davies' Runs With Ball Down Left PPM doesn't reflect how he plays irl. Very rarely have I seen him try to take someone on down the wing.

But he does often run with the ball down the left.  But he rarely dribbles anymore unless level with the penalty area.  I believe this to me more a Poch instruction though as our full backs are left so isolated they are told not to take risks when running at opposition players.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:44, markyosullivan said:

Troy Parrot missing Belvedere FC from his club history. It's who he played for before signing for Spurs. Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/18/five-facts-about-tottenham-striker-troy-parrott-after-signing-ne/

Thanks, I'll get it added.

21 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

But he does often run with the ball down the left.  But he rarely dribbles anymore unless level with the penalty area.  I believe this to me more a Poch instruction though as our full backs are left so isolated they are told not to take risks when running at opposition players.

If he "rarely dribbles anymore" then how is he "running with the ball down the left often".

PPMs are a player's tendency to ignore a manager's instruction, not follow them. He should only have the PPM if he does an exceptional amount of dribbling for a fullback, deciding to do so instead of passing, or clearing the ball, even when it's not appropriate. If he's acting entirely based on a manager's instruction, then he should have no PPM. Dribble More is a very common instruction in the fullback role/duties. It's redundant and inhibits the player's ability to play any other way.

12 hours ago, Mr Ford 1877 said:

Guo Guangchang is the clubs main owner = worth reported £6.9 Billion USA Dollars.  He has been to Crystal Palace & Everton Game so far this season

Wang Qunbin is worth £1.1Billion USA Dollars = he should be maybe co-owner or director   

Thanks @Mr Ford 1877 - this has been brought up, before, and I replied in my post from October 19th:

"All clubs are treated the same, finance-wise, in the database.  We start off with the "Cash" amount, as stated in the last available set of accounts, which is for the year 2016/17.  From there, we do our best to work out what the income/expenditure has been in the interim period.

In the season 2016/17, the club made a £23m loss. Clearly, Wolves will have had higher outgoings, in terms of their wages, than money coming in, during the 2017/18 season, too.

On top of that, we have to factor in net expenditure in the summer 2018 transfer window, which amounts to over £60m.

So, we start the game with Wolves having a £70m+ negative cash balance.  However, the club is set as having a "Sugar Daddy", which means that the club will not struggle in-game unduly, financially, as money will be put in by the owners, as happens in real life.  We have also set Wolves with a reasonable transfer budget (considering the club already starts FM2019 with the players that it has acquired over the summer of 2018) with which to start the game, of about £20m, and sufficient leeway in the weekly wage budget to pay a decent player.

As the game plays, you should not find that the finances hinder the gameplay, but we couldn't have it so that Wolves starts the game with the players that it had bought over the summer, but without any of the financial implications of that expenditure."

10 hours ago, swansongs said:

If he "rarely dribbles anymore" then how is he "running with the ball down the left often".

PPMs are a player's tendency to ignore a manager's instruction, not follow them. He should only have the PPM if he does an exceptional amount of dribbling for a fullback, deciding to do so instead of passing, or clearing the ball, even when it's not appropriate. If he's acting entirely based on a manager's instruction, then he should have no PPM. Dribble More is a very common instruction in the fullback role/duties. It's redundant and inhibits the player's ability to play any other way.

If the PPM means that the player will dribble more often on the left, then you're right.  If it means that they will run with the ball some distance when unchallenged then that is something different all together.  I guess I could use some clarity on that because in tactics you can set a player to run with the ball more often AND dribble less.  The two aren't contradictory as one is a player running with the ball often into space and the other is actively taking on opponent players in tight spaces.

And just to be clear, Davies does run with the ball very often.  He'll often cover 30 or 40 yards with it.  But he'll only dribble if someone is covering behind him and only in the final third.

Edited by GSevensM75

On 23/11/2018 at 20:55, JasonLFC10 said:

One thing I've noticed across this year's game and last is Spurs selling out Wembley every week when they are actually averaging 59-60k a week?.. I'm 4 seasons in on my game and they are already back at Wembley while expanding the new ground to over 70k. They are again selling 90k a week at Wembley. 60k is a more realistic attendance?

Thanks @JasonLFC10 - that is a fair comment; thanks for pointing it out.

51 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

If the PPM means that the player will dribble more often on the left, then you're right.  If it means that they will run with the ball some distance when unchallenged then that is something different all together.  I guess I could use some clarity on that because in tactics you can set a player to run with the ball more often AND dribble less.  The two aren't contradictory as one is a player running with the ball often into space and the other is actively taking on opponent players in tight spaces.

And just to be clear, Davies does run with the ball very often.  He'll often cover 30 or 40 yards with it.  But he'll only dribble if someone is covering behind him and only in the final third.

I believe that that "runs with ball down left" PPM implies taking on opposition players while dribbling, but will seek confirmation as to how it is used.

2 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

I believe that that "runs with ball down left" PPM implies taking on opposition players while dribbling, but will seek confirmation as to how it is used.

Thanks Pete.  If it does mean taking people on, then I'll ensure it is removed for the next data update.

Perhaps 'Brings ball out of defence' more appropriate? Certainly something he did for Wales as the left-sided centreback. Don't know how it works with fullback roles.

On 29/11/2018 at 04:33, Mr Ford 1877 said:

Just because owner is rich doesn't make the club rich. 

Mike Ashley would like to have a word with you. 

On 25/10/2018 at 21:30, Sean Blinkhorn said:

Cheers, but the U15 coach isn't a role represented in-game. 

Nice one for the heads up though, coaches tend to get promoted pretty fast at the CFA.

Can you not add him to the game as a Youth coach?

On 29/11/2018 at 09:51, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @JasonLFC10 - that is a fair comment; thanks for pointing it out.

Pete you might want to look at the finances as well for both Tottenham and Man Utd. Excessively high based on latest accounts. I have raised this a couple of pages back but no official answer from you.

Newcastle United under Mike Ashley continue to spend far too much money in the transfer windows, regularly spending £20m-£40m net, and often spending £18m+ on a single player. 

Felipe Anderson's stats needed to be reviewed in January.

He has poor decisions and low teamwork in FM when he is a very good team player and he is actually one of our most clever players in the final third.

Also id say his passing and vision  deserves a little boost and finishing slightly 

Edited by Rockywhu
Typo

1 hour ago, Rockywhu said:

Felipe Anderson's stats needed to be reviewed in January.

He has poor decisions and low teamwork in FM when he is a very good team player and he is actually one of our most clever players in the final third.

Also id say his passing and vision  deserves a little boost and finishing slightly 

Hi @Rockywhu Anderson's stats will definitely be reviewed in January. With new players, particularly those that come from other leagues, i won't amend the stats until I've had a chance to properly watch the player myself. 

Please add Boca Juniors as a favorite club (supporter) to Lucas Torreira.

Nathan Aké

International caps: 7.
International goals: 1 (against Italy on June 4th 2018)

21 hours ago, mattgranger said:

Hi @Rockywhu Anderson's stats will definitely be reviewed in January. With new players, particularly those that come from other leagues, i won't amend the stats until I've had a chance to properly watch the player myself. 

Yeah I remember you saying mate 👍 keep up the good work. 

Bournemouth researcher:

Adam Smith - Runs with ball through centre. I don't watch them any more than MOTD highlights, but that PPM would assume he plays like an IWB? But I've not seen that when I have watched bits of them.

Charlie Daniels - Cuts inside from both wings. Same as above really.

Also they both have "shoots from distance" do Bournemouth's full backs attempt long rangers on a game by game basis?

Simon Francis - I don't know enough about him, but he's 33, and "media described" as a centre back. But has "Gets forward when ever possible" and "hugs line". Game does have him as being more a full back, just seems strange.

Andrew Surman - DM/CM has "cuts inside from both wings"

Just a few weird PPM's noticed when I loaded up a quick save with them. Again I don't watch them that much, but they seem out of place regardless. Then Ryan Fraser for example has none.

2 hours ago, Fosse said:

Iheanacho's workrate is too high at 14

This has really made me laugh, so abrupt yet so true! No doubt about that one from me, needs a big downgrade in January, thank you.

Shame for him, though, he looked half decent in behind Vardy at the end of last season, but the man has shown nothing but Beckford-level idleness since pre-season.

5 minutes ago, tomlcfc said:

This has really made me laugh, so abrupt yet so true! No doubt about that one from me, needs a big downgrade in January, thank you.

Shame for him, though, he looked half decent in behind Vardy at the end of last season, but the man has shown nothing but Beckford-level idleness since pre-season.

I'd erased Beckford from my memory but yeah now that I think about it, it's a painfully good comparison. At least Beckford would occasionally get in behind and scored that hattrick against Forest.

Morgan isn't as slow on the game as he is in IRL, he's obviously not quick but 7ish (off the top of my head) is a bit harsh

Edited by Fosse

4 hours ago, Fosse said:

I'd erased Beckford from my memory but yeah now that I think about it, it's a painfully good comparison. At least Beckford would occasionally get in behind and scored that hattrick against Forest.

Morgan isn't as slow on the game as he is in IRL, he's obviously not quick but 7ish (off the top of my head) is a bit harsh

Ah, good memories!

Another good point on Morgan's pace, although I'd certainly like it to stay low, below 10 for sure. I've come to the conclusion the reason why he can't stay in the defensive line is because he's so painfully slow and cumbersome (I always go back to Liverpool when Rickie Lambert did him for pace, but even look at how far he is ahead of Soyuncu and the rest of the defence for the goal at Fulham). 

AFC Bournemouth are apparently owned  by Reading and play at the Madjeski stadium in my data, Version 19.2.1, I've uploaded my save to your ownCloud for you to see.