Sports Interactive Community
Pete Sottrel

[ENGLAND] Premier Division Data Issues

Hi, I don't know where I should put this because there isn't a thread for England National Team, I am considering being England First Team and I just saw their backroom staff isn't up to date, Keith Downing, Mark Robson and Richie Kyle are not First Team England coaches, This should be the setup;

Manager: Gareth Southgate

Assistant: Steve Holland

Coach: Allan Russell https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44717631

Coach: Paul Nevin https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/paul-nevin-england-football-gareth-southgate-fa-a8566676.html

Goalkeeping Coach: Martyn Margetson - Removed from England setup even though he did not leave? Someone may have removed him by mistake

Physio: Mark Sertori

If this could get sorted it would be very helpful, as Allan Russell isn't even on the game, even though he was in FM18?

The Second image was Taken from the World Cup, Just as more Evidence here is the Wiki Link of England's Coaching Staff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team#Coaching_staff

308167065_Screenshot2018-11-03at20_54_57.thumb.png.967887e5bc369b632af02c3e9ac143f2.pngipanews_e64184d8-1974-4f6c-9206-c53eddd18a3c_1.thumb.jpg.5d3f1770b087d8c86c02659899c4f17d.jpg

Marko Arnautovic has just 7 for anticipation and 8 for decisions which really stands out negatively on most roles he is given to as a striker so his he really that bad in those areas or these ratings were due to CA restrictions? Which would be valid enough because he has West Ham's highest CA already.

12 hours ago, LBall94_ said:

Hi, I don't know where I should put this because there isn't a thread for England National Team, I am considering being England First Team and I just saw their backroom staff isn't up to date, Keith Downing, Mark Robson and Richie Kyle are not First Team England coaches, This should be the setup;

Manager: Gareth Southgate

Assistant: Steve Holland

Coach: Allan Russell https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44717631

Coach: Paul Nevin https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/paul-nevin-england-football-gareth-southgate-fa-a8566676.html

Goalkeeping Coach: Martyn Margetson - Removed from England setup even though he did not leave? Someone may have removed him by mistake

Physio: Mark Sertori

If this could get sorted it would be very helpful, as Allan Russell isn't even on the game, even though he was in FM18?

The Second image was Taken from the World Cup, Just as more Evidence here is the Wiki Link of England's Coaching Staff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team#Coaching_staff

308167065_Screenshot2018-11-03at20_54_57.thumb.png.967887e5bc369b632af02c3e9ac143f2.pngipanews_e64184d8-1974-4f6c-9206-c53eddd18a3c_1.thumb.jpg.5d3f1770b087d8c86c02659899c4f17d.jpg

@LBall94_ - thanks very much for that; I'll make necessary amendments in the database, but can't tell you when those amendments will be available, in-game.

On 02/11/2018 at 01:28, metal_guitarist said:

Thanks, @metal_guitarist - we've got him in the database, but it looks like we mistakenly set him as released from the club; apologies.

On 31/10/2018 at 19:54, Erick1011 said:

Max Kilman at Wolves has a really low CA and PA. He has been training with the first team since joining, and playing as the sweeper in our 3-4-3 formation for the U23s. He's got 25 caps for England futsal, which means absolutely nothing, but he's definitely good with his feet and held in very high regard by Nuno and our coaching staff. I would say his CA and PA need looking at, but if not, I understand, since he's relatively unknown. 

@Erick1011 - thanks for bringing this to our attention; Kilman's profile will be reviewed for the next data update.

8 hours ago, CEVR1996 said:

Marko Arnautovic has just 7 for anticipation and 8 for decisions which really stands out negatively on most roles he is given to as a striker so his he really that bad in those areas or these ratings were due to CA restrictions? Which would be valid enough because he has West Ham's highest CA already.

More to do with CA restrictions as you say, plus he's had to morph from a winger to a striker so certain things like finishing, composure etc have increased (and rightly so).

But thanks for pointing it out, those figures are on the low side so i will definitely reconsider them again come the winter update. 

Moussa Niakaté (49036716) - Stoke City
Please add him Mali as second nationality and update his height / weight to 1m78 72 kg

Samuel Shashoua also speaks Spanish - I believe he's fluent or close to it but I'm nowhere close so you'd want to check that with someone who speaks Spanish. This is seen in interviews from the very start of his loan move so combined with the above-mentioned heritage it seems likely he learn it away from football, meaning it's likely his brother Armando also speaks it.

Backing up my thoughts from a few weeks ago regarding Alfie Whiteman: He now appears to be -7 PA, so either he's been upgraded ( :) ) or I just got a very low-end roll on him in beta - I'd probably got -75 but this is fair enough. I'd say though that his CA could use a bump: he performs far better than our other youth prospects, is regularly training with the first team, and according to Poch is in with a chance of playing tomorrow night ahead of Vorm and Gazzaniga:

@Dan Ormsby I noticed Andy Woodman (ID:2006005) Non-playing history has him leaving Crystal Palace on 9/1/2015 when it should be 9/1/2017 (left with Pardew, just before Allardyce).
On Per Mertesacker (ID:8707357) he has Career Plans as Wants to be a player with Arsenal. Since he has retired, it seems that is not needed anymore (And he certainly will not come out of retirement after all he spoke about).

Newcastle United

Bob Moncur is no longer a director https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bob-moncur-leaves-newcastle-united-14371076

Sean Beech - id agree with Kevin he should be 1st Team Physio

Steve Harper - He is U18 Goalkeeping Coach as he oversees he whole academy rather than U23 GK Coach but could have U23 added as his second job https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-appointed-as-new-lead-academy-goalkeeping-coach

Mick Tait & Paul Baker need adding as scouts https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-appoint-new-spanish-14414266

Edited by magpie1892

16 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Samuel Shashoua also speaks Spanish - I believe he's fluent or close to it but I'm nowhere close so you'd want to check that with someone who speaks Spanish. This is seen in interviews from the very start of his loan move so combined with the above-mentioned heritage it seems likely he learn it away from football, meaning it's likely his brother Armando also speaks it.

Thanks!  I'll add it to my to do list.

16 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Backing up my thoughts from a few weeks ago regarding Alfie Whiteman: He now appears to be -7 PA, so either he's been upgraded ( :) ) or I just got a very low-end roll on him in beta - I'd probably got -75 but this is fair enough. I'd say though that his CA could use a bump: he performs far better than our other youth prospects, is regularly training with the first team, and according to Poch is in with a chance of playing tomorrow night ahead of Vorm and Gazzaniga:

Thanks again for the feedback.  On my to do list is also the fact he recently had a contract extension.

Rating young goalkeeper potential is tough.  Alfie Whiteman looks a decent prospect but so many young goal keeping decent prospects end up playing League Two or below football at their "peaks".

15 hours ago, magpie1892 said:

Newcastle United

Bob Moncur is no longer a director https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bob-moncur-leaves-newcastle-united-14371076

Sean Beech - id agree with Kevin he should be 1st Team Physio

Steve Harper - He is U18 Goalkeeping Coach as he oversees he whole academy rather than U23 GK Coach but could have U23 added as his second job https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-appointed-as-new-lead-academy-goalkeeping-coach

Mick Tait & Paul Baker need adding as scouts https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-appoint-new-spanish-14414266

Hi mate. Thanks for the feedback. Bobby Moncur is now just the ambassador so I will look to change that for next update. The reason I have put Steve Harper as U23 GK coach is because he is always in the dugout for their matches and trains with them. I may be inclined to add U18s as his secondary job but not the U23s. I did think about adding Mick Tait and Paul Baker, but in reality Newcastle have lots of scouts on their books. I will look to see what impact they have and if they seem to be a key part of the setup I will add them in the next update. Once again thank you for the feedback. It's vital to the accuracy of the game and I want to give you the best possible experience of playing with NUFC.

Edited by kevinhowourth

18 hours ago, Eric Leonardo said:

@Dan Ormsby I noticed Andy Woodman (ID:2006005) Non-playing history has him leaving Crystal Palace on 9/1/2015 when it should be 9/1/2017 (left with Pardew, just before Allardyce).
On Per Mertesacker (ID:8707357) he has Career Plans as Wants to be a player with Arsenal. Since he has retired, it seems that is not needed anymore (And he certainly will not come out of retirement after all he spoke about).

Thanks for these.  @Pete Sottrel can you make these changes in the master DB please?  

Regarding some Arsenal players...

Main issue is Aubameyang, he played 13 games for Arsenal last season, 4 of them on LW and scored 3 goals and made 3 assists, this season (which i have been told you do not take in to consideration) he has played 7 games out of 11 there and scored 5 goals.

In game he will not develop past his current state as a left winger (inside forward attack) his circle never gets beyond half way, obviously judging by those stats, he is a very capable left inside forward and should be better or at least the option to develop there.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pierre-emerick-aubameyang/leistungsdaten/spieler/58864/plus/0?saison=2018

Next Issue is Aaron Ramsey, this guy never has been and never will be a advanced playmaker, the guy is best suited to box to box and for his advanced position a AM, this guy does not playmake anything, and never has done.

1 minute ago, GS1981 said:

Regarding some Arsenal players...

Main issue is Aubameyang, he played 13 games for Arsenal last season, 4 of them on LW and scored 3 goals and made 3 assists, this season (which i have been told you do not take in to consideration) he has played 7 games out of 11 there and scored 5 goals.

In game he will not develop past his current state as a left winger (inside forward attack) his circle never gets beyond half way, obviously judging by those stats, he is a very capable left inside forward and should be better or at least the option to develop there.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pierre-emerick-aubameyang/leistungsdaten/spieler/58864/plus/0?saison=2018

Next Issue is Aaron Ramsey, this guy never has been and never will be a advanced playmaker, the guy is best suited to box to box and for his advanced position a AM, this guy does not playmake anything, and never has done.

Neither of these are database & research issues unless, i) you are suggesting that Aubameyang should primarily be a left winger rather than a striker in terms of his basic position rating.  I personally see him primarily as a striker that is also accomplished on the wings. And ii) with Ramsey the only way that would connect to the Arsenal research is if you're saying I have rated him wrong for the attributes I have given him.  I don't set his roles, this is decided by the game code.

Both are match engine issues to do with role scoring.  The players are scored for roles based on the attributes they have.  So for the attributes Ramsey has, he is coming out as an Advanced Playmaker in-game.   So I'd urge you to post in the match engine forum bringing up this issue if you feel strongly about it.

Just now, Dan Ormsby said:

Neither of these are database & research issues unless, i) you are suggesting that Aubameyang should primarily be a left winger rather than a striker in terms of his basic position rating.  I personally see him primarily as a striker that is also accomplished on the wings. And ii) with Ramsey the only way that would connect to the Arsenal research is if you're saying I have rated him wrong for the attributes I have given him.  I don't set his roles, this is decided by the game code.

Both are match engine issues to do with role scoring.  The players are scored for roles based on the attributes they have.  So for the attributes Ramsey has, he is coming out as an Advanced Playmaker in-game.   So I'd urge you to post in the match engine forum bringing up this issue if you feel strongly about it.

Ok thats fine with Aaron Ramsey now you have explained it, but Aubameyang is a poor LW in game, there should at least be the option to develop him there, instead after a couple of weeks it alerts you saying hes maxed out there, if you play him on left wing hes half a circle max and never gets better, i have done 2 saves so far since the beginning i played him there for 5 (poor performing) seasons, and another for 2, its pretty clear in real life hes to be used there every week now, so your initial stats for him may be ok, but he should be able to progress there at least, i mean hes played 11 games there in real life in the last 2 seasons, scored 8 goals and 4 assists, thats world class levels.

In FM 2018 i could push Aubameyang much further and turn him into a elite Left Inside Forward.

2 minutes ago, GS1981 said:

Ok thats fine with Aaron Ramsey now you have explained it, but Aubameyang is a poor LW in game, there should at least be the option to develop him there, instead after a couple of weeks it alerts you saying hes maxed out there, if you play him on left wing hes half a circle max and never gets better, i have done 2 saves so far since the beginning i played him there for 5 (poor performing) seasons, and another for 2, its pretty clear in real life hes to be used there every week now, so your initial stats for him may be ok, but he should be able to progress there at least, i mean hes played 11 games there in real life in the last 2 seasons, scored 8 goals and 4 assists, thats world class levels.

In FM 2018 i could push Aubameyang much further and turn him into a elite Left Inside Forward.

This is a match engine role scoring issue, this is not a database & research issue.  Please post in the match engine forum letting them know about this if you feel that Aubameyang should have a higher initial rating for the role of inside forward in the AML position - it could be that it is scoring him too low for that role based on his attributes.  Please post in the training forum if you think that Aubameyang should be getting an improved ability in that role with individual training.

Just now, Dan Ormsby said:

This is a match engine role scoring issue, this is not a database & research issue.  Please post in the match engine forum letting them know about this if you feel that Aubameyang should have a higher initial rating for the role of inside forward in the AML position - it could be that it is scoring him too low for that role based on his attributes.  Please post in the training forum if you think that Aubameyang should be getting an improved ability in that role with individual training.

OK i just got told to post here in another forum here, i'll post in those.

I know this has been brought up during the beta, but I'm disappointed to see Hugo Lloris is still a Model Citizen in the full release. People who drink and drive aren't model citizens, especially when they can hardly stand upright and have vomit in their cars. Come on.

@kevinhowourth

Date of birth of Joe Friar (UID 28118198) [Newcastle U18s Data Analyst] is 03/04/1993.

Source: the guy himself told me :)

4 hours ago, GSevensM75 said:

I agree.  However, the stats are from a football perspective and how the player is then described isn't a data issue.  For example Ryan Giggs was extremely loyal to Man Utd and therefore it would be hard to argue that he'd be given a loyalty rating of 20 out of 20.  However, I doubt his brother would agree!

From a footballing perspective, Lloris is an excellent professional, is extremely loyal and isn't controversial at all.  He is also very sporting etc.

I disagree. How our data is communicated to players in game is if anything more important to get right than under the hood accuracy. And even if it wasn't, getting hammered during the football season isn't excellent professionalism. Maybe in the '80s and '90s but not any more. Standards are higher among top level athletes.

I searched in here and haven't seen this mentioned yet (apologies if i've somehow missed it):

Sarri: His set up seems to be a low-mid block, direct football which looks to be very counter-attacking where as I look at the way Napoli played last season and the way he's got his Chelsea team playing and they're definitely possession heavy, positional movement and balanced. I would suggest changing his defensive depth from 12 to around 7ish and Directness from 17 to around 5.

Emery: his tactics are the boring end of ball possession where as with Arsenal his team are quite aggressive, playing a fairly high line (the City and Chelsea games were very notable for this). I would again reduce his defensive depth to 7 or 8.

So can one of the researchers explain how Phil Foden has a higher potential than Mason Mount. When the latter has not only played more games but have shown more between his two  loan spells that he has the makings of a top footballer while the other has barely even played mens football and only has media hype at this moment. 

58 minutes ago, Amarante said:

So can one of the researchers explain how Phil Foden has a higher potential than Mason Mount. When the latter has not only played more games but have shown more between his two  loan spells that he has the makings of a top footballer while the other has barely even played mens football and only has media hype at this moment. 

I think most expect Foden do become a better player in the future (He might become a Lampard or he might be a new Rodwell, only time will tell). Mount is benefitting playing with Derby and Lampard putting faith in his ability, maybe he will get a bump in January if he keeps up this level.
Foden on the other hand has been playing less, but it's much harder to get in to a team like City with the midfield they have got. The fact that he is getting playing time, earning praise and made his debut for the England U21 (when he is only 18) is also a good sign.
If it was me, I wouldn't downgrade Foden, but maybe look into giving Mount a better potential if he continues with this level of performances.

2 minutes ago, Eric Leonardo said:

I think most expect Foden do become a better player in the future (He might become a Lampard or he might be a new Rodwell, only time will tell). Mount is benefitting playing with Derby and Lampard putting faith in his ability, maybe he will get a bump in January if he keeps up this level.
Foden on the other hand has been playing less, but it's much harder to get in to a team like City with the midfield they have got. The fact that he is getting playing time, earning praise and made his debut for the England U21 (when he is only 18) is also a good sign.
If it was me, I wouldn't downgrade Foden, but maybe look into giving Mount a better potential if he continues with this level of performances.

Same can be said about Chelsea. This is Mason Mount 2nd year playing senior football after winning Vittise player of the year and being instrumental in there bid for Europa league. He had offers from top-flight clubs to go on loan but decided he would benefit more from learning with Frank and ex head coach Jody. Mount also made his England U21 debut and played at the lower level as well. Mount has even been called up to the national team. 

I for one see them as having the same potential or close but the disparity between their potential is glaring. If there Potential was close between both of them then fine but the range disparity is very far and in between right now when one player is actually proving himself by playing in the senior game

Just now, Amarante said:

Same can be said about Chelsea. This is Mason Mount 2nd year playing senior football after winning Vittise player of the year and being instrumental in there bid for Europa league. He had offers from top-flight clubs to go on loan but decided he would benefit more from learning with Frank and ex head coach Jody. Mount also made his England U21 debut and played at the lower level as well. Mount has even been called up to the national team. 

I for one see them as having the same potential or close but the disparity between their potential is glaring. If there Potential was close between both of them then fine but the range disparity is very far and in between right now when one player is actually proving himself by playing in the senior game

I agree with you. Mount has stepped up, played great football and not just against small clubs (stepped up against Man Utd). My guess would be that he was rated by the Vitesse or Dutch researcher, and because of the "level" of the league he wasn't given a higher rating. The Chelsea researcher probably hasn't seen him since July 2017, when he was just a hot prospect. I would probably just give Mount a better potential, but my guess would be that this is more appropriate for the Derby County thread, this is just bugs (like if Mount had wrong apps, DOB, that kind of stuff). Giving evidence of what should change and why will be of help if the researcher is to change it.

14 hours ago, swansongs said:

I disagree. How our data is communicated to players in game is if anything more important to get right than under the hood accuracy. And even if it wasn't, getting hammered during the football season isn't excellent professionalism. Maybe in the '80s and '90s but not any more. Standards are higher among top level athletes.

I don't necessarily disagree but how do you define professionalism if it was a one off?  Another example is Teddy Sheringham.  He was an absolute **** head and loved a night out and yet he was also a great professional, as demonstrated by the longevity of his career and how he took care of himself off the field, with the latter seemingly contradictory to his party lifestyle.

That said, I still think this is a bug.  After his drink driving I did lower Lloris's professionalism.  He doesn't have a 20 against any of his person data attributes so I can't really see how he can be classified as a model citizen.

4 hours ago, Amarante said:

I won't comment on Mount too much but bare in mind that he is a year group ahead of Foden in his development (PF 3rd season since scholar, MM 4th), so this has to be factored into your comparisons here

Foden is an excellent young player with all the attributes to get to the sort of level as represented in-game. This is the lad that only 12 months ago was the player of the tournament during England's excellent U17 WC triumph, and has already beaten his PL appearance total from that personally hectic season (League cup, Prem, U17WC, BBC SP award...) as we enter November. He looks the part every time he plays, against whatever opposition he's up against. And there's a hell of a lot more to come. I certainly don't think this is a case of 'Media hype' vs performances in the second tier....

On 31/10/2018 at 18:15, Arsenal71 said:

Question re  Man Utd finances for January window, with no transfers allowed up to January, 'Mourinho' gets 180m. Their bank Balance is 385m and a wage budget of 3.8m p/w. Does this seem a bit high to people?

For comparison

Man City have 75m in bank, 100m TB and 4.2m wage.

Liverpool 97m in bank, 76m TB and 3.2 wage.

Chelsea 58m bank, 106m TB, 3.4m wage

Arsenal 265m bank, 98 TB, 3.3m wage

Tottenham 347 Bank, 92 TB 2.2 wage. (Their BANK seems high to me as majority of monies is going towards the stadium (net 600m in debt via bank loans), has this been taken into account  or is that 'savings' ready to be spent on the stadium, Just seems high to me.

I have delved through the account reports for Tottenham and Man Utd, i thought something was wrong as it appears that the revenue has been used for the bank balance. For Tottenham the chairman reported that cash in bank was 14.6m which is a star contrast as the 347m in bank. Not sure where the hell they got all that money from and explains why no money was available for Pochetino.  Debt will increas to 600m as well.

As for Man Utd their cash in bank at time of annual report was 242m in 2018, this has now been dropped to £155m, again this is a massive difference to the above 385m.

In closing there is far too much money in bank at Man Utd and Tottenham. Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal appear to be pretty accurate with cash in bank. Some big faux pars there and id love to know if this was a genuine misreading of the accounts or guess work.

Man UTD Quarterly accounts, Page 131 is cash in bank.

https://ir.manutd.com/financial-information/quarterly-reports/2018.aspx

Tottenhams -last paragraph.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/may-article-import/2018/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2017/

34 minutes ago, Arsenal71 said:

I have delved through the account reports for Tottenham and Man Utd, i thought something was wrong as it appears that the revenue has been used for the bank balance. For Tottenham the chairman reported that cash in bank was 14.6m which is a star contrast as the 347m in bank. Not sure where the hell they got all that money from and explains why no money was available for Pochetino.  Debt will increas to 600m as well.

As for Man Utd their cash in bank at time of annual report was 242m in 2018, this has now been dropped to £155m, again this is a massive difference to the above 385m.

In closing there is far too much money in bank at Man Utd and Tottenham. Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal appear to be pretty accurate with cash in bank. Some big faux pars there and id love to know if this was a genuine misreading of the accounts or guess work.

Man UTD Quarterly accounts, Page 131 is cash in bank.

https://ir.manutd.com/financial-information/quarterly-reports/2018.aspx

Tottenhams -last paragraph.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/may-article-import/2018/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2017/

Spurs finances are closely guarded but they have provided a more recent update than June 2017.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/?utm_campaign=672901_261018 NL&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tottenham Hotspur Football Club&utm_term=Club statement - link&dm_i=444I,EF7P,OD9EP,1MQIT,1

The key thing is that Spurs don't have much of a transfer kitty at the start of the game and they don't.

Finally debt may or may not increase to £600m.  I personally believe we won't get anywhere near that level but at the same time it will transpire we will have to delve into the facility further to complete the stadium.  However, there is also a possibility that won't happen as we have massively increased operating profits in recent years and yet do not have a net spend on players.  Most of that money has either been sunk into the stadium or we literally have hundreds of millions sitting in the bank that is already earmarked to pay contractors upon stadium completion.

31 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

Spurs finances are closely guarded but they have provided a more recent update than June 2017. 

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/?utm_campaign=672901_261018 NL&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tottenham Hotspur Football Club&utm_term=Club statement - link&dm_i=444I,EF7P,OD9EP,1MQIT,1

The key thing is that Spurs don't have much of a transfer kitty at the start of the game and they don't. 

Finally debt may or may not increase to £600m.  I personally believe we won't get anywhere near that level but at the same time it will transpire we will have to delve into the facility further to complete the stadium.  However, there is also a possibility that won't happen as we have massively increased operating profits in recent years and yet do not have a net spend on players.  Most of that money has either been sunk into the stadium or we literally have hundreds of millions sitting in the bank that is already earmarked to pay contractors upon stadium completion. 

The key thing is not the transfer budget but the cash in bank (balance) as this in turn determines the budget going forward. Your mis-representation of the cash in bank makes Spurs have far too much money in the January window. I would not show the if buts and maybes as cash in bank of the football club.  I think you've just misread the accounts and statements. Football Manager doesnt take in into account that you have to pay 3-400m off in one go once your stadium is built unless you get that hard coded in, however at the moment its not and you have far too much surplus cash in bank.

When we had the new stadium built, we had two  accounts, Arsenal FC and Arsenal Holdings,  Arsenal Holdings held the stadium accounts which was in debt (350m) however Arsenal FC which looked after the football side had good accounts with circa 60m cash in bank and no debt. This is what i would show.

Your debts does need increasing in January and your cash reserves need an immediate reduction to be realistic. Your cant put revenues in as cash in bank. Otherwise Man UTD would be close to a billion and we would be 600m upwards. Looking at your latest statement i would show that you have some cash in bank, but certainly not the 350m.

7 hours ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

I won't comment on Mount too much but bare in mind that he is a year group ahead of Foden in his development (PF 3rd season since scholar, MM 4th), so this has to be factored into your comparisons here

Foden is an excellent young player with all the attributes to get to the sort of level as represented in-game. This is the lad that only 12 months ago was the player of the tournament during England's excellent U17 WC triumph, and has already beaten his PL appearance total from that personally hectic season (League cup, Prem, U17WC, BBC SP award...) as we enter November. He looks the part every time he plays, against whatever opposition he's up against. And there's a hell of a lot more to come. I certainly don't think this is a case of 'Media hype' vs performances in the second tier....

Valid points but again, you can also say the Callum Hudson Odoi the other stand out person from that Tournament is underrated as well, And like i stated before Mount  played in the Netherlands top division and is now playing in the 2nd tier by choice as he was offered to play in the premier league and bundesliga. 

Alan Kelly

and Fran Alonso

left Everton ages ago!

also why are they in debt? Moshiri paid it off himself and the money is owed to him 

22 hours ago, Arsenal71 said:

The key thing is not the transfer budget but the cash in bank (balance) as this in turn determines the budget going forward. Your mis-representation of the cash in bank makes Spurs have far too much money in the January window. I would not show the if buts and maybes as cash in bank of the football club.  I think you've just misread the accounts and statements. Football Manager doesnt take in into account that you have to pay 3-400m off in one go once your stadium is built unless you get that hard coded in, however at the moment its not and you have far too much surplus cash in bank.

When we had the new stadium built, we had two  accounts, Arsenal FC and Arsenal Holdings,  Arsenal Holdings held the stadium accounts which was in debt (350m) however Arsenal FC which looked after the football side had good accounts with circa 60m cash in bank and no debt. This is what i would show.

Your debts does need increasing in January and your cash reserves need an immediate reduction to be realistic. Your cant put revenues in as cash in bank. Otherwise Man UTD would be close to a billion and we would be 600m upwards. Looking at your latest statement i would show that you have some cash in bank, but certainly not the 350m.

Thanks for your feedback.  But we'll see what happens in January.  I believe Levy will deliver some good financial news to spin the fact the stadium has been so delayed.  Financially Spurs are in a very strong position, primarily because we don't have a net spend on players that goes back seasons.  All that money has been sunk into infrastructure, rather than us having to borrow money.

4 hours ago, liamwpk said:

I think James Milner should have "Club trained at Leeds United"? 

I don't think he spent 3 years at Leeds between then ages of 16 and 21, because he left when 18.

Is normal that at the beginning the PL team with the lowest budget has around 50Mio €? In serie A the top 5 have: 50, 42, 40, 31 and 26 (Juve). I am not saying that these ones are wrong but is just to compare with bottom table teams in PL.

18 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

I don't think he spent 3 years at Leeds between then ages of 16 and 21, because he left when 18.

iirc other players to have left at 18 year olds have their respective clubs though. I.e. Rooney, Aaron Lennon, Mbappe.

Sheyi Ojo left MK Dons at I think at 14 or 15 yet has "Club trained at MK Dons". Although his is set as "3 Years Before 21" so perhaps the same for Milner?

Edited by liamwpk

6 hours ago, xtradj said:

Alan Kelly

and Fran Alonso

left Everton ages ago!

also why are they in debt? Moshiri paid it off himself and the money is owed to him 

We had this discussion earlier in the thread. Everton do still have a loan with a bank if I remember rightly, and money owed to Moshiri is still debt. He hasn't converted it to equity (shares) so its still debt.