Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

13 hours ago, liamwpk said:

iirc other players to have left at 18 year olds have their respective clubs though. I.e. Rooney, Aaron Lennon, Mbappe.

Sheyi Ojo left MK Dons at I think at 14 or 15 yet has "Club trained at MK Dons". Although his is set as "3 Years Before 21" so perhaps the same for Milner?

Fair enough. It's not a data issue though, as it's not set by researchers (or in the editor) - it's worked out by the game.

Marc Pugh ID:5113470 has his contract still as expiring on 30/6/2018, my understanding is that he renewed it for another season until 30/6/2019 just like Boruc.

20 hours ago, GSevensM75 said:

Thanks for your feedback.  But we'll see what happens in January.  I believe Levy will deliver some good financial news to spin the fact the stadium has been so delayed.  Financially Spurs are in a very strong position, primarily because we don't have a net spend on players that goes back seasons.  All that money has been sunk into infrastructure, rather than us having to borrow money.

I dont think you understand, If you leave the bank balance as it is currently implemented, the football club AI will use that for transfers, NOT for the stadium (unless its hard coded to deduct 350m), therefore you are falsifying Spurs' position in the transfer market.

Speak to Dean/Pete @Gripper @Pete Sottrel about is as its not currently correct. If Levy reported good accounts that's fine, but all that money will NOT be used to strengthen the squad but be used to pay off the stadium/contractors. £350 m is an extortionate amount of money which the Football Club does not have 'available' for first team strengthening.

16 hours ago, Arsenal71 said:

I dont think you understand, If you leave the bank balance as it is currently implemented, the football club AI will use that for transfers, NOT for the stadium (unless its hard coded to deduct 350m), therefore you are falsifying Spurs' position in the transfer market.

Speak to Dean/Pete @Gripper @Pete Sottrel about is as its not currently correct. If Levy reported good accounts that's fine, but all that money will NOT be used to strengthen the squad but be used to pay off the stadium/contractors. £350 m is an extortionate amount of money which the Football Club does not have 'available' for first team strengthening.

Not from the tests I've done.  Have you experienced something different in your games?  I play two games.  One as Spurs and one as a LLM.  In my LLM game the Spurs net spend over the first 3 seasons is £15m.  In my game as Spurs manager I get around £25m to spend each transfer window, despite winning the league and Champion's League.  But I'm only three transfer windows into that one.

On 10/11/2018 at 15:32, xtradj said:

Alan Kelly

and Fran Alonso

left Everton ages ago!

also why are they in debt? Moshiri paid it off himself and the money is owed to him 

Alan Kelly is still with Everton, Under 23 coach.

Adalberto Penaranda

1. Shouldn't he be unavailable for Watford as he doesn't have a work permit?

2. Should he be really rated as the second coming of Pele given that he had a fairly unspectacular loan period at Malaga last season?

Lewis Binks and Phoenix Patterson (both Tottenham) are set as English with Scottish as a second nationality. I believe this should be the other way around - primarily Scottish - because they've both accepted call-ups for Scottish youth squads. Additionally, Patterson is listed as declared for England which is definitely incorrect - he has two caps for Scotland U19s.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/players/?pid=503486&lid=9&rid=4423

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-18-squad-announced-for-spain-based-friendly-double-header/?rid=19914

Maxwell Statham (Tottenham) is the son of former player Brian Statham - who doesn't appear to currently be in the DB having last had a role as Billericy manager in 2010. However, Brian was born in Harare, at the time Rhodesia, which means Maxwell is eligible for Zimbabwe.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-18/players/maxwell-statham/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Statham_(footballer)

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

Maxwell Statham (Tottenham) is the son of former player Brian Statham - who doesn't appear to currently be in the DB having last had a role as Billericy manager in 2010. However, Brian was born in Harare, at the time Rhodesia, which means Maxwell is eligible for Zimbabwe.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-18/players/maxwell-statham/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Statham_(footballer)

Being born in a country does not necessarily grant citizenship, which is the case with Zimbabwe. The country also prohibits dual citizenship for those who do not hold citizenship by descent.

Edited by Foss

12 minutes ago, Foss said:

Being born in a country does not necessarily grant citizenship, which is the case with Zimbabwe. The country also prohibits dual citizenship for those who do not hold citizenship by descent.

That may have previously been the case, but was superseded by the new constitution in 2013. As I understand it the current Government is resisting the logical consequences of that with regards to electoral voting rights, but the legal position appears to be that dual citizenship is now legal. Additionally, citizens by descent are citizens automatically, I.E. assuming that Statham qualifies as such he is a citizen regardless of whether he's actually applied for a passport or any official documentation to formalise this.

In order for citizenship by descent to apply, he'd need to have been born outside Zimbabwe, to somebody who held citizenship. So the question is whether or not Brian Statham was a citizen of Zimbabwe in the year 2000. As far as I can tell there's nothing definitive either way on this, but I'd think the assumption would have to be that somebody born in the country was a citizen there unless we have some reason to believe otherwise? In addition, the people who may at that point have been more likely not to have held citizenship, whether by choice or because they were denied it, were white people given the events of the 1965-80 civil war and the predominantly black governership of the country that followed - Brian Statham is a black man. My final point would be that if the case turned out to be a grey area, you'd expect the state to err on the side of leniancy and grant citizenship given we're talking about someone potentially strengthening their football team rather than claiming citizenship in order to live in the country as an ordinary person.

The changes made to the constitution in 2013 have apparently been repealed by a new citizenship bill this year, but more to the point is that Brian Statham is unlikely to ever have possessed Zimbabwean nationality. If Statham was born to British parents living abroad in Rhodesia, which seems to be the case, then he wouldn't have citizenship by birth. Seeing as his family moved to Saudi Arabia soon after it is also doubtful his parents would have applied him for citizenship either.

I've just started a Wolves save and Jiminez is criminally underrated.

Jiminez on fm18 january database:

998258474_jimfm18.thumb.PNG.d18cc3372a3da3260a42b30ac6c81b8d.PNG

In season 2017/18, Jiminez had 0 goals 1 assist in the league before January

From january he got 6 goals, 6 assists.

FM19

2067915645_jimfm19.thumb.PNG.cc75475fd05064d03b7887d2e38b701e.PNG

And somehow his attributes have been downgraded. 1 point has gone up and a whopping 14 down. Off the ball 11 is just so off the mark. Composure is understandably low as he misses a lot of easy chances but other than that he is just so underrated. The staff rate him as a leading championship player when in reality he's been very good in the premier league this season. I think I've been put off from starting my Wolves save.

Edited by NabsKebabs

24 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

I've just started a Wolves save and Jiminez is criminally underrated.

Jiminez on fm18 january database:

998258474_jimfm18.thumb.PNG.d18cc3372a3da3260a42b30ac6c81b8d.PNG

In season 2017/18, Jiminez had 0 goals 1 assist in the league before January

From january he got 6 goals, 6 assists.

FM19

2067915645_jimfm19.thumb.PNG.cc75475fd05064d03b7887d2e38b701e.PNG

And somehow his attributes have been downgraded. 1 point has gone up and a whopping 14 down. Off the ball 11 is just so off the mark. Composure is understandably low as he misses a lot of easy chances but other than that he is just so underrated. The staff rate him as a leading championship player when in reality he's been very good in the premier league this season. I think I've been put off from starting my Wolves save.

Since he is on loan, were his attributes set by the Benfica or Wolves researcher?

Tottenham's average ticket prices need updating. £865 for a Season Ticket is sadly way too low - literally every block in the stadium bar one costs more than this! I did see that it went up to £986 in Season 2 but I have no idea if that's pre-set or the game's AI realising prices are too low since they're easily filling the ground, but either way it's still lower than real life. I don't know if/how the game accounts for premium seats and discounted ones for children/OAPs (although these are limited to cheaper seats regardless), but I believe £865 is the same figure used in FM18, and prices are now around 35-40% higher. For instance:

Lower-tier sideline STs have gone from £1,075 to £1,500 - 40%

Lower tier behind goal: £725 to £995 - 37%

Higher tier corner seats (bottom of tier at Wembley, top at NWHL) - £695 to £975 - 40%

Especially if the figure also reflects premium seats (which have gone up massively) and discounted ones (which have much lower availability), I think you're looking at an increase of around 45% being a fair representation, putting the average season ticket cost in FM at £1,254. Every sideline seat, so the vast majority of the East and West stands, costs at least £1,200 (with the most expensive at £1,995) with no discounts available, while barring the tiny family corner the cheapest seats (at the top of the North and South stands) are £875, so this seems a reasonable figure. While matchday pricing is yet to be confirmed it will inevitably have to see a similar increase to avoid going game-by-game becoming massively cheaper than buying a Season Ticket, which would put the cost in FM at £65.

Of course this should also be reflected in the attendance numbers, which should be a fair bit lower as a result.

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/season-ticket-prices/

https://www.google.com/search?q=tottenham+wembley+season+ticket+price&client=firefox-b-ab&tbs=cdr:1,cd_max:1/1/2018&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiamKPjx9HeAhWHKcAKHXaqAvIQ_AUIESgE&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=ZkMfXHDRYnVquM:

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/tottenham/

EDIT: The club also increased the number of STs sold this season to 42k which needs to be reflected. There's also 8k people with premium or corporate season tickets, so the figure should be 50k if they're included and certainly league tickets sold at the new ground should never be below this in game unless ST sales drop.

Edited by Spurs08

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

Tottenham's average ticket prices need updating. £865 for a Season Ticket is sadly way too low - literally every block in the stadium bar one costs more than this! I did see that it went up to £986 in Season 2 but I have no idea if that's pre-set or the game's AI realising prices are too low since they're easily filling the ground, but either way it's still lower than real life. I don't know if/how the game accounts for premium seats and discounted ones for children/OAPs (although these are limited to cheaper seats regardless), but I believe £865 is the same figure used in FM18, and prices are now around 35-40% higher. For instance:

Lower-tier sideline STs have gone from £1,075 to £1,500 - 40%

Lower tier behind goal: £725 to £995 - 37%

Higher tier corner seats (bottom of tier at Wembley, top at NWHL) - £695 to £975 - 40%

Especially if the figure also reflects premium seats (which have gone up massively) and discounted ones (which have much lower availability), I think you're looking at an increase of around 45% being a fair representation, putting the average season ticket cost in FM at £1,254. Every sideline seat, so the vast majority of the East and West stands, costs at least £1,200 (with the most expensive at £1,995) with no discounts available, while barring the tiny family corner the cheapest seats (at the top of the North and South stands) are £875, so this seems a reasonable figure. While matchday pricing is yet to be confirmed it will inevitably have to see a similar increase to avoid going game-by-game becoming massively cheaper than buying a Season Ticket, which would put the cost in FM at £65.

Of course this should also be reflected in the attendance numbers, which should be a fair bit lower as a result.

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/season-ticket-prices/

https://www.google.com/search?q=tottenham+wembley+season+ticket+price&client=firefox-b-ab&tbs=cdr:1,cd_max:1/1/2018&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiamKPjx9HeAhWHKcAKHXaqAvIQ_AUIESgE&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=ZkMfXHDRYnVquM:

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/tottenham/

EDIT: The club also increased the number of STs sold this season to 42k which needs to be reflected. There's also 8k people with premium or corporate season tickets, so the figure should be 50k if they're included and certainly league tickets sold at the new ground should never be below this in game unless ST sales drop.

Thanks, I'll make sure this is updated in the next data release.  If we ever get to our new stadium.....

4 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

Thanks, I'll make sure this is updated in the next data release.  If we ever get to our new stadium.....

No worries! Hah, must be a bit of a guessing game trying to figure out when to have us move there in-game considering nobody seems to have a scooby in real life :D

I'm going through the youth team too changing some of them for my own personal file: I'll post anything substantial/factial in here but if it's annoying or stuff you've already picked up on obviously let me know and I'll stop! One I've just seen is that Brandon Austin is eligible to play for the US Virgin Islands

https://sbisoccer.com/2017/07/u-s-u-18-brandon-austin-relishing-chance-at-preseason-with-tottenham-first-team

https://tottenhamhotspurworld.com/spurs-academy-spotlight-brandon-austin/

Paris Maghoma should probably be set as DR Congo for nationality given that both of his brother are internationals for them, and at the minimum needs to have it as a second nationality with no declaration.

I was quite surprised at Harry Wink's PA considering he had some rave performances last year, like the Real Madrid game etc.  but his potential is in the low 150s IIRC. 

10 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Paris Maghoma should probably be set as DR Congo for nationality given that both of his brother are internationals for them, and at the minimum needs to have it as a second nationality with no declaration.

He's currently with the England U18 squad so England should remain his primary nationality, but you're right, he should have DR Congo as a second nationality.

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

I was quite surprised at Harry Wink's PA considering he had some rave performances last year, like the Real Madrid game etc.  but his potential is in the low 150s IIRC. 

Low 150s is an amazing PA. He's not particularly athletic so I'm not sure anything higher is remotely realistic.

Former Austrian captain and Leicester player Christian Fuchs had declared to leave Leicester City end of 2018/19.

And he will go to the States after that. In my saves, he is always joining a team in different countries (France and Russia).

image.thumb.png.b323360ba0a81a406d8a26a897d71a88.png

He should have set, wants to work in the United States at his career plan and doesn´t like to work in Europe

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11353629/christian-fuchs-to-leave-leicester-city-in-2019

1 hour ago, Fire_03 said:

Former Austrian captain and Leicester player Christian Fuchs had declared to leave Leicester City end of 2018/19.

And he will go to the States after that. In my saves, he is always joining a team in different countries (France and Russia).

image.thumb.png.b323360ba0a81a406d8a26a897d71a88.png

He should have set, wants to work in the United States at his career plan and doesn´t like to work in Europe

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11353629/christian-fuchs-to-leave-leicester-city-in-2019

Your first two points are already taken care of - he is set to leave at the end of his contract (and thus can't negotiate with him), and also has a preference to play in the US.

However, as this is not a hard-coded, guaranteed thing, he still has a chance of going somewhere else (this is not totally out of the question IRL, either, considering the eccentricity of the bloke off the field). I'm not sure having 'does not want to work in Europe' would have that much of an impact, either, as he may then look to go to China etc. as he has done in one of my personal saves. 

vor 32 Minuten schrieb tomlcfc:

Your first two points are already taken care of - he is set to leave at the end of his contract (and thus can't negotiate with him), and also has a preference to play in the US.

However, as this is not a hard-coded, guaranteed thing, he still has a chance of going somewhere else (this is not totally out of the question IRL, either, considering the eccentricity of the bloke off the field). I'm not sure having 'does not want to work in Europe' would have that much of an impact, either, as he may then look to go to China etc. as he has done in one of my personal saves. 

I´ve talked to him some months ago at a meeting and he told me he will stay in the U.S. with his family after his time in England.
What i know is, he wouldn´t play in Japan, China or Australia because of his family. He would prefer to play only in the MLS (East Coast) or be a kicker in the NFL.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/06/08/report-leicester-city-defender-christian-fuchs-looking-make-mls-move

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Xavier Amaechi in the Arsenal youth team is down as being a right footed right winger as his primary position. He’s actually a fairly one footed, left footed right inside forward.

On 14/11/2018 at 16:51, Fire_03 said:

I´ve talked to him some months ago at a meeting and he told me he will stay in the U.S. with his family after his time in England.
What i know is, he wouldn´t play in Japan, China or Australia because of his family. He would prefer to play only in the MLS (East Coast) or be a kicker in the NFL.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/06/08/report-leicester-city-defender-christian-fuchs-looking-make-mls-move

As I say, he is already set to have a preference to play in the USA, and I am aware of his family situation. However, as I also said in my previous reply, I don't believe we can make it any more concrete that he will play in the US. It isn't certain anyway: he'd need an East Coast MLS side to actually be able to afford his wages and want him. 

Edited by tomlcfc

Harvey Neville at Man Utd has his uncle, Gary Neville as a relation, but doesn't have one with his dad, Phil.

Also, should Phil be available to recruit at the start of the game, given that he has a full-time contract with England Women?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb tomlcfc:

As I say, he is already set to have a preference to play in the USA, and I am aware of his family situation. However, as I also said in my previous reply, I don't believe we can make it any more concrete that he will play in the US. It isn't certain anyway: he'd need an East Coast MLS side to actually be able to afford his wages and want him. I'm not sure why you're continuing to preach a point that is already addressed as far as possible?

It wasn´t only a question from me. There are more FM players in Austria, and one of them asked me about this.
I told him your answer and he wasn´t happy. Thats why i´ve asked you again.

But do not think that I have to justify why I ask something isn´t it?

On 15/11/2018 at 00:11, Fire_03 said:

It wasn´t only a question from me. There are more FM players in Austria, and one of them asked me about this.
I told him your answer and he wasn´t happy. Thats why i´ve asked you again.

But do not think that I have to justify why I ask something isn´t it?

Yes, Christian Fuchs does end up going to non-US clubs on many saves because at least to my knowledge, there is little more we can do than set a preference for the US. If there is something more we can do that is a fair reflection of what the player has said publicly, then of course I'd be very happy to make those changes.

Edited by tomlcfc

On 13/11/2018 at 07:47, NabsKebabs said:

Since he is on loan, were his attributes set by the Benfica or Wolves researcher?

I've not messed with Raul much at all as I haven't seen enough to judge. In January he may get a change but most attributes would be set by the Benfica side.

3 hours ago, Clintabn said:

Michael Obafemi (28109945) should have Affy Obafemi (29086556) down as his brother

He was also born in Dublin & should have England as a second nation

http://www.ryanfc.net/news/former-ryan-fc-player-michael-obafemi-makes-premier-league-debut--162/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46226854

Thanks, @Clintabn

Hasn't Arsene Wenger said he won't manager another Premier League club? He took over at Liverpool in my save, can't see him doing that IRL. 

On 11/11/2018 at 14:05, Eric Leonardo said:

Marc Pugh ID:5113470 has his contract still as expiring on 30/6/2018, my understanding is that he renewed it for another season until 30/6/2019 just like Boruc.

Thanks, @Eric Leonardo - yes, this was discussed with the Bournemouth researcher, over the summer, and, though we couldn't find any press release by the club that announced an extension, I believe that there was some snippet from Pugh to say that his contract extended beyond the summer of 2018.  Apologies for not updating that in the database.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah has 3 caps (0 goals) for Holland. His first cap was against France on 31/08/2017.

There's quite a few well know young players with a fair bit of first team experience with high CA but random potentials - Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, Scott McTominay, Dominic Solanke, Tom Davies, Harvey Barnes, Aaron Wan-Bissaka. All of these have around 130-135 CA but -8 or -75 PA, which if they are unlucky means they won't be able to improve at all. They are all well know enough to have fixed potentials (or higher random).

-75 PA is harsh on Solanke in particular, in game the Golden Ball winner at the under 20 World Cup has a good chance of being stuck at 135 CA forever.

Enzo Robise (218116924)

City Birth : Mantes-la-Jolie
Language : English (good)

Date joined : 24/07/2017

History
2016 Stade de Reims - date joined 01/07/2016 date departed 23/07/2016- transfer fee 300 000 €
2017 Southampton date joined 24/07/2017

According Foot-Mercato, there is a clause "Fee after next sale (% to Stade de Reims)" in his contract, probably around 15/20 %.
http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/info-fm-a-la-decouverte-d-enzo-robise-le-joyau-francais-de-southampton_238916

On 31/10/2018 at 13:20, tomlcfc said:

- Ben's stats were set back in May/June following 6 months of dreadful defensive displays. He has improved this season but I hadn't seen enough of him by data lock to suggest big increases. He is top of the list for the next update right now, but this can easily change if we suddenly go back to his 17-18 form. Disagree on his first touch though, and he still very rarely takes set pieces. He is another player we are hyping up just because he has got into the least competitive England side in history: our defence is still ridiculously exposed as seen vs. Arsenal - Bellerin tore him a new one.

Took the free kick to assist the goal to make England winners of the group vs 2 very good teams. I think you are harsh in saying it's the least competitive England side considering it's filled with Champions League quality players, got to a World Cup semi final and finished top of the group in the Nations League. Roll on the Nations League finals :brock:

Nah but seriously Chilwell is a hell of a player.

1 hour ago, StyleZ said:

Took the free kick to assist the goal to make England winners of the group vs 2 very good teams. I think you are harsh in saying it's the least competitive England side considering it's filled with Champions League quality players, got to a World Cup semi final and finished top of the group in the Nations League. Roll on the Nations League finals :brock:

Nah but seriously Chilwell is a hell of a player.

I understand why you've done it but it's a little bit dangerous to be regurgitating a point straight after a good performance, we can't be judging players from game to game.

I think you're bigging up the assist, anyway; I shouted 'crap ball Ben' as he dinked it, and it was poorly defended by the front man. His crossing has probably been his worst key attribute as a full-back this season (can't quite remember what it currently is in the DB), and his set piece delivery was shocking throughout the game barring that one IMO (especially first half).

We're bordering on off-topic here (happy to continue the debate elsewhere if you want) but this really is a limited England selection. Who is the 3rd best left back we have? Bertrand has been average for a while now, Baines is finished, Rose is increasingly injury prone and Young is getting on a bit too. Outside of Ben and Luke Shaw it's very limited, and you can say the same for many other positions (CM, strikers, GK, wide positions in particular). 'Champions League quality' is a ridiculous term when half the players at CL clubs aren't playing or can't get out the group stage.

Having said all this, I agree he is morphing into a very capable left-back. As I've said a few pages back, he is very much top of the list for a good upgrade in January (defensively above all else) :)

13 hours ago, StyleZ said:

Took the free kick to assist the goal to make England winners of the group

Overall, his corners and free kicks were very poor in the game. Compare his to those of Trippier at the World Cup.

6 hours ago, lbowman66 said:

Man City’s Rabin matondo has declared and been called up to Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46248770

It's a friendly so even if he plays (almost certainly won't) he's still qualified for England.

We don't get many dropouts after players represent us in the youth levels (as Rabbi has) but could still happen.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:11, Noshy87 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Xavier Amaechi in the Arsenal youth team is down as being a right footed right winger as his primary position. He’s actually a fairly one footed, left footed right inside forward.

Yep, this is an error on my part, cheers for raising this, have asked Pete to change!

I noticed that Brighton’s loan manager David Weir is not at Brighton in game. I have done some further research and it appears the role of ‘Loan Manager’ is a growing trend which I have suggested we look to add to the game here...